Finally: White House Suspends CNN Reporter Jim Acosta Press Credential…

Not exactly sure what took so long on this but the White House has finally suspended the “hard pass” press credential for CNN narrative engineer Jim Acosta following his rude behavior and physical confrontation with a White House intern earlier today.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders released the following statement:

“President Trump believes in a free press and expects and welcomes tough questions of him and his Administration. We will, however, never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern. This conduct is absolutely unacceptable. It is also completely disrespectful to the reporter’s colleagues not to allow them an opportunity to ask a question. President Trump has given the press more access than any President in history.”

“Contrary to CNN’s assertions there is no greater demonstration of the President’s support for a free press than the event he held today. Only they would attack the President for not supporting a free press in the midst of him taking 68 questions from 35 different reporters over the course of 1.5 hours including several from the reporter in question. The fact that CNN is proud of the way their employee behaved is not only disgusting, it‘s an example of their outrageous disregard for everyone, including young women, who work in this Administration.”

“As a result of today’s incident, the White House is suspending the hard pass of the reporter involved until further notice.”

Full Video:

This entry was posted in Cold Anger, Election 2018, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

932 Responses to Finally: White House Suspends CNN Reporter Jim Acosta Press Credential…

1. MfM says:

I would think that CNN’s response saying the WH made it up and that Sarah H lied would get all CNN access to the White House pulled.

Acosta refused to give up the White House’s Mic and hit the intern.

• MfM says:

When a group of reporters are all pushing and shoving to get a mic in someone’s face there is shoving and pushing and stepping on toes. This intern was not another reporter to be treated aggressively.

• 1stgoblyn says:

Pushing and shoving? They were all seated except for the one that was called on to ask their question. Accost-her was not asking ‘challenging’ questions, he was arguing with the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES in a most disrespectful manner and giving opinion. I think VSPGPDJT was most gracious in his answers and when told the first time, “That’s enough” Accost-her should have handed off the mic to the intern and sat down.

• frankie says:

Viollence against a young woman is okay if you’re a leftist. Look at the predators and wife beaters the inbred Democrat base sent back to public office — Carper, Menendez, She-Rod Brown, Ellison.

• Linda K. says:

I’m kind of sorry the intern gave up so easily. As the mother of three boys, I would’ve taken Mr. Acosta by the ear and led him from the room.

• Rose says:

As a middle aged woman I would of driven the heal of my hand into the bridge of his nose and brought that vile man to his knees. The fact that MSM are pretending he didn’t strike her tells me all I need to know about that industry.

• elize says:

Indeed, although if he’d done that to me, I fear I would’ve put a knee to his crotch. I think I gained that reaction in the military, back in the days when fewer females served.

• tessa975 says:

Knee to the crotch and a spike heel to the foot would be my plan

• LivLovely101 says:

Isn’t that assault according to the demprogs? Remember at the beginning of the Trump campaign when a Conservative was said to have assaulted a reporter because he brushed up against her as SHE was following him and reached out to actually touch him? Anyone recall that? We had to watch that video 50 times a day for a weeks.

If I were that young lady, I would have said “oww”, lost my footing and fell down. Then sued CNN and filed charges against that ACOSTA animal.

And what an appropriate name as she was ACOSTED.

• G. Combs says:

elize,
            I was think the same thing except it would have been a fist to the family jewels (if he has any) Not as obvious esp. if you used the hand on the arm he just hit.

• I was already there before I ever entered the Army – I worked on the Thoroughbred racing circuit here in NE as a groom. One learns quickly to stand up for yourself!

• Mary Wilson says:

Young women need to relearn the art of the slap across the face.

• ethicall says:

He did not strike her. He used his hand to put a bit of pressure on her arm to stop her for taking away the mic. He acted like a rude, disrespectful kid in an out of control high school classroom. That, and refusing to return the microphone, is enough to give him the boot.

• G. Combs says:

He STRUCK her.

A commenter on one of the early pages studied the video carefully. He said after the first touch he then struck her and her arm moved down ten inches AND HER HEAD and shoulder went forward due to the blow.

• mike says:

Since CNN didn’t acknowledge Acosta’s assault or discipline him, CNN should be banned. It’s that simple.

• LULU says:

Please. Look at the video. He whacked down with the outside of his hand his hand on the inside of her arm as she reached for the mic. What some are calling a karate chop. More than “a bit of pressure on her arm”. No gaslighting, please. We can see it with our own eyes.

• Rob says:

View the video again, this time with your eyes OPEN.

• FoxyGranny says:

Interestinglt today 11/9. the video is now being shown as a clip. In this clip to my eye there appears editing. It appears Acosta did nothing. Perhaps it is the angle nonetheless it is deceptive. Damage control by CNN?

My initial view was live. I watched nightly news on several local stations that all confirms what I saw initially the same day it occurred. I don’t believe senility has set in. Ha

The original broadcast must be archived, as well as well appointed security cameras in the room.

