President Trump Receives Briefing From California Wildfire Response Officials….

Boy, is this video ever interesting.  In the first several minutes of the video (briefing) Governor Brown and Governor-elect Newsom are absent.  Likely both are receiving massive inbound communication from their political teams and national democrats who are watching every granular moment/optic for political damage and giving advice.

After Brown and Newsom finally show up, their lack of actual connection to the crisis being explained in front of them is jaw-dropping. Watch their body language, they are oblivious to the actual issues at hand and have no questions for the SME’s. Stunning.  Absolutely stunning.

As a comparative mental exercise in competence.  Compare two states, of similar size, similar populations, amid similar crises.

Contrast Governor Brown in these moments against Florida Governor Rick Scott following the hurricanes.  Brown appears detached, lost, and incapable (perhaps unwilling) to understand the details of the challenge (past and present); whereas Florida Governor Rick Scott was/is entirely engaged, entirely absorbed in the details of rescue and recovery, and entirely understanding of the challenges in each event.

What a contrast.

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Dem Hypocrisy, Election 2018, Fire Crime, media bias, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Rescue Missions, Uncategorized, Weather Events. Bookmark the permalink.

505 Responses to President Trump Receives Briefing From California Wildfire Response Officials….

1. Tad says:

A Democrat that’s oblivious to the facts? Imagine that.

• Mamet Principle at its best.

• Publius2016 says:

I think its the optics of No Blacks/Latinos in positions of authority…the Dimms talk a BIG GAME but they put in power Legacy Candidates who are multimillionaires Public Servants!

• Ackman420 says:

Can’t help but notice that room is crawling with white patriarchy /s

• Publius2016 says:

Dimms are complaining while everyone else believes in the Red White and Blue!

• John says:

This is the conservative portion of California, that no one ever hears about. (except for these disasters).
          Our black population is somewhat “thin.” It appears that the majority of blacks prefer larger cities. Outside of standard services and basic government, the primary industry is agriculture. And agriculture in this area is predominantly orchards and rice (South of Oroville Dam.). We do have a significant Hispanic population, which are slowly penetrating into the “positions of authority.” Most of the farms and ranches have been passed down through families who have been here for generations. (Therefore predominantly white). Down In the Yuba City region,(30 miles south) a significant amount of land was purchased by the Punjabi from India. They are now in their second generation and own many of the farms. We also have a concentration of Hmong living south of Paradise, since the Vietnam era. But they keep very much to themselves, and are usually out of sight.

• Ackman420 says:

Thanks, John. It’s important to remember that CA isn’t all diversity and Marxism. I love Butte and the northern counties, Regularly visit the real NorCal monthly. Lots of good farmers and family businesses.

2. Redhotsnowman says:

California deserves better. I know you get the government you vote for. But as a Californian, I am sad and disgusted at what we have here.

• Litlbit2 says:

Will pray for the people of CA but the path and the leadership currently shown by the people elected to govern your state, you do not have much time left.

Once the folks realize that sending truckloads of taxpayer dollars to a state of irrational and incompetent, bankrupt leadership with no improvement taking place you all won’t be able to flush your toilets or rent ori’s in the very near future.

Time to severely reduce the benefit packages of all elected officials.

• Redhotsnowman says:

My local congresswoman is Norma Torres of Guatemala. Ive seen her on the floor of the congress speaking one time and I was extremely unimpressed. Childlike almost. How?! Do we elect such incompetence?

• No one deserves the government of California. Dang fools in Sacramento, especially from the Bay Area. Not a brain cell working to solve any problem.

• Andy Miller says:

Brown looks like he’s constipated. He looks very uncomfortable that he has to be in the same room as Trump and be well behaved, after hurling insult bombs for the last two years. Same with Newsom. He looks like he’s behaving but being purposefully distant so his base can’t accuse hm of working with the enemy. UFB how disgusting the hateful Dems are…

• Ken Lawson says:

I am a 3rd generation Californian that left years ago when I saw the handwriting on the wall about what was happening. I used to think Californians deserved better (and in some ways I still do), but then I came to the conclusion that those who are conservative in California I do feel badly for if there’s no way they can leave. But I have no compassion for those on the left who are there. The conservatives are too outnumbered to have any say in what goes on in the long term. The left has too strong a hold on the state to give any good ideas a chance. What I’ve found for myself and so many others I’ve known who left is that even though we thought we couldn’t leave for various reasons (job, property or businesses we owned, etc), once we got moved and settled we realized we’d come out WAY ahead financially by leaving. My advice to anyone who’s still there is to leave. It’s not going to change any time within our lifetimes. Better to move and get a fresh start and build a future for your family. There are lots of great and beautiful places in this country. California doesn’t have a lock on anything, contrary to what so many who live there think. Leave and get a better life. You’ll find a lot of wonderful people waiting to welcome you elsewhere.

And by the way, I am not saying that anyone in California, regardless of politics, deserves this mess with the fires. They need all the help the rest of us can give them.

• Aeyrie says:

I currently live in deeply red Orange County. We in the OC didn’t vote for Burn It Down Brown! San Diego, my home town, now has a “migrant” invasion at its front door. I am so upset and angry about what is happening here that I dare not put in print what I really think of what is happening in my formerly beautiful and beloved state. I hope President Trump can help us get this mess sorted out before California has been totally destroyed. Fingers crossed and praying.

• fabrabbit says:

Aeyrie, leaving Cal next year. I’m thinking about polite, rationale ways to describe why I’m leaving to my neighbors & acquaintances. Right now I’m just too angry especially after the Camp Fire north of me. I’ll start by saying a one party state isn’t healthy…

• cthulhu says:

Born in the People’s Republic of Santa Monica, raised in the LA ‘burbs, most of my professional career in Silicon Valley…..I’m very native Californian. Next year, I’ll be a resident of North Carolina.

• Newton Love says:

> “… you get the government you vote for. But as a Californian, I am sad and disgusted at what we have here.”

As in George Orwell’s Animal Farm, the pigs take over because the other animals can’t stand what the pigs do, and leave. Soon, only the pigs attend leadership meetings.

