James Comey Creates Deeper Legal Jeopardy With CNN Townhall Answer…

FBI Director James Comey appears on CNN tonight and digs himself deeper into legal jeopardy.   Remember as you watch this answer, on March 20th, 2017, while still officially FBI Director, Comey testified to congress a counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign began in July 2016.

In an effort to attempt to obfuscate his current legal and professional malfeasance in leaking information, via his leaks to the media, Comey insists he did nothing wrong.  However, Comey also states that it would be a violation to leak “information about an ongoing investigation.”

As Comey describes his leaking of his notes from a conversation with President-elect Trump, he conveniently avoids the contradicting fact that President Trump was a person within the investigation the FBI was conducting.  WATCH:

Comey states that “leaking” is releasing the “content within an investigation.” If Anderson Cooper would have been faster on his feet, he would have asked Comey: how is it OK for him to distribute evidence, and leak the substance of an internal document, that is part of an ongoing investigation?

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Dept Of Justice, Desperately Seeking Hillary, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, FBI, media bias, Notorious Liars, President Trump, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

291 Responses to James Comey Creates Deeper Legal Jeopardy With CNN Townhall Answer…

1. TreeperInTraining says:

On a side, yet related note, Harry Reid came out and torched Comey today. Interesting.

Imho

2. Fools Gold says:

And this my friends is why his ass was fired.

3. Ben says:

Who is advising Comey? He has no friends left, he has somehow managed to get the left and right to agree on something. It’s almost unbelievable to watch. He’s like a gazelle completely encircled by cheetahs who is bragging about how fast he can run, completely ignoring the walls closing in around him.

• trumpthepress says:

They all know he is going to jail and want to distance themselves as far away as possible.

Just think if Anderson C would have done that questioning with Hildabeast about her emails…Would have been really something to watch.

• Mason3000 says:

Looks like a man who’s friend & mentor granted him full with immunity to me.

• ezpz2 says:

My thoughts exactly, Mason3000.

• AH_C says:

I would think that Mueller’s immunity can’t supercede prosecution from a separate and concurrent investigation by another investigator. Or? Interesting food for thot, tho.

• Maquis says:

Mueller can only.possibly grant “immunity” in regards to his own investigation and nothing else. Mueller can not bind nor influence any law enforcement agency or prosecutor anywhere.

“Immunity” is a Hall Pass, not a “Get Out of Jail Free” card.

There is an entire universe of Clown Comey Crimes; he will not escape his fate.

GBPDJT
          🇺🇸

• ATheoK says:

• Any immunity agreement given by Mueller, would have to involve critical aspects of a Trump-Russia investigation.
        • Plus, those immunity agreements could not “grant immunity” for criminal actions Comey continues to commit.
        • Then those immunity agreements would have to be shared/aired with DOJ and FBI. • Mueller can not make such agreements, then sit on them.

• Jan says:

Mueller and Rosenstein “sat” on that memo supposedly executed in August 2017 that gave Mueller authority to go after Manafort, even though none of it connected with Russia or Pres. Trump. The FBI gave immunity to Cheryl Mills & Heather Samuelson & others in the Hillary email server investigation. Mueller pretty much can do anything he wants, especially if Rosenstein agrees/signs off on it. Mueller has unlimited authority to investigate anything related to Pres. Trump, even if it pre-dates when DJT was born. This is Nazism at its best, and Soros can tell Mueller anything Mueller needs to know about Nazis, and I’m sure he has.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

It is very disturbing to me that apparently a Special Counsel or whatever the heck Mueller is supposed to be can be given his charge (in this case, no criminal investigation), which can then apparently be infinitely mutated by the Deputy Attorney General to cover whatever seems convenient as the investigation proceeds.

• littleanniesfannie says:

My question: if Rosenstein is found guilty of crimes, can his authorization of Mueller to do anything he wants stand? If not, does that mean any immunity agreed to by Herr Mueller becomes null and void?

• youme says:

The FBI cannot give anyone immunity. Only a US Attorney is able to grant immunity.

