Trump Administration Cuts Quarter Billion From U.N. Budget…

A quarter billion here, a quarter billion there, and pretty soon we’re talking about Bigly money.  LOL  While T-Rex is achieving State Department spending reductions of 30%, Nikki Haley joins the ‘walking in a winner wonderland” party…

(USUN) Today, the United Nations agreed on a budget for the 2018-2019 fiscal year. ‎Among a host of other successes, the United States negotiated a reduction of over $285 million off the 2016-2017 final budget. In addition to these significant cost savings, we reduced the UN’s bloated management and support functions, bolstered support for key U.S. priorities throughout the world, and instilled more discipline and accountability throughout the UN system.

“The inefficiency and overspending of the United Nations are well known. We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of or remain unchecked. This historic reduction in spending – in addition to many other moves toward a more efficient and accountable UN – is a big step in the right direction. While we are pleased with the results of this year’s budget negotiations, you can be sure we’ll continue to look at ways to increase the UN’s efficiency‎ while protecting our interests,” said Ambassador Haley.  (link)

This entry was posted in Budget, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized, United Nations, US Treasury, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

134 Responses to Trump Administration Cuts Quarter Billion From U.N. Budget…

1. mimbler says:

And although this has been in the works and the timing is coincidental, it is great that it is happening a few days after Niki told the UN we would remember their stabbing us in the back on the Israel vote.

• Moultrie Flag says:

Don’t forget the many other countries that will follow our suit.

• mimbler says:

Yes, there are already 12 following our lead in recognizing Jerusalem as the capitol. I hadn’t thought about that with funding, but the few actually contributing probably will follow our lead.

• Garrison Hall says:

Trump should use that money to build the wall.

• rickoff says:

We don’t need an expensive and largely ineffective physical wall to be built. Walls or fencing can be tunneled under, scaled with ladders, cut through, or blasted open. What we really need is a virtual wall of legislation or executive orders ending all the reasons why illegals come here in the first place (work, free healthcare, anchor babies, free schooling, and all other welfare handouts that they obtain with or without government permission). End all that, no more would come here and those already here would be heading home on their own tomorrow at zero cost to US taxpayers.

• Clive Hoskin says:

Wasn’t it “Russia”who were the first to recognize in August that Israels capitol was”Jerusalem?”So why wasn’t there any protest about that?

• mimbler says:

I hadn’t seen that, but I’m not surprised. The UN is just a forum to heckle the US. I’m glad PDJT is reducing our presence (money) in it.

2. Wow. That’s is quite a lot.

Cue liberal tears. He is just like Hitler, didn’t you know.

3. I have to admit, I keep getting more and more impressed with President Trump’s cabinet picks EVERY day, and Nikki Haley has been no exception. She’s doing a phenomenal job and I think it’s a great idea if some of We, The People email her or send a letter informing her of this.

President Trump’s a G-E-N-I-U-S

• dbobway says:

Nikki Haley is a good soldier.
      But always remember she is very pro immigration for cheap labor.
      Her state is full of them!
      Trump was way down her list to be our Republican nominee.
      When Trump picked her, SC’s new Governor Henry McMaster, a huuge PDJT fan.
      Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
      She has stepped up to the plate for our country.
      And she wants to keep climbing the ladder in the Republic leadership.

• jmuniz1 says:

I cant stand her she is a never trumper but you do make a valid point of his strategy to put Henry McMaster many South Carolinians remember that she removed the Rebel flag
        from the Capital because of Black Lives Matter. She is pure establishment.Who endorsed Globalist Marco Rubio who could never beat Globalist Hillary Clinton who are both part of the Bush Clinton and Obama crime families. We need to clean the parties. The Kochs are working with the Bushes.

• 4sure says:

Tricky Nikki is all for Nikki. She and Pence are career uniparty pols., who have their eyes on the WH and will do whatever it takes to get them there. Neither will ever get a vote from me for anything. They are GOPe.

• Ari says:

Nikki and Pence probably know one thing, when you are the follower, follow. They will get their chances to be leaders again, and God help us when they do.