I left Laficornia in 1996. I found a wonderful life away from the Pigs that are running California. Good luck rescuing your ultra liberal 1 party state (with a (D) statehouse super-majority).

3. Bullseye says:

Both those dweebs looked and acted stoned IMHO

4. Deplorable_Infidel says:

“After Brown and Newsome finally show up, their lack of actual connection to the crisis being explained in front of them is jaw-dropping.”

I hereby nominate Governor Brown to have his picture placed in the dictionary as an example for the word “clueless”. Do I have someone to second the motion?

5. Carrie says:

Honestly, Brown looks mentally/physically feeble and Newsome is very much into his “image” and has a short attention span. It’s a very odd dynamic, indeed!

• Warrior says:

He is senile

• topavalley says:

I agree with you on Newsome. His main concern seemed to be whether he should put his hands in his front pockets or his back pockets. Very distracting.
      Every video!

• dginga says:

Narcissists are like that. I suspect Newsome is more concerned about what he looks like on camera than what’s actually going on. Besides, Brown has had YEARS to do something about the abysmal forest management in that state – years in which they have had major forest fires every single year – and he has done nothing. I suspect, pandering to the very powerful environmental lobby in Cali, Newsome will not do anything either. In the meantime forests will burn and people will die but those precious snail darters will be… oh never mind. They won’t be safe either. They will have burned in the fire.

• Andy Miller says:

Brown is behaving so POTUS won’t call him out in front of the world for vetoing a bipartisan bill that was UNANIMOUSLY passed in the CA legislature to engage in preventative measure for forest fires, which included cutting down 139m dead trees on 8m acres. Yes, you read that right…it passed unanimously in 2016 and Brown vetoed it.

• The Boss says:

No veto override in CA? Seems odd.

• Newton Love says:

> “Brown … [vetoed] a bipartisan bill that was UNANIMOUSLY passed in the CA legislature to engage in preventative measure for forest fires …”

Later in this great blog post, I commented on how Laficornia (I grew up there, but left when I was 35) does not tend their forests, removing dry brush and dead trees, because the Eco-idiots believe that a forest should be pristine (no human involvement). In Nevada, they tend their forests and land like a gardener cares for the garden.

Do a web search (but not on google) on “Tahoe fires” and read how Laficornia lost a lot of acreage, but the fires burned out barely into Nevada, because the fires had no kindling and dead wood to create a huge fire to overcome the greenery, like the fire had in Laficornia.

Every year, Laficornia has fires. This year may finally wake up everyone but the (D) leadership in Laficornia.

Oh, and then Laficornia has annual mudslides that get the Malibu Hills houses to surf on down to the beach.ast year, Big Sur had a similar event.

• WSB says:

Governor Brown looked like a ghost.

6. Everywhereguy says:

About Brown: living in an ideological bubble of political rhetoric your whole life can make an encounter with an example of actual objective reality tough to handle.

7. 4EDouglas says:

I’ve worked California fires-back in the 90’s what has happened is the apparent decline in real preparedness due to the greens desire to kill people over saving them.
    Anthony Watts nows what he is doing.. His Quote:
    “Note: While I’m officially “on hiatus” awhile, I wrote this story while suffering from insomnia, due to the stress that the #CampFire has caused me, and my employees that lost their homes. I felt I had to tell this story, because I had remarked to the general manager of KPAY radio (where I do weather reports) on the morning of November 8th, that “if they don’t get the Skyway opened up to 4 lanes, people are going to be burned alive in their cars”. This issue was firmly on my mind then. Unfortunately, that is exactly what happened. – Anthony”
    He will live with that for the rest of his life..Good man and he needs prayer..

• 4EDouglas says:

This has bee placed on another thread but it is important to understand this human caused tragedy..

• Ristvan says:

AW is a hero. He handed control of his famous blog WUWT to Charles the Moderator. I am helping Charles ( a newish neighbor in South South Florida and a fellow reef dive enthiast) to help AW out during his Camp Fire induced hiatus, while helping CtM upping the overall scientific quality of the blog.

• annieoakley says:

Thank you, Ristvan. AW has been a hero of mine for many years now.

• bessie2003 says:

Thank you Ristvan; seconding what annieoakley said!

• pyromancer76 says:

Thank you, Ristvan. I have been a reader of WUWT for many years. I am grateful to Anthony for all he has done for real climate science. I stopped commenting some years ago due to the decline in quality, imo. I still have respect, however. Anything you and CtM can do to enhance the scientific quality is great. Americans doing what Americans do best. Your comments here are always enjoyable and informative.

• cthulhu says:

Wow. Not only are your own comments very well-put and thoughtful, you seem well-connected among people I admire. My best regards to you, CtM, and AW.

• Ordinaryman says:

As a former elected city official (Florida) I hope the officials of Paradise pay a torrid mental price for the decisions they made; I’m sure with recommendations by staff attorneys for not using common sense (lacking in California) when they decided to create parking for in town business. Yes BAD forest management was the number one problem but city officials are responsible for Planning and Development. Land development attorneys who give you campaign contributions and have lots of parties you are invited to are not the best advice providers. Those of you that read this and have a public elected responsibility I hope will thing twice about your decisions that may result in the death of way to many people.

8. Ono says:

Govenor Brown is all consumed with his Boondoggel projects…

Bullet train from Fresno to Madera , his water pipeline under the San Francisco Bays… %% gal water use per person per day, catch and release criminals (illegals) without bail…

Sadly Newsom will be far worse. He is the guy responsible for the declining state of condition that is happening in San Francisco today.

Get rid of voter fraud (out of state students voting at home and in Ca) as well as the illegals and Ca goes back to Regan red again.

• Ono says:

opps 55gal water use per person

• oncefired says:

Unfortunately nothing will change, we know they are redirecting Federal Funds for forest cleaning to prop up their bankrupt government. Even adding money to the Farm Bill, if there are not iron clad strings attached, they will not manage the vast forests they have. The biggest problem is nature will clean out those forests and all we can do is pray it won’t clean out those that have built close to them!

