The Wall Street Journal is reporting, and several media confirming, the likely nominee to replace U.N. Secretary Nikki Haley will be current State Department Spokesperson Heather Nauert.

WASHINGTON—President Trump is expected to nominate Heather Nauert as the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, a senior administration official said.

Ms. Nauert, a former Fox News correspondent, joined the Trump administration last year and is currently the chief communications official at the State Department.

She would replace Nikki Haley, who announced plans to step down from the position last month.

Other potential appointees have included Kay Bailey Hutchison, the former Texas senator who now serves as U.S. ambassador to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Another Texan, Nancy Brinker, founder of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, also was considered.  (read more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, European Union, media bias, President Trump, Secretary of State, Uncategorized, United Nations. Bookmark the permalink.

130 Responses to Reports: State Department Spokesperson Heather Nauert Likely U.N. Ambassador Nominee…

1. One of the hottest women to ever grace a screen at FOX.

2. Pam says:

If she is indeed the pick, I think it’s a good choice.

• WSB says:

Hearher has had two incredible years at State, and she can deliver a message beautifully.

• fleporeblog says:

I absolutely agree Pam! Heather has been a no nonsense spokesperson at the State Department. She doesn’t take crap from any of the local or international MSM. She run a very tight ship. She worked extremely well with TREX and now with Secretary Pompeo. She has learned so much on the job. She will represent our President and our country well at the UN.

3. scott467 says:

“As a former Fox News pundit and current State Department spokesperson, the progressive-left can be anticipated to attack the diplomatic credentials of Ms. Nauert while simultaneously overlooking (mamet principle) the prior lack of diplomatic experience of Cass Sustein’s wife Samantha Power (Obama’s former U.N. Ambassador).”

______________________

And DJT will certainly point that out.

Nothing shuts down the hateful Left like having their own hypocrisy shoved down their throat in the most public way possible.

• Drogers says:

Nothing shuts down the hateful Left.

*fixed it for you

• Drogers says:

Not lying about your health care, Benghazi, IRS, attempting to destroy a good man life, and certainly not when trying to bury one of our honored military dead.

Nothing stops them. Not. One. Thing.

*I should have let it lay and couldn’t

• Ken Lawson says:

Drogers – You made a point that I think few truly understand.

• scott467 says:

“Nothing stops them. Not. One. Thing.

*I should have let it lay and couldn’t”

__________________

It’s good that you couldn’t leave it lay, let that anger be a motivator. I share it.

But they can certainly be stopped, and they must be, and they will be. They’re not super-human, they’re not ‘terminator’ cyborgs, they’re just liars and deceivers.

They’re just paid props mostly, puppets of an exceedingly small group of enormously wealthy and corrupt people.

They use that wealth to project their size as if it they were the majority, when they are less than 1/10,000th of 1%.

There are seven BILLION of ‘us’.

There are few thousand — at most — of them.

And they know that if we are not divided — if we are ever united — they’re dead.

The times they are a-changin’.

It begins on November 6th.

• Maquis says:

They must be beaten to utter powerlessness then Mocked to irrelevance and Shamed to EXTINCTION.

Evil will always be, but some flavors thereof require an one-hundred-percent universal war and eternal banishment.

None of the deceptive flavors of Socialism should be permitted.
            Anywhere.
            Ever.

It’s Treason to Humanity and War on God’s Creation. It cannot be tolerated

• motreehouse says:

Stable Genius stops the democrat party

• scott467 says:

“Nothing shuts down the hateful Left.

*fixed it for you”

__________________

I disagree.

I think it is exactly that self-defeating attitude that hinders us and prevents us from doing what is necessary to crush them utterly.

Summed up nicely by a little old man, rebuking a woman of immense wealth and power:

A life of wealth and privilege has left you blind in one eye – you are the few, we are the many… and when the many stop fearing the few…”

• mtk says:

except ‘winnamins’ shoved down their throats by the handful.

4. Monticello says:

Might’s well!

5. jahealy says:

If she handles our U.N. “partners” the same way she handles the presstitutes in her current job, I’m good.

6. wheatietoo says:

I like her.
    She is sharp and capable of doing a good job for us.

Being US Ambassador to the UN is a crappy job, though…so I wouldn’t blame her if she turned it down, because it involves:
    Putting up with the insufferable arrogance of the UN globalist puppets.

Heather will probably take the job though…out of loyalty to our President.
    And she will be good at it, I think.

• scott467 says:

“Having to sit through hours of boring, irrelevant speeches by countries that hate us.”

___________________

It seems like most of the time, at least whenever the TV cameras record it and I happen to see it (not often!), almost nobody attends most of the irrelevant, boring speeches given at the U.N. They are purely political propaganda for the ‘home audience’, and are recorded in such a way to make it appear as if there is a big audience (by never actually showing the audience…), the same way American Pravda shows all the Hussein and Clinton ‘rallies’ of 10s of people.

Sometimes as much as 20 people.

• don welch says:

if was going to turn it down she wouldn’t have taken the interview.

