Michael Flynn Hires Attorney Sidney Powell as Legal Counsel…

This is excellent news.  Last week Michael Flynn fired Covington & Burling LLP as his legal counsel.  Today it is being reported that Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn has hired former U.S. Attorney Sidney Powell.

This is an excellent development as Sidney Powell is one of the few legal advocates with a firm grasp on the surrounding dynamic.  Additionally, Mrs. Powell is smart to the tricks and corrupt tactics of Andrew Weissmann and the assembled crew of Robert Mueller.

It will likely take several weeks for Powell to review the case file (must be rather large), and given the background of corrupt FBI activity, hopefully Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn and Sidney Powell can mount an offense.

Recent Background – Last week the DOJ released the FBI agent report (FD-302) written after their interview of Michael Flynn on Jan 24th, 2017. (Full pdf below) From prior testimony we know that FBI Agent Peter Strzok did the questioning and FBI Agent Joe Pientka took notes.

However, for some reason, within the report they are continuing to redact the name Joe Pientka. [Could be due to ongoing employment]

It’s worth noting according to Mark Meadows the Office of Inspector General Michael Horowitz has interviewed Joe Pientka extensively; prior attempts by congress to gain testimony from Pientka were blocked by the FBI and Rod Rosenstein.

FBI Agent Joseph Pientka was never interviewed by the joint House judiciary and oversight committees (Goodlatte and Gowdy). The reason, as explained by Meadows, was simple; Pientka was on Weissmann and Mueller’s special counsel team. Congress was not allowed to interfere in the Mueller probe. In hindsight this looks like Weissmann, Mueller & Rosenstein strategically using the investigation as a shield from sunlight.

The interview took place on January 24, 2017. The report was written Jan 24th, 2017. The wording was then deliberated by the small group, approved by FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, and entered into the record on February 15th, 2017. Here’s the report:

Prosecutor Brandon Van Grack filed a cover letter in 2018 attempting to explain the reason for the Flynn interview on January 24th, 2017, and a delay in the official filing of the interview notes (FD-302) until February 15th, 2017, and then another edit on May 31st, 2017.

To explain the FBI delay, Van Grack claimed the FD-302 report “inadvertently” had a header saying “DRAFT DOCUMENT/DELIBERATIVE MATERIAL” (screen grab)

What the special counsel appeared to be obfuscating was a process of deliberation within the investigative unit, headed by FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, surrounding the specific wording of the 302 report on the Flynn interview. Likely how best to word the FBI notes for maximum damage.

In late 2018 Prosecutor Brandon Van Grack was attempting to hide the length of the small group deliberations within the FBI. In hindsight it seems he did not want the court to know Andrew McCabe was involved in shaping how the Flynn-302 was written.

However, we know there was at least a three week deliberative process in place, seemingly all about how to best position the narrative, because we can see the deliberations in text messages between Lisa Page and Peter Strzok: See below (note the dates):

The text message conversation above is February 14th, 2017.

The Michael Flynn FD-302 was officially entered into the record on February 15th, 2017, per the report:

The interview took place on January 24th, 2017. The FD-302 was drafted on January 24th, and then later edited, shaped, and ultimately approved by McCabe on February 14th, then entered into the official record on February 15th.

It was a deliberative document from the outset. Thanks to the Strzok/Page text messages we know the 2018 cover letter from the Special Counsel is misleading. The Feb 15th, 2017, date was the day after McCabe approved it (three weeks after the FBI interview).

May 17th, 2017, Robert Mueller was assigned as special Counsel. Then, the FD-302 report was re-entered on May 31st, 2017, removing the header; paving the way for Mueller’s team to use the content therein.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, IG Report FISA Abuse, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Spygate, Spying, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

392 Responses to Michael Flynn Hires Attorney Sidney Powell as Legal Counsel…

1. TwoLaine says:

Our prayers have been answered. Bless You Sidney! Go Get ‘Em Lt. General Flynn!

2. StanH says:

Awesome. This is gonna get fun.

• It' says:

Fun? Is she going to review the original audio to see if the government was honest about what Flynn said to Kislyak?

The judge ordered the Govt to turn over all transcripts and the original audio. That means the judge doesn’t trust any transcripts.

Did Flynn’s last lawyers ask for the audio? Were they given transcripts? Did they trust Team Mueller? Is any one that stupid? Yes–first evidence, the beliefs in the Steele “dossier.”