• WSB says:

I am just watching the presser at the fire in Malibu on Fox, delayed By my remote.

The President asked Moonbeam if he would like to say something. He garbled out something, said they would need to apply what they learned, but then said, ” But I won’t have to do that. Gavin will have to do that.”

Newsom responded, “Thanks for passing the baton.”

3&.!:!;$/&skenfn£{£~!~€{£]!.sme

9. Paco Loco says:

Gavin Newsom ….”strike a pose” . Perfect hair, no brains.

10. hoghead says:

Dear Lord. brown has the look of a man who realizes that he is responsible for this, and the reality of it is all flooding in on him.

Gonna sleep well tonight, guvnuh?

• hoghead says:

Look at brown; he isn’t clueless at all. He is numb as real life and death results are spread out for all to see. He looks like he is in shock.

• Truthfilter says:

This was my impression as well. He wouldn’t even look up, much less AT anyone.

• PatriotKate says:

I agree. The look of guilt on Brown’s face is what struck me when I watched the video. He might be senile, but that look is guilt.

• Suzanne says:

IMHO he is an ideologue through and through ergo he is incapable of feeling guilt… he’s just there running the numbers through his head with regard to his potential personal losses if/when he gets sued into the next millennium

• cthulhu says:

Jerry Brown was a Jesuit before he became a politician. He is nearing the end of politics, and may well revert to being a Jesuit. How he reconciles the blood on his hands and his guilt for so much evil and crime during his political career with The Lord is going to be quite a project.

• Cat Lady says:

Was this AFTER they spent 4 hours with Trump in AF1 (a SCIF) as described in the other comment on this post?? If so, are they now “made men”?? Did he bring them up to speed on a few things??

(Note: if I am using that term incorrectly please let me know!)

• Newton Love says:

Read the post above:
      Andy Miller says:
      November 17, 2018 at 6:34 pm
      where Andy explains a unanimous bill from the current Laficornia legislature to get rid of the fire hazards, and Brown vetoed it.

11. MAGA Enthusiast says:

Moonbeam and Newsom look completely clueless, while Trump is actively engaged. Things like this make me feel bad for the conservatives who live in California. I left Minnesota because I was sick of the leftist nutjobs, but California takes things to a completely different level.

12. Concerned Virginian says:

DEAR GOD.
    Brown and Newsom appear at 1:43 in the video. Brown looks strung out. Newsom looks like somebody auditioning for a suit ad. POTUS does not greet either of them, good.
    BOTH of them both look like Hollywood extras.
    Brown KNOWS he’s at fault for these horrific fires in part due to HIS disallowing of much-needed underbrush clearing, HIS “championing” of environmental protection legislation at the cost of PROPERTY protection legislation. He is CLEARLY uncomfortable being in the room with POTUS.
    Meanwhile—POTUS is running this briefing like a BOSS.

• starfcker says:

I’m going to be a lot more charitable to Brown and Newsom. They look fried. They’ve been living this for 10 days. They probably haven’t slept much in those 10 days. And the Stark realization of how bad this is gotten has got to be devastating. They’re humans. They feel this. I’m not a fan of either one. But I’m not part of the pile on when people have to deal with difficult stuff. Good to see Kevin McCarthy looking alive and engaged, maybe there’s hope for him yet

• Concerned Virginian says:

Thank you but I don’t know about that. I used to live in San Francisco. Both Brown and Newsom have been using fried brains for quite awhile in my reckoning.

• Carrie says:

I think that is a very kind analysis from you Star. I can image Brown is a bit feeble and overwhelmed (possibly with guilt), but Newsom genuinely looked relaxed and very “image” conscious and incredibly vain with his body gestures.

• Litlbit2 says:

Maybe but did not hear the concerns with the CEO when the oil tanker in Alaska ran aground. Furthermore do not remember the prayers and support given to the CEO when the oil disaster happened in the Gulf!

You make choices when you have personally helped to extinguish this many human lives and livelihoods, the aftermath is also yours. Sorry Moonbeam you have many partners in this tradgety. Not all are politicians! Environmentalist, MSM, talk show host, all were part of building what you actual built.

Think!

• Paul Vincent Zecchino says:

They’re not fried. They’re impassive, playing it cool, close to the vest.

Their anti-life, anti-private property, pro-deathy, pro-Nimrodian ‘back to compact urban areas for the serfs’ trick worked: They created conditions favorable to fires and they succeed beyond their wildest expectation.

They might as well have ordered school officials to leave open pails of gasoline all over the school building, then told them smoking was OK, in order to justify the expense of building a new school.

This is what commie rat demsheviks do.

• kayak-cats says:

Star: agreed, no piling on. I actually appreciated the LEO cutting in front of Brown and taking over so as not to make him look bad. LEOs work under real live pressure daily.

• madeline says:

I wonder of Scott was tired during the Hurricane? He still managed to get things done, pronto.

• Jackie Joy says:

I am as disgusted as everyone else by the total lack of reason in California. We are supposed to be “stewards of the earth”, according to God. What these fools are doing is not proper “stewardship”.

That said, we have to pray for these two men, that they wake up from their self-important foolishness, and repent- particularly Brown. He looks like he knows he is in very big trouble, and might be held accountable for all the destruction and death. I wonder if he could go to jail for his mismanagement and negligence?

So, keep praying for an awakening, some humility, and a return to God, and respect for our natural law.

• thesavvyinvester says:

Then why didn’t they learn from the Gov of Louisiana who refused to declare an emergency because how would that look if a Female Dem Gov did that w/ GWB ( Washington Post is my source ) and we ended up with Katrina mess and GWB begged her for two days to declare and emergency. Where was Brown 9 days ago asking for it, or did I miss it?

• Suzanne says:

because they are too convinced of their own superiority to EVER learn anything from someone else much less someone who they might think is beneath them

• Disgusted says:

Have you noticed President Trump Never zones out as most of us seniors usually do when in these group situations happen? He will always always nod at exact right time! Showing at least me he listens and comprehends all information. Brown here trying to appear interested but not getting anything. I have only heard President during many impromptu press events with helicopter engine droning right behind him ever need to ask “Say again” and then gets it on second repeat. This is super human in 70’s, I know!

