Congressman Jim Jordan questions AAG Matt Whitaker on the August 2017 scope memo (shown below) that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein delivered to Robert Mueller.

Representative Jordan asks if there are specific people named within the hidden (redacted) scope memo. Initially AAG Whitaker says “yes”, and then appears to back away from that answer.  The exchange is below:

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, Big Government, Decepticons, Deep State, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, FBI, IG Report FISA Abuse, Jeff Sessions, Legislation, media bias, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Spygate, Spying, TowerGate, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

377 Responses to Jim Jordan Questions AAG Matt Whitaker on Rosenstein Scope Memo to Robert Mueller….

1. I watched as much of the hearing as I could and have commented elsewhere in the other thread.

Whittaker did not do a good job at all. The Demon Rats basically rolled him and he did not do well under pressure. Frankly he looked like a big bungling know nothing who didn’t even try to defend our President Trump, his Administration or even himself.

But what really turned me off to Whittaker forever was when he was asked about the Gestapo raid on Roger Stone’s home and he actually sat there and tried to justify and defend it. I pray that all of you will listen to this A$$ Clown try to defend the indefensible and then go back to Sundance’s post from yesterday where he shows the videos from the Storm Troopers doing the raid. Watch for yourselves just what Whittaker had okayed.

It is INCONCEIVABLE that this raid could actually have taken place the way it went down in the United States of America. THIS IS NOT NAZI GERMANY OR VENEZUELA. This is NOT supposed to happen! And yet it did and Mr. Whittaker had nothing much to say about it, let alone express his horror or even dismay or disapproval. Screw him.

Whittaker is dead to me. I once had high hopes but now I have no use for the man. Let him go back to wherever he came from and stay the hell away from the Trump Administration. If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.

• JRD says:

1 million likes !

• Joan Calhoun says:

Times another million.

• DrNo76 says:

Yep. Huge missed opportunity. That raid was utterly unsupportable. Wray should have been called to the WH and asked if he OK’d that raid and if he did, fired on the spot. And if not commanded to fire whoever OK’d it. Disheartening.

• Sherbear61 says:

Why isn’t that happening?? No one challenges them, ever.
            Since the midterms, things are moving pretty fast, if you’re paying attention to what’s going on in the background. It’s sad and, it’s terrifying.

• Agreed, terrifying, not just because the Democrats are so empowered in their evil and the changing of this nation, but terrifying because they ARE empowered and there is no push back what-so-ever from anyone!

• Ken Lawson says:

” It is INCONCEIVABLE that this raid could actually have taken place the way it went down in the United States of America. ”

There was a time that I would have agreed with you. But I’ve seen so much over the last 30 years that is similar and would both disgust and terrify most people here at CTH. From what I’ve seen and know about, what happened to Roger Stone is not an isolated incident. There is a side to law enforcement in America that is dark, and it has driven very good people from jobs in the system. That said, there are also many wonderful Americans working hard to do the right thing in our law enforcement system. After the early years of learning the negatives I have learned to focus on the good that are out there trying to do the right thing.

• glissmeister says:

What happened to Roger Stone is the new standard and has been for the last 20 years or so. In general, it’s our new (and failed) generation of lawyers that have encouraged this new standard and have remained silent and supportive of the massive increase in the power of lawyering. Massive increase in power means more money.

Same as, awful border and immigration policy means more money. It would be interesting to know how many millions the government pays daily to lawyers to represent infiltrating foreign citizens who violate our immigration laws (and their nation’s treaties) and national borders.

The good lawyers used to protect us against the bad. No so much anymore.

Did you ever wonder about this. Lawyers are officers of the court. Courts are members of the Judicial Branch. How is it Members of the Judicial Branch are properly eligible to run for offices in the Legislative Branch? Is this not a fatal conflict of interest?

The culture of modern lawyering has very much become championing the fundamental corruption of “getting to have it both ways” — that everything is real is just rhetoric, relative; that rational materialism and legislated law trumps natural law; that power and money are what counts and that primacy of the individual is secondary to the financial interests of institutional cabals and supremacist syndicates. This is Olde Europe writ large.

The Ugly Truth: They get to have it both ways. We don’t. The corruption is apparently total and good people swim the filth hoping to turn the tide that threatens to swallow us all.

Whittaker did a great job of placing “the big problem” into full public view. The counterpoint with Jim Jordan and the counterpoint with Nadler were vivid. technicolor moments.

We’ve been sleepwalking. Terms like “Liberalism” and “Conservatism” are but just another rhetorical opiate that lulled Americans to sleep while the syndicates and cabals stole and corrupted everything they touched.

Why is the term “Criminalism” never used? Is that because the term “Criminalism” so succinctly describes the Truth of what has actually been going on?

• mark says:

Agree 100%….that means he is a cowardly swamp creatures….as worthless as the possum. I despise this clown Whitaker.

