President Trump Meets Shooting Victims at Las Vegas University Medical Center…

Video and press reports from yesterday of President Trump and First-Lady Melania Trump during their visit to Las Vegas University Medical Center visiting with shooting victims and their families:

Touching personal encounters with the president and first lady were shared by several of the victims and their families (below).

One of the shooting victims, Thomas Gunderson, shared his own video on Facebook with the following statement:

I will never lie down when the President of this great country comes to shake my hand! There may be plenty of issues in this country but I will always respect my country, my president and my flag. Shot in the leg or not, I will stand to show my President the respect he deserves!

The local media presented the following recap of President Trump’s visit and how it was received by the community:

“Privately compassionate and publicly a statesman”

This entry was posted in FLOTUS, media bias, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

107 Responses to President Trump Meets Shooting Victims at Las Vegas University Medical Center…

• fleporeblog says:

One symbol says it all! Our President and FLOTUS are just incredible people that love our country and every single one of us. Seeing that #MAGA on the board made me absolutely loose it. I couldn’t stop the tears from flowing.

The NFL is going to DIE this weekend when their players decide to take a knee again! Our President will post the comments of the young man that was shot in his leg that said he would never lie down when the President of this great country comes to shake his hand! There may be plenty of issues in this country but I will always respect my country, my president and my flag. Shot in the leg or not, I will stand to show my President the respect he deserves!

Thank you God from the bottom of my heart for the gift you bestowed at this time on our country!

• doit4atlas says:

Taking Chance

Somehow my wife and I stumbled upon this movie last weekend…should be watched by every citizen in this great country, and every NFL player should watch it 10 times.

• Kevin Bacon and his wife Kiera Sedgwick are both flaming liberals (not to comment on the movie). Funny how liberals always make movies with guns, movies about our service members, movies about police, and movies about Nancy Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Chris Kyle, etc because they have no heroes worth portraying.

• yy4u says:

Sean Penn is the only liberal I actively boycott — the only liberal that if he is in the movie I won’t go no matter how badly I want to see it or how good the reviews. But more and more I find myself disinterested in seeing politicians acting in film — Bacon, Sedgwick, Clooney, Blanchette, Matt Damon, Chris Pine and the Star Trek Crew (once a dedicated Trekkie). My guess is Ho’wood is going to get NFLed if it already hasn’t been — no meanness – no active boycott — just a bunch of turned off people who have better things to do with their time than to be propagandized by things that are supposed to be entertaining. It isn’t a boycott so much as a bye-cott.

• Doug says:

this is important because boycotts are one thing and they do work but im expecting the nfl thing to become what hollywood has … a slowly fading pastime replaced by things that give people real joy.. i cant tell you how many people are saying they are really enjoying their weekends without the nfl … some women in my office saying how nice it is to have a sunday where they arent in bad moods because the team lost .. i told them what will shock you the most is how much you wont miss it and when the nfl decides to change you wont care at that point because you will have found better things to do

• I’m a movie fan and in my early 20’s I went to the movies regularly. I used to check reviews of new movies every week and I went to see movies in the movie theater quite often. Nowadays I don’t even check out the new releases lists. There’s nothing worth watching being released by the big Hollywood studios. They don’t released anything original, intelligent and entertaining anymore. All they do are remakes, reboots, and seriously unfunny “comedies” of women behaving badly. Superhero movies are actually the only ones I sometimes go to see in movie theaters. I go to see them as an old Marvel Comics fan and I have some friends who love the comics too, so it’s nice to go together to see them. But even Marvel movies are not enough to drag me to the movies most of the time. Too many of them are not true to the comics and that annoys me tremendously. Black Kingpin in Daredevil was fine, because I couldn’t think of a white actor who was massive enough in a muscular way to fit the role. But putting a black guy into Asgard, that got to be too ridiculously and obviously token casting. Asgard is where the Viking gods live and there were no black people in Scandinavia in the Viking times. And I am still incapable of looking at Samuel L. Jackson and think straight away “Nick Fury”. Every time I see him, I still think “Who’s this character?” before I remember. He doesn’t look anything like Nick Fury in the comics and it annoys me. I hate it how the Marvel movies are getting ruined by “diversity” demands. OK, it’s not as bad as putting diversity into historical dramas, but d*mmit, I want to be able to recognize the characters based on the comics.