• starfcker says:

Believe me, I’m not a fan of either one. Plenty of time to cast blame and dispersion on people later. Right now, the fires are still burning. This is been an extraordinary tough situation. Nobody would be looking good if they with the one tasked with dealing with this

• kayak-cats says:

Disgusted:. Democrats can’t handle anything REAL… only fake and contrived. But when they see real…they go into shock

13. Record Times says:

What a contrast! You look at the AP coverage on AOL and Yahoo and they try to make Trump look like he is the one out of sorts. In reality, he has been dead on right about his criticism of the Feds and the State regarding their blind adherence to the forest management policies of the left and the environmentalists. I have lived in a national forest for 50 years and I have first hand experience as to how badly these policies have endangered both the residents and the resources. They refuse to use the lessons that foresters learned over many years so that they can be politically correct in their management policies with the left. Both Jerry and Gavin have no clue as to what their policies have wrought on this state because they genetically cannot process the facts!

• Bendix says:

IMO, he should be out of sorts at the massive loss of life, which plenty of knowledgeable people are telling him could have been prevented.

14. mikeyboo says:

“What me worry?” Gavin Newsome and Jerry Brown imitate Alfred E Newman

• Concerned Virginian says:

You betcha. Newsom’s tenure as Mayor of San Francisco was awful and helped set the stage for the real mess the city is in today. I used to live there. Will never go back even to visit. I believe the only things propping up the place are the ridiculously high real estate prices, the tourist/convention trades, and maybe some of the financial entities in the “Financial District” and its nearby areas.

• Katie says:

I swear when I read your comment, you wrote “…the only things pooping up the place…” and then I realized, it’s SF so that works, too.

Sad.

• Sherri Young says:

Four years ago, I had a 4-hr long telephone conversation with a man who used to live in SF and worked for either the city or county. He loved DiFi. Referred to her as a “sweet girl”. He thought the land use regulations were brilliant because they created artificial scarcity in the residential housing market. Almost no one could build so the prices — and taxable base — were squeezed massively higher.

That is the Dimm version of wealth creation through productivity and innovation.

• yucki says:

Our convention no longer meets there.
        Unsanitary conditions.

15. In the video where they are checking out the damage outside…Brown looked like the ever shrinking governor. He seems like he would have rather been anywhere else than in front of the camera with President Trump.

16. Edmund Brown Jr. Looks like he just got a spanking from Dad. Because he did. And he’s hating it but what can he do? His lifelong policies and regulations are responsible for billions of dollars in lost property and more importantly hundreds of not thousands of lives lost in a most horrific manner.

• Kalbo says:

Dopey moonbeam acknowledged many things to learn from. And knew better than to invoke the fraudulent “climate change” crap he spouted a few days ago at a news conference.

moonbeam and gavin apathetic at best. So glad to no longer live in kalifornistan.

• thedoc00 says:

That would have been an interesting public spanking had he pulled the global warming card only to be rebutted by the president with facts.

• I believe I read on an early Sundance article (it may have been in the comments) that California instituted a tax to specifically address forest clean-up/fire control. I believe the article said they took in around 1 Billion dollars last year, but only spent 30 Million dollars on the intended purpose and the rest went to Moonbeam’s boondoggles.
        He and the government of California should be charged with manslaughter and opened up to personal lawsuits.

• Bendix says:

That reminds me of New Orleans and Katrina. The neglect of the levee(s?) was what caused the flooding, not the hurricane itself.

• Suzanne says:

the mess that was Katrina was exacerbated by the demwit mayor… I think his name was Nagan. I lived on Hilton Head for 20 years and in FL for 5 and you learn very quickly to pay very close attention to these storms. The stupid mayor waited till Katrina was knocking on the door before he ordered an evacuation of the city… he should have done it 2-3 days earlier

• Newton Love says:

Gov Moonbeam vetoed it, even though it passed unanimous in both houses.

17. 4EDouglas says:

Here is ‘Wildfire Today ” a pro climate change green oriented firefighting site.
    they think PDJT is an idiot and does not understand firefighting…
    They are wrong..

• feralcatsblog says:

“BTW if you go there to comment. you will find if you aren’t on the same page or offer rebuttal. You are gone.. I am..”

And it’s not just there, it can happen even closer, and even where you might not think it would. This is most definitely not the Age of Voltaire.

• andrew1979 says:

so therer are even pro “green climate friendly” firefighting organizations? unbelievable.

18. feralcatsblog says:

“After Brown and Newsome finally show up, their lack of actual connection [aka, empathy] to the crisis being explained in front of them is jaw-dropping.”

Textbook sociopaths.

19. tvollrath66 says:

I live here in florida. People can talk about rick scott for his interviews because he stutters, but he is at his best in disasters.
    The only thing i have a problem with him is how he came out in a statement against the president about the death totals in Puerto Rico. Because of that i would have voted against him in the primary if a strong maga candidate had been running for Senate.

20. Truthfilter says:

I wanted to reach into the video and slap Pretty Boy Newsome’s face into reality. He smirked a couple of times, couldn’t wait to trot out of there and had nothing to say to any of those officials. He acted uninterested, unconcerned, etc.

21. jahealy says:

I think many here are attributing normal emotions and thought processes to at least Moonbeam, and perhaps Mr. GQ as well. I think it’s smarter to simply assume they feel no remorse, are annoyed at having to play bowling for dollars with OrangeManBad, and reverted right back to form the very second the visit was over.

They did not change, will not change, and neither will California. The people of Cali jumped from frying pan Brown right into the fire w/Newsome. If we’ve learned anything in the last couple of weeks, it’s that Dems have no conscience and no moral compass. It is who they are.

• Disgusted says:

Perfect comment. Thanks. Many of us here live across country and have very little knowledge of local California politicians. Of course most do know about Brown and/ or Pelosi, but I never read or heard anything about the young guy Newsome before this election. Now that I have been introduced to him here I will never forget in future. (Hopefully he won’t be in the future’s news, but I’ll still be here reading it!)

