The Senate Judiciary Committee, Chairman Chuck Grassley presiding, is scheduled to hear testimony today from DOJ-OIG Michael Horowitz and FBI Director Christopher Wray about the findings of the IG report of FBI conduct during the Clinton email investigation.  The hearing time is 2:00pm Eastern.

Livestream LinkAlternate Livestream LinkAlternate 2 Livestream Link

This is the first time IG Horowitz will field questions since releasing his report last Thursday. Unfortunately, most of the members of this committee are benefactors of the DC Swamp, and less likely to confront Horowitz and/or Wray with tough and specific questions. It is likely that only Chairman Grassley has actually read the 568-page report.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Clinton(s), Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Deep State, Dept Of Justice, FBI, IG Report Clinton Investigation, media bias, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1,645 Responses to Senate Judiciary Hearing: IG Michael Horowitz and FBI Director Chris Wray – 2:00pm Livestream and Discussion Thread…

1. Wayne says:

watching the closing statements,,,wray’s head stayed down while Grassley was speaking,,,when the democrap started speaking he is looking up and proudly important,,,these people never fail to make me sick, I am a retired law enforcement officer,,,how could any honest law enforcement official be involved with this crap? answer….none,,,,all of these scum in the swamp should be locked up they are all guilty……..

2. TheWanderingStar says:

During the testimony today the dems are throwing Comey under the bus, but they seem to be laying the foundation that because of Comey’s violations of norms, procedures, policies and the law that the investigation and possible future prosecution of HRC are now tainted and biased. Go figure.

3. All Too Much says:

Linsey Graham at 6:15 in the clip SD posted above is tremendous.
    Worth the few seconds to check it out.

4. Mia C says:

I can’t look until I know if you guys think I should watch the Homeland Security lady. How’s she doing? We have to separate kids from adults in detention centers, otherwise they could be their smuggler, trafficker, or pimp. It’s not rocket science.
    –I listened for one moment and she was claiming the system is broken. Yes. But I still don’t see why you’d hold adults with minors in a detention center. That’s asking for child rape and abuse. Is she saying that? Again, I can’t listen if the Trump admin is f()cking this question up.

• CJ of WV says:

She did a fantastic job from my perspective. She clearly stated they are following the law and will not turn a blind eye to those who violate our laws. If Congress doesn’t like it they need to fix the law.
      The men and women of DHS/HHS are honorable men and women performing their duty and upholding the laws. This smear campaign is a direct attack against their honor and it needs to stop.
      Parents /families illegally crossing our borders are in fact commiting a crime and are criminals. They will be treated as criminals. They are still allowed to contact their children.
      Parents/ families who enter our country through ports of entry are NOT being separated from their children. They have done nothing illegal.
      She is focused and determined. Great job.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

She is doing great. She handled that noisy bunch of 3rd Graders just fine.

• nimrodman says:

She did just fine, better than many likely would have expected.

Look for a clip later, I’m sure one will be posted.

• Mia C says:

Puke. I’m watching it right now. Her statements at the beginning were great. The jackal press’s questions are atrocious. I’m trying to make it through but it’s not easy.
        –You guys. The Democrats are solid evil. They simply will NOT let us be happy. We just nearly ended nuclear war so they had to come up with this fake issue to ruin it.
        –Please join me in taking action every day to defeat them. They simply MUST be beaten back again with a vengeance, beginning with the Midterms. So do me and our country a favor and donate, or find out when your midterm race will be, tweet out something useful on social media or just take one action per day to beat these evil Democrats.
        –They’re solid evil. Evil never sleeps so nor can we I’m afraid. Our kids and country are worth it though.

• rudy1876 says:

There are older Youtube videos about immigration across borders in many countries all over the world. They’re pretty cool actually. People do the nuttiest things to get into a country, and go to great lengths to hide overstay violations. The videos about the Mexico/US border had a few episodes where people almost got in with their documents but some agents dug a little deeper questioning the kids and it turned out the kids had no idea who these adults traveling with them were. Then the adults finally cop to it but say they’re taking the kids to their parents that are deep in the USA and illegal, but they people had no idea how to contact them. The kids are taken away but I don’t really remember what happened. I seem to recall these shows were from the GW Bush era. Australia seemed to be the toughest followed by Canada.

