Freight hauling trucks are like the lymphatic system within a healthy economy.  As the economy writ large needs to move stuff around, it’s the truckers who git-r-done; and no time in U.S. economic history has there been such a demand for haulers.

In a stunning Wall Street Journal Report they note Analyst group ACT Research says manufacturers are on track for 450,000 orders for heavy-duty trucks this year, easily breaking a 14-year-old record. In July alone, North American fleets ordered more than 52,000 trucks, the largest order in history.   Whoot, Whoot !!

(Via WSJ) An unprecedented run of orders for big rigs has pushed the backlog at truck factories to nine months, according to industry analysts, the largest since early 2006, when truckers stocked up to get vehicles in place before tougher environmental restrictions would take effect. Typically the backlog is about five months for the truck industry’s manufacturers, analysts said.

“It is longer than it should be,” said Magnus Koeck, vice president of marketing for Volvo AB’s North America operation, where Class 8 truck orders this year soared to 25,000 from 11,000 during the first six months of 2017. “Of course we are not alone in this situation,” he said. “Everyone is in the same boat.”

North American freight-haulers ordered more than 300,000 Class 8 trucks in the first seven months of this year and are on track to order a record 450,000 of the heavy-duty vehicles for the full year, according to ACT Research. That would be the largest book since 2004, when orders reached 390,000, according to analysts.

[…] Freight-hauling fleets are trying to keep up with swelling demand in a robust U.S. economy even as they say they face difficulty finding drivers. New trucks are one recruiting tool, and the new vehicles also get better fuel mileage—an attractive feature for fleets as other costs are rising. (read more)

Fleet companies making this scale of an investment is one of the more visible performance indicators that we haven’t seen anything yet.  The Main Street economy is only just beginning to get started.   This is the beginning, of the beginning, of the most massive middle-class economic expansion in the history of our United States.

This KPI also aligns with the sector seeing the largest initial wage and benefit increases:

(More Data)

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Economy, Election 2018, energy, Environmentalism, media bias, President Trump, Trade Deal, Uncategorized, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

190 Responses to Ho-Lee-Cats: Freight Haulers Order 450,000 New MAGAnomic Big Rigs in 2018 – Backlog for Delivery Extends into 2019….

1. johnparham1 says:

Go baby go!

• Carrie2 says:

johnparham1, and you know the democrats and America haters will say this is all baloney and not real. Nevertheless on one of our main highways we are seeing more and more freight haulers from within and outside this state. We can start to feel proud to be Americans again. What a concept!

• WSB says:

Does this mean my taller half and I can make 300K if my truck follows my taller half?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

PS We just saw an interview about this. The industry is looking. Meanwhile, the idiots are exposing themselves.

• fleporeblog says:

I absolutely LOVE that picture of our Lion 🦁 in the 18 Wheeler! More evidence that we are back and better than ever. Remember that our President said that one of the biggest things in the Tax Reform Bill was 100% expensing. These companies are taking full advantage of that.

For the Economist that are predicting a slowing down in growth next year, they will be absolutely proven wrong. This article tells me that next year we could easily eclipse 4% real GDP rate for the year. 3% this year is as close to a guarantee as possible.

More and more signs that we are on the cusp of bringing everything back into our country so that we don’t have to depend on imports!

From the article linked above:

U.S. Steel announced Thursday that it is investing $750 million to revitalize its flagship Gary plant to gear up for increased demand in the wake of President Donald Trump’s tariffs on imported steel.

The company said the investment will make “significant upgrades” to increase efficiencies at the 110-year-old Northwest Indiana plant, which is U.S. Steel’s largest, employing 3,800 workers.

Located on the southern shore of Lake Michigan, Gary Works is U.S. Steel’s largest manufacturing plant, with an annual raw steelmaking capability of 7.5 million net tons. The facility makes sheet products, strip mill plate in coils and tin products.

