Representative John Ratcliffe (R-TX) appears on Fox News to discuss the IG report outlining the reason why former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe was fired.

Ratcliffe is one of the few members of congress who have reviewed the five Comey memos and also reviewed the unredacted FISA application used by the DOJ/FBI to conduct surveillance against the Trump campaign via Carter Page.

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, Big Government, Conspiracy ?, Deep State, Dept Of Justice, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Election 2016, FBI, Jeff Sessions, Legislation, media bias, Notorious Liars, NSA, President Trump, Spying, THE BIG UGLY, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

100 Responses to Sunday Talks: Maria Bartiromo Interviews Rep John Ratcliffe About IG Report on Andrew McCabe…

1. Becky Pacey says:

Comey is just a bad cop. He wrote the book to make money and that is all, he will no doubt do that, and I hope it all gets used up paying lawyers. I for one will not help make him any money. Others who want to read this trash should check it out at the library. I have only posted on CTH maybe one other time, but think it is a wonderful site, thank you Sundance for all your eyeopening work.

• Nigella says:

Don’t be a stranger.. We don’t bite…. much

• YvonneMarie says:

Hi Becky 👍

• RG. Getard says:

I agree it is a money play, but also as has been discussed on this site it is about trying to establish a narrative before the facts to create a “greater good” excuse for what should be iron clad law breaking. If anything worries me about events over the past two decades it is the blatant disregard of the law to the point where situational ethics has entered into the legal realm to the same extent it has corrupted the morality in our country. Illegal immigration and the response of sanctuary jurisdictions indicates how far the left has gone to insert their “moral authority” above the law. Comey I believe is going to argue he broke the law to hinder Trump because Trump is the greater evil. The MSM’s continual assault on Trump to poison the fertile minds of a bunch of people not thinking for themselves may result in Comey having some success. My hope is Trump will continue to do what is right not political.

• Howard Cosell says:

If he is the worst director ever he better be in jail sooner rather than later. If he isn’t then there really is no justice.

• texastrumper says:

Howard, this is completely off topic and dates me a little bit. I have read many of your comments (all great by the way) but my problem is…I read them in the famous “voice” of Howard Cosell! I can’t help myself!

• Howard Cosell says:

Well Texas thanks so much. I’m same vintage – god bless ol Howard. Love him or hate him he was an original. Now you have a wonderful day. MAGA.

• Bing says:

You must have also noticed in the OIG report on McCabe that McCabe’s chief of staff in part was quoted as saying (pg. 34) “I guess it serves Andy in that way, but it really, it really highlights a dysfunction between the FBI and the, and DOJ. And to that end, it doesn’t really serve the greater good”

We should all be nervous when the FBI and/or DOJ start talking about the greater good. They sure as heck are not referring to the greater good of the American people. It is all about whatever their political agenda happens to be. It is not about the oath they swore.

• Foolsgold says:

I’d be inclined to watch that rather large book of law shoved so far up he could read it in his sleep for the rest of his nites.

• Chewbarkah says:

Comey is playing the “greater good” card for two reasons. Based on his statements, he is guilty of obstruction of justice and gross abuse of office for partisan ends; his egomania leaves him no option but to believe he is in the right and is so superior he can coyly tell all and still get away with it. Hubris will be his downfall. He is better educated version of OJ.

• The left is a layer, it can flake like Mica crystals.

• G. Alistar says:

Hope he enjoys the 30 pieces of silver….dirty cop, a lier.

• queensmary says:

I like when Maria puts on her “let’s get serious” glasses.

• EddieBlake says:

I wish people would steal his book and return it to the store for store credit… instead of a royalty check, maybe he would get a bill. 🙂

2. missilemom says:

I have to admit I was kind of disappointed in the interview; nothing really new. Perhaps I missed something.

• rf121 says:

Nothing new for you because you read here a lot. Just means you are caught up but there are many out there that need to hear this.

• True. Not every interview is going to reveal startling new developments. Some, like this one, merely serve to reinforce what is already known.

• auscitizenmom says:

True, to us. But, think of the people who don’t read here. Where else would they hear it, certainly not the MSM. I get very frustrated sometimes when they have a discussion and have something wrong or don’t mention a piece of info that is important that they must not have yet, but I have heard of it here.

