President Trump and First Lady Melania attend a more casual dinner with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Madame Akie Abe.  The couples were friends prior to politics and enjoy spending time together.   Dinner is at Inakaya Hibachi restaurant, Tokyo.

First Course: Japanese potato with butter; Second Course: Salad; Third Course: Grilled chicken; Fourth Course: Wagyu beef steak with broccoli and carrots; Dessert: Vanilla ice cream.

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Japan, Japan State Visit 2019, Melania Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Couples Dinner – Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Madame Akie Abe Host Casual Dinner…

1. anthohmy says:

2 scoops, I hope.

2. Publius2016 says:

nice…simple…classic…

3. Rebecca Joe Pacey says:

I hope Hannity asks him about the Ice Cream, what a hoot!

4. Rebecca Joe Pacey says:

I hope Hannity asks him about the Ice Cream, what a hoot!

5. Bob, Esq. says:

The Japanese have the right idea. Less focus on formality; more focus on purpose of their meeting.

6. Q&A says:

Lovely coordination of colors between the couples. The menu sounds wonderful. In honor, I’ll make my dad and myself a thick Texas steak and watch the Sumo wrestling finals tonight on NHK.

7. Nigella says:

I hope they enjoy their stay there. Must be nice to be somewhere where you get the respect you deserve…

8. Does it bother anyone else that the youtube clip did not have a translation of PM Abe’s comments?

Melania looks stunning as always–love that color on her. And Mme Abe’s dress is also lovely on her. Charming couples

• GB Bari says:

I’m sure we can get the translation somewhere since YT missed it.

I’d say both couples are handsome representatives of their respective nations.

9. MaineCoon says:

Extended video showing the food presentation.

• bertdilbert says:

The Japanese are tops at packaging and presentation.

• merlintobie says:

very high IQ individuals

incidentally, I wonder exactly how much Japanese language our VSG President Trump speaks – he got big applause when he did

• bertdilbert says:

You don’t have to speak that many words to make a difference. For instance Samoan language you only need to know two words Talofa = Hello and Palusami = taro leaves cooked In coconut milk. Guaranteed to put a smile on a Samoan face.

• bessie2003 says:

Did I hear that right? That President Trump personally paid for the cost of the trophy?

That makes it even more special of an honor, a personal, as well as national (USA) gift to the Sumo tradition.

Our nation truly has a Very Special Genius to go along with Very Stable Genius for a President.

• bertdilbert says:

A small price to pay for 200 years of marketing his trade name and he is probably able to write the whole thing off as a donation. VSG Trump.

• Peter Rabbit says:

Inakaya is most fun restaurant in Tokyo!!!! Great for both first couples and outstanding choice by Abe staff. Makes me hungry. Makes me smile.

10. Ilcon says:

Makes me hungry.

11. Eastender says:

Nice to see the Trumpster having a nice time with friends.

12. MaineCoon says:

FTA: Wagyu beef is one of Japan’s most renowned delicacies, and is prized for its tender, melting texture. Wagyu cattle are often massaged, played classical music, and given beer to drink to improve the flavor of their meat.

It generally costs more than $110 per pound to buy in the US.

Read more: This steak is so hard to find that only 5 cows of its kind come to America per month to make this $180 sandwich

• bertdilbert says:

On sale at Costco
      Japanese Wagyu Filet Mignons Steaks, A5 Grade, 8-count, 6 oz, 3 lbs.

Online Price
      629.99
      Less $100.00 discount
      Your Price $529.99

• FL_GUY says:

As I understand it, Obama shipped it in by the plane-load for his extravagant parties. I figure between travel and parties, Obama cost the tax payer 4 or 5 billion dollars during his 8 years.

• tonye says:

There’s also “American Wagyu”. Costco has it every so often when they bring out the Meat Counter “Road Show”. Anywhere between 30 to 50 bucks a pound. Never frozen. The marbling is beyond prime ( I only buy prime grade meats nowdays…. eat less, eat much better ). You eat all of this stuff rare, you see. The sous vide is your friend for this.

Right now, I got a one pound wagguy rib eye end cap ( 50 bucks ) in a vacuum bag with a bit of salt in the garage fridge. I’ve had it there for… three months. Maybe we’ll grill it tonight on the outside table top grill. Hmmm….. One lb is more than enough for two people.

I need to get some vanilla ice cream.

It does sound like the Trumps are being treated to some very good food.

PS- I also got two prime grade cowboy cut ribeye steaks… vacuum bags, salted, 3 inch thick. My garage refrigerator is worth a fortune nowadays. 😉

• MGBSE says:

The obama’s ate it often while in the white house – that and lobster…and of course we paid for it.

13. Matt Bracken says:

May the four of them all live to 100 years!

14. J Gottfred says:

…meanwhile, somewhere in Chappaqua, NY, another wine bottle is again smashed against the fireplace while someone screams, “That should be me! Why not me! I want it to be me!…”

15. 100% YOOPER says:

Why wasn’t I 50 points ahead😫

16. hard masada says:

When PM Abe starts talking turn on the Closed Caption ~~ Make sure you have auto-generated (click the gear next to CC) on English, The person or AI is putting out some really funny stuff. Talk about putting out fake video comments~~~this is super funny better then the drunken PullOSI one,,,,what they say that it was doctored?,,,how do they know that fer shure?,,,She’s known to have a nip now and again~~more NOW, I hear.

17. Rynn69 says:

Proud of our President & First Lady looking so distinguished (FLOTUS in a beautiful magenta dress and PDJT in a complimentary tie). Prime Minister Abe and Madame Abie looked stunning as well in their periwinkle/lavender shade.

18. ZurichMike says:

No fish? So many tasty Japanese fish/seafood dishes.