President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump arrive at Melsbroek Air Base in Brussels, Belgium ahead of the NATO summit Wednesday and Thursday.  The First Family will be staying at the EU Chief of Mission residence.

This entry was posted in European Union, media bias, Melania Trump, NATO, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

122 Responses to President Trump and First Lady Melania Arrive in Brussels, Belgium – NATO Summit Begins Tomorrow…

1. no-nonsense-nancy. says:

May they remain safe troughout their trip

2. calbear84 says:

Indefatigable
    – adjective
    1. incapable of being tired out; not yielding to fatigue; untiring.

3. calbear84 says:

Is it my imagination, or is Melania getting more beautiful?

4. Minnie says:

God bless you and keep you, President and First Lady Trump 🙏

We are with you ❤️

5. ZurichMike says:

Did you see how thick that armored door was? No wonder it took that guy two hands and a strong pull to open!

6. cdnintx says:

Love the plaid on the inside of the jacket when the wind blew it 🙂

7. Tl Howard says:

Watching the secret service open the door for Melania reminded me….my next-door neighbor’s son-in-law works for the SS. He now works out of the SF area office but a few years ago he was in DC.. He was assigned for a time to the Obama detail. I tried just a little bit to get info from my neighbor, but he said his son-in-law was super tight-lipped about the POTUS and the FLOTU and his job, period. I met his son-in-law briefly. Seemed very nice and very professional. Actually, I was glad that no tales were told. Tells me the people of the SS are doing their job.

8. andyocoregon says:

Some interesting facts about the origin and missions of the U.S. Secret Service. It was originated in 1865 to combat the counterfeiting of U.S. currency. Despite the assassination of President Abraham in 1865, it wasn’t tasked with the protection of the President until 1901, after the assassination of President William McKinley.
    Some years ago, I did a contract wiring job in the office of the U.S.S.S. in downtown Portland and they had a stack of money sitting on the receptionist’s desk that visitors could see and touch. I couldn’t believe how lousy some of the bills looked and at the other end of the spectrum how incredibly real others looked.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

I had a classmate in elementary school who brought her Dad in for show and tell one day.
      He worked for the Secret Service, and he gave a talk about currency and counterfeiting, and all that they did against it. He said how important it was to be familiar with the real thing, in order to realize what was real and what was fake. Really interesting. Gosh. Now where did all those years go 🙂

9. parteagirl says:

They’re staying at a private residence? Is that safer?

10. WSB says:

So funny…at 4:34, past the camera trots a beige bus – the only one that color – that sports a sign “Lauwers” on it, trolled by a chase car!

11. Take a good look folks!

This is the only time you get to see American cars in Europe.

• Zippy says:

Best selling cars in the UK (made by Ford’s European subsidiary):

#1 Ford Fiesta
      #6 Ford Focus

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

There are lots of Fords (including Mustangs, which are quite popular), as well as Opels (which GM is trying to destroy) and not a few Dodge Rams (Gallagher again…).

One thing that is hard for US automakers, at least in Germany, is that cars here need to be set up to go fast, and stop fast. When traffic (and signs) permit, it’s possible to go 120 mph or so on the Autobahns, sometimes much faster (had a Ferrari zoom by me at probably 200 up by Frankfurt one day). So suspension, tires, brakes, etc. are stiffer, and not set up the same. Also streets are narrower and parking spots smaller, which gives the Dodge Ram fans fits… (seems my car gets wider and the streets get smaller the older I get 🙂 ).
      The rally car versus dragster debate kind of shows what it’s about (shades of Dan Gurney)…

I had a Ford Scorpio here, years ago, and I drove all over Europe (120K miles, at least) in it. Ran like a champ. Wife had a succession of Ford Fiestas, which were pretty good too.

Opel is in England, too (or at least were) as Vauxhall. My uncle had a Vauxhall Victor some years ago that was pretty good (and much bigger than my cousin’s Mini, which really was).
      I think if folks build for the target market, it should be OK.

Hmmm. Now where can I find some 15″ Kicker subwoofers 🙂

• AmericaFirst says:

My first car was an Opel!