• RJones says:

@Seneca, Fully understand the emotion you’re expressing. However, we’re looking at a relatively young man thrown into a highly complex, highly partisan situation. When I look at and listen to him, I do not get the sense I’m listening to a corrupted liar. He seems like a decent guy to me. And, most importantly to me, Sen Grassley supports him and recommended him. For me, that means something. My world would be blown apart if I ever learned that Sen Grassley was one of the corrupted. So, my recommendation is to give this guy a pass until the facts come to light.

• clairebee says:

Agree with RJones- I think Whitaker did a remarkable job considering the pressure. He hit back at stupid questions and scoffed at some of the repulsive nature of others. He followed the guidelines of his office. Whether Rep or Dem, if he couldn’t answer he did not answer and said so. Those looking for a savior are not going to find it in one person.

• candid says:

Whitaker did not answer Jordan’s question on whether Rosenstein put names on the delayed document. Whitaker did not do good at the hearing. He allowed the dimms to run roughshod over him and especially the Draft Dodger, Nadley. When they continued to disrupt his every answer, he should have stood up and walked the hell out of there.

• clairebee says:

that is naive. He had to stay and they will call him back. He must follow the guidelines of the office. The Democrats embarrassed themselves for all to see. In this alone, it was a beneficial hearing.

• MelH says:

Nadler is a particularly nasty, ill-mannered obvious Trump Hater who has the “Little Man Syndrome” so honed to a fine art, he appears as an out-of-control juvenile delinquent. Whitaker was subjected to the kind of harassment shown to Brett Kavanaugh, by the same evil Dems, so judging Whitaker by what you saw of him being harassed by Congress is, in my opinion, unfair. I’ve not seen or heard of him in any other venue, so I could be 100% wrong.

• I understand what you state here, and Lawd knows how a person can be brought down by acting “individual” …but, the saying “when good men do nothing” is really resonating to me, in that:
          there are no good men, single or otherwise standing up and saying something about what is wrong!
          Nor in the justice system (except for Judical Watch) not in the FBI, not in the CIA (I always hear there are a “few good men”-yet)..
          I mean, are we so frightened by our very own system that a “Good Man” cannot stand up and state “Hey, that is wrong”??? And frighteningly so!
          I believe that alot of our MAGA President’s Moxy has also been chipped by the deep state, it is a lot for one man standing alone in that sea of alligators and snakes, so I seriously do not blame him (take that Ann Coulter ya witch-and all you naysayers, I like to see what the heck you would do in his shoes). Pardon me, I shall leave the floor now.

• clairebee- I respectfully disagree with you. I am not a government official nor any kind of “big shot.” I am just an average, Patriotic American citizen who supports our President Trump and the Constitution. I love our great Country and will fight as hard as I can to preserve what we have, especially our freedom.

As part of my civic duty, I read and consume as much information about our government as I can- Federal, State and local. I write letters to the editor. I go to meetings and town hall events. I participate in the blogosphere and engage with others similarly situated here at the Tree House.

I can tell you with certainty that based on my own limited knowledge- I COULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB DEFENDING MY PRESIDENT AND MYSELF THAN MR. CLEAN DID. And you know what? I bet that probably 95% of the Treepers could have done so too.

Please stop making excuses for people who are supposed to be on ” our ” side.

• Donny Brook says:

Ok, I’m going to suggest flipping this whole thing over and looking at it another way.
            Whittaker says they do not investigate people, they investigate crimes, right?
            The Rosenstein memo is so heavily redacted that you cant make heads or tails of it. Whittaker wouldn’t say much about it. Whittaker wont say much about anything. You are all losing your minds because he wont rip his shirt off like Hulk Hogan and bodyslam Nadler in front of everyone. So answer me this: What if the Rosenstein memo is the complete opposite of what you all think it is? What if Mueller uncovered all the FISA abuse, the Carter Page plant, the setups, the abuses of power, and had to go back and ask Rosenstein if all that was covered under his charter? That would explain a lot, why Rosenstein wont unredact the memo, why Whittaker really cant let the cat out of the bag, why Adam Schiff and the Congress Critters are going ape sh*t nuts and starting their own investigations. We know about Bruce Ohr’s testimony, we know about Baker and McCabe being prosecuted, we know more every day. Eventually-connect the dots. But for right now I’ll make an educated guess that the Mueller investigation will be issuing a report, there will be indictments to unseal and it will totally blow the democrats away when they see who they are. Hint-Obama era DOJ/FBI dirty birds who are the ones under investigation now.
            Rosenstein may not be the villain everyone is convinced he is. Sessions’ reason for recusing himself may, in time, become more clear. Barr is Trump’s personal pick for the AG spot. He has stated quite clearly that he will not create a firewall for either side, that’s when the dems started getting worried about him. They were all for him at first, then they cooled off when he said he was going to follow the rules, they were hoping he was a never-Trumper, which makes no sense but neither do they.

