Chris McDaniel Will Run for Open Mississippi Senate Seat…

Announcement from senate candidate Chris McDaniel – Today, Chris McDaniel announced that he will run for the United States Senate seat being vacated by Senator Thad Cochran. The seat will become open on Aprl 1, the date of Cochran’s retirement.

Cochran’s departure from the Senate will trigger a special election to fill his unexpired term. McDaniel has been getting a lot of encouragement from his supporters to run in the open seat. Supporters say an open seat is the best path for McDaniel to win election to the United States Senate.

“By announcing early, we are asking Mississippi Republicans to unite around my candidacy and avoid another contentious contest among GOP members that would only improve the Democrats’ chances of winning the open seat,” McDaniel said. “If we unite the party now and consolidate our resources, we can guarantee Donald Trump will have a fighter who will stand with him.”

The open seat is the same seat McDaniel competed for in the 2014 Republican primary where he received the most votes with 49.5 percent of the total. Cochran, however, prevailed after 40,000 Democrats voted in the GOP run-off, giving Cochran a win by just over 6,000 votes.

Donors looking to increase the Republican majority in the U.S. Senate that would like to avoid a contentious primary in deep red Mississippi have strongly supported the idea of McDaniel running in the open seat. Many GOP donors complained about the recent election in Alabama where Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s PAC, the Senate Leadership Fund, alone spent more than $8 million to target conservative Congressman Mo Brooks. That effort led to Roy Moore winning the Republican nomination and subsequentely being defeated by Democrat Doug Jones, the first Democrat to win a U.S. Senate seat in conservative Alabama since Richard Shelby, now a Republican, won in 1992.

“When you look at how the establishment works to keep conservatives like Mo Brooks from winning a U.S. Senate seat only to lose the seat entirely, you have to conclude that Mitch McConnell and his lieutenants would rather lose a seat to a Democrat than elect a conservative,” said McDaniel.

“It’s no secret that the Mississippi Republican establishment has been coordinating with Mitch McConnell to do everything in their power to keep me from getting elected to the United States Senate, just as they did with Mo Brooks,” said McDaniel. “Mitch McConnell wants to hand-pick our next Senator. I understand why. It’s because they know that I won’t be answering to them, I’ll be answering to the voters of Mississippi and putting Mississippi first.”  – Visit Campaign Website HERE

For those who were unaware…. long before any announcement from presidential candidate Donald Trump, he was paying close attention to the 2014 primary challenge mounted by Chris McDaniel against GOPe decepticon Thad Cochran.

Long after the Mitch McConnell and Haley Barbour corrupt GOP political apparatus targeted McDaniel…. Trump never forgot:

That’s Mitch Tyner (circled), Chris McDaniel’s lawyer who was standing shoulder-to-shoulder fighting against the GOPe regime.

This entry was posted in Christian Values, Decepticons, Deep State, Donald Trump, Election 2018, Legislation, media bias, Mitch McConnell, President Trump, Tea Party, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

102 Responses to Chris McDaniel Will Run for Open Mississippi Senate Seat…

1. daughnworks247 says:

Mississippi here.
    I need more wine – AND POPCORN.

2. wheatietoo says:

Has the GOPe put forward their candidate yet?

• fleporeblog says:

In this case they won’t because McDaniel is doing the right thing and running for the open seat rather than against Wicker who is also up for reelection in November. Plus our President will support McDaniel given the tweet SD shared above from 2014.

This was the best scenario which will give us every chance to win both seats in November.

• andrewalinxs says:

Not at the moment. the plan was are current government goes for the seat after hsi current term but Thad Cochran health messed the GoP plan up now they still might try it and simply put Tate Reeves the Lt Gov in the position to hold until it is time for Phil Bryant to run.

3. daughnworks247 says:

FYI – word on the ground is that Jim Hood is running for Cochran’s open seat. Hood is the Attorney General.

4. Pam says:

I don’t live in Mississippi but I wish McDaniel the best of luck against the swamp since I have two senators from my state (NC) who reside there 😉

• lady4trump says:

I hope and pray the Republican Party doesn’t come out against him as McConnell has been doing. Mitch McConnell is a bloodsucker in our Party and he can’t leave Congress soon enough to suit me!
      I pray McDaniel all the best in endorsements and money, and will send him a few modest donations myself. I hope you all will.

