President Trump Rejects Ridiculous UniParty DACA Deal…

CTH has pointed out for years that “immigration” is second only to “budgets” in being able to see the bold colors of the UniParty at work.  Senators Michael Bennet (D), Dick Durbin (D), Bob Menendez (D), Jeff Flake (R), Cory Gardner (R) and Lindsey Graham (R), are the latest insufferable crew to present the UniParty immigration demands.

Thankfully, President Trump rejected their “proposal“; and as a direct result the UniParty immediately pounds the Alinsky Drums: “Racist, Racist, Racist“:

Senator Dick Durbin and Lindsey Graham exited the meeting yesterday after President Trump rejected their proposal.  Immediately Durbin begins Alinsky positioning for political benefit by claiming President Trump said the words “shithole countries“.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Illegal Aliens, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, Racism, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

811 Responses to President Trump Rejects Ridiculous UniParty DACA Deal…

1. parteagirl says:

A reddit meme:

2. Eric Kennedy says:

Durbin may have made this up, but it may have backfired on him.

3. Move me from a leans-DACA to a leans-NODACA. Not going to risk support for the rest of the agenda with these dopes calling the president racist for acting in good faith to help a class of illegal immigrants. Call back in a year or two. Unless they are all deported by then.

• fleporeblog says:

I absolutely LOVE IT! Our President has once again gotten the lovers of open borders from both sides of the aisle to once again expose their faces that are hidden behind their masks.

8 hours later, the Washington Times is reporting that Senator Dick Durbin and Senator Lindsey Graham are moving ahead with their bill whether the President supports it or not!

From the article linked above:

The two senators who struck a deal with each other on an immigration deal signaled Friday they’ll push ahead with their bargain despite opposition from President Trump, saying they sense growing bipartisan support.

“I know the bipartisan proposal discussed at the White House can get a lot of support from both sides. As always, I look forward to considering additional ideas that could make the proposal even better,” Mr. Graham said.

Mr. Durbin, meanwhile, described the deal he and Mr. Graham reached as “a genuine compromise.”

“It addresses all the areas outlined by the president and represents honest concessions on both sides. That is the nature of compromise, and the president and others trying to derail a bipartisan deal do not have an alternative that can earn bipartisan support,” Mr. Durbin said.

The deal they presented to Mr. Trump would include a generous pathway to citizenship for perhaps millions of illegal immigrants, while giving him funding for about 10 percent of his border wall and — at best — a slim cut of about 3 percent in the chain of family migration.

The plan would also eliminate the Diversity Visa Lottery, as Mr. Trump called for, but would use those visas to create a new pathway to citizenship for people from El Salvador, Haiti and other countries currently protected in the U.S. under special humanitarian status. That additional pathway to citizenship — which had not been part of the president’s plans — appears to have been what ignited Mr. Trump’s stark comments on developing countries.

The sad truth is that the Senate will easily have 60 votes in favor of this bill! The Gang of 8 Bill in 2013 actually had 67 Senators. Paul Ryan made a promise to the Freedom Caucus as well as other House Republicans that he would never bring up a bill that at least 50% of House Republicans don’t support. We know there are approximately 30 to 40 House Republicans that would vote yes for this bill.

We will see if Ryan is a man of his word or not. I think deep down inside he would want to bring a vote to the floor that would get 218 House members to vote in favor of it. The problem for him and the Senate is that our President would VETO this SHIT in a NY minute. There is no way in hell that they will get 290 House Republicans to overcome his Presidential Veto. They would also need 67 Senators to do the same. Could they get to 67 Senators? Yes but the Republican Senators would need to come over in large numbers if every Democrat votes yes (which is not a guaranteed in the 10 states that our President won that are up for reelection next year).

I hope and pray that Mitch McConnell allows this vote to take place. I want every single one of these BASTARDS on the record. Imagine how it will play out next year that you voted NO to Tax Reform that is putting more money in the pockets of Americans but voted YES to a bill that allows the parents of DACA recipients to apply for a work waiver every 3 years and stay in this country.

