Attorney Robert Barnes explains to ‘Fox & Friends’ that any ‘false statements’ made about the students needs to be retracted and corrected within 48 hours or the subjects who targeted the Covington High School students will face lawsuits.

Mr. Barnes explains the specific laws that apply to minors; the process for libel damages under the current circumstances; and further outlines he is providing his legal services free of charge in order to stop malicious smears.

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Christian Values, Cold Anger, Cultural Marxism, Death Threats, Dem Hypocrisy, media bias, Notorious Liars, Occupy Type Moonbats, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

375 Responses to Attorney Robert Barnes Gives Covington Smear Merchants 48 Hours to Retract Libel and Slander…

1. Cyber says:

My money’s on a whole lot of these libelous people doubling down on stupid.

• Paul Tibbets says:

Agree, they are blinded by hate. For the last 2 years all THEIR created fears have been confirmed.

• Jederman says:

Hate to be sure, BUT most are empowered by anonymity, the famous are empowered by privilege. I would also like to see the “law” level the playing field for these minor citizens.

• G. Alistar says:

Hate for Trump? Hate for kids wearing MAGA hat? Hate for the fact that the kids were marching at the right for life march? Hate cause essentially the kids were white and the Israelites were black and the drummer was a Native American? Hate for losing in Nov 2016? Hate for the high school students perceived smirk?

• Thinky says:

I think that the fact that they supported the right to life helped to agitate some of the feminists. They live in a dark, unnatural place where it is nothing for them to kill their offspring. There has to be torment deep within.

• Thinky says:

Sorry, I didn’t make my antecedents clear. The Covington students were supporting the right to life. I think that some in the media, especially feminists responded with rage precisely because the students had traveled to D.C. to support the unborn. Women who kill their offspring are either gripped with remorse or they work on killing their conscience every day and they do everything they can to keep it dead.

• Robert Smith says:

“Women who kill their offspring are either gripped with remorse or they work on killing their conscience every day and they do everything they can to keep it dead.”

For the women that have spoken freely about this topic to me, a few, I think that the act affects them deeply. So much so that I feel they wouldn’t have if given the choice again.

• Judith says:

Smirk? The kid was was being kind.

When I was a teenager, my buddies would’ve collapsed on the ground, dying of laughter, had some random “native American” run up to pound a drum in my face!

And I don’t think I could’ve kept a straight face either!

Many would find the implausibility of such a situation to be highly amusing. People may react with bemusement to unusual or surprising situations. So what?

Nowadays, everything has to be a freaking Federal case because the MEDIA says it is! And that’s nonsense!

• everywhereguyy says:

It’s what they’re best at. Comes to them naturally.

• jackphatz says:

Oh let’s hope so!

• GB Bari says:

They already have. From what I can see, only a minority of the false accusation smear merchants have apologized.

• humaweiner says:

I agree.

• InAz says:

Many have already doubled down and are keeping up the attacks.

• Yup, it seems that the Catholic Bishops have doubled down on stupid. Maybe Barnes should include them in the libel suit. Good grief. It’s not easy being Catholic nowadays…with people like these bishops and the current pope in church.

• Yy4u says:

I call him The Red Pope.

• Given how he has betrayed the Chinese Catholics with respect to the Communists, yup, he is red all right. Bright red.

• MTeresa says:

Some call Francis the Anti-Pope.

The priest(s) who was chaperoning these students needed to get out in front of this. He should have been front and center when the Native American Activist tried to provoke the students. He should gave gotten in his face and let him know they had nothing to back down for. They. Did. Nothing. Wrong. That’s what a strong male figure would have done. I have not seen him being interviewed (but then again, I’ve stopped watching network news long ago).

We need strong male leaders that won’t back down when they are in the right. However I was very impressed watching the interview with the young man (he does give me hope). I recall him saying, any kind of racism is not tolerated in his school. Savanah Guthrie asked him, why didn’t you just move? Excuse me? Why should they have to move? They were doing nothing wrong and not hurting anyone. Why does someone in the right always have to back down? Why is backing down and acquiescing some kind of virtue? My God, they were there to show that they were Pro-Life! After seeing what just happened in New York State, we need more young men like this.

Don’t. Back. Down.

• Tall Texan says:

Not the first or last time a bishop has stolen a young man’s innocence

• Rhoda R says:

Even so, I don’t see why he’s giving them an additional 48 hours. The story was debunked a couple of days ago – that the media, et.al. haven’t provided corrections is enough proof that they are willing participants in the deliberate libeling of innocent children.

2. Paul Tibbets says:

And where were is the MSM in exposing the documented lies of chief fridge repairman?

