Chairman Devin Nunes Discusses Final Report on Russian Active Measures….

Chairman Devin Nunes calls in to Fox News for an interview with Neil Cavuto to discuss the HPSCI report on Russian active measures (pdf also below):

fyi, late last night I decided to reset all assumptions about the ‘small group’ and go back to the beginning of the Lisa Page and Peter Strzok texts and re-read every single message that has been released.  *Note* it takes, at a very minimum, six hours to chronologically review every document containing their messages. I’m writing up a summary of that review today.

This entry was posted in Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, FBI, media bias, Russia, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

328 Responses to Chairman Devin Nunes Discusses Final Report on Russian Active Measures….

1. wolfmoon1776 says:

True Detective Award issued for the following:

fyi, late last night I decided to reset all assumptions about the ‘small group’ and go back to the beginning of the Lisa Page and Peter Strzok texts and re-read every single message that has been released. *Note* it takes, at a very minimum, six hours to chronologically review every document containing their messages. I’m writing up a summary of that review today.

Had to say this before reading ONE WORD more.

2. Thanks SD for all the hard work you do, it is much appreciated! God bless.

3. FL_GUY says:

Thanks for the hard work of studying the evidence and taking the time to write up analyses that anyone can understand. This situation with the attempted and currently attempted coupe is one that EVERY American needs to know and understand. This is America’s Never Again moment. Your efforts are helping We the People to know the criminals behind it and understand what they did and are trying to do. Knowledge is Power; knowledge is the Key to Winning. Thank you!

• Cow wow says:

And keep praying, including for SD

• menolikekoolaid says:

Every American should know. But millions of them (D and R both) love party or power more than country.

• fred5678 says:

I’ve said this a few times before — average Americans, and ESPECIALLY liberals, will need a good old fashioned movie in order to understand and believe the attempted coup.

And only when the film is reduced to a 10 minute summary video to play on their mobile devices!!!!!

• Tegan says:

Fred…bingo! Or, perhaps better yet…cartoon style movie.

• I ‘thought’ I replied to this here but I’m not seeing it. I don’t want to litter the board with a duplicate and so I’ll see if I can find it somewhere.

Short form: I WHOLLY agree with you..maybe it was omitted because it may have seemed a plug for a work that I’m currently doing (at the pace of a sloth)

• WEll I saved it and am trying againand either it was deliberately yanked or it did not go through…I’ll see in a moment as I repost it

Fred, I think nearly the same thing every day.

BECAUSE of our ‘education’ system, our ‘educated’ are as ignorant of reality and truth as the pagans to whom Christ spoke in parables of the most basic and simple of truths.

The whole reason for the ‘based on completely false representation of Christianity’ resistance movement is because most people do not know that our Christian foundation is the ONLY one in history that allowed anyone of any religion to come here, but once they saw its link with our nation’s common sense, common courtesy, family focus and clear purpose and dignity for each individual, it gave to every day life,, they often responded with either gracious, accepting tolerance or even conversion.

Nobody had to evangelize because the golden rule was so strongly acted out and families were the best messengers.

Go forward to today when just a little investigation of the true goal of socialism/globalism/communism exposes the narrative having overtaken our anti-America public education and institutes of higher learning.

It EXPRESSLY explains that family and Christianity must be wiped out if you want submissive zombies and sheep.

You have no need to investigate further of how the people, now educated through omitted and revised history, have become such intolerant and easily led sheep mobs.

But you are right, Fred. They are now such simpletons that we have to do as the left does, ENTERTAIN.and ENTHRALL.

Preaching and lecturing is actually something that their limited attention spans and victim/defensive attitudes cannot tolerate AT ALL. Because of the taught ‘choose your victim identity’ into which they have been led, they listen for ‘triggers’ and have no clue that the OMITTED and REVILED message that opposes their brainwashing is the message that ignites their passion and their TRUE identity, the life with potential and the ability to be both a unique individual AND a strong community patriot that can lead and inspire.

Films, ILLUSTRATED stories (for adults we need illustrations too now – and I’m not off because those snowflakes are buying 12 – 24 DOLLAR ‘coloring books’ for therapy. WE see how the left sees their putzes), good, solid entertainment.

Like you I KNOW that we have mega talent.

Sundance is just the gift from ABOVE in these times.

Small aside to mention prayers please for Alfie’s family and hte battle that Christian and CHRISTIAN MINDED Britains are fighting.

God bless this site and all you good hearted and courageous people.

• Question asked and answered.

Posted it again and it was removed.

My apologies to whomever found it inappropriate or too off topic.

I’ll hopefully allowed one excerpt:

Preaching and lecturing is actually something that their limited attention spans and victim/defensive attitudes cannot tolerate AT ALL. Because of the taught ‘choose your victim identity’ into which they have been led, they listen for ‘triggers’ and have no thought to even read the OMITTED and REVILED message that opposes their brainwashing .

Life with potential and the ability to be both a unique individual AND a strong community patriot is what would answer every ‘lost’ person’s question about their purpose.

Films, ILLUSTRATED stories and good, solid entertainment.

Like Fred, I KNOW that we have mega talent.

Sundance is just the gift from ABOVE in these times.

Small aside to mention prayers please for Alfie’s family and the battle in Britain.

God bless this site and all you good hearted and courageous people.

4. Brainiac says:

Looking forward to seeing it!

5. wolfmoon1776 says:

Something about Neil Cavuto’s questions just bothers me, and I can’t put my finger on it. It’s almost like he’s been given a list of questions, he has to get through them, and he’s not listening to the answers.

• Garrison Hall says:

Cavuto’s questions, while not exactly “scripted” word-for-word are nonetheless “formatted” and developed to fit within a tight frame. He has a sizable production staff working behind the cameras that develops his show. His job is to fit into their format which is why he sometimes seems a bit stilted.

• Mark McQueen says:

Good post. This is the case with the vast majority of TV interviews. There is a specific time slot and the interviewers try to fit as many questions into that slot as they can. Not to say there aren’t agendas behind the questions sometimes, of course, but most of the time they are racing against the clock.

• Mark McQueen says:

I think it’s also fair to suggest interviewees be prepared accordingly. If you tend to ramble, you are going to get cut off.

• H.R. says:

Mark McQueen: “Not to say there aren’t agendas behind the questions sometimes, of course, but most of the time they are racing against the clock.”

Both. The YSM jurinalists (Swedish pronunciation) are racing against the clock to advance their agenda; always. The “news” is not “news.” It is seconds or minutes of opportunity to advance the socialist agenda. EVERY topic has now been politicized, from weather to “Aww, gee… How cute!” reports. It is ALL to advance a socialist agenda.

• Mark McQueen says:

Well I threw that in there because it’s true but the main point was these aren’t really interviews. They are Q&A and that is the format. People complain they don’t give time to answer the questions. No, you’re not going to get 2 min. (probably a lot less time than that) to answer one question in an 8 min. time slot. That is to be expected.

• Toenail says:

IMO Cavuto sometimes has a hard time knowing what the CoC meant when they sent the questions.

• It was mentioned yesterday that one of the reasons that Comey came 20 minutes late to FOX was because he knew of this time limitation and intended to cut them off accordingly.