Folks a SUPER MAJORITY actually could happen in this case. The Democrats will truly kill their party once and for all. Lindsey Graham better be primaried in 2020 if he pushes this SHIT.

• All American Snowflake says:

My exact sentiments, medowlandsview.

• Esperanza says:

So true. Trump going out on a limb for DACA, unpopular with Déplorables. And this is how they thank him.

• TheWanderingStar says:

DACA?? I thought he said, caca!

Sh!thole goes along with caca.

4. conservalicious says:

If anyone can watch this video and say this country (not its people) is not a shithole they are a liar 🤥. https://youtu.be/s3337cj4sJQ

5. mazziflol says:

He should record the meetings…hell live stream them!

6. Dora says:

PLEASE PRAY WITH ME THAT MITCH MCCONNELL ALLOWS THE BILL AGREED UPON BY THE GANG OF SIX TO BE VOTED ON!

7. rsanchez1990 says:

So where are all the chicken littles saying that the President caved on DACA?

8. Bottom line…they are %##%% countries…even after pouring untold millions into them for decades…No more aid unless we have people on the ground distributing it and putting their people to work building…etc…

• MAJA says:

We know how well that works, like Puerto Rico, a US territory, where all the corrupt insiders and gov officials have been hoarding (And probably selling on the black market) all the materials needed to build their infrastructure while whining that PDJT is doing nothing to help.

• mopar2016 says:

The money that these craphole countries get from US taxpayers in one year would be enough to build our wall. I’d cut everybody off including the UN, IMF, etc.
      We’ve got everything that we need right here at home, and we don’t need any immigration.

• Esperanza says:

I once calculated that with EU and US aid Palestinians could have had a million dollars each and still have plenty left over.

9. sunnydaze says:

Please note this relevant tweet. It was Dick Durbin, the UniParty and MSM fakes who called Haiti, etc. “shitholes”. NOT President Trump.

10. Katie says:

On behalf of Colorado, we’re sorry. Not only do we have Michael Bennett, but we have Cory Gardner. Interesting that both of them were in the meeting.

Bennett was appointed when Arne Duncan was appointed Sec. of Ed under the last regime, and Gardner was anointed by the COGOP to be the next senator. Ken Buck was running for senate, then the GOP stepped in and essentially told the voters we could have Buck for our representative and they were putting Gardner in the senate election.

I have had many occasions to talk with Cory personally – sat across from him at a BBQ and he was the dream conservative. However, at one event, I point blank asked him about immigration, and his eyes opened wide and he went on to tell me how hard it was for immigrants to become citizens and that needed to change. My husband and I looked at each other and knew in that moment, he’s a FRAUD.

We’re sorry.

• parteagirl says:

I hope that Colorado gets rid of the all mail-in ballot system soon.

• webgirlpdx says:

Oh Katie….my family roots are in Eastern Co. Breaks my heart like my native Oregon does….

• Mickey Wasp says:

And on behalf of the GOPe leadership for Cory Gardner campaigning like a ‘Tea Party’ type candidate, much like Flake, Cruz, Rubio and Sasse. Gardner was rewarded to the position of National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman (NRSC).

Just remember, Ted Cruz had this position in 2014, when the GOPe pulled all their corruption in Mississippi against Chris McDaniels to get the brain-dead “How am I supposed to vote again Mitch?” Thad Cochran re-elected.

• Mickey Wasp says:

Oh, and lets not forget the recent election in Alabama, while Gardner is chairman of the NRSC … The GOPe NRSC had millions of dollars for Luther Strange in the primary and yes President Trump did endorse ‘Big Luther’, but PDJT does not control the monies of the NRSC. That said, the NRSC could only muster up a few thousand for Roy Moore, thus losing a deep-red senate seat … Let that sink in.

We really need to watch the NRSC in the 2018 mid-term senate elections and see who they are contributing their monies to.