• OS says:

Indeed. In Europe there are sadly numerous sad stories about children being raped and more at this centwts: there have been group rapes by afghan men of 3years old girls and boys and cruel violence against mothers – also raped and which pies and more in plastic bbottles/other because rapists where outset night lurking for any vulnerable victim. And the average Muslim young man coming to Europe as an uneducated analphebet truly belive a woman going to the toilet at night begs to be raped. Asking for it. It is cruel, evil and typical leftist scum thinking to side with perpetrators.

• mimbler says:

Beyond common sense, it is now law that children can’t be held in detention with the parents.

So the choice is let the parents go so as not to separate them from their children which essentially makes our borders non existent, or

Detain the criminals, and humanely take care of their children elsewhere.

• Mia C says:

I was disappointed that several times she said the law should be changed to keep the families together. Since when do we keep criminals together with children? So once again all these illegals are going to be treated better than American citizens.
        –My brother was arrested for a DUI that harmed another person. We begged and pleaded with the courts not to jail him for the sake of his young children. He went to prison for 4 years of their young lives.
        –Yet all these illegal aliens who commit crimes go free, who cross our border illegally get Section 8 housing, schooling, free medical care, Obamaphones, EBT cards, school lunches and now college too.
        –I’m sick to death of the way our country priorities these burdensome illegals over US citizens.
        –My state of Tennessee provides free health care to the illegals and all welfare packages come in Spanish and English.
        –It’s not fair. I demand we treat illegals the same way we’re treated in Mexico. It’s unfair.

5. Dora says:

During the hearing, while listening to Wray babble on, Hubby turned to me and asked “Why did Trump ever nominate this man”?

“I don’t know”. But I’m disappointed.

• Mia C says:

Meh. I thought he did fine. He never trashed Trump as the Dems kept trying to bait him into doing.

• American says:

As much as I dislike Wray’s “company man” obstruction and agree with you that he’s going to be in danger of being fired and probably investigated like Rod will be in the near future, the real problem now is at the head of the DOJ. We need Rudy to take over the DOJ and go to work on these deep staters like he did with the NYC mafia.

• Your Tour Guide says:

Hat tip to “How to Succeed in Business (Without Even Trying)

Wray is our Mr Twimble

Twimble:
        I play it the company way
        wherever the company puts me
        there I stay

Finch:
        But what’s your point of view?

Mr Twimble:
        I have no point of view

Finch :
        Supposing the company thinks that…

Twimble:
        I think so, too!!

6. StanH says:

Lindsey Graham came out swinging, as did Kennedy. Cruz was on point as well.

7. George says:

I think now we can safely assume that the big three are playing for the other team.

8. TreeperInTraining says:

Lol.

Just for confirmation, I just did an internet search.

YouTube is littered with Graham asking those “hard hitting questions”. He grilled Hillz during the Benghazi hearing. Etc.

Again…for confirmation.

Won’t get fooled again.

9. I think there is no doubt that the Dems desperately want to throw Comey under the bus.

I think Comey is a screw-up and his actions were that of a screw-up but he was put in a difficult position by the ‘non-recusal’ recusal of Loretta Lynch. No-one else stepped up on the DOJ side. He’s not a black hat, nor a white hat. He’s a clown hat.

Whereas McCabe is a black hat through and through and would throw his baby under a bus if it helped him.

One of Comey and McCabe will be charged criminally. They’re flipping on each other, so I can’t see either of them flipping on someone higher up (Obama, Lynch, Brennan etc).

That bombshell about a Grand Jury based on what Horowitz said earlier isn’t necessarily true – it’s either Grand Jury, classified info or Title 3.

Horowitz is like a fire inspector whose job is to determine the temperature of a burning building. He’s not qualified nor does he have the remit to say that the building is on fire. He collects evidence but the scope of conclusions that he can draw is narrow.

Wray has a face I’d never tire of punching.

• The Boss says:

Think of it folks. Comey isn’t the only one riding under the back of the dem bus. Slick Willy is fair game, as we saw on Colbert and some other NBC interview last week or so. Hillary can’t be far behind, she is 100% toxic. There is a serious purge happening BY THE DEMS.

• Dutchman says:

Yes, that bus gonna start loosing traction, so many squashed bodies under it.
        A real problem, when you’ve got a seious uphill climb!