• bkrg2 says:

very thought provoking Ari. I’ve liked Pence and Nikki from the minute they boarded the Trump Train. (never followed much politics before Trump). MANY people have reservations about these 2
            I think your comment nailed it – “they are good followers”. sooo true.
            I hope you are wrong about what happens when they get a chance to lead again (but I fear you may be correct).

• TreeClimber says:

As a South Carolinian whose mother hung out with all the top state politicians (and therefore heard all the gossip,) I can warn you that Nikki Haley is NOT good for this country, in general. She’s highly ambitious and like all SC politicians, knows where her bread is buttered – and that is it. As Ari said, God help us when she is once again a leader.

• bkrg2 says:

thanks for the insight TreeClimber. Makes me sad – as I have very high regard for her. Every speech and action I have seen from her in 2017 is very impressive. Great mix of firmness, seriousness, and passion. I’ll keep your thoughts (and many others) in the back of my head moving forward.

• G. Combs says:

Nikki is a very good actress. Most politicians that get any higher than dogcatcher have three attributes:

1. They are very good actors or actresses.
                  2. They are for sale to the highest bidder.
                  3. They are ‘honest’ that is they STAY BOUGHT and it is NOT you and I who are doing the buying.

President Trump is unique because he was NOT for sale and he was NOT bought.

• eagle931 says:

To bkrg2: Mike Pence already demonstrated his (lack of) leadership qualities when, as governor of Indiana, he backtracked on that state’s legislation on the protection of religious conscience after the usual suspects, principally the gay lobby and the “mainstream” media bullied him into not signing it. Ever since, he has remained very quiet about this retreat in the face of the usual opposition, which tells me that he has not learned or owned up to his mistake. Unfortunately for us, I just don’t see Mike Pence as the natural heir to Trump’s revolutionary administration, since it is one that takes strong leadership and courage in the face of extreme opposition. In some ways, he reminds me of George H. Bush’s “1,000 Points of Light” and “Compassionate” Conservatism”, which were his weasel words to run away from Ronald Reagan’s bold leadership.

• bkrg2 says:

yeah – I don’t see Pence as president. I like him as VP. Great follower and has been 100% behind Trump since Nov 9.
                There was a couple times he needed a kick to the nads during the campaign, but ok ever since.

• 4harrisonblog says:

President Donald Trump Jr.

• Oh yeah. I haven’t forgotten this. And I think it’s a great idea to keep reminding us of such things because We, The People don’t need to be conned by any illusions, no matter how great the “diplomat” may be. We’ve learned that already. Thanks for your response.

• Sayit2016 says:

That was then this is now. People had the right to have disagreements with Trump. She is HIS pick now, as he saw something in her that he knew would be useful. He was right. She serves at his pleasure. She is doing well in this position. I think it is time to move on…

• That seems right to me.

• Sayit2016 says:

I dunno– that is how I see it. I support President Trump 100% but there are a few things I disagree with and fairly disagree with. For instance I did not think it was a smart move to say ” I think Hillary has suffered enough”.

To me, during the campaign, one of the best moments during the debate is when he said ” If I was President, you would be in jail. ”

Americans cheered that statement- and it was a powerful moment. It gave the PEOPLE hope that the unbridled, unaccountable lawlessness was going to be addressed and decided by the LAW. Not friends in high places covering for each other.

• That was a powerful moment for We the People. If the two statements don’t line up, perhaps there is more information we need to look for. Certainly we don’t have enough information to evaluate what his motive was to say she “has suffered enough.”

• Sayit2016 says:

“Certainly we don’t have enough information to evaluate what his motive was to say she “has suffered enough.”

I am not sure on this…no idea what made him say that… but what I do know, is that there are a lot of Americans that think she can not be punished enough.