“Today’s news is a major step forward that will have a lasting positive impact on the city of Gary, the northwest region and the state of Indiana for years to come,” Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb said in the release.

• Fe says:

I have been telling my husband for over a year, I am seeing more and more trucks on I90 in the 6 miles stretch that I travel on each day on my way to work and back home again. Almost every working day when I am getting onto I90 I have to get ahead or behind a trucker as I merge. Same story when I get off I90, there are almost always several trucks ‘in my way’ (lol). I’ve been boxed in by trucks and while I don’t like it, I know it’s because the people driving those trucks are helping to MAGA. I’m always thanking God, and I do pray for the drivers to stay safe while they do their part to rebuild our country and our economy as SD has been telling us would happen.

I am seeing more types of trucks in my area, such as pipe haulers, loggers, and ones I’ve only seen in the southern states, and unusual things that are covered with a tarp in the middle of the truck bed. Trucks hauling stuff that you need to BUILD things like roads, buildings. I’m seeing new construction EVERYWHERE. It takes TRUCKS to get the stuff needed to put up buildings, and infrastructure. The other interstates I’ve traveled this year are I88 and I80, same story there. We are traveling to Texas in 2 weeks, I can’t wait to observe the trucks on I55, I40, I30 etc.

This is part is funny, I occasionally mutter to myself ‘where are all these trucks coming from’, and I answer myself with these words “PRESIDENT TRUMP!” HA!!! I KNOW it’s because of our glorious President’s brilliant plan to MAGA, and keeping that promise “America FIRST”! God bless our President, America, the Treehouse, and SD.

#MAGA #KAG

2. Mac says:

America should be thanking God for President Trump! Look at what a difference it makes to have a POTUS who puts AMERICA first!!!!

3. 4EDouglas says:

Doin’ what they say can’t be done..
    Easton and down…

4. Burnt Toast says:

Good indicator.

How about tooling?

• Ever since my earlier career as a metallurgist in the foundry industry I have watched pattern shops for my long range indicator…… design, pattern, casting, machining and manufacturing….then it hits the streets somehow, as a combine, a car, a new lathe or machine tool…… good six month to year look ahead……

God bless POTUS TRUMP :))

• Hoosier says:

My wife is an engineer/launch manager in the auto/truck industry. It is not just HD demand that has gone bat poop crazy, so has automotive and pickups. They are scouring the globe for refurbable stamping presses and for all the secondary processing eqp. Tooling is only an issue if you have the eqp. When you have a 5 to 10 million dollar press line that needs tooling it is pretty easy to justify 24/7 work on the tooling and a willingness to pay their tooling vendors for extra cost plus profit. Hell their union even agreed to let salaried people work on the floor on Sundays because they were saying no mas to mandatories. Under Obama they were considering going to 4 10’s a week one shift. Today it is 6 10’s 3 shifts with a potential mandatory for the 7th.

• Robert Smith says:

“Today it is 6 10’s 3 shifts with a potential mandatory for the 7th.”

Can you verify the hours here, that seems incredible and is that physically sustainable?

• Hoosier says:

Yes 6 10’s. There is some fluidity to jobs and lunches and breaks are being staggered so stuff runs as close to 24/7 as it can (Yeaaaa, was my idea. When your wife comes home looking like a beaten dog you put on your thinking cap. Salaried people are cleaning the eqp on Sundays. Union hates that job.) It is not long term sustainable, but as more people are brought on and lines it will settle down. It is crunch time. If you have a ford or gm vehicle there are about a dozen safety critical parts from her employer on each and every model. If you operate US HD eqp, probably more.

• Newton Love says:

> “Good indicator.
      > How about tooling?”

That’s just the tip of the tip of the actual iceberg of impact on the economy.

Each “truck” needs a driving crew.

Each cab (tractor) will need multiple trailers, which larger trucking companies will place empties near busy places, so that they can drop the loaded trailers for unloading and hook up an empty or already loaded one (two?) before the one(s) they dropped off is (are) empty.

