Keurig Coffee Maker Joins Growing List of Business Idiots on Parade…

Apparently a company that makes fancy coffee urns, Keurig, has made a business decision to enter the corporate graveyard filled with carcasses of the inherently stupid.  Starbucks, Macy’s and the NFL examples not withstanding, you just gotta laugh.

When you focus on the economics of enterprise, and see yet another company choosing to enter the foray of social justice virtue signaling as part of their “brand image”, you have to wonder if business schools are no longer teaching common sense.

I cannot imagine sitting down with a T-Chart, brainstorming promotional ideas, and coming to a decision that isolating a massive part of the electorate from your product is anything but abject stupidity.  Alas:

Dear Keurig Team Members,

You are likely aware that Keurig became the focus of some media attention over the weekend related to a tweet issued from our official Twitter account on Friday. The tweet announced the withdrawal of advertising from “Hannity” in response to comments made on his program last week that were viewed as controversial by many of our consumers. This is to provide you with full transparency on the situation, our lessons learned and our path forward.

Like most consumer-oriented companies, Keurig’s media purchases are driven by delivery of ratings for our target consumer audience. We also have a defined set of programming guidelines to ensure we deliver our advertising in the right programming environment and protect our brand from objectionable content.

The fact is, our consumer demographics match well with live news programming, which is why we advertise on nearly all cable news channels, ranging from MSNBC to Fox to CNN, all of which will continue. However, given the dynamic nature of news, we always need to evaluate that programming environment on a real-time basis.

The catalyst for the current situation was commentary made by Sean Hannity on his TV and radio programs last week, which sparked a significant number of consumer complaints directed to us as advertisers on his TV program. Hannity himself later apologized for his comments in his own tweet: “As I said on TV tonight, I apologize when I misspoke and was not totally clear earlier today.”

In most situations such as this one, we would “pause” our advertising on that particular program and reevaluate our go-forward strategy at a later date. That represents a prudent “business as usual” decision for us, as the protection of our brand is our foremost concern.

However, the decision to publicly communicate our programming decision via our Twitter account was highly unusual. This gave the appearance of “taking sides” in an emotionally charged debate that escalated on Twitter and beyond over the weekend, which was not our intent.

I want you to know the decision to communicate our short-term media actions on Twitter was done outside of company protocols. Clearly, this is an unacceptable situation that requires an overhaul of our issues response and external communications policies and the introduction of safeguards to ensure this never happens again. Our company and brand reputations are too valuable to be put at risk in this manner.

The nature of social media and the internet news environment is that stories like this explode, and generally do not disappear quickly. Given the circumstances, we wanted to reach out and communicate with you directly so you understood our position and the protocols we have in place.

I apologize for any negativity that you have experienced as a result of this situation and assure you that we will learn and improve going forward. As we all know, the external environment is changing rapidly. We need to dial-up our speed and responsiveness to stay ahead of these developments and we will.

Sincerely,
Bob

BOB GAMGORT
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

This entry was posted in Dem Hypocrisy, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

373 Responses to Keurig Coffee Maker Joins Growing List of Business Idiots on Parade…

1. Kaco says:

I have a Tassimo, which is a Gevalia brand of Kraft. I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning. I don’t like Keurig, it makes weak coffee. I chose this several years ago, because I kept reading reviews of the Keurigs breaking down. Knock on wood, my machine and the one I got my father is still going strong. Made by Bosch. I’m sure Kraft is a globalist company, I’m not hauling out my old drip maker at this point. Kraft blew it on marketing their machine, that’s how Tassimo lost Starbucks, too. It’s a shame because it is superior to the Keurig.