5. Bree says:

Sounds like a great plan.lets defeat the lousy goo.

6. benifranlkin says:

It’s all coming back to me now….how McTurtle and the Barbour boys did McDaniel so wrong. But the most tragic part of it all was Mc Daniel’s loyal supporter and local attorney who took his own life after being implicated in facilitating the taking of pictures of Thad Cochran’s bedridden wife in a nursing home. It was well known that Thad had a long time affair with the woman who owned the house he live in in DC. Thad and that woman later married about 10 minutes after his poor old wife died in Mississippi.

7. Kathy says:

Great news. McDaniel was cheated out of that seat when he was leading with 49 percent and MS had a runoff. McDaniel lost after the final vote a few weeks later when Haley Barbour sent in the “baby Barbours” AKA his nephews to have robocalls calling McDaniel a racist and passing voting money around through a Democratic preacher. Lots of Democrats illegally crossed over and voted Cochran in. Really sad. It would be great for McDaniel to win that seat now.

• Old Lady says:

Illegally? Explain yourself.

• Dave from MS says:

Most likely illegally is a better term. If you vote in the Democratic primary on the first ballot or first round, then you aren’t allowed to vote Republican on the second ballot. tens of thousands of democrats crossed over in the second round and voted for Cochran. This isn’t illegal if you did not vote in the first round or voted Republican in the first round.

There is really no way to enforce the rule and there were probably more illegal crossovers than the difference in the vote.

It is a dumb law and unenforceable, MS should have a closed primary.

• magic8192 says:

Most likely illegal is a better term.

In MS, if you vote in the first round of the primary, you aren’t allowed to cross over on the runoff/second round of the primary. When Cochran ended up losing the first round of the primary, but McDaniel did not win 50%, it triggered a run off. In the runoff/second round of the primary, tens of thousands of Democrats crossed over and voted for Cochran.

There is no real way to prove that the Democrats voted illegally, but everyone knows that they did. The primary law in MS is dumb and unenforceable. MS should have a closed primary.

8. sunnydaze says:

I love the idea of a rep. that actually speaks out about RINOs seemingly WANTING to lose to the Dems.

Let’s face it, that is pretty unusual.

I like this guy already.

• Turranos says:

Yes, it is a shame that everyone is not aware of the RINOs and that everyone is not speaking and pointing fingers at them. I sure wish that awareness was amplified a 1000%.

9. sunnydaze says:

Fantastic that Trump supported him before he was even President!

10. daughnworks247 says:

Can’t stand McDaniel. Sorry guys.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Since you are local to this race do you mind sharing why you don’t like him. Did you like Thad Cochran better? Did you agree with the ’14 primary methods of the GOPe?

• lokiscout says:

Well that tells me a lot!

• formerdem says:

please tell us why. is he a dud? tell us please…

• Kaco says:

How about a reason why you can’t? I’d be interested to know.

Why I don’t like McDaniel, Reader’s Digest version:
        Husband is local county chair for Repub Party and my family has been in politics, every race, since the 60’s. Sometimes I play the old sage matriarch and other times I bring the chips and dip……. but I always listen. We own a large B&B in the area and many of the fundraisers, backdoor meetings, are held in our home. Chair of Ways and Means had his second wedding here and all the Congressman/Senators/Sup Court judges make their way through eventually. Roger Wicker was at my first wedding and at my son’s baby shower. From William Winter, down through Trent Lott, and every governor (even the last Dem one), they all end up at my table.
        Although I am not advocating for specific legislation, you can tell a lot about a man when he is relaxed, away from the limelight, and sitting on a stool in the kitchen.

1. Within the surrounding 6-8 counties, many of the state reps and state senators are old/new friends. As Repubs, we are careful not to trust one source, but we pay attention when multiple sources, over several years, confirm the same thing. McDaniel is almost universally despised at the State House and it’s NOT because of ideology. It’s a personal character flaw. McDaniel is seen as an arrogant showboat, a short trial lawyer with short man syndrome, and always looking for a camera to promote himself. ANYTHING but a team player – and that’s being kind in my description. It reminds me of the way some describe Ted Cruz.