• Orville R. Bacher says:

Immunity means nothing if the grantor of that immunity has dirty hands too. And immunity is granted in exchange for something. What did Hillary’s enablers give to the DOJ? Nothing.
            Too clever by half.

• Maquis says:

As a result of being legally obligated to provide all his reports and documentation of all testimony and investigative discovery, Mueller, if he did “grant immunity,” will also be required to justify granting said “immunity” to this Corrupt central player in the “Russia” Conspiracy.

Mueller can not bind any law enforcement agency nor prosecutor from going after Comey The Clown. He can only protect his precious conspirator from himself, and none other.

• OmegaManBlue says:

Patrick Fitzgerald is his lawyer. You would think he is advising him.

• Southern Son says:

At least Two of the persons Commie Leaked to are his Lawyers.
        Council/Client Privilege is still intact for America’s Enemies.
        For the President…not so much.

• Orville R. Bacher says:

Again, Comey is too clever by half. If Comey gave Fitzgerald the memos, then Fitzgerald cannot act as Comey’s lawyer while being a potential witness or conspirator.
        Mueller opened the flood gates wide open by going after Trump’s lawyer Cohen.
        What delicious irony it would be to see Patrick Fitzgerald’s home and offices raided while they are raiding Comey’s home and office. What other government documents have been taken home for “safe-keeping” by this “I am not a sleazy weasel” Weasel.

• Guillermo Maguire says:

Nice analogy. Its tough to be rational when you sit down to a high stakes game of poker, and look around to see who the sucker is….only to realize too late your the sucker.

• Sunshine says:

I don’t understand him. He should have stayed home, quiet, in a corner, and not in the public arena giving interviews and town halls.

4. Newman says:

A good prosecutor would have a field day with this clown on the stand

5. lieutenantm says:

Cooper dropped the ball? HUH? Cooper is CIA. He knows what he is doing, precisely.

6. BestBets says:

Comey’s wife and daughters can wear their pink “kitty” hats when they visit him in prison.

7. Bone Fish says:

Why hasn’t Trump’s IRS done a ten year means test audit on Comey?

8. Donzo says:

Did Anderson just wake up from a long nap?

• CPdesert says:

I think maybe CNN is even beginning to realize they’re on a sinking ship as their ratings and credibility plummet. I even saw Jeffrey Toobin admit that Comey screwed Up.

9. OmegaManBlue says:

If this ever gets to court Comey and his lawyer Fitzgerald are going to regret letting him run his mouth and write a book.

10. tav144 says:

I believe that it was purposely allowed for Comey to go forward with his book deal because they knew the possibilities we’re endless for Comey to trip over himself in the book tours.

11. Sylvia Avery says:

After puzzling over Comey’s peculiar performance for some time, here’s my conclusion.

Family members love to watch Cops. I don’t, because it annoys me to listen to the criminals LIE LIE LIE and LIE again. If you’ve ever watched it you know what I mean. It doesn’t matter how flagrant, they lie anyway. No matter how unbelievable, no matter how ridiculous, no matter how obvious it is that no one would ever believe the story, they lie.

I think it is that same thing at work with Comey. Most of the criminals on Cops are sociopaths and they are habitual liars; a sociopath will lie when the truth would serve as well or even better. I think Comey is a sociopath. It is hard for normal people to understand because it is so foreign to how we would behave.

• distracted2 says:

Could not have said it better!

• Phil says:

To paraphrase Ian Fleming- “Once(lie) is happenstance. Twice(lie) is coincidence. The third time(lie) it is enemy action.

• svenwg says:

One thing that I learned at a very young age is that nobody believes the truth. If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember the ‘lie’ and people don’t believe you so you get off whatever you were accused of.

Example. You are married and get home late because you are having an affair, most people would lie and your partner would know you are lying. If you came home late, kissed your partner and told them straight out the truth, they would laugh uncomfortably and say something like ‘you horrible tease, you were out having a drink with x so don’t lie to me’.