The govt has never quoted the Flynn Kislyak convos. My bet is if Team Mueller persisted in denying turning over audio the audio shows Flynn didn’t say what they say he did or the Mueller claims are exaggerated.

• Pedro Morales says:

I hope that a new member named Pidney Sowell is registering at CTH and will be providing “anonymous” updates as an “inside source” as this case continues. Jus sayin’

• iconoclast says:

That pusillanimous punk Andrew Weissman has met his match in Sidney Powell. You go, girl ! Kick his sorry a** !

3. Scott Wallace says:

I wonder what happened w/Joe diGenova

4. d says:

Not a lawyer, so how can Sidney Powell and Flynn go on offense? Do they just simply introduce the evidence on corruption to the court? I wonder how complicated this may get since there has already been a plea.

Side note – Will Flynns be able to cooperate with Durham and Barr now?

• It' says:

If Flynn’s last lawyers never got the Kislyak audio or trusted a FBI-Mueller transcript–there’s you “offense” plan–check the evidence!

Team Mueller has already shown guilty by trimming the lawyer voicemail audio in a transcript.

• Mark McQueen says:

Just speculating, but the goal could be to withdraw the guilty plea. I wonder if Flynn’s previous lawyers advised against doing that? Anyway, EVERYTHING changed when Barr forced Mueller to end the farce.

• #1 Motion to Withdraw Guilty Plea – MUST be done before sentencing
        #2. Motion to Dismiss and for reason thereof use all of the exculpatory evidence which the prosecution was REQUIRED to provide defense but didn’t
        As well as the bad faith manifested by the doctored telephone conversation of Dowd

S Powell knows better than most the Bad Faith tricks the Weissman/Mueller team uses in prosecution. Good luck to her and to General Flynn.

About the “deliberative delay” in filling the massaged 302: I wonder if it took them three weeks to get Agent Pientka, who was present at the “interview” and initially said he didn’t think that Flynn was lying, to agree to the changes?

• 6x47 says:

I have seen trial lawyers opine that Flynn’s lawyers weren’t the optimal choice for trial defense. They’re excellent attorneys from a top-notch DC law firm but they are NOT experienced criminal defense attorneys. They made procedural errors that annoyed the judge, for example.

Sidney Powell is everything they are not. AND, she would love nothing more than to mount Andrew Weissman’s head as a trophy on her wall. She’s been all over radio and TV decrying the corruption and ethical lapses of the Mueller team.

One thing’s for sure – Gen. Flynn didn’t hire Sidney Powell to tie up the loose ends and conclude his plea deal.

Go get ’em!

• Pedro Morales says:

Ineffective legal counsel. I pled guilty to lying when even the FBI investigators admit in their own 302s that I did not lie. Which they then edited, changed, and altered. My new legal team feels that I was not properly advised of my legal options. Your honor, We would like the original 302, text messages, emails, and memos of Strokz, Page, Pientak, and McCabe to prove I did not lie. We would like all 4 available for a deposition as to what happened. At which point a few then plead the 5th. Now what does the judge do? What does mr Van Graak do? What does Mr Barr do? Hmmmm. Delciious like a piece of Mar A Largo chocolate cake! Mr Van Graak has to be a bit panicky at this point. You can’t let the small group come forward as it will reveal misconduct by the SC team. And he can’t drop the charges and let Sidney explain what really happened. Meanwhile Bill is sitting back with a grin on his face as Mueller Weissman and Van Graak twist in the wind.

• todayistheday99 says:

Ineffective legal counsel that apparently bankrupted Flynn. They probably spent most of their time and energy making sure Flynn’s checks cleared and making sure Flynn sold his house and anything else those blood suckers could squeeze out of him.

5. Sherri Young says:

This is going to be truly EPIC!!!

No one better for this.

I cannot believe that Lt. Gen. Flynn was formerly represented by Covington and Burling, Eric Holder’s old shop.

6. HOT DAMN!! You go girl! – Sydney Powell that is.

General Flynn made a VERY smart choice!

7. digleigh says:

Awesome!! Go forth and defend!!

8. BitterC says:

Rest assured Ben Wittes and the Lawfare cabal are busy looking for some state level criminal charge that can be levied against Flynn.

I also hope Sidney is fully prepared to get Kavanaughed

• FL_GUY says:

I wonder how Wittes and company would fare with a Mueller style investigation into their past dealings? What goes around eventually comes around.