• oldschool says:

Totally agree JA. Hubby often reminds me that I can never think like a criminal or someone truly evil. They have no moral conscience and are incapable of guilt. We transfer our emotions. They are hollow souls in empty vessels. They are disengaged because they have no idea how to act without a provided script. Sorry Mr President, they haven’t “seen the light”. They live in darkness.

Has any of our leaders felt remorse or reponsibilty for the deaths and carnage the illegals perpetrate on our innocent citizens? Proof of evil, dark people

If voters cannot identify strong, moral leaders, they too will repeatedly make stupid choices.

• Of course, that’s why Dems support abortion up until birth. They prefer to save trees and animals to people. No conscience and no moral compass. Spot on Jahealy!

22. Red says:

I watched the video and the read Sundance’s write up. I agree it is absolutely stunning the disconnect with these two idiots. Brown must have fried his brain on drugs or something. He looks like Nasfuratoo (spelling) the Dracula in the scariest Dracula movie I’ve ever seen. That Newsome comes across as an arrogant, clueless, pretty boy jerk! What’s his deal with his hands in his back pockets like a jr high / high school punk? And the video said Trump….not President Trump, just Trump….my heart goes out to the people but California needs to tighten up!

• wendy forward says:

Ha ha-Nosferaut!!!!!!!- The classic silent with Max Shreck (German for “fright”) and the Werner Herzog remake with Klaus Kinski-both excellent and scary as hell.

I went to a showing of the old “Nosferatu” at the silent movie theater in L.A. on Halloween. When I came out of the theater a guy done up TOTALLY like Nos in the movie was standing behind a lamp post just staring-I jumped five feet!

• Red says:

Lol….the one that scared the crap out of me wasn’t the silent movie. I guess this one came out in the 80’s or so….Dracula was bald headed….I swear the only thing missing from Brown was the cape and the 2 front rabbit teeth.

• Aeyrie says:

FYI – sp is Nosferatu. Agreed on Brown and Newsom. I’m one of the people, so thanks for your dear heart!

23. Gil says:

Brown was absent the first couple days. Then when he shows up with Zinke, says its not going to get better and this is normal. Elitist, kook, anti American. And Newsom is rich, elitist, and just wants the title. He was dressed in very expensive clothes and probably hasnt ever had hard physical labor.
    And CA have a super majority once again.

• Gil says:

Ca dems have state supermajority….

• Litlbit2 says:

Bout time they group up and start digging graves for the victims that put up with their incompetence.

Sorry gang little angered as I connect this to the midterm voter fraud, for the status quo!

• dbobway says:

How can you not be angry.

“Trust us, global Warming caused this horrible event,
          Just bury the fools that believed us.”

• Red says:

I agree Litlbit2 and I’ll also add that I am damn tired of sending federal money to a leftist sanctuary cesspool. California is/was a beautiful state, but it is a complete nightmare now. You couldn’t pay me to go there and that is really sad. I traveled there a number of times years ago on business trips when I was still working. I always wanted to go back, actually we have crossed the whole west coast off our travel list…so sad, I’d love to drive the coastline from Washington to southern California but no way!

• Litlbit2 says:

Agree Red, did the coastal drive a few years ago no desire to return. Probably good to be from CA. All while knowing insurance rates will go up for as these disasters must be paid for and everyone loves using OPM.

• cthulhu says:

If you go to a Lowe’s or Home Depot in Tennessee, it is startling to note that there are “Not For Sale in California” signs all around you…..and once you notice them, you realize that it might be 10% of the items in the store.

Anything with a gasoline engine; half the stuff in the paint department; anything that involves glue or adhesives; a bunch of the stuff in plumbing that isn’t water-saving enough; pest control in lawn & garden……like said, once you see it, you start seeing it everywhere.

I’m sure that each banned item is considered a “win” for some clueless environmentalist. Mind you, that’s going to mean that cars will be shipped from LA to Las Vegas to get repainted and shipped back…..did the transport or the paint process emit more unsavory chemicals???

24. Sandra-VA says:

You can tell that the LEO people much prefer talking with President Trump. I caught a few smiles and nods in the background…

I feel so bad for those people in Paradise.

25. billrla says:

I spent this morning in the Angeles National Forest, just north of LA. Within a 10-minute drive of massive urban/suburban sprawl, there is rugged, mountainous wildnerness, at altitude. Some fairly new communities are built-up right to the burning-edge of brush-covered mountains. On my drive, I passed a burn area–blackened, de-nuded hillsides, burned-out wood-anchored roadside barriers (the twisted metal railings remain). Clearly, flames had jumped the road.

These massive brush and forest fires, whether naturally caused, or caused by man, are a fact of the real world in California. Our CA politicans only care about boosting votes and tightening the Democrat strong-hold on this still largelyl wild and beautiful state.

26. hatterasgal says:

Dear God in heaven, I pray for the souls lost in this tragedy.
    I pray for all of the firefighters, first responders, law enforcement and all those in harms way.
    I pray for our President, our citizens and our beautiful country.
    Amen

27. tunis says:

California has been trending Democrat for close to two decades. The Dems have a two-third majority in the legislature. Even Orange County in SoCal a traditional Republican stronghold returned Dems this mid-term. With huge populations in the LA metropolis and the SF Bay area who are very liberal in their attitudes they dominate any statewide races. It is going to take a long period before the pendulum swings again.to the GOP. One reason why the GOP have been decimated is that they moved away from fiscal conservatism and started running socially conservative candidates in a state where the majority of the population don’t care about issues like abortion & prayer.

The GOP in California needs to reinvent themselves to start winning elections.

• Tunis agreed! The GOP has lost their way! They are not Constitutional conservatives. They have become globalist moderates trying to compete with the Democrats. While we, the Constitutional conservatives, have been loosed in the wilderness and are crying out for representation.

I bewail the election of Kevin McCarthy to House Minority Leader. I wanted Jim Jordan, a true conservative. Kevin McCarthy is Paul Ryan II. I need to be convinced otherwise. Actions will tell.