Each cab (tractor) will need regular maintenance, (oil, lube filters (fuel, air, cab) and tires, and brakes, . . .) at regular intervals. Some regular maintenance (brakes and tires) are needed on the trailers is also needed. That means more work for mechanics.

With more goods flowing on the roads, more fuel will be consumed, increasing revenues in that sector.

With more activity at the loading docks, more fork lift operators will be needed, and more stocking clerks will be hired.

Jobs, jobs, jobs!
      And the economy BOOMS again!

• Newton Love says:

450,000 is a lot of big rigs!
        Even if some are replacing aging equipment, some of them have to be a response to the growing and new market opportunities!

• Newton Love says:

We need to replace our ailing roads and bridges.

Wait! Didn’t PDJT already task people to get on that?

Why yes, he did! It’s like he understands the connective linkages in the economy!

Obama is still trying to learn basic math.

5. Curry Worsham says:

“But, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but….y-y-y-y-you didn’t build that!”

6. Cheri Lawrence says:

Whoot Whoot!!

7. Minnie says:

MAGA!!!!

Winnamins for ALL ❤️🦁❤️

CHEERS 🇺🇸

8. lowyder993s says:

My company bought 2 plus 3 smaller ones…IN CA.!!!

9. jjs says:

I would think trains are going to be next. MAGA Choo Choo

• Curry Worsham says:

Choo-choo baby!

• Some Old Guy says:

Rail capacity is a limiting constraint though.

• annieoakley says:

Unfortunately trains benefit Buffet

• Vince says:

“Rail capacity is a limiting constraint though.”

That’s only true the way freight is currently routed through the country, but it doesn’t have to be like that. I would guess that 80% of our population lives less than 100 miles from the ocean, a major navigable river like the Mississippi, or the Great Lakes. Barges on the rivers and container ships running feeder routes up and down the coasts can take a lot of traffic from the railroads, with trucks completing the last 100 miles.

• Newton Love says:

Instead of pushing the railroad system to capacity, we need to replace our ailing roads and bridges so that more tractor trailers can transport the goods.

Wait! Didn’t PDJT already task people to get on that?

Obama is still trying to learn basic math skills.

• cthulhu says:

From what I’ve been able to observe trying to book freight, rail is being run on 1960’s-era paper ledgers. If it were using modern network management techniques, it could probably double throughput.

10. Jeff says:

I am in this line of work. Think FedEx, but another company. No, not that one, the other one. I’m about to go forth and seek my fortune in the wide world. I reckon with my experience and record, I can possibly do some good, even at my advanced age. I’m feeling good about the prospects.
    People refer to “the oldest profession,” nudge nudge wink wink, but I beg to differ. From the earliest beginnings of civilization, perhaps even before, there has been a need to shift things from one place to another. Therefore I say, trucking may be the actual “world’s oldest profession.”
    It also lends itself to a funny mental image of a chariot loaded to the gills with mail and packages, being manuevered by a harried operator, glancing at his sundial watch, referring to his stone tablet map.

11. Benny says:

I can confirm this… I work for the largest class 8 dealer network in the USA, deliveries on new trucks are April 2019, suppliers cannot keep up.

• Sentient says:

I don’t suppose these are electric Tesla trucks…

• Newton Love says:

Each “truck” needs a driving crew.

Each cab (tractor) will need regular maintenance, (oil, lube, filters (oil, fuel, air, cabin) tires, and brakes, . . .) at regular intervals. Some regular maintenance (brakes and tires) are also needed on the trailers. That means more work for mechanics.

Jobs, jobs, jobs!
      And the economy BOOMS again!

We need to replace our ailing roads and bridges.

Wait! Didn’t PDJT already task people to get on that?

Obama is still trying to learn basic math skills.

12. oldschool says:

Hubby sold those big rigs and always said best indicator of economic health was number of trucks on the road. Trucks move America!