• WSB says:

Whitaker sounded like a college quarterback.

• RLTW says:

The AG doesn’t approve or disapprove of criminal cases or SWAT raids at the FBI Field Office level. The AG is echelons above. This was done solely by Mueller and his old guard Stasi loyalists at the Miami Field Office.

I wish that during the recess Whitaker would have called Wray, had Mueller and his entire team fired and walked out of FBIHQ, then returned to the inquisition and informed the Dims that all of their questions are now moot. Wishful thinking.

I was just happy to see someone who exhibited at least a little defiance at the Dim clowns. It was entertaining. He’ll be gone next week anyway. Bill the Swamp Master/Gun Grabber Barr will be confirmed enthusiastically by the likes of Diane Feinstein.

Save your spite and intellectual energy for trying to figure out why President Trump nominated Bushy Swampy Barr. All I can figure is that Trump has given up any pretense of operating within this utterly, systemically corrupt system.

But Trump is not the type who would ever quit. What is he up to? Is he set to go full Abe Lincoln? I personally hope so. I don’t see any other solution than civil war and the death of everyone on the Left in this Country.

• cwf60 says:

I have no doubt that President Trump has been threatened. I hope that I am wrong.

• MelH says:

When we see silence by people who have the OPPORTUNITY to speak out against any corruption, I submit we see realistic fear. The level of left evil is astounding, like trying to predict the behavior of huge starving bears in the wilderness when they have a human cornered. cwf6o, I seriously doubt you are wrong.

• livefreeordieguy says:

Why in God’s name did you have “high hopes” for Whittaker? Why?

• mj_inOC says:

Whittaker, go back to football…
      Or, grow a backbone, like Heroic Jim Jordan!

• MrG says:

Yep-I only needed about 3 minutes of the video to see that Mr Clean is waaaaayyyy out of his league.

Before his testimony, about 5 days ago, I posted here that Mr Clean has been told what he will do and what he will NOT do and he WILL comply.

My guess is Mr. Clean cannot wait to get out of his acting role and back to the gym.

• warrprin1 says:

I could not possibly agree more. No wonder Witless has remained in hiding. It wasn’t just this House Committee that rolled him. The Rosie-Mule team must have psyched him out as an easy pushover from the start, and had their way with him, probably well before the schmuck Sessions even left town.

This sounds beyobd uncharitable. But it was worse before I cleaned it up to post.

• war- After what we Deplorables have been put through, I wouldn’t worry too much about our remarks being “uncharitable.” I have had to clean up many of my own posts because they were just too vicious.

• MelH says:

Like every other Conservative, I fear the starving bears. Otherwise Pelosi, Ryan, AOC and that loud-mouthed MichiganMuslim chick in Congress , who lied about the location of her domicile, would be buried in nastygrams from me EVERY day until death do us part.

• ARW says:

There’s a super duper top secret investigation going on which neither the President nor Congress is allowed oversight.. I’m certain it’s not supposed to work this way.

• farrier105 says:

We are witnessing something so absurd, that was planned and executed with almost brazen incompetence (if anything like it was ever done before). How can anyone cover up anything this obvious? After Hillary was caught paying for dirt about Trump from Ukraine and/or Russia? After Perkins Coie got caught laundering the money to Fusion GPS (obstruction)? After Steele admitted they were just manufacturing a reason for Hillary to challenge the election in case she lost? When the Steele Dossier mentions a secret file Putin has on Hillary to which only Putin and his right-hand man Peskov have access? When the media forgot to cover the DNC hack, allegedly by Russia, because of a mass shooting committed by the son of an FBI informant two days before the Washington Post broke the story, and the exclusive Washington Post article about the hack states ONLY TWO FILES WERE STOLEN by the Russians and NO EMAILS WERE STOLEN?

Anyone out there thinks there’s room for anymore incompetence and stupidity? Yet, they get away with it. You have to hand it to them.

• zaq123 says:

Are you under the impression that this took place with the direct knowledge of Whitaker? Or could it be that THEY expressly did not tell him what was going on?

As it is, this was part of the Mueller investigation and there isn’t supposed to be any outside interference. Isn’t that why they have Special Counsels/Prosecutors? To avoid any sense of a conflict or special treatment?

If Whitaker had known about it and canceled the raid, what would have happened? Heads would explode and the immediate narrative was that the President ordered his handpicked, AAG, to protect a friend and Obstruct Justice. He would have handed the President over to Mueller and the Dem’s on a silver platter.

This was a decision made in a secret room and instructions delivered under penalty of someone’s career being ruined or a given to a foot soldier in Miami, loyal to Mueller, Comey, Strzok, McCabe, & Rosenstein.