The GOP has left us like the Democrats have been co-opted by the communists. Get with your local GOP organization and make a difference. We cannot sit this out. It’s time to get involved at the lowest levels. That’s where it begins. We cannot fail, the alternative is unacceptable.

WE need to help drain the swamp! Trump cannot do it without our help.

• Mike says:

It’s over. When 70% of the legislators are Dems there is no hope. When republicans won’t put up a candidates in races it done, stick fork in it…it’s over.

28. thedoc00 says:

There is an old joke that fits these CA Politians, called mind over matter. “I don’t mind and you don’t matter”, kind of sums their opinions of the tragedy.

29. L4grasshopper says:

Part of what “the Resistance” is all about.

The Left refuses to give this President ANY opportunity to be seen in a positive light for anything — even in the role of “Handholder in Chief” related to natural disasters.

Contrast this with how Gov Christie behaved with Obama after Hurricane Sandy 🙂

It’s all about taking Trump down. Full stop.

30. Guyski says:

…and people talk about President Trump’s lack of empathy! Newsom has no empathy for these people, not his crowd.

How eight elite San Francisco families funded Gavin Newsom’s political ascent

31. Redheart says:

Anyone recall, did Obama ever wear a USA hat

32. Sandra-VA says:

Darklicht (sorry, cannnot remember the numbers on the userid) posted this video in the other thread and it is so heartbreaking:

• covfefe999 says:

Wow, about halfway through he talks about a woman who was evacuating but she had to put her makeup on first. And he said “she died because of that”. I was watching a video of some dumb rapper in a mega mansion in Calabasas who was making a big joke of putting belongings in big plastic bins and then sending them down the curved staircase. (I’m sure the owner of the house doesn’t appreciate that.) But when he saw fire in his backyard that’s when reality set in. I have learned from this, if I am ever in an area where there is fire I will get out immediately, I will not put makeup on or pack things or do anything else. I don’t have pets, if i did I’d grab them first, then go.

• Sandra-VA says:

What is truly amazing, in that heartbreaking video, is that the vehicle he is driving – he left it there on the road with his dogs inside as the fire whipped around him. He ran. He comes back and not only does his vehicle still work, his dogs made it through…

Just stunningly real to see those burned out cars with the people still inside… and they are people he knew.

This video will stick with me for a long time. I did get some dust in my eye as I watched.. but also felt absolute raging anger. IMO, these people were murdered!

Shameful for this to happen in the most advanced Country in the World.

• Litlbit2 says:

Agree that 999 and am sure if there could be a replay their thoughts would be different.

• WSB says:

If you smell hot smoke, get out.

• John Bosley says:

This truly is heartbreaking.
      Man the heat from that fire is unbelievable.
      People and pets cremated in their cars.
      I cannot fathom being trapped like that with no way out.
      That man is one lucky, lucky, sob.
      May God bless their souls.

• Doreen Scott says:

After watching that video I don’t know why the people in California have not taken moonbeam and hung him up by his heels and beaten him to death by now.

33. joeknuckles says:

Paradise was populated mostly by older white people, the ones liberals say “just need to die”.

34. yadent says:

In California it is politics/ideology over the individual citizen. The state has stripped the ‘right to life’ for a vast majority of it’s residents. Your ‘right’ has been reduced to a ‘glorified privilege’. Which is why Brown and Newsom react in such a manner re: this incident. The deaths of this particular group of CA citizens, at the moment, cannot be used for political purposes hence it is of little importance to the powers that be. The individual or particular groups of individuals are EXPENDABLE when nothing of political gain can be achieved in the state. As a 25 year CA state employee, it is the mindset of the current leadership……sorry. That is the way it is.

35. I wonder if president Trump & Ryan Zinke,, took him (Brown-Moonbeam) out back door into the Woodshed.. 😉

36. Rhi says:

Body language by Brown looks like guilty conscience to me. Maybe he still has a sliver that’s not severed.

37. jane harris says:

I am a third generation Californian living in Sonoma county for the past 45 years, born and raised in Marin County….
    What irritates me right now is the local news channels sensationalizing the “air quality “….not giving a damn about the hundreds of people who have lost their lives in Paradise.
    Gavin Newsome is clearly one of the most ambitious politicians I’ve ever seen in California politics…..and does not have the best moral character .
    I guess the California electorate gets what they deserve….God help us.

• Concerned Virginian says:

Completely agree with Gavin Newsome being ambitious. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Democrats aren’t already “grooming” him for a 2024 Presidential run.

• jane harris says:

No doubt about it…Gavin Newsome wants to President…and is on the Democratic projectory to be a candidate….

• olderwiser21 says:

Concerned, I am sure they are. To them, Nuisance is the complete package. He and Burrito will be picked as Pres and VP. You just wait. Hopefully, I will be dead by then. Someone will have to phone me in heaven and let me know.

38. alliwantissometruth says:

The inner workings of Gov Brown’s mind…

Why am I here?
    What’s for lunch?
    Maybe I can tax more things because of this
    Have any illegal aliens been affected by this?
    Will this hinder the flow of illegal aliens into the State?
    We’ll need to establish an illegal alien recovery center
    Why are we wasting time and money on white taxpayers?
    Maybe now we can pave over the area and turn it into free housing for illegal aliens
    Did Trump start these fires?
    This is boring me to no end
    That Gavin is stupid but he sure is pretty
    I got out of bed for this?
    I’m hungry

39. Gov.Brown & Newsome have **Charred Remains** ON THIER HANDS..
    SIMPLE AS THIS.. They (Families), should take what’s left of those folks, Bury or Dump them on the governors front porch or Lawn….
    RIP those Souls..

40. Two freakin’ numb nuts. No wonder California is in such wretched condition.

• Doreen Scott says:

To think that the people in California have put that idiot in the governers office twice going back to the seventy’s is a disgrace.

• Doreen- must be something in the water. Makes no sense except I imagine there has always been a lot of voter fraud. Very sad to see that Cali is now deep Blue. (I know what that means as I live in the bluest part of the once great state of NY.