13. TwoLaine says:

We also know that freight transportation by train has also shot upwards, especially in view of the driver shortages.

14. Curry Worsham says:

Yeah, baby! Let’s git-r-done!

15. Benny says:

I forgot to add…. It is by the grace of God that
    We have President Trump!

16. Gil says:

Get those mexican nafta trucks off our highways and make American trucking a go to job for Americans! With all the activity in CA from the ports to trains to trucks, and trucks coming up from the border, modernizing the trucks would be great.

• thinkthinkthink says:

One of the first things I thought of is how beautiful and clean our skies are going to be when the majority of the trucks on the road are very new/efficient models. Getting rid of the NAFTA trucks will add to that scenario.

And all the environmentalists are studiously ignoring how MAGA is leading to cleaner air.

17. RedBallExpress says:

Cause we got a little ‘ole convoy
    Rockin’ through the night
    Yeah, we got a little ‘ole convoy
    Ain’t she a beautiful sight
    C’mon and join our Convoy
    Ain’t nothin’ gonna get in our way
    We gonna roll this truckin’ convoy
    ‘Cross the USA
    Convoy
    Convoy

18. deplorabledaveinsocal says:

Old truckers never die… They just get a new Peterbilt… (been waitin’ a looong time to use that oldie, but goodie)

19. got243kids says:

Trump’s economy is here fo the long haul!

20. wheatietoo says:

Manufacturing.
    This is one of those ‘ripples’ that happens when you start getting Manufacturing back.

Factories need supplies coming in…and their products then go out.
    Then there is also the need for groceries, clothing, furniture, etc…to serve the needs of the people who are working again.

Rail lines are good for moving goods around, but they are dependent on rails.
    Trucks are more nimble and can go where there are no rails.

This is such great news!
    I’ll bet all those Truck Driving Schools are busy too.

• deplorabledaveinsocal says:

Think about your ripple effects… Schools for drivers. Schools for mechanics.
      Tires & repair parts. Fuel. Lubricants & Oil (Each diesel engine holds about 11 gallons of oil).

• Phflipper says:

During the oil boom a few years back in ND you couldn’t get your car looked at unless you took it to the eastern side of the state. Every mechanic was out west. This is huge for American workers!

• Curry Worsham says:

You are so right Wheatie and Dave!

I live near the Nashville Auto Diesel College.
        Enrollment had fallen off with the recession and never fully recovered.
        I bet they’ll be busier than ever soon!
        That will ripple into the community.

Pilot Truck Stops is a Tennessee based company (Gov. Haslam family).
        They will be through the roof with all those new trucks on the road.
        And on and on it goes

• allhail2 says:

Yep. I’m only in a 7.3 Ford diesel (‘01, the good ones) 15 qts of oil every 5k miles. Brutal FL heat, but currently sitting at 477k miles and running the tires off the thing. I love my truck.

• Newton Love says:

Take care of your truck, and it will take care of you!
          Gotta keep up on the maintenance! (Including tires and brakes, and filters, and . . . )

• piper567 says:

allhail, one of my old roommates was an owner-operator.
          He ran WA to CA, hated Oregon and their hostile tax-ridden attitude ab rigs, and between trips he babied his baby.
          Loved his rig he did.
          I am so glad I know him; He completely changed my attitude ab the big rigs, and he would go on and on ab nothing being in Any Shelf if the truckers decided to strike.
          He’s right.

• deplorabledaveinsocal says:

More to your ripple effects… If those 450K trucks are tandem rear axle dual tires, each tractor is ten tires for 4.5 Million truck tires now needing to be produced on top of what is already being made…4.5 million wheels needing to be made on top of what is being made. Not being mentioned, but if you need a truck, you need something for your truck to pull – flat bed, box, doubles, etc. Don’t forget they need tires and other “stuff” too. Ripple effects indeed. People do not stop and think what all goes into making something. Some of the products now in development, people are still trying to figure out how to manufacture the materials these new products will be made out of. Thanks to President Trump, people are now being taught it takes much more than hope and change to make something…

• wheatietoo says:

Yes, absolutely, Dave.