• It’s a puzzle. What I mean is what we know about PDT’s character does not seem to align with the second comment. So it would be wise to suspect there is something more going on. 🙂

• Sayit2016 says:

I think I agree with you ; )

• dagnyshrug says:

I think President Trump has been well aware of how Obama blatantly used his power to go after his political enemies–even before Trump ran for president. I also think he was aware of most of what Obama, Clinton, and the dems were up to during and after the campaign. He doesn’t want to give the impression he’s doing the same thing. He’s a brilliant guy. I believe he knew ‘draining the swamp’ would eventually include Hillary; that she would necessarily get caught in that net–and aside from Obama, is the biggest fish.

What happens to her will largely depend on what she has on Obama–because she will use every gun she has to take him with her if she goes. The cabal will never let that happen, but this investigation is probably shaking her up and might slap the arrogance out of her. If they’re serious about getting her though, they’d better grab her passport now.

• That’s very simple. He needed to be reconciliatory towards the Dem voters, and try to unite the nation. He couldn’t go all out on Hillary then. Besides, he might have known about the IG investigation and figured that time would come when her crimes catch up with her and she goes down. Without Trump himself looking like the big bad wolf going after a defenseless woman, mind you. I thought it was strategic genius at work at that time. Kind of like him choosing You can’t always get what you want as his walk-out tune after his acceptance speech.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

Agreed. Don’t forget prosecuting the clintoon crime cyndicate is going to very hard on the country. It has the potential to unleash the dangerous left like we have not seen. He can’t allow the perception that he going after his political enemies. Let justice take its course. Just look at what the weaponzation of the DOJ and FBI has revealed. Punishing the ccc is a question of justice not politics.

• dbobway says:

And that is exactly what is happening.
              Trump is “OUR” President,
              that means everybody.
              He is losing his friends in high places,
              Because they can’t sway him with money.
              It is a beautiful thing!

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

He did not say “ If I were President, you’d be in jail”. He said “you’d be in jail”. In response to hildebeest going on about what would happen if he were President. It is still the best comeback but it is important that he is quoted correctly.

• Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

being fooled and accepting all is well and re-electing the same swamp dwellers is why we needed a Trump in the first place.

• Sayit2016 says:

I do not think it is able being fooled per se if you are referring to Nikki…She is in her element at this post. She is effective. Trump has here there for a reason, I support him on this.

• Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

what i am saying is while she is doing AS SHE’S TOLD TO DO… that she has a history that can not be erased and when voters “forgive and forget” we get the same nasty swamp running things for 30+ years. it’s a pattern that is repeated every 2 and 4 yrs.

at some point this country needs to wake up and face it, we have a swamp because WE keep forgiving, forgetting and accepting and then re-voting for them.

• Sayit2016 says:

I guess I do not totally agree with your assessment. Even Reagan changed his viewpoint on several things. I do not view Nikki as a ” Swamp Member”. People are allowed to reconsider their position when they have more information or when a situation on the ground changes.

I think there is a danger of the mindset that ones “history can not be erased”. Who says it needs or wants it to be? We live we learn.

Trump was an unknown to a lot of people. He seemed familiar to me because he is very similar in looks, temperment and outlook and business philosophy. I understood his personality both positive and negative. I understand the concern some had.. ..but now that he is better known and understood, people are coming around.

As far as being ” told what to do ” I think that she was clear ( in her interview) in that Trump asks her opinion on things, they are aligned in many ways and work well together. Trump has never been from what I have observed as a YES MAN kind of a person. He honestly seeks the honest opinions of others, which I think is smart.

As to reelecting people that actively work against the interest of the country, the people or the President– I agree they must be voted out, or the sweeping changes Trump is implementing will be wiped out.

• dagnyshrug says:

With all we know about Haley why take a chance on her, unless she’s the best of a sad bunch, which is too often the case?

• Sayit2016 says:

Because TRUMP took a chance that’s why.

• Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

Well , she believes in open borders aka amnesty and she fell quickly to democrats by taking down the confederate flag and her 1st choice (judgement) was to pick Rubio for president…. #smh

I have ZERO faith or trust in her ability to make sound non swampy decisions on her own.

