Senator Orrin Hatch Announces His Retirement…

Utah Senator Orrin Hatch, the second-longest serving U.S. senator, plans to retire at the end of his current term.  In a video shared via his twitter feed, the 83-year-old Republican announced today his plan to leave the Senate after more than 40 years.  Senator Hatch is the Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, his announcement comes after the Republican tax plan he helped to create was signed into law.

[…] “When the president visited Utah last month, he said I was a fighter. I’ve always been a fighter. I was an amateur boxer in my youth, and I brought that fighting spirit with me to Washington. But every good fighter knows when to hang up the gloves. And for me, that time is soon approaching. That’s why, after much prayer and discussion with family and friends, I’ve decided to retire at the end of this term. Although I will miss serving you in the Senate, I look forward to spending more time with family, especially my sweet wife Elaine, whose unwavering love and support made all of this possible.”

2018 was looking to be a difficult year for Senator Hatch as he was caught between his newly espoused loyalty to President Trump and his life-long relationship with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Decepticons, Election 2018, Legislation, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

306 Responses to Senator Orrin Hatch Announces His Retirement…

1. Doug says:

hatch is now free to fully embrace his newfound trump love.

2. BigJake says:

More winning.

3. Pam says:

• LetsPlay says:

I’m sorry but I don’t care what party you are with, 40 years is too much. Way too much. We, the American people, do not need professional or career politicians. TERM LIMITS!

TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS! TERM LIMITS!

Same goes for SCOTUS. Mandatory retirement age.

• Aguila2011 says:

What is this “till death do us part” bit with SCOTUS appointments? Inquiring minds want to know! All you have to see is Ruthie falling asleep and practically disappearing into her robes during the President’s inauguration.

• I used to buy the argument that Term limits are not necessary because voters can decide to rellect or not. But, no more. They get seniority and it becomes a game of bringing home the pork.

4. G3 says:

I guess Romney just changed his location on Twitter fom Massachusetts to:
    Mitt Romney
    @MittRomney
    Former Governor of Massachusetts
    Holladay, UTMittRomney.com
    293 Following2,022,275 Followers

5. Pam says:

6. Pam says:

7. Michael says:

God help us all if Mitt Romney is in the Senate. Damn it, Orrin, you screwed us here, buddy!

• Niagara Frontier says:

I am generally a forgiving person, but the speech made by Romney on March 3, 2016 in Utah I will never forgive nor forget. Anyone who thinks this filth deserves a another bite at the political apple should go back and read the transcript. This was his closing:

“Here’s what I know. Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University.
      (APPLAUSE)
      He’s playing the members of the American public for suckers. He gets a free ride to the White House and all we get is a lousy hat.
      (LAUGHTER)
      His domestic policies would lead to recession. His foreign policies would make America and the world less safe. He has neither the temperament nor the judgment to be president and his personal qualities would mean that America would cease to be a shining city on a hill.”

8. wyntre says:

9. 4sure says:

Hatch should have retired 34 yrs. ago. and a dem. will be better than Romney whom we will be stuck w/for the next 20 yrs.

• Bruce Hall says:

• singingsoul says:

Bruce Hall says:
        “No Democrat would be better. Romney may be less than ideal, but why would you want an active opponent?”
        _____________________________________
        Btter a democrat than an insider traitor. Romney cannot be trusted he will undermine the president , the WH the cabinet and work with the FBI the CIA to damage Trump. Wonder where he shows up with the whole Russian debacle. No Romney is not a friend of America and I hope the people of Utah will overcome their religious bias and not settle up with this guy.
        Who votes for a person because they have the same religious affiliation…? I do not.

• singingsoul says:

Correction: Better a democrat than Romney because he bring with him Mc Mullen the CIA.

• Turranos says:

The people of Utah will absolutely vote Republican, no matter what. (or until something better comes along and the Republican Party dies.) In times past they voted Democrat when the good guys used to be Democrats. That pile of garbage Harry Reid is LDS but if he lived in Utah they would not elect him unless he was a Republican. (With his awful track record, as a DemoRat, I am sure they would not elect him for any office.) The LDS church stays strictly neutral in every election. The only statement the LDS church tell it’s members is to “vote their conscience ” The people are not told who to vote for, ever.

Will they vote for Romney? Yes they will. Can he be trusted? NO Way! He is the grand master of Flip Floppin’.

• trumpcovfefe says:

u sure? look at roy moore. why do you people never learn?

alabama seat is gone due to the foolish people.

• GW says:

Yeah, but it’s only for two years.

• Lindenlee says:

If Hannity had not thrown Judge Moore under the bus, he would have had a fighting chance. These self-righteous tyoes.

• New Nonna to be Again!!! says:

Never mind hannity. I still don’t get how we’ve become a country where ur guilty until proven innocent when accused by women of what he is accused of.

As a woman myself, I find THAT offensive. I heard NO ONE argue this point regarding Mooore. WTHeck!!??

• joleeinca says:

Lindenlee – Moore threw himself under the bus with his answers to the questions. ……….Moore: I always asked the parents permission.
                I was shaking my head at that answer.

