President Trump and First Lady Melania Attend State Dinner in Beijing China…

President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump attend the official state dinner in Beijing China as guests of President Xi Jinping and Madame Peng Liyaun. Video, Pictures and Transcript of President Trump speech below:

Pictures below:

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Thank you so much. That was so nice. And this has been an extraordinary few days. President Xi, your generous words. I must say, Melania — we both want to express our gratitude to you and Madam Peng for the extraordinary hospitality that you’ve shown us from the moment we arrived in your magnificent country, China.

Yesterday, we visited the Forbidden City, which stands as a proud symbol of China’s rich culture and majestic spirit. Your nation is a testament to thousands of years of vibrant, living history.

And today, it was a tremendous honor to be greeted by the Chinese delegation right here at the Great Hall of the People. This moment in history presents both our nations with an incredible opportunity to advance peace and prosperity alongside other nations all around the world. In the words of a Chinese proverb, “We must carry forward the cause and forge ahead into the future.” I am confident that we can realize this wonderful vision, a vision that will be so good and, in fact, so great for both China and the United States.

Though we come from different places and faraway lands, there is much that binds the East and West. Both of our countries were built by people of great courage, strong culture, and a desire to trek across the unknown into great danger. But they overcame.

The people of the United States have a very deep respect for the heritage of your country and the noble traditions of its people. Your ancient values bring past and future together into the present. So beautiful.

It is my hope that the proud spirits of the American and Chinese people will inspire our efforts to achieve a more just, secure, and peaceful world, a future worthy of the sacrifices of our ancestors, and the dreams of our children.

In a moment, we will view a video of my granddaughter, Arabella, reciting traditional Chinese songs and poetry about your country’s serene beauty and treasured customs. Our children so often remind us of our shared humanity and true dignity.

President Xi, on behalf of the American people, I offer this to toast to you, to the people of your country, and to a friendship that will only grow stronger and stronger over many years to come.

Thank you. This has been a great honor to be with you both. We very much appreciate it. (Applause.)

(A toast is offered.)

This entry was posted in ASEAN, China, Donald Trump, FLOTUS, Melania Trump, POTUS November '17 Asia Trip, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

121 Responses to President Trump and First Lady Melania Attend State Dinner in Beijing China…

1. MfM says:

I love her dress!

2. dbethd says:

I am so proud of our POTUS and FLOTUS.

3. MaineCoon says:

PM Xi: Guess who’s coming to dinner?

Madame Ping: Who Panda?

XI: MAGA!

Madame Ping: Bring out the GOLD!

4. bluegirl says:

Our First Lady is stunning as always!!!!!

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

Why is the dailymail constantly trying to gin up some kind of rivalry between our FLOTUS and Hope Hicks?

• georgiafl says:

“style war” is the term they used.

Also trying to make something of Kushner having his hand on Hope Hicks shoulder.

Heck, Stephen Miller has his arm around Hope and hers is around Miller.

I wish the media had some class – and – integrity – or at least some consequences for their dishonesty.

• Ditch Mitch says:

Steve and Hope could be playing the press if they are anything like PDJT and Melania. Get some stupid rumor started and have a good laugh.

Dailymail may be playing up the “style war” with Hope giving Melania a run for her money. I don’t see it. I see grace and charm in Melania compared with a polite but distracted Hope. Not that the distraction is a bad thing.

BTW, who is the woman sitting to Hope’s right. She doesn’t fit in that picture?

• corimari2013 says:

It’s is childish and repugnant.
        The Left glorifies conflict, and if there is none present, they gleefully fabricate some.

• I did not like the article which compares Hope to Flotus!

• no-nonsense-nancy says:

Is the daily mail insinuating some kind of competition between Melania and Hope? Hope is very beautiful, smart, and a great asset to the administration.

• Tegan says:

Trying to stir the pot…ugly journalism. But then, what do we expect….this. Reinforced how shallow and ignorant these people are.

• MfM says:

They are both beautiful and I don’t see any problem between them. It’s a tempest in the MSM teapot, not in the White House!

The one thing I think I mentioned in a previous comment section is that unless the photo is reversed (or I’m not seeing well) she’s wearing a men’s shirt because of the way the buttons are. Or that maybe the styling for all tuxedo shirts even women’s. I think Hope looked stunning in the suit as did Melania that night. Melania has worn suits a number of times, but at a State occasion it wouldn’t have been correct.

• waltherppk says:

The overly fashion and appearance conscious tabloid “journalism” writer is obviously trying to stir up “something” by use of provocateur innuendo. However that “something” attempted to be stirred up, isn’t any pot. Having any class is a quality shown missing from the authors skill set.