• Sayit2016 says:

I understand your comment– I think the FLAG thing is stupid. Open borders and Amnesty are two separate things. I will do some research on her Amnesty /open border position

• Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

She backed Rubio 100% for president… that is his stance as a member of the #Gangof8

• Sayit2016 says:

Deborah a lot of people supported Rubio-I liked him for a while a few years back and then he just turned me off. … so for me Trump was the only choice. Again that was then this is now. I am not going to hold it against someone that had honest reservations about Trump. They were wrong… this past year has demonstrated it.

• Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

I’m not holding it against her that Trump was not her first choice. I am holding it against her that she had/has such bad judgement to begin with about Rubio.

• Sayit2016 says:

Deborah we are all human beings and therefore prone to error …I had an impression of Rubio at first as well , a very good friend in FL that knows him personally (their kids go to the same school for the past 4 years ) but I saw a very different side to him during the campaign that I did not like . Even my friend Jorge said wow ..that is not the guy I thought I knew…..

• dagnyshrug says:

We were also too complacent. We didn’t give enough support to good primary challengers for congressional seats. We also didn’t thoroughly investigate the challengers that had a chance of being elected. The real problem is they corrupt them as fast as we can elect them, even if they go in with the best of intentions.

• dbobway says:

People don’t change their beliefs.
          Nikki Haley would make Bill krystol have a Chris Mathews moment if she ran for President.
          Marco Rubio for a running mate?

I just threw up in my mouth!

• G. Combs says:

Sayit2016, none of use are saying that Nikki is not doing a really good job. She is. She is doing a GREAT JOB…. Under President Trump’s direction.

HOWEVER, this should not be conflated with meaning she would make a good president since she has already shown herself to be a typical untrustworthy politician.

Nikki’s folding to OUTSIDERS on the Confederate Flag issue is the deal breaker for me. BECAUSE she folded on that issue we now have our historic statues being toppled.

“A variety of people went, just the other day, to stomp and spit on the freshly toppled Civil War statue in Durham, NC” These are the people who Nikki caved to and why I do NOT want her in a position of power.

Functional Illiterates Trying To Erase History I do NOT want Functional Illiterates — ANARCHISTS AND ANTIFA directing my politicians!

“[…]The revisionist history now being peddled by the left wing media and their non-thinking acolytes lacks a factual basis, historical context and a true understanding of history…
          It wasn’t the shameful episode portrayed by the brain dead faux journalists babbling on CNN and MSNBC.

Illegally pulling down statues of Confederate soldiers and taking videos of “brave” unemployed liberal arts major social justice warriors kicking the Confederate soldier is what passes for activism in today’s warped society. Liberal mayors and city councils across the south are falling all over themselves wasting time and taxpayer money to remove statues of Confederate generals to appease the left and make a display of how anti-racist they can be. Meanwhile, their cities are bankrupt, their infrastructure is decaying, black crime is rampant and their education systems matriculate functionally illiterate deranged snowflakes into society….

Across the country, 718 Confederate monuments and statues remain, with nearly 300 of them in Georgia, Virginia or North Carolina. There are also 109 public schools named for Robert E. Lee, Confederate President Jefferson Davis or other icons of the Civil War-era South. Will the left be satisfied when all 718 monuments are destroyed and all 109 schools are renamed Oprah Winfrey Middle School? No. They will find something else to be offended about, and violently attack again.[…]”

• G. Combs says:

PS I do business in Durham NC and I almost turned down the 2nd most lucrative job for this year because of that Statue Toppling episode and the ANTIFA threats.

• dagnyshrug says:

I used to drive through Durham regularly. Now I use an alternate route. Takes longer but the place is a cesspool. Nobody wants to have to stop there. My daughter is considering a doctorate program there and I almost hope she doesn’t get in…almost.

• Sayit2016 says:

I never said she would make a good President. I don’t think she would. Her position on the Confederate flag was BS in my opinion. Anyone that does honest research on the Southern Cross would be hard pressed to be offended. The removal of historical monuments pisses me off. That is our History.