• thedoc00 says:

I have to disagree, a little about nothing new. The fact that McCabe has just given notice that does not intend to be the designated fall-guy is new and the influence on the FBI to fix the 2016 presidential election just “publically” moved 1 step up the food chain, 1 step away from Obama.

• pcmoreland says:

And remember what a real prosecution looks like. McCabe now knows that he has the new DOJ coming at him with perjury and lying to the FBI coming down the pike. Now McCabe had not flipped up to this point. He sat in his office as Deputy Director for over 6 months and did not come clean. Meanwhile he is absolutely clueless that he himself is being investigated and lies, lies, lies. You can’t make this up.

McCabe now is looking at actual jail time. Imagine the conversations around that dinner table. There is no one in the FBI/DOJ to write that this type of crime in never criminally prosecuted as they just prosecuted Flynn for less.

Talk, or not…. At the moment it appears that his attorney is indicating that they will not talk, but the indictment has not yet been announced. The longer they wait, the less valuable McCabe becomes if he has any value at all anyway.

And to think this guy climbed the ladder to the FBI #2 slot? OMG. He left texts out there!!! The hubris is amazing.

Finally, you notice how the IG report came within days of the Comey publication. I doubt this was an accident on the white hat side. Comey had a chance to address this in his book but either did or did not.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

” lies, lies, lies.”

They are so used to doing that they probably cannot help themselves. They might have been able to get away with all of them if HRC was in WH, but thank the Lord she is not. Those will be their undoing in the criminal trials

• An American says:

Missilemom, nothing was said about someone from Obummer’s doj telling the fbi to cool it on the cf, Clinton foundation, investigation which was reported in the just released i.g.’s report. ☹️

• missilemom says:

Pretty sure Sara Carter reported this a year ago; which she reminded this morning on Fox and Friends. I was not criticizing the posting of the Ratcliffe interview. I always watch Maria B. and thinks she has the best Sunday show. I will be careful not to make such an observation about an interview posted again. I know others who don’t read TCH on a regular basis need these shows. I read TCH and obviously watch MB’s shows along with many others.

3. frank field says:

Wow. Brains abound while he speaks of all except a light endorsement of Ryan and McCarthy. GOD. Please continue helping us. Jordan or Meadows or Gohmert for speaker would make me tear up with a smile.

DRAIN IT

4. Ausonius says:

I hope the word spreads and the disgust with Dems and the previous administration rises, so that we get some enthusiasm in NOVEMBER!!!

Certainly the MSM will keep as silent as possible, even when (if?) indictments come down: they will not explain why the Dem has broken the law, the words “supposedly,” “alleged,” and of course the phrase “witch hunt by the Trump Administration” will be used, along with the claim that the indictments are an attempt to distract from the Russian (i.e. Fake Russian) (Non)Scandal.

In other words, everything will be done to pooh-pooh all aspects of the Dems’ coup d’etat.

5. “…He’s(Comey) is not in the Justice League, he’s in the justice system.” Exactly that Mr. Ratcliffe. And soon, God willing, he’ll be ‘in the criminal justice system’.

6. RDCinPA says:

Comey is much much worse than “just a bad cop”.

He and his ilk, which include the very highest levels of the Executive Branch of the previous administration, were actively involved in subversive, illegal and immoral tactics to deprive at least one American citizen of their rights without due process, which then further advanced to activities to meddle in the USA’s election process, and then as we know continued in such a manner to deliberately undermine a duly elected POTUS, based on contrived and false evidence.

He and ALL of the conspirator’s need to pay a very very steep and heavy price for their high crimes against President Trump and the Citizens of the United States of America.

• Orygun says:

As you go up the ladder the penalties should be more severe. When the head is rotten it destroys the whole organization. Militarizing the Federal agencies and killing citizens is cause for the death penalty. There was a reason that our country was setup to have law enforcement local and minimize the federal government and this is it.

7. Pat Frederick says:

i did like the way Ratcliff listed all the ways Comey screwed up–usurping the AG’s authority–usurping Congress’s authority (adding “intent” to the statue?) and usurping SCOTUS’s power as well. Comey did value his own opinion, didn’t he?

8. Not much that can be said at this point. Maybe after the IG report in May things will be able to come out in the open a bit more. If people are going to be charged with crimes, I would hope those in charge will not be talking. Just do a bang up job of doing their job.