• TtotheD says:

Cavuto is not equipped for this type of interview, it was a waste of Nunes’ time. Additionally he doesn’t understand MAGA and Trump at all and is constrained by business as usual BS.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Oh, you’re familiar with Neil’s work then? Ha, ha. He is a jerky jerk face with a clear Globalist agenda.

• NJF says:

He’s a passive aggressive hack. I used to like him, and then I started noticing his passive aggressive routine.

The clincher? The day after Trump won the nomination he gave Marc Cuban an open mic on his show for about 30 minutes. Never watched him again.

• spren says:

You reflect my feeling about Cavuto exactly. I used to really like him and looked forward to his Saturday morning hour show. But something happened to him. He is now such a curmudgeon. Call him Debbie Downer or something like that. I saw him interviewing a Republican congressman this past week, and out of the blue he asks “Do you think that Trump is holding Republicans back?” implying that Republicans are threatened in the mid-terms due to Trump! How could anyone even come up with something like that? If anything, the exact opposite is the case. Republicans have so infuriated their base that the only chance they have is due to Trump.

I also now try to avoid Cavuto at every turn. Stu Varney is great but once Cavuto comes on at noon, I have to change the channel, usually to Outnumbered. But then, when they have either Marie Barf or Jessica Tarlov on, I have to go to National Geographic or something like that because these two Democrat stooges have nothing to add except lies and strictly spouting their Democrat party scripts. Harf is lying if her lips are moving, and Tarlov has some weird affliction with how her jaw juts to the side and doesn’t allow her lips to ever align while she is talking. Fox has really gone downhill since the ouster of Ailes and the takeover by the younger Murdochs.

• I could have written this post! Neil Cavuto used to be one of my favorites! Then I started calling him “Grumpy Neil”. He was always mad about everything. It became pretty clear he wasn’t a fan of our POTUS. Don’t recall exactly what it was that was the final straw, but turned him off at that point and haven’t watched since. Like Stu Varney too and Lou Dobbs, but Lou’s been out a lot, with health issues I believe, and I disagree with some of his commentary lately. Laura Ingraham can drive me crazy because she has guests on, then wants to be the only one talking! Sean is so full of himself anymore, it’s hard to watch. And yes, they all seem to want Harf and Tarlov on, at which point I turn the channel.

• Actually, around the time of early Obama, there was also an article showing that part of FOX had been sold to a Dubai Fatcat. That is when I really noticed the turn of direction. Long before Trump.

• Sylvia Avery says:

You know Sundance’s thing about how once you see the puppet strings you can’t unsee them?

This is a little like that. There is something about Donald Trump becoming President that has caused people to pull off their masks and reveal what lies beneath.

One of those for me was Neil Cavuto. I was never an avid watcher but I did watch him occasionally and I liked him well enough. But after the election, he is one of many that I watched and either their mask had dropped or I saw them with new eyes and it was shocking.

And once you see the real Neil Cavuto, or Bret Baier, or Stephen Hayes, or Jonah Goldberg (I could go on and on) you just cannot unsee it.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“There is something about Donald Trump becoming President that has caused people to pull off their masks and reveal what lies beneath.”

Amen sister. It is not only people – organizations as well. I never could “put my finger on” why I did not like Eric Erikson before PDJT ran for President. When he would fill in for Rush, I would turn it off. Much preferred Mark Steyn to fill in for Rush.

Ephesians 2:2 ” ………according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

• Convert says:

Yep. And there are millions of us….

• He actually behaved quite a bit like Meghan. I actually taped his complete coverage of the Inauguration with his narrating and there was ZERO joy. While there was some ‘objective’ narrative there was more than a bit of – on the day of and while it was going on inauguration – discussing all the obstacles and widely presumed weaknesses of this outsider.
          There was zero graciousness.

• This was akin to Meghan Kelly, while on FOX, inviting Michael Moore in for a mutual lovefest as she let him bash away on Trump.

• Howard Cosell says:

Now that’s what I call straight shooting description. Two thumbs up!!

• Jim in TN says:

It is not just that he has to ask his questions, but more like he can not allow the conversation to go certain places. That is why he talks over Nunes, and refuses to hear, saying that is getting in the weeds.

• Phlipper says:

Me as well. As if he wants to believe collusion over hearing answers to his questions. Nunes seemed a bit more calculated in his responses than normal too.

• If you watch Cavuto’s coverage of President Trump’s inauguration you will see that he was preoccupied with how TRump would be obstructed at every pass and likely would have an endangered presidency. There was no exclaiming at the absolutely gobsmacking wonder of his election over such openly corrupt obstruction.

His objectivity went out the window with Trump’s election and though I think he might struggle to be fair he is inside the beltway and it’s clear that the contagion has infected him too strongly.

Hannity, who I know many of you condemn, but who I will forever honor because of his earlier, daily, weekly, monthly championing of the TErri Schiavo scandalous murder by corrupt judiciary and atheis ‘compassion’, has more than once said that almost nobody on FOX staff sides with him. He doesn’t whine about it, he just merely says that they have a completely different viewpoint and he’s a workaholic.

• Everett Miller says:

I’m on Hannity’s side, but he makes it so hard–constantly spewing his memorized list of the moment–recounting in general buzzwords the crimes, repeating the names, recalling the issues, list by list. All of which is made even more painful by the ‘when’ of his regurgitating; it’s always by interrupting his guests, and usually to miss-direct and interfere with some important and new point or nuance being made–by the likes of Joe DiGenova, or his incredible wife Victoria. Hannity goes re-cocked again and totally misses or obfuscates the real point being made.

However–I’m still on his side because, with all his faults, he is earnestly supportive of the ‘Right’ side; he is unabashed in support of the VSGDJT; he is trying as hard as he can to wake people up generally as to ‘what’s going on here’; he works all day to make this world a better, safer place for God-fearing, Freedom loving, Patriots.

• Donzo says:

Hannity most certainly deserves credit for continuing to report this story. His problem is the way he goes about it with incessant repetition that makes you want to tear your hair out. It is so far over the top that it is a wonder he keeps with the same talking points to this day.

• I guess that because I listen to him onradio too and I’ve heard others like O’Reilley express respect for him coming up against a barrage of obstruction that I give him a pass for trying to (and sometimes too hard ) make sure that the direction of the narrative is not stolen…or that in the amount of time he has people don’t ramble before he can get to a point he finds more significant.

These guys have to be on major adrenaline to be taking on the Goliath like this and because I personally do not think I have the self-restraint yet I give them a pass.

🙂

• jackphatz says:

You can easily put your finger on Cavuto’s NeverTrump status. It drips, it reeks, he would have been a natural at RedState.

• Ditch Mitch says:

Kaputo is a MSM hack. Got his talking points (i.e., questions) scripted as you suggest.

• GerryG says:

Agree, and he tends to be condescending….It’s as if he’s mainly interested in what he has to stay, and follow up questions not so good.

• Sandra-VA says:

Cavuto is very good friends with Ann Romney – they both have MS. Which explains why Cavuto is an obvious NeverTrumper.

• I believe he’s also schooled in one of those high tuition (zero independent, curious, journalist INtuition) brainwashing institutions AND the insidious commie journalism pits of LOWEST learning

• L4grasshopper says:

Cavuto is a NeverTrumper. You need to keep this in mind as you watch him operate.

• Don’t forget that Cavuto has some serious health issues. He is a cancer survivor and has MS, at least that’s what been reported about him. Aside from that he is a Never Trumper all the way. I’m surprised he wasn’t nastier than he was with Devin, but then again, I suppose he didn’t want to mess with him.

