D’oh Canada…

Canada is on the cusp of instituting a national carbon tax.  Against push-back from normal Canadians in Ontario who are against the insufferable proposal, Liberal Minister of Environment Catherine McKenna explains how it will work.  WATCH:

[Data Link]

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Canada, Economy, Environmentalism, Glo-Bull Warming, Legislation, media bias, Occupy Type Moonbats, Professional Idiots, Trade Deal, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

223 Responses to D’oh Canada…

1. wolfmoon1776 says:

The “carbon tax” is as premature and idiotic as a “dark matter tax”.

2. treehouseron says:

How can people possibly be so stupid as to vote for people like this? How can people possibly thinking the government taking money, then giving it back is A. actually going to happen or B. a good idea?

This reminds me of that time I bought Don Lapre’s get rich quick books.

• 6x47 says:

This isn’t as good as my system, “finding money in the street”.

Walk down the street, keep your eyes peeled for coins laying on the pavement, in the grass, in the gutter. If you find a dime … you’ve made 10 cents for doing nothing at all. Repeat that 100,000 times, and you have $10K!

• vincentcuomo says:

You forget Americans voted for Obama and many stupid Americans voted for AL Gore, John Kerry and Hillary Clinton. Don’t forget the crazies who continually win elections in Massachusetts, California, Illinois, New York, where I have the misfortune of living, and any other stupid New England State or west coast State Of course if you see my comment above; I do have a solution for this.

• Mr. T. says:

Don Lapre took his own life by slitting his throat while incarcerated at a federal holding facility just outside Phoenix. He was awaiting trial in federal court for quite a number of fraudulent scheme charges. Perhaps the Canadian government could follow suit and slit their own throats, then bleed out fast instead of slowly bleeding its citizens to death with their stupid taxes.

3. Texian says:

I know what suspicious cat is grinning about..

The Canadian gubmint knows their NAFTA.ripoff scheme is coming to an end.. They need some way to fill that gap to maintain gubmint continuity so they can remain in power.. Socialism never works..

NAFTA, TPP, The Paris Climate Accord.. They were all just schemes to rip off the United States in order to support their Socialist governments, propping up their regimes..

No More..

4. 6x47 says:

Trudeau’s government isn’t going to have much carbon to tax after NAFTA folds.

5. Blade says:

You did it again Sundance. Cost me another monitor cleaning. 🙂

D’oh Canada … officially my 2nd favorite headline at CTH.

Still going with Derp-TV as 1st place winner.

6. Dave says:

That list of ten countries with largest increases and ten countries with largest reductions in CO2 emissions was interesting. The US and China are polar opposites. I think we all knew that, but not by that incredible margin! On the reduction side, Ukraine surprised me, although I’m sure Russia had something to do with it, and not in a good way. Mexico was a shock! A polar opposite of Canada! UK is another unexpected surprise. Venezuela, due to Maduro destroying his own country’s economy makes sense: No economy, no emissions! Glad to see Japan on the good list. Turkmenistan? Do they have enough going on to even make the list?

• The most developed nations almost always emit less CO2 and less pollution (CO2 isn’t pollution).
      Back in the day, we burned wood and straw. Both emit very large amounts of CO2. Many African and Asian communities still burn this stuff.
      Then we got a hold of Coal. Although high in CO2 emissions, coal emits less than wood and straw.
      Then we went on to Oil. Less still than coal.
      Now we are on to gas. The least CO2 emissions of all.

The common denominator in all of the above fuels is the ratio of Hydrogen to Carbon.
      Wood is almost all carbon.
      Coal is mostly carbon with a little Hydrogen.
      Oil is less carbon and more Hydrogen than Coal.
      Gas is the most Hydrogen and the least carbon of all.

Therefore……….if you really wanted to reduce carbon emissions, development of the economy is the key, which is exactly the opposite of what environuts (like Justine The Boy Trudeau) espouse.

• Oh my yes…..You might be surprised at the number of goat farts plaguing Turkmenistan right now.

7. NickD says:

I thought posting this would be a fitting soundtrack for this post:

Let me tell you how it will be
    There’s one for you, nineteen for me
    Cos I’m the taxman, yeah, I’m the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
    Be thankful I don’t take it all
    Cos I’m the taxman, yeah I’m the taxman

If you drive a car, I’ll tax the street
    If you try to sit, I’ll tax your seat
    If you get too cold, I’ll tax the heat
    If you take a walk, I’ll tax your feet

Taxman!
    Cos I’m the taxman, yeah I’m the taxman

Don’t ask me what I want it for (Aahh Mr. Wilson)
    If you don’t want to pay some more (Aahh Mr. Heath)
    Cos I’m the taxman, yeah, I’m the taxman

Now my advice for those who die
    Declare the pennies on your eyes
    Cos I’m the taxman, yeah, I’m the taxman

And you’re working for no one but me
    Taxman!

• SteveT says:

Obviously some songwriting/lyrics license going on here.
      I can remember the headlines in the paper (mid-sixties) when I was in junior school and around that time the richest people (the Beatles incl.) were being taxed at 19s 6d in the pound. this is a rate of 97.5% once above a certain income level – not the 95% in the lyrics (1 in 20).

Not a good incentive to try and make money.

SteveT

8. mashall says:

Cheap Trick – Taxman, Mr. Thief

Thanks to the video posters of “Climate-change Barbie”
    Does the CTH agree, that her responses questions about her NAFTA negotiating priorities will make her easy prey for POTUS Triumph and his Team?
    If we are they must be laughing out loud at her.
    She stayed way, way, way, too long on the merry-go-round.

9. moe ham head says:

she cant even speak what a f ing retard

10. 6x47 says:

It’s surreal, hearing this Leftist talk about “tackling climate change” as if it’s a real thing she can do something about.

Now, what is her plan for unicorns threatened by chupacabras in Saskatchewan?

11. Mike diamond says:

CNN should pay a fake news tax!!!!!!!!

12. czarowniczy says:

This is the same country that’s been giving ships full of illegal aliens 3-hots-and-a-cot until they can determine each individual’s potential immigration status. The country that’s been serving as a launching pad for illegal Chinese smuggled into the US for sweatshop and sex trade uses. The same country that was a transit point for Mideast terrorists sneaking into the US BEFORE 911. The country that had the policy of increasing their declining population by 1% ayear through immigration to keep the numbers from slipping farther into the negatives. The country that elected Trudeau II. This is just another bump in the political road.

13. Bendix says:

Catherine here is a prime example of a rent-seeker, although I doubt she knows that, or even understands what a rent-seeker is.

14. Troublemaker10 says:

We’re finally told what the carbon tax will cost us. Are you sitting down?

Excerpt:

Here, carbon taxes have become simply a tax-and-spend model that lets governments spend ever more trying to pick winners and losers in the energy sector.

That’s one reason why Ontario Premier Doug Ford, Alberta UCP Leader Jason Kenney, Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe and others have called for ending carbon tax mandates in Canada, and for repealing current carbon-pricing systems in Ontario and Alberta. Now it’s time for the Trudeau government to admit that its proposed carbon tax will significantly burden families across Canada today for a climate benefit too small to measure by 2100.