• Tiana says:

I grew up in Germany…

My parents’ first car was a light-blue Opel Kadett – I was 9 at the time… we took that same year our first trip to southern Italy… all of us 3 kids squeezed in the back seat…

My first car was a white Ford 12m (Taunus)… I think it was a 1964 or 1965… even then I could only afford used cars that were at least 10 years old… took that same year a trip to Lake Balaton in Hungary… the border troops were heavily armed… that was the very first time in my life I saw a real gun…

Just reminiscing… 🙂

….Aah, where was I?… Yes, hope our VSGPDJT kicks some butt in the Old Countries… and hope him an FLOTUS stay safe…

• jmclever says:

I too have memories of me and my siblings being squeezed into the back seat of an Opel. My dad won it in a poker game off my drunk uncle, true story!

• Kristin says:

Lauwers is a very common Flemish ( Dutch speaking part of Belgium). One of the bakeries in my town of Halle was named Lauwers.

• Kristin says:

My father and grandfather used to drive Chevrolet cars in the early and mid 50’s in Belgium. You had to pay extra for a heating system and spare tire.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Reminds me of the old VWs with their 6-volt electrical system, “reserve” fuel tank, and *cough* *brrrr* heater… And don’t get me started on the Renault Dauphine, et. al. 🙂
        (What’s that hole in the bumper for? A CRANK? To START the motor???) 🙂

Boy, the cars back then had personality (if not much else…).

Not like the Ford Wagons and VistaCruisers of the 60s and 70s…

12. Janice says:

Dear God hear our prayers of safety for our President! My heart is heavy until he is home.

• nwtex says:

My heart was beginning to become heavy as well. But I decided to turn it around and trust in Jesus. How can I trust Him while worrying 😉 that’s the way I feel about it anyway. Worrying doesn’t change anything. Soooo, I just think of good stuff like a productive trip and safe return.
      Not that you should do the same, by any means, just saying what works for me 🌸 ☀️

13. nwtex says:

Work has begun to set up a £30million ‘ring of steel’ around Regent’s Park, where the US President will stay, in anticipation of widespread protests against the trip

14. Dora says:

15. dallasdan says:

I am incapable of adequately describing how well the President and First Lady personify my ideal image of the stature, authority, and dignity of partners who complement each other in leading the free world.

16. IMO says:

Give those greedy globalist hell.

17. usaproud7 says:

I just well up with pride and tears when I see the two of them. Representing AMERICA. Thank You Dear Lord for them. KEEP THEM SAFE.
    In Jesus Name, AMEN.

18. Robert Smith says:

I think Trump is getting a hold on his eating habits. He looks better lately.

• G. Combs says:

When you travel a lot and are pressed for time you end up eating a lot of fast food. That will pack on the weight ASAP!

I try to carry home-cooked with me as much as possible but that takes a lot of time.

19. snarkybeach says:

Lots of FLOTUS pics in this Breitbart article (her pretty shoes make my feet hurt just looking at them…)

20. POTUS SCHEDULE!

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Crikey, our TV is only 50 inches 🙂 I’m green (OK, cyan) with envy. Then again, POTUS_Schedule has a lot more (and more important) things to do…

One thing I always remember about driving through Belgium at night was that they’d have a mile of freeway lit up, almost as bright as day, then a mile all but pitch dark, then another mile, lit up. This went on through the whole country (kind of odd going through trying not to miss the Ferry). Wonder if they still do that now…

Lots of nice stuff to see there. Too bad NATO and EC/EP/EU aren’t 😉 or 😦

21. Pyrthroes says:

As an aside, we recall that Benedict Barack Gangrenous never deigned to overnight in Foreign Service U.S. Missions, but preferred spending upwards of $250-K “expenses” daily on 5-star hotels catering to lizard-loungers like himself.

By the way, though Trump golfs weekends on his various estates, how many “vacations” has he taken these last eighteen months? If memory serves, Rats’ layabout catspaw was off at least one week per quarter, more often when Martha’s Vineyard sponsored his feckless Sunni Muslump mushawara gabfests.