Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Kevin Hassett appears with Lou Dobbs to discuss the strength of the U.S. economy, the partial government shutdown and the Trump administration’s trade talks with China.

Mr. Hassett, a happy warrior, walks through the recent economic data and jobs report.

This entry was posted in Economy, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, US dept of agriculture, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to CEA Chairman Kevin Hassett Discusses Main Street Economy, China and Government Shutdown…

1. NoFixedAddress says:

Mr. Hassett, a happy warrior!

Ain’t that the truth.

One thing that PDJT surely got right was in his appointments of his Economic and Commerce folk.

And I don’t think the MSM/Dems know how to deal with that.

• angellestaria6674 says:

Yeah, they haaaaaate good news. It just rains on their sour-puss, hateful, bitter, angry mindsets.

BHO once talked about the bitter clingers. HUH??? Who ‘ya kidding, Barry?

Mirror
      Mirror
      In the hall (Congress)
      Who’s the bitterest of them all?

Mirror speaks back:

O come ON! You know the answer to that question. You don’t even need me to tell ‘ya!

LOLOLOLLOLOLOL

2. cyn3wulf says:

I’ll tell you what, seeing Hassett in this good of a mood augurs good things. Whatever might be happening on the stage, Team Trump is getting it done behind the scenes.

3. jeans2nd says:

Kevin Hassett is such a joyful listen. Who can resist such enthusiasm for economics?

Buit, Lou Lou Lou…
    Lou mentioned those U.S. to Mexico remittances , then glossed right over it and never returned. We really need a tax or something on those billions leaving our country, sent to other countries with no repercussions.

$3100 added per year per family. That is a new number that is extraordinary. And thank you Mr Hassett for pointing out Pres Trump’s use of reason and argument at the last G20. Pres Trump’s level of expertise and knowledge is sadly so overlooked.

4. jmuniz1 says:

Great News

5. Grandma Covfefe says:

Winning.
    MAGA

6. Schmitty says:

Ok folks, there’s 10 years of cheap money deleveraging into mid 2020… if there’s going to be crashes it will be because of Bens magic money & sparrow yelled… there’s a aftershock and steroid hang-over underway… this will last for another 14-18 months… markets bottom April – June 2020… my models say 2020 is a Major Low/ Major Buy In point! I think it means Trump wins a 2nd term to be joyfully honest with you. my work is based on market pricing & momentum trends. You can find my stuff on YouTube by brschultz gold wave. I believe Cycles support Trump in 2020.

I also think buying land in Texas might be a genius idea… if Trump gets a 2nd term Texas real estate will sky rocket because the wall will secure the majority of Texas and become ultra safe. Businesses and billionaires will flock there.

In Christ Jesus Alone – brschultz

• Pyrthroes says:

Interesting… based on trend-neutral cyclical analysis, our projections show a 30 – 50% drop in domestic equities, likely bottoming in mid-2020. From a political standpoint, the subsequent rebound would be a major boost to Trump’s campaign (conversely, the final straw –as if any were needed– against Rats’ Booker-Harris ticket [spare us]).

Meantime, in century-long context from 1899, even a five – ten year period of relative stability will hardly be sufficient to wring out Globulist (sic) arbitrageurs’ self-dealing devaluations from 1993.

What makes this pending era truly unpredictable is not only technological advance plus conflicted geopolitical-economic thrusts [Sundance surely has that number], but the seminal adoption of autonomous crypto-currencies rendered immune to State manipulation/surveillance by quantum-correlated Cloud accounts plus “distributed ledger” blockchain data-streams.

7. CA M says:

Wow–only 1% of Apple’s sales coming from China? Did I hear that right? What the heck?!

8. Reloader says:

This is a great site, cherished by those of us who have been reading here for a while. And I hope there is no lack of confidence, no sense of despair or panic or impending defeat over us, by the United States Congress.