• JC says:

I echo the apology, Katie. Gardner and Bennett are an embarrassment to our state and a menace to the country. Have written many letters to each and received ridiculous replies. Bennett’s replies are especially insulting, and I can’t wait to do all I can to ensure January 3, 2023, is indeed his last day in office. 1,116 days, and counting. (Gardner up for reelection 2020.)

• wj2016 says:

As an Oklahoman I apologize for Senator James Lankford. I didn’t have him pegged as an open borders guy when I voted in the primaries in 2014. The real shame is that he replaced one of the best of the lot – Tom Coburn.

• Mickey Wasp says:

In all fairness, didn’t Tom Coburn retire due to health issues – correct? And at least he left a legacy that Senator Rand Paul picked up doing the “Waste Reports”. I think the vast majority of us have a “I was fooled” story. Mine is campaigning and voting for Ted Cruz.

But, I believe we are wide awake and attuned to the GOPe “splitter strategy” now. Thanks to The Last Refuge and our fellow Treepers.

• amwick says:

I’m a South Carolina resident. *hangs head in shame

But a recent transplant. Hhmmmm

• wj2016 says:

Yes, I think Coburn retired for health reasons in 14 . His term was not up until 2016. Lankford ran against TW Shannon in 14, an African American, who probably would have been better than Lankford. I call his office weekly and they tire of talking to me. I called them today to ask why he has to make comments such as yesterday’s, where he condemned the “S Hole” comments PDT made. He has done this before and I pointed out that Jim Inhofe is somehow able to keep his yap shut in times like this, so why can’t he. I fear he will be trouble for a while , especially since he doesn’t even have to run again until 2022.

• Dekester says:

Thanks W2016,

From up here in Canada. One could tell Lankford was a snake. He is a bad one, he is not even a good liar. IMO. His body language and speech pattern is indicative of a nervous, and compulsive liar.

The electorate the world over is largely uninformed, and tend to be emotional voters.

A favourite quote I remember, and I will paraphrase it. Attributed to a Chinese ruler.

“ Hmm, democracy an interesting idea, let us see how that turns out in a few few hundred years.”

It does appear like the democratic process has been successfully undermined by the really big money.

Fortunately I believe it is all in God’s hands.

Or we would not have PDJT.

God bless PDJT

11. webgirlpdx says:

What is up with liberals/snowflakes obsession with defecation and urination?

Creepy

12. deplorabledaveinsocal says:

God bless President Trump for saying what the majority of us are thinking… Saw a commenter on GWP I think, where President has now made people associate CA-CA with DACA…

What a great time to be witness to history!

13. parteagirl says:

Imagined conversation of Trump with Durbin:
    You know I already tape all of my meetings, don’t you Dick? I have to. I call it a kind of “insurance policy” – you can understand that.
    I’ve got the tape from yesterday’s meeting in my office and I can expose you as a liar for saying I said something that I didn’t, but I’d really hate to have to do that, Dick. But, we’ll see what happens. I’ll be keeping a close eye on your DACA votes…

14. joninmd22 says:

1) Anyone who says Trumps should stop tweeting should STFU. These tweets are completely elude the MSM.

2) Anyone think that President Trump was going to cave to the democrats should similarly STFU. The President fights for us every day and will bring the democrats and RINO’s to heel on his terms.

Are we learning yet? 😉

15. sunnydaze says:

Somebody needs to ask Dick Durbin why he felt compelled to call Haiti, etc. a shithole.

• Tom22ndState says:

He thought that it would hurt the President, and he failed. Durbin leaked this out to WaPo because he was beaten in negotiations so he blew up the talks. He didn’t stop to realize what a weak, self destructive act he had committed.

The motley crew of 6 used DACA as their opening position. I’m sure that master of the deal Trump ate them alive.

• AM says:

Yep. It’s funny, my first thought was that the comment really didn’t sound like President Trump and it was faked. Then a couple of Trump supporters convince me that it was real. Back to my original position after this thread.

