President Trump and Vice-President Mike Pence met earlier today with congressional leadership: House Speaker Paul Ryan, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

[Video and Transcript of remarks below]  When Nancy Pelosi began talking the look on VP Pence’s face is, well, priceless. Additionally, anticipating Pelosi and Schumer are going to hold up the budget by threatening military spending, the ever-strategic Trump invited General Mattis into the discussion so the Democrat leadership could tell him to his face why they would be willing to put American military lives at risk.  Epic.

[ Transcript] 3:08 P.M. EST – THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. We’re all here as a very friendly, well-unified group. It’s a well-knit-together group of people. And we hope that we’re going to make some great progress for our country. I think that will happen, and we appreciate it very much.

And, Chuck, Nancy, would you say anything — like to say anything? Chuck?

LEADER SCHUMER: Well, we hope we can come to an agreement. Funding the government is extremely important, helping our soldiers is very important, and helping average citizens is very important.

So we’re here in the spirit of: let’s get it done.

LEADER PELOSI: Thank you, Mr. President, for this opportunity. We are here to make progress. We have some important issues that we share with you. You have described the opioid crisis in our country, and we want to address that; help our veterans; S-CHIP, children’s health insurance; and, again, all things that have bipartisan support in the Congress.

THE PRESIDENT: That’s very true. Thank you, Nancy, very much. Mitch.

LEADER MCCONNELL: Mr. President, we’re here to reach a bipartisan agreement to finish out the year. And I’m glad that you invited us. I’m happy to be here.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Paul.

SPEAKER RYAN: I’m glad we’re here to resume conversations.

THE PRESIDENT: Mike, you have anything?

LEADER SCHUMER: Each person has said less. (Laughter.)

SPEAKER RYAN: One sentence.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I’m grateful for the leaders of both political parties. This is a time of great opportunity in this country. We’re seeing growth at home, but we have many challenges abroad and many challenges facing the American people.

And I’m more confident than ever, Mr. President, with your leadership and with the good faith of all the people in this room, that before this Christmas we’ll produce real results for the American people that will make America stronger and more prosperous.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, thank you very much. I thought that with what’s going on in the world, I would bring our great military genius/person along and maybe General Mattis could say a couple of words.

SECRETARY MATTIS: It’s an honor to be here with the leaders from the Hill. Sort of the number-one priority for our country is to make certain we protect this Constitution and our way of life. And we’ve got great bipartisan support. I’m confident we’ll walk out of this with it.

THE PRESIDENT: I am too. Thank you all very much. Thank you. Thank you very much.

END 3:11 P.M. EST

This entry was posted in Big Government, Budget, Dem Hypocrisy, Donald Trump, Legislation, media bias, Mike pence, Military, Mitch McConnell, Paul Nehlen, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

83 Responses to President Trump and Vice President Pence Meet With Congressional Leadership (Ryan, Pelosi, McConnell, Schumer)…

1. n1ghtcr4wler says:

Waste of time to meet with this scum that wants to impeach Trump. Pelosi is clearly blessed with Alzheimers and thinks she is speaking with Bush.

2. chojun says:

*Schumer

3. bosscook says:

Note in Schumer’s comments: “Funding the government is extremely important, helping our soldiers is very important, and helping average citizens is very important.” – funding the government is EXTREMELY important. Not so much our soldiers and “average” citizens. Pretty much sums up leftist belief, right there.

• mopar2016 says:

These political slobs get their money from average citizens.
      And they spend that money on illegal aliens.

Nobody can tell me that using American tax dollars to fund illegal activity is legal.
      No way.

4. 17CatsInTN says:

You know, my mother lived with me the last just under 5 years of her life. I can tell you watching and listening to Nancy, which, BTW, I haven’t done in decades, she is not well. She exhibits all the signs and mannerisms of old age.

I’m not going to speculate whether she does or does not have dementia or Alzheimer’s, I’m just telling you from my experience living with and caring for a woman who died at 88 in my home, Nancy is elderly and she is not in control of all her mental or physical faculties any more.

How sad that she refuses to give up her power and just live out her remaining years peacefully with her family.

• DD More says:

All in the technique.
      How to Close a Sales Deal With a Difficult Customer
      Don’t react or display anxiety
      Stay firm
      When necessary, mirror their response
      Probe into their challenges
      Understand their top priorities
      Secure true buy in
      Before you get to your proposal, find out how serious the prospect is about solving the challenges and objectives they’ve spoken to you about. Instead of asking if the customer is committed to buying your product or service, try asking, “George, are you committed to doing something about this right now?”
      By holding your prospects’ feet to the fire, you’ll be able to gauge whether or not they’re ready to commit to what you have to offer.
      Tough customers are never fun — but they can still be profitable. With a game plan in place, you’ll be far less likely to fold under pressure or take difficult selling situations personally.

Probably a chapter in ‘Art of the Deal’.

5. freq says:

Mr. President… they hate you… but you knew that…

6. Pam says:

7. Joe says:

Headline should say Schumer, not Reid. I did a good job and have forgotten all about Harry Reid and you reminded me of him darn it. Get down and give me 20 don’t do it again. thanks for your great work.

8. We can bet that General Mattis laid out exactly how dire the threats are and the disasters Democrats will own if they obstruct FULL and CONTINUOUS Defense Funding.