Was it overkill? Absolutely. I’ve done that stuff before. Believe it or not, no matter how violent the target, a simple knock on the door works just as well as M4s, body armor and flashbangs, in some cases. And locking up a guy in his 60s, the way they did, is appalling. They could have called his lawyer and asked that he turned himself in, done a traffic stop, or simply called him in for another interview and initiated the arrest there. This was a show, as we all know, and nothing else. But, anything done to impede, slow down or stop Mueller and his gang will be described as Obstruction. And it appears, that right now that is the only thing they can try to get the President on. But now they have resorted to trying to bait him into doing something, so they can go that route.

I think Whitaker was:
      1. trying not to impugn those agents that were there. Those folks were just doing what they were told….Of course many will say that they should step up and say something. And those folks have never been in that position, so their input doesn’t matter. The agents were given orders and the followed them. Any warrant that is done by federal agents has to be approved by leadership in DC. That takes time. Sometimes days, if not weeks. They write up an, Op Order, and it’s sent to DC for approval. If anyone needs to be questioned about this, Wray needs to be questioned.

2. making sure that he gave the Dem’s not one single solitary reason to think that he’s protecting the President. Which I don’t think he is, by any stretch. But, if he had given anything, they and the media would be pouncing on him, saying that he’s helping the President obstruct justice.

Like it or not, Rosenstein-Mueller-Comey-Clinton-et al, have painted the President into a corner. Until someone forces Mueller to come clean on his cases, laying out his evidence instead of hiding behind national security and ongoing investigations, this is going to continue. IE…the case against the “13 Russians”. DOJ is arguing that the evidence used to indict those 13, be kept classified. The defense isn’t even allowed to see it, therefore, they can’t mount a defense.

All it’s going to take is one judge to tell Mueller/Rosenstein…To Put Up or Shut Up.

And that hasn’t happened. Not sure it will.

• Bastiat says:

Sure, I’d never be in that position, but because I wouldn’t go work for the stasi in the first place. Screw everyone of them that trades their morality for a paycheck.

• zaq123 says:

I’m not going to argue anything you wrote. But, for the most part, those folks go into that wanting to wear a cape and save the world. It is only after being there for some time do they take baths in the KoolAid and become the next Strzok, McCabe, et al, because there are too many of those types to count, unfortunately. They see how that game is played and they’re more than happy to toss any integrity they had, out the window for advancement and power. And therein, lies the problem.

• RLTW says:

I didn’t know I was working for the Stasi until about two years ago. Look, every decent person in the FBI is leaving. They are either retiring or finding another line of work in this smoking hot job market (Thanks President Trump).

FBI recruiting quotas are not being met. The FBI cannot find young talented people who are willing to join this corrupt organization. FBI’s solution? Abolish the standards. FBI is hiring people who are illiterate, cannot pass a basic physical fitness test and who struggle to pass a firearms qualification standard from the 5 yard line (Agents used to qualify out to the 25 and 50 yard line).

These are your future masters. South Africa anyone?

And there are plenty of people within the FBI who fall on their sword and honor their Oath of Office on a daily basis but you will never hear their stories reported in the media. For example, you will never hear about the woman in the FBIHQ Finance Office who the FBI was sending to the bank to withdraw taxpayer money so that Comey’s illegal alien housekeeper could be paid in cash off the books.

She made the mistake of pointing out that this was illegal. She was called into the office from her Airforce Reserve training and unceremoniously fired. Her life is ruined. What have you sacrificed for this Country?

• RLTW says:

Well I’ll just hand it to you on a silver platter. Jennifer Hutcherson. E-9 Air Force Reserve. Formerly FBI Finance. Anyone out there in the media willing to investigate and report this? ALL OF YOU SUCK!!

• MelH says:

Wow! This just makes me cry. DAMN!

• zaq123 says:

It’s hard to say that what they did to her is disgusting. Because it is so much more than that. But, what is worse than all of that is, what would they do to an everyday schmo. Granted, the FBI doesn’t go through the White Pages or on Zabasearch and just pick a name out. But, what happens to the folks that can’t afford the $1000/hr lawyer. He’s at the mercy of the Feds and the DOJ. And there isn’t anything that can be done.

• zaq123 says:

I’ve worked with some awesome folks from the FBI. I’ve worked with some folks that were riding out their 20, get their pension and move on to something else or be Mr Mom. Fortunately, I never knowingly was around the Strzok/McCabe types. Then again, most of those types would never be on the street with a bunch of street cops, getting their hands dirty.

I read that under Mueller, the hiring standards were changed and there was a rather overt push to NOT hire veterans and former LEOs. They “caused” problems, apparently. In other words, they could think for themselves and that cannot be allowed in the Secret Police.