So although I agree with your boycott views, I’m already so deep into the byebye Hollywood phase that I don’t need to boycott.

• Kay says:

Kevin Bacon was AMAZING in the movie Taking Chance. It was an emotional and very touching movie about the men that accompany a soldiers last trip home in his flag covered casket. Keep the Kleenex handy you will need it.

• Somewhere in Dixie says:

It is a movie that leave you speechless. Very moving.

• Cee says:

Thank you Sundance. This video brought tears to my eyes.

• farmhand1927 says:

Here’s a common sense, MAGA idea: Let’s kick every single politician out of the process to replace Obamacare and hire a team of doctors in Las Vegas to sit down, draw up a plan that will actually work based on hands on experience.

These medical professionals handled this disaster and tragedy incredibly well. Thanks to all of them! God bless.

• Fe says:

Felice, I had to wait till I got home to watch….same thing happened to me. I started bawling when I saw the #MAGA on the board in the room of the guy who stood up to meet our Lion. Lee’s song Proud to Be An American always makes me tear up, a great choice whoever put this video together.

Our President has had to deal with major disasters, fake news, lies, smears, Little Rocket Man, Big Panda/Fake Dragon, the Russia BS, NFL taking a knee, Antifa, Mueller’s ridiculous ‘investigation’, and this massacre in such a short time. Every single one of these events makes the base stronger and it grows the base. We are winning on so many levels it’s mind boggling. And God is just getting started.

• TONYA PARNELL says:

AMEN

• Risa says:

❤️

• oldguy says:

Attention on deck!

1. albrevin says:

phenomenal. We have a president who loves this country AND its people.

2. Socrates says:

I have noticed that in the pictures that he is in he is not front and center hogging the spotlight as BHO would do. He shows real class.

3. stinkfoot63 says:

Oh look… a real leader showing compassion. Liberal heads would explode if not for MSM protecting them by not showing this.

4. jackphatz says:

THAT song should be our official (unofficial) national anthem….because we are proud to be an American and very grateful!

• free2313 says:

It is definitely a perfect song for the Fourth of July!!!,

• dginga says:

I always cry when I sing the National Anthem, and I always cry when I hear “God Bless the USA.”

• TexasRanchQueen says:

Lee Greenwood’s “Bless the USA” makes me cry every time. The National Anthem gives me chills. I’ll always remember at my daughters H.S. honors program when they played the National Anthem and I starting crying and could not stop. My daughter was mystified why I was crying so much. I just told her, “wait till you are a mother.”

5. ivehadit says:

That’s our Donald and Melania! WE LOVE YOU!!

6. MIKE says:

Daggone it, there’s an awful lot of pollen in the air for October… dang allergies!

7. das411 says:

I’m way behind on my tweets from him but TW has a very interesting theory…click on this one and then scroll up or down for the rest of the thread:

8. jat says:

I’ve got tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat watching that video. They really are lovely, caring, genuine people..

9. rikster says:

Best…..President…….EVER!

• MIKE says:

…and then some!

• JC says:

Hands down, rikster.

Tragic events in our country weigh heavily upon us, but our President and First Lady bring such comfort to *all of us. Extraordinary, really, what a difference they make. My heartache is eased by their simple acts of compassion, kindness and fearlessness, as well as their willingness to enter the world of everyday people. It’s like the White House has become a House of the People because they take it with them wherever they go. Definitely “government of the people, by the people and FOR the people” every single day. It is so easy to love them from the bottoms of our hearts.

(*All of us who are patriotic “normal” Americans.)