• stevebc says:

Agreed. As much as I despise Acosta, that was not a strike or a blow. DID watch the clip over and over, and you folks are seeing what you want to see.
            I’m thrilled they pulled his pass. Should have done it long ago for his rudeness.

• According to CPI training there are two types of physical contact. A STRIKE is a hit to the person. It includes things like slaps, bumps, knifes, even bullets. A GRAB is when you are moved or pulled from your placement without your consent. These include hair pulling, or a tackle. No where does the force used, or the damage caused factor in to the definitions. CPI is a teaching program used by police, school staff, and medical staff.

• NN wouldn’t know the truth if it bit them. Slowed down or not, you can CLEARLY see the interns whole shoulder twist as Acosta pushes her hand away. That is the definition of assault. Acosta should be lucky he only had his credentials suspended, he could face charges.

All this by the most propagandized “news” outlet in the US. Anyone remember the false accusations against Corey Lewindowski? Then Trump posted the video which clearly showed it was BS. There was much less contact by Lewindowski in Mar a Lago than Acosta yesterday, and they all wanted Corey FIRED. Why isn’t CNN firing or suspending Acosta? Why are they defending him?

The media lambasted that video too as “edited” Wasn’t it CNN that got caught with some “creative” camera shots in New Orleans, and Houston? Wasn’t it CNN who got who got caught FAKING a Gulf War bombing at their “hotel” (which was actually a studio).

Has Jim the Acoster apologized? Of course not, to leftists he is a hero and maybe a martyr.

• elize says:

Now that would be worth paying to watch! Not just of these pretend journalists but to include the men these days that have no sense of decency.

I tell my husband often that I appreciate his parents for raising him like a real man. And I’ve told them I appreciate the great job they did.

I may be old fashioned, but there are few men like my grandfather and father anymore.

• dginga says:

I, too, thought she could have been more forceful in continuing to pull the mic away from Acosta. I would hardly classify him gently trying to push her arm away with his hand an assault, but it’s possible that if she had continued to try to wrestle the microphone away he would have pushed her more forcefully, which would make a much better visual.

• I want to know where all the Damn men in that room were. Could not even ONE of them came to the young ladies defense? If that had been my wife or daughter, Jim the Acoster would have gotten a mouthful of fist for his actions. Where have all the real men gone. I know Trump wanted to smack him , but he CAN’T. Someone should have…live…on international TV.

• swampfox999 says:

In retrospect, it would have been great had our VSGPDJT jumped down from the podium and took the mike out of Accosther’s hands, and handed it over to the intern, all the while reaming jimmyboy out for his treatment of the intern and scolding jimmyboy he needs to apologize to her and to never touch any of the WH female employees ever again, lest he be permanently banned from being allowed on WH grounds.

• NME666 says:

Linda, my one step daughter would possibly have punched him out, as she did one of her boy friends. She takes after her “dad” :-))))

• Vanderbilt13 says:

She is quite young and she clearly didn’t know what to do. I’m sure it never occurred to her to push him back.

• Paul Vincent Zecchino says:

That may have been exactly what Accost-her was seeking, provoke the intern into ‘doing something’ which could then be used against her. Civil suits to follow shortly.

That’s the old law-yuh’s trick, provoke the other guy into saying or doing something compromising, then accuse them of initiating the attack.

These people are rotten, ruthless, leftist liars, subversives and killers. They have no bottom. They have no decency.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing which they will not do to destroy the President and every citizen who is not a lousy commie rat like accost-her and his sleazy pressniks.

The young intern was wise to pull away, especially since it looked on the video as if he was trying to pull her toward him.

Yeah, most us would love to lug this bum by the ear and pitch him out the door. But that’s what he most craved.

• Skip says:

MfM,
      Perhaps cnn should be replaced with a bunch of people who overstayed their visas? You know “the undocumented”? Do you think that would change their immigration tune?

• dayallaxeded says:

I slowed down the video to get a good look and there’s no possible question that Acosta struck the woman’s arm to prevent her taking the mic. The guy is and afaik has always been an entitled, rude, thoughtless, narcissistic, scumbag. He and anyone who supports/employs him should not be permitted access to any official, let along POTUS.

2. pnj01 says:

POTUS (or Sanders) ought to tweet the video of the intern being manhandled by Acosta with a note that such conduct will not be tolerated and that Acosta is permanently banned. Then, any other CNN reporter who replaces him ought to be required to go to anger management class before getting his/her pass.

3. henry says:

yes, please boycott and stay away from all press conferences for us.

This is a disgraceful and unacceptable attack on a free and independent press. The rest of the White House Press Corp should stand with their colleague @Acosta and refused to participate in any briefing until this appalling decision is reversed. https://t.co/JLp58t7LcG

— Susan Hennessey (@Susan_Hennessey) November 8, 2018

• MfM says:

Any boycott they try will be totally undermined by other reporters. They are shooting themselves in the foot!