How many here actually believe that Donald Trump did not carefully consider and plan how he would act as President of the United States? How many here have heard the rumor that Donald Trump thought and planned, for perhaps as much as THIRTY YEARS, about how to defeat America’s enemies?

How many here, then, actually think that Mr. Trump (when still a private citizen) did not foresee how the COMPLETELY AND TRANSPARENTLY corrupt, stupid, inept, greedy, traitorous … etc members of Congress, the Media, Multinational Corporate leaders and foreign gov’t leaders … WOULD ACT IN RESPONSE to his priorities as President?

For THIRTY YEARS??? And such a cunning man did not foresee, plan and expect how people would react? What they would do?

IMHO, This President is not surprised AT ALL with DemonCrat plans for unending investigations in their maniacal rage to remove him. VSGPDJT has seen LONG AGO what they did last year, he has seen what they are doing this year, and he has seen what they will do next year.

Like an experienced fighter pilot instructor, with kills in WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Desert Storm, to the hot shot new guy, who claims he will “get” the Old Man who can’t see well enough any longer … “I don’t have to see you. I know what you’re gonna do.”

• dustycowpoke says:

What an awesome reminder of the planning and watching our President has done in preparation for this calling. Thank you for this inspiration.

• woodstuff says:

Reloader. I agree.

I might add that President Trump’s wisdom and spiritual insight is provided by our all-powerful Creator.

• BobC says:

So very, very true!

Sitting on my bookshelf (one of many) I have The Art Of The Deal (1987) which is the best-selling business book of all time, and also Crippled America: How To Make America Great Again (2015) which came out as he declared his candidacy. The second book has a fierce-looking DJT staring straight at you. He said that the original pic that was chosen showed him with a happy face. He insisted on the fierce one because he was deeply angry at what had happened to America and wanted to show that. This was his election manifesto. Together, these books show the evolution of the man we know as PDJT.

He opens the chapter: Lucky To Be An American with these words:

“I know how lucky I am. The day I was born I had already won the greatest lottery on Earth. I was born in the United States of America. With that came the amazing opportunities that every American citizen has. The right to become the best possible person you can be. The right to be treated equally with all other Americans. The right to speak freely (and I take that right very seriously). The right to practice the religion of your choice the way you choose. The right achieve as much as your own hard work and talent allow. The right to be secure in your home thanks to the greatest law enforcement agencies, and the privilege of raising your family knowing that you are protected by the men and women of the finest military forces in the world.”

This man has already earned his place in history as a major force for good and the savior of his beloved country.

SIX MORE YEARS!!!!!

• Rock Knutne says:

Reloader ~

^^^^^This^^^^^ x 1000

Very astute observation and analogy.

Thank you.

M🇺🇸A🇺🇸G🇺🇸A

• Dee Paul Deje says:

• cattastrophe says:

President Trump’s financial planning was I agree thought through years in advance but he admitted himself he did not foresee the opposition on all fronts he’s encountered. Remember as a private individual he wasn’t privy to the inner workings or slimy criminality that has infiltrated government at all levels. Neither did he know the media would be totally against him. He like the rest of us has learned what were really up against. The good news is he’s developed plans along the way to handle those problems while going ahead full blast with his monetary policies. He really is incredible.

• Trump Train says:

Agree on all points but……………NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT THE MASSIVE VOTE FRAUD AND BALLOT HARVESTING FROM THE MIDTERMS………………NOT ONE DEEP STATE CRIMINAL HAS BEEN CHARGED AND CONVICTED…………..