• kjj says:

Richard Feynman tells a story about that. He stole a door as a fraternity prank. It eventually got serious and everyone was assembled and asked to swear, on their fraternal pledge or something, that they didn’t do it. When his turn came, he said “I stole the door. It is out back, under the porch.” They told him to quit joking and moved on to the next guy.

If I’m recalling the story correctly, after a considerable time, like months or years, he fetched the door from under the porch and returned it, and his frat brothers were very upset that he hadn’t confessed at the time. He was unable to convince them that he had tried, unsuccessfully, to confess at the time.

I’ve often said that the truth told with an insincere tone of voice is often a better lie than any lie could be.

A long-time friend and I ended up working at the same place for a while. We would often go out for a drink after work, and occasionally we’d run into the office receptionist at the bar. She was happily married, but also very flirty and playful. She would hang on me, sit on my lap, play with my hair, etc. Once, my friend asked me if I was having an affair with the receptionist, and I very sarcastically denied it. He took that as confirmation, and no matter how many times I’ve denied it in the many years since then, he still believes that I was sleeping with her.

• Maquis says:

Well reasoned and stated, Sylvia. Bravo!

• Kate says:

Sylvia, I get your point but that was exactly the best thing about the Cops show, it proves to the viewers how much the crooks blatently lie but we as viewers can witness the true facts, and the other thing I like about the show is it makes us aware of what the police have to indure on their jobs, I fully aplaud the men and women who serve to protect us.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Oh yeah, there’s a lot to be learned from that show. Most important, do what the cops say. If they say stay in the car, stay. If they say get out, get out. Hands on head? Do it. You may be po’d, you may be innocent but that is later for the court room.

Also, don’t think you’re gonna hide in the bushes because they’ll just send the dog in after you and that is gonna hurt.

Don’t try running in those baggy pants you just fall over when they end up around your knees and gosh do you look stupid.

And possibly my biggest lesson learned, I really want a taser. I am always yelling at the screen TAZE ‘EM! TAZE ‘EM!

I truly cannot imagine being a police officer. They put up with an awful lot. I do not have the patience. After about five minutes of watching the show I am whimpering at the idiocy of the criminals.

• LongingForTruth says:

I feel the same exact way. I can’t stand the lying and always wonder why they do it even when unnecessary. We watch the Canadian Cops show, “You Are Under Arrest”, and they actually kneel on the ‘perps’ heads. If someone is really out of control. they HOG TIE them!! Then they carry them off to the cruiser like a suit case. It’s hysterical. We often chant, “hog tie, Hog Tie, HOG TIE!!!, here.

• BobInFL says:

Maybe they can make something like a tazer shovel….now that would really fill your bill!

• brh82 says:

As a rookie cop, my brother was sent to L.A. to do a ride along with one of their ace cops for a week. He watched a drug raid on a house in Watts and saw for himself the cops PLANT a bag of Pot under a tree in the yard because nothing had been found inside the house. It blew his socks off, he being brought up in a Jesuit Prep school and believing cops were tantamount to saints.

• Foxy says:

Agree but Comey is smart, sneaky and very experienced in this area. Underestimate him at your detriment. It will take an equally provisioned prosecutor/adversary to catch this slippery fish.

• G. Alistar says:

Yes indeed….slicky man-doo if ever there was one. Still, God knows. One day we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ in heaven….and account.

• Bendix says:

That’s the thing so many cops say gets to them most – they get lied to all day.
      I think you are on to something, because Comey seems to believe what he says even when he says contradictory things.
      I don’t know if he’s a full-fledged sociopath, but he definitely has something screwed up upstairs.
      There are different kinds of liars, psychology tells us. The people on Cops generally are of the kind like small kids, who lie to avoid consequences of wrong actions. I don’t see Comey as being that, because he would know how to get his story straight.

• Wit's End says:

One of the reasons I watch Cops, from time to time, is to see how the officer induces the guy into making damaging admissions. Check out the book _The Art of Cross-Examination_ [1903].

12. Robert Smith says:

“I hear this term deep state all the time,” the former FBI director claimed. “There is no deep state, but there is a deep culture and a commitment to the rule of law, equal protection of the laws.”