• wondering999 says:

Interesting. Next time I’m in the coffee shop that sells these brands I’ll ask for more info…

• Kaco says:

I got it about seven years ago, when they still had Starbucks. I didn’t care so much about the Starbucks but was concerned about buying a Betamax. I’m still concerned. Bed Bath and Beyond is the only brick and mortar that sells the coffee discs now, and I use my coupons. They do not have the selection of Keurig. But I think it makes a much better coffee, it extracts more with a pressurized system, and it can make lattes and cappucinos, too. Kraft has not promoted this machine. There are no refill pods. They had come out with some coffee in the Gevalia brand that was like the Starbucks they lost that are pretty good. I will not do mail order, though. It is more popular in Europe. I have in the past have gotten some European coffees and cremas off of Amazon for the Tassimo.

2. Deb says:

Political correctness destroys everything it touches.

3. TwoLaine says:

All these lovely comments need to be posted at Keurig…..

4. rumpole2 says:

Have I entered the Twilight Zone?

Innocent until proven guilty!!!

AND…

THE ONUS IS ON THE PROSECUTION (ACCUSER) TO PROVE WRONGDOING!!!

BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT!!!

How is Gloria Allred gonna do THAT??

• W-D says:

“Innocent until proven guilty!!!”

I had a nutjob lib tell me that only counts in court. smh

• suejeanne1 says:

Gloria Allred had a chance to “lay low for a while” following the devastating brand damage from her daughter’s actions re Weinstein. You know, “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree” and “the tree shall be known by its fruit” – it would be one thing if Lisa Bloom had quietly pursued a career in tax law or even something even nicer and quieter like patent law (I think she would also have to get an engineering degree) but she has been taking the same kind of cases as her mother . . . so, if she (Lisa Bloom) has been found to enabling an alleged abuser of women (Weinstein), I don’t think it is good for Gloria Allred’s practice, either . . . how can prospective clients put trust in her if she doesn’t seem fazed by what her daughter did?

When I looked at Gloria’s website during the breaking news phase of Harvey Weinstein’s troubles, she had an award up there from some obscure organization that I cannot find too much about:

10.4.16 — Gloria Allred was nominated and accepted as one of 2016 AIOLC’s 10 Best Labor & Employment Attorneys in New York For Client Satisfaction

Then, the next award listed is one that she received in 2016 from the “International Women’s Forum” (not be to be confused with the “Independent Women’s Forum”) – checked out the website – guess who is being honored in 2017?

20th September 2017
       Hillary Clinton Announced as The International Women’s Forum & Leadership Foundation 2017 International Hall of Fame Inductee

Can someone please explain to me why Gloria Allred is so proud to receive an award from an organization which also honors a known enabler of a person alleged to be a woman-abuser/rapist?

• Betty says:

The only reason they called Gloria Allred in is because most people hate her and everything she stands for so there is always a lot of chatter when she shows up. The chatter is what they want, the more chatter the more chance there is one of Judge Moors supporters will get conflicted and not vote.

What percent of Judge Moore’s supporters do they need to suppress? I don’t know but you can bet McConnell does.

Gloria Allred does not care, she is amoral, she knows her notoriety is the only reason she is called in and I’ll bet the amount she makes them pay is staggering.

• Betty says:

One thing we know for sure is that McConnell is not giving up, there is more to come.

That’s the reason I pray that the good people of Alabama will form a steely eyed determination to elect Judge Moore.

• distracted2 says:

I posited this here a few days ago. This has become the slippiest slope.

Even though some Hollywood types have admitted guilt, the speed at which most have been tried in the court of public opinion is mind boggling. I knew early on that someone who might be innocent would be caught up in it.

There is due process for a reason.

5. sunnydaze says:

Hannity telling people to stop smashing their Keurigs, and keep buying them.

He says that non-apology is an apology.

Meanwhile, the guy who managed their social media account has not been fired, so what he did must not have been *that* bad, right?……

And no mention of re-training the social media account guys to make sure nothing like this happens again in the future.

What a bunch of BS.

• Someone in the front office got to Hannity.

• Kaco says:

Wow, that’s too bad. Now what’s going to happen to Hannity when he is telling the people defending him to stop and support Keurig??

• It is Bob the CEO who’s head` needs to roll. Only a complete idiot would alienate 50% of their U.S TAM (total available market…..) –that’s corporate suicide.