2. In 2014, McDaniel held a rally in Tupelo, his home town. Ted Cruz was supposed to come. Cruz cancelled at the last minute cuz he learned a particular minister was also speaking. The minister was one who is so far right he advocated for the killing of gays. Cruz was tipped off only a few hours before the event and did not show. No matter what anyone thinks about gay marriage, killing gay people is not a particularly Christian stance. McDaniel was making the people of Mississippi look horrible, by supplying fodder, for the MSM. McDaniel embarrassed us and it was a rookie mistake.

3. Most Treepers are familiar with the 2014 primary so I won’t go into it here. Please don’t paint McDaniel as an innocent victim.

4. From 2014 – 2016, we repeatedly asked McDaniel to speak to our little club. He would book and cancelled, over and over again with lame excuses, something no well-bred southern gentleman would do. Be kind to those who support you. Heck, I was trying to be objective and help the guy. Biz friends from Tupelo, McDaniels home, reported similar stories. Promises of support/help, only to evaporate as soon as McDaniels found a camera or a newsman.

5. In 2016, at the state convention for delegates, it was the McDaniels wing of supporters (and we know them) who were trying to steal Trump’s delegates for Cruz. It was NOT the establishment GOPe. Speaks volumes. It was a bloodbath folks.

6. Weird short story which reveals much.
        In 2017, McDaniel did show up to an event we arranged at a local community center. McDaniel, Campaign Manager, and two others needed overnight accommodation, so, we blocked out the night on their behalf, weeks in advance, free of charge to their campaign. At the event, McDaniel and campaign manager, knew the schedule, said they would see us later. Husband was in charge of the event, ran the program, and introduced McDaniel.
        They never showed. They just left. No phone call, nothing. About 10pm, we finally got a hold of McDaniel, he said “oh, just cancel those reservations”.
        Very rude.
        Here’s where it gets funny.
        A few months later, McDaniel ran into us again, knew exactly who we were, and thanked us profusely, in front of others, for staying with us….
        …. which he never did.
        He went on and on, with others hanging on his every word, about how wonderful our B&B was.
        McDaniel was lying…….. and he was so smooth it was spooky.
        Why would someone lie about where they spent the night, something so unimportant?

The incident set of red warning lights for me. I recall the first time I saw John Edwards, and knew something was “off” about the guy. Could not put my finger on it but an overwhelming instinct to run in the opposite direction. Yet, with McDaniel, it was not a “feeling”, I caught him myself.

7. Don’t know how to say this…. As objectively as possible, what I see, is the support for McDaniel is purely running on emotion. It’s not rational. When I quiz one of his supporters, delicately, they have no idea what McDaniel stands for, and no idea about his positions in the state house. His supporters are almost exclusively hard right evangelicals (the hardest possible right wing – far beyond most other evangelicals) and mostly women who are insanely mean and vicious (not exactly Christian) in spirit.
        They are rabid in their support of McDaniel, again, reminding me of Cruzbots we faced.

8. Any voter with a little bit of background understands the power of seniority on Congressional and Senate committees. It’s what we talk about, over coffee, when we are not talking about SEC football. Cochran, although despised, had enormous power. Wicker, with over a decade in, is becoming senior leadership, which is important to the state of Mississippi. For Mississippi, to lose Cochran’s seniority, AND Wicker’s seniority on committees, would be devastating. We would have been a small state with two freshman senators.

9. As a Trumper, and a Treeper, I’m all in when it comes to draining the swamp. I would be happy to vote for new blood if the guy/gal was good and even mildly rational. Yet, everything I know about McDaniel has warning lights going off. I can’t point to ANYTHING McDaniel has done from 2014-2017 to help the citizens of MS — and I’m looking for a reason to support the guy.
        It’s all about him.
        Can’t do it.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed account of first hand experience. I am not pro McDaniels but I hated what I saw in the MS primary of ’14 on the part of the party. I am pro legit primary fir the conservative voters of MS to decide and not tricks from DC. I found the RNC as repulsive in MS in ’14 as I did their write campaign in Alaska but it was ’14 that my eyes were opened.

• daughnworks247 says:

Good morning Alaska, early for you. Wow, that write-in campaign was wild in your state. You’re right though, 2014 was a wake-up call for us all. Thank God for Sundance during those days.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Who do you support in this primary?