Phillips has lied multiple times and all the MSM will say is there is conflicting accounts.

Truly the enemy of the people.

3. frances says:

Go get ’em!!!

4. Tiffthis says:

Hope that goes to the Omar woman in office too. She tweeted that those boys were yelling at the pro life march “you weren’t raped, you liked it” and other such things. Of course she has no video of these claims

5. henry says:

I would bet Haberman gives a ‘so sorry it’s not true’ apology at 47.5 hours.

6. Sentient says:

I hope Barnes sues each “journolist” personally and individually (in addition to their corporate employers).

7. Why does our side fire warning shots? Shoot to kill.

8. webgirlpdx says:

I’m all in for lawsuits to help stop at least some of the Social Media madness where these evil people can get away with their filth on any given day. We need some legal precedence starting now. Thank you, Mr. Barnes.

9. sundance says:

10. DAVID FALES says:

Kudos to Robert Barnes. It appears more and more people have observed PDJT fight back (successfully) and have decided that it is time for them to join the fight.

11. Doug says:

I’ll send this Barnes dude money if he opens a fund for this righteous endeavor

• If he wins, he will get a portion of the settlement as his payment. That’s kind of how it works especially for class-action cases.

• Dutchman says:

He said he would represent “for free”, but didn’t clarify if that means,no ‘retainer’, but percentage of judgement if he wins (PROBABLY), so should be clarified.

So, he’s not altruistic, he just sees a case he has a GOOD chance of winning.

• Firefly says:

It levels the playing field in the courtroom. Not all cases are won. Any money he does gives incentive to fight other cases.

12. Linus in W.PA. says:

Isn’t this Barnes guy somehow tied to Manafort?

13. kinthenorthwest says:

I hope this attorney rakes them over the coals for hundreds of millions.Tired of the left feeling like they can do whatever they want to good upstanding Americans. Attacking American children was bottom of Barrel.
    My biggest pray is that this will help a few Americans to finally wake, would love to see millions of Americans wake up.

14. Elric VIII says:

Mr. Barnes has the look of a bulldog about him. Sic ’em!

15. NJF says:

i’ve been forwarding tweets to Barnes all day!

SE Cupp is still spewing hate. I guess bc she’d never think to watch FOX, shes oblivious. he, he.

16. Call Me Al says:

I wonder when the Diocese of Covington will issue its apology?

• loisplane says:

They gag-ordered the students. No talks with media.

• bofh says:

Uh… can they do that, legally? (I assume “they” are the school) Students are not employees, they’re actually more like the school’s customers.

IANAL, so just asking. OTOH, avoiding talking to the media is probably a good idea in any case, since we know that they are not fair brokers.

17. LEET says:

Should be interesting to see unfold. Many are doubling down on their smear and lies. Just saw a story pushed by the Guardian pushing bias and propaganda.

Notice that “smirking” is now deemed by the left to be some sort of provacation and they can read into the “smirk” whatever nefarious intents that justifies the actions against these boys.

18. kevin king says:

This sums up the just how big the stakes are in this fight….they won’t stop at destroying children if they are white. Shocking that they think they can get away with this.

19. 335blues says:

Sue the heck out of these vile lying agitators.
    They continue on a daily basis to cause violence, fear and all manner of damage to the lives of innocent people, and to the freedoms of all Americans.
    Damn them to hell.

20. Time for Barnes to start filing, not reconciling. He’s getting bomb threats now. Forget these offers of leniency. Burn them all, no quarter given, salt the earth.

21. emet says:

The smart ones will fold now and cut their losses, leaving the target-rich environment of those who are likely ignoring astute legal advice. These fools will be sorry over the next couple of years, and some will finally settle at the last minute. I expect to see some weaselly retractions, though, over the next two days. Hoping to see some of the Hollywood people get an expensive lesson and have to neg on gofundme.

22. MIKE says:

About. Damn. Time.

23. Jane in Florida says:

BREAKING: Lawyer Representing Covington Kids Receives Bomb Threat After Giving Celebs and Journalists 48 Hour Notice to Retract or Face Lawsuits

Attorney Robert Barnes’ Twitter page is: https://twitter.com/Barnes_Law

*****
    This bit of news was retweeted on Attorney Barnes’ page

Jim Hoft
    ‏Verified account @gatewaypundit
    3h3 hours ago

Covington Catholic Bishop and School Administration — Who Threw the Kids Under the Bus — Now Barring Them From Speaking to Media to Defend Themselves @CassandraRules https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/covington-catholic-bishop-and-school-administration-who-threw-the-kids-under-the-bus-now-barring-them-from-speaking-to-media-to-defend-themselves/ … via @gatewaypundit

24. kinthenorthwest says:

Mario Murillo Ministries did a good piece on this..