• sturmudgeon says:

I don’t think that Sidney Powell is unprepared for anything these sleazeballs throw at her.

• littleanniefannie says:

“I also hope Sidney is fully prepared to get Kavanaughed‘

When has Sidney been anything but fully prepared. The better question would be “Are Weissmann and Mueller fully prepared?” Can hardly wait and would love to be in the courtroom!!

• 6x47 says:

Remember how at one of the sentencing hearings Flynn’s lawyers filed a brief alleging prosecutorial misconduct, but then when the judge asked Gen. Flynn if he wanted to withdraw his plea and have the judge look into the allegations Flynn did not.

The judge was very annoyed, with Flynn and his attorneys, for filing a motion and then not following through on it.

I guarantee you, Gen. Flynn will withdraw his plea and Sidney Powell will file motions pressing the allegations of prosecutorial misconduct and abuse by the Mueller team.

The defenses have been breached with the closing of the Mueller probe; now General Flynn is on the attack.

• Louisiana Tea Rose says:

Do we must keep in mind about the times:

That was BB….BEFORE BARR…

We are now AB…..AFTER BARR.

It must suck to be affiliated with Lawfare these days. Mr. Wittes and his merry band of Comey-philes must now be defiling their trousers daily….the trail of droppings that lead from Comey to that bunch are unmistakable and damning…too bad Nadler’s shenanigans are stained with their spoor, as they are the garbage truck driving all the Nancster’s rule changes.

9. Moe Grimm says:

Strikes me as a Very smart lady. More, she’s has a firm grasp of what happened here.

10. Tom Idlewood says:

If I were a federal defendant, I’d sure want Sidney on my side. Given what’s transpired, my main fear is that she’s too late to do the most good against the cabal. But saving a fine man is always important, no matter the cost.

11. FL_GUY says:

Powell literally wrote the book on Weissman’s illegalities and dirty tricks. She knows where to look and what to look for. I hope this finally brings the career criminal Weissman to justice.

12. mj_inOC says:

Fantastic News, sd, thank you and Praise God!

13. Landslide says:

Honestly, most of this is above my ability to take in, but my instincts are pretty darn good.😄 And they say, excellent match!! Combined with the massive amount of research done by Sundance……Flynn is in superb hands!

14. MaineCoon says:

Below is an excerpt from Sidney Powell’s Epilogue in Licensed To Lie, published in 2014.

“As for me, I question deeply whether I can continue to practice law. I have lost trust and faith that most of the Fifth Circuit judges will do the tedious work, keep an open mind, put ideology aside, rule based solely on the law, and ferret out the true facts in the most difficult cases if it means ruling against the government. If one can be heartbroken by a court, I am.”

Then, corruption prevailed. Many years have passed. Much more corruption has happened. Here we are. Today, Sidney Powell has been chosen.

I thank God for choosing and exalting Sidney Powell for such a time as this and from the bottom of my heart I thank Sidney Powell for answering this call to seek truth and justice for General Flynn, for American Patriots who seek the same truth and justice, for our country and Constitution. She has accepted this calling at what will most likely be great personal sacrifice. I will be praying for my (our) Esther.

The Lord bless you and keep you,
    The Lord make is face shine upon you and be gracious unto you,
    The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6: 24-26

God bless you, Sidney. God has His hand on you.

• MaineCoon says:

Then, corruption prevailed, in many ways, until reaching the SC. Many years have passed. Much more corruption has happened. Here we are. Today, Sidney Powell has been chosen.

The Lord bless you and keep you,
      The Lord make is face shine upon you and be gracious unto you,
      The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6: 24-26

God bless you, Sidney. God has His hand on you.

• MaineCoon says:

Sorry…somehow WP still had my post up and I thought I was editing it instead of posting an edited verson (1 sentence)…

• annieoakley says:

The biggest point in the above epilogue is the 5th Circuit failed. The 5th was/ is one of if not the most conservative and ethical circuit courts in the US.

• Cow wow says:

Amen amen amen amen Mainecoon!!!
      More prayers answered!

15. Best news I’ve seen in a long time. I’m sure that Sidney Powell appears in Storm Trooper Weissman’s worst nightmares.

16. Paprika says:

Excellent news! Can’t think of a better attorney than Sidney Powell to eat Mueller’s corrupt crew alive and show the court the malfeasance involved!

