No-one really knows the scale of how many illegal aliens are currently embedded within the U.S. workforce because the immigration laws and employment laws are in conflict.

However, as one example – a single commercial Chicago Bakery, Cloverhill, was audited (raided) by Immigration and Customs Enforcement recently and a full one-third of their 2,400 employee total workforce was illegal.

CHICAGO — A Chicago bakery lost 800 workers to an immigration raid earlier this year.

Bloomberg reports that the Cloverhill Bakery on the Northwest Side, lost more than a third of its employees who didn’t have sufficient documentation.

The Swiss-based company makes hamburger buns for McDonald’s and other chains.

A spokesman said the bakery is struggling to replace staff, is facing pressure to raise wages, and has lost $21 million due to the disruption. (read more)

Perhaps it’s more than a little coincidental that Chicago, a sanctuary city with a massive violent crime issue, was also the primary destination for thousands of illegal alien border crossers facilitated by the Obama administration during the 2014/2015 influx:

Illegal Alien Relocation Centers – Click to Go Interactive

This entry was posted in Death By Illegal Alien, Economy, Illegal Aliens, media bias, Mexico, President Trump, Refugees, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

324 Responses to One Company – 800 Illegal Workers Busted During Chicago Bakery Immigration Raid…

1. MfM says:

This article from the Chicago Tribune indicates it may have been in June — It may have just come out because of their annual report.

• auntiefran413 says:

I know that the church I attend was asking for donations to Marygrove (one of the Missouri organizations “hosting” 60 unaccompanied minor immigrants) some time this summer. They didn’t get a penny from this lady!

2. Ray F. says:

800 new jobs immediately available for citizens and legal residents! MAGA! =^[.]^=

• Bendix says:

Yes. Now they may have to pay some Chicago citizens a decent wage.
      No one seems to connect the rise in illegal workers taking jobs and the rise in violent crime.
      Men need work to do.

• Amazes me that the other 2/3 of the workforce stayed shtum about the illegals among them.
        Maybe they didn’t want the extra wages or over-time work. (irony)

• lastinillinois says:

They didn’t want to get fired.

• Jenny R. says:

Probably didn’t want to get harassed and then fired — or rather, forced to quit (it happens, and then no unemployment).

• Tejas Rob says:

Maybe they knew it wouldn’t do any good, until now.

• Mike says:

Please, People talked. I called ICE on our illegals as did others. The call center lady with a thick Spanish accent (kid you not) suggested I was racist and said they probably weren’t illegal. Also said nothing to see here when I pointed out someone was just arrested with 100 plus SS cards. About six months later 595 illegals were arrested where I said they’d be and that was one shift. Lots of Americans showed up for the jobs the next week,

BTW- the plant I reported is 4.5 miles from State Senator Chris McDaniel’s home. Of course people that don’t live here and think he’s Jeff Daniels (people really tell me this) makes excuses for him and say maybe Good Ole’ down home Jeff Daniels didn’t know. Whatever. Everyone knows and have for 20 years. Sheriff even ran on deporting them. Yeah I know, he can’t do that and it’s doesn’t matter since he’s been crickets on there being a such thing as an illegal since taking office ten or twelve years ago.

• old farta says:

Or get fired.

• Jo says:

When I lived in the US as an Alien Resident, from 1990 – 2015, every job that I applied for, required that I furnish a copy of my “Green Card” (which was pink).
      By choice, I stopped working in 2005, but from 1990 to 2005, it was made clear to me in the application process, that if I didn’t furnish a Green Card, then I wasn’t eligible to work.
      I know these people were illegals, but I have always recognised that some Americans are also responsible for the illegal immigrants, because they are greedy & hire illegals, rather than locals.

3. MIKE says:

ICE-ing on their cake?

4. Donna in Oregon says:

There are some problems for US companies and the E=Verify system is flawed. There has been an ongoing problem with the Social Security Office and DOJ with respect to the SS#’s and also the DOJ Civil Rights division also has a complaint process so employers have to be careful…..

It’s not always the employers fault….the system is flawed.