• Dutchman says:

Great analogy/description of IG’s responsibility/role. Hope EVERYONE gets that!
      Wray is the kind of mediocre scumbag that often rises within an organisation, cause he’s no threat to potential superiors.

• bkrg2 says:

Wow. 2 comments that made me LOL in one post!
      Clown hat and
      A face I’d never tire of punching

I had come to the conclusion after IG Report that Comey was neither black, white or grey hat. Is it ok if i use the perfect description of clown hat?

Well done!

• Oh….You would like to punch that sneer off his face? Me too……Lawd hep me.

10. Countrywatch says:

I was completely taken aback particularly by Wray, who seemed not to have the intelligence to understand the gravity of the situation that was being discussed. Is this really the man who is supposed to be completely overhauling the FBI and putting it on a sound footing again? I have to ask why on earth did President Trump choose him? (I assume he did).

• CPdesert says:

He is as inspiring as a wet noodle. Offering up “bias training”? What a joke. I lwould’ve laughed in his face if I had I been there.

• VeryMadDeplorable says:

Bias training for our best law enforcement officers at the FBI that are able to understand the details and nuances of 100,000+ laws on the books – now that’s a funny joke.

Wray could simply say I’m going to post FBI ethics rules and punishments on bias on our internal site and FBI that doesn’t certify and respond by an affirmative online signature that they have read and understood them in the next 7 days will immediately fired.

Riddle me this: If after all these people working for the FBI are so smart and so great! Why not treat them as such – instead of treating them like spoiled brat kids and requiring the FBI snow flakes to attend “bias training” (I guess Wray will hire Eric Holder like Starbucks did too).

• Kcarp says:

He sounded like he had an HR problem.

I work from home, every single year I have to take mandatory sexual harassment training. I haven’t seen a coworker in the 5 years I’ve worked with this company, so who am I going to harass? It’s completely meaningless. You sit there, click through the screens, then take the quiz and pick the logical answer.

That’s basically what he’s implementing.

• Bias training….LOL.

That’s like ethics training. One cannot learn ethics as an adult because you either got em, or you don’t.

Hey….I have an idea. No prison for armed robbers…..Let’s just send them to some ethics classes.

• George says:

Spot on. That smirk of his is too much. At least Horowitz came off as professional. Wray came off to me as someone who is not mature enough for the position.

• distracted2 says:

There’s a huge disconnect intellectually and emotionally. Wray is oddly removed from the entire situation. It’s almost as if he’s put the past into a separate box that doesn’t concern him, in his view.

• Kristin says:

I did have the same feeling here with Wray. Whatever happened was not on his watch.

• Maquis says:

Well, it was on OUR watch, and “we” hired him to fix it, not ignore it. It’s our Republic. Its fate is not a joke. Dude is obsessed about protecting his super special organization, but not concerned about the danger our Nation is facing because of his super special friends club?

Pathetic.

• Conservativeinny says:

I was thinking Peter Principal

• rudy1876 says:

Not to defend Wray, but maybe he’s the smartest one up there. Maybe he knows this is all bulls**t theatrics. Maybe he came in with bright eyes, high hopes, morals and energy, then had to work for all these other asses for a,few decades. He is a bit too blasé about the whole thing, but maybe he’s OK with retiring right now if he has to. IDK. Wouldn’t be the first person to have the humanity and decency beaten out of him by the bureaucratic idiocy of Big Government. Can the Fed Government really be cleaned up? Is it even possible anymore or are we delaying the “next stage” of democracy…it’s failure?

11. Dora says:

COMEY UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR HANDLING OF CLASSIFIED INFORMATION

Former FBI director James Comey is under investigation for mishandling classified information, DOJ inspector general Michael Horowitz revealed Monday.

He is specifically under investigation for his handling of memos he wrote about interactions with President Trump while FBI director.

• covfefe999 says:

Thank you!

• Rodney Plonker says:

What an idiot. Higher Loyalty ? Please. At least when Petraeus got busted, he got some tail that would normally be out of his league, but still not worth a career and reputation. At least he is human. What has Comey got to show for it : disdain from both sides..

• mr.piddles says:

And a book deal!

The CNN/MSNBC/NYT/WaPo/LiberalWhatever gig isn’t going to pan out though. Unless he can pull a Marv Albert out of his buttocks.