• daughnworks247 says:

For the Cochran seat, I have no idea and I’m no expert, for sure.
            I have this weird feeling though….
            In our state there is always controversy between north and southern parts. The Wicker/McDaniel race was seen as the Senate seat of the north. Wicker’s main office is in Tupelo, same city as McDaniel.
            Weird, eh?
            For McDaniel to cross over, and boldly claim the southern Senate seat is a strong move, politically, but ooooo it will make some mad.
            Greg Harper, Congressman from Dist 2 is retiring at the end of session. He SAYS he is going back to private practice but he would have been a popular choice for this seat.
            Congressman Palazzo is the rep from the southern coast and I don’t think he is moving.
            Congressman Bennie Thompson, is the CHAIR of the Black Caucus, a staunch DEM, and longest serving MS rep. If Thompson came out and declared, it would turn MS into a battleground for racism, a la Soros and dems, for 2018, and draw national attention. MS by demo, is 39.6% black, so he would have a strong chance to win if he ran on a pure racism ticket.

Remember, they have all the quotes from Cochran’s own campaign about how McDaniel is the alleged racist —— which is NOT true, of course. Yet, McDaniels lawsuit is premised on the fact that “40K blacks crossed over and voted against me”. It’s a tinderbox for sure.

I can’t imagine anything worse for the state of MS than to perpetuate the stereotype but it sounds like something the left would do. I’m thinking like a Dem operative here (and their goal is to inflict the most damage), and a MSM spun narrative would be a nightmare for Repubs in 2018 – and a replay of the 1960’s — for those protesters, on buses, who missed the first Civil Rights movement. I can see CNN now.

Of course, Bennie is older now and would lose, but it would not matter to the Dems (and Obama/Jarrett) who would use him as a pawn to push the narrative.

• daughnworks247 says:

Wait, we just learned Bennie Thompson has refiled to run for his current Congressional seat so he is NOT crossing over to run for Senate.
              He filed yesterday.
              Whew.

• Cat Lady says:

Too bad about Harper, I would definitely support him!! Palazzo is my Congress critter.. sort of a placeholder and reliable vote. Better than that “Nancy Pelosi liberal in sheep’s clothing” Gene Taylor but not much. isn’t there SOMEONE good to run?? Can’t someone talk Phil into running?? He’d be great!!

• dadawg says:

Good story but Chris McDaniel is not from Tupelo. I believe he’s from Laurel. He’s a state senator from the 42nd district.

• Cat Lady says:

Hear, hear, daughnworks247!! My version would be much shorter since I don’t have personal experience with the man, but I agree 1000% with the rest!! May I add that you, daughnworks247, are in good company since his campaign manager ALSO stood me up at a high profile oil and gas conference in Houston in 2014!! In fact, does she actually show up for anything?? I can name numerous other situations where she, herself an elected official, was expected at events and was rude and disrespectful by not showing (no phone call before OR after the fact, nothing)!!! I met her several times in 2012 and was so impressed, then she disappeared during the 2014 campaign!! Unwilling to answer awkward questions?? You tell me- she’s been incommunicado to me and everyone I know ever since.

• daughnworks247 says:

THAT woman, and I am pointing my finger, was unreal.
            Completely unprofessional.
            I’ve never seen such a disorganized campaign in my life. I felt sorry for McDaniel but the problem went on for YEARS……….., and was perpetuated by McDaniel, himself, dropping commitments.
            WTheck?

• Old Lady says:

McDaniel has been running for this job since he first entered MS politics. Camera hog from day one, comical, but sad to watch.

• josco scott says:

Thanks for the lengthy account! And for your service to GOP.

What you described does sound very similar to criticism of Cruz/supporters. I was an early Cruz supporter and saw some elements of what was described, certainly–HATED his behavior at convention–but overall he’s a strong presence and a very smart guy.

True conservatives will attract some fringe people; no doubt about that–the smoother people will tend to be drawn to Establishment GOP… one of my kids worked for a GOP congressman and often mocked the more right-wing members. However, even if manners aren’t perfect and rookie mistakes made–I’d welcome him if indeed he supports Trump.