9. maiingankwe says:

So the top RHINOs want Kevin McCarthy to be the next speaker of the House? Oh my.

I honestly don’t know him very well. I do know that when I have seen his name written here, it has not been very nice. Plus, if the big dogs want him in, a lot of red flags are going off.

I’m going to have to read up on him and see if he was and is still a never Trumper. I’m so tired of these republicans fighting against our President every step of the way when they know our President is doing what he promised and to make our country great again. They are just so worried about their pockets not getting stuffed by bad people who are against our country and increasing its strength at home and around the world. I don’t know how they sleep at night or justify their actions that are not in the interests of their constituents. It just blows me away. Yes, I have some naivety in me too. I’m still working on that.
    Be well, and have a blessed Sunday,
    Ma’iingankwe

• Orygun says:

McCarthy was part of the Boehner posse and then the Ryan posse. Always in the background hiding in the shadows. Another Eric Cantor.

• What about Ratcliff…for speaker. My favorite is Gohmert just sayin’.

• Orygun says:

I really like Louie! He is honest to a fault and that is just what we need.
          It shouldn’t be that hard to find a honest man in DC but it is.
          I was thinking we should put a fence around DC and make it a Federal Park and make all the legislatures go home and vote through teleconference.
          Better use of the land.

• Hoosier says:

And there shall be one. The only intelligent choice. He isn’t my congress varmint so I do not have a dog in the race but it is Jim Jordan. You think he can’t twist arms? He literally trained to twist arms and get them to tap out and then went and did it.

• Would like to see someone else maybe from those that truly support President Trump and the voters agenda and get that wall funded.

• Will Janoschka says:

When two of you are running from a BEAR; you only need run faster dan da other guy!
      When running from pack Ma’iingan (Canis lupus), not so simple! 🙂

• maiingankwe says:

You’re good. Your post had me smile bigly. You’re the first one to look up my name. The ‘kwe’ part signifies my gender, female.

My daughter’s name is, Dokmegishgokwe. Her name means the calm/quiet of what one finds in the woods.

Thank you for taking the time to look it up, or you may just be familiar with Anishinabeemowin, either way, thank you for the smile.
        Be well,
        Ma’iingankwe

10. drdeb says:

California Kevin McCarthy? That is very disheartening. I sense there will be no change in the leadership of the GOP despite the wishes of the voters.

• Raven says:

Yep, and looking further down the track, if the GOP don’t start rallying behind Trump more generally, then there’s little impetus for change after Trump leaves office.

11. jmuniz1 says:

This is a joke it should upset every american no matter what party you are in. If they did this to our President imagine what they would have done to us if Clinton had won.

12. Payday says:

Bartiromo definitely does the best interview on tv. Asks the question an just listens.

• 335blues says:

Maria is very intelligent, well spoken, on of the best interviewers,
      and she’s good looking.
      Maria has the total package.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

Do you think she does the “pose” for a screen shot on CTH to match the cat, or is it just a natural pause?

• churchmouse says:

‘intelligent, well spoken’ … the result of convent school education:

‘She attended Fontbonne Hall Academy in Bay Ridge, and later graduated from New York University with a Bachelor of Arts degree with majors in journalism and economics.[9]’

‘Fontbonne Hall Academy is an all-girls, private, Roman Catholic high school in Brooklyn. It was established in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Joseph, [2] and is located within the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn.

‘Fontbonne Hall Academy is a leader in educating young women.[3] In 2013, in celebration of its 75th year, school leadership noted that throughout its history, Fontbonne have educated nearly 10,000 outstanding women who “have become noted doctors, lawyers, engineers, leaders in business and the arts, educators, mothers and even, like Sister Ita Ford, class of 1957, martyrs for their cause.”[4]

‘Fontbonne’s students predominantly come from southwest Brooklyn, southern Queens and Staten Island.[3]’

13. Donzo says:

Republicans on the relevant committees like Radcliff go out of their way to present themselves as judicious and circumspect when speaking about these most heinous of crimes. That appears to be an intended PR motif of those speaking on behalf of on-going investigations in the DOJ and legislative committees, very much in contrast to the hysteria on the other side. The White Hats are donning white gloves, but most of us, it I may say so, are ready for the executioners to get to work draining the swamp knowing the crimes are incontrovertible. This sets up a difficult dichotomy that is frustrating to all those who spend a great deal of time following these issues (thank you SD and crew) and understand just exactly how these vermin tried to destroy the very foundations of the greatest nation on Earth.