12. Alex50 says:

My B.S. detector usually gets pinned when either Sessions or Rothstein speaks. However today after listening to Horowitz and Wray it finally blew up.

13. gamecock123 says:

The Democrats tried their damnest to keep the Mueller investigation from being seen as anything but legit, that Trump and Guiliani telling facts about the corruption of Comey, McCabe, Strozk, and Page was to discredit the FBI and Mueller investigation…there’s only one problem, everything Trump said is true. Bottom line: The Russians nor Trump forced Hillary to use a private server. Hillary is a criminal. Trump is a law abiding citizen. The Democrats can not accept that basic reality.

• The Boss says:

Maybe Hillary being arraigned will help dems feel better. HA!

• cjzak says:

Good luck with that. They’ve set it up so she looks like the innocent bystander who inadvertently got hit and hurt by a car which was caused by others. If the email scandal is brushed aside, as it appears it might be, you know the fix is in. As someone earlier posted, Benghazi redux.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

“The Russians nor Trump forced Hillary to use a private server. ” -gc123

The Russians nor Trump forced Hillary to call tens of millions of Americans deplorable and irredeemable.

The Russians nor Trump forced Hillary to avoid serious campaigning in Michigan , Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

The Russians nor Trump forced Hillary to hobnob with the rich & famous instead of touring the country with personal appearances.

#Stop the Russian Witch Hunt Now!

• distracted2 says:

I found the Democrats’ talking points about Giuliani to be curious. Almost every one of them had a question or made a comment about Giuliani and his knowledge about Weiner’s laptop.

They all suggested that the FBI had tipped off Giuliani when it could just as easily have been SDNY or the NYPD, as he is well connected to both. This was a concerted effort to link Giuliani to the FBI. And I’d like to know why.

• mr.piddles says:

“everything Trump said is true”

Trump has two advantages: 1.) Sterling intuition. 2.) People telling him the straight poop on what’s going on.

14. L4grasshopper says:

Not a bad opening act. Hopefully the House members who will have the IG tomorrow, and just the IG I believe, will ask tougher questions of him, and perhaps a few followups on today’s questions.

I still want the IG asked this: “Mr. Horowitz….are you the author of the Exec Summary and Conclusions/Recommendations? If not, who is? If so, why do those two section not accurately reflect the facts and data contained in the intervening chapeters?”

• Amy2 says:

Horowitz is already towing the company line (sorry, had a previous corporate post) but it wouldn’t hurt for people to hear that the summary was written by…..

15. Dora says:

• Auntie Lib says:

Isn’t that direct evidence that decisions were made based on the bias of a member of the investigative team? WTH???

• GB Bari says:

You, I, and the rest of the clear thinking population would certainly think so but unfortunately we’re not making those prosecutorial decisions.

16. JX says:

(minor edits for clarity)

The lead investigator looking at Clinton on August the 8th, says we got to stop Trump.

Finding her liable criminally would be inconsistent with stopping Donald Trump.

If they found Hillary Clinton was criminally liable that paves the way for Donald Trump.

You cannot hold her criminally liable and stop him.

Gross negligent is a criminally liable standard. So if they had said it the way they originally wrote it, she’s guilty of a crime. And the reason they changed it is because she’s not guilty of a crime. And if you want to stop him it can’t be gross negligence!

— Lindsay Graham

• All Too Much says:

LG laid it out perfectly:
      They had to find HRC not chargeable. Otherwise, they guarantee a POTUS Trump.

• gustafus21 says:

Since when has Graham been interested in TRUTH? He’s a hack, always been a hack, and I do not think any of us have a clue what he’s up to. He loves to define himself as above the fray… omnipotent in his Solomon like qualities… but always plants a dagger in Trumps back.

Same for Gowdy….. I want to fast forward to see what’s been promised to Gowdy and Ryan.

These are demons… not heroes.

17. sunnydaze says:

This is on Cspan 1 right now. Don’t know if it’s a “start over” or ending.

18. More.Confused.Than.Before says:

I noticed in the hearing a Senator brought up a question that prompted the IG to say. It was people from NYPD office that went to the FBI withconcerns asking why aren’t they looking into the Weiner matter on the laptop. Does anyone know what happened to that NYPD whistleblower? The person/s seem to reveal the contents on the laptop to Gulliani allegedly. Is the whistleblower/s being protected? And why haven’t anything leak from what was on the laptop? I want to see the culprits go down in flames. President Trump came on the scene and disrupted the world order. I would all dark forces to be exposed. Does anybody remember Huma filed for divorce from Anthony but after Comey was fired and there was chatter about Hillary emails being re-opened. Huma changed her mind from the divorce. Did she do that to be shield for spousesal privilege to not testify against the other?