• LDave says:

Yah, the leftists love “equal” protection, when they have the power to determine what “equal” means.

• G. Alistar says:

Yup, leftist have no problem with putting their thumb on the scale of justice…then whining and screaming when someone catches them. i.e., FISAgate, leakers, DNC funding the dossier, covering for HRC during the investigation….etc. ad nauseum!

13. Just some guy says:

Something does not add up here. Comey is saying he asked his friend to “release the content” of only one of his memos. But the content from two of the memos got leaked. The “loyalty oath” dinner and the “I hope you let Flynn go” conversation. Both were stories in the nyt after Comey was fired, and came from the same nyt writer.

Interestingly, one of those memos is marked classified at the top of the page and the other is marked unclassified.

14. Pete says:

Is he being careless with his statements or is he intentionally incriminating himself? He seems to be mentally tired.

15. TDU_Weight says:

James Comey:

“I see no credible claim by any serious person that I violated the law.”

“I didn’t **leak** memos, I asked a friend **to communicate the substance** of one unclassified memo to the media… and, really important, I was a private citizen, I was not an FBI employee at the time.”

“I think of a leak as the unauthorized release of classified information… that’s how I thought about it as FBI Director… unauthorized disclosures.”

“I **intentionally** gave this information to a friend **intending** that it be out in the media… I wanted it out in the media. As a private citizen I could do that and did do that. Just as I’ve written about it in my book.”

Bill Clinton:

“It all depends on what your definition of what “is” is….”

Rodney Dangerfield:

“Now I know why tigers eat their young!”

16. Guyski says:

Letting Comey write his book and do his little book tour is intentional. McCabe is also shopping around a book and I’m sure there will be no resistance from the DOJ/FBI. 😉

17. Santiago1314 says:

When do Offices of Comey’s “Lawyers”, “Friends” “Lawyers” “FBI Contractors”(what ever the Hell you want to call them) GET RAISED.!?!?!?

18. scslayer says:

What a tangled web we weave…

19. Ospreyzone says:

Deep legal jeopardy? That would presume that a sense of righteous purpose and true objectivity survives at our DOJ. Recent history causes such a presumption to strain the limits of credulity.

Jeff Sessions’ primary instinct is to safeguard the “reputation of the Department,” from which he derives his political worth. He suffers from the same normalcy bias and bureaucratic protectionism that infects most career politicians. He is given to presume that grievous harm would befall our nation if the true extent of rot within our DOJ and FBI was fully disclosed to Americans, whom he views as fragile. These deeply engrained behaviors explain the absence of any prosecutorial urgency in the midst of the clear malice around him and his unwillingness to even marginally intervene with a flagrantly corrupt deputy.

Mr. Comey knows there’s little risk this DOJ will take action against him. It’s demonstrated every day in his smug comportment and lack of observable concern from his legal team. He’s aware he still has very influential allies within the DOJ and FBI bureaucracies and understands their power.
    And sadly, as far as Comey is concerned, Jeff Sessions has been weighed, he’s been measured, and he’s been found wanting.

• Bendix says:

“FBI Special Agents must:
      1. Adhere to strict standards of conduct, especially in maintaining honesty and integrity”
      When it comes to law enforcement, a few bad apples do spoil the whole barrel. If you know of corruption and don’t do everything you can to get it out in the open where it can be cleaned up, you are dirty yourself.
      There may be a White Hat or two in a remote field office somewhere, but the FBI is rotten to the core, incompetent, expensive, and worse than useless. It has been that way for a long, long time.
      Burn it down. Salt the earth where it stood.

20. Karl Kastner says:

Time again for:

***Comey at the Stand***

The outlook wasn’t brilliant, for Bureau Corrupts that day,
    Trump defeated Hillary, so “insurance policy” went into play.
    But when Page had texts discovered, Strzok by association had the same,
    a swell of deep denial rose, from liberals of the game.

Well reasoned few got up to leave their party in disgust,
    the rest clung to collusion, since their fake news said they must.
    They thought, “If Comey’s gospel, can deliver truth across our land.”
    “We’ll double down our hopes and dreams, with Comey at the stand.”