• litlbit2 says:

IMHO, relevant Committees are filled with irrelevant Republicans that continue to be not much more than chair holders. The “me too” spot for thirty years except for the few times you could count on one hand missing three fingers.

The republicans from my state are a big nothing burger lapping up taxpayer benefits. Come November 2018 the smart folks pull the masks off the candidates.

• thedoc00 says:

It would be nice but the problem is not enough Trump leaning Republicans are on the ticket, so we are again left with voting for the best of two very bad choices. Way too few establishment politicians were actually dumped in the primaries.

• Donzo says:

I should Have been more specific re: relevant committees. I’m talking about Nunes, Goodlatte, Grassley, Radcliffe, etc. They are always very cool customers on screen considering how pissed off they must be with the DOJ, not to mention people like Schiff. I suspect that Sessions told them long ago about Huber and that much of their complaining was for the cameras, lest people get the notion they didn’t care truly about the Big Ugly. They took a lot of heat for appearing to be pulling a Gowdy on us. I know the overhanging leak consideration was ever present and SD has commented that they might not have been in the loop until after the Nunez Memo.

• Deplorable_Infidel says:

“relevant Committees are filled with irrelevant Republicans”

Members of Congress HAVE TO PAY to get put on committees.Then lobbyists shower the committee members with cash in the form of “campaign contributions”

The process has been corrupted by the “party establishment”!

14. Rodney G. Graves says:

That’s a long row to hoe considering J. Edgar’s record.

15. Payday says:

As for McCarthy. He would definitely be my last choice. But from all I have read and seen, he seems to now be supporting the Trump agenda Hope it’s real if he gets it. He seems to look after himself #1. And today that entails leading the Trump agenda. Guess we’ll see.

• KBR says:

Kevin McCarthy was at Sea Island Georgia “Stop Trump” meeting prior to the nomination.

Kevin even said he thought Putin was “paying Trump,” then when a recording of that came out later, he said it was meant as “a joke.” Not something to joke about is it?

Kevin was given an award by COC Tom Donohue.

Kevin has since changed his tune, trying to kiss up, but frankly I do not believe him and see not one shred of evidence of sincerity in this man. If he repented of his anti-Trumpness he did it far too late to matter much in gaining the trust of real Trump supporters.

Kevin is Ryan the second. Ryan was Boehner the second. How long will this go on?

• KBR says:

later, he said it was meant as “a joke.” Not something to joke about is it?

Kevin was given an award by COC Tom Donohue.

• He also, if my memory serves, was part of the bumbling, keystone cops-like investigation into Benghazi and Cankle’s role in it. His wing-man, Trey Gowdy. Two willing dupes for the GOPe.

• nimrodman says:

McCarthy and Gowdy SUNK the Benghazi hearings in the final week.

First, in the lead-up week I think it was, a reporter asked McCarthy in a hallway if the hearings were just a trumped-up way to “GET” Hillary. McCarthy basically said “Yes”, tarnishing the objectivity of the hearings.

Then, in the hearing, Gowdy had a kill shot he didn’t use. I forget the specifics but there was significant news that broke that week, maybe it was about the stand-down orders and that planes in Italy or somewhere were revved up and waiting for the go order. Maybe it was something else, I don’t remember, but I do remember that it was highly significant and Hillary was implicated. Someone with better memory might recall what it was.

Gowdy didn’t even bring it up. Didn’t even ask her.

Threw the game, basically.

• tdaly14 says:

Sea Island meet up isn’t a new thing. Those meetings happen every two years.

• abstain says:

I like Steve Salise for the job.

• tdaly14 says:

I think Kevin McCarthy is way more Trump than Paul Ryan ever was. I’ve never heard him bash President Trump and he’s done a lot of work on the new upgrade to our computer systems within our gov agencies that hasn’t been done for over 50 years. He’s also working on vocational schools.