• TigerBear says:

I absolutely needed this laugh, and it was a good one. I soooo hope they refuse to participate. In comes OAN!! 👍🏽👍🏽😄

• Jederman says:

Actually it should be the other way around. The juice isn’t worth the squeeze. The daily press conferences should be terminated. The media is too corrupt, there is no upside for the WH. What do we the citizens get from these disrespect fests?

These are the same people that worshiped the ill mannered, immature sh!t stick obama. They sat there obediently, even when he lied (and they knew it) to their faces.

Something must be done about the information war, and this is what we have here. All the social media platforms, print, on air… outlets are corrupted. If they don’t adhere to a code of conduct revoke their licenses.

This admin will take a ton of crap no matter what the do, and it will become increasingly necessary to neutralize this corrosive affect of media malfeasance on normal citizens.

If we thought the lefty news outlets were openly biased and nuts during the midterms what the heck will it be like for the 2020 elections. Start dealing with it now. They are, no scheisse, the enemy of the people. Even the enemy of the leftys but most are too stupid to recognize it.

• Spab says:

“If they don’t adhere to a code of conduct revoke their licenses.”

The Progressives have been chipping away at the 2nd amendment for many decades. Maybe it is time to massage the 1st amendment for the MSM.

• aNanyMouse says:

Or, Jederman, at a minimum, clearly set and enforce rules, with “draconian” penalties for defiance.
        Make each reporter, upon entering the room, sign a contract, wherein they explicitly agree to being subject to removal/ prosecution, if they fail to cooperate with any lawful order from any Federal personnel.
        And have Trump tweet about his before every such mtg., to ensure that the whole country knows what’s happening here.
        Let whole country know that these upper-class brats need to be taught, that the world doesn’t revolve around their whims.

• anniefannie says:

Let all the CNN “reporters” just follow President Trump’s Twitter feed. Take the other fake news with them. I truly wish we had a free, fair and honest press. Unfortunately, far too many “journalists” are nothing more than political pundits hiding behind the ruse of the press. When even WaPo acknowledges that the press is leaning against this President…gees, we know it’s bad.
        I have watched the daily briefings several dozen times. Sarah Sanders should be sainted. I had to laugh when I heard the calls for civility from the “Democrats”. We’re they deaf, dumb and blind at the Correspondent’s dinner when an alleged comedian named Michelle Wolf attacked Mrs. Sanders personally as well as professionally. Granted Michelle has a lot of obvious personal insecurities but I failed to see or read any civility lectures from the Dems then. When Maxine and Cory implored their constituents to get in “their faces”, I suppose these are examples of the civility for which the Democrat Party grants their approval. Why they believe that their lap dogs (their so-called free press) can do their bidding, the same level of civility should have been expected. I suppose Dimms only believe that civility should be practiced by conservatives and that CNN pundits (too many to be named here) are free to stretch the truth and hide facts that would benefit PDJT.
        And they don’t understand why they have EARNED the title of FAKE NEWS!!

• Henry, I think the boycott sounds great. That way any reporter or media that does not use their press pass during the boycott, then their pass should be given to some other media outlet or reporter who will show up thus giving a different outlook on Whitehouse reporting.

• dayallaxeded says:

Please, all sociopathic/toxic narcissist enemedia urinalists, stand with your leader, Acoster the woman beater and stay away from all WH briefings.

The questions might actually become substantive and some semblance of fact get reported.

4. L. Gee says:

Personally, I’d like to see some big, burly men interns in these press conferences–as in bouncers. And then let’s see how rude the press is!

5. L. Gee says:

Ooops! Forgot to say that I felt so sorry for that intern. She was trying to be respectful to the president while doing her job, and that sorry Accost-her SOB was living up to all of his disgusting names.

6. Oldskool says:

President Trump witnessed the assault, should have called the Capital Police over and had Acosta arrested there on the spot.

7. amwick says:

This was over at LI:

Really interesting first hand account about the White house press, from an outsider…

I am dead serious – on the whole, the most thin-skinned, juvenile group of jerks I’ve ever met in my life are media people, and it gets worse the higher up the food chain you go. I am convinced everyone who works with Acosta thinks he’s behaved like a superhero.

SMH

8. MVW says:

Turn the MIC off. Use a fresh one for the next reporter. Use two or 3 interns & MIC’s.

Force manners on these Press baboons.

9. LONG overdue in my humble opinion, make it permanent while your at it, and if the other fake news networks want to boycott, let em, that will make more room for REAL journalists that will actually report the news instead of editorialize on what is said all of the time!

10. G. Combs says:

I really, really hope these A$$Hats carry out their boycott! Just bring in OAN and RIghtSide and independent small town news journalists instead. 😁

We want a REAL free press?