• TheLastDemocrat says:

“Hannity telling people to stop smashing their Keurigs, and keep buying them.”

Oh, well. No love lost.

Fickle, yes. My dollars, my fickle.

• MRM says:

Hannity blocked me on twitter years ago for calling out Juan Williams and his leftist idiocy. Not shocked that he is throwing his supporters under the bus.

• CC says:

These talking heads are entertainers that use their ‘stand’ to get ratings…while I like Hannity, they are all there for the TV show and for ratings….they throw Juan in the mix for some energy…and fairness….

Another thought on Keurig….their pricey K-cups, are much like the glucometer machines and strips for the blood sugar testing devices….companies give the glucose testing machine for free with a free bottle of strips to get you started, but know you have to buy the pricey strips….a pricey necessity….of course there are incentives from Uncle Sam, that encourages those companies?

I snapped my wallet shut, years ago…would have liked a keurig but not now.

• distracted2 says:

I like Hannity. He’s a strong supporter of President Trump, even when the going gets rough. But his main priority is Hannity First – always has been and always will be.

• jello333 says:

Yeah, I really appreciated that he let George come on the show and tell (up to a point) his side of the story. He was the only major news person willing to do that. But at the same time, I wish it had been someone different because, like you say, Sean can be all about Sean at times.

6. ck says:

Kirkland Columbian Supremo whole bean coffee is my favorite. $15.49 for a three pound bag at Costco.

7. blognificentbee says:

Bob, I have 3 words for you: Black Rifle Coffee.

8. Archie says:

That sounds like a reasonable explanation to me. Besides, I wouldn’t think CTH readers would watch Hannity since he is one of the major purveyors of the Battered Conservative Syndrome.

9. Falcon says:

We have refused to buy many products/foods for several years. We’ve boycotted halal products since 2013. A portion of all sales supports Islamic terrorism.

Boycott Halal
    https:/m.facebook.com/BHuUSA

10. Donna in Oregon says:

Andrew Breitbart and Donald Trump both showed us how to fight the Globalist Swamp Creatures..

Give ’em hell.

Including the Congress/Senate.

Give ’em hell.

Never let them feel comfortable screwing over We The People.

Never again

Fight to win!.

11. onsu says:

I was never a fan of Hannity but I lost all interest in watching him when he teamed up with Bannon. Oh, and no surprise Coulter jumped on board with them. It will be interesting to see how long it takes Hannity to wake up and back away from Bannon, if he does at all.

• Flova says:

Well tonite’s show has done it for me.
      This CEO is a ‘victim?’
      You’ve got go be kidding.
      Either Hannity has just folded like a cheap rug to pander to Keurig or he’s really clueless.

Well now there are 2 boycotts Keurig and Hannity.

Anyway now I won’t have to see that disgusting perv Geraldo.

• mot2grls says:

Well I took too long to change the channel. Judge Janine just prosecuted Judge Moore. Said this new accuser was totally credible, pointed to a yearbook he supposedly signed. Sigh!

• W-D says:

I sure am tired of standing up for someone just to have then crap on my head for doing so.

If this is true about Hannity, I’m done standing up for anyone except PDJT, as long as he doesn’t crap on my head.

• cyn3wulf says:

Honestly, I can’t fault Hannity too much for giving an advertiser a hand up. He gets to be magnanimous while leaving Keurig (and others) the fresh scent of a lesson learned. Meanwhile, he is shining the spotlight on Media Matters as the initial instigators. Can’t fault him there either.

At the end of the day, though, the boycot isn’t his to turn on or off; it’s ours. We, conservatives, started it, and we’ll decide when we end it. As for me, I’m taking this opportunity to migrate from convenience over to quality. I might miss the time saved, but I won’t be missing the mediocre coffee…

• mztore says:

How right you are about Geraldo. Just like Juan is the reason to quit watching the 5. . . along with dana….her voice is very irritating to me….don’t listen to her at all either.

12. leont says:

K55 just went into garage.

13. Minnie says:

Best fresh, steaming hot, home-brewed coffee ever, two words – French Press!