• trapper says:

Haley has been very effective in the job Pres Trump has given her, and deserves credit for that. She has successfully wrangled some very tricky security counsel resolutions, and pulls no punches in her addresses to the general assembly. I’ll deal with other issues with regard to her if and when they present themselves in the future. In the meantime, she’s earned a pat on the back and a “well done.”

4. Should have been done years, actually decades ago…
    Too much of America’s money goes into the UN, along with America be the major nation brought into in international issues, such as military, food, shelter, medical, and other issues.

5. Donna in Oregon says:

6. fleporeblog says:

You want to consistently vote against Israel 🇮🇱 and us then don’t be surprised when we follow through and cut funding to the UN. The days of double crossing the USA 🇺🇸 are over. Your either with us or you are against us.

• 4sure says:

Fle., this is what it says, “Today, the United Nations agreed on a budget for the 2018-2019 fiscal year. ‎Among a host of other successes, the United States negotiated a reduction of over $285 million off the 2016-2017 final budget. In addition to these significant cost savings, we reduced the UN’s bloated management and support functions,…”

That does NOT say the U.S. cut ITS UN budget by $285 million. It says the UN cut its budget and staff. Good for the UN cutting its budget, but if it does not translate into the U.S. cutting its funding to the UN, then why do I care and why should I get excited.

The only thing positive that I would care about or get excited about concerning the UN would be for us to kick them out of the USA after we have withdrawn from that communist/ Islam kiss ass org.

• Charlotte says:

I don’t even know why it had to be NEGOTIATED.
        Just pull the rug out from under the scheming globalist UN and withdraw funding.
        I hope its more next year. And yes-use the money to build the wall–JOBS for Americans.

• G. Combs says:

It is CONGRESS that determines how much money is given to the United Nations and other foreign NGO, countries and what not.

Nixon tried to NOT payout congressionally appropriated funds and the Supreme Court ruled it was a No No and insisted the funding appropriated must be paid. Of course this was funds going to liberals. In the case of Janet Napolitano not spending the funding for the border wall and cutting Mexican border patrol, Congress had zero problem. 🙄

• Sayit2016 says:

I love the appearance of this being an instant thing. ; ) UN gets their clocks cleaned and viola and quarter of a billion disappears from their bloated budget. ROUND 1= TRUMP WINS ; )

7. Emily Summer says:

It’s a good start.

8. pam2246 says:

That’s my president! Cut more, I am not sick of winning yet!!! 😄

9. helix35 says:

Be careful, Allen: you might be making so much sense that you’ll quit the Democrat Party altogether (or get kicked out).

10. moe2004 says:

President Trump should make them pay all the Parking Tickets in NYC too, no more sucking us dry MAGA!

11. SharkDiver says:

Nikki is doing a bang up job because she is doing exactly what her boss (Trump) is telling her to do. Without his guidance and the short leash he has given her, I wouldn’t her any further than I could throw her. Tigers don’t change the color of their stripes, they just campuflage themselves really well.

• SharkDiver says:

* Doh…wouldn’t “trust” her

• chooseamerica says:

Shark diver, could not agree more.

• volintn says:

Exactly Shark…..give her explicit instructions and a short leash and she’ll be fine. I cringe every time someone says she’d make a great president in 2024!

• LetsPlay says:

Let’s face facts. As an “employee” of Trump, she is doing a bang up job going toe-to-toe with the muscles from Brussels, well idiots is more like it. But she is doing a great job. If Trump is being a great leader, he gives her the objective and let’s her figure out how to accomplish it.

That said, while the success does make Nikki look good, it does not mean that she is making the tough decisions, only following up on them. So for any future success, she is going to have to claim a lot on her part, for her success, which is largely due to Trump and her staff. So maybe we will see her level out with the peter principle and remain an administrator and not a leader.

• piper567 says:

2D prognosticators all
        Nikki, imo, is not even VP material.
        I do agree she is doing yeoman’s work at UN, but I also agree that’s due to short leash and uncompromising boss.
        Good news: Trump knows her…she will not go far w/o his backing.

• jbt says:

President Trump is going to make a lot of people look good before his terms are through. It’s what a great CEO does.