Manufacturing…all types of manufacturing…sends ripples out into the economy.

Isn’t it wonderful.
        We’re going to be Making Things again!

That’s one of the exciting things about the Space Force, too…
        Manufacturing spacecraft!
        Think of all the jobs and commerce that will stimulate.

And not just the spacecraft…all the support equipment, even the space suits, will have to be manufactured.
        New inventions will be invented to achieve the goal of having a Space Force.
        Even more jobs jobs jobs.

God Bless our VSG President!

• Curry Worsham says:

You reminded me of …

• Newton Love says:

We need to replace our ailing roads and bridges for all of that freight to run on.

Wait! Didn’t PDJT already task people to get on that?

Why yes, he did! It’s like PDJT understands the connective linkages in the economy!

Obama is still trying to learn basic math skills.

21. paper doll says:

Winning! Still not tired! 😄

22. Phflipper says:

If you know anyone loving the grease monkey life, diesel mechanics are gonna make a killing!

• Carrie2 says:

Phflipper, I think we will see more “schools” starting up to train all kinds of mechanics and there are many both male and female who love fooling around with mechanics. This whole reflect on one thing leading to multiple other things in order to get that one that one thing built. It is fascinating to read SD daily for real information and how things are moving and grooving in America with Pres. Trump at the wheel.

• annieoakley says:

I have been saying the exact same thing for years now because I saw this, diesel mechanics making one hundred thousand dollars a year working for Pitkin County (Aspen) CO.

• Dutchman says:

To tie this in with prison reform, one of the trades taught in prison is “heavy duty mechanics”, i.e. diesel mechanics.

With the impending shortage, these guys getting out can get a good paying job, much less likely to “go back” to the dark side.

• Newton Love says:

Dutchman, you are Making America Great Again.
          Welcome back to the fight for freedom!

No more taking those “extended government paid vacations! We need you, me, and all of us, working, and together, we will Keep America Great!

Great to meet you!

• piper567 says:

Dutch, thanks for that important piece of info.
          I have a friend who is serving time. He has No Interest in ever going back, and in fact, is taking training…jumped at the chance.
          Can barely wait to be working.

• Dutchman says:

Oh, and for those who might be sceptical, when I was in, I didn’t encounter even ONE, who wanted to come back. They all walk out, hoping never to return. One of the major factors in me not going back was a good job. The pride of a paycheck is unbelievably powerful. You just can’t know, unless ya been there!

23. NJF says:

“We’re going to win so much. You’re going to get tired of winning. you’re going to say, ‘Please Mr. President, I have a headache. Please, don’t win so much. This is getting terrible.’ And I’m going to say, ‘No, we have to make America great again.’ You’re gonna say, ‘Please.’ I said, ‘Nope, nope. We’re gonna keep winning.’

~Canidate Donald J Trump—Myrtle Beach

24. Annie Ok says:

Yes, this is all around. Today, the guy who is doing the construction on our porch told us that the local lumber companies,which used to guarantee prices for the next six months, will only now guarantee prices for the next TEN DAYS. This is a sure indicator of economic expansion — the increased demand for construction materials is pushing prices up. Good news.

25. bkrg2 says:

This wave of logistics demand started over a year ago.
    I work for one of the largest snackfood companies in the world. In early 2017, we started having trouble getting semi loads product shipped. Both drivers and trucks were is short supply. We had to pay a premium and start locking into contracts. Demand has only got stronger and cost of shipping keeps going up.
    My cousin had his own business that matched drivers with loads. He had to shut it down towards the end of Emperor Obozo’s reign of terror. He just opened back up for business a couple months ago.

26. RJ says:

Half of them must be on the PA turnpike every day! Winning!