No silly pods, no waste.

Anytime, anywhere, any brand/style of java 👍

☕️

14. highdezertgator says:

Kill the K-cup….Excerpt 9.8 billion pods in 2014….price ob beans in the pod ~ $50 a pound
    “our Keurig coffee pods have a dirty little secret. Actually, make that a big secret.
    In 2013, Keurig Green Mountain produced 8.3 billion K-Cups that were brewed on millions of machines around the world — enough to circle to globe 10.5 times. Last year, production rose to nearly 9.8 billion, and most of those pods are not recyclable.
    A new video made by Canadian production company Egg Studios takes a look at the environmental impact our coffee addiction has created. Titled “Kill The K-Cup,” the short showcases a dystopian future where a single-use coffee pod monster destroys everything in its path.
    Single-brew machines may be a convenient alternative to the traditional coffee pot or French press, but the actual price of the beans inside the pods can reach upwards of $50 a pound, according to The New York Times. Despite the cost and lack of sustainability, Keurig says on its website that it plans for all of its K-Cups to be completely recyclable by 2020.

• AmericaFirst says:

We have a single cup coffeemaker – not a Keurig, although it can use the K cups – and we have found coffee pods which are compostable. It makes excellent coffee. We also have drip coffeemakers, stove-top percolators, french presses, and a few other types of coffeemakers that I am not even sure what they are. We have three electric coffee grinders and an antique hand-crank one. We love coffee.

Anyway, my point was about the compost-ability of some types of pods, they look a little different than the plastic cups.

• realcapedcrusader says:

I use compostable pods.

• BobbyCannoli says:

I use a plastic re-usable pod. Just rinse it out, and it’s ready for the next cup.

Buying 1-2 lb. bags of coffee beans, the cost per cup is about 1/3 of the cost of buying K-cups. And since we bought the Keurig used, they never got a penny from me 🙂

• TheLastDemocrat says:

Shut up.

I am not killing the planet by having a cup of coffee.

Have a nice time at Mass on Sunday. I ain’t buyin’

15. Troublemaker10 says:

I bet Keurig begged Hannity to save them. 😀

16. Redwishes says:

Stupid crap, like this, is why we buy from and support Black Rifle Coffee http://Www.blackriflecoffee.com. Getcha some!

17. tonyE says:

What is the email for that Bozo CEO at Keurig?

I want to let him know that he better love Media Matters because that Keurig at work is gonna find itself in the trash tomorrow AM -we got rid of CNN in the Spring.

I’m also gonna call Costco and asked them not to carry the brand… EVER. Oh, I fully expect that my accountant is gonna trash his.

That Bozo CEO is gonna have lots of time to read Brock.

18. Betty says:

I tried cold brew coffee, made it yesterday, filtered and tasted it today – nope So I looked again for ideas.

The Keurig spoiled me, I drink like coffee all day long, caffeine does not affect me. I am a fast metabolizer of caffeine, so I am not looking for a buzz, just good tasting coffee. And one of the reviewers of this coffee maker said it tasted like her french press coffee. It is inexpensive so I ordered it and I’ll see. At any rate it should be as good as Keurig and cheaper to use since you don’t use K-cups in it.

19. Fred says:

I do not drink Keurig coffee, because it is overpriced, and I can make a cup of coffee with any drip coffee maker, should I desire one for a lot less. They need to get off the liberal PC tracks, before it destroys them.

20. This is what happens when you hire some millennial with a womyns studies degree to do your company’s “social media”. Because obviously sound business practices don’t apply on Twitter.

21. JoD says:

Timing is everything….
    Last month, we donated our K-cup devourer to a thrift shop that raises money for a no-kill shelter.
    Claire Voyent.

22. itswoot says:

I can picture CEO Bob Gamgort closing the door to his office and doing something like this as penance for his big flub.