• corimari2013 says:

JC, what you wrote is IT: we have a President with a big heart and a lot of courage, and he readily and often comes into our midst to encourage and energize us.
        I am going to save your comment, and I thank you for it.
        I thank the Lord for Donald Trump, and I pray that the good Lord will bless and keep him him each and every day.

• JC says:

Thank you for your gracious comment, corimarie. You made my day.

Yes, always thanking God for our President and constantly praying that God “will bless him and keep him each and every day.”

10. magagirl says:

I wish all reporters would do a good job like this one.

11. Abbott Rock Monastery says:

Okay…I cried.

12. Sayit2016 says:

Ok… when I saw the board on the wall and it said ” What is important to me ” and it said #MAGA…..complete waterworks running down my face.

13. kea25252014 says:

God bless this man and Melania!!!!!

14. Kaco says:

I’m thankful we have a President and First Lady who sincerely cares. He works so hard for us. God Bless him and the victims and their families.

15. Sayit2016 says:

Thomas Gunderson
    Yesterday at 11:16am ·

16M Views
    334K Likes 67K Comments 400K Shares

16. czarowniczy says:

Noting how NFL players and coaches are starting to weigh in on guuuuuunnnnnn viollllllence and the need for gun control. Aside from the issue about disarming some of their feral players off-season it serves as a great opportunity to distract the public’s limited attention from their players unpatriotic and childish behaviors to their new enemy, Trump. Let’s see how the NFL picks up this ball and runs with it.

• Esperanza says:

They don’t like their mistresses shooting back.

• Lucille says:

Maybe the NFL SJWs should be more concerned about the number of their teammates and ex-players who have been involved in murders, pistol whippings, self-inflicted wounds, threats and showing-off incidents.

The entire NFL and their hypocrisy plus arrogance has ruined a fun pastime for millions of viewers. The chronic traumatic encephalopathy lawsuits will probably be the final death knell. The taxpayer better not be on the hook somehow to pay those NFL bills or all H will break loose.

• czarowniczy says:

Double-edged sword for the NFL, they can use CTE to explain so many player’s bad behavior but they have liability for it. I’d love to see the arrogant and self-absorbed SOBs crash and burn.

• jeans2nd says:

czar, if you can stomach the SJWarrioring, this article will bring a few laughs. The SJWs are lamenting Pres DJT co-opting the Kapernick narrative and hijacking the total morality of the SJW’s narrative. I did not finish it, was laughing too hard. Btw, where are the SJWs for Johnny Football? Such a nice, pleasant young man, Texas True.

The Mainstreaming of Colin Kaepernick’s Protest Was Its Destruction

Since it was not they who mainstreamed it, then it must be bad and evil. They have caused it to crash and burn all by their itty bitty selves.

17. phoenixRising says:

I didn’t notice anyone among the medical/hospital staff shying away from having their photo taken w/ POTUS… the media is full of BS wrt Americans not behind Trump… just full of it. Same goes for the division among Americans themselves. The media shows contrived conflict among protesters – mostly in big coastal cities where Antifa is prominent (Antifa = a bunch of paid hacks). Not buying the division myself, not buying it.

18. mdt123 says:

CNN is showing these pictures all day /s

19. Steven says:

I know President Donald and FL Melania care deeply for these victims. But I hope the Secret Service extended the same courtesy when they checked each room. I hope they have someone to condole each patient while the agents bang around, checked into everything, and felt up each family members and friends. Each of those individuals deserve the love of our President and Lady, and the SS agents better do the same!

20. Troublemaker10 says:

Don’t forget this one someone posted in another thread.

21. The Boss says:

“Privately compassionate and publicly a statesman”. I wonder if the losers at the NYT will retract their slanderous label of President Trump as ‘unfit’ and print these words instead? They damn well better, or face the consequences, like NBC, CNN and other media whorehouses surely will. You think “Big Tobacco” will be the only ones running ‘correct the record’ ads for a year straight? I don’t. Thank Bill the Rapist for the precedent.