• CopperTop says:

My fear is he was promptly placed into an evaluation for fitness for duty and is on heavy meds for his ‘protection.

• permiejack says:

We do know that an officer was stalked and killed in NYC. President honored her a few weeks back. The touching photo of her grandmother clutching PTrump was the fallen officers grandmother. From info gotten here, she was one of the people that saw what was on the laptop.

• Kcarp says:

At this point imagine the worst possible reason for any of their actions and that’s probably correct.

19. Bing says:

We must all remember Horowitz, and Wray are just monitors. There is nothing they can do about any crimes. They need to be part of one of those lifelock commercials.

20. Echo says:

“I don’t use political (affiliations) to decide which agents work on a case” says Wray.

Well Mueller *does, so FBI and DoJ MUST have different policies on this. 🙂

* it’s statistically impossible for all the dozens of investigators on Mueller’s “team” to be anti Trump….yet that’s their background.

21. More.Confused.Than.Before says:

I was happy that the IG mentioned Comey is under investigation but something just came to mind. I notice for some odd reason all fingers are pointing to Comey without Lynch etc Do any of you believe they are investigating Comey to try and nail him because they are angry that he made the press briefing about Clinton that they insist caused Clinto the election? To us it may seem that they investigating him is great but I feel that for them it isn’t genuine they are doing it as payback to Comey for what they see as him causing Hillary the election. They are investigating him for handling classified information and using his Gmail account to conduct FBI work . How come they are not investigating Hillary for the same ? She did the exact same thing. She used her private email to conduct work related things.

• Cow wow says:

Yes I got the same impression. It piques my interest keenly to see what they turn up from the State Department investigation. Comey is certainly their voodoo pin doll for all the sins committed by the O administration, it seemed my takeaway from today’s hearing…so my radar was certainly pinged…stay tuned

• 4gypsybreeze says:

part 2? Seeing this IG report, I cannot wait for the second!

• Kcarp says:

I believe that Lynch and O had always planned for Comey to take the blame if they were found out. If you read the report Lynch made a big point of not talking to Comey at key times in order to keep herself “clean.”

They knew Comey is a nut job and would do stupid stuff.

22. wait a minute says:

Apparently lots of influential people read the CTH so I hope Sundance writes an article that contains the questions he has about this report. In bullet form. Preferably before the House committees start their goat roping session. Geez the majority of the questions asked were stupid and/or uninformed. Oh and make it printer friendly because god knows half of them will think pressing print will be too much effort.

23. “We can’t fix the rigged system … by relying on the very people who rigged it.”
    PDJT

We obviously do need to go through the discovery process that few realize is discovery of a different nature for a change. It’s the “illumination” of the kabuki theater and finally with a greater interest than those who pay attention anyway, including those who post here.

This bovine scat of “we’re fixing these issues internally” is pissing off even the most disinterested of Americans that hear about it. Let them watch a good bit of swampers like leahy and feinstein spin the crap out of things to attempt to make them “tolerable” for repair.

“leaks to help sway the election to Mr. Trump” MY ASS. Muh Russians. MY ASS.

What happened to this being about the krooked klinton email investigation?

Burn the see eye eh and feral bureau of insurrection to the ground and do NOT replace them with anything similar. Replace anyone that has been in CONgress for over one term. Period. Lifetime “federal mobsters”.

24. More.Confused.Than.Before says:

President Trump should put Horowitz to head up the FBI. Or in the AG position. Horowitz looked more confident, relaxed . Wray looked tense with anxiety and cane across odd. Wray behaved like he was scared to answer the questions he look fearful like he feared someone was watching his answers .

25. All Too Much says:

Mid Term Examination, I believe, designed HRC’s presidency as the second part of a term, defined by ideologic/political agenda. Never read any other explanation.

26. Pat Frederick says:

IIRC Nunes said he was brought the information about the Weiner laptop from an FBI whistle blower yet whichever Democratic blowhard brought it up, he said an FBI employee leaked to Nunes. In fact he wanted that investigated. So which is it? whistle blower or leaker?