27. wheatietoo says:

Pres Trump hosted those Truck Manufacturers at the WH back in March 2017.
    He probably told them to get busy building more trucks!
    He knew that America was going to need them.

• Carrie2 says:

wheatietwo, remember he was mostly in construction businesses and knows how to drive whatever and had his children learn to work as well. A man who puts his hand and heart in everything and I thank God every day for him and pray that all the Trump families be safe from those who hate America and us and our President. We are moving and grooving and I love it.

• Cliff Indiana says:

Also, remember when he toured the Boeing plant? Checking out and asking q’s, looking very knowledgeable about the details. Very well rounded, he is!

• myshariamoor says:

BUILT COUNTLESS 6″ DIA. Mack truck drivelines for OIL-patch & OTR in my day!

28. RJ says:

Our great President recognizes the impact of the velocity of money. MAGA!

• Newton Love says:

It’s like PDJT understands the connective linkages in the economy!

Obama is still trying to learn basic math skills.

• Newton Love says:

> “Our great President recognizes the impact of the velocity of money. …”

Fun story: I got my BA in Math / Economics from UCLA. I took the 2nd course in Money and Banking, and the Prof said: “I’m going to teach you some pretty high-up math so we can model the flow of money in the economy. Don’t worry about where this comes from, just learn it and use it.” And he did. It was cool.

Later that year, my wife, who was working on her MS in Aerospace Engineering, and went to school at night at USC. There were daylight on-campus rapes, and night time was worse. I was my wife’s body guard, walking her to class and sitting next to her in her classes.

One class used the same math that I had learned in Money & Banking 302. I asked my wife what it was about. It was hyper-sonic fluid dynamics for wind tunnels and air over (and under) wings, and inside jet engines.

It all made sense. Money flows through the economy according to the laws of hyper-sonic fluid dynamics.
      Cool!

29. Mujhunter says:

Awesome news!! How many will be NatGas powered is my question?.. The technology is there for equivalent Diesel power, and literally no emissions.

• wheatietoo says:

I’m all for NatGas powered vehicles, including trucks.

The problem right now, is availability of fueling stations.
      Outside of cities…it is really hard to find a NatGas fueling station.

It’s getting better, from what I hear, but it will take a concerted effort to get more NatGas fueling stations across the country.

• DJ says:

Municipal bus systems, school bus systems, garbage collection vehicles and others. These are the fleets that have local routes and ARE transitioning to CNG because all of those vehicles go back to “the shed” at night and can be refueled there. No national distribution system needed. And it frees up diesel for the long haul over-the-road rigs.

30. The Boss says:

This means jobs. Lots more jobs.
    Be sure voters know this now, and get out and vote to keep it going.

31. MAGADJT says:

Only a moron would vote to stop what is going on in our economy today.

32. Ditch Mitch says:

SD, this is great news! Companies are setting up for a long term growth period.

Charlie Payne FBN has been watching and reporting on new truck orders and need for drivers since at least May.

Dove from Tampa to San Diego a few weeks ago and the road was a line of trucks. Never a piece of road without seeing one. And it was mostly highways not the Interstate.

MAGA! Too much winning!

33. Alonzo says:

But But But It was Obama that did the job. Good Obama, Good Obama, Bad Trump, Bad Trump. Today has been ANOTHER exciting day in Donald John Trump’s America. I’m loving this man more and more with each passing day. President Trump is the Alpha Male of all Alpha Males in human history. One thing I can guaranty all of you, is that tomorrow is a brand new day in POTUS America, and I will look forward to it with exuberance.

34. Sunshine says:

As a Canadian, I can tell you we have thousands of big rig trucks that are useless because we had no drivers. That was last year. The situation is still ongoing,

A few weeks ago, we find out that more than 28,000 manufacturing full-time jobs were lost in July.