6. fred5678 says:

Pulitzer Prize in the offing — even if unsought.

7. ImHopeful says:

Sundance, cannot thank you enough for your diligence and patience. You do amazing work, and many of us find hope and inspiration from your research and writings, and from others here at your site.

8. missilemom says:

Getting emails from Nunes reelection campaign. Saw somewhere today that his race went from likely Republican to a toss up. If you can support him, please do.

• Steve in Lewes says:

First off, projecting something out for November is a fool’s errand; so much can happen between now and then. Polls now are useless talking points most likely used to generate cash and nothing to do with votes/performance. That said, I don’t doubt that the libs really hate Nunes’ and will focus on him just to make a point. Devin is a smart guy, I’m sure he is well aware of what they will try to do to him. I’m sure when it gets closer to elections, and that scenario becomes more believable, PDJT will campaign for him and do what he can to help him, if need be.

• distracted2 says:

He’s raised a ton of money already. That’s not to say he won’t need more. However, even though he’s not in my district, I am close by and I am not worried about his re-election. We are red through and through in the Central Valley.

• missilemom says:

That is good news: I am a Texan who thinks Devin Nunes has done a courageous service to this country without the backing of many of his Republican colleagues. I will support him on Twitter, here and with my $.

9. Elle says:

looking forward to your summary

10. DanO64 says:

Should be good. Perhaps a new line of inquiry will surface. I still don’t believe they were bumping uglies. Maybe Lisa was sent in intentionally to “out” the small group.

11. M33 says:

That interviewer is annoyingly dismissive. Plus he looks like he just woke up from 2 hour sleep after partying too hard the night before.

12. Deplorable_Infidel says:

Tracy Beans released an alternative, fairly well researched (with the references she used to arrive at her conclusion) theory yesterday.

Speculating Friday: The Special Counsel

Skip to 8:52 to pass the intro- As of the time of this upload, I have officially been blocked by Dan Bongino. My Friday is ruined. LoL. Whoops….

Basically she says that because Mr. Mueller and Mr. Rosenstein visited Trump Tower (and Mr. Mueller could not have been interviewing for the FBI director job by law) the day before RR appointed RM the SC, the actual “witch hunt” is for HRC, etc.

We don’t know who else may have been present at the meeting at TT in NYC, or what kind of “leverage” PDJT has on RR & RM. Most likely it is uranium one. Mueller’s team is stacked with partisans to control and keep an eye on them, as well as deflect suspicion away from their true goal.

Well, I guess time will tell who is right. For me, it is a coin toss because there is compelling evidence for both positions. I have not viewed something Dan Bongino mentioned earlier this week. It was a segment on FNC between Martha MacCallum and Andrew Nepolitano.

• Jim in TN says:

If you do not already know that Mueller is as messed up as Comey, than it may make sense to have him come back and clean up Comey’s mess. Even if that takes an act of Congress.

But you do not necessarily need to want to hire him. Again, if you do not know Mueller is a black hat, you can still interview him for his advice on cleaning up Comey’s mess, maybe even on who should replace Comey.

Or if you do know Mueller is a Comey partisan, you may ask his advice so you can avoid his traps.

It is weird. It almost sounds like people are saying that even talking to Trump was illegal.

Think of all the crimes people are accusing Trump of committing. Blackmail. Obstructing an investigation of himself. Interfering to force an investigation of his opponent. And surely racketeering, or true criminal collusion, can be thrown into that mix.

Why this brilliant scheme requires him to be Hillary Clinton.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Please explain to me why the law prevents asking Congress for another exception.”

It does not. As Sen. Grassley explains, it does not make getting an exception easy and only with much deliberation.

• Steven says:

Hoover made Congress very nervous when he went after many of its members. So, of course, the Congress would limit the term of FBI director to 10 years with many loops to jump through for an exemption.

• DanO64 says:

The “witch hunt” was not an accident. It’s Hillary.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

I have read your link and downloaded it for reference a while ago, as well as remembering way back when Rep. Gohmert spoke about Mr. Mueller on the floor of the House.

Who says that Mr. Mueller was not given the alternative of cooperating or winding up at Guantanamo Bay?

Why did Feliz Sater present that real estate deal to Michael Cohen in Dec. 2015? Why does everyone (except for Gen. Michael Flynn) have ties to the Democrats, Russia/Ukraine and/or the FBI that the SC is going after?

The frame job included injecting multiple people into the Trump campaign. It is possible they were not even aware of being “used” by HRC/DNC and GOPe as part of the conspiracy to frame PDJT.

• It seems to me the bad guys would be on to Mueller and Rosenstein at this point. If Mueller had been flipped I think the whole thing would’ve gone down before now.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“I think the whole thing would’ve gone down before now.”

We have dug deep into FBI/DOJ; however, there is a fountain of information to uncover at the State Department that we have barely scratched the surface of. Things came from State into the FBI/DOJ.

It is probably deeper and more complex than we realize. Just the Clinton Foundation with it’s world-wide money laundering operation is going to take thousands of man-hours to compile.

A lot of the shadow government/deep state actors hiding behind secrecy has to be dealt with. Perhaps with selective declassification of documents by the President. As Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) as said, there is NOTHING official -it was all done on “back channel” unofficial connections to contacts in the U.K., etc.

• T.L.T. says:

Note, I searched Drudge for “Gohmert”. I found 2 hits, most recent one in 2015. Rep. Gohmert is one of the top voices for Trump. It’s inconceivable that nothing he’s said in the last 3 years has been reported by Drudge. He’s a frequent FOX contributor.

Also searched by title > Search Results: 0 found.
        Rep. Gohmert

Evidence that the Drudge Report is not reporting on one of the most vocal supporters of president Trump & one of the most vocal supporters of indictments for FISAgate etc.

The 2 articles that ARE posted on Drudge appear to paint him in a certain light.

More inroads into conservative information flows.

“GOHMERT: Changes needed in domestic military exercises… ^
        From the May 18, 2015 13:21:16 GMT edition of the Drudge Report.

GOHMERT: OBAMA FLOODING TEXAS WITH IMMIGRANTS TO ‘TURN IT BLUE’… ^
        From the July 08, 2014 00:15:25 GMT edition of the Drudge Report. ”

RECENT VIDEOS from google >

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Rep. Gohmert is one of the top voices for Trump”

If Robert Mueller has been leveraged by his past into being a “deep state” white hat, Rep. Gohmert might not know about it. Perhaps no one in Congress does, as far as that goes. All the more to keep up the charade. I have to go with Tracy Beanz – at this point it is 50/50 either way. I have to try and find that Andrew Nepolitano & Martha MacCallum segment that Dan Bongino referenced earlier this week.

• BAM says:

I also have been looking at Mueller this week, and am at the 50 /50 mark. He’s one of 3 things in my opinion- a VERY deep state guy for a very, very long time, or a man that was unwillingly compromised in some way by black hats or somebody that has been turned. Will have to wait and see which it is. Knowing that some of the stuff that’s going on is a masquerade makes it hard to decide.

• TheLibertyDaily.com. Trying to do what Drudge SHOULD be doing for us.

• Roberto says:

Waiting for the MSM “to do something” is both useless and unnecessary. The only writing that matters is taking place on depositions, indictments, testimony, etc. The MSM is irrelevant to this process.