Good luck/good skill to both Powell and Flynn in righting this injustice!

17. Finally, we go on the offensive. Who the hell picked Covington to defend him??? Powell despises Weissman and Muellar and has nothing good to say about Liu. She knows all the players and won’t back down. Depositions galore and gag orders for all the Weissman leakers who have used the media as their personal private secretaries…

• littleanniefannie says:

“Who the hell picked Covington to defend him??? ‘’

Likely the same genius that picked Lanny Davis (the Clinton’s fixer) to defend Michael Cohen. That genius is likely the DNC or George Soros.

18. rustybritches says:

Mrs Powell and Gen Flynn My thoughts and prayers go out to you and pray for your safety in all of this and pray that You will be able to find the truth and make sure these scum bags go to jail for ever They so richly deserve it..

19. Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Bravo! Time to eat their lunch, piranha Powell. First up over at the swamp snack table take a bite out of crooked little mister Weissmann. That should get the other weasels’ attention and maybe someone will step forward. First to squeal gets the best deal!

TRUMP 2020

20. Greg1 says:

Sidney knows what’s going on. And she knows oodles, bunches, and wagonloads (technical term) about Weissmann and how he operates.

Sidney…………may God allow you to get the truth out and be a nightmare for those who did Gen. Flynn wrong.

Expose their every wrongdoing.

Wear.them.out.

21. steviedawn says:

Perfect choice! Better if she’d been on the case from the get go. Let’s hope she help Gen Flynn out.

22. dogsmaw says:

🙂

• littleanniefannie says:

Just let’s you know exactly how crooked and evil the cabal are. Nancy could care less about justice or right vs wrong. As long as she keeps the gavel, she could care less. At present, she’s having more trouble with her radicals than with the President or Republicans.
      Wonder what would happen if we, the American citizens, refused to pay taxes to support these hit job lawyers? Oh what I would give to see the shoe on the other foot so I could hear them squeal! Democrats can dish it but cry foul if it doesn’t go their way!

23. bacillus says:

Somewhere in the final justice for Flynn, I hope there is a financial award by which he not only recovers all that his defense has cost him and his family (house, etc.), but also punitive damages. Yet that will never be enough to fully compensate the man for what has been done to him.

“Which office do I go to to get my reputation back?” – Raymond J Donovan

24. MIKE says:

For once in my pathetic life, I know a new player in this politi-drama is NOT a swamp thing.
    I hope the great Sidney Powell will continue to contribute here, when she can. I know her plate will be filled past overflow, but I do have the highest respect and confidence in the lovely Mrs. Powell.
    Great choice, General Flynn, great choice.

• permiejack says:

My guess is that she chose him and he jumped at the offer. She sees that the Flynn case is just a tip of an iceberg to exposing publicly the entirety of the cabal.

25. chojun says:

Additionally Sidney is read up on the CTH here.

GO GET ‘EM SIDNEY! Your task is greater than one (very great) man’s future!

26. Jeff P. says:

The Heavenly Fathers will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven!! Father please protect Sidney Powell and Michael Flynn from the evils of the left and globalists and Especially from the DOJ and FBI, Government stooges etc. In Jesus Great and Holy name, Amen!!

27. SpotTheSpook says:

Hi Sidney!

28. candyman says:

Will Weissman be on the other side in court?

• MaineCoon says:

Attorneys of record for Plaintiff USA are isted below. My question is how can Van Brack still represent USA if the Special Counsel’s Office is shut down per Mueller presser or did he just return full time to DoJ? What department does he work in? CI?

USA

950 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
      Room B-103
      Washington, DC 20530
      ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED
      LEAD ATTORNEY

29. Katherine McCoun says:

Boy! Just wait until she gets hold of discover! I love what she will learn and the fruit that will come from this much less her help to General Flynn

30. xenosonice says:

Powell’s interview w/ Levin a few months ago is a must-see. She is one of the few true Patriots in the administrative state who has the guts to stand up, when it’s so much easier to just float along. God bless her.

31. Suzanne says:

OMG. He could not have chosen better!!!!! This is great news!