But Ohr preceded Comey, as also did McCabe,
    Former a demoted DOJ, the latter flush with legal aid.
    So upon that biased “Small Group”, a day of reckoning at hand?
    for there seemed but little chance, of Comey subpoenaed to the stand.

But Ohr had struck an early deal, stabbing Comey-Brennan in the back,
    and McCabe fresh off his firing, decried political attack.
    So when the court resumed, the whole affair was getting smelly,
    McCabe burned through his Go Fund Me, with Bruce Ohr a-hugging Nellie.

Then from five million throats and maybe more, there rose a bloodlust yell,
    it rumbled down throughout D.C., and raised the wrath of hell.
    It resounded off the Capital, and shook the Jury great and Grand,
    for Comey, honorable Comey, was advancing to the stand.

There was ease in Comey’s manner as his entrance awed the place,
    there was pride in Comey’s bearing and no sweat on Comey’s face.
    He acknowledged adulation, then he firmly raised his hand,
    no conservative dared cast a doubt, ‘twas Comey at the stand.

Ten million eyes were on him, he stretched the collar of shirt,
    five million viewers sympathized, once he professed his honor hurt.
    When just before the cross exam, Huber raised water to his lips,
    defiance flashed in Comey’s eyes, determined not to flip.

From the bound and leather law books, came violation of Bureau code,
    but Comey snidely looked askance, in haughty grandeur mode.
    Close to the ex Director, charge lands on agency he led—
    “I didn’t authorize the leaks”, “Charge one!” the Judge replied instead.

From the cheap seats flush with liberals, there went up an outraged roar,
    the real collusion was with Carter Page, on Russia’s distant shore.
    “Kill him! Kill the judge!” jumped someone off his seat,
    and it’s likely they’d have killed him, but Comey bid them to retreat.

Embodying “The Rule Of Law” great Comey’s halo shone,
    he stilled the Maddow zombies, he bade the questioning go on.
    He signaled “bring it” out to Huber, another accusation flew,
    Comey recalled feeling “queasy”, but the Judge ruled “that’s Charge two!”

“Treason!” cried ex supporters, and an echo answered “Treason!”
    but one scornful look from Comey, and the throng regained their reason.
    They saw his face grow stern and cold, they saw his eyebrows strain,
    they knew that Comey wouldn’t let, a charge to stick again.

The calm is gone from Comey’s brow, eyes fixed with evil look,
    he pounds his fist ironically on, the title of his autographed book.
    First John Huber reviews the charge, and next he lets it fly,
    and now the air is shattered, sheer force of Comey in reply.

Oh, finally now in Washington, the electorate is proven right,
    the Bureau investigates real crimes, back fighting the good fight.
    And throughout agents true and honest, with honor spy about,
    but there is no joy on 7th floor—mighty Comey has pled out.

21. Karl Kastner says:

Doesn’t Sir Higher Loyalty later say a couple of times that he distributed his memos SOLELY to elicit legal guidance?

I thought his original rational was to get the information out(public).

22. Karl Kastner says:

So has Comey had the chance to try his specious, self-exonerating BS on the IG yet?

23. Karl Kastner says:

24. Mickey Wasp says:

Comey speaks on his ability to ‘share’ memos to intentionally get the information before the public. He claims he had the training and authorization to ‘classify’ any documents generated by him or others, as per his status as FBI Director. He said he knows the necessary attributions for a document to be [un]classified.

Now, Comey should know what ‘others/subordinates’ can and cannot release to the public and their employment status. Here is my question… Comey claims as a ‘private citizen’ he gave the memo to Richman – was Richman still under contract with the FBI when he received the memo and ‘leaked’ them to the NYT’s .? If so, Richman knows he can’t legally ‘share’ the memos – he must’ve been briefed on as much to receive a security clearance and Comey knows this also.

So, in my estimation if Richman was still under contract – he should be charged also. Whether, the memo was not classified and then retroactively classified. Seems to me that the reporter, NYT’s Michael Schmidt could also be charged if it can be shown he knew it was classified.