Well the Fake News just handed us that on a solid gold platter!

11. spoogels says:

• G. Combs says:

“…What the hellis going on with Fox News?” They kicked out Roger Ailes and put in Murdocks SJW sons.

We have ZERO conservative news. (Fox was ALWAYS the Controlled Opposition just like the GOPe.)

• Gunner says:

Cut that channel a long time ago. In case you need a reason to join me, remember smilin’ Bret Baer called the House win for the Ds a good 90 minutes before the polls closed on the left coast. I’m tellin’ you folks…OANN is the only broadcast network in my home, and this site is my go-to source every day.

• G. Combs says:

Gunny I tossed the Boob Tube in 1776 — My Own Independence Revolution.

• L. Gee says:

We have one TEE-VEE . . . and rabbit ears! We get 3.5 channels, which I RARELY watch. My better half watches a few things here and there, but no news unless it’s local. As far as I know, no networks get a penny from us–unless they’re getting something out of our phone/internet bill.

• steph_gray says:

Public service announcement here – as a happy cable cutter, I just completed signing up for KloudTV which streams OAN live for $4.99 a month. OAN is definitely worth supporting. I may expand to the KloudTV Premium at some point, which also includes NewsMax.

I don’t see Right Side Broadcasting in their packages – guessing it is a competitor – we will have to watch to see which one gains ascendancy during the next two years as a potential replacement for Fox. Of course maybe some new outfit will splash onto the scene, since Fox has now left their market niche wide open with their treachery. Hoping so! Wish Rush would use some of his vast capital to get it started…

• Anonymous says:

Gone RINO

12. MIKE says:

“Washington Swamper, # 00, Two Minutes for Slashing!”

Maybe we should just call Accost-her “Slash” from now on

13. dbethd says:

“Finally” – suspending his credentials before for being rude, or suspending his credentials now for manhandling a woman. More people will support and defend the latter decision.

I’m glad this moment finally came. I do however wish it didn’t need to get to this in order for others to defend suspending his credentials.

14. i'm just sayin'.. says:

Big ego – little man…..

15. fannieprl says:

I believe to say Acosta was vicious or violent is to use the same hyperbole that the left employees and that always drives me nuts when they do that to conservatives. But that said, I still can’t stand the guy and I’m thrilled to see him gone for however long the White House bans him. He’s disrespectful, obnoxious and worst of all, stupid. Why not use his precious access to our President to gain some real insight and garner fame as a serious reporter?

• RednorBlue says:

I used to agree with you with respect to not making a mountain over a molehill, but I think its well past time to turn the marxist playbook back on them.

Rule #4 “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this…”

Understanding the democrats have no rules, we can use past outrages as the baseline. Remember what happened to Corey Lewendowski? Now it’s time to apply the same “rule” to acosta. It’s hard to do in many cases (see bob menendez vs Judge Roy Moore, bill clinton vs President The Donald), but I think in this instance they need to go after him hard. Yesterday was an absolute abomination, a disgrace for the ages. The press needs to be smacked down with righteous indignity and furious anger.

16. WesternPA says:

Sarah Palin says that her mama bear side kicks in when it comes to defending her kids. Trust me, there is such a thing as “papa bear”. If that was my daughter that Acosta touched, this papa bear would be pissed!

17. hillbilly4 says:

There are some posts which suggest Acosta used an Aikido-type move on the Intern. This is, in all ’58 states’ – assault. Acosta is nothing more than ANTIFA in a $500 suit. KEEP him the hell out of Press gatherings. He is inciting violence, and should be prosecuted. Let him find work at ‘WKRP in Cincinnati’.

18. rpaul2015 says:

I recall when Rick Lazio merely waved a piece of paper in front of Shrillary and he was excoriated for threatening her and invading her space. Acosta exhibited far worse intimidating behavior and he’s defended as a hero.

19. MVW says:

The money behind the media comes from a group(s) that will not stop until the US is destroyed. This is WAR without surrender or negotiation. This group(s) will not stop until they are destroyed.

This is not the Reagan era Democrat Party. The money behind them are what has changed.

20. RAC says:

He’s had that coming for a long long time, he is a big mouthed, big headed, self righteous turd. Please make it a permanent ban and do the tame to anyone who tries to emulate him.

21. Concernedcitizen says:

Acosta blocked the intern’s arm, did not strike – still egregious conduct worthy of withdrawing his credentials. As a result of this incident and pulling of credentials, President Trump’s approval rating will increase. Why? The large majority of Americans (i.e., non-leftists) detest the MSM and CNN in particular.

• If Acosta blocked as you say why did the intern’s arm which had been straight suddenly
      bend at the elbow and jerk downwards. He struck downwards at her arm.