• H.R. says:

waltherppk: “Having any class is a quality shown missing from the authors skill set.”

You nailed it. Does the writer want to wallow in the mudhole of their own making or report on two beautiful, elegant, successful women?

A la’ Faux News: waltherppk points it out; you decide.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

…but she is not the FLOTUS. I don’t even think she purposefully tried to distract from the First Lady the other night but in their usual jump to do anything to degrade our President and First Lady, the very fake news hysterical drive by media took her outfit and started the stupid comparisons. There was none.

• FL_GUY says:

Very silly. Hope is a cute kid but not a super model. To me, it’s like trying to compare Twiggy to Raquel Welch. First Lady Melania not only has classic physical beauty, ala Sophia Loren in the day, but poise, charm and intelligence. It’s time the media start being honest about First Lady Melania (The fools could be making a fortune honestly covering First Lady Melania). People see First Lady Melania and they see the most graceful and beautiful First Lady in at least the last 100 years. Trying to downplay First Lady Melania only makes them look more stupid than people already know they are and that’s SUPER stupid! JMHO

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

I take your honest opinion and raise you 10.

• listingstarboard says:

What do you expect from The Daily Mail? They are endlessly showing pictures of Melanie Griffith and Goldie Hawn while describing them as “youthful. timeless. extraordinarily fit, shapely pins” Blah blah blah, not to mention the non stop coverage of the Kardashian derrieres. Daily Mail wouldn’t recognise elegant classic beauty if it bit them in the Kardashian.

• piper567 says:

really? I had no idea…never have seen an actual Publication…only pointers here to view Melania’s wardrobe.
              They sure do have the good photographers.
              I really appreciate the links to these photos…they are great.
              Thanks, all.

5. Pam says:

Melania looks stunning beautiful!

6. fedback says:

First Lady absolutely stuns, Wow

7. coxyvetttecomcast says:

Unfortunately, no one seems to care, except for us on this site! Until, the Repubs Congress start passing some major legislations, the President great works (foreign trips, etc) will not get much Media’s coverage. We as supporters must publicly start mobilizing to make ourselves heard (yes, like the Dems)! But, hope is nothing but hope!

• singingsoul says:

The media is punishing POTUS by not showing his successful foreign trips. Should he stumble or misspeak it would be all over the media. They are evil vindictive people.
      I am sure these people do not understand by undermining President they are undermining the American people and America’s Republic. They have no love for this country because if they had they would be proud of its leader.
      I have decided to give them as little attention as possible and let them sit in their dirt and shame. No whining here because they will never win with me or the American people we are on to them.

• ahem says:

Tangent:”… We as supporters must publicly start mobilizing to make ourselves heard…”

Yes, everyone, write that miserable S.O.B. Mitch McYertle, and tell him to lay off Judge Roy Moore. The Left is targeting Moore for destruction with this latest harassment canard. They’re really feeling their oats. McYertle is saying he ought to resign, as he would really like to get rid of him, himself. Write McConnell, and give him hell.

8. Alison says:

The two First Ladies are so elegant!

I see a lot of pink, not only in Melania’s choice of two dresses, but in the chandeliers and on screen. Is there a significance to that color in China?

Thank goodness we have Sundance to allow us to experience these historic trips along with our chosen President.

9. Miss America says:

Melania is gorgeous! I understand that the dress is Gucci. And those heels she has on! How does she walk in them?

It is so wonderful to feel proud of our President and First Lady for a change, isn’t it? What a wonderful tour this has been. All of the claims that PDJT is harming our standing in the world…totally false.

10. PatriotGalNC says:

First Lady Melania is beautiful…almost no words can I say! I also think Xi’s wife is very, very pretty too and her wardrobe is lovely. Wonderful to see…all of it!

• piper567 says:

yes indeed…lovely ladies…makes me a bit nostalgic. One of the comments on Menagerie’s post today made this very point in response to a picture Menagerie has included in her post.
      Hadn’t specifically thought ab it for a while, but I do remember how we dressed special for church, and other “occasions”, and the ladies always looked so nice.(Men, too…I loved the pleated trousers!)

11. TwoLaine says:

#StilettoNightatStateDinner
    #OnlyLadiesWearStilettos

12. MIKE says:

PDJT; ” In a moment, we will view a video of my granddaughter, Arabella, reciting traditional Chinese songs and poetry, about your country’s serene beauty and treasured customs.”

Fish ON!