• 4gypsybreeze says:

I noticed that also. Nunes claimed whistleblower. Which is different from an informant.

• GB Bari says:

Could be synonyms for the same person. Informant is more of an inside term; whistleblower is more of a general public term. Nunes was speaking to the electorate when he used that term.

Remember we are told that “informant” is an existing insider who voluntarily offers info to LE, whereas a “spy” is placed inside by LE (in this context) to find and report inside info..

27. AH_C says:

Test

28. rumpole2 says:

The moral of the story is….
    Even with all the political bias, criminal financial activity etc. IF they had just Indicted Hillary (sooner rather than later) nobody else would have suffered. Hillary may well have TRIED to drag others down with her, but everybody could have survived that if they abandoned the hag.

29. KBR says:

I wish Wray had been asked to list his chain of command. (It would be good for the Demoncrats to know that Wray knows.) His chain of command does not end with the AG. It does not end with the President. It ends with the people, we the people who, with our Electoral College, elected him president

Then I would ask him if he was willing to state that , we the people, the head of his chain of command, was (list each of the derogatory words used by Wray’s personnel?)

Wray would say no. I would then ask if it would be insuboordination for him to say such things in the course of his duties or in his workplace. He would say yes.

Then having established that calling your boss slanderous names during the course of your work is insuboordination, I would ask if the employees under him are not also in that same chain, and subject to that same rule of insuboordination, and how many are still saying similar things and whether their texts are being continually monitored for such insuboordination.

Then as a last punch, I would ask him whether he believes that, like Peter Strzok, he can “smell” supporters of President Donald J Trump.

30. Trent Telenko says:

Sundance,

I have not seen in mentioned in any of the news about the IG report, but there is a huge pile of documentation that will hang the FBI agents leaking classified information for pro-sports tickets from reporters and taint every investigation these people have been on that is still withing the statute of limitations.

It’s called Form OGE450.

See:

The Hatch act limits you to $50 in gifts a year and no instance of more than $25. (D.C. area sports tickets are a lot more than $25.)

Outside employment or attending a conference in an official capacity paid for by others also has to be reported.

Either these agents reported the gifts for the leaks and lied as to the value or they didn’t report at all.

A law man caught lying over money on a government form is embezzlement. That is a “Brady violation” and makes any investigation he or she contributed too “Fruit of a Poisoned Tree.”

Bets that these FBI Agent leakers are on Mueller’s investigative team?

• Perot Conservative says:

Today we learned it is at least 50.

Some took rounds of golf, which automatically is over your number on most nice places. Add drinks and lunch at 19th hole.

• Your Tour Guide says:

That alone should make it easier to narrow down.

Other agents might know who among them talks
        incessantly about hitting the links. Said persons might
        also be rather unpopular among their co workers.
        Never know.

31. daughnworks247 says:

Bottom Line!!!!!! We have an accord.
    Dems agree, the firing of FBI Director Comey was a brilliant decision by President Trump.

32. 4gypsybreeze says:

Sundance, I totally agree with you and your statement that the others did not read the report. Obvious by their questions. The recurring theme seemed to be the texts of FBI “lovers”, whether President Trump was exonerated (which I believe will come back and bite them on the rear), Rudy comments, and just the same questions being asked over and over. Waiting for tomorrow! I am going to make a comparison..of the people questioning both today and tomorrow. Today seemed to be a clutch of crows/buzzards. Tomorrow…. let’s see if it will be a more “lively” bunch. Me, I believe it will be!

33. Zimbalistjunior says:

Sorry to be obnoxious but can I give an overview And a prediction or two.
    I may be repeating myself.

Obviously and apparently the Law is the last thing on the swamps mind. It’s all politics by any means to paraphrase someone. If anyone there cares about diligent application of the law hrc and about 50 fbi members would be in jail already. A similar amount of deep staters from other alphabet agencies would be on their way too.

Mueller and co have put forward some of the most specious indictments, lacking in legal rationales that can possibly be done. But we assume that this simply more of the same: the same MO that he weissman et al have used in the past (see Enron etc). The key for them is not the law- it is politics. Pushing forward a narrative to get rid of the president by any means necessary.