And yeah, what a way to blow up a negotiation, although as usual it backfires on these people. Now the whole country is literally asking the question “Why _are_ we taking people from large deposits of feces countries?” The agreement with sentiment is overwhelming. Durbin may have just shifted the Overton window (acceptable lines of public conversation) again for us.

• TheWanderingStar says:

Blowing things up is what people will do when they realize that they cannot control things going on around them. Pathetic. (spit)

16. Matthew LeBlanc says:

This is one of those topics both directions work for me. Very fake news is lying about what he said or he actually said which wouldn’t bother me a bit. So he either said what I believe which is good or we get another very fake news example which is also good. Really good news is that the sham DACA deal is dead.

17. Michael says:

Haiti is a shithole, though. I’m just saying the truth. Regardless of whether the President did or did not say this, I’m sorry but it’s true. Africa as well for that matter.

18. Bonitabaycane says:

Our President blew up DACA. I guess he doesn’t want to turn this country into a sh**thole. 🙂

19. kathyca says:

Watcha up to there, China? 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals (NY) soon to be reversed by SCOTUS, I’m guessing. Go Gorsuch! #MAGA

BREAKING: Justices To Hear Chinese Vitamin C Price-Fixing Case
    The U.S. Supreme Court said Friday it would hear the appeal of a decision vacating a $147 million judgment against two Chinese companies over allegations they fixed prices for vitamin C, taking up a question about whether a foreign government’s characterization of its own law is conclusive.

20. Michael says:

There is one thing universal in Venezuela, Haiti, US Virgin Islands, Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, LA.

Anyone care to guess what binds them together?

• lastinillinois says:

Unfettered crime and poverty

• sunnydaze says:

Lefty Governments.

All ruined by Lefty Governments.

• AM says:

There’s another thing if you’re honestly observing the world, which is not a judgement on the identities in question. Portland, Oregon and Switzerland has an extremely leftist government and is managing not be a total disaster. It’s time for real honesty – we can’t live in this fantasy world thinking we can just educate everyone and get the US.

• Michael says:

“managing not be a total disaster”

Yet.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I don’t know that I would point to Portland, Oregon as a successful model of liberalism. To me, it looks like one foot is on the proverbial banana peel and it is going down, down, down.

• AM says:

You know what I do think it will get there. Agreed that way. On the other hand, but Portland is still not Detroit or Baltimore and maybe it’s important we think about why. Part of the reason we have Swamp Creatures buying saying the US is “just an idea” is because the all of society is not looking at the whole picture, thanks to some extremely recent developments in US history.

There ways to contemplate those issues without losing a Christian outlook, character, morality, or generosity nor advocating a return to past social experiments.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I see Detroit and Baltimore as being the result of what, 50 or more years? of constant unending liberal policies and corruption until there is just nothing left.

Portland just needs a bit more time to descend to that level. They’re trying hard!

• AM says:

The center of Detroit is 10% white and had actively anti-white government for years. The center of Baltimore is almost also entirely black. 50% of America’s homicides are done by black males, 5-6% of the population, mostly of each other. The neighborhoods in Chicago that create their hideous crime rate are black.

That’s what I’m hinting around at. Yes, leftism is a piece of the puzzle and it will take down white Europe, too given enough time. But it’s not the whole picture.

• AM says:

Also, socialism destroys Caucasians in a different way. It’s not the violent reaction, it’s the lack of babies and the lack of hope. It’s a death by suicide. Just to be clear noting that Detriot is different Portland in racial composition, and therefore reactions, doesn’t make the leftism go away or be less destructive.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Interesting points. I never thought about the different ways that socialism destroys communities.

• Dekester says:

Are comparing Switzerland to Portland, if you are. You are bonkers.

Check out the Swiss and their stand on immigration and Citizenship. Check out their military requirements and their gun laws. Then look at their literacy rates, and the languages Swiss nationals speak.

Then look at their currency, and debt to GDP ratio.