16. Sneaky Pete says:

The crawler reads: “Comey hints at “unknown developments” regarding Fmr.Atty Gen’l Lynch and the Clinton email probe.” That’s from Comey’s book. Maybe it refers to the tarmac meeting, maybe to quashing the Weiner laptop probe, maybe both. Why is Comey threatening Lynch unless they’re all jockeying to make sure they don’t become the principal fall-guy as McCabe seems to be so far. Personally I don’t think any of them have a chance of surviving this. I don’t even think the FBI survives intact.

17. outerlimitsfan says:

The good news for our side is that Comey, McCabe and Lynch may start turning their weapons on each other. You see small hints of that already. Especially McCabe who seems to have the most to lose right now. Especially if he faces criminal charges. His defense team would have to go after those above him to try and save his butt MCCabe has lied many times, but I think he is being truthful when he says those above him were putting pressure on him(Lynch especially)

• outerlimitsfan says:

Or perhaps a better way to put it is that he was a willing participant, but not the ringleader. So he is being half truthful. He is probably pissed about being the one to take the blame though.

• Raven says:

He [McCabe] is probably pissed about being the one to take the blame though.

Certainly, and he did say he wasn’t going down alone.
        When push comes to shove, I reckon he’ll do a Lisa Page job on Comey & Lynch.
        One more rung closer to Obama.

• Sneaky Pete says:

Yeah Lynch is in deep doo-doo. She’s a real believer, thinks she’s down for the struggle. In her mind, that would justify doing anything to ensure the Obama-Clinton social justice polices prevail. Now she’ll pay for her arrogance and hubris, thinking she’s above the law.

18. Mike diamond says:

Comeys new book stinks so bad they can only sell them in a tent out doors! Come y should be in prison,he stands six foot 8 weighs 244,and lied to Congress on the Senate floor! I agree with President Trump Comey,is the worst fb I director of all time!

• DanO64 says:

I call it the UniComey Manifesto. It all about HIM.

• thedoc00 says:

On the bright side Comey’s book and every thing he does in Public is actually the best thing the president could have happen. Comey has essentially admitted the bias motive existed to fix the election and attack Trump as well as validated all of Trump’s claims. In addition, he is shedding light on the other roaches with is deep rooted desire of self preservation.

• JX says:

Comey is a mental case. At the end of a meeting he calls Trump aside to a private meeting, tells him about this “dossier”, Trump asks him to investigate it, Comey dissuades him saying it would appear the FBI was investigating him and his campaign (they were but Comey doesn’t tell him that), then goes out to his government limo and types a memo on his government computer claiming he was disturbed by Trump. Now 6’8″ Comey is comparing the size of his hands to Trump’s. What kind of psycho does that?

Coup plotter Comey may be preparing a insanity defense.

• Raven says:

Also, he didn’t tell Trump that the Steele dossier was bought and paid for by the Clinton campaign. He thought that didn’t matter for his purposes!

I mean, really?
          He was happy enough to say it was “salacious and unverified” but not who paid for it?
          He was specifically briefing the President on this and thought that little detail didn’t matter.
          Unbelievable . .

19. beigun says:

The Texan twice mentioned that Comey’s actions had “grave national security consequences.”

Add FISA abuse from the upcoming chapter of the OIG report and then Huber can forward pass Comey to the Grand Jury.

20. Wayne Robinson says:

These filthy pigs are like school yard bullies . They dont have backbone enough to stand ontheir own feet mcabe is reported as saying ” i was pressured by high official in DOJ ” fact is punk is hiding behind a womans dress . There is no excuse for what he has done . The same goes for Comey he is a punk . This is quality of people the democrats want in positions of piwer and influence little nice rats not men . I know straight up criminals that have more integrity in their little fingers than these punks have in their entire body . Comey was corrupted by Clintons a long time ago . This is how piwers of darkness getcontrol by people compromising and breaking the law then they have you by short hairs

21. Summary of James Comey’s book:

A disgruntled political hack with a psychotic sense of self-importance writes personal insults about the man who fired him.

There, I saved you time and money.

You’re welcome!

22. Mark McQueen says:

Great interview. But I’m not a McCarthy fan. I don’t see him as a unifier, we can do better.

23. Elwood says:

Anyone here remember the words: Deny, deny, deny?

If Comedy makes a cent of the book will all be going to his lawyer soon.

24. snailmailtrucker says:

Maria gets Better and Better with age !