• olderwiser21 says:

Doreen – I lived there from ’75 – ’78 and Moonbeam was a disgrace then. I couldn’t believe it when he got re-elected. Californians DO get what they deserve in their elected officials.

41. TycheSD says:

To be fair to Governor Brown, he may be on the verge of tears. Firefighters were fighting back tears, admitting that Paradise, California is gone, actually gone. I’m not a fan of Democrats having taken over our state, but I can’t deny that Governor Brown loves California.

• Publius2016 says:

Regret? Nope, Moonbeam is an actor…Legacy Dimm multimillionaire public servant!

• TycheSD says:

Do you live in California?

• annieoakley says:

Governor Brown loves Governor Brown.

• Newton Love says:

> “Do you live in California?”

I grew up there, but I left in 1995.
          Now, to your snark comment, no, not everyone replying on this thread live in Laficornia, but it is our taxed money that the PDJT will be sending to bail your lousy, slovenly, bankrupt and cheating state out of this mess. That gives us a right to comment, even if we don’t live there.

• olderwiser21 says:

Newton – This is EXACTLY what I was telling my friend at lunch today. Once again, the American taxpayer is going to bail out comifornia. Makes me so damn mad. Brown doesn’t love CA – he loves himself and the power of his office. That’s it.

• apfelcobbler says:

He may love California (or what he remembers it to be, like some do) but Brown’s leadership (and like minded do-gooders) has led California to the brink of being a third world country. It’s not just wooded open lands, the roads are in ridiculously bad repair and re-repair.

It would be interesting to compare Brown’s with Arnold’s reign.

• TycheSD says:

I think Brown has been focused on shoring up the state’s budget. His latest budget has a $9 billion surplus. After the 2007 crash, I think that was the responsible thing to do. San Diego has tried to do the same thing after the pension crisis.

I agree, the state is in bad shape in many ways. We are becoming 3rd World-like in the level of inequality. I can’t stand the attitude of the Democratic Party on replacing Americans with poor immigrants. To me, this is a HUGE issue and the reason to not support Democrats, no matter what. But Republicans like Kevin McCarthy are not much better – if at all.

• Montana says:

If you love something you don’t try to destroy it, which is what he has done for years! I lived there my whole life until a year and half ago. I know what he has done!

• PatriotKate says:

I honestly think that a lot of these ideological people are just really dumb. They believe all the garbage that those who control them believe. A lot of them think they are doing the right thing. Until they come face to face with the consequences. That’s what Brown saw.

Below is a remarkable Ted Talk by a scientist who now advocates the key to reversing desertification of the deserts and greening them(which is a serious threat to the health of the planet) is to HOLISTICALLY GRAZE animals. Apparently, they discovered that a lot of the mandates for thinning animal populations has actually causing the dangerous desertification.

I found this talk quite fascinating.

• Guyski says:

That’s the problem with love; if not controlled, it clouds reasoning, judgement, and decision making.

• Doreen Scott says:

For someone who loves California he has sure done his best to turn it into a sh-t hole state.

42. Delta weed . Moonbeam likes the weed.
    Scott likes HARD WORK !

43. vlparker says:

Wish I could understand what was being said, but due to my hearing loss and all the background noise I couldn’t understand a word of it. At least the President was engaged, though. Brown looked like a fool.

• WSB says:

I couldn’t understand the conversation either. It was the body language you needed to see. That summed it up nicely.

• Newton Love says:

> “… my hearing loss and all the background noise …”

Do a web search on ACETYL-L Carnatine and hearing loss. Among what I found was a landmark study by the US Navy and Air Force hospitals on reversing hearing loss in veterans who worked in noisy environments.

Acetyl-l carnatine and another amino acid were found to reverse hearing loss. I tried both, but the other one didn’t help me, but the acetyl-l carnatine sure did.

After only a few weeks of taking it, instead of me sitting in a restaurant shouting to “What?” my wife over the din I was hearing, it was replaced with a separation of sound (directionality) and I could talk to my wife softly and hear her responses. No more shouting in restaurants.
      And I heard everything said on the PDJT briefing video, even through the background clutter.

I’m not a doctor. Do your own research and decide for yourself if you want to try these amino acid treatments.

• Newton Love says:

vlparker: If your hearing loss is from loud noise damage, then the other amino acid (I forget the name) is likely to be better for you. Acetyl-L-Carnatine is a nuero-stimulant, which speeds up the working of the brain stem, which for me, did the trick.
        In a quiet room, I could hear fine. When the number of sounds exceeded my threshold, it all became noise. A-L C effectively increased the bandwidth of my circuit, and my signal processor (the core audio processor) was then able to sort all the sounds.

44. TycheSD says:

Also, with a state emergency like this, state government is activated. It’s doubtful anything these guys explained to Trump today is new to Governor Brown. He’s been living it.

• covfefe999 says:

He doesn’t seem to be doing much to prevent it.

• andrew1979 says:

that makes a lot of sense. president trump i am sure knew nothing of this and since he is not an experienced politician like governor brown why waste time when they are explaining it to the president in childlike versions he can understand. the governor is a hero and people are just not giving him credit right? Tyche where is the link to the gofundme you probably have been giving to in order support governor brown’s cause and to give him help in thisctime of emotional need so the rest of us can also give.

• Aeyrie says:

Prez does know, Andrew. He knows the fires were lit to force the Fed Gov to send money and has said so publicly. State is broke due to cost of illegals and other management stupidities. Prez also tweeted recently that Ca. needs to clean up its act re: forest maintenance or no more Fed money. If you look you will find the tweets. Prez knows EXACTLY what is going on, and judging from the demeanor of Moonbeam today it looks like he reamed him a new one in private! Moonbeam should be criminally charged and tried for the deaths and massive destruction he has caused.

• TycheSD says:

Many state and municipal employees are on-call during emergencies like fires – not just fire personnel and law enforcement. These employees are directly involved. Though the whole country is aware of these terrible fires, the federal government isn’t as focused as the State of California is on these fires. I would imagine Brown and Newsom are basically in emergency mode and have been since the start of the fires.

• yucki says:

It’s “Trump”.
      But “Governor Brown”.
      Ok, I get where you’re coming from.