• Concernedcitizen says:

In my view, Acosta was trying to ward the intern off to prevent her from taking his mic. In the process did he apply force? Yes. But to say he “struck” her as some are claiming, I think is going too far. Am I excusing his conduct? No way.

• James F says:

It was not “his mic”.

• Concernedcitizen says:

Correct. The mic was on loan to him and not his property although he arrogantly acted as if it was “his”.

• Jim in KC says:

Indeed. I’d agree with CC that he didn’t “strike” her arm; it looks like he was gesturing when she reached for the mic and then pushed her arm down with some force in order to keep it. But that’s a distinction without a difference, in my book. Still unacceptable, still should get him kicked out. I mean, good grief, have some decorum and act like a grown-up.

• mimbler says:

I don’t think she was struck, but I do think it met the legal definition of assault and battery.
          Assault is the threat for intimidation. His action definitely prevented her from retrieving “her” microphone
          Battery is unwanted physical contact. He definitely pushed her arm away aggressively enough to alter her whole body’s balance so he could keep the WH’s mic after his permission to continue holding it had been explicitly retracted by PDJT.

• Dirtyslate says:

Yours is a tomayto tomahto argument. The point is, Accoster aggressively and petulantly prevented the woman from doing her job – which is to distribute the WHITE HOUSE mic to reporters that are called on.

• It comes down to the definitions as always:
          Generally, the essential elements of assault consist of an act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact that causes apprehension of such contact in the victim. A threat made to a child might be sufficient to constitute an assault, while an identical threat made to an adult might not.

• anniefannie says:

Concernedcitizen, what he did was
          Assault. At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm.

• G. Combs says:

An earlier commenter who analyzed the video says her arm moved about TEN INCHES downward. He head and shoulder moved forward and her hand slid off the mic which she had just grabbed.

A different commenter posted a video where Acost-her had done the same move to others who tried for the mic. I imagine by this time it is an automatic move on his part.

• L. Gee says:

After this last election, sadly I’m not so sure of that! The enemedia has been cutting the video so that it shows Accost-her in a much better light!

22. rustybritches says:

I have never seen a reporter stand up and tell the President that he wants him to call on CNN reporters before he does anything else, and then tell PT that he is going to challenge him because he lied about something on the Campaign trail, and that should have gotten the man kicked out right away, Nothing short of an out attack by all of those reporter and it appears they all got together and decided that they were not going to give him time to even answer before some one else stood up and started screaming about answering their questions so no doubt that it was full on attack by the whole press core and not just CNN but he started and Pt should have called it quits and said ok show is over for today and when you people can come back and show respect then you will be allowed back in

There has been a shooting in Calif and the President Tweeting his thoughts about it and my daughter called me and said that social media was all giving him a really hard time and not one nice comment about what he said.. sorry for going off topic..
    I think all of the reporters should be banned from the white house

23. James W Crawford says:

It is ashame that President Trump didnt step down off the podium to take the microphone from the SOB and coldcock him if he resisted.

• Acoustic Conservative says:

Acosta would have screamed like a little kid. He is a small little insignificant man trying to make a name for himself. Problem is-he’s up against a Lion!

AC

• steph_gray says:

Someone else pointed out that Acosta has been baiting him for months to do something exactly like that.

I trust the POTUS’ judgment and self-control. He didn’t do it.

(But it would have been satisfying to see. I’m happy enough just to imagine it!)

• James W Crawford says:

Physically resisting the intern who was trying to reclaim the microphone was suffecient provocation to justify the President giving him a severe ass kicking.

24. Lactantius says:

There is no “press” any longer. The term derives from the day when reporters had to meet deadlines in order for the news to go through the process of writing, editing, being typeset, proofed and finally cast in the metal reverse-face page that applied ink to paper that flew through the press (printing press) at breakneck speed. In those days of there were morning papers, afternoon papers and evening papers. They even had “editions” that were updated during the publishing in order to accommodate late breaking news. The “press” had to hurry and scurry to meet deadlines for the “bull dog” addition, the “home” edition and the final “street” edition. Reporters ran to the phones and got the associate at the newsroom to take dictation. All very quaint and no longer viable.

So, Acosta is neither press nor reporter. He is a grandstanding sniper with delusions of grandeur. He is a TV hog and a self-centered boor. He “reports” to a hollow shell named CNN which has less viewership than the average envelope of discount coupons you get in the mail.

Acosta tried to beclown President Donald J. Trump by narrowly defining “invasion” as utilizing armed force. “Invasion” is a much broader term which includes influx, infringement, disruption and being Jim Acosta who is acting like a bed bug with the solemn right to bite whomever he pleases and however he pleases. Jim Acosta is a turd who seeks out a punch bowl and floats himself in it. This is not part of the concept of a “free press.” A “free press” does not include utter disregard for the privilege of access and a total lack of respect for professional responsibility.