And at another level, we just don’t need the MSM. This isn’t 1975. We have our own devices and agents, this blog and Sundance are the best examples. I really don’t care if Jim Acosta reads this. All I care about is that we read it and Trump Admin-ers and federal prosecutors/investigators read it for our collective intelligence/insight. And they do! So rest easy, we’re doing more damage than the MSM ever could.

• After listening to Diamond and Silk during their testimony, I realized they are much, much smarter than they let on during their very entertaining shows! Very social media savvy and very very up to date with the inside of social media operations. Now, I love them even more than before!

• Bryan Alexander says:

When Mueller and Rosenstein went to the White House, they already knew that Mueller would be appointed as the SC. There is no conceivable logic that indicates that Mueller is a “White Hat”. The Democrats were in full war-cry for scalps. Sessions had recused himself a month or so earlier.

In order to get Trump, they had to get the right prosecutors to start an investigation of Trump. How do you:
      1. Get the Justice Department involved?
      2. Make Sure you get the prosecutors you want?
      3. Prohibit interference from Trump and the AG?

Get the Attorney General to appoint a Special Counsel. Won’t happen with Sessions in place.
      – Accuse Sessions and force recusal. Check.
      – Coerce Rosenstein to appoint a SC who will accommodate the wishes of James Comey, John Brennan and the other conspirators. They wanted Robert Mueller. Rosenstien appoints Mueller. Check.
      – Mueller appoints the prosecutors that the small group wants to go after and GET Trump. Check.

The conspirators used what they could find, 1 conversation sessions had with a Russian politician, to implicate Sessions as a possible accomplice, The full-throated accusations against Sessions were ridiculous. But the media did their part and Sessions didn’t realize the depth of the conspiracy.

Sessions recuses and they line up the prosecutors and Mueller.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“There is no conceivable logic that indicates that Mueller is a “White Hat”. ”

Yes there is.

Apparently you commented without listening to Tracy Beanz hypothesis for one. After you do so, please come back and refute her.

• Bryan Alexander says:

I read her work once before. That was enough.

If Mueller were a ‘White Hat’, he wouldn’t have:
          – stacked the SC staff with Clinton Supporters
          – indicted Flynn.
          – raided Manafort’s home with a no-knock warrant.
          – continued this charade for more than 1 month.

Mueller will make moves at the end to try and obscure his true task and save his reputation. Based on the given set of circumstances, and his actions, there is no conceivable way he is a White Hat.

• gda says:

Well, I am inclined to agree, but note that
            – the SC staff was pre-stacked (pretty much) before he was appointed. If some theories are to be believed, this was not unintentional
            – the Flynn indictment could still be a false flag (there was always something hinky about it)
            – Manafort is scum, and in any event Mueller may not have been behind the no-knock behaviour – perhaps his attack dog went a bit far, as is his wont.
            – not sure on your last point

So while I personally believe Mueller is a Black Hat, there is SOME indication that, while still a Black Hat, he is under Trump’s control.

Can anyone offer a credible alternative explanation why he met with Trump if he was no longer qualified to be FBI Director (and it seems certain he wasn’t)?

• El Torito says:

I follow Tracy_Beanz but I find her work sophomoric compared to Sundance. I guess she’s good entertainment, light on content and heavy on the self promoting.

Sundance continues to lead the pack while the rest fight for crumbs from the table.

• ablefox says:

Rosey wanted Muelley back in the FBI for cover up, that is why he wrote the letter to get rid of Homey Comey.? Trump refused, that is why Rosey set him up as SC?

• Roberto says:

The entire Mueller investigation has been a Godsend to us. Regardless if Mueller is white or black hat.

• NC PATRIOT says:

Q isn’t saying yes or no on Mueller—but some of the things I have read on Q suggest there may be an open question him. We won’t know until everything blows wide open !

• Tom F says:

You summation doesn’t point out that this all failed.
        Mueller is either totally incompetent or working to uncover corruption in our government.

• distracted2 says:

It’s the one detail that has bugged me from the beginning. The meeting itself is not out of the ordinary but the timing is. It’s hard to believe the meeting and Mueller’s appointment aren’t related just by virtue of their proximity.

• Somebody says:

Fact, Mueller nor Rosenstein visited POTUS at Trump tower. DJT was POTUS for 5 and a half months before he fired Comey. It has been reported that he met with them in the oval office, but if someone gets those simple fact wrong I’m not inclined to explore their rabbit hole

• Let’s also remember Giuliani’s statement that 1) He respects Mueller and 2) at the end President TRump will be wholly in the clear.
      I don’t believe that Giuliani is a blowhard who just goes off with bombast.

• Heika says:

Rabbit hole. Mueller is a good buddy of both Comey and Rosenstein. Stay simple. As Gomert said in video below, most of the meat in the texts is blacked out, so its just more of the same obfuscation by DOJ, FBI. Stay with Occam’s razor. It is what it is. Mueller is a swamp ‘fixer’, Rosenstein is a wimpy yes boy for the system working hand in glove with Mueller.

• Roberto says:

I can tell you from experience, that at that level, “friendship” as you might define it, does not exist. You don’t get to the Mueller/Comey level without being a shark. And sharks don’t have friends. They will consume anything that bleeds. They may share common goals, or alliances, or mutual history, but “friendship” (as most normal people define it) doesn’t exist. There’s no room for it.

Mueller will sell Comey down the river in a heartbeat if it benefits Mueller.

These days I’m getting more agnostic on Mueller. The only thing I know is what I don’t know.

• ladypenquin says:

Why did Bongino block you?

• I think sometimes people don’t intend to but start overtaking a column site and they are not necessarily blocked because the owner disputes their premise.
        Also, sometimes, well intended, the volume of questioning and challenge is at the level of heckling and it also stirs up outbreaks of antagonism that stray from the path.
        I have been schooled myself over the years when my volume and my tangents became so intrusive. I clearly am still having to work on my self-restraint but I’ve come a long way since then and I am far more aware that columns that ignited my interest need to be allowed to follow along the intended subject and not be driven off on tangents due to my input.

It’s just speculation but I wanted to put it out there in defense of the difficult task of monitoring websites and suggest that as a reason for Bongino’s actions. I’ve had that job too and it ain’t fun. Especially when you make support much of what a poster is saying.

🙂

13. Steve in Lewes says:

I have no doubt that your summary will be first class!
    BTW – Cavuto is such a putz! He continues to push this fake narrative that some people associated with PDJT have been indicted, but can’t seem to grasp as Nunes points out that those indictments were not associated with anything to do with the campaign.

14. Garrison Hall says:

Reading this stuff makes me realize just how much Trump is out there completely alone. There are very few people around him who he can completely trust or completely depend on. The kind of opposition, deceit, and daily threats he’s facing would have long ago defeated most men but they sure as hell haven’t defeated DJT. He’s accomplishing more by himself that Obama could with the entire government at his disposal. ***GO TRUMP!!***

• T.L.T. says:

Donald Trump is living proof that GOD exists. As if we needed any more. His rise to power has been BIBLICAL, like #Esther weaving her way through the court snakes.

• And it’s interesting that he has FRanklin Graham but not POpe Francis; and yet Melania is likely one of the best examples of good, clean Catholicism out there

We know that our times are seeing a very familiar struggle within the church, but people like Melania and other Christians who clearly are intent on living the Christian life and understanding unity, not denominational in-fighting, are also very much front and center.