45. jane harris says:

Here in Sonoma county we went through horrific fires last October….many are still suffering,.
    Sonoma county compared to Butte County is much more affluent.

46. apfelcobbler says:

1:46 Trump signals for Brown to move next to him; Brown is experiencing sheer terror
    2:00 Gavin’s hair product is perfectly in place – what a model of a man!
    4:00 The fire chief (?) just moves in front of Brown in order to answer McCarthy and PT –
    This is the live, symbolic enactment of a power vacuum!
    5:20 It’s just so obvious the Fire Chief is so relieved (and grateful) to speak to PT (only)
    5:36 Brown puts some words together and Trump is very gracious; FEMA on top of it
    10:16 Reporter tries to force feed climate change narraative within his question … and Trump
    very graciously alludes to other causes while saving Brown’s and Newsom’s arses
    11:00 Reporter persists with Cummunist Climate Change Narrative and PT rejects it FLAT OUT
    and most importantly, implies the State of California will be deferring to his Federal plans
    for “safe forests” because “we can’t be having this every year”. Hot Knife of Responsibility!
    11:45 Brown, whose face Trump just saved, pipes up about “keeping an open mind”
    about the causes — this is probably the Talking Point phrase that Sundance alluded to
    the Dems concocting at last minute (while Newsom was getting final primping on his hair)

• covfefe999 says:

F-ing lazy reporters just ask an open-ended question about climate change implying that it had something to do with the fires when in fact the reporters have NO idea. I’m beginning to think Trump should answer the question this way:

You are asking about climate change and implying that it is a factor. I’d like you to go deeper and explain to me exactly what it is about climate change you think caused or worsened the fires and ask me if I agree, and then I will respond.

• Aeyrie says:

I’d like to hear SOMEBODY mention “solar radiation management” (AKA “chemtrails” for the non-scientists among us). I’d like to hear somebody mention how artificially installing high pressure zones using microwaves beamed from satellites to target low pressure rain-bearing zones denies us the rain that could keep our forests green and alive and put fires out when they start. Please tell us how installing high pressure next to low pressure produces high winds that feed the fires. Tell us about how the aluminum, barium and other components of “chemtrails” constantly being sprayed on us from planes is an ACCELERANT for those fires!! Dear God, tell us the TRUTH for once. Can we please get this out in the open? I am hoping this is what the Prez meant when he mentioned there were “many other factors” at work here!

• Concerned Virginian says:

THIS

• petszmom says:

what apfel said. perfectly stated. i enjoyed seeing the back of the fire chief’s head two inches from Brown’s nose.

• olderwiser21 says:

apfel – thanks for breaking that down. That was an excellent analysis of what went on and I agree. You can tell the fire chief is so glad to talk to someone (POTUS) who will actually listen to what he is saying and comprehend! Moonbeam is pathetic.

47. bertdilbert says:

The media was quick to cover CA government incompetence by bringing up climate change. Of course it is Trump’s fault because he is a climate change denier.

48. zooamerica says:

What troubles me the most is why so FEW PEOPLE are asking who or what caused these fires to begin with?

What has happened was not the cause of one big fire, it’s TWO big fires very far away from each other that just happened to start on the same day.

Were these fires intentionally set? Was this arson?

What makes these fires suspicious is how they started at the same time (Thursday) many – many miles apart…about 384 miles apart.

The Camp Fire in Butte County north of Sacramento and the Woolsey Fire in Ventura and Los Angeles counties are separated by about a 6 hour drive.

Isn’t it suspicious that these 2 gigantic fires happened at the same time?

Interesting article…

ISIS Group Claims California Wildfires Are Retribution, Vows ‘You Will See More Fires’

• Concerned Virginian says:

While it cannot be denied that stupid climate-change, eco-friendly legislation and practices were cemented into place by Jerry Brown and his ilk, and there may well be other factors involved in the start of these fires (and others in California), like straight-up arson, sparks from lightning, etc.—it is NOT out of the question to simply dismiss any possible connection to ISIS and/or to other Islamic jihadists:
      The Koran, 3:56: “As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help.:
      The Koran, 3:151: “Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers…”
      The Koran, 21:44: “…See they not that We gradually reduce the land in their [infidel] control from its outlying borders?…”

• zooamerica says:

What is crazy is how even if the fires were proven to be caused by ISIS terrorists, there would be plenty of sympathy for the devil on the left.

“Trump’s rhetoric against Islam caused this, it’s his fault….”

• Aeyrie says:

I tend to favor the DEW (Directed Energy Weapon) theory. If they can direct microwaves from satellites to install an artificial high pressure zone over the ocean they can do that. Study the pictures of how the buildings and cars burned. The fires were hottest in the middle and burned from middles to the outsides of the buildings leaving exterior walls partially standing and unburned. One house is cinderized and the one next to it completely untouched. The trees and lawns were untouched within feet of a cinderized building. See any toilets or metal beams intact? Consider: steel (depending on the type) melts at about 1700 deg. C. The kaolin in porcelain, like in a toilet, melts at around 3000 deg C. That’s seriously hot, friends! No normal fire burns in that manner nor do they burn hot enough to vaporize steel and porcelain. To my mind these fires are VERY suspicious!

• Red says:

I’m with you Aeyrie, I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks this. I don’t recall the fires in Gatlinburg looking like this and why are the trees not burnt to a crisp? I’ve seen burned forests before….this is way weird!

• Suzanne says:

I’m with you on this. How come a house is in ashes, the aluminum in the car is melted (requires 2000+/- degrees iirc) but the plastic trash cans at the end of the driveway are not only intact but aren’t even scorched?

• annieoakley says:

ISIS starting fires is nothing new. Many fires in Colorado in the last few years, are suspicious.

• olderwiser21 says:

It is very strange, indeed, and I did read somewhere that arson is part of a new strategy for destruction being implemented by ISIS now. I wouldn’t completely dismiss it.

49. Jane Smith says:

It’s obvious:
    Brown doesn’t care about Whites.
    Scott cares about non-Whites and Whites.