Q. What type of employer conduct is prohibited under the INA’s anti-discrimination provision?

A. The Immigration and Nationality Act’s (INA) anti-discrimination provision, codified at 8 U.S.C. § 1324b, prohibits four types of unfair employment practices:

Citizenship or immigration status discrimination with respect to hiring, firing, and recruitment or referral for a fee, by employers with four or more workers, subject to certain exceptions. Employers may not treat individuals differently because of their citizenship or immigration status. U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, recent permanent residents, asylees, and refugees are protected from citizenship status discrimination. Lawful permanent residents who do not apply for naturalization within six months of eligibility and certain other non-U.S. citizen categories are not protected from citizenship status discrimination. An employer may restrict hiring to U.S. citizens only when required to do so by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
    National origin discrimination with respect to hiring, firing, and recruitment or referral for a fee, by employers with 4 to 14 workers. Employers may not treat individuals differently because of their place of birth, country of origin, ancestry, native language, accent or because they are perceived as looking or sounding “foreign.” All work-authorized individuals are protected from national origin discrimination. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has jurisdiction over national origin discrimination claims against employers with 15 or more workers.
    Unfair documentary practices related to verifying the employment eligibility of employees during the I-9 and E-Verify processes. Employers may not, on the basis of citizenship, immigration status, or national origin, request more or different documents than are required to verify employment eligibility and identity, reject reasonably genuine-looking documents, or specify certain documents over others. All work-authorized individuals are protected from unfair documentary practices.
    Intimidation or Retaliation. Employers may not intimidate, threaten, coerce, or retaliate against individuals who file charges with IER, who cooperate with an IER investigation, who contest an action that may constitute unfair documentary practices or discrimination based upon citizenship status or national origin, or who otherwise assert their rights under the INA’s anti-discrimination provision.

• nuthinmuffin says:

so 800 illegals is because of a glitch?

• Donna in Oregon says:

I look at Chicago and it’s long history of corrupt politicians….Screwy Louie Gutierrez, Rohm (Dead Fish) Emmanuel and I would look to see that the company wasn’t coerced into hiring them or these people weren’t referred by the employment office in Chicago.

Who knows? It is Chicago, Obama and his pals rule there.

• auntiefran413 says:

Chicago’s history of dirty politics goes way back before Emanuel — Daly some time in the id ’50s was as bad or worse than Emanuel. The main difference, as I see it, is that Daly’s fangs didn’t extend into national politics…but maybe that’s because I was just a kid then.

• Mist'ears Mom says:

When I was in Chicago for a month in 1976 I couldn’t find a Mexican restaurant anywhere in the city. I had to settle for a Mexican TV dinner served in a bar-no joke.
          There wasn’t anywhere near the number of Hispanics in Chicago that there were in CA or border states. Look at it now.
          A lot has changed in the last 40 years-mass illegal immigration and pro-creation by illegals without anyone saying anything and bad immigration policy-democrap rule – look where it has gotten them.
          For 20 years at least that stupid “12 million illegals” number has been parroted to john Q public ad nauseam.
          What a crock-I believe it is more like 50 million- it makes me sick to see what has happened to our great country.
          Press 1 for Spanish…

• shirley49 says:

I think I would have noticed if I had that many employees who did not speak ENGLISH

• Elizabeth Carter says:

The Government has put employers into a very difficult situation and made it very hard for them to hire American citizens. Employers who are looking for slaves prefer these rules that enable them to engage in human trafficking.

You can call me racist if you like. They call us everything and I really don’t care anymore.
      I prefer that we hire American citizens for American jobs.

If I am given a preference about who I would want working in the bakery, I would prefer an American citizen of any color over an immigrant who does not speak English, may have been trained to hate us and does not know how to wash their hands or even use a bathroom. Any American citizen knows all these things and were either born into our society generations ago or have assimilated.

Immigrants are often brought here as slaves to take the jobs of American citizens and can be mistreated because they have no actual legal standing. If they get injured, raped, sick or killed they can just be disposed of and cannot fight back because they are not a citizen and no one cares what happens to them. They just disappear when they become inconvenient. Some companies prefer that way of dealing with “human resources”..

Given a choice between a black American citizen and a Somali illegal alien, I choose the American citizen every time 1,000%, Our own black population has been totally disrespected. They were born and raised American for generations.

I am using blacks as an example because the progressives use them to make this a black and white issue. It is absolutely not a racist issue. It is an issue of heritage. Many of our black citizens have descended from families that have been here since the 1600s. They have every right to be here. To even call them African Americans makes a point of not accepting them as Americans. They would not know how to survive in Africa any better than I would. Africa is not their world and never has been in their experience. America is all they have ever known and to be displaced and mocked as being less than an illegal immigrant who can’t even speak English is humiliating and disparaging.