9. JohnCarlson says:

Donald J. Trump ✔
    @realDonaldTrump
    With all of the success that our Country is having, including the just released jobs numbers which are off the charts, the Fake News & totally dishonest Media concerning me and my presidency has never been worse. Many have become crazed lunatics who have given up on the TRUTH!…
    114K 5:56 AM – Jan 7, 2019

Donald J. Trump ✔
    @realDonaldTrump
    …The Fake News will knowingly lie and demean in order make the tremendous success of the Trump Administration, and me, look as bad as possible. They use non-existent sources & write stories that are total fiction. Our Country is doing so well, yet this is a sad day in America!
    79.5K 6:09 AM – Jan 7, 2019

10. jebg46 says:

We are winning in spite of the deep state corrupted swamp. In the scheme of things our economic survival is way more important than the seditious swamp critters because PDJT and his wolverines are changing the entire world. His team rocks with exhilarating happiness.

11. CMDCMRET says:

That cats one bubbly Patriot. I can dig it. 😝

12. Resistwemuch says:

Here is the problem. All manufactured goods from China declare their profit in International waters. 2%Cayman Islands. And it’s legal. The US taxes American manufacturers on their profit. Chinese keep the taxes.

13. Guy-Blanc Déploré says:

This interview was so fun to watch earlier on Dobbs.
    Great news, delivered by a guy so happy about it he almost giggled on camera.
    A much needed and welcomed mood boost to start my evening. 😀

14. wodiej says:

God bless you, President Trump. Working with no pay during his golden years and doing a fine job. I am self-employed and winter months are financially difficult. I actually was able to get a part time job for this winter but now I have found due to Trump’s economic policy, I don’t really need it. I am doing better than I ever have-I mean EVER!

15. Paul says:

The President does a great job of keeping the contrast between what is good for Americans and what is not good out front and unavoidable. More and more people will wake up to the deception of the uniparty by the stark contrast between reality on main street and the lies from the media and congress. Have no fear of steep sell offs as they are very temporary do not affect wise people who manage their holdings with wisdom.

• Disgusted says:

For ME, Kevin is my miniMick. Another Mick Mulvaney coming along the pipeline! Kinda even looks a bit like him. I love my “maturing white men”. They have built this country and preserved it for all.

16. I just LOVE Hassett! He makes the complex understandable and economics fun!
    I recall when President Reagan said “I think it’s time to repeal the corporate tax” and the media went absolutely ape excrement. Can you imagine if corporations (including your side-gig llc) didn’t have to file an 1120 or 1120s???? Imagine the economic explosion of productivity and creativity! I believe we could become the world’s example of “how it’s done” and the crumbs from our table alone would make the entire world a richer place. Of course this is Anti-Marxist thought and even some sane Americans would reflexively (out of envy) dismiss this idea. I can hear the bellyaching now “Oooo youuuu mean Exon and Monsanto wouldn’t be punished for profitability? Oh the humanity!!!” Such brain dead socialist conditioning would entirely miss the point that any American could form an entity (most can on line these days at their Secretary Of State’s website) and earn tax free income in it. Yep- the sluggards would revolt right after they packed a bowl. “If at first you don’t succeed pack a bowl and smoke some weed”

17. GB Bari says:

Hassett is so enthusiastic and positive I think he even makes Lou Dobbs appear a bit unsure how to respond. And that takes some doing.

18. TradeBait says:

KH is the man on economics. Lou needs to ask the questions and just listen to the answers. When he starts preaching, it’s time to change channels at my house. A well crafted question with a facial expression response will get our attention better than him ruining the interview by doing all the talking. I want to listen to every word Kevin has to say, he’s that interesting and informative.

• Nancy Steger says:

I’ve given up on Dobbs for the same reason. Just as an interesting guest, with expertise in the topic at hand, was about to make an important point, Dobbs would interrupt as if he wasn’t following the thread of the guest’s remarks. Very often his interruptions were little more than threadbare conventional wisdom. He managed to make good guests into boring interviews. He should take lessons from Mark Levin, who knows how to listen respectfully and interject questions infrequently and appropriately.

19. Mike in a Truck says:

Now this is the “New Normal”. And it can only get better. No magic wand needed.

20. Mike in a Truck says:

Now this is the “New Normal”. And it can only get better. No magic wand needed.