GoIng further: I haven’t seen one American-made cheese in our stores for so many years except for Philadelphia Cream Cheese. We have cheese from Denmark, France, Switzerland, Italy, but nothing from USA. A tiny bit is really expensive. And our Canadian cheese is becoming as expensive – see Trade Board racket.

People don’t understand but they complain. The other day in the store, I talked to customers who wanted to buy cheese but were horrified by the price and left the cheese there. It was Canadian local cheese.

• The Boss says:

I wonder if we could smuggle cheese across the border?
      It used to be cigarettes about twenty years ago because of idiotic taxes.
      Now, it’s come down to cheese. Because of idiotic tariffs. Imagine.
      With Wisconsin, New York and Vermont on your border no less.
      Sad. Your government sucks.

• DJ says:

“GoIng further: I haven’t seen one American-made cheese in our stores for so many years except for Philadelphia Cream Cheese”
      ———————————————–
      Hmmm…. Wonder if it has to do with Canadian tariffs on US dairy products? It certainly isn’t for lack of US cheese down here – grocery stores are full of it.

(And I actually worked in a cheese factory for a couple of years in my late high school and early college days.)

• Turranos says:

Everyone please keep praying for our Canadian brothers and sisters. These are rough times and a lot of things are rolling downhill.

35. Grassleygirl/Breitbartista says:

Love. .
    Trump in for the longgggg
    Haul.🏁🇺🇸🚂🚚🚚🚚🎰

36. Alonzo says:

This is off topic and a question for Sundance. What is up with the DOJ OIG FISA abuse report? I thought I read something somewhere, nearly a month ago that expected the report to be out the first week of August. Is it going to be like the Clinton email report, which was delayed for months and mostly a nothingburger? I believe that Horowitz is simply another member of the swamp, who will try to brush this under the table as well.

37. myshariamoor says:

DRIVELINE MACHINISTS ‘GIT ‘ER DONE’ …. Like, YESTERDAY!!!!

38. sunnydaze says:

…. ” the largest since early 2006, when truckers stocked up to get vehicles in place before tougher environmental restrictions would take effect….”

It’s telling that the last time this happened, it was only because of increased .gov regulations, NOT because the economy had grown.

39. Doppler says:

With all those trucks hitting the road with heavy loads, maybe we should invest in road and bridge improvements.

40. WSB says:

OK… who is for hire?

Over 50?a

41. sunnydaze says:

The Magic Wand has been waved.

Take that Obama, you pathetic loser.

42. Cat Lady says:

There’s a sign – one of the yard-type signs – in the grass in front of my local Walmart advertising for… wait for it… IRONWORKERS!!! And this is in MISSISSIPPI!!

😳😁👍

43. Maquis says:

Yeeeee!! Hawwwww!!!! ❤❤❤❤

GBPDJT
    🇺🇸

44. millwright says:

Better to go with glider kits ! These new ‘ computer-controlled ‘ super clean diesels certainly are living up to their billing. Not much stack gas when they’re broke down ! Seriously, engine breakdowns are a major issue for fleets. For IO’s they’re a killer !

• They Know says:

Yep…
      And somehow trucking missed the loosening of regulations that everyone else is enjoying. From electronic logbooks, or ELD’s, to the fartcatchers that cause premature engine failures, it’s the little guys, the independent truckers, who are having to bear the brunt of it. A big fleet can absorb the losses, but it can easily put the one or two truck operator out of business… Hmmm, you wouldn’t think that was deliberate would you?

45. tigsmom says:

Most of the country gets it. The ports of Vancouver,WA, and Portland, OR have taken themselves off the table for the booming LNG industry. We’re launching a new tug next month, and it is perfect for those tankers…our politicians see otherwise.

46. Robert Smith says:

A #WalkAway – Business owner that makes truck tires for Semis!

47. redline says:

Should have seen this coming; gonna need a lot of trucks to haul all these Winnamins around America!

48. Texian says:

Trickle down economics.. Goin’ long on port-a-pissers..!