Portland Oregon v Switzerland you are having a laugh.

• JP says:

ends with …hole?

• MAJA says:

Form of government. Dictatorships started with socialist agendas that slippeddown the slippery slope to communism and overthrow of their constitutions.

• Michael says:

I’m quite happy to support My President in not wanting to turn the US of A into a shithole – whether he actually said it or not!

• AM says:

Not just form of government, if we observe the whole truth about all those places.

• Michael says:

I think we are on the same side but you seem to be conflicted.

South Africa used to feed the entire continent.
            They don’t do that any longer.
            What changed?

• JMC says:

Hmmm…(thinking)…..

• AM says:

White farmers being run off of their farms by black, racist mobs after the end of apartheid.

I’m not conflicted, but I’m tired of half truths, because those half truths have led to places where people literally think they can change their gender or their race or race is an artificial construct that we can just ignore. Our God awful and insane immigration policy comes from refusing to even talk about the role of race on groups (conflating them with how we treat any individual in front of us.)

A 100% Merit based system can be color blind and I’m for that…as long as we understand that probably mostly white Europeans will be the ones that come in under a merit based system. Not sure we’ve acknowledged that one, either.

I also know where I am.This is the CTH and I have to tread lightly on race issues. Yes, absolutely I agree with you on the role of leftism, but that’s just a half or quarter of the story. The rest of is dynamite, literally. 🙂

21. rmnewt says:

So they don’t like “Shit hole” do they have a better, more accurate descriptor? I do. While I cant take credit, we use to use the term JATWSH country. Pronounced jatt wish, it stands for Just Another Third World Shit Hole.

May the snowflakes just melt away! Funny that these incredibly non-productive congressionals should find time to whine about verbiage. Hey, why not go back to the chambers and get a budget out!

22. Democrats are making a huge mistake…Trump isn’t a rollover POTUS like Obama or Bush. Let them shut down the government, it will backfire. Trump will use the bully pulpit and crush them…just after DOJ OIG Horowitz has released his initial findings…it will be beautiful!!! Notice how after reviewing the DOJ/FBI info this week on Fusion GPS and FISA…Schiff hasn’t said shift? He knows the hand the Democrats are up against!!!

• parteagirl says:

Yes- if they try roping off the open air WWII monument again during a shutdown, Trump will crucify them!

• Roger Duroid says:

You’ll will NEVER even notice a shutdown. All the non-essential people go home and who misses them. Trains will run, planes will fly, parks will be open. PDJT will see to it, unlike the vindictive slow down and shut down Obama pulled to show how evil the republicans were.

PDJT will make it clear he will VETO any bill to PAY these non-essential people after it “reopens”. I presume he’s already directed all his cabinet officers to have a list of immediate layoffs for non-essential people if a ‘shutdown” happens.

Is there any business in the US that employs “non-essential” people? Other than a relative of the owner or some other such nepotism, I can’t think of any but the US Government. And because of these silly “shutdowns’ they’ve actually gone on record years ago, listing some employees as “non-essential”.

• CorwinAmber says:

personally, I would be terrified to be identified as a “non-essential” Federal employee with Donald Trump as President; I went thru several of these during my long, mediocre career, but my munitions expertise always made me “essential”…I can remember the bean counters wandering thru the halls prior to a shutdown trying to figure out who was who and when they came to my office and looked inside to see packed duffel bags, battle rattle and delicious MREs, they just smiled and moved on – nice to be wanted sometimes

23. Durbin is total scum , same voice tone as Harry Reid , lies with such faked sincerity . BTW I remember when he said US troops fighting in Iraq were like NAZIs. And he later had to make tearful 😢 apology on Senate floor , was so touching ( mucho sarcasm )

• TexasRanchQueen says:

When I see Dickie Durbin, in my mind, I see Kevin Spacey’s character in the House of Cards. They are one in the same.

24. Madmax110 says:

President Trump should change the name of DACA to the CACA deal.