There is zero need for press conferences or press “availability.” The White House should set up E-Span to parallel C-Span. Clean out the press room and empty Air Force One of the leeches and just pump the visuals and sound to whoever wants to watch.

Catherine Herridge is the Chief Intelligence Correspondent for Fox New. She is the epitome of sound, accurate, thorough journalism. She respects her sources and her sources respect and trust her. She does not speculate in her reporting and when a bed wetter like Shepard Smith tries to press her or misstate her, she very decisively sets the facts straight. Herridge is the opposite of the news “pundit.” Shepard Smith is a channeler of his version of the news and a prancing performing purveyor of plucky punditry.

Newspapers, news magazines and news reporting on radio and TV are dying from a lack of readership and viewership. No small part of the cause is due to partisanship, negligence and incompetence.

There is no reason why the “press corps” should act any differently at the White House as it does in the courtroom or the halls and committee rooms of Congress. “Mr. President, are you a crook?” “Mr. President, did you bang Stormy Daniels?” “Sarah Sanders, why are you lying?” Let these yellow non-journalists build their creds with the cruds who buy what they are selling. Let the rest of us be freed of their chicanery as they are accorded respect that they do no deserve.

• LivLovely101 says:

Bravo Lactantius! Well said and I thoroughly agree!

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

They are not journalists. They are the propaganda arm of the American Democrat Socialist Party. They spent the past 8 years kissing up to the previous president and shining the shoes of everyone in his crooked Administration.

• G. Combs says:

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

I do not want these subversives in the People’s House!

• mutantbeast says:

Hasnt beeen a “press” ever since Watergate, when the media commes foud out there distortions and fake spews could take down a president. Walter Croc also used fake spews against our soldiers in Vietnam. Its been going on forever(explodng Pinto gas tanks?) whats new is we the people have found out about the lies(Thanks Rush Andy and Treepers)

• +1 on Herridge. One of the few remaining reasons to watch Fox, and I usually ddg a clip if I need to…here or elsewhere when its relevant.

• Lactantius says:

In my opinion, Catherine Herridge is the only remaining journalist. Her choice of words reflects a studied use of neutral language. Back in the 1960’s James Kilpatrick was my mentor, nemeses, boss and soon to be life long friend. He was an old school editor and merciless. I once submitted copy that referred to a cake as being a replica of a building. He asked me if I had a taste of the cake. I knew instantly that I was in for a quick education. I was directed to consult the Webster’s unabridged on the stand by his desk chair. I learned that “replica” is an exact duplicate created by the same hands which created the original. (Since the word has now become a common synonym in vague usage, it now carries little, if any, of its original purpose.) Our society and discourse suffers both greatly and generally from a lack of precision in our communication. When I listen to Juan Williams go on one of his verbal diarrhea rants, it becomes impossible to count the snakes of innuendo, illogic and dodgy slurs that he spews. No small part of why we battle one another is because we have cheapened rhetoric with an over abundance of propagandistic claptrap.

• ByrdDeplorable says:

Thank you! I appreciate and agree!
          There is such a limited vocabulary and inability to speak clearly. Now, the government schools are not teaching cursive writing. One check out clerk told me that she can only sign her name in cursive.

25. yonason says:

STAFFER: OK, Jim, let’s have the microphone.

ACOSTA: No. It’s …

It’s his constitutional right, or something.

26. Trump Train says:

She should persue assault and battery charges.

• G. Combs says:

I certainly hope she does! Unfortunately it is the District of Criminals and there is ZERO justice if you are not a DemonRat.

• mutantbeast says:

one of the prosecutors there is Debbie Whats a Man dumber than Sgt Schultzs brother. As Seth Rich what happens to RAT criminals in DC.

27. jerseyjoe says:

Yesterday’s WH press conference was a mess. The positive statements made by President Trump were lost in the debacle caused by a hostile and disrespectful press corps.

Much like a law enforcement officer, a teacher, a parent with a defiant kid, a speaker with an unruly audience, a man falsely accused of violence, President Trump needs to learn techniques to manage himself and these kind of disrespectful, in your face, gotcha incidents with an arrogant, hostile press.

Have to outsmart them Don’t take the bait, don’t take them on, don’t respond, don’t take it personally. Set rules to better manage pressers. They win when they get your goat.

Good advice when I was a HS teacher(after a few confrontations with punks), pretend there is a lawyer standing behind you trying to get you. I know at least 2 good men, retired Naval officers, who went on to second careers as teachers, a SEAL Captain and an EOD Captain who were escorted out of HS schools, fired, or suspended because they responded “inappropriately” to smart ass students. They did nothing wrong but unfortunately in today’s world the inmates are running the asylum.

All the good points President Trump made yesterday was lost when he took Aosta on and

When you get into a fight with a pig, you get covered in mud.

WH needs to set rules, and practice techniques so things do not get out of control, it makes President look bad.