• mark says:

Thank you zaq123 for the thoughtful well reasoned response. Especially your point about the defense not being able to DEFEND THE CLIENT because of sealed evidence. GESTAPO or in this case against a sitting President TREASON!! You just described the PLAN mentioned in texts by Strozk to Page.

• donna kovacevic says:

You know what that video on the raid of Roger Stone’s house showed the rest of the world(not USA) what a bunch of chicken shits those agents be it rank and file and the rest are. My good God! The world is horrified and laughing at the same time and saying “Only In America”! Remind me never to visit Miami again.

• Helen Pearson Souza says:

We must acknowledge that our president has not done all he can to stop this. He has immense powers and seems to be hogtied and unable to act. I’m not sure if this is because he has too many Swampers in his administration or what. But he has to start smacking these idiots down.

• Kent Neal says:

While I did not watch all of his testimony, I did hear him say at one point that he was disturbed by the raid. It was all political theater by the dimms anyway, so I won’t be quite as hard on him.

• One very interesting question answered by Whitaker is that he has been asked to prepare some PARDONS, I would assume, by the President! Other than that, don’t let the door hit him on the way out of the DOJ.

2. Oldskool says:

If the Swamp thought for one minute that Barr is going to go in and clean anything up, there is no way he would be approved as AG. The only hope I hold out for him is what he said during his confirmation hearing about generally that at his age he didn’t care anymore about being politically correct. It’s possible he could be our modern day Elliot Ness, we’ll see.

• Army Mom says:

I hope you’re right about William Barr but after reading this I’m very disappointed in his appointment. He has a long history of squashing America’s rights. The state of our country breaks my heart and I pray everyday for God to stop the lawlessness that has taken over. America today is not the country of my youth..

• MrG says:

Nope, no Elliot Ness. It will biz as usual at the DOJ. Perhaps a different shade of lipstick on the DS pig. But that’s it.

The thoroughly corrupt, (and that includes the vaunted “field agents”, you know the ones who pulled off the raid on Roger Stone?) morally bankrupt, criminal enterprise that is our “justice system” will continue operating with impunity

• BitterC says:

Barr has a chance to enter the history books if he does what is required.
      Perhaps we wants to atone for his past? More than 20 yrs have passed & he might actually have some regrets.
      OTOH, it appears being a swamp creature is a family affair. He might not want to mess up his kids’ livelihoods?

• Keith D. Rodebush says:

Elliot Ness is the birther of the corrupt American Justice system. Once convinced that someone is guilty, anything to get them is justified. This attitude has permeated law enforcement ever since.

• I hate to say it, but all of these DOJ appointments are the responsibility of the President. He seems to be getting some really bad advice.

3. Chewbarkah says:

Help me out here. WHAT POSSIBLE JUSTIFICATION is there for keeping Rosenstein’s SC authorizations secret from the American people TWO YEARS IN? Are we to believe that R. named important crimes and persons that Mueller hasn’t investigated or even contacted yet? Preposterous. Suggestion for Whitaker: Release the unredacted documents and turn off the lights on your way out the door.

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

This will be their argument:

The DOJ does not release investigative directions publicly to protect the targets should the investigation prove the accusations baseless.

Unless of course you’re 84 Inches of Awesome!!…… James B Comey

then you shit all over your target right before you exonerate her, hoping to split the baby down the middle.

• clairebee says:

Jim Jordan was really hot about that one, as he suspects that information is critical. But I don’t think it’s about whom you think, Chewbarkah. JOrdan stated emphatically that we investigate crimes, not people, so I suspect the names listed (if that is what they are) are Trump and his family, etc…

4. Alex50 says:

Whitaker is Sessions junior.

5. spoogels says:

BUT
    WATCH: Room ERUPTS When Acting AG Whitaker Tells Democrat Chair His ‘Five Minutes Is Up’

Like a BOSS!

6. spoogels says:

Sheila Jackson Lee Triggered After Whitaker Trolls Judiciary Committee, “Mr. Attorney General, Your Humor is Not Acceptable” (VIDEO)

7. Doppler says:

Interesting article exploring the Rod Rosenstein – DC AUSA Steve Wasserman (DWS’s brother) role in terminating federal criminal proceedings related to Brenda Snipes destruction of ballots from the 2016 primary where DWS eked out a narrow victory.

• clairebee says:

yes, interesting. She is a rat to the nth degree, and ever since that video of her threatening the Capital Police Chief about he “darn well better” give her back her computer (that Awan had dumped) or he will suffer consequences I am on the alert for her shenanigans.

8. rmramerica says:

The face of Matt Whitaker in the exchange with Jim Jordan is the face of a man caught with his hand in the cookie jar. His long arm is elbow deep and he doesn’t want to disclose with any statement the mess the DOJ and FBI created or is involved in. Jordan brought it to everyone’s attention. Well done! Snifter clink to the congressman.