American citizens need the jobs. Why are they being given to illegal aliens? The only answer that makes sense to me is that there are people in high places trying to totally destroy our country.

• wheatietoo says:

^^This^^ …So much This!

Thank you, Elizabeth, for this most excellent comment.

• bayoucastine says:

All those of African decent should immediately STOP using/applying the term “African Americans”. To use the “AA” term should be an affront to them.

• wheatietoo says:

Yes, thank you for pointing this out, Donna.

Employers are not allowed to “discriminate” in favor of hiring US citizens.
      And this is an outrage!

Most people don’t even know this.
      They blame employers for ‘hiring illegals’…when it is our own Govt that is forcing them to do it!

I have tried to explain this, but I don’t think people believe me.
      So thank you for posting some of the actual Govt verbiage that employers are forced to comply with.

• nanospeak says:

I was tracking a delinquent taxpayer and identified his SS# as being employed by a certain company whereupon further investigation revealed that an illegal immigrant was using the SS# for employment at the company. I was able to find the true and legal owner of the SS# and informed him of the situation after I collected his delinquent tax.

The employer claimed to have no idea of the fraud and I believed them because they had no problem describing the employee quite well enough for me know it was not my man.

• Mist'ears Mom says:

It only takes our government &/or social security office about 3 or 4 years to identify that a “so called” legal (really illegal) employee is using someone else’s SSN.
        Seriously-I had an employee with a stolen SSN-I didn’t know until long after she was gone and she was a crook. SSN notified me that the SSN number she was using didn’t belong to her or was in error. By that time there was nothing I could do, she had moved on to the next unsuspecting victim employer.
        That’s our government for you. E-verify needs to be mandatory nationwide.

• Mike says:

They use stolen identities. Here they get fired or quit all the time just like the whites, blacks and American browns. Difference is they come back the next week as a new character and the company doesn’t care. Hey we just hire Frank Smith, he looks a lot like Bob Johnson that we just let go and also speaks broken English.

We had a guy near the plant get arrested with over 100 SS cards. I know people at the hospital and with police. When going through someone’s wallet for inventory there are often three or even five Social Security cards. All this said the employers of course know what is going on. They should be sued for the stolen identities.

5. Kerry Gimbel says:

I wonder if Gutierrez heard about the 800 illegals. If so we may be seeing his screaming raisen face soon!

• Maybe the Roach caught wind of this bust early and is ducking for cover.
      Not to mention as SD pointed out – Puerto Rico could be highly more attractive for the money laundering he could do there. Maybe both…..

6. The same lesson and benefits of teaching a man to fish can be applied to the baking skills they will be able to take back to Mexico.

7. GSR says:

Roughly 25-30 million illegals here. Many children and women who don’t work but the vast majority are in the labor force.

The blunt truth is the Swamp Class decided some 20 years ago not to really enforce immigration laws and a deal was struck primarily with Mexico to take in their peasants, allow them to work and send money back to their homeland. However, real life is more complicated.

What happens when said illegals make babies, who are automatically US citizens? Hmm? Its a mess. Its a big reason why we see so much Spanish language everywhere in our nation these days. It’s a big reason why so man “Americans’ live in poverty (they are really illegals). It’s a big reason why our public schools perform so poorly. So many children don’t speak English or speak it and read it very poorly.

It’s a mess. And no politicians have the backbone to enforce immigration laws, which yes include, deportation. Millions need to go but no one is willing to do it, not even Mr Trump, with the liberal-progressives Ivanka & Jarrod in his ear.

8. Jim says:

No more MickyD sandwiches for me.

9. freq says:

‘Selective Enforcement’ of laws… the hallmark of a totalitarian state,,,

10. Jenny R. says:

Oh this will make Rahm and the Madigans very unhappy.
    Which of course makes me very happy.

11. Jim Smith says:

…didn’t have sufficient documentation…..
    AKA Illegal Aliens.

12. C. Lowell says:

It’s actually a double hit on Americans because immigrants collect welfare while also working at below-market wages.
    And the Democrats are totally cool with it so long as they re-elected in perpetuity…
    White supremacy my @$$ — more like white suckers!

• G. Combs says:

It is a LOT worse than we are being told!