25. Elizabeth Carter says:

I was feeling sad that President Trump was being assailed by the MSM focusing on the S**thole thing. Rush pointed out that today President Trump signed a Proclamation recognizing 1-15 as Martin Luther King Jr. day and he was surrounded by black leaders praising him. The MSM press was there exposing themselves as the idiots they are. No one would have paid much attention to this Proclamation. http://thegatewaypundit.com/2018/01/video-reporter-yells-shole-president-trump-mlk-day-proclamation-signing-april-ryan-repeatedly-yells-racist/
    The tweet also focused all the attention on the DACA deal.
    If he is not playing 4D chess, I would like to know how he just gets “so lucky” over and over.

• mimbler says:

IMHO, a politician with core principles like Trump, makes it look magical when all he is doing is being consistent in his beliefs.

I think that is more rare, and more desirable than 3d chess.

• mopar2016 says:

Mr. Trump is just using common sense and numbers, plus he loves his country.
        These clowns really thought that he’d fall for their amnesty nonsense.
        They’ve pretty much all been exposed for what they are.
        There’s no way that illegal aliens should be held in such high esteem by our politicians.

No way. They use our money to finance our demise.

• LCSmom says:

The hand of God.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Amen.

President Trump gives GOD the credit HE is due, is thankful, is a Christian, and supports Israel in the face of almost universal opposition from the swamp and the UN (just another swamp, I know).

The Klintoons follow and worship the Devil.

Historians will record just what a narrow escape we had from the darkness that might have been…

• jrapdx says:

Looking at the interviews of DJT over the last 4 decades it’s real obvious he’s exhaustively studied and thought through the issues he talks about today. We might call it 4D chess, but in reality his abilities are the result of knowing the playing field and the rules of the game to the full extent of human capability. That means he can predict the outcome of his actions better than anyone opposing him.

Actually there’s nothing odd or unusual about it. Experts in any domain owe their expertise to dedicated study and practice, often for decades. That’s what it takes to reach the pinnacle of achievement in most any field of endeavor. A big part of winning is knowing one doesn’t know much of what is knowable, hence the interest in continuing to learn and to employ other domain experts where one is not an expert.

PDJT has been doing exactly all of the above. More than any human alive he knows what he’s doing. It’s a good bet he’d be the first to say he doesn’t know enough—but he’s willing to find out. That’s the true secret to his success.

• piper567 says:

Trump’s Daddy said everything Donald touched turned to gold.
      That’s how.

26. deplorabledaveinsocal says:

…oh man… I need to walk away before I write something that gets me banned from here. If given a choice, I would druther be banned for life from Walmart than here… So many riffs and levels a person can do with these names:

“Senators Michael Bennet (D), Dick Durbin (D), Bob Menendez (D), Jeff Flake (R), Cory Gardner (R) and Lindsey Graham (R), are the latest insufferable crew…”

27. bosscook says:

Pay no attention to the current rage riot going on about “shitholes”…the leftists are actually literally making shitholes in their pantalones because their project via Fusion, Clinton, DOJ, FBI, etc. to bring our POTUS down is being exposed…they know the majority of the country hasn’t caught on yet, so they are using every diversionary trick they have used in the past to draw attention away from the the massive corruption.

• WSB says:

And the day is not over yet. I wonder if there will be a POTUSTWEET just to change the subject before Sunday shows?

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

Kalifornistan is but a “shining” example of that. If they were any further left, they’d be sinking in the Pacific Ocean, but the Pacific, I’m sure, would have none of it. Gyres and gimbels in the wabes, as it were…

(Breaks my heart, too, as I’m a native Californian).

28. SeekerOfTruth says:

The President learned one thing from that meeting. Record all meetings.
    He even commented that he should have recorded the meeting – so distrustful.
    Full recording of everything is the only way to completely refute the constantly made up pile of lies the Dems create all the time.

• JP says:

Who needs a recording? Any thoughtful person realized long ago that if the dem’s, rino’s, media, etc. say it, it is a lie.