22. georgiafl says:

“COMFORTER IN CHIEF” – That’s our compassionate President Donald J. Trump

He and the First Lady don’t go because they feel obliged or because of duty – but because they care and want to be there for those who are hurting and suffering loss.

• This video really touched me; I’m not the crying type like many here, but I just choked up on this video..just so touching, how much the people really want their pictures taken with POTUS and FLOTUS, just the feeling of compassion and kindness. Really sincerely touching.
      I don’t know if you caught the video in Puerto Rico, when POTUS was getting ready for first press conference/meeting with governor, FEMA, all the military support, etc and he went off to shake hands and told Melania to just stay. Well sitting next to Melania was the governor’s wife and the mike was still on. The governor’s wife said to Melania, “You don’t know how much this means to us..” then she kind of stuttered and said something like oh, of course you do. Then Melania said, “But, I really wanted to come, you know….” I couldn’t hear the rest. I found that so very sweet also.

The people of this country just open up to them…so I think the vibe is pretty warm.

23. maiingankwe says:

It felt so good to read all of these positive comments here this morning. So full of love and admiration for our President Trump and his beautiful FLOTUS Melania Trump.

It makes me feel good, feel right perched on one of our many tree branches. To celebrate the kindliness and compassion of our couple in the WH and what they stand for, MAGA.

I know in my heart and in my mind I’m on the right side of the argument. I see far too much hate and ignorance on the other to be wrong. And I’m standing with so many great people who know right from wrong.

It’s been really hard for me these past few days feeling so much pain and knowing of all the loss on that fateful day. It’s been hard seeing the people of Puerto Rico suffer and not too long ago seeing our Floridians, Texans and Georgians along with others struggling through the same. Let’s not forget to throw the disgusting anti-American behavior of the NFL. So yeah, it’s been a real rough September and on.

However, I am greatly comforted knowing not only that we have the best of the best in WH in so many ways, but I am greatly comforted knowing I stand with so many Patriotic Americans.

Thank you Treepers for keeping me straight and moving forward, I don’t think I would’ve done so well without all of you.
    Be well, stay strong and keep the Faith,
    Ma’iingankwe

24. Bob Thoms says:

Fantastic ! Love this man who loves our country……………..

25. woohoowee says:

President and First Lady Trump have the hearts of servants and it shines. Strength, comfort, caring and kindess. God bless us all.

• keebler AC ovfefe says:

I’ve been in denial about the casualties from the concert because it’s too upsetting, and aim to find out along with others here if they can who instigated this act against the president…….but Trump’s presence with Melania with the victims completely obliterates the agenda of the terrorist planner (whoever they really are)! It is better than any fiction Hollywood could ever write! Trump is the real Luke Skywalker.

26. keebler AC ovfefe says:

Remember how leftists and Hollywood used to decry how Trump was not presidential looking? LOLz. They never knew what “Presidential” looked like! It’s certainly not staging photos in the Oval Office window with expensive professional photographers and it’s not a selfie camera on a stick! It’s also not this:

27. In Az says:

What other President of the United States has visited hospitals to visit with victims who are ordinary citizens? And stops the motorcade to say hello to people, and goes into crowds to shake hands, and calls ordinary citizens on the phone? And works for free and gives his personal money away to help others?

What other President has invited ordinary citizens to the Oval Office?

What Congress or Senate member has visited victims who are ordinary citizens from their state, or invited them to visit the politicians office in DC?

Only President Trump.

28. doit4atlas says:

This is why they HATE him so very much…no other politician, including Reagan, comes close to his connection with everyday Americans. Sure, Reagan was a better orator and could articulate the concepts, and was an amazing communicator, but I want Donald Trump to be my Dad!

