As anticipated the majority of the Senate Judiciary hearing was a two-step.  Most of the questions presented to Inspector General Horowitz and FBI Director Chris Wray did little to advance the understanding of the issues at hand.  There was only one round of questions, several missing senators, and no senators for the duration. The hearing wrapped up early shortly after 5:00pm.

Here’s the only three question segments that approached the central issues.  We discover that former FBI Director James Comey is the subject of an ongoing investigation.  We also discover there is a grand jury impaneled.

Senator Lindsey Graham:

Senator John Kennedy:

Senator Ted Cruz:

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Election 2018, FBI, IG Report Clinton Investigation, IG Report FISA Abuse, IG Report McCabe, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

661 Responses to IG Hearing: Senator Lindsey Graham, John Kennedy and Ted Cruz Question Segments….

1. magatrump says:

Thanks SD. Excellent summary. Excellent work.

2. Li'l D in the Big D says:

If you mean Senator Kennedy not following through, he had no choice inasmuch as IG Horowitz refused to engage due to classified info.

3. zooamerica says:

4. Bogeyfree says:

After seeing Wray’s testimony today if I were Trump, I’d pen a quick letter.

Dear Director Wray,

You serve at the pleasure of the President of the United States. After your testimony today you no longer please me or 65M Americans who expect you to enforce the law of this land and not conducting training seminars so I expect your letter of resignation on my desk by 8:00 am.

PDJT

5. nerveman says:

McCabe said Comey was briefed on the Weiner laptop. Comey says he isn’t sure when he heard about it because it was a flyby briefing. That is like ignoring an atom bomb related to your biggest PR case ever. Just the words alone would have set Comey’s hair on fire. Give me a break.

• DJ says:

Comey also stated that at that initial briefing, he didn’t think he knew that Weiner was Abedin’s husband. Which certainly has to be another lie.

But in any event, after reviewing the draft copy of the IG report, McCabe then stated that instead of a “fly by” briefing, he actually gave Come a full report on what he knew at the time. This rebuttal can be found in footnote 180 on page 328. of the report. Horowitz fails to acknowledge this in his testimony shown above.

• Wray testified that Comey claimed that he was only informed about the Weiner lap top ‘on the fly’. What hog wash. Surely Comey saw on the news or got tweets about the lap top and what it may contain. He didn’t have the investigative curiosity to ask further about something this HUGE?

• Mickturn says:

This new info about MORE Hitlery emails just didn’t fit Comey’s agenda…to let her off no matter what!

6. jstanley01 says:

Wow, I’m ready to take back everything bad I ever said about Sen. Graham. Almost… 😀

• MEEE TOO!
      I like the way Senator Graham is asking smart questions. I hope he continues and holds their noses in the stinkpot!

• huecowacko says:

Yeah, kind of reminds me of the Lindsey Graham who was one of the House Managers for the Clinton Impeachment proceedings in the ’90s, but then he may be just looking ahead a little early for 2020 reelection. He’s just been a McCain disciple too long for me to take him seriously, although he did do a good job in the video.

• GB Bari says:

Miss Lindsay knows he can’t obfuscate now that so much damning information is public. Don’t ever think he’s changed his allegiance to the Globalist Multinationals; he’s just had a “come to Jesus” awakening by Mark Sanford’s thorough stomping in the primary. This is election-aware CYA.

But I’ll take it for now since Grahamnesty is a enemedia favorite and this eliminates one of their reliable NeverTrump Republican sources at least on this particular report.

• Kaco says:

I do not like nor trust Lindsay Graham, however, he may be useful at this moment.

• 6x47 says:

Almost every elected official has at least one or two issues they’re good on; the best are good on most things.

Lindsey Graham is an immigration squish, and has strong neocon tendencies on foreign policy, BUT he’s really good here.

Ted Cruz is pretty good on almost everything except trade, where he leans globalist.

I don’t know much about Senator Kennedy, except that he commanded PT-106 in the Gulf War, and was impersonated by Lee Harvey Osmond in Houston, TX.

7. DeWalt says:

Wray acted like he wanted to say, Hold on to your hats because we have a hellava surprise in store for you.

• skifflegirl says:

I’ve been very frustrated with Sessions, Rosenstein & Wray. Really at my wit’s end. But something that President Trump said during his front lawn interview with Fox & Friends, something to the effect, “don’t worry, Director Wray is doing a great job cleaning up the FBI…” didn’t make much sense to me. I don’t expect a daily report on the status of the clean up but it’s so filthy dirty and swampy, I’d like a little bit of intel. Well…

Seeing Wray today, and knowing that the President still thinks highly of him, I’m going to be a little more patient. I really liked the way Christopher Wray emphasized, “..no matter how much I’d like to tell you…”

8. Kent says:

Comment deleted by Admin…

9. DeWalt says:

Couldn’t watch the whole thing. Did any one ask Wray what the hell was he talking about at his press conference?