23. Pam says:

• Minnie says:

Sorry for you, Hebrew National, I answer to a Higher Authority

🙏

• TatonkaWoman says:

Well, drats! There are times when it would be good to use Twitter. Hebrew National is our favorite hot dog brand ,- the only one we have bought for years. But I would like to tell them “nevermore.”. There are other hot dog brands…or even a hot dog free life. Can’t believe they, too, jumped the shark, but so be it.

And I don’t do these things lightly. Have not set foot in Target (don’t even cross their parking lot), no Macy’s, no Lay’s or Kelloggs in our house, etc.

24. itswoot says:

“If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

🙂

25. jbrickley says:

Keurig is a rip off as much as Gillette razor blades. The cost of their K-Cups are ridiculous. If you are not a true coffee drinker, meaning one or two cups a day and you like variety. Then maybe it makes sense. But it’s still way over priced. I can buy beans, grind them, and use a french press coffee pitcher and get a better cup of coffee for a lot less in about the same time. Yeah cleanup is tougher but so what? It also more eco-friendly as less in the landfill. No plastic nor paper either.

Buying a Starbucks latte or two everyday is also insanely expensive over time.

• sunnydaze says:

Italian espresso maker (stove top) = easy clean-up.

• Sayit2016 says:

Why are blades so dang expensive ? We were just talking about this last night. I just bought the Microtouch 3— ) Brett Favre advertises) 19.99 and 12 blades coupon 3.00 off. They use German steel and this is as good if not better than Gillette– I am sick of paying 20.00 for 4 blades !

• nimrodman says:

I use the BIC disposables, single blade, yellow handle and white tip, a dozen in a yellow cellophane bag for just a couple bucks. I get as fine a shave with them as any double-blade system and it’s a real, real inexpensive way to go.

Go slow and easy on the first shave, they’re sharp as hell right out of the bag.
        YMMV

• jbrickley says:

Off topic and not wanting to advertise, so please excuse. But I went with harrys.com and I am very happy with the quality of the shave. It’s a bit under $2/blade and they last more than a week and the subscription delivers 8 blades every two months. DollarShave.com is another one a bit cheaper. Gillette now offers a few different shave club purchasing options that can save you money. But I am done with Gillette, I ran the math, they owe me many thousands of dollars. Rip-Off for decades.

26. jeans2nd says:

Who needs coffee? If not covfefe, then

Dump Keurig, regardless.

27. georgiafl says:

Tasted Kuerig coffee and didn’t like the artificial plastic flavor.

Coffee makers don’t hold up longterm, and after the first cup, the coffee often tastes burnt.

I use a filter funnel on top of a thermal carafe. It’s easy and quick. Heat the water in a stove top or electric kettle or in the microwave, put a filter in the funnel, put coffee in the filter, pour water over slowly and it’s done.

If the coffee cools, I warm it in the microwave. No more burn taste – no more throw away coffee makers.

Mine are similar to these:

• realcapedcrusader says:

My Keurig is 9 years old, make 2 to 3 cups a day. I use compostable pods that I buy on sale. Nothing wrong with the machine, just the company. I will look at different brands of coffee pod brewers. I like a variety of flavors. I’m not calling anyone stupid for what they like, and I wish posters would stop it, we are better than that.

• georgiafl says:

No one has called anyone stupid. Some have said the k-cups are expensive and non-recyclable.

I just said what I liked and why.

Everyone has the right to make their own choices and decide whether it is worth it to pay for what they like.

• realcapedcrusader says:

Maybe no one used the word stupid, but it sure was inferred.
          A little research shows many Cups are now compostable. Mine come in a resealable foil bag to keep them fresh. As I said, mine is 9 years old, and still like new, I think that’s pretty good for any modern day appliances. I don’t have any plastic taste because don’t use plastic Cups.
          Coffee, always a touchy subject.

• sunnydaze says:

Get a one-cup Italian Espresso maker (stove top) and cans of different flavored coffee. Easy (VERY easy) to make single cups and clean out the basket in between.

Easier than Kuerig, IMO.