• MVW says:

Record everything, everything, absolutely everything… How many times has that been found to be critical? Remember how Comey changed his tune when Trump hinted he had recorded their conversations?????? Every last one of them is a snake.

• MVW says:

Remember when Me-again Kelly ‘interviewed’ Alex Jones and was caught lying and twisting? Corey Lewandowski vs Ms ‘trip and fall.’ Recording = save your bacon.

• Michael says:

Pin a lapel mic on everyone walking through the door.
        No mic No enter.
        If you cannot say it on record I guess it doesn’t need said.
        Youbetcha their tunes would change LOL

29. Bonitabaycane says:

Can it be any worse for CNN?? First, they have become the premier Fake News Network. And today all they are reporting on and saying non-stop is shi..thole!! 🙂

30. Vince says:

Make DACA the issue of the 2018 midterms. Get the new candidates trying to fill in retiring GOP reps to make a stand.

• Does anyone believe that a DACA solution would be agreed to BEFORE the midterms? The wild-eyed wing of the democrats want to run on it in the midterms! What the uniparty wanted to do is to sit on this until after the primary application deadline has passed and then spring a s__t sandwich on Trump to keep GOP turnout down in 2018. The GOP wing of the uniparty will look for an opportunity to tarnish the GOP brand if it is in the uniparty’s interests! DACA is the perfect situation to tarnish the brand with sanctimonious rinos stabbing their base in the back! Trump has gotten ahead of this. By moving this discussion up early in 2018 he’s put the bad actors in a situation where they would out themselves BEFORE the primary application deadline has passed if they agreed to a bad deal and all Trump’s promises about not supporting the primarying of any republican incumbents would be off the table!

31. FofBW says:

Immigration reform and MAGA was PT’s battle cry when he came down the escalator (which seems like an eternity).
    PT will make make immigration the battle cry again. Woe to those who do not support or vote against PT.
    As Flep prays, let McConnell call for a vote so they are all out in the open caught in the cross fire.

32. hotlantamike says:

Jake Tapper CNN

So how and why is President Trump denying the remarks that he reportedly said?

I have some clarifying reporting from a source familiar the meeting. I want to start by saying that this does not make what he said any more acceptable, but it might shed some light on it all. 1/

The president did not refer to Haiti as a “shithole” country according to the source familiar with the meeting… though he DID say it about countries in Africa…

What happened, the source says, is there was a conflation of two different remarks by the president. 2/

First, when talking about “temporary protected status” countries as part of the immigration deal it was mentioned that Salvadorans, Hondurans and Haitians have that status. 3/

“Haitians?” the president said. “Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out” —- meaning take them out of the deal.

Then in a separate part of the conversation when they were referencing the diversity visa lottery, President Trump referred to people coming from Africa as coming from “shithole countries.”

Again, I’m not saying this is better. Just that this is what happened, per my source. 5/

6/ So that might explain the kinda-pushback from POTUS today. -fin-

33. SoCal Patriot says:

The entire Tuesday bipartisan love fest was simply to destroy the 25th amendment crap created by the BS book. The reaction by a lot of Trump supporters missed the point of the meeting – what he did yesterday in blowing up the DACA proposal was exactly what he told them Tuesday. The issue was the Gang of Six didn’t listen to him. He told the Tuesday group that he would sign whatever “this group brought to him”. He wasn’t referring to the Gang of Six, he was referring to the group of 22 that were in the meeting. The immigration liberals didn’t have the support of the entire group and be blew them up over it.

34. Because You'd Be In Jail says:

Admitting a problem is the first step to solving it. So these “shit hole” countries (and you know who you are) should just admit it and work to lift themselves out of the turd world and into the first.

35. CountryclassVulgarian says:

Don’t ya’ll just love it when our very stable genius President releases a twitter storm? It makes for a very beautiful, wining Friday.

#POTUSVSG!