9. TomA says:

The DOJ/FBI is never going to come clean about the covert coup being executed against a sitting US president, and no one in DOJ/FBI is ever going to be charged or prosecuted for committing numerous Class I felony criminal acts by persons in a position of trust. The reason for this is quite simple really. Should any high ranking member of either DOJ or FBI be convicted of perjury or sedition, they will taint every other prosecution occurring during their watch and open the door for thousands of criminal convictions to be overturned due to institutional malfeasance. The entire edifice of DOJ/FBI would then be focused on remedial actions associated with those cases.

DC will not heal itself. Barr is going to do exactly what Sessions was working on before he was fired. He will coverup the entire criminal enterprise that is DOJ/FBI and whitewash everything with some blustering outrage and faux rule changes that purport to prevent a future recurrence. It will all be a sham and the end result will be an explosion of public cynicism.

We need a yellow vest movement to descend on DC and demand an end to the double standard that allows DC elites to bypass the same laws that are imposed upon everyone else. Nothing short of that will make a difference.

10. covfefe999 says:

To those of you who are upset with Whitaker, it helps to keep these two things in mind:

1) The Republicans did not demand that Whitaker appear at this hearing, the Democrats did.

2) Whitaker has a limited purpose and he is fulfilling it. He was intended to be a temporary replacement for Sessions.

You need to have reasonable expectations. Now, after Barr is confirmed, we can expect that he’ll make some progress and we can be upset if he doesn’t. But Whitaker is just temporary, a place holder. Sessions had to go, and Rosenstein had to be put back into his DAG spot.

• I agree. Whitaker was effective against the roaches Sheila Jackson Lee and Jerry Nadler.
      Perhaps did not expect Jordan’s questions–gotta love Congressman Jordan who is like my two terriers–persistent and determined in protecting his countrymen!

• lemmus1 says:

^^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^
      Sick of hearing faux outrage because of Whittaker actually doing his job before an extremely hostile committee. Was he perfect? No. Did he draw a weapon and begin shooting the Dems, starting with Nadler? No.

He did his job, professionally, and without the stupid sneers and obvious contempt that Rosie exhibited. He gave no ground and repeatedly exposed the Dems for the snakes they are. Neither did he provide anyone any grounds or headlines for further delaying Barr’s confirmation. Did he expose any redacted info? No. And Jordan knew he wasn’t going to but got his licks in on Rosie despite that. Any revelation of redacted info would have caused a firestorm and given the Dems/RINOs another excuse to delay Barr.

Whittaker will remain among Barr’s top cadre going forward. Rosie will be allowed to ‘retire’ gracefully after a short grace period. Barr will spend the next few months gaining control of the DoJ/FBI. Unless the SC issues a report and closes, the DoJ is going to be externally quiet while Barr does his homework.

It will be late summer before we know who Barr is – unless the SC shuts down before. Let it be. Trump made his pick. We are all in on Trump. Put the Eeyores out to pasture.

I’m more and more convinced that some here won’t be happy unless mass executions begin tomorrow. Simply isn’t going to happen. We are America, not Nazi Germany. There will be convictions enough before Trump is done with the Deep State. Let it be.

• Krashman Von Stinkputin says:

Whitaker is Pretty Woman
      He’s Working Girl
      He’s Charlie Bucket who got to see the Chocolate Factory.

Imagine this
      A guy who criticized Mueller publicly got to be Mueller’s BOSS and peek up his skirt.
      He got read into Rosenstein and Mueller’s investigation
      He got read into Micheal Horowitz’s investigation.
      He got read into John Huber’s investigation.

And in 5 days or so,,,,,,,,he will be a CIVILIAN again.

I want to take this opportunity to personally thank Matt Whitaker in some small way by offering to pick him up from the office on his final day and take him out for All You Eat Steak N Beers at Sizzler followed by a slumber party at my house.

I want to hear all about Cinderella Whitaker’s three month stint at The Castle and maybe help him find new employment.

I’ve been combing the Want Ads and found a couple leads:

Serious NEWS organization is looking to fill vacancy formerly held by Matt Whitaker for counter-point commentator position about the Mueller probe. Interested applicants must be ALOT like Matt Whitaker.
      Contact B.Stelter@menshairclub.com for details.

Important Institution looking for young go-getter with “Staff Chiefing” experience.
      Interested applicants can contact Kellyanne at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Inspirational and inexhaustible blogger looking for copy-boy/cat whisperer.
      Contact Sundance at the Conservative Treehouse.

11. Robert Smith says:

Ex-NYTimes editor, Jill Abrahmson – plagiarized in her book?

No big deal! It’s tough when you have to write your own original content.

Will go on to hawk book at the Newseum – journalism’s onanistic monument to itself, that will soon close.