9. WhistlingPast says:

That was a heck of a knee slap PT gave VP!
    Belonged on Schmuck and Nancy’s faces.

10. All American Snowflake says:

Schumer seemed to be avoiding eye contact with the President.

11. PowerCord says:

ENOUGH WITH THE FREAKIN’ CAMERAS!!! Can’t hear sh!t. And, the dam camera was out of focus. Come on, we can do better than this!!!

• RICHARD CANARY says:

I agree. These high-priced cameras used by the media are the loudest I’ve ever heard. Don’t know why they are so loud, but it sure is annoying. You would think they would control the use of them during the recording sessions.

12. covfefe999 says:

Hahaha, Pence’s expression. A penny for his thoughts!

13. dissonant1 says:

I like the fact that Mattis was there. I would like to think that PDJT was signalling that he shares Mattis’ approach (politically): “Be polite, be professional. But always have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”

14. Deborah @UnTamedInSD says:

Optics are everything –
    3 masculine Blue Ties – Hungry Lion’s setting the table
    3 pink pussy ties – sulking & likely scheming as to who’s going to trip Nancy
    1 pink pussy dress – offered up schumer first

15. Abster says:

Pelosi’s hand gestures are a scream. I think she’s very nervous.

16. Pam says:

17. treehouseron says:

Nice to see James Mattis meeting Pelosi and Schumer.

Here’s a quote from that same James Mattis.

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”

18. georgiafl says:

19. fedback says:

The Vice President is such a great, loyal Vice President.
    Servant leadership.’ The servant always asks, Where am I needed most’

• milktrader says:

Disagree. I think he’s ineffectual.

What has he done to push forward legislation? I thought he was the go-to guy for that.

And his defense of Trump when the media hyenas attack is muted and pure political self-preservation.

Pence has robot-like responses to things. He has no soul. He would be much better suited as a cabinet member to see if he can perform. Otherwise he is just words.

I wish my opinion of Pence were more positive. Sadly he has not given me a chance to change my impressions.

• ladypenquin says:

I can’t help but notice your constant disdain for VP Pence.

So far, he has shown us nothing but loyalty to the President and the people.

• milktrader says:

I just don’t trust him. Would love to be proven wrong.

The loyalty I see is passive loyalty, a little less enthusiastic than I would expect.

• Hoosier says:

He was our Governor when he was drafted for VP. The guy before him, Mitch Daniels had righted the ship of state in Indiana. Our economy was booming in an economic storm in the rust belt states. He didn’t screw it up. He kept Mitch Daniels policies and made them even Mitchier with a bit of evangelical Christian thrown in. He is learning from POTUS. He watches quietly and is absorbing Trumpism. Trump 8 and Pence 8, mark my words. He will continue to learn and will pick a great VPOTUS. That VPOTUS 8 as well.

He made some mistakes in Indiana politically, but in governance he was spot on. Don’t be surprised when you see him waxing the beast on the White House driveway (Karate Kid Ref).

• RH says:

milktrader is exactly right and I agree totally. The day VP Pence can defend Trump with the Media and Democrats may be I will think differently – Till then VP Pence does not have my vote or support.

• I think VP Pence has stepped up to the plate. I think he stood by Donald Trump at all of the most difficult times and has been a very able & willing surrogate representing the USA and supporting the President’s message, He was carefully picked by POTUS and I believe it is because of his probity, sense of honor & of willingness to make a commitment to MAGA.

VP is not supposed to be leading the show or the counter attacks attack. POTUS defends himself & call the shots, that”s his style. When pushed by media Pence has always pushed back & defended DT.

• ladypenquin says:

It’s not his job to speak to the media and defend President Trump. The VP isn’t supposed to be getting out there giving fodder to the MSM. He is doing exactly what he should do. In fact, if you’ll think about it, POTUS doesn’t have his people running to the microphone every chance they get…

So you don’t like him, okay, but he has not done anything as VP which earns such scorn.

• sat0422 says:

I agree lady penquin. A VP is always in the background and does as requested by the President. I don’t think that there is a person walking around that has qualities that come close to that of our great President. I pray for him daily. That said, perhaps Pence is in training. If so, we will know in about seven more years.

• Hoosier says:

• milktrader, President Trump needs no one to defend him. He does that himself with ease and enjoyment. To bad that it ruffles your feathers.

20. MAGAbear says:

I think Sundance may have altered the text of this meeting a bit. Here’s the original wording:

“THE PRESIDENT: We’re all here in a very friendly, well unified group. Unfortunately, someone invited a pair of losers, Chuck and Nancy, to this festive event. Have anything not completely stupid to say, Chuck or Nancy? No? Good, I didn’t want to hear any of your whining anyway. Now, back to MAGA……….and we are, bigly!”

21. POP says:

The two great open sores in the US system are: suing losers don’t have full legal costs automatically awarded against them (this would fix the gratuitous use of courts in the US).
    And add on legislation (blackmail legislation) with no relationship to the Bill being voted on can be tacked on and defeat or modify the main Bill. ie. Pelosi attempting to piggy back DACA legislation on the back of Budget legislation. This is appalling and happens nowhere else in the English speaking world. It’s an illegal concept elsewhere and zapping it would go a long way to destroying the pork barrel that is US politics.

22. RJ says:

Congressional leadership of Schumer, McConnell, Ryan, and Pelosi – the combined brainpower to make a bird fly backwards.