If anybody needs a lesson on the REAL battle of good and evil that overshadows all existence we have a ringside seat here.

Not that we’re not enjoined in the battle and called to front lines ourselves.
        But as fred said, entertaining them and alluring them is the key to educate the sheep into allied owls.

• YvonneMarie says:

Actually Trump has us, the Deplorables. We have been waiting for Mr Trump for 1/2 a century. ☺️ We are Trump & he is we. MAGA. The Deep State Snake may finally get castrated. Hoping…🙏🏽

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

” how much Trump is out there completely alone.”

Earlier this year I heard (no chance of remembering where) that PDJT only really trusts two current members of Congress. VSG of him. There are probably a few more; however, he is not 100% or has not spent enough alone time with them to make that determination.

1Kings 19:13 And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?
      14 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

15. jindfw says:

Accolades to Sundance!!! The perseverance, detailed analysis and ability to break all of the small pieces down to create a well explained summary is the work of a true professional and patriot!

16. Elle says:

can we take odds ahead of time 🙂 I don’t follow like most, but my suspicion is that they were undercover inside the FBI… or …that they were fully aware they were in the perfect position to become the fall guys if anything went wrong. Too much detail in those texts and not enough, “you were awesome last night!” From my comfy armchair it seems brilliant. If Hillary won, they were still in the in-crowd. If anything went south, nobody would know they weren’t drooling sycophants, but the texts would be there to protect them. There was little point in ever committing “suicide” because the texts were out there for the record.

I think there was a small undercover group inside the small group. It’s the perfect ending.

• That DOES make sense. For all the obstruction of Trump he also has had the most rapid development of success of any president in modern times. HE is amazing but someone(s) inside MUST be making strategic moves that afford him this progress..PROGRESS being used in the true sense of the word

17. Kerry Gimbel says:

Cavuto is no friend of Trump. Which is why Trump won’t go on his show

• spren says:

Cavuto’s look on his face always seems to indicate he has a case of terminal hemorrhoids.

• Cavuto does have MS as someone says and he has won more than a few extremely perilous battles at the life and death level and so I will take a time out from my contempt of him to offer this tidbit in his defense. I’ve prayed for him over the years because of these threats and so, in all fairness (which he doesn’t display very well regarding Trump), that could explain some of his appearance. I suspect he’s on some medication…

…which actually DOES lead me back to a comment by a centrally located, singularly patronized pharmacist in DC who said that we would be alarmed at the number of people of influence and power who are on anti-depressants and anti-dimentia drugs.

The asylum really IS being run by the lunatics and we are needing a “Bastille” level of breakout.

I thought it was ironic that MAcron invited Trump to France on Bastille Day because in those times I don’t think that MAcron would have escaped the guillotine with his globalist rhetoric, while Trump all too likely would have had the tolerance of the ‘peasants’.

• Turranos says:

… and a messy diaper. Pretty sure he has to wear Depends!

• Janie M. says:

Kerry, his droning, monotone voice reminds me of Ben Stein’s character in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.”

18. notvicchanko says:

I’ll add my thanks for what you do, have done and are doing Sundance. Just on the off chance that you might have forgotten here is a pretty well documented spreadsheet online that does a good job of organizing the headlines and significant events since before the election. I don’t remember who is doing it or I’d certainly give them credit. Here’s the link:

19. snellvillebob says:

The first paragraph: “The Russian Government at the direction of President Vladimir Putin, sought to sow discord in American society and undermine our faith in the democratic process.” This is proof that Jeff Sessions is a Russian mole because he has destroyed my faith in our American Government and trashed my hopes that it will ever be possible to fix it. One and 1/4 years and not one indictment. ZE (freeking) RO!

• Matthew LeBlanc says:

Big money involved in keeping Americans in a war stance with Russia while ignoring the China threat. Wall Street and CoC have to plunder many more billions from the US economy before the gig is up.

• Steve in Lewes says:

Kind of way out on your CTH limb trying to blame Sessions for things that started back in 2015. But hating Sessions seems to be a convenient excuse for all the Dem subterfuge and conspiracy to take down this President. Why don’t you direct your hate where it belongs; the Dems and GOPe.

• I think some hate Sessions because he pulled the rug out from under the deep state coup plot. Things have been very difficult for them since then.

• spren says:

Like many here, I’ve had to shake my head many times wondering why Sessions seemed to be AWOL, but as Sundance has pointed out, when the AG is performing his job in a lawful fashion we will rarely know what he is doing. He keeps his investigations private and silent, doesn’t leak to the media, and goes about his job in a methodical manner.

It is hard to be patient, but we must. Sessions needs to set unbreakable snares. Just look how today a federal judge dismissed Manafort’s lawsuit against an over-reaching SC Mueller! His suit was clearly valid as Mueller went far outside of his assigned purview to go after activities completely unrelated to Russian interference or Trump campaign collusion with them, to raid his house and go through all of his personal papers to find some manner of crime. Sessions realizes this same kind of judicial malfeasance will occur unless he formulates airtight cases against these seditious creeps.

• snellvillebob says:

Jeff Sessions was my favorite Senator and I had full trust in him. When he was made AG I was so happy that the illegal abuses by the democrats would finally be punished as an example to any who would transgress again. If no one goes to prison then it will set a precedent that their behavior is acceptable. That is just wrong.

• I replied to this below. I wasn’t just shooting rainbows out of my arse. There is a level of evil here that we keep on insisting we see hauled up before courts and committtees when DAILY we find yet another plant in the courts and the committees that would nip in the bud any attempts to prosecute and would bury the attempts long before there is enough power in Trump’s camp to really fight this battle.

Patience – with action and prayer – is called for, but continued insistence on criminal charges, when we don’t know how many judges and committee bureaucrats would take the hot potato and just toss it into oblivion, is an exercise in premature self-handicapping.

• NC PATRIOT says:

Patience, snellvillebob, it is hard quietly working UNDERNEATH the tip of that iceberg to lay the qround work for solid cases that will stand challenges.

• KBR says:

I keep thinking also that there seems to have been great effort during the muhRussia fakecollusion and by the muhrussia fakecollusion to keep Trump and Putin from meeting much, or at all.

Perhaps there are some things the Trump-opposition does not want Putin to tell?

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“to keep Trump and Putin from meeting much, or at all. ”

They are both fighting Globalist oligarch NWO types, along with the Moslem invaders. The Islamic invaders and NWO types do not want them to join forces.

• spren says:

Isn’t it just so remarkable that a few years ago under Obama’s administration, Russia was regarded as such an evil foe that we approved transferring 20% of our uranium to their control? Now, it is regarded as a mortal sin to even talk to them!

• snellvillebob says:

In 2013 Putin filed an international arrest warrant with Interpol for George Soros. Yep, I am sure this is part of it.

• So has Hungary. ISrael as well has been targeting Soros and Trump is not unaware. He and Schmidt (of Google and of late as advisor to both OBama and Hillary) are just two of the cabal that we have to bring up from the deepest depths.

TRILLIONS they have been counting since Obama’s (or maybe even W’s since we now discover his globalist leanings) reign and though Hillary did not become elected to hand over America on the silver platter they are INCAPABLE of surrendering on a plan for which they had made NO PROVISION for failure, let alone muscular opposition.