• GB Bari says:

Not in that manner. They basically questioned how all of the examples they quoted from the report could not be interpreted as bias, plus other questions regarding conflicting statements by McCabe and Comey. Wray pretty much weaseled out of providing direct answers.

10. johneb18 says:

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say we got ’em on the run… And maybe Horowitz is not coming to the conclusion that bias was what caused the FBI to tank the MYE, but rather ‘instructions’ to tank the MYE ‘matter.’ Just a hunch.

• Mickturn says:

It has been obvious to a lot of us for some time the FBI and DOJ Thugs were ORDERED to do what they did by Obama. Whether he said it outright or intimated it or gave the ‘look’ like the God Father did in the movie or whatever, that is what happened! The fact that they were all ‘In on it’ and Biased is part of the Lib Methodology and thinking! (PERIOD!)

11. G. Combs says:

Just a thought. Wasn’t the question asked of IG Horowitz BY THE DEMOCRATS whether there was any bias AGAINST Hitlery?

If that is the question he is answering then it sheds a completely different light on the answer IG Horrowitz gave.

(I would look but I can barely get a page to load. I think the internet is on FIRE!)

12. MTK says:

Senator Cruz nails it. Listen to Director Wrey responce. It is a Memorex moment, was that a oops he almost added after saying Yes.

13. treehugger says:

regarding LL i have notes that debbie was in contact with LL and that she had said @ she is not going after hillary and then emailed this statement to leonardo bernardo (soros ) and that email is on her computer that the capital police have

14. What a sad day when its possible Rosenstein and Mueller and perhaps Wray, Horowitz and Sessions (albeit by perceived inaction) can facilitate the take down of a duly elected President.
    And now, many Tree Huggers and Branch Hangers (myself included) are putting all our faith and hope in Huber – – – just as we did with Horowitz.

• skifflegirl says:

You are not alone. I do not have faith in Huber. No one knows much about his history other than he prosecuted violent criminals. Dr. Jerome Corsi has reported in his research that Huber has conducted long investigations and then has shown a tendency not to prosecute. The Hill quoted a DOJ source saying that Huber was “window dressing.” Sigh…

• Kaco says:

I’m not even going to bother getting my hopes up about Huber based on how this turned out. It’s way less gutting.

15. Padric says:

For those who spotted the Sen. Kennedy reference to Amanda Rentera, I’m going to advise a bit of caution here. I’ll link to an article after this paragraph that spells it out, but the long and short of it is that the FBI got word that the Russians had documentation that Lynch told the Clinton campaign person, Amanda Rentera, that she had instructed the DoJ to not go too deep into their investigation of the HRC email. The FBI never saw or found the email and determined it was fake. BUT, even though Comey knew his people thought it was likely a fake, current and former FBI people say he relied on it as one of the biggest driving forces as to why he made his July 5 announcement. He was afraid that if Lynch was the one who announced no charges and then the document became public, no one would think it was a legit investigation. So it’s likely that Kennedy was referencing Comey’s claims with that question. Here is the article:

Now, all that said, someone bringing dubious the FBI Russian docs sounds for all the world like Christopher Steele and makes me wonder if this wasn’t a pre-Dossier involvement from him, since it came to the FBI in March 2016, just one month before Fusion GPS hired him. IF and that’s a big if, it did come from him then it directly undermines Comey’s and Schiff’s claims that Steele was reliable in the past.

And on an ironic note, the above article was co-written by our old friend Devlin Barrett so at least we know he actually has FBI sources that’ll talk to him. LOL

• Newhere says:

In 2017 testimony, Comey referenced a DNC email that discussed a conversation between Lynch and Renteria in which L assured R that the Clinton investigation wouldn’t go too far.

Only LATER did the FBI leak to their favorite WP “journalist,” linked above, that Comey messed up because they’d already determined the email was “fake” and more “Russian meddling.” Renteria parroted same. Ah, sure.

Kennedy mentioning today an exhibit in the classified index containing an email discussing a conversation between Lynch and Renteria would seem to be a direct reference to the email Comey mentioned, suggesting what he said was more likely legitimate.

Or, we could just go with “the Russians did it.”

• johneb18 says:

On the day this broke, I remember reading on CNN.com that Comey had based his decision on this, and within an hour it was pulled and I couldn’t find it again.

• Pat Frederick says:

but none of this explains why the email would be in the classified section of the report now. if this all came out during the investigation (or at least last year) why would the actual email be classified?
        the only explanation i can think of is, the email might be evidence in another case…or it is so embarrassing to someone…or Mueller is trying to use it?

• Mickturn says:

Items get moved from unclassified to classified or are redacted from documents for many reasons…usually because it embarrasses someone in the Swamp and these methods are the quickest way to stop it! From the history Sundance has revealed numerous times here, it is clear that all of the Swamp Creatures use this technique every time to CYA!