• anniefannie says:

“Heather will probably take the job though…out of loyalty to our President.
      And she will be good at it, I think.‘

Nikki paved the way, Heather can write the manual!
      Sarah does a fantastic job. I cannot imagine having to face Jim Accost-her every day of the work week. She should be nominated for sainthood!!

• Gonzo Knows says:

Sarah is a national treasure. Like you, I cannot fathom having to put up with Accosta. To which I would only add that we should include Sarah in our daily prayers.

• distracted2 says:

She’s been my first choice since the beginning. She will be fantastic.

7. scott467 says:

“Mr. Trump also has considered replacing Ms. Haley with Kelly Craft, the U.S. ambassador to Canada, or with Dina Powell, a prominent former White House official.

Other potential appointees have included Kay Bailey Hutchison, the former Texas senator who now serves as U.S. ambassador to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Another Texan, Nancy Brinker, founder of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, also was considered.”

____________________

Apparently the president is seeking another woman to be U.N. Ambassador. Hopefully he will pick one who will begin the process of dismantling this evil organization and remove it from our land.

8. Kid Jupiter says:

Is this now a female-only position?

• Derek says:

well theres a reason he wants a woman in this position.. certain optics

• Stillwater says:

I thought she did a good job in her role at the State Department. She is good on her feet with the reporters and is able to deliver the intended message.

The first thing that I noticed is that Trump seems to work well with women on certain things. Sometimes women’s egos don’t seem to get in the way as much as it does with men. So Trump will be able to get his message delivered to the UN with less likelihood of his US Ambassador interfering with or contradicting that message. In some ways Nauert may not have as much political baggage(sometimes called “experience”, other allegiances, things to unlearn, etc.) as Haley.

Secondly, in some cases, I have a feeling Trump likes the optics to be such so that his strong messages are delivered with the “feminine touch” as opposed to the gruff delivery or impression men often give. I don’t want to over generalize but that’s the sense I get. So the world gets the impact of the iron fist but with the velvet glove veneer.

• treehouseron says:

I agree with this 100%. President Trump works very well with women, the right kind of woman will outwork most men, at least that’s been my experience.

If you look at President Trump’s life he’s been very influenced mainly by the women around him. His mother, all three of his wives, his daughter Ivanka, his assistants and secretaries over the years (even the ones that were just sitting behind a desk answering the phone), the woman that he chose to build Trump Tower, etc.

I kind of see where he’s coming from, i’ve always worked well with women everywhere I’ve worked.

• NvMtnOldMan says:

tree–I have worked in several companies where the staff is mostly women and I disagree with you that the women work harder. Places where the dept. head was a women had the most employee problems. A lot of the women told me they didn’t like to work under a woman boss because they resorted to making too many emotional decisions. I think the old Bell system had this problem. I like Heather and think she is a no nonsense person and she would be much better that Nickii

9. Captain Morgan says:

I always liked her. I first saw her on John Gibson’s show on Fox. I never knew her name. He would say it, but I couldn’t catch it. She’s done a good job- doesn’t take any sh&t from media.

10. Dennis Leonard says:

Is this not the same,organization who was giving money to Planned Parenthood,
    “Nancy Brinker, founder of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation”

• don welch says:

one and the same.

• oldschool says:

yes it is Dennis. Furthermore, they refuse to recognize the research done that shows women who have abortions have a higher occurence of breast cancer. The more abortions one has, the greater the risk. I worked on this research.

• mightyconservative says:

Dennis, to my knowledge, she left SGKF years ago. I think she was essentially forced out. It took a turn toward politics quite some time ago. I will not contribute to SGKF for the reason that they do support PP. Neither entity supports women’s health in its purest form.

11. 🍺Gunny66 says:

Maria B……Marie Osmond…..Sarah Palin……now…Heather Nauert……..grrrrrr….

Business news……good food……female carrying weapons…..now….Heather….

I’m like a dog off a leash….

“Hey….wake up…..would you like a bonus……Hold my beer”…..

12. EJ says:

The left and the NeoCons are going to say what does she know, but Trump needs to clean house and put people in place that are on board with MAGA.

13. TeaForAll says:

Great Choice
    Best wishes Heather

14. Nigella says:

Excellent choice

15. Bendix says:

Watch them be critical because she’s attractive.
    Being an eyesore didn’t exactly help Ms. Power do a better job, from the standpoint of the American public.
    It did help from her boss’ standpoint, though, because your basic liberal types were able to demonize her as the woman who talked their hero into some bad decisions with regard to foreign policy.

16. Margaret Berger says:

How about this, we quit the UN so we don’t need an ambassador.

17. railer says:

That UN job is basically a public relations post, requiring a good public presentation of US policy. Haley did a competent job, although she isn’t overly bright in my opinion. Nauert should be fine as well, maybe better than Haley as she’s not a preening peacock out for her own political career, and will fulfill the job requirements at least as well as Haley .

18. Chuck Stephens says:

Fantastic choice…

19. dd_sc says:

She’s a bit more that a spokesperson (like Harf and Psaki were) – she moved up when Tillerson and a couple others were shown the door:

I get the feeling Heather is being groomed to become Secretary of State at some point.