• jbrickley says:

Not calling anyone stupid. Just trying to open some eyeballs…

Do that math. A Green Mountain 100 Percent Kona coffee K-Cup has .35 ounces of coffee and costs $2.25 which equals $102 per pound of coffee! (disclaimer you can pay less but its still very expensive) Only 5% of the K-Cups on the market are biodegradable. K-Cups are the most popular coffee style in the USA and it’s making mountains of trash. I think they have to pay Keurig licensing fees to use the K-Cup to sell coffee due to the patent. I guess we are lucky they don’t put an NFC chip in each K-Cup to ensure it’s a legit K-Cup and avoid knockoffs. Hello, Hewlett Packard ink cartridges!

There are a wide variety of options. You can buy a metallic screen re-usable K-Cup and fill it yourself and save both your wallet and the environment, rinse it out in the sink. Or you can get an electric kettle insulated carafe (stays hot for hours, saves on electricity) and use a small french press or a simple drip/pour screen cone for those one or two cups. Grind your own coffee beans and realize it’s a lot better and doesn’t take a long time nor a lot of effort. Spend some of the savings on better coffee, keep more money in your pocket.

It doesn’t have to be like this:

• realcapedcrusader says:

I have no problem gettting compostable Cups at my Safeway, money is not an issue so I will stick with a machine that makes coffee from Cups. I have been drinking coffee for over 50 years, using my Keurig for 10 I like the coffee it makes and I’m not about to change. Preach to someone else I’m not adding any KCups to the environment.

• John Good says:

20 yrs. ago, I bought a Melitta Pour-Over 1 Cup coffee maker with a fine SS mesh on the bottom & have been using it since to this day! A couple times a month, I spray it inside & outside with Easy-Off Oven Cleaner & it is as good as new. I think it was about $9 new & makes the best coffee (as long as you get good coffee grounds). As long as I don’t damage it, it should last another 20 yrs.!

I see now that Melitta is using 1 cup filters instead of the SS mesh. This is very similar to what I bought, except it now uses a paper filter.

28. delmarvajim says:

This is a really “smart” move on Keurig’s part. With just 5 1/2 weeks before Christmas and Black Friday and Cyber Monday right around the corner, these jackasses pull this rabbit out of their hat? I’m not a marketing genius but even I can figure this one out. When the hole gets too deep, just keep on digging

29. alliwantissometruth says:

Memo to Bob Gamgort:

Dear Bob, your rushed memo to minimize the immense damage to your brand can be answered with three simple words…

“Go F*** Yourself”

You, like many others of your ilk, come from the new generation of “leaders” in the realm of business, entertainment & politics. Having allowed yourselves to be thoroughly intimidated & brainwashed by your anti-American hippie professors in college, you now wilt & tremble in fear at being seen as not being politically correct

Your timid & weak willed response to the time honored American tenet of innocent until proven guilty, a response you knew would alienate at least half of your customer base, makes us hesitant to trust your company

If you’re that unprincipled, what does that say about your products? Have you cut corners in quality in order to save money?

And if you’re that stupid, how can we trust your company to put out a quality product?

Whichever the case, it’s clear there’s something wrong at your company, and that something comes from the top

It’s too bad you place an absurd, phony “social justice” narrative above common sense, the rule of law & integrity, as the citizens who work for you are the ones who will be hurt the most. They had nothing to do with this, yet they’ll suffer the most due to your idiocy

Maybe one day you & your ilk will learn what this phony narrative is all about, the Marxist anti-American agenda

Then again, no, you’ll never learn. You’ve sold the rights to critical thinking talent to those who use you as useful idiots

30. jbrickley says:

This is exactly why my employer uses a social media workflow that includes Legal & Compliance sign-off before anyone posts.

31. Gov Jay says:

America needs a serious restoration of its trademark freedom and liberty… without leftist filth trying to tell us what to think… how to act… and what we can… and cannot… say…

32. Notwende says:

Someone at Keurig might have to look out for another job 🤔

33. Rudy Bowen says:

What exactly was said to start all this brouhaha? I don’t drink coffee or watch Hannity, but if someone could succinctly say what it’s about, please?