12. AFVet says:

OT, kinda,…
    Here’s the new one,…..

13. zephyrbreeze says:

Oprah Rule, oft quoted by smug lefties everywhere:

You teach people how to treat you.

Well done, Pres. Trump.

14. Blue Ridge Mts Va. says:

That outfit (UN) needs to be so very defunded that it has leave the country for other climes.

15. gfgustav says:

We are cutting $285 million out of WHAT? According to politifact, the UN’s REGULAR budget in 2016-2017 was $5.4 billion, of which the U.S. contributed approx 22% or 1.2 billion. Hence a reduction of $285M out of the previous year’s $1.2 billion represents a cut of 0.2375 or 23.75% (call it 24% rounded up).

This does NOT count more than a DOZEN OTHER UN agencies and operations the U.S. supports, the largest of which is the UN’s peacekeeping activity with a price tag of $7.8 billion of which we pay 28% or $2.2 billion. All told, the US provides about $3.3 billion/year to finance the UN.

Hence, the $285M represents only about 8.64% of the total UN contribution the US alone made in 2016-2017. It would be nice if we can expand that cut to at least 33% of our previous contributions, or about $1.1 billion. We have a ways to go.

• jeans2nd says:

If one multiplies 285 million times 4 years, it equals 1.14 billion, if the calculator in my head works properly. 1.14 billion is fairly close to 1.1 billion, it would seem. Check it on a calculator to make certain.
      All in good time, gustav, all in good time. Patience.

• Sayit2016 says:

Give it a little time…..; )

• LetsPlay says:

What was it the Obama admin used to say about “fundamentally changing” America? They would have “nudge” people a little at a time! Well, I think the game here is to not only put the UN on notice and put teeth into that notice but carry the threat through on future actions and future budgets. We aren’t paying good money just be have them spit in our face. We want results that are in our interests and the interests we believe to be good for others and which in many cases are in direct opposition to the globalists in charge of the UN and the EU. Patience is right. Let it play out.

• ZurichMike says:

Rome wasn’t built in a day. Nor will it be razed to the ground and rebuilt in a day.

16. 4sure says:

`If this is a reduction by the UN in ITS budget, this not mean that the US has cut its contribution to the UN. So, how much money did I as a tax payer save by this budget sleight of hand by the UN? Unless it means a cut in the amount the USA contributes in the next yr., color me unimpressed.

• What leads you to think the $285M “cut” would be spread proportionately across the 200 some member countries? I always figured the UN got as much as NATO – every member paying a fraction of what it “owed,” except the US. [I’d LOL here, but it’s not funny.]

17. decisiontime16 says:

What I love most is the President shows respect for us.. Just as he doesn’t like getting ripped off personally and will not tolerate it, he is the same for the US citizens not getting ripped off either.

“The inefficiency and overspending of the United Nations are well known. We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of or remain unchecked.”

• LetsPlay says:

Yes, yes! He takes the perspective that he is a “steward” of the people’ money to the extent that he can. This is a long game. He can’t change everything in one fell swoop guys! Hang in there.

18. bkrg2 says:

Thank you Nikki. Well done! Way to save the USA more $ to contribute to MAGA agenda.

19. jbrickley says:

Nikki looks like she’s having way too much fun! Guess, DJT won her over BIGLY. She didn’t like DJT at first but I guess she’s gotten to actually know him. You just know all these Cabinet and positioned folks have been chatting around the fireplace as The Don reveals pieces of his plan and they realize just how smart he really is. They may ask questions about the big picture and he teases them and reveals nothing. Down the line they witness the chips falling, building trust as the WIN begins to reveal itself. Everyone likes to be on the winning side. They offer insight and their own knowledge which Don incorporates into the great BIGLY play on the table. DJT is self-aware that he doesn’t know everything which is why he’s selected “killers” to work with him. If this was taking over a multi-national corporation where DJT was CEO, he would be moving even faster because he could run it much more efficiently. Instead, he’s got to use every trick in the book. It’s a very good thing he’s been swimming with the sharks for decades upon decades

This is just one move on the chess board folks, just one single move. Don’t sweat the drop in the bucket amount. The U.N. funding is nothing compared to the money paid to all those who voted against America. Afterall, Jerusalem has been the capital of Israel since about 3000 B.C. but recently, May 14th, 1948 as well. So let’s see what those who voted against America receive in their stockings in 2018. Money better spent on allies who supported the US vs. backstabbing fools who take our money and spit in our eye. America holds all the cards, no country can truly stand against us we just forgot that simple fact over the last 30 odd years. There are many pieces in play, “complicated business folks, complicated business”.