These were to have been the overlords of a new utopia where you and I would have been silenced, neutered, hunted, euthanized and obliterated.

In California Brown is still behaving as if it’s all on track still.

• WES says:

Snell: It is my opinion that no indictments can happen as long as Mueller is in business. The deep state drove that point home with the raid on Trump’s lawyer Cohen. Sadly the deep state still has the ability to impeach Trump. That maybe why SD indicated earlier that only a few of the guilty will be indicted. They will negotiate all of this behind the curtain and we will not like it one bit. It would be nice if Trump was to get new supporters in November 2018 but that hope appears to be rapidly fading as RINO Reps are being selected in the primaries.

• NC PATRIOT says:

Even the RINO’s vote for his judges, however. And P45 managed pretty well with the House filled with RINOS on the tax bill and giving the OK to his repeal of O’s EO’s. Plus they voted on 12 budget bills that died in the Senate.

• I still allow him some latitude because of how often Soros and some others are being mentioned. THEY are the big catch and they are still at a level where they are not catching any heat. Both Hungary and Russia have Soros in their sights and have warrants for his arrest. Due to this a Hungary pit of vipers, a Soros education center has been forced to relocate after they had planned to invade SELF-EXPRESSED AS CHRISTIAN Hungary. They are the only nation openly self-titled as a Christian nation, their leader has said, and this explains why Soros was hellbent on overturning it.

We think we have been patient for 1 1/4 years but several of us have been watching this since Bush’s questionable choices and his similarly listless action while enjoying a Republican majority.

This is a battle that has so many parallels with both David and Goliath AND with the colonies against the redcoats. In those times as well the big fighting was being done while so many stood on the sidelines completely uncertain where the outcome would be and either praying or cowering as they watched…until one by one allies joined the ranks…the regular people…the CHOSEN people.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“In those times as well the big fighting was being done while so many stood on the sidelines completely uncertain where the outcome would be and either praying or cowering as they watched…”

We are trusting in the rule of law to resolve this. We really do not need a repeat of the “War of Northern Aggression”. The elites that want to reduce the world’s population would love that – the same ones pushing us toward war with Russia, Syria, and Iran.

• Roberto says:

Having spent an awful lot of time in Latin America, I’ve come to learn that the paramount question in political crisis time *is always*: “Who’s got the guns?” Everything else is small potatoes. And as far as I can tell, we got them, they don’t.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“Who’s got the guns?”

Whoever does have the guns usually ends up scooping up all the “humanitarian aid” for themselves shipped in into decrepit areas, such as Somalia, etc.

• Not in America, the America where we know and absorb our founders’s values and the reasons that they trusted us with guns.

In nearly every other nation there IS a class system and zero understanding that it was our LEGAL immigrants, who assimilated our TRULY AMERICAN values, who made this country.

Not one damn elite. There were people of money and status but only those who perceived the dignity and potential of every person who assimilated our values contributed to our phenomenal and EXCEPTIONAL greatness.

Gratitude, character, family, faith and community. You never had to convert to Christianity but the reason it dominated was because the values, taught in school, made so much sense, whereas Islam, atheism, socialism, communism and every other elitist scheme, has to be fed to the masses with phony propaganda.

You never had to be Christian here, but the freedom for Christians to voice and live their lives openly with their vaues, as openly as today’s environmentalists, or pussyhats or Quran ‘butts sticking up in the air while their call to slaughter dongs incessantly’, worshipers, do.

If you want me to leave God out of the formula for success you have joined those ignoring the elephant in the room.

REad ‘Letters of a Nation’ and see how ‘silent’ our founders were about God in the public.

And if they revise that book I think that some of President Trump’s letters will be included in it.

• Tom F says:

Trashed hopes noted.
      Yawn.

20. notvicchanko says:

Just to clarify, I’m offering the online spreadsheet as a tool to possibly save you some time. It, by itself, is in no way a substitute for what you are working on. Thanks again for the efforts.

• Lis says:

I’m just glad you posted it, as I forgot to bookmark it the first time I saw it here, a few months ago. It is a very helpful tool to use in conjunction with Sundance’s work. Thank you.

21. Kerry Gimbel says:

If Trump can bring NK to the table, he can defeat the goons in our own country. Indictments will come

• DEEP state needs to be always kept in mind. The pit is nearly bottomless and at every level a venomous snake can be stumbled upon ready to inflict a fatal bite.

Since JFKs assassination, since Vietnam, since The Pill and ROE v WADE took out our families and overtook our schools and removed God and put in rhetoric of STalin, Lenin, Marx, Mao, Der Fuhrer, Alinsky. Since the feminist movement went into overdrive proclaiming the satanic goal of ‘putting enmity between the woman and the womb’.

WE want this overturned in a blink of an eye with a champion required to have the endurance of Hercules and the tasks assigned to him by the angry gods.

With his every appointment, his every RIGHTFUL decree as teh leader of the Executive Branch, undermined by foe and supposed ally alike.

Patience has not been put into our brainwashing. On purpose.

However.
      HOPE has been put into our DNA.

MAGA

22. jonhabart says:

God bless you Sundance and the Yeoman’s work that you do.

23. amwick says:

Sd is doing a tweet storm right now, if you are intersted. Hmmmmm

• amwick says:

Looks like a doozy

24. DanO64 says:

I know this from watching Neil (I hated to), he knows NOTHING about any of this.

25. KBR says:

Looking forward to your next post(posts) that you reference above Sundance! Your posts are very very educational, so well thought out, and well referenced!

MAGA!

26. McGuffin says:

Thank you Sundance for reading every single text, again, and summarizing it for us. I can’t wait to read your summation. Sending you a yuge pot of Black Rifle Coffee so you can get through all of the texts. May I suggest that everybody reading here make a $ donation to the best site on the internet ! You rock SD!

27. Sharpshorts says:

Kudos sundance. ..rechecking the known facts.
    Whether or not they still fit the reasonable conclusions you have already presented is the mark of an objective person. To question one’s own premises is proper protocol in the search for reality and truth.

28. Stephen F. Paul says:

I think it is very obvious that the Trump tower meeting with Trump JR was a set up to help create a cover story for the people who were doing shady illegal things like spying on an opposition party during and after a presidential election to try and find a way to hurt/discredit or cause harm to the Trump campaign . This is something that went on for quite sometime and so there is a very long timeline ,many many people involved and that makes it difficult to portray this for exactly what it is,a (Criminal Conspiracy) . they automatically say anything and everything they can to discredit anyone who brings this up. they have lots of people in the media who are doing everything possible to confuse their audience,they lie to them and say whatever they can to make these people believe they are the hero’s and Trump is the bad guy and the one who is lying.

They did not plan on doing what they did after the election because they al thought Hilary would win and all of this would just disappear. I am hoping and praying that because they did not plan to be doing this that they will make the mistakes that will bring it all in to the mainstream. Once the right evidence is exposed the main stream will have little choice but to report who ever is charged and the story will start to get more coverage. this is 10X bigger than Watergate but since it is the democrats who broke the laws the media refuses to let the people know. The main stream media is pretty much a co conspirator..

• Mark McQueen says:

“The main stream media is pretty much a co conspirator…”

Without a doubt!