I did already see someone tweet about sexual misconduct (?)
                But that seems to be a reflex. After Cain, Trump, Moore, and all of Allred’s victims, I assume such allegations to be lies.

• daughnworks247 says:

Never heard a whisper about sexual misconduct for McDaniel. Nothing.
                  Won’t go there.
                  Almost all of MS is red, and deep red.
                  We were ALL Tea Partiers and when McDaniel came out, we supported him, of course.
                  AS DID TRUMP.
                  There was also the GOPe wing of the party, the Barbour, Cochran, types.
                  When the pic of Mrs. Cochran was taken, the line was crossed and McDaniel was blamed. McDaniel threw up his hands and for weeks, claimed victim status.
                  Barbour/McConnell took off the gloves and slapped him.

In 2015, when Trump started running, the McDaniel crew remained loyal to Cruz, and became visceral and nasty in their support. When Trump was running in the primary, he attempted outreach to the McDaniel wing, but McDaniel betrayed Trump’s previous “endorsement” and went with Cruz. I had my biz threatened, lost friendships, quit going to church for a while, because it was so bad.

When Cruz started stealing delegates in Louisiana (first), the situation here was even worse. As we entered the state convention, as Trump supporters, we expected a fight from the GOPe, but what we got was an full attack from the McDaniel people. I’ve never seen anything like it. AND Trump won our state by the highest margins to that point.

That McDaniel is touting any kind of previous support/endorsement from Trump, circa 2014, when he spit in Trump’s eye, all throughout 2015-2016, only to wrap his arms around Trump in late 2017-2018 ——— is politics at it’s worst.

• nottiredofwinning says:

I don’t know you and I’m not from Mississippi, but I actually don’t trust any one- local or national who is as embedded in the local Republican party as much as you are. So, I decided to look up Cochran’s conservative record- out of 100 Senators he is #43 He’s less conservative than John McCain, Mitch McConnel, and Jeff Flake!!!! That tells me all I need to know. I hope McDaniels wins this seat!!

• I like the way you think

Several of us worked for McDaniel during the 2014 race in MS in Hinds , Madison, Rankin and Attala Counties. He is a fine Christian person who is very genuine.

We supported Trump and worked for him in 2016.

While working for McDaniel, we drove to Ellisville MS where his father or mother taught at a community college in that small MS town in South East MS. Chris grew up there in red brick home. I have never heard of him living in Tupelo. He was wonderful to work for and we did it free of charge.

Sincerely,
            Kay Skipper

Go, Chris McDaniel!
            MAGA x 10

• daughnworks247 says:

Then you would probably be surprised that I voted for McDaniel in BOTH the primary and the run-off.
              Easy to stand on the outside and criticize.

11. alliwantissometruth says:

This is what drives me nuts. There’s so many actual conservatives who, through ignorance, apathy or just plain stupidity, still fall for the absolute bullshit the RINO’s push on them

What is so hard about taking a little time & researching what’s really taking place, especially with the revelations regarding the Deep State & the obscene amount of corruption & criminality?

It’s not difficult to peel back the layers of deception. Hell, I was fooled for years, thinking some globalist RINO’s were on our side, but all it took was reading, & thinking for myself, & the wool was pulled off my eyes

There’s way too many decent Americans who are still stuck on stupid, & it’s affecting all of us

I don’t know how we wake these people up, but we’re in a fight for our country, our destinies & our children’s futures, & we’d better all get on the same page soon

The Deep State, the UniParty & the Marxist left isn’t screwing around, they want us regulated to second class citizens, (slaves) & we can’t afford working against our own interests, as we supply those who oppose us with political allies

12. dadawg says:

Governor has ten days after Thad officially retires to name an interim until the special election in November. Halley “Boss Hawg” Barbour will decide.

13. Garavaglia says:

Mississippi here. The anti-McDaniel propaganda started at least a week ago..internet and TV..claiming he spoke poorly of Trump supporters. I sense he is a huge threat to the powers that be.

• sunnydaze says:

Gawd. They are going to go guns ablazing at MAGA candidates.

Hope Mississippians know that and are savvy.

• Mike says:

If only, McDaniel is a snake. Ever see that in someone and nobody else does? The Bush family for example. I never could vote for one and never will. And I don’t want to go nearly that far with someone like say Fred Thompson but I remember people being enthusiastic fans and saying I just don’t see it. He was ok but these people thought he was Super-Reagan.