25. WeThePeople2016 says:

26. spren says:

It’s very telling that even after these leftist haters are presented with indisputable evidence that the exact opposite took place from what they claimed, they are undeterred and double down with their lies and vicious hatred. Seeing those red MAGA hats provokes the exact same response as a bull seeing the red rag waved in his face. There is no rational way to deal with these sociopaths. They must be neutered or destroyed politically in one way or another.

27. LKAinLA says:

God Bless this man! I am beside myself with happiness that he is going to help apply the law to these lawless liars.

28. Heika says:

And that is how the media should be dealt with! A proper use of the law and liable for authentic purpose. Somehow they have to be held accountable. Even if the big dogs never are. Show them how Mr Barnes, you may inspire others.

29. I hope this includes Bishop Roger Foys and the Kentucky Catholic Archdiocese that he represents.

30. thesavvyinvester says:

State of the Union in the Covington H.S. Gym.Invite Angel Moms and Dads. We have had it, sue them all Counselor….

31. LarryInMt says:

First billion dollar libel/slander judgement – couldn’t happen to a bunch of more deserving folks

32. I believe he has been on the case since Friday, and some 48 hour warnings have already expired.
    I want him to sue the church too!

33. Another Scott says:

Whether they retract or he sues it sets a great precedent. Honestly when will journalists be held accountable for their negligence which affects all of us, even those who try to ignore them. Hopefully starting now we’re tired of them yelling fire in the crowded theater

• betseyross says:

They have crossed over into the ‘fire in the crowded theater’ realm of free speech. Bless Mr. Barnes for pressing on with this. It’s sullying our culture beyond repair.

34. gamecock123 says:

The left’s response doesnt bother me, I totally expected them to go low as Hades, but the ones on the right that jumped right along with them disgust me. A few clicks on google told me, a nobody to journalism, he was a typical professional leftist grifter looking for a scam. Those on the right that jumped in are just as low as the MSM they drool over. I hope they get sued as well.

• mimbler says:

Not to mention that the MSM narrative didn’t really track with what even the original video showed.
      I don’t believe there were any innocent people jumping on the bandwagon to lampoon those kids.

• Flubber says:

National Review and Ben Shapiro being two of the more egregious examples.

You’ll notice both would be happy to send these kids to die in some Middle Eastern war however…

• rozelave says:

the National Review slander was vile. The author compared the students to Roman guards spitting on Christ. Once the backlash started the author issued a non-apology. Then the National Review declares that the non-apology must be accepted.

Time for the Never Trumper Review to cease to exist

35. Too bad they never brought up the social media platforms; if major changes is going to happen, it will require a successful big $$$ lawsuit against Twitter, Facebook, et al.

36. Janeka says:

Someone needs to file Child Endangerment charges

• spoogels says:

This I agree with. Nathan Philips and that Israelite mob should be hit with such a law suit. Barnes should set the wheels in motion

37. yy4u says:

This is the first step of taking back our country. The Left have used law suits and intimidation against Conservatives without any retaliation. They now think they’re entitled to beat us up whenever they want to and suffer no punishment or retaliation. IMHO we need to fight fire with fire, just not to the extent they go to. In other words, a toe for an eye. These boys were not public figures. These boys were minors. Thus they should not have been targeted, not by Little Beaver with his drum and certainly not by the media. I wouldn’t accept the apology. I’d sue their fannies off and put the money into a charity or a scholarship fund at the school. If they continue to get away with the stuff they’ve been doing, they’ll keep on doing it. ENOUGH.

• MTeresa says:

It was clearly provocative and a total set up.

Each time the media pulls stunts like this, they lose more and more viewership and confidence in their ability to put out news and not propaganda.

But I agree. They need to be held liable – especially since these were minors.

38. andyocoregon says:

I DVR’s the Today Show this morning as I was curious how the interview with Nick Sandmann by Savannah Guthrie would go. She asked several leading questions, obviously designed to make him admit guilt for his actions last weekend. One of the worst was:

“There’s something aggressive about …. standing there (as she bobs her head up and down as if to confirm her lie). You both stood your ground. It’s like a stare down. What do you think of that now when you think about that moment?”

WTH is “aggressive” about standing still when an aggressor with a loud drum goes out of his way to walk up to you while banging the drum in your face?

NBC is so disgustingly Fake News!

BTW, they admitted they had given three separate interviews to the aggressor (my description) Nathan Phillips before this interview with Nick Sandmann.