13. Chris Hiscock says:

Mellina Trump WoW And what a beautiful dress.

14. Bob Thoms says:

cool, video………..

15. CountryclassVulgarian says:

Oh my!!!! Our FLOTUS is absolutely, totally, stunningly, fabulously GORGEOUS!!!!

16. Blue Ridge Mts Va says:

Very classic Chinese outfit, and Melania looks stunning.
    I *think* that there is a pattern (I have one) for that dress Melania is wearing. I am expecting Simplicity or Vogue to come out with something similar.

17. sundance says:

18. sundance says:

19. NJF says:

Stunning all around.

I’m forced to have AOL as a home page at work & “they” were slamming POTUS bc he “didn’t take any questions” at the press conference.

“Trump caves to Chinese” blared the headline.

THe consensus from the article “unprecedented, weak” behavior.

SMH they will find anything to criticize.

20. Abster says:

The pink cuffs and shoes are very chic.

21. All American Snowflake says:

For the first time in my life I love my President and the First Lady…. and am proud of them, too.

• For the past near century the world has judged America ( The United States) by the images they have viewed through our Hollywood movies. From cowboys, war heroes, and glamorous stars ; good or bad, the world has judged us by those impressions. I think the adoration the world and it’s leaders have for our president and first lady is that finally and for a surprising change, in part, they look like Stars. Real Stars !

22. no-nonsense-nancy says:

I love seeing the pics of Sara. Her husband and kids must really miss her. This is a long time for her to be away.

23. CountryclassVulgarian says:

Is it me or is President Trump’s hair looking less unruly?

• piper567 says:

Country…no, I don’t think its just you.
      I noticed in the middle of the Chinese pictures it looked as if he got a pretty good haircut.
      I think his hair grows fast…kinda noticed it on The Campaign trail.
      I talked with my Mom once ab Trump’s hair, bc its such an element in Pol cartoons.
      She said, He’s Always worn his hair like that! like, what’s the big deal?
      Its true.

24. mdt123 says:

All of this must be happening in some alternate CTH universe – I bet 80% of Americans are not even aware of this trip and the momentous welcomes and discussions there.

25. Sylvia Avery says:

I enjoyed watching them watch Arabella perform. Jared Kushner smiling like a proud father would. Madame Peng singing along. Big grin on President Grandpa’s face. And I see little Arabella has inherited the “Trump mouth.” By that I mean the unusual shape of the mouth that all of the Trump’s have inherited. Just great stuff.

• Oldschool says:

Agree sylvia. Quite impressive from the guy who supposedly has no class and knows nothing about international relations. For a mysogenist, most of his weapons are women, from Arabella, to Sarah, KAC, Hope. Ivanka and our magnificent FLOTUS. Quite a disarming harem.

26. So proud of America’s first family. Brings tears to my eyes.
    Sadly too many of you are right, the media seems to be only posting the negative stuff they can find or do crazy edits of videos.
    America and Americans should be proud of what he is doing.

27. Trump’s granddaughter wins Chinese hearts
    You can see that are watching this in the photos from the State Dinner.

28. I can hear the Leftisis whining right now: “She wore Chinese clothes! Cultural appropriation! Horror!” I also saw nothing but Chinese people in China. Where is the Left demanding diversity for them?

29. Summer says:

Madame Peng is a very good looking lady. Her dress is so elegant. Actually, all the Chinese women in the video are beautiful. I bet beauty was the main requirement for this lavish event.

I like Melania’s dress a lot except for the cuffs. Pink fur reminded me of Toys R Us, sorry… But then again, I don’t know much about fashion.

30. The Jimmy Jack says:

That dress is AMAZING.

Melania always delivers.

31. CorwinAmber says:

my apologies to any other Treeper who has already made this observation, but I can’t help but think of this ditty when I see the ceremonies from China:

32. Miss America says:

Great short article about the honor the Chinese paid to OUR President:

And also contrasts with their treatment of Obama’s…

33. Wow. POTUS, FLOTUS, and Arrabella. What a team. #maga.

34. Mongoose says:

Yes, Melania was stunning in that Asian style inspired dress. Why doesn’t anyone ever mention the designer’s name?

Also, I note that Madam Peng is always carrying a clutch. She is at home. Why would she need to carry anything? Melania doesn’t need to. Maybe she is hiding some kind of scrambling device or recorder, or something nefarious. You know those Chinese! I’m sure we are doing the same thing, one way or another.

35. Sunshine says:

Just a beautiful woman, this Melania. She carries elegance to another level