• Kaco says:

Did you catch what PAC is credited for the ads?

• daughnworks247 says:

But McDaniels did speak poorly of Trump and supporters during 2015-2016. I was there and it was a firestorm. McDaniels was all in for Cruz. Bloodbath at state convention, stealing delegates which Trump had already won. And it WAS the McDaniels people, not the GOPe, who were the Phil Bryant (current governor) supporters at the time.

I’ve never seen such nastiness to a fellow Repub.

• ivanthenuc says:

Just read the post above to validate your point. The powers that be are well prepared to destroy anyone in their way.

14. sunnydaze says:

Scott Presler was backing him in 2014, too.

15. Maquis says:

I’m in.

16. Donna in Oregon says:

Maybe he’s a relative of old Ronna McDaniel and she’ll finally get off her rump and do some work. I never thought I’d miss Rense Priebus…..I miss Rense. I miss Rense a lot. He knew how to win.

Nothing from Mittens family is going to work for a 21st Century GOP. Give her the boot Mr. President, please while we still have a chance!!!

17. scott467 says:

““Mitch McConnell wants to hand-pick our next Senator. I understand why.”

___________________

Because Mitch McConnell is a corrupt bastard who belongs in Gitmo.

Along with Haley Barbour and his entire Treason-entourage.

18. Mercenary says:

Wasn’t there some local Mississippi folks on here claiming that McDaniel is not a great candidate and that we should not be cheering for him?

While the bar is set incredibly low with Cochran, we want a MAGA candidate who is respectable and will fight for the President’s policies. I admittedly know almost nothing about McDaniel aside from the fact that the Mississippi GOP Machine destroyed him during the election.

If the reports are true that McDaniel is a sub-par candidate, we are really going to have to come up with a strategy for the local state parties. It seems whether it’s Saccone in PA or Moore in Alabama, the state parties are not producing quality candidates. I listened to Saccone “campaign” in an interview with Laura Ingraham and was disgusted by his lack of passion.

President Trump needs all the help he can get. Mississippi should be a lock in the bag win for the Republican Party – let’s hope he gets a top-notch Senator who is not a RINO member of the Old Guard GOP Establishment.

On a sidenote, I just wrote a piece about how Trump is solidifying control over the government and I sense a major escalation from him in the works. Read it if you are interested: https://criminalsandliars.wordpress.com/2018/03/14/trump-signals-major-political-offensive-as-he-solidifies-his-control-over-government/

• Cat Lady says:

Yes, speaking as a Mississippian, McDaniel is a butt hurt idiot and I wouldn’t vote for him for dog catcher if he ran unopposed!! If it’s him vs Hood I might have to stay home!! Very very disappointed in him AND his campaign staff during his last campaign. Unless someone else gets in this race, I think we should get used to saying Senator Hood!!

• Cat Lady says:

And by the way, Cochran won fair and square last time!!! McDaniel is deluded and out of touch with reality if he thinks it was “stolen.” I am close to multiple election commissioners and followed the situation closely at the time, and know that for a fact.

• Kaco says:

I’m not in Mississippi but I am curious why all the vitriol toward him. Can you explain why you can’t stand him?

• daughnworks247 says:

Agree with Cat Lady, husband is election commissioner too.
            See upthread as to my own reason I can’t do McDaniel.

• ivanthenuc says:

How interesting of you to say that. So you believe that the GOP uniparty of MS was above board when they encourage democrats to cross over and vote for their candidate, even though many of those dems may have broken your own election laws by doing so? And of course it was perfectly fair and square of the powers that be to push a senile old man across the finish line rather than replacing him with someone who could actually think for himself just so they were assured of a yes vote on everything they wanted while they did nothing to fight or oppose obama?
          McDaniel may or may not be a decent candidate and may or may not be a good senator and fight the uniparty, but he would certainly be better than what is there now and if he isn’t good then you could try the novel approach of replacing him in the next election.

My BS meter is pegging high today.