• andyocoregon says:

BTW, directly after the interview was shown today, Savannah Guthrie announced NBC planned to have yet another (4th!) interview with Stolen Valor Nathan Phillips soon as a rebuttal to Nick’s interview today.
      NBC is slime!

• I thought that interview didn’t serve Sandmann well. While it was good red meat for a 24 hour news cycle on our side, I thought it was ill-advised and he under cut his legal case.

Side note: I am not an attorney but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last week.

• andyocoregon says:

Keep in mind he is only 17. And he was being psychologically trolled and misled by Guthrie. I think he did very well, all things considered.

• Ronnie says:

Wonder if the interview was the brainchild of the PR firm.

• Strange, I thought Sandmann handled Guthrie magnificently.

• lydia00 says:

Agreed. It’s always a mistake. I understand the need to get your side out there but let the professionals handle it. The top of the hour news on the radio all day was Sandman quoted as saying, I should have walked away. He is taking on the responsibility for the situation and the Democrats will jump on it.

And worse, I detect a fracturing at Covington Catholic. Remember the principal and the bishop threw these kids under the bus immediately. And it looks like perhaps some of the parents are taking sides. When it comes to these religious institutions almost always the people in charge will fight to save face for their stupidity using Jesus as cover. Don’t worry folks I’m not anti-Catholic, I am anti-spiritual institution which includes all hierarchical denominations and closed systems of religion.

My guess is Sandmann’s parents took the advice of his principal and or bishop. If my kid went there I would be organizing a come to Jesus meeting about firing the principal for throwing his own students under the bus without good information. Is that a good role model for “education”? I realize the Catholics can’t do anything about the bishop except for stay home from church and withhold funds as a protest. Evidently, his tile means he is anointed by God or something.

But I wouldn’t look for Covington Catholic to all be on the same page. Leaders in those sorts of hierarchies will go to a lot of trouble to save face. The bishop is secure but the principal needs to rethink.

• Bubba Cow says:

I’ve been involved with an independent school that fired its entire faculty over a student health/safety issue. There is nothing more dangerous than a mother protecting her child. We’ll see how that plays against the interests of both the school and the church. They’ll take it down if they need to.

• Flubber says:

That was the boys greatest sin – that they didn’t abase themselves in the name of diversity…

• spoogels says:

Why wasn’t this kid Sandmann advised NOT to have ANY interviews at all? The leftists TV personalities twist everything and if there is a court case the kids words could be used against him

39. Brian Backes says:

Question: in a case of libel or slander, what happens if it causes threats of bodily harm, bomb threats and other such damage to the persons slandered?

40. Zorro says:

Consequences. Please let there be at least one consequence to at least one Demosocialist.

41. Who is this Barnes lawyer?
    hahahaha………………………..this guy is smart and tough.

42. Firefly says:

Hope Barnes is able to do a very thorough discovery.

43. Mike in a Truck says:

Start with Chief Frozen Cubes the fake combat veteran and work his way up to all these “news” organizations and then the politicians. Sue them all.Bankrupt them all.

44. Vito Romano says:

All Leftist packages are suspicious

45. the5thranchhand says:

Thank the GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the Holy One of Israel, for Attorney Barnes and his mission to sue the slanderous/libelous media, and all others. It really is time to fight fire with fire!
    May Robert Barnes, the Covington Boys, and families, be blessed, and all become very, very wealthy at the expense of those who are slimier than snot.

46. ForGodandCountry says:

Retraction is not good enough.

Barnes should have a written a letter for them to sign and return to him on behalf of his clients, admitting guilt and offering a sincere apology (vs the typical non-apology apology).

Sign this humiliating letter and return in 48 hrs or get named in a lawsuit on Monday that you will both lose AND pay damages plus all legal fees and court costs.

BOOM!

47. jackphatz says:

There is something fundamentally wrong with The psychological makeup of Twitter. I’m coming to the conclusion that the media would not have a platform if not for Twitter. We are not helping either by logging in and *itching back at those *itching at us.

48. convert says:

Yes, there are several journalists/bloggers/celebrities who have sincerely apologized. But a number of people simply deleted their tweets. Huh uh. The tweets went out and were retweeted to potentially millions and were left up for almost 2 days.They must apologize publicly and correcct their lies!

The media must do an expose on this whole affair, how it happened, all the video discrepancies with the “Official” smear account, all of it. I am thrilled that finally someone is fighting back through the courts. God bless these poor kids and their families.

49. andy says:

Chief fans had to find something to beat up after losing to the pat’s

Poor kids.

Sickening that the kids are held to a higher standard than the adults