• spren says:

I’ve also long thought that meeting was an obvious setup. When you consider that they provoked the meeting with the promise of damaging information on Clinton, and then they only sought to reverse Magnitsky rather than providing any useful opposition research, you knew it was a ruse. And then we found out that Veselnitskaya met with Fusion GPS the day before and then again after the meeting, it is very difficult to think otherwise.

29. If you don’t want to trash President Trump and his people and want to say stuff about democrats and muller. Cavuto has no time for that are you Chairman Devin Nunes.

30. Dances with Wolverines says:

Thank you, Sundance, for allowing me to rest here in your tree of truth and knowledge. Thank you for all of your research and your dedication to truth.

31. Sundance,
    Where can we make donations?

32. CNN_sucks says:

Montana should vote out Tester. Despicable person. He needs to lay off those beers. Beer body.

33. ADDgolfer says:

Not the first time I felt intellectually challenged among many of you fine people. Without this site I’d be a total dunce TY.
    Sundance saying “..reset all assumptions about the ‘small group’” had me going over Nunes interview to find what SD heard to have him rethink his analysis?
    Is he done yet? J/K

34. Donzo says:

When Cavuto referenced meetings between the Trump campaign and Russians, Nunes should have made him spell them out because without doing so Cavuto is just engaging in the false narrative. If he’s talking about the Tower meeting or the convo btw Flynn and Kisniak, those are dead in the water.

• spren says:

It is so sickening, isn’t it? Sessions meets with Kislyak once in his role as chairman of the Senate Armed Forces Committee (with two military officers present), and then is in the same room with him another one or two times (RNC Convention in Cleveland and perhaps one other place/time) and that is supposedly to be regarded as collusion. But Kislyak sits among his Democrat friends at last year’s Trump’s address to the Joint Session of Congress and that is just fine. Democrats and the media (sorry for the redundancy) have absolutely no shame or integrity.

35. missilemom says:

Anyone have the source and date of who put out the Page/Strzok affair? Did it come from Mueller or Rosenstein?

36. ablefox says:

The small group failed the ball was passed to Rosey/Muelley. They are desperately fishing in every possible nook and cranny to get Trump on anything they can Spirit Cook up using illegally obtained information with no probable cause. It has nothing at all to do with Russia. They knew going in there was no there, there.

• Dutchman says:

Its VERY common for people to get into trouble, due to texting or emailing something. Its like our brains shut down, when our fingers start up.
      Im wondering if the ‘lovebirds’, (not) are the ONLY ones who sent texts, or emails, regarding the conspiracy?
      WHAT ELSE might the I.G. have?

• WES says:

Dutchman: I believe this is the biggest conspiracy in US history but ironically also the best documented one too!

• Bigdog35 says:

Dutchman, I think the IG has EVERYTHING! They found them June 20, 2017, probably reports suspicion of criminal activity to AG, AG appoints Horowitz about this time and presumably they are granted a warrant to collect/retrieve relevant communications.

37. Frbrdskmi8 says:

I believe, now, like no other time in the history of our nation we need to be in constant prayer not only for the leaders in our government but for those who need their eyes to be opened to truth. God bless our President Donald J. Trump, give him eyes to see, ears to listen and a heart for You . Lead and guide him Lord in everything he says and does. God bless America and it’s people. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

38. why did devin nunes have to use cavuto for his interview? cavuto’s groggy voice is terribly annoying. he asks about allegations and speculations just like the left news media. he focuses on what we dont know instead of the facts. why must we deal with knuckleheads on conservative news as well. who taught him how to interview? is cavuto a corporate tool? comey til this day refuses to acknowledge hillary and dnc paid for dossier. its hard to understand why he has his own show on fox news where there are only a handful of conservative groups in main-stream media.

39. Genie says:

Wasn’t there supposed to be 50,000 texts between Strzok and Page? If so, then only a fraction have been released. Are there 40,000 honey bunny texts that have been censored? Not likely since none of the released texts give a whiff of anything more than a mutual admiration of how great they are.

Let’s see some texts between Page and McCabe or Comey and Wittes (or anyone.). Or some internal FBI discussions about why the DNC would not allow the FBI to examine the server “hacked by Russians.”

40. foggyhorn says:

My first time post, although I have been lurking/following the CTH, Sundance and the informed posters here for many months.

If Sundance adjusts (or not) his outlook on White & Black Hats within/around “the small group” Presidential coup plotters, I do not care. Although i am extremely impressed with his insightful analysis (his Benghazi work – imo 99.9+% accurate – was a huge eye opener for me), there is no way that anyone can get everything 100% accurate all the time, unless they are God or extra-ordinarily empowered by Him.

We (mainly Sundance, but also many others here) are examining duplicitous swamp creatures, that are good at obfuscating and covering their tracks. Although we understand in part their slimy character, we do not have all of the information….all of the time. SD has already been hugely insightful in on all kinds of issues including Rep Elise Stefanik’s Comey questions and many+ other follow up sources.

I really appreciate Sundance (amazing research, insight and analytical ability) and CTH followers that state their opinions and also contribute other relevant subject information. Truly unique, imo! All the best to you all!

• Lis says:

Nice to meet you, Foggy!

• foggyhorn says:

Thank you and Right back at you Lis! 🙂

I’m here to examine the ongoing evidence (good, malevolent, traitorous, etc) within our Nation and the World, support our Nation & Constitution, & re-affirm that anything good ultimately comes from our Almighty God, Creator, & Savior. I always need his wisdom and guidance.

All the best to you!

41. I started to look at the huge file that Sundance uploaded to Scribd but didn’t far before something popped up: a 10-18-16 text from Pete to a list of recipients (some redacted) with the message “I’m seriously thinking that one of us needs to host an election night party.”

Lisa responds “I nominate [name redacted].” Would love to know who was nominated and why OIG is still restricting.

42. Marygrace Powers says:

Love your due diligence Sundance/
    donation coming your way for take – out.❤️🇺🇸

43. Newhere says:

I recently read through the emails start to finish, then read through them a bit more in light of the new 49 pages. (It takes forever). Haven’t shared any observations because (MAJOR credit to Sundance!) careful write-ups also take forever!

Since we’re squarely on the topic, I’ll throw out a few big picture thoughts/observations FWIW. Not at all claiming SD-level authority, and not so much substantive as atmospheric. Disclaimer: A LOT is missing in the exchanges. So reading between the lines here with not much to go on.

The nature and tone sound like a couple of earnest, self-important, professional bureaucrats who see themselves as high-achieving stand-outs among their peers, doing the “right thing” or at least the “best” thing among some ugly office politics and broader forces. Among the two of them, they unquestionably believe themselves “the good guys,” with appropriate motives and judgment.

They are preoccupied with their professional reputations, ambitions and positioning. They spend lots of time dissecting the minutiae of day-to-day interactions and orchestrating mundane office dynamics, and often reassure each other on their respective “excellence” and superiority. All to a degree that pegs their maturity and self-awareness at a level of maybe adolescent.They interpret events and decisions around them in insular terms, like teenagers passing notes in homeroom about high school social cliques.

Takeaways?

— They weren’t driven by specifically by partisan bias. Viewing it as simple bias only minimizes the bigger problem. They were consummate professional bureaucrats, intuiting, anticipating, and expanding upon the goals of leadership, both spoken and implied. Contempt for the implicated political actors was a a given; all politicians are intellectually and morally inferior, and (in their minds) the country needs professionals like them having the tools to stand watch and “protect” the country when necessary.