Are you kidding me?
            I was all in for McDaniel in the beginning.
            2014 was a nightmare primary, for sure, and both sides were awful.
            In 2015-2016, it is an absolute fact that McDaniels and his supporters were rabidly anti-Trump and horrific when it came to stealing delegates which Trump won.
            Because of other state conventions and their GOPe ruthlessness, like what happened in Tennessee and Nebraska, we went to the convention prepared to do battle with GOPe.
            I was STUNNED when it turned out to be the McDaniels people instead, which were the problem.

• NoJuan Importante says:

My recollection, though it might be faulty, was there was enough democratic cross over vote in the primary to fend off McDaniel. Is that what the complaint was, that Republicans were soliciting democrats to vote in the republican primary?

• daughnworks247 says:

Yes, funded by $240K from the NRSC, for which Rand Paul and Ted Cruz were chairmen. They paid for the robocalls.

• NoJuan Importante says:

Weird. I thought he was a Cruz supporter. I’m confused.

• daughnworks247 says:

Although Paul and Cruz were Co-Chairs of the NRSC, we all know McConnell pulled the strings. Cruz fell in line and signed the check which, in turn, burned his “buddy” McDaniel.
                Hat to say it, but again, Chamber of Commerce money/pulling strings, is at the heart of the problem.

• Mercenary says:

Will he support all of the President’s policies though?

• Cat Lady says:

He’s such an egomaniac, he might stand up for our VSGPDJT’s policies, or he might be the next John McCain.

• Summer says:

So, I gather you voted for Cochran? Was he a better candidate, in your opinion?
            I know nothing about McDaniels. What do you mean by “egomaniac?” Sounds mental.

• Cat Lady says:

Absolutely, 100% Cochran was a better candidate!! Let’s be honest, he and Wicker have been in office a while but are they REALLY problematic swamp rats?? Give me ONE example of where either of them caused problems and didn’t support the policies of an R president?!?! Drain the swamp, yes, but I don’t think those 2 are the problem..

• daughnworks247 says:

That’s it – that’s it, he reminds me of McCain, or the way Mike Lee has been acting lately, trying to strip our President of his power on tariffs. Weird behavior.

19. nonniemae says:

I know Chris to be a brilliant conservative. He is a loving husband, father and son. He knows and is concerned about the hell this race will be on his young family (from the establishment republicans). I may not comment or read comments on Chris’ race again because I am too thin skinned about my friend.

I am 100% behind Chris! My money and time are pledged to his contest. Hotty Toddy!

• Old Lady says:

Hotty Toddy. You sound like Sheppard Smith. Eww.

• mnlakes says:

I’m glad you commented. I see the comments way different from you. I see many standing up for Chris, I see more willing to stand behind him and I saw 1 comment ( unless I missed some) that said they didn’t like him but they gave no reason why.
      Let us know how we can help. I can make phone calls

20. NoJuan Importante says:

So I presume McDaniel has been vetted extensively? No dates with 14 year olds from 40 years ago? No gay lovers? No shady business deals, no lawsuits, no divorces? Didn’t spank his kids? sheeesh.

• Mike says:

He just doesn’t know about the illegal aliens. I was almost killed by one in his county in 2002. He wasn’t in the State Senate then but they didn’t go home and he’s said nothing. Shady business? It’s Jones County, Mississippi! That said Sanderson Farms and I think Howard Industries backed Thad last time.

Chris is for Tort reform yet got his cousin several million and I am glad he did. It’s just sad he (normally a corporate lawyer) doesn’t want to see others be able to do the same when they are so disfigured, harmed and in excruciating pain.

21. scarlettbr says:

I remember Mississippi very well. It should’ve been a real wake up, to what we are up against when it comes to the UniParty and how they will cling to power.
    Now I will remember Alabama, Moore and Bannon.
    I remember Palin and how people didn’t defend her, didn’t even bother looking up her real life record.
    I will remember PA 18 and how people stayed home or fell for for the same BS that a democrat is really a conservative, disguised as a democrat.
    McDaniels fought tooth and nail at the convention against Trump. I was there, I saw it.
    His website states nothing about his policies position. So support him because he was burned by the UniParty is his battle cry? So he can burn Trump with Lee, Flake, and McCain? I once fought hard for McDaniels, I need more than this to fight again.

22. molonlabe28 says:

We have a weekend country house and a working farm in Ms.