President Trump’s supporters understand the frustration, and its not easy, especially if one is accustomed to civilized and respectful behavior. There’s a long way to got MAGA, please don’t give the MSM ammo to use against you.

• mimbler says:

Since the optics of physically enforcing the rules would be disastrous for PDJT, the WH should hand out written rules of behavior to all press pass holders with clearly defined consequences (retraction of pass) for violations.
      Problem would be solved in a couple of days.

• aNanyMouse says:

Yeah, Mimbler, at a minimum, clearly set and enforce rules, with “draconian” penalties for defiance.
        And have Trump tweet about this before every such mtg., and have him specify that S.S. agents will be standing near Trump, to prevent Acosta types from charging the lectern.
        Trump must ensure, that the whole country knows what’s happening here, incl. that Acosta etc. must be seen as security risks.
        Let whole country know, that these upper-class brats need to be taught, that the world doesn’t revolve around their whims.
        If they insist that their chances to ask a “question” become opportunities to make speeches, they should be escorted to the designated “free speech” zones.

• steph_gray says:

I think POTUS handled himself perfectly in the moment. Complete with the cherry on top of pulling the press pass.

I think he should pull one more every day until the situation is fixed.

• mutantbeast says:

I disagree. You only encourage these scum when you dont espond. Bush 43 never sttod up to them, and he ended up with them defining him. I agree with Trump here, the way to establish respect is to demand it.

28. I don’t know who this intern is, but kudos to her, she tried to not let Accosta keep control. She handled herself well. Her parents should be proud. And kudos to the WH communications team for not letting Acosta get away with this bully tactic.

29. Gadney says:

30. AD says:

Watch the longer video if you can. What I saw was Jim begin to relent and sit down when DJT moved away from the podium like he was going to get involved (and thought better of it as secret service would have been all over him)

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Relent?
      It’s not a WH reporter’s job to grandstand & argue with the president. They are free to ask questions, that’s it. Journalists today are propagandists for the Socialist Left and the unofficial Public Relations arm of the American Democrat Party. They never acted like this with the previous president, indeed their blind love affair with him went on for 8 long years.

• Rhoda R says:

No, they didn’t act this way with Obama but they did act this way during the Bush years. Not as aggressively, but the lecturing and the attempt to restrict the President’s answers were definitely there.

• dayallaxeded says:

Like all of his urinalist ilk, Acoster is a misogynist and coward. The mere hint of a physically stronger person coming to the intern’s defense probably had him wetting his depends.

31. 6x47 says:

I wouldn’t call what Jim Acosta did to the intern “striking” her, but he did lay his hand on her and was completely out of control. I guess President Trump finally decided the theatrical value of Jim the Fake News mascot was finally outweighed by his boorish behavior and abusiveness toward the White House staff.

32. 6x47 says:

Fun fact: “Jim Acosta” is an anagram for I Jam Tacos.

I saw that a long time ago on Twitter and it just tickles me to this day.

33. :-) says:

The ‘media’ is the enemy.

I hope President Trump adopts the Stormin’ Norman Schwartzkopf approach to handling those clowns from here on.

34. Sammy Hains says:

The White House should announce that Jim Accoster will not be permitted back, due to a zero tolerance policy in light of the national epidemics of political violence, mass shooters who snap with little warning, and workplace harassment of women.

35. Motzilla says:

FOX News has their own crystal clear video of the entire staffer interaction with Acosta from the unobstructed angle. Go to 20 seconds if you’re impatient 😉 . . . . .

• “we get to ask so few questions of this president” ??? WTF? This president is more accessible and takes more questions from media types than any prior.

• Stupid interview. I didn’t hear either Steirwalt or McCallum condem Acosta’s antics/bullying/physical chop.

• pnj01 says:

Stirewalt is a closeted Democrat who goes out of his way NOT to call races the Dem Party wants to keep challenging. Even after DeSantis and Scott had both called their own FL victories Tuesday Night, Stirewalt was hiding from the FOX Panel so he did not have to call the races for the Republicans. Back in 2016, he and FAUX Republican Dana Perino (she’s a Bushie, not a Republican) had a (very poor) show that constantly undercut Trump.

• anniefannie says:

Nor will you. Not the style of Fox News SJW!

36. Maybe replace female interns holding the mike with the beefiest Marine Corps orderlies available.

37. lizzyp says:

What I find most disheartening about this is that CNN has managed to shift the narrative from Acosta being out of control to a Clintonian parsing of the degree of physical contact. The bottom line is that he was wrestling a female intern for control of the mic because he was determined to continue speaking – in direct defiance of the POTUS. In the course of that scuffle/ altercation, he made physical contact with the young woman. That should be the end of the discussion. Degrees of contact or what word you’d use to describe it shouldn’t matter.

• aNanyMouse says:

This CN spin is why Sanders shouldn’t have stressed the type of physical contact.
      Instead, she should’ve stressed that the intern had the legal right to take the mic, and that Acosta was defying her exercise of that legal right.

