This is America… it just is.

As the national anthem played at the start of a high school football game in Maine, one of the spectators noticed three roofers off in the distance.  She quickly grabbed her camera to take a picture.

Just three ordinary guys, ordinary blue-collar Americans, doing what ordinary American people do.   STORY HERE  The reality of American patriotism is exactly why the NFL is beginning to see this:

All pictures taken yesterday during the games:

This entry was posted in Heros, media bias, Patriotism, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

265 Responses to Role Model Roofers – Maine Resident Catches Three Roofers Silently Honoring National Anthem…

1. Mongoose says:

Man, those pictures of the NFL games. So sad but predictable. Look at all those empty seats!! Look at them!! That’s gotta hurt the NFL, the Owners, the Players, the NFL Players Assoc., and all the associated vendors and TV advertisers who aren’t even captured in those pictures.

2. georgiafl says:

Those are not your average everyday roofers; they are probably veterans or reservists.

They look like military trained men.

Roofers around N FL and S GA look like immigrants, legal or illegal.

3. I suppose that in the near future, their logic will determine that PDJT must be held liable in court for their losses. I would probably bet on this if it wasn’t so outrageous..

4. Mongoose says:

My hat is off to those roofers. Man, that is character there. What is character you might ask? It is doing the right thing even when no one is looking. Those guys were not just sloughing off to get out of work for a few minutes, no, they stood, the put their hands on their hearts and they faced the flag and the direction of the sound of the anthem. God bless ’em!

5. treehouseron says:

I’ve mentioned it before, but this parallels with NASCAR. NASCAR used to have 100,000 people or more go to races, they’ve lost HALF that audience in the last 15 years. Mainly by making politically correct (making the races more safe) decisions that chased away fans. Races earlier this year they estimated 65 percent of the seats were empty, and that’s in tracks that have already had 10’s of thousands of seats removed. At many race tracks they’ve torn down entire segments of the grandstands.

The NFL is screwed.

6. Perfect illustration of the Trump Presidency – everyday American workers are considered role models, while former elitist “role models” (Hollywood and professional sports) are considered irrelevant. #BlueCollarIsBack 😀

7. Prettyplease says:

Bravo 👏

8. daughnworks247 says:

About 15 years ago, my girlfriends and I started a new tradition for Thanksgiving. Instead of each of us making our own turkeys and all the trimmings, we decided to get together at our house and bring EVERYONE who was supposed to come to their house, in-laws, cousins, anyone is welcome.
    Last year we hit 67 people.
    All the women get to clean up, drink wine, wash dishes together, instead of spending hours in the kitchen alone. Lots of china, crystal, silver, and the kids gather decorations for the whole week before the feast. Sometimes certain families are out of town, but we add people effortlessly.
    AND —-
    The men have taken over the yard, which has been a fabulous and unexpected surprise.
    MAJOR neighborhood football game, wicked competitive horseshoes, we gear up the pool, and every now and then, someone dresses up as a funny cheerleader. Sure, there is a televised game on in the background, but more and more, I’ve noticed people want to be outside, where the fun is.
    It works.
    My Irish grandmother used to say, “May my loved ones number so many, that my dining table is never big enough, and may I always have to hunt for an extra chair.”
    The blessing is always a treat, one prayer from the oldest member and one from the youngest. As the years have passed, certain people become famous for particular dishes and we’ve made our own little cookbook, to share with our kids.
    We don’t need the NFL.
    We have each other.
    God Bless America!

9. carrierh says:

I remember the many Christmas mornings when my parents had open house for friends to come and have bacon and eggs and Christmas cookies (at that time I was usually making something like 12 dozens at least) and visit by chatting and enjoying each other company before going off to Mass. There are many today we should consider inviting over whatever the holiday may be because we used to and no reason not to start it up again. Already am thinking of those I will invite because I know they would feel comfortable about coming and enjoying the Christmas music and company. Don’t like turkey, but usually make my famous Spanish paella and everything else.

• Llamamama3 says:

That sounds like a wonderful tradition! I hope you decide to start doing it again!

• daughnworks247 says:

CarrierH, YES!!! That’s it!
      For two generations, the women in my family leave early on Dec 26th, taking every credit card they own, to buy Christmas gifts/decorations on sale for the following year.
      Since the Christmas decorations are not ‘down’ yet, we often redecorate using the new stuff (guilty pleasure), making the house glisten, but my grandmother was somewhat sad. I asked why.
      Whereas my husband and I would be invited to a few Christmas parties during the season, my Mother-in-law and Grandmother were usually left off invitation lists. They were not happy at all.
      So, we decided to do an afternoon open house party for lil’ ole ladies in town (guess I am one now), usually Dec 27th-29th. We would send invites out to all the clubs mother-in-law and grandmother belonged to, lady’s clubs, whose members were often widowed. Sometimes it’s the only invite they receive during the season.
      Oh my, how they love to dress up. We put Sinatra and Dean Martin Christmas songs on the stereo. We order a couple of cases of champagne and they ‘giggle’, while debating whether or not they could have a second glass. I learned from those women. While the party may have cost a few hundred dollars, the satisfaction of my grandmother, mother-in-law, and the education I received from others…….., was priceless.
      Throw open the doors of your home for the holidays.
      Give of yourself to others.
      It’s the spirit of Christmas.
      It might be the best way to defeat the divisiveness so common today.

10. NJ Transplant says:

I am really proud of the roofers. They are about an hour away from where I live. That is why President Trump won by 10 percentage points in this district. This part of Maine gets it.

11. nrsy4godandcountry says:

I got a lump in my throat and the tears started when I saw that picture…the same way I get every time I hear the national anthem. I grew up in the 40s and 50s when national pride and love of country was a given, no one would ever think of disrespecting the symbols of our great country. Now, it just makes me sad to see all these young people growing up without the same love of country and pride in being an American.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

As a fellow oldster, I have also borne witness to the decline in such spontaneous patriotism. When I was a kid, people would stop in their tracks, look for the flag, and put their hand over their heart. I actually felt a bit guilty as a young man, because I tend to be engrossed in thought as I walk around, so I was always late to the show in terms of paying respect to the flag.

As I grew older, fewer and fewer did this, until those of us still doing it felt odd and out of place. But the last few parades here, I have noticed this trend reversing. I am starting to feel late to the show again, and that is a good thing.