16. Disgusted says:

Thank You to two men I once wanted to see never again. Senator Cruz and Senator Graham! Only these two men came to those microphones to work today. They made mincemeat of the creeps they were questioning. Wray is disgusting. Dear President Trump, WHY WRAY? WHY WRAY? WHY WRAY?

17. thedoc00 says:

There is one notion I keep in mind, which keeps me thinking the President will not let this conspiracy pass without criminal charges or at least very key Democrats and Democrat Party Operatives being publicly ruined. Donald Trump is a builder at heart, who will not abide buy his work being undone after he leaves office by the likes of Obama and Clinton cronies, unless there is absolutely no other choice.

18. Ackman420 says:

Why didn’t HRC face prosecution for obstructing justice? 1505? Was this not part of the scope? She clearly destroyed subpoenaed evidence. That’s a slam dunk. No intent required.

19. Kaco says:

I do not agree and cannot comprehend how the IG does not see their political bias effecting their decision making, it’s written all over Comey’s insubordination, for one. How else can they explain his decisions to exonerate Hillary?

Where is the investigation of this so-called “insurance policy” anyway? Fusion GPS, the set-ups with Russians, British intelligence, etc. Will it be part of the FISA investigation or is that one strictly about FISA warrants?

Why aren’t they investigating everything that has ties to the insurance policy? Fusion GPS, British intelligence Russian meeting baits and set-ups to frame, etc.

I’m probably not asking this right but are we to pretend that the insurance policy was just talk or are they taking their statements serious to investigate what they mean by it, the we will stop Trump, and the statement after the election how he did what he could?

• Cliff says:

I think that Horowitz did an excellent job of shooting straight down the middle. He is keeping his investigation credible, which it is. I believe that the rest of your questions will be answered as this plays out, and your intuition is accurate.

• 6x47 says:

When Horowitz says “no bias”, he means that the prosecutor’s decision BASED ON THE EVIDENCE PRESENTED by the investigators. We know the investigators were very biased in what they collected and presented, and how they strenuously avoided collecting evidence of felonies and granted immunity to people who otherwise would have been in serious jeopardy.

In essence, Horowitz absolved the prosecutors while stating the investigators in effect lied.

• Mickturn says:

My problem is that no one with a grain of sense would write down or document their illegal actions. That is what GrandJury’s are for, to discern their ‘INTENT’ in doing illegal things! The IG is just playing Lawyer…’I did not see it written down so I can’t say that the actions were illegal’ but …(My words for the IG), what they did bordered on Treason if not the act itself. I leave it to the Courts and Jury’s to sort this out, I did my job in digging all of this out and presenting it!

Think of it as a CPA. Well the money is missing and you can’t explain it, I can’t say you stole it because there is no audit trail and I didn’t see you do it, but it certainly smells like it!

• Well, I do not think that the IG has missed all those actions of Bias. He acknowledges this.

His twist is that the Bias was shown by FBI agents. However, it was not FBI agents who decided whether or not to prosecute. This decision was made by the prosecuting attorneys. Therefore, the outcome was not affected by that bias.

Is that reasoning hogwash?

Yes, I think so.

20. For years, through Fast&Furious, Benghazi, IRS, ATF and on and on we have been placated by Congressional questioning, hearings and grandstanding yet: no charges, no trials, no nothing.

My heart no longer leaps in hopes of bringing integrity back within our government. No longer is this a government of the people, by the people and for the people. My heart is broken, my faith is lost.

21. 6x47 says:

I was very pleased that the three Senators thanked IG Horowitz for his excellent work but rejected the absurd conclusion there was “no bias” and the investigation was not impacted.

I hope the members of the House “tag team” so they can in effect pursue an entire line of questioning across multiple questioners, and not waste time covering the same issue repeatedly.

22. Bugsdaddy says:

So, who the heck is “Amanda Rentaria”???

• Mickturn says:

In simple words, a Democrap Political Hack that is heavily linked to Hitlery! What else do we need to know?

• MSO says:

There is a blurry video that portends to show Amanda Rentaria on the tarmac with Bill Clinton walking to Loretta Lynch’s plane.

23. MSO says:

With all the compliments given to the OIG, it becomes clear that there are no Limbaugh listeners or at least not intelligent listeners. Were it otherwise, these congressmen would open their question time with the word ‘dittos’.

24. wolfrom1 says:

Thank you sundance. I was unable the see the hearing and appreciate your summary. The tree house is an amazing group of knowledge, not found anywhere else. I have a question that I haven’t heard asked… What would the legal implications have been, if Comey had found Hillary guilty. How would this affect the election?

25. Glenn Thomas says:

Would someone on the Senate Committee please ask all the “bigwigs” in the FBI, where in the law that states ANYTHING about “intent”, concerning handling classified information! (Hillary’s E-mails)