• Yes and the plagiarism is quite stark–I read two passages last night and they were almost word for word. Abrahmson caught slack-jawed by the evidence, apparently.

BWAHAHA another sting on lying corrupt media.

• paper doll says:

Write it? She didn’t even read it. lol!

• MelH says:

A book I wrote that was, in the contract, supposed to be my autobiography of a certain segment of my life. The editor assigned to me didn’t like my version of that segment and told me how SHE thought it should read. Since I had already spent the Advance money, and needed the other half I would get when the manuscript was turned in, I fictionalized my life to suit the Editor. She added bits and pieces to suit how SHE thought the readers would react. Abrahmson may have had the same editor. When you sign a contract in Advance of writing the book, you get paid half the agreed upon price immediately. The rest is paid upon submission of the manuscript. I needed the money and let the Editor do with it what she wanted. Abrahmson might have done the same thing.

• paper doll says:

I think it fairly common practice that such books as Abrahmson’s are ghost written, indeed it’s expected….which may be why she’s getting away with it. She didn’t steal others work…an underling did .

• Robert Smith says:

Makes sense if it is a Deep State payoff to her for services rendered. Pre-written, just sign on the dotted line.

12. GSparrow says:

Jim Jordan’s questions were the best during the entire Dem inquisition. Hearing the answers (if ever) will likely be shocking. Where were many of the other GOP members? Whitaker was pummeled by 5 or 6 Dems in a row at one point while the GOP seats were mostly empty.

Whitaker seems like a decent fellow and I hoped he would manage to rise out of the legal snake pit at the DOJ but it appears he was not able to do so alone. I suspect he tried, but the pressure from the anti Trump majority was too much for him and they swallowed him up whole and then expelled him as a retrained “part of the old guard’s team.” The Stone raid and the continued one side only indictments against Trump associates certainly indicates that is the situation.

13. Alan Brandenburg says:

I watched the circus for about an hour after lunch. I have never witnessed the kind of behavior that the Democratic Socialists exhibited. One bitch would ask the AG a question about something Trump supposedly said and then ask the AG if Trump said it in he presence. When he tried to explain that conversations between he and the President were confidential, she immediately said “I’ll take that as a yes.

If “guilty until proven innocent” is now the new standard of our politicians, then this is not the country that I have known and loved for 70 years.

I thought for a moment that I had tuned into a Russian television and the Federal Assembly and the State Duma were doing the hearing. The Gestapo like behavior of the Democratic Socialists is reprehensible.

14. Lefty says:

A lot of over reactions about Whitaker. He isn’t swamp, and he certainly isn’t part of the coup.
    He stood up to the Dems and didn’t give them any of the soundbites they were all after. His “I’m not here to be your puppet” response was perfect. He didn’t implicate the President in any way and strongly held to any conversations he has had with the President or WH was priveleged. I suspect he isn’t the designated hammer. He was a placeholder to keep RR from further overseeing the SC. We need to be more worried about Barr and what he will and won’t do as the confirmed AG going forward.

15. Patriot Lady says:

Because the Treehouse continually adds new followers, let me again remind us of the real Jim Jordan This is my letter from last year….