On the white hat side there are countless legal avenues to pursue. Some are more Black letter law than others. It seems that the white hats have decided to pursue their angelic wings and only carefully and methodically pursue those cases which are pure as snow and assured of victory. That is nice but it ain’t winning politics.

Let us take one simple example. Mueller himself. He was informed by the IG of the strzok Page texts and fired them from his team within 2 weeks or so. Lovely. But even setting aside his not informing congress of these texts for many months (which perhaps contradicts his mandate on itself) let us consider that it seems that he never took the opportunity to interrogate the two lovers. He never put them in separate rooms and checked the accuracoes of their stories. He seems to have done nothin at all.

Is that obstruction of justice? Can we/ should we indict mueller right this very second for that dereliction of duty? Remember his mandate states that he shall pursue all matters arising from his probe. Surely the texts arise from his probe. And let’s get even stronger here: the texts showing seeming prejudice, conspiracy, electoral fraud etc by the lovers go to the very heart of the Russia probe itself: some of the texts indicate that the whole probe is but a fraud itself.

Would the white hats ‘win’ an obstruction of justice case against mueller? They may or may not. The answer would depend on numerous issues of law and fact which we could discuss forever and forever. Perhaps it would be disingenuous to bring such an action. Perhaps even unethical. I do not think so but I could understand the complications and fears by those who’d say so.

To which we should say pshaw. Or something even ruder. This is war. This is POLITICAL war. Charging mueller this thing would upend the apple cart (poisoned version) in many ways. It would probably end the probe right now. And maybe in 3 years there’d be a congressional hearing into why the white hats did what they did and it’s be swept under the rug much like the black hats like to do to everything.

Charging mueller for obstruction is but one avenue for the white hats. Heck they can charge anyone involved for that. Do some research on obstruction. See how vague it can be. Charge em all and if we win we win and if we lose we win. (See weissman and Arthur Anderson)

Sorry for being so long winded. But let’s try to think and act a little more cleverly and cruelly.

34. crazydawgg says:

Looking forward to seeing more about this article on Gateway Pundit. In a nutshell apparently highly classified information was passed between a top Clintoon campaign operative and Loretta Lynch

35. Paul says:

Thread from Stealth Jeff:

What does he mean: “2) special effort was taken to unseal Grand Jury evidence.”

Special effort by who?

36. G. Combs says:

GEE Congress Critters,
    Why don’t YOU do YOUR job
    and 1.) CHANGE THE LAWS to make it easy to get rid of bad actors in the Federal beauracracy
    and 2.) Get rid of the Federal Employees UNION!

As Grassley showed in his example in the beginning, Federal Employees can commit criminal acts and STILL be employed years later!! 🙄

37. xcontra says:

Sundance, have HPSCI gotten any of their subpoena documents yet today? Last night? Does anybody know? Nunes sounded mad as a hornet and ready to blow in the Bartiromo interview yesterday.

38. Troublemaker10 says:

• mr.piddles says:

“And it will press her to explain the discrepancy — along with why she reportedly asked former FBI Director James Comey to leave her office when he confronted her with the document.”

Well, that must be the specific “compromising information” that Comey hinted at.

Funny. Comey sits somewhere between sucky and suckiest.

39. rudy1876 says:

How come they never have have Hank Johnson up there asking questions? I’d watch that.

40. Newt Love says:

Starting at 53:30 in the 1st of the above memos, Senator Grassley bangs on FBI Dir Wray about his Agency.
    Wray attempts to use the “rank and file” agents as a cover for the malfeasance of FBI, and commits perjury by claiming that all of his SES employees will be brought in for personal training on this matter.

As a 40+ year Fed Govt Contractor, I’m here to tell you, that it is HIGHLY LIKELY that FBI Director Wray will bring in all FBI SES personnel to give them $50K or higher bonuses, with a 1 sentence recommendation to “keep their nose clean.”

FBI Director Wray is evil incarnate. If lying was cancer, Wray would be in stage 5 cancer, with only a few weeks to live.

41. American says:

Wray thinks he’s going to squash this before it gets out of hand. He has no idea that a reckoning is building which cannot be stopped.

42. Best Hearings ever!

I loved the way the Senators cornered Horowitz and Wray into admitting that Obama himself sent top secret emails to Hillary’s private email while she was in a foreign country which were found on Weiner’s laptop.

Bravo for our side!