— Trump was viewed as so obviously “dangerous” that extreme measures were necessary. This wasn’t a *partisan* sentiment — it was (again, in their minds) a professional judgment. Which is how they managed the cognitive dissonance of behaving as they did while seeing themselves as moral actors. These aren’t sociopaths with no consciences. They have the conscience of a common, professional technocrat. Self-delusion and self-importance that warps the moral compass (e.g., they feel aggrieved by things like being left out of a meeting, and they hyper-focus on their own “credit-seeking” vs. “team player” motivations, as if THESE are the pressing moral issues at stake . . ). They are professional technocrats like a lot of professional technocrats, who believe their jobs are singularly important, that they face pressures that are uniquely complicated — who know they hold replaceable jobs, but secretly believe themselves irreplaceable. Professionalism becomes its own ethic, from which perspective actual ethics are quaint, a luxury for academics or simpletons. This isn’t spoken or acknowledged.

— The scariest part: conduct in the the Clinton/Trump investigations wasn’t anomalous. The fact that these “professionals” behaved this way with only a faint notion of the significance of what they were doing suggests it was more business-as-usual than the biggest scandal of our lifetimes. Meaning it’s even a bigger scandal.

— They did have at least a faint notion that they had ventured well outside of “by the book” territory, but were again deluded by feeling indispensable, hand-picked by the highest echelons of bureau hierarchy, to which they aspired. Page, in particular, felt special because she was chosen by McCabe. Their moral compasses were aimed at pleasing those whose favor they sought.

— They seemed to see the FBI as white hats vis a vis DOJ. I think they truly believed that any corruption/politicization came from DOJ, and FBI jockeying/mischief was trying to set things right against all these other corrupting forces.

–Page’s final “never write to me again” doesn’t seem like a hostile snub. Seems more like a signal/coded message to a friend: “We’re scr*wed. Every (wo)man for himself. I’m looking out for myself. You should too.”

• I agree with so much that you wrote. Both of them sound like mini-Comeys, with exalted opinions of themselves. An inordinate amount of their texts were about their egos, careers, and ladder-ciimbing. Actual accomplishments seemed to be a secondary consideration. As such, they were able to justify whatever corners were cut.

• Newhere says:

Yep. I wouldn’t be surprised if these two are in witness protection. I’m sure the Comey-McCabe plan was to leave these two (and Priestap) holding the bag (probably the reason McCabe had a “special counsel” at all . . .). I noticed in his IG testimony, Comey said McCabe seemed concerned by the Clinton Foundation leak, leading Comey to think it couldn’t have been McCabe, but perhaps was his lawyer . . .in other words, they both were going to pin it on her. Til it turned out she was a chatty-patty with her office chum. Cornered like a rat, McCabe runs for cover, trying awkwardly to implicate Comey, but at the same time without seeming to contradict him (McCabe’s memory was more “specific,” you see . . .), but– too late! Comey was now out on his book tour, not about to play along or stay quiet on McCabe’s gambit, so under the bus he goes! . . . I honestly wondered if that IG report, conspicuously siding with Comey, came out the same week as Comey’s book tour to force a public wedge between the two right out of the gate.

• Well, I doubt that Lisa Page is in the witness protection program. The Daily Mail sent out reporters twice to her house in DC.

By using some other information that I will not identify here, I was able to locate it and verify it by comparing the images contained in its articles. She had not moved as of their last article. She and her husband are living openly, evidently. I doubt that there are any threats.

• WES says:

NewHere: Nice summary! This batch of texts didn’t exactly set the world on fire! Yes there are many hidden meanings no doubt. Felt like they stopped short of the punchline!

• Newhere says:

Thanks! The snippets draw you in (what does it all mean???) and, boy, you can go down a rabbit hole trying to cross-reference to real-time events . . . where would we be without SD’s work!

• jeans2nd says:

Concur, good analysis, thank you.
      iow, Swamp Creatures.
      hardly unique, dime a dozen in d.c. – d.c. is nothing but.

• I’ve had difficulty seeing the “:affair” except for the one text in Late July (2016) when Pete asked Lisa if she could get permission to go to London with him. But I just assumed that OIG scrubbed the more obvious texts.
      As for the self-importance, they are lawyers, just about everyone mentioned in the texts are lawyers, and everything they wrote or prepared (EXCEPT FOR THE TEXTS) was with the premise that they could rationalize or excuse their words and actions. Been there, done that (retired lawyer here) but I never tried to influence an election or sabotage a duly elected official

• Newhere says:

I’m not sure about the affair either — or convinced that it matters that much. There do seem to be blurred lines. Maybe proverbial “work spouses.” There is nothing overtly romantic in the released texts, even in tone. They toss around a lot of mutual admiration and heroic posturing. And they make efforts to hide how close they are and how much they share, which suggests something illicit, or just an awareness that others might suspect something illicit, or who knows, maybe more micromanaging office dynamics.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“They weren’t driven by specifically by partisan bias. Viewing it as simple bias only minimizes the bigger problem. ”

You wrote up an absolutely superb analysis, IMO. especially your part, “They weren’t driven by specifically by partisan bias”. It is not saying they did not have bias (as Mr.Comey recently inferred -if true it means he did not read their texts!), but rather the bias that they did have was NOT what drove them to do those things.

I don’t have time to spend 6 hours reading their chatter, which is why I spend time here taking in the analysis from my fellow Treepers:.

“…(e.g., they feel aggrieved by things like being left out of a meeting, and they hyper-focus on their own “credit-seeking” vs. “team player” motivations, as if THESE are the pressing moral issues at stake . . )….”

I am looking forward to your sharing with us in the future, so welcome aboard!

• Newhere says:

Thanks! And yes — clearly a bias there — but chalking it all up just to bias dodges more uncomfortable truths, IMO. Can’t wait for Sundance’s next analysis of it all . . .

• sundance says:

This is brilliantly written.

Concur almost 100%

• Convert says:

This is excellent analysis and dead on, I believe. One of the first things that struck about the actions of the whole bunch– the FBI, DOJ, Democrats and the media– is how immature and outlandish, how juvenile their thought process and judgement.

• jbowen82 says:

Agreed. As I’ve posted before, they really believed that they were going to find the evidence of Trump working with the Russians. If they had to bend a few rules or cut a few corners, they believed they would be vindicated in the end. It never occurred to them that the whole narrative was false.

• Dixie says:

Congratulations for having your comment featured by Sundance in his article today.

• Patty FromTexas says:

“Their moral compasses were aimed at pleasing those whose favor they sought”
      THIS

44. quintrillion says:

This must be Super Caterday. A Trump Rally and a New summary review by Sundance.
    More winnamins!

45. hatterasgal says:

I can’t wait for your summary Sundance!!!! God bless you and yours.

46. Marina says:

Thread from Sundance twitter

1. Yesterday, I decided to reset all prior perspectives on the FBI and DOJ-NSD story and review every chronological detail from the beginning. pic.twitter.com/fAjY3i9Xns— TheLastRefuge (@TheLastRefuge2) April 28, 2018

47. Do you see how that F-er, Neil Cavuto keeps trying to insinuate that the Trump campaign is guilty of something! He’s a damned Democrat shill. Most of them at Fox are…