• scrap1ron says:

Yes, having to deal with all those whiney sniveling backstabbing tinpot dictators, socialist parasites and freeloaders is enough to try anyone’s patience and ability to be diplomatic.

20. MontanaMel says:

This has some possibilities….
    #1. This position is a mouth-piece only for our Presidents’ message to this POS outfit. It has no other reason to exist, as we don’t use this avenue for true diplomatic overtures or comm’s — other than perhaps a quiet STFU or Stay off of my/our grass you dog dropping!
    #2. Exit from this body of corruption should be someplace on DJT’s bucket list for the next 2 years; or, he might be saving it for his second term, eh?
    #3. The “best and highest use” I can see for this HQ real-estate is as housing for all these caravan folks…just ship ’em north and run ’em in the front door, with all the other exits blocked… Ship in some MRE’s and TP once per week… Tell the “delegates” to put-up or shut-up…
    #4. Check-6 and keep them Mark 1, Mod 1, eyeballs open, ya’ hear?

21. Thank you for this post

22. Gadney says:

I don’t like any of Trump’s foreign policy personnel. I wish he’d promote people who agree with the sensible foreign policy he campaigned on. Nauert is a great voice for the empire but not for me.

• Sandra-VA says:

Ummm…. as an Ambassador she is the voice of the President.

• Gadney says:

Haley was absolute garbage, the dumbest person in Trump’s cabinet. She was always calling for more war and more intervention, crying that we weren’t bombing enough Syrians. Haley is nothing more than a neocon shill. Was that the voice of the president? Was that what people voted for?

Nauert is cut from the same cloth. Her tweets are an endless display of shallow moral preening and bad ideas. I’m not fooled by any of it.

I care about policy, not personalities.

23. Publius2016 says:

Hilarious reading Dimms and SJWs…she’s a blonde…He loves blondes…knows nothing about foreign affairs…she’s a blonde…President Trump truly is a VSG…Melania is a brunette!!

24. soozala says:

Heather Nauert at the State Dept is as good at deflecting the slings and arrows as Sarah Sanders is at the White House…..she’ll make a GREAT ambassador at that god-forsaken place!!!

• Louisiana Tea Rose says:

Seriously, folks, think about the sh!t the US Ambassador has to tiptoe around at the UN. Besides, no harm in wowing them with your looks right before you nuke ’em with your smarts. This one is totally up for that.

• Coldeadhands says:

I like the optics of any smart, no nonsense woman giving presentations at the General Assembly that Moslems have to sit and listen to…

25. TwoLaine says:

She was SO WASTED at Fox. If True, Congrats Heather!

• Q&A says:

Oh, I absolutely agree! I remember first seeing Heather on Fox during the hanging chad fiasco. She was as bright as she was beautiful and full of energetic, hard-working personality. The whole package; a real stand-out. You knew she was going far.

John Gibson appreciated her and recognized her talent. When Obama came on the scene, Fox ditched John Gibson which left Heather Nauert untethered. I’m not surprised she took the opportunity for a career change, with Fox leaning more liberal by the day and Trump gaining momentum. It was a brilliant move for her as well as the Trump administration.

I wish her the best. She is a class act; a natural beauty, never going for the cheap stripper look – hair extensions, sky high heels, flashy earrings, ridiculous fake lashes, bandage dresses, bare thigh high crossed legs, and such silliness.

I have no doubt Pompeo put her name on the list. I can’t wait to see her in action. She’ll be great.

• wondering999 says:

Yes Nauert does have a classy look.
        There’s something else that I would love to see take hold — Melania Trump’s natural hair color. No mismatch at the roots! Wish more of our leading ladies would go for that look. Blonde or red or auburn is great and all, I appreciate the artistry of cosmetologists ….but the natural look of Melania is ultra elegant… and probably healthier too…

26. TwoLaine says:

Oh, and enjoy those gold curtains! 😉

27. Davey says:

Worst…Sexist….Ever

28. Feanor says:

So it’s too late to apply?

29. frank field says:

This lady is air tight. Wonderful. Another good move.

30. Blase Bauer says:

I know this is sexist, but DAMMMMM she is so dam fine!! And her smarts, oh my, major turn on….. Score if true!!!!

31. Folks, I watched Heather Nauert for years as the “Breaking-News” person on Fox & Friends.
    Ms. Nauert has gone from Fox to Acting Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs and Spokesperson for the United States and now maybe U.N. Ambassador.–>I told you Women are EXCELLENT at “Palace Intrigue” & Sneaky Smart.
    ~Movin On Up to the East Side with that Apartment in the Sky, Oh yeah.~

32. Rynn69 says:

This is a good choice. NOT A SWAMP DWELLER – #1 REASON TO PICK HER. Also, she is a strong, smart communicator for the America First message to the UN and World.

33. Buck says:

The U.N. is so worthless, Just glad it’s not Dina “deepstate” Powell.

34. Ospreyzone says:

Good choice. A genteel woman capable of cracking thick UN skulls with a white-gloved hand.

35. covfefe999 says:

We need someone who is totally on board with Trump’s policies and will broadcast them to the UN, not someone who thinks they know better than Trump. We’ve had enough problems with people like that. So for that reason I suspect Nauert will be a good choice.