DJT may not win every battle but he’s sure as shooting to win the war.

20. LetsPlay says:

I don’t believe so Lamar. The League of Nations was a result of WW1 and President Wilson’s globalist views towards socializing the world’s governments. That’s what he started. Maybe he/they used “fighting communism” as the reason for the UN but that was never the real intent.

• ibobland08 says:

Correct. There’s a reason Congress originally did not allow America to join the UN, even though ironically it was Wilson’s idea.

The term “United Nations” was actually another term for the Allies during World War II. The truth is that the US, Britain, and France, united with communism to defeat Germany and Japan. It’s more accurate to say that the United Nations was tolerant of communism originally.

21. ZurichMike says:

Noticed that Dershowitz corrected himself: “Donald Trump . . . President Trump”. Small steps even for a lifelong Democrat.

22. paulraven1 says:

I’m not clear. Are those overall budget reductions or strictly a reduction in the US contribution?

23. Leslie Ingersoll says:

Nikki serves at the pleasure for POTUS. She gets to work closely with SOS T-Rex, if one teeny, tiny bit of Tillerson ‘rubs off’ onto her, she will be awesome. I imagine, that being in the same room with POTUS’s cabinet would make a person sit up straight, and be ready to MAGA. What a powerful Cabinet, just being in the same room with them would be exilerating! Life changing, I would say. Nikki is doing great and is backed by those awesome and powerful men of the Cabinet, as well as POTUS 45🇺🇸

24. yy4u says:

Keep the US in the UN but get the UN out of the US!

We should pay per capita the same as the average of France, Germany and Britain pay per capita. Why is the US the piggy bank for the rest of the world. I’m fed up with it.

• yy4u says:

I forgot part two. LOCATE THE UN in the home city of the secretary general. Rent headquarters so none of the “members” can dig in permanently into New York. Imagine what relocating the UN to Portugal will do for the Portuguese economy (next Sec Gen is from Portugal). Imagine what relocating the UN would have done for Ghana had it been located there when Kofi Anan was the sec general, or Egypt when Boutros Gali was sec general. This would serve two fold. Make the pampered pompadours think twice about for whom they vote for sec-general. Moscow in December? Africa in July? Jerusalem when the Palestinians are conducting one of their numerous intafadas? How about Yemen? Or Tehran? The possibilities are endless. Just NOT New York. Sell the building to developers and donate the proceeds to world hunger.

25. kinthenorthwest says:

This says so much about the world & America.
    Just think about it ….Where have so many of the countries in the UN been when America & Americans needed help, especially the ones that voted against America.
    Was really shocked when I heard Japan had. H3LL America spend Billions to help rebuild Japan after WWII & I will bet they have not paid back even 1%.

• This speech has always given me chills. God Bless you, Mr. Sinclair, RIP.

• kinthenorthwest says:

Germany & Japan were out to destroy everything American in WWII.
        Yet after WWII, America spend Billions rebuilding these countries. How much have we seen from these monies. However, we have given just these two countries alone hundreds of Billions more since rebuilding their countries in the late 40s & early 50s.
        Like Sinclair says America has gotten nothing.
        It also seems that they don’t care if we go broke supporting our own refugee mess (illegals), for they want us to take on some of their crazy refugee problems.

26. I wonder what Nikki Haley’s views about Americanism will be at the end of Mr. Trump’s term. I don’t see them as being the same as the day she ordered the Confederate Battle flag struck in SC. If he gets his wall, I don’t see her acting to have it removed.