38. Finbar O'Shaunnessey says:

WH interns should get extra credit for working in a combat zone. Never get between a CNN reporter and a camera.

39. VegasGuy says:

The intern should obtain a restraining order keeping Acosta 1000 feet from her…& then she should, at all times, be within 100 feet of POTUS…

That would effectively keep Acosta nearly 1/4 mile from POTUS …. LOL

40. Teresa says:

Well he pushed her hand and arm out of the way. It was a belligerent, physical act of defiance to the President and to the Intern. He should have been done long ago. He is a bulldog not a journalist.

41. coltlending says:

Acosta obviously lightly Karate chops the Intern, but he evidently pushes her off balance, as shown in this video compilation and slow down of the Acosta Acosting.

Look at the faces of the two reporters observing. The one sitting is smiling, and the one standing looks obviously unhappy how Acosta is behaving, yet he later supports Acosta in the press meeting.

It’s obvious Acosta should be permanently launched from the White House and press events permanently.

42. ltravisjr says:

I don’t think it was assault but the more I think about it the angrier I get. The part where my stomach really knots up isn’t so much the contact but the part afterwords where she was reduced to sitting down on the floor like a five year old in kindergarten. Arghhh!

43. zorg2 says:

Acosta’s press pass should have been rescinded because of rudeness/aggressiveness long ago. The arm touching is a nothingburger, almost a false charge, reeks of MeTooism.

• mimbler says:

Doing that to an intern whose job it is to pass the mike after you had been told to relinquish it? Physically preventing her from doing that job is more than a nothing burger IMO.

44. Moe Grimm says:

Working nites I have the “opportunity” to witness events such as this spectacle which become increasingly obscene. Though there was no “assault”, the problem defined by the aerobic life form named Acosta is obvious as is his benefactors predictable statement issued via Twatter. Apparently they think all subscribe to it.

When President Trump moved left from behind that podium me heart sunk.. For a few seconds I thought he was going to step down and confront him which of course would have been disastrous though at one time in our history would have been accepted, even anticipated, for cause. I pray for PDT every day, Melania, the entore family, but especially for their young son Baron who at all of (12) yrs. old has seen his father heinously slandered, more murdered in effigy – shot, beheaded, knifed, hung, burned alive. His mother Melania obscenely slandered and often by blue/orange/purple haired manjawed hormonally unbalanced go-grrrrl “feminists” who’ve anointed themselves absolute guardians of all and any Thing carrying an XX chromosome… and now too the XY masked as XX iterate mental illness. I’ve never seen my President as tired as he appeared yesterday morning. I hope he take a solid week off in FL. or elsewhere. Soon.

• aNanyMouse says:

Moe, when Trump moved away from the mic, that was his signal to the S.S. agents to get involved.
      Acosta knew this, which is why he immediately sat down.

No CNN etc. employees should ever be allowed ANYWHERE so near to the President, without an S.S. agent tail right next to them.
      The front row should be reserved for known friends of Trump, intermixed with S.S. agents.

45. lisaginnz says:

I watched the clip of CNN a few mins ago… my computer froze (in anger? disbelief?) … had to cold reboot. Just like me, guess my pc does NOT like CNN…

46. Rather Not says:

Why is everyone going along with calling Abilo Acosta “Jim”? As a refugee himself, he never should have been covering this topic as a ‘journalist’, and it is a serious breach of journalistic ethics, such as they are, that CNN put him on it, and deliberately misleads with respect to his personal identity. Abilo Acosta could have been doing partisan commentary on the illegal invasion, especially the refugee-scam aspects of it, but he never should have been pretending to be doing journalism.

47. ltravisjr says:

And we now have the libs saying the American people have been muzzled because the press speaks for us and that it wasn’t Trump’s press conference but the people’s conference. As if it was Acosta I voted for and as if he shared my concerns.

48. mutantbeast says:

I have a great idea,. Suspend CNN permanently. Not only suspend the piece of crap AssCosta, but the FCC should revoke there liscense for fake news. Give the Press pass to Onion, which has much more credability than Commie Spews Netwrorthless.

49. PVCDroid says:

Napoliltano (Eddie Munster) is such a weasel swamp creature. Backing Acosta and what a great reporter he is along with Cavuto and naming Bill Shine (new WH communications director) from Fox as making a mistake. May God take care of these evil people and their puppeteers. They can’t down deep think Jim Acosta is a good reporter.

• PVCDroid says:

New acting AG Whittaker needs to be transparent and get info to the American people. We’ll be in trouble if Bruce Ohr is still an FBI employee by the end of next week. Whittaker will just be another stooge if he doesn’t act responsibly.

50. Donzo says:

Now CNN is trying to say that Sarah Sanders doctored the video to make the chop look worse than it was.