• Maquis says:

That was very bone-headed of him, so to speak.

• Lindenlee says:

If you are not from the South, you would not understand the practiceas of the day. My mother would not let me date until I was 15, and then the boy had to come to dinner with my mom and me, and ask permission to date me. I am Judge Moore’s age. It was not unusual, and also not unusual for a younger woman to date an older man, especially if he held a respectable job .

No one is saying that Moore was a great candidate, but I watched the Hannity show when he started commenting on this issue. No conservative should do whatbhendid, on the basis of allegations alone.

We have seen this act before, pulled by leftists, about “sexual abuse”. Hannity could have kept his nose out of it until there was some PROOF. Only the Left tries people in the court of public opinion, and he jumped on that bandwagon WAY too soon.

• 4beagles says:

“The people of Utah will absolutely vote Republican, no matter what. ”
            That’s what folks from Alabama said too

• Q&A says:

With a RINO, you have maybe a 40-50 percent chance they will see things your way. With a Democrat, you have 0, zilch, zero, zip. Dems will NEVER vote for anything that benefits the Rs.

Never, ever vote for a Democrat – you’ll get worse than nothing in return, you’ll get an enemy who enthusiastically works to destroy you.

• trumpcovfefe says:

those people who say dem are better are fools. look what happen to roy moore. it is because of these idiots that president trump cannot get his agenda passed.

again i stress, thise who think dem is better, you are a fool. because of these people who think dem are better, we might not get the wall

• Maquis says:

There’s one man that can get what he wants out of a RINO and he is, Thank Heavens, now our President.

We don’t need to add another co-conspirator to the seditious treasonous criminals tearing up the fabric of our nation and promoting Deep State coups.

We can fight Romney, I surely will if he runs, but we can hold his feet to the fire, coerce and mock and humiliate as required, never stop fighting him. That’s still better than the Satan Worshipping Moloch Loving Freedom Hating Soul-less Perversion of Humanity that the DNC would foist on us.

I do find it interesting though, that some years back he said he wouldn’t stoop to a Cabinet Position as he would, essentially, chafe under the leadership of another, better, man. So becoming the junior Senator from Utah appeals to him?

Hasn’t anyone told him that MAGA means that McCain style sedition and treason and aid and comfort and weapons to our enemies for fun and profit is soon to be one of the most dangerous, and foolish, moves an American Senator can make?

The wings of Extra-Constitutional War-Lord Senators are soon to be clipped. Speaking of which, how many Demon Congress Critters are we going to see effectively vacating their seats as a result of their, um, Russian Collusion Conspiracy? We may see more WINNING in Congress than we can now imagine.

😡

GBPDJT
            🇺🇸

10. Pam says:

11. trumpcovfefe says:

one warning to all here. even if mitt run, pls support him. remeber strange incident? please be smart and think of the big picture. do not be a fool and vote for other candidate. those who support roy are the one who give president trump problem.

12. trumpcovfefe says:

again i stress. look at roy moore. do you want the dem to win another seat and we cannot build the wall?

13. Pam says:

14. rsanchez1990 says:

If Trump endorses someone for Hatch’s seat, I’ll bet Bannon endorses Romney.

15. GW says:

Trump better NOT endorse this A-hole. Hopefully there’s secret communications with Steve Bannon to find a MAGA candidate who Can Win, and squash Romney right out of the gate.

• trump_covfefe says:

We must not be divided again. Learn from Roy moore mistake please!

• Sharon says:

The Roy Moore election was fraud and is well known but it will be addressed later by the Trump administration!

• Maquis says:

I will support, perhaps with great discomfort, whoever our President asks us to support. We need ko guessing games evet again about what he “really meant” and “actually wants us to do.”

Take him at his word, and fight, even as you may fight to keep your lunch down..

GBPDJT
        🇺🇸

16. albrevin says:

I hate to hear Senator Hatch is retiring. Not a bad guy.

The bad thing is this most likely means Mitt Romney. Mark my words, Mitt Romney will become the uniparty replacement for blowhard, warmonger, big government John McCain. Nothing but a problem.

17. trump_covfefe says:

One more time.

LEARN FROM ROY MOORE MISTAKE! PLEASE. I though everyone here is smart and can think long term.

PLEASE DO NOT BE FOOLISH!

18. trump_covfefe says:

one more thing. Steve bannon that moron idiot please keep away from inserting his nonsense. He is not helping the president at all!

19. Sedanka says:

So basically, we’re either stuck rooting for Mitt Romney or praying that someone picked by Steve Bannon can sneak across the finish line.

20. MfM says:

I hope the Republican national committee spends zero dollars on Romney.

21. blognificentbee says:

😀🤣

22. czarowniczy says:

Considering old ‘Don’t Count Your Hatches Until They’ve Chickened’ Orrin’s record don’t believe he’s made the decision to retire until at least one Congressional cycle after his already handpicked replacement takes his seat.

23. IMO says:

List of U.S. Congress incumbents who are not running for re-election in 2018 – Ballotpedia

We need vetted MAGA candidates to replace all swamp creatures. We need a list of vetted candidates so we can support them.