July 11, 2018 Jim Jordan’s dirty little secret
    No – it’s not the recent accusation of immoral behavior when he was a college wrestling coach to which I refer. This dirty secret more recent, and politically speaking, far more dangerous to us than allegations of him concealing sexual assault of college wrestlers when a OSU college coach. Jordan’s immoral actions occurred in 2013, 2015 and 2017. Please let me explain.
    This week I received an email from Tea Party Patriots defending Jim Jordan. TPP asked us to rally around Jordan and support him against these charges.
    Before going any further however, let’s briefly review of how the US Congress works– in particular, the role of the Speaker of the House. One of the duties of The Speaker is to set the House legislative agenda. The Speaker determines which legislation reaches the House floor for a vote. In other words, The Speaker of the House controls all legislation passing through Congress. Remember that.
    Now back to Jim Jordan….
    As you know, in October 2015, Speaker of the House, John Boehner, resigned in disgrace. Boehner lost the Speakership, not because he was voted out by House GOP members, but because of pressure put on Congress (fire John Boehner!) by frustrated constituents and Tea Party groups across the nation—Republicans and conservative Americans angry with their representatives that they were not doing what they were elected for- upholding conservatism. In reality, Boehner’s deceit and his anti-conservatism dates as far back as 2008: https://thinkprogress.org/boehners-home-state-tea-party-slams-his-secret-plot-to-kill-the-congressional-ethics-office-63b175272af2/
    Before 2015 however, steps to remove Boehner were beginning to take shape.
    In January 2013, several House members– not Jim Jordan– but Louie Gohmert, Justin Amash, Tim Huelskamp, and Thomas Massie, led an insurrection to oust Boehner. Shockingly, neither Jim Jordan nor Michele Bachmann, both who had campaigned as Tea Party candidates, would join the effort– even after Tea Party groups from Cincinnati to Toledo, Dayton to Akron –and conservatives all over Ohio begged them to do so. Over a period of 2 weeks, literally hundreds of phone calls were made and emails were sent to Congress. I know- I was a part of it! Even RedState blogger and radio host, Erick Erickson was involved. In January 2013, John Boehner would have been replaced by a conservative Speaker, but for the lack of 2 Republican votes- shamefully 2 Ohio Republicans– Jim Jordan and Brad Wenstrup. Jordan and Wenstrup stabbed conservatives in the back, supported Boehner, and he was re-elected. To this day I still scratch my head and ask– Why did Jordan support Boehner?! He knew Boehner’s horrendous record: making back-room deals with Pelosi, stonewalling the Benghazi investigation, refusing to de-fund Planned Parenthood, and even threatening to redistrict Jordan over his opposition to the 2011 budget deal. How can this be the same Jim Jordan who fought so adamantly for conservatism in 2011?!
    In January 2015, with the anti-Boehner movement gaining momentum, those same 4 congressmen- Gohmert, Amash, Huelskamp, Massie- plus 21 others, led an even greater effort to oust Boehner. Both Jim Jordan and Michelle Bachmann however, sucker punched conservatives again, and supported Boehner for Speaker!
    So in September 2015, after our RINO congressmen refused twice to do it, a citizen revolt finally forced Speaker Boehner to resign. With Boehner gone, Jim Jordan was granted a third opportunity to redeem himself when a brave conservative, Daniel Webster, volunteered as candidate for Speaker. Jordan could have joined the effort, but he didn’t. He instead supported Boehner’s liberal clone, Paul Ryan. And in January 2017, Jordan threw conservatives under the bus for the fourth time, supporting the anti-Trump liberal, Paul Ryan! There is no doubt in my mind- Jim Jordan is not only a member of the DC Swamp, he’s fertilizing it! Jim Jordan’s support for Speaker Paul Ryan paved the way for this:
    And this:

Bottom line– if all legislation introduced in Congress is controlled by the Speaker, and Jim Jordan has a history of supporting dishonorable liberal Speakers, how can Jim Jordan truthfully call himself a conservative? What credibility does he have if he tells us he voted against a bad bill, when he supported the liberal who controls all legislation to be voted on?!! So the next time your GOP Congressman brags about his ‘conservative’ voting record, just remember this– it means squat! The only vote that mattered was his vote for Speaker of the House.
    Personally, Jim Jordan’s guilt or innocence of ignoring sexual abuse against college wrestlers concerns me not. His actions in Congress for the past 5 years are a far greater example of his character– a liar, coward, and should not be re-elected. Which evokes this question: Why are Tea Party Patriots still supporting him?!!

• Fringe Dweller says:

“Why are Tea Party Patriots still supporting him?!!”

Answer: Short attention spans. It’s the problem most Americans have concerning politics, and it’s probably the most important reason we are where we are today.

16. KeithInTampa says:

Wow….

17. Jerry Miller says:

Why was Whittaker appointed? The Dems were outraged and obstinate after the fact, but that little charade soon disappeared.

18. gymcy81 says:

“…the DOJ investigates crimes, not individuals…”

On page 3 of the attachment,
    a specific name IS identified – not blacked out – in the memo from DOJ Rosenstein to the Special Counsel….

The rest of story is sssslowly unfolding…

Jim Jordan and Matt Whittaker – Thank you for shining some light on the story.

• gymcy81 says:

In this articles, Attachment C, pg. 3 of 4,
      there is a written name, spelled out, visible, readable that is a real person (and not blacked out).

Remember what was stated in the hearing?
      “…the DOJ investigates crimes, not individuals…”

Who wrote the memo of Attachment C?

… connect a few dots …

p.s.
      Could it be that some other treepers may be barking up the wrong tree? (for untold reason?)

I do not know
      imho

19. Pew-Anon says:

I’ll take that as a yes.

20. Obviously the memo contains names, we can see from the small section unredacted. It’s names attached to specific allegations. The question is why 2.5 months later. And we a week after the Manafort Raid. And why it was issued at all. And how was Mueller given a counterintelligence investigation against the regulations. Our side never asks the right questions…

• gymcy81 says:

Congressman Jordan was asking…
      (and teamed up with the Interim DOJ director to shine some light.. for others to take a look). : )

Thank you committee Chair Nadler for creating the public opportunity… ; )

And thank you Matt Whittaker for accepting the invite, even though you are in the position, temporarily. (at the current time).

Go ahead, and watch the Q&A again…

Seeking the truths….

21. Mr. Acting Attorney General, your five minutes have expired!!

22. Realist says:

The swamp is wide and the swamp is deep and everybody is in it.