• georgiafl says:

Hannity interviewed Judge Roy Moore Alabama Senator Candidate who is being accused of improprieties that happened 38 years ago) just before the election – the usual Axelrod/Allred Democrat tactic. They tried it on Trump too.

The PC Industrial Complex is offended with Hannity and his sponsors, including Kuerig, have withdrawn their ads.

Kuerig’s customers are now boycotting in return.

34. W-D says:

Hebrew National and Reddi-Whip have also pulled their ads from Hannity. I don’t use either one of them, the same with Keurig. I’ll have to start so I can boycott them and have it mean something!

• jello333 says:

I’m sure this is gonna be politically incorrect, but I’m gonna say it anyway:

Whenever these kinds of “sexual abuse” cases surface LONG after the alleged “abuse”, I have a lot of trouble taking the accusers seriously. I’m talking about the ones that supposedly happened not just months or years, but DECADES earlier. In all that time, not one peep, but then suddenly when a person becomes famous, or runs for high office, or whatever, “victims” come out of the woodwork. Sometimes with tearful press conferences and high-power attorneys. Is it okay for me to be more than a little skeptical about many of these?

Now on the other hand, if there’s some evidence that the alleged victim has kept things “bottled up” for all this time, that they’ve really suffered over the years, and they’ve somehow been spurred into finally taking action… if you can show me that, I’ll take that person seriously, and sympathize. But that’s NOT how most of these seem.

• TreeClimber says:

Overall I agree with you, but this is relevant how?

• kathyca says:

1000% I am personally a victim of child sexual abuse that I’ve never “gone public” with and almost certainly never will. If I did, you can be damn sure I wouldn’t be EXPECTING anyone to believe me. Why would they? With the exception of people who know me very very well, why SHOULD they? As far as strangers are concerned, I could just as easily be a total nutjob with or without an axe to grind or some other agenda. To bad for my poor “feelers.” Sometimes life isn’t fair. And in THIS scenario, where we’re talking about not little kids, but young women — coming out against an unpopular (among Dems and RINOS) political figure on the cusp of an election using the same old MO, even to the point of Gloria Allred’s involvement. Oh hell effing no. I don’t believe one word of it and don’t care one bit what anyone thinks of that.

• dogsmaw says:

Has anyone checked the dates and verified what the accuser is sayin? For some reason the timing is just off on the Moore thingy to me, of course I’m just speculating right now.

I recall an incident that happened in our family that got outta control and hurting everyone around me. One (that will not be named) made the accusation that every male that came in contact with her sexually assaulted w/o consent. Questioning my own thoughts and talking to each male family member, I began to be more watchful. I noticed a disturbing pattern and saw it was more wishful thinkin on the One (that will not be named) than the accused male and called her out on it. Needless to say, those teen girls are sure delusional sometimes. Just sayin…

• kathyca says:

Personally, I don’t care enough to check. If I were in Alabama, I’d be one of the poll responders who said they’d be MORE likely to vote for Moore because of the hit job,

• kathyca says:

Oh dear..thank goodness I don’t consume fake whipped cream, plasticizer or offal :::hurl:::

lol…when you think about it, it’s amazing that we actually consume this stuff, much less have a hard time giving it up!

• sunnydaze says:

HN are the only hotdogs I (used to) eat.

Nature Made Vitamins joined the bandwagon, too, I guess.

• jello333 says:

The only whipped topping I use is Shimmer (just in case I ever spill any on the floor).

35. TreeClimber says:

Hey, I’m not totally against Keurig on this one. Sounds like they responded to boycott/complaints for advertising on Hannity. Maybe a bad business decision, but they did as they heard – I wish the NFL sponsors would do the same! I won’t be using Keurig, due to this, (but I’m not really wild about Hannity anyway,) but they’re probably doing what they think best [for their business.] And really – who besides hipsters and clueless prestige-obsessed old women have them, anyway? Not too many people.