29. Deplorable bcootz says:

What an “awesome” President and First Lady!!! I am so proud of them both I have never felt so much emotion over a President in my life (and I’m not a young spring chicken anymore!!) I just love the both of them they’re real unlike the past presidents we’ve had. I Thank God every day for giving them to us and to keep them safe from all evil and harm. God has really blessed us with two very genuine loving and compassionate people. Praise the Lord!!!☺️

30. MakeAmericaGreat says:

Stunning.

And he didn’t even seek to put this footage out there.

He is an amazing man, and Melania an amazing woman.

Spirit of America there.

31. Pam says:

How sweet these moments were to see. Nope, the MSM of course doeesn’t really want to touch this with a ten foot pole so, it’s nice to hear the comments from the patients themselves. I’m sure they will never forget their experience of meeting POTUS & FLOTUS. God bless them all.

• JC says:

Yes, Pam… and the patients post it all on social media, complete with irrefutable pics. Infinitely more effective than anything Fake News ignores, spins, exploits or flat-lies about 24/7.

32. Grandma Covfefe says:

And..here we thought we saw the best of our President Trump and First Lady until their visit to Vegas. He continues to surprise us every day with his show of Love of America and Her People.

Our President Trump and First Lady are amazing people. They continue to make us proud to be Americans.

Covfefe Rules.
    MAGA every single day!
    God Bless America.

33. SeekerOfTruth says:

From Bill O’Reilly
    The former Fox News host also noted that he spoke with a “local security guy” who “came up with something that I had never even thought about” for another response to the Las Vegas massacre.

“Every police department in America, when they have an event of say more than two or three thousand people, has to have SWAT teams posted around the event. Las Vegas PD did not,” O’Reilly said. “So they had 25,000 people standing in what was pretty much an empty lot, but they had no SWAT team. If they had had that, they could have immediately started shooting at the sniper.”

“Then I learned that at Yankee Stadium during the ball games, the NYPD posts snipers in the stadium high above the game,” he added. “And so, to me, that was the two things that I learned, two things that could really save lives if we, you know, make the FBI be more efficient and get the word out to local PDs, you’ve got something like this? You’ve got to have SWAT snipers available.”

34. Kerry Gimbel says:

I’m trying to think. Who would rather see visit the White House. Doctors and first responders and survivors of this awlful event. Or football players? I didn’t have to think hard!

35. G3 says:

President and First Lady Trump are certainly the most naturally, kind, loving beings. They did a wonder job lifting spirits, and giving thanks, praise, and comfort.

• G3 says:

* that would be wonderful job…
      Hannity had a great interview of the guy who insisted on getting out of bed to shake the President’s hand, tonight.

36. Pam says:

37. Southrider says:

Feds want to get into gun control? OK. Ban bump stocks BUT pass national CWL reciprocity simultaneously. NO OTHER DEAL.

38. Pam says:

• This young man and his parents were on Hannity tonight. Apparently, the second time the young man went to stand up, maybe to have picture taken, POTUS helped him up…parents said he (POTUS) is a big man, helped him up. Also, the father said that they met POTUS’s cook outside the hospital before they met POTUS and the cook told them, you will see, he’s really a genuine person…and he was.

39. Pam says:

40. Blue Ridge Mts Va says:

Thomas Gunderson’s FB page is really great too. It is really cool. That is where I read about the retired Marine Taylor Winston who during the Vegas attack took a construction truck, stealing it, then loaded it up with the wounded making multiple trips to the hospital. He did all that before the rescue squads got there. I read about Mr. Winston on Thomas Gunderson’s FB page. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004133597768

We have such ragweed here in Virginia, I have been tearing up A LOT! Our President and First Lady are so wonderful.

I am wondering now, it seems to me that the prudent thing to do for these outdoor musical venues, would be to have SWAT snipers on the ready in case another LOON decides to act out with multiple weaponry.

41. Blue Ridge Mts Va says:

This is the article about Taylor Winston, the retired Marine who took the construction truck. http://tribunist.com/news/owner-sends-text-to-marine-who-stole-his-truck-to-save-lives-in-las-vegas-shooting-video/?utm_source=MOH