32. Publius2016 says:

the question is simple: Will Flynn Fight?

based upon past, I think the strategy will be to “fight on Constitutional grounds” so as to keep the plea deal while arguing that the Government violated procedure…Gen. Flynn for one reason or another is being “held hostage”…

I think documents will come forth proving Gen. Flynn was targeted for political reason and not for fara…

• Mark McQueen says:

I’m not a lawyer but to me, logically, it doesn’t make much sense to argue “procedures” while still pleading guilty. Flynn wasn’t likely to get a stiff sentence so challenging procedures seems kind of pointless in that context.

• Newhere says:

Also, what’s the logical reason you’d fire your law firm and hire Sidney Powell? Prosecutorial misconduct is her animating cause — and there’s no one better to bring the fight. You don’t hire Ms. Powell to go toe to toe with Weismann with the idea of preserving a bogus plea deal and wrangling over procedure. It’d be like asking a champion race horse to gun for third place.

Flynn is all in Treepers.

33. Eastender says:

This news made my day. Smart move on General Flynn’s part.

34. Maquis says:

OUIAI!! It’s on!

35. Pa Hermit says:

YES! Proof there is a God with Divine Intervention!!! Looking more and more like the hand in a poker game that was only two pair is becoming four of a kind! Best news of the day and it’s only Noon time!

36. Andrew Weissmann’s worst nightmare! Sweet dreams Andrew…..👺

37. rashomon says:

As my grandfather used to say, “God is in His Heaven and all is right with the world1” Sidney Powell knows the Weissmann ego backwards and forwards. Hubris personified.

Now we are watching a match worthy of the time.

BTW, John Dean? John Dean? As I recall, he got nailed for fashioning testimony involving I.T.T. prior to Watergate masterminding? The guy’s record for telling the truth parallels…? Let’s make a list.

38. Skippy says:

My local City library head denied knowing a “thing about Sidney Powell”. My tax payer money at work/sn. All for Dems, nada for us.

39. Tiffthis says:

Wow! Great move

40. Linus in W.PA. says:

Sydney, please, please, please rain Hell down upon these treasonous bastagees!!!!

41. Mr. Anderson says:

I read Powell’s book and she is the only one who can take this task on! I hope she unravels every string that leads right up to Obama, Holder, Lynch and the State Department, including the DNC and Hillary campaign!

42. YY4U says:

I hope Sydney Powell and/or someone on her staff reads CTH and I hope if they do that consider the possibility that the FBI/CIA were spying on General Flynn BEFORE he signed on to the Trump campaign team, like when he went public about the fact he’d warned the Obama Administration against sending weapons to the “rebels” in Syria because it would likely result in an ISIS-like result.

Bet a dime to a donut they were spying on Flynn MONTHS before he joined Trump’s team.

• The Akh says:

Sidney posts here on occasion. She knows the entire sh-show. She literally wrote the book on this kind of corruption. She knows Weissmann probably better than anyone.

The slap back on this will be epic.

43. she is asking for extension!

44. lewfarge48 says:

Hip Hip Hooray !
    I read her book”Licensed To Lie” last fall and was really impressed by her. I am a CPA, 70 years old and I knew all about the PERSECUTION of Arthur Andersen and some of the people at Merrill Lynch.

Having her go against weissmann / et al, is one of the GREATEST NEWS I have seen in a LONG TIME !
    This really is a BOMB dropping on the FEDERAL FELONS known as the mueller gang !
    As an aside, IMHO, both mueller and weissmann should have been prosecuted and disbarred ages ago !

45. The Akh says:

Best news today. Hope there is more best mews to come!

46. Sunshine says:

This is going to be brutal and delightful to see as it unfolds.

47. drg13miami says:

I’ve seen interviews that Sidney has given…smart, well-spoken, and experienced. There’s little doubt in my mind that Gen. Flynn will be exonerated. Then I hope The Donald offers The General leadership he deserves of a major intelligence organization. Go, go, go!

48. lawton says:

Hopefully Flynn’s FISA and most of this illegal spying comes to light officially soon so Flynn can get his case tossed for outrageous government conduct.

49. Esther says:

Just wondering if Sidney will hire/work with some other prominent persons on this case. Its a damn lot of paperwork and strategizing. While she leads and fronts everything, would be great for her to have a solid team of “advisors” to consult with in the counter-lawfare surge that she faces. Its rumored that the judge has a certain “addiction” which has been used to ‘temper him’, and this accounts for his unpredictable outbursts at times. If anyone else has info about this ‘addiction’ please share. But yes, we all must join the battle with our prayers for success in busting this unlawful spying and prosecution wide open.