• distracted2 says:

I think you would be surprised at just how many people have them now, including businesses. You would not be able to find k-cups at every grocery and big box store if the brand wasn’t hugely popular – and has been for years.

36. Davey says:

All the Keurig boss did was let the share holders know why their profits were about to head for the basement.

37. czarowniczy says:

Maybe Keurig can now use its newly found corporate spin voice to explain WHY someone needs that huge monstrosity in the kitchen. We have one that was a gift – it lives in the pantry. Aside from taking up an egregious amount of otherwise productive space on my counter it doesn’t make any better coffee than my $30 electric prol-pot. Come on Keurig, don’t rock the boat or another generation will discover Mr Coffee still rules!

38. Bacall says:

Sundance,
    I got the biggest laughs of the day from your summary and accompanying video and stair instructions. Thanks bunches.

39. azcatsclaw says:

Just blame an intern like all you folks do when caught being stupid.

• dogsmaw says:

KJV
      Jhn 8:1 ¶ Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
      Jhn 8:2 ¶ And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
      Jhn 8:3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
      Jhn 8:4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
      Jhn 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
      Jhn 8:6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, [as though he heard them not].
      Jhn 8:7 ¶ So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
      Jhn 8:8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
      Jhn 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

40. Timmy-the-Ute says:

Hearing how Hannity is behaving today I am glad I don’t watch FoxNews. Been without cable for almost 2 year and never regretted cutting the cable.

41. Frank says:

Considering the wide range of single-cup coffeemakers out today, I’m surprised there’s any market share left for overpriced Keurig.

42. Summer says:

Keurig… Bleh… I don’t even understand why people call that disgusting slop coffee.
    I realize that there is no accounting for taste but… still… yuck!

43. DebbieUK says:

What is Hannity meant to have said that upset the advertisers.Was he speaking truth about the Swamp ?
    Fox has been pulled offf Sky platform because of its ” right wing ” content Hannity and Tucker shows being mentioned by Offcom, UKs telecom watchdog. so I hardly watch it now.
    Censorship in the UK is alive and well.

44. Lots of holes in the 5th accusers story.
    Moore signed her yearbook in Dec of 1977
    Most year books are released in May… and this book looks like it was released in may 1978
    2nd – Olde Hickory House – Correct spelling of the business is Old Hickory house.
    Moore signed it that he was a DA…and that point in time he was DAA
    Too many holes

45. Sam says:

I will stick with my Mr Coffee maker. Just dropped Hebrew National hot dogs too. I’ll use Ball Park or another brand for pigs-in-a-blanket.

46. distracted2 says:

I think it’s hilarious Keurig made this brilliant decision right before Christmas. Stupid is as stupid does.

47. Sayit2016 says:

I am feeling rather insecure with all of this Keurig and coffee talk…..I drink coffee in the morning and use Classico instant coffee. Does this make me a bad person ? ; )

48. Mist'ears Mom says:

I saw this debacle on Hannity and had to laugh as he was mea culpa-ing all over himself and telling all of us to forgive the dumbass CEO at Keurig … and then he proceeds to show the videos of people smashing theirs-which was quite funny & amusing to Hannity, me & his audience I assume. All the while telling us not to do it? WTH?
    Subliminal message IMO-Hannity really wants us to keep on destroying Keurig’s and boycott them but can’t actually tell us too-bc he doesn’t support boycotts???
    Yea-I don’t have one-I’m to cheap to spend that much on coffee -for the maker or the coffee-when I can make my own the way I like it for next to nothing.
    Plus-I’m not buying the Roy Moore sexual assault thing-sorry nice try. We are to believe he’s a sexual predator when he was 32 assaulting teenagers and suddenly stops for 40 years…ah no way.

49. POP says:

“Political correctness” is itself a euphemism, “ideological correctness ” is much more accurate.

And “progressive” really just means old fashioned marxist.

The left love that we comply with their language rules, Alinsky won years ago.

50. Curry Worsham says:

Keurig is actually fúlly owned by JAB Holding Company (acquired for 14 billion in 2014)

Headquarters Luxembourg