Long story short, if an illegal steals your ID YOU LOSE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY for the years he used it!!! You may retire only to find out you got tax credit for only 20 of the 45 years you worked or what ever. As boomers retire this is going to become a YUGE nightmare. We are talking 40 million people or One in Seven have what the SS agency calls a “no-match” situation. The Government LOVES it because the money goes into a different fund. “…By 2005, the most recent data available, the file accounted for nearly $585 billion in uncredited wage credits, ultimately adding roughly $40 billion to the U.S. Treasury during that six-year span…”

Here is the story in more detail:
      “[…]Recently, Coggeshall decided to reverse his research. Instead of looking for people connected to multiple SSNs, which is most useful for businesses, he looked at SSNs that are connected to multiple people, much more interesting to consumers. In other words, how many people in the U.S. are essentially sharing their identities with someone else?

The answer: 40 million. That means nearly one in 7 SSN holders in the U.S. have two or more names attached to their SSN records.

Please note, this is not an estimate conjured up from a sample. This is ID Analytics looking at its own data, picking out SSNs that have more than one name attached and building its own list. We now know: The secret list of ID theft victims has 40 million people on it….

there’s a more controversial reason that some consumers end up on this list: They are essentially sharing identities with undocumented workers who buy or borrow an SSN in order to fill out necessary paperwork to obtain employment.

The number of illegal immigrants using Americans’ SSNs to obtain work is unknown, but a series of studies provides some hints.

The Pew Hispanic Center estimates that there are about 12 million unauthorized immigrants in the United States. Those who are working are required to give a SSN to their employer. In 2007, the IRS said it believes 6 million undocumented workers paid federal taxes. And every year, according to the Social Security Administration, nearly 10 million workers pay taxes using the wrong SSN, ending up in what the agency calls a “no-match” situation….

….an earlier study by congressional investigators found the majority of filers on the no-match list worked in industries like restaurants and agriculture, where the presence of undocumented workers is high.

Workers who pay taxes using the wrong Social Security number are a boon to government tax revenues. Social Security taxes paid in such situations don’t earn proper “wage credits,” because the agency doesn’t know whom to give credit to. The funds are tracked in what’s called the Earnings Suspense File, which has shown explosive growth this decade. From 1932-1999, the fund accumulated $300 billion. By 2005, the most recent data available, the file accounted for nearly $585 billion in uncredited wage credits, ultimately adding roughly $40 billion to the U.S. Treasury during that six-year span[…]”https://www.nbcnews.com/technology/odds-someone-else-has-your-ssn-one-7-6C10406347

• Billygoat65 says:

I worked with a guy in NYC who went by the name of Eugene for 3 years, then one day he changed his name to Carlos. He had a whole new identity or went back to his real one and the owners/management never even raised an eye brow. The NYC restaurant scene has thousands and thousands of illegals working in it everyday. All ICE would have to do here is board the 7 train, aka the busboy express, every evening around midnight to catch thousands of illegals.

13. Harlan says:

There are only 11 million illegals, (have been for over twenty years) and they’ve already all been detained. Every single one. So, it’s ALL BUENO. (Or is it GUANO?)

All the ICE agents can now go home for Navidad.

14. Pingback: 800 Illegal Workers Busted During Chicago Bakery Immigration Raid At ONE company – IOTW Report

15. whatdabuck says:

who from Zurich owns this bun plant, perhaps Rothschild or his puppet soros through a shell
    company?

16. Troublemaker10 says:

Well, they certainly shouldn’t have any trouble finding Americans to take those 800 new jobs in Chicago…..

———–

Nearly half of young black men in Chicago out of work, out of school: report

And,

Illinois Has The Nation’s Highest Black Unemployment Rate

17. Blah Blah McLerxst says:

Raise wages?

Huh. Who would have thunk?

18. ADDgolfer says:

The relocation map is a tad dated. Perhaps on purpose?
    Relocations of Unaccompanied Immigrant Minors (Updated by NumbersUSA.com on 9/30/14 at 11:28 a.m. EST)

19. moe ham head says:

uh oh looks like disparitive impact

20. Larry says:

So, who is going to jail over this? Surely hiring 800 illegal aliens is still a felony……Right?

21. Watcher says:

Were any of the 800 fired, arrested, deported, and employer fined? What happened.
    If any of them are out of a job, pack a suitcase, a van will be coming tonight, I’m teaching you a new word, meatpacking, Tyson.

22. John Percival says:

They want work…concentration camps in Arizona desert. They just may want to flee back to port of origin.