36. dilonsfo says:

What I think is funny is the unnamed countries self identifying as “shitholes” by complaining about being called a “shithole.”

37. T&E&C says:

A blast from the past and a reminder brought to us by none other than Sundance:

38. sundance says:

• Dave says:

Sen. Cotton’s statement sounds a bit circumspect on what exactly might have been said, so maybe, just maybe our President did get annoyed for a moment instead of playing 3-d chess or whatever. So we elected a real human to represent us. It’s a good thing.

39. dufrst says:

It would be delicious if Trump has a tape of the meeting.

40. waltherppk says:

Political Correctness is the identified risk factor for pandemic butt hurt.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure obviously for the perpetually offended.

41. DanO64 says:

Maybe they work for the FB tooI. That is Fusion Bureau of Intimidation.

42. Giant Ground Sloth says:

The outrage doesn’t make any sense. If these countries are not in really bad shape (i.e, shItholes), then why the heck do people from these countries need protected status? I’m appalled that so many Americans seem to lack basic critical thinking skills.

43. jameswlee2014 says:

Trump has maneuvered the democrats into running on a platform of open borders and tax hikes in 2018. And they want to be our latex salesmen. I don’t think so.

44. Right Mover says:

I am awaiting all the sky-is-falling Trump-is-selling-out commenters/trolls who infested this site three days ago to come back and admit that we were right and they were wrong.
    (Crickets)

45. thedoc00 says:

An interesting thought. The Democrat Party and neverTrumpers want to “shut down” the government. People who actually read know the government DOES NOT SHUT down and the President essentially gets to allocate money to necessary functions as Federal taxes are collected. I draw your attention to President Trump’s balanced budget proposal, submitted in March 2017. That proposal actually cut agencies, budgets and programs using a return on investment type assessment of Trump’s team. Both parties in congress praised that proposal and then ignored it because it CUT Government and gee would have balanced the deficit run in 1st Quarter of 2018.

Fast forward to today. The government shuts down and guess what document President Trump is going to use to allocate tax dollars as they are collected…his March 2017 Budget proposal.

• AM says:

Basically, the Uniparty is threatening to force President Trump to not pay itself if doesn’t get what it wants. You can’t make this stuff up.

46. mari says:

I sent the president a letter today thanking him at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

Dear President Trump, First I want to thank you for telling those high and mighty Democrats who are willing to make our country into a s**thole for votes. For telling them the truth. The only people who have been offended are the right people who want an underclass in our country to keep churning out more poor people at taxpayers expense. The RINO’S also have a vested interest to keep producing below minimum wage labor for their donors. I agree with your immigration policies because only someone who really loves America is willing to do what you do for US. Thank you for being who you are, an honest patriot who will be remembered kindly by those who love this country.

47. deplorabledaveinsocal says:

okay, being totally serious now… Do these libtard idiots even have an inkling of the crap storm they have wrought? I did a quick scan of other sites and this topic is plastered front and center. So, these libtards thought they would snipe at President Trump, the story gets out and will dominate a few ‘news’ cycles, and a seed will be planted why do we take people in from these places? I hope they don’t…

48. Mickturn says:

I support LEGAL immigration IF the person has a skill and won’t go on welfare. To the Democraps immigrants of any type are potential voters…so they want to let in the no skill takers so they have more voters. Heard somewhere that since Ted Kennedy’s bill in 1965 we now have more than 70 Million more immigrants and most are Democraps. We know what they are up to, time to cut them off!

49. alliwantissometruth says:

So these treasonous scumbags, two of which aren’t even running for re-election because they’re so unpopular in their own States, are once again putting forth a nation killing proposal that only benefits the democrats & the globalists

And of course the democrats will be outraged that President Trump blows his nose in it, crumbles it up & tosses it in the garbage can

Oh well, what do you expect from a party that’s outraged that Trump called Haiti a shithole, which it is, but said absolutely nothing when the Clinton’s stole 2 billion in relief money for Haiti, which is the reason it still is a shithole