We will support Mr. McDaniel financially and otherwise.

This is very exciting.

He will win this time.

23. Summer says:

Okay, I did a quick research on McDaniel. Looks like he was a NeverTrumper and a rabid Cruzbot and tried to undermine Trump’s nomination during the Convention. He supported Trump afterwards. According to the Wicker (who is pro-Trump) campaign, though, McDaniel is still somewhat anti-Trump, and he called the tax reform “embarrassing.”

Summary of McDaniel’s anti-Trump statements:

If he is the best candidate available, so be it. But we should be aware of his past statements and actions, just like we are aware of Lyin Ted’s actions. These people are not loyal, reliable MAGA supporters.
    I am not advocating blind devotion to the President, just pointing out the facts available on the Internet. Take it for what it’s worth.

• 4sure says:

The Senate Leadership Pac is Mitch McConnel’s Super Pac. Former Mitch McConnel Chief of Staff is president of the PAC. The treasurer is a former Bush WH staffer and appointee. This pac is as GOPe and unioarty as you can get. No damn wonder they hate McDaniel.

Geesh. I see ole Mitch the Turtle has his long guns already dispatched to take out anyone who would oppose him.

24. daughnworks247 says:

Update and ground report from Mississippi.
    Holy crap, our phone has been ringing off the hook this morning, speculating about who to run.
    I did get this tidbit for us Treepers.
    From Governor Phil Bryant, privately……
    “It’s a shame Chris McDaniel has become an opportunist, when he was once a rising star.”

25. Mike says:

McDaniel’s District here, FREE STATE of Jones. He’s a clown from his arrogant, fake theatrical voice to his limited script of I want to go fight with Mike Lee, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul. The guy never brings up illegals in his ten years “serving” me. Pointed this out four years ago. Someone online that is much more knowledgeable than me about Jones County from thousands of miles away suggested he didn’t know illegals are here and said I should tell him. This despite there being many thousands in a county of 67,000 and even a decade before the largest raids in US history at Howard Industries. 585 on one shift, four miles from his house, Yeah right. They also called him “Jeff” when saying how great he is and said how wrong I am. Can’t even get his name right.

“Jeff” couldn’t even pay for his recounts despite having huge out of state money that ran the moment he lost. He expected counties to pick up his bill. So much for being for the little guy. Some of these counties barely have money for a used police car or fire truck. Theatre Boy is a fraud. Yeah other guys like the Pickerings, if they run are terrible too and our LT. Gov. Tate is a joke. That doesn’t make McDaniel great. McDaniel is for McDaniel. He probably take himself down.

• yy4u says:

The post of Mike reads a lot like the posts I read about Roy Moore which makes me wonder if the writer is a Democrat sowing dissension in order for a Democrat to win. Or maybe an Establishment Republican who likewise wants the Democrat to win. I despise Paul Ryan but were I living in WI, I’d vote for him over the Democrat. I’m not from MS (love the Gulf Coast by the way) or Alabama (love Alabama, too), but if Mississippians start fighting about who is the perfect Republican candidate, they’re going to get a repeat of Alabama. POTUS needs Republicans whether they’re pure or not. The dirtiest Republican is a helluva lot cleaner than the cleanest Democrat. And I include Lamb in that statement. He might not vote for Pelosi but he sure will vote for Adam Schiff (who I understand the Democrats want for their leader). Sorry if I misunderstand you Mike. I don’t usually address individual posters except to compliment them but this kind of post is the LAST THING we need in the country right now.

26. Del Parker says:

Now, watch President Trump do everything he can to scuttle Chris McDaniel’s campaign, ala Roy Moore…

27. Cochran is a politician controlled by the Establishment…McDaniel (whom I voted for in 14) is a do- nothing leech. I will vote for him over any Democrat and I really don’t like Jim Hood but I don’t like Tate Reeves either. I’m afraid Reeves will be supported by the GOPe. My hope is that Gov Bryant will appoint himself and then run against McDaniel. Phil will defeat McDaniel and Hood. It is the best possible outcome for everyone concerned.
    I am on the Coast and not connected to the party since I view it as a cancer on our society, therefore, I can’t comment on what’s happening in Jackson (other than it is a crime-ridden cesspool with whacko Dems running it further into the ground)!