• brh82 says:

I believe when Comey testified before Congress, he aid he gave the memos “to a friend” to “leak” to the NYT. Later we heard the “friend” was his “personal lawyer”, and still later we heard he is a “special employee” used for a FBI consultant when and if they need him, with the top Security Clearance and access through all the doors, so he can’t be touched by any investigators.

25. If AG Sessions “drops the MOAB” on these people, he could go down in history as one of the best AGs ever. I hope he takes advantage of that possibility. I have reservations but will give him the benefit of the doubt.

AMERICA 1st – Forever

26. youme says:

I would like to know how many people have been given access to FBI data bases. And why?

What ever they were “hired” to do, they could certainly have vetted FBI analysts do the queries for them.

27. MVW says:

Odd, Comey comes across as a typical Libtard. And as is usual, it is hard to distinguish between lies and distortion he believes himself and those that so easily flow from his lips that he does not.

• MVW says:

I would bet that Democrats find Comey to be ‘one of them,’ and conviction of Comey would therefore seem a shocking miscarriage of justice. Same will be true for the whole Obama / Hillary ball of snakes.
      This is some sort of mass insanity we are seeing, skillfully orchestrated. Red Pill / Blue Pill moment is coming up?

28. paulraven1 says:

Legal jeopardy from whom?

29. funny how comey won’t go on fox news to do any interviews with anyone. that’d be a ratings bonanza if he did an hour long session with hannity or tucker.

• Porkchop- Comey must have at least some small inking of self preservation even though he’s come close to committing suicide already as Joe DiGenova has pointed out numerous times.

• brh82 says:

That reminds me, I’ve been meaning to tell you Stormey’s attorney has recently been begging Hannity to have him on his show. “I’ll give you a whole hour, free,” he said. He is sticking with Stormey, promising her she is the single person who can take down the President of the USA. Attorney’s Twitter site forced me to renew my prescription for Nitroglycerin!

30. Margaret Berger says:

I would like to add to the what to do if the cops are talking to you. If they say , “Stand still or I will send out the dog.” Do it. That dog has just heard it’s favorite phrase. It will start barking and pulling on the leash. It is hoping praying that you will run because if you do he gets to do one of his most favorite things in the whole world…..run you down like a rabbit and catch you and shake your arm, leg whatever in his mouth to show you who is boss. If your have been dumb enough to run in the first place and you find a body part in the dog’s mouth go limp dumbo.

31. L4grasshopper says:

Will Bret Baier do a better job tonite than Cooper did?

• thedoc00 says:

No. Bret is a Chris Wallace clone and will throw supportive softball questions.

• littleanniesfannie says:

If we are really lucky, Tucker will walk on set and ask a few carefully placed questions. Hannity would be accused of being Cohen’s stooge.
        Put Tucker in “the Gang” and have Comey answer to them!!

32. thedoc00 says:

Paint me skeptical on the legal peril, we had Hillary Clinton go before congress and participate in TV interviews for weeks; first denying there even were servers and then that those servers had classified data. She finally said oopsies, I may have made a mistake. Her punishment, living in luxury and still in the discussion to be president of the US.

33. For those of you who might be feeling a bit discouraged, George Parry has another fantastic article in The Federalist that describes how the Dirty Dems may have just dug their own grave with their BS lawsuit. I highly recommend this as a one of your “must reads” for today.

34. Bean Counter says:

Anderson Cooper quick on his feet?

I thought he was already light in his

Nope, not going to say it,

35. jimboct says:

It’s out there that Comey’s professor buddy cum lawyer has a security clearance. But did he have a need to know to go along with it?
    Somebody’s going to jail.
    Wonder if Mueller issued immunity to Comey? Will it stand up?

36. TwoLaine says:

Any simpleton or SERIOUS PERSON listening to that driveling conversation will see exactly exactly what Anderson Cooper and his audience clearly saw. A liar and a leaker.

A man who not only leaked classified information to the media for personal benefit, but he published said classified information for personal benefit as well.

He has ZERO ethics, morals or self awareness, like another leaker and liar that we know.

Poor, poor little victims.