Saudi Arabia King Salman Issues Decree Allowing Women To Drive…

Some people might remember a specific and strategic Trumpian approach toward social reform in Saudi Arabia which was highlighted by Rex Tillerson during his senate confirmation hearings.  WATCH AGAIN (prompted to 06:09 – just hit play):

Secretary Tillerson’s explanation of the Trump administration position was then followed by the respectful administration strategy during their Saudi visit.  First-Lady Melania Trump figured prominently in that strategy during the February delegation visit.

Well, today:

RIYADH/WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Saudi King Salman on Tuesday ordered that women be allowed to drive cars, ending a conservative tradition seen by rights activists as an emblem of the Islamic kingdom’s repression of women.

The kingdom, the birthplace of Islam, has been widely criticized for being the only country in the world that bans women from driving, despite gradual improvement on some women’s issues in recent years and ambitious government targets to increase their public role, especially in the workforce.

Despite trying to cultivate a more modern image in recent years, the driving ban had been a longstanding stain on Saudi Arabia’s international image.

The royal decree ordered the formation of a ministerial body to give advice within 30 days and then implement the order by June 24, 2018, according to state news agency SPA. (read more)

“Respectful Influence”

This wasn’t T-Rex’s first Sword Dance…

This entry was posted in Ivanka Trump, Melania Trump, Saudi Arabia, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

202 Responses to Saudi Arabia King Salman Issues Decree Allowing Women To Drive…

1. sundance says:

• Dixie says:

IMO, they need to take those face coverings off or there will be a lot of accidents.

• hugofitch1 says:

Someone could make a mint inventing a burqa equipped with blind spot monitoring.

• Dixie says:

LOL! Don’t forget to include the backup camera.

• Fake Nametag says:

Helmets made of one way glass, hmmmm…….

• Maquis says:

That’s actually a very good solution. They should just put their women in formless opaque space suits, ones that permit outward vision and do not cook them like lobsters in a solar oven.

The RayBan Driving Sphere has great potential as an empowering product that frees women from The Muslim Male Gaze. I’m adding that one to my “To Invent” list!

The black folds that enshroud Muslim women could be composed of an electricity generating solar fabric which would be used to cool them instead of the current state of Hellish Heat they endure.

That could be a boon for many in the Civilized World as well. As a sufferer of Chemical Sensitivities my ability to endure exposure to the exhaust and effluents et les parfums of the World is extremely limited.

I would love a safe well-cooled filtered-air Bubble-Boy suit complete with a private solar ray rejecting helmet. Gotta look into that. I could then get a convertible, finally!

• backwoodsgirl123 says:

These women have been in that hellish heat their entire lives! They are used to it.

In FL, you can always tell who the residents are in the winter. The residents are dressed like it’s really winter. The snowbirds, act like it’s summer!

We don’t use air conditioning and that sounds odd to even the residents who are used to it. The first couple of years back down here were a little difficult in the summer heat; however, this summer, I’m tolerating the 90’s pretty well.

It’s a matter of getting acclimated.

• Maquis says:

In a Burma, one’s blind spot is 360º!

• BT in SC says:

There are already are a lot of accidents, there! [Been there.] Any laws, rules or regulations, especially if you are a saudi, are merely just “suggestions.” Speed limit signs?! Ha! NO one drives the posted speed limit. I believe the rule of thumb is to double it – whatever the sign says – and add thirty kilometers. The worst accidents will take place with the women, of which there are many, who wear a FULL head covering. Wearing only the partial covering, as in the picture, above, simply means your peripheral vision is limited [very limited]. Not all women will drive; just because the King is going to allow it doesn’t mean their husbands will! That’s a biggie, right there. What your husband ALLOWS you to do.

As a woman, I was sincerely thankful I couldn’t drive there. I would have just gotten myself in trouble, doing that oh so friendly – and feminine, too – middle finger wave to the crazy drivers, there. Although, I did once, almost make a serious mistake when I was at the Rashid Mall with a group of women and we were waiting for our driver. A small car, with four teenage boys in it, pulled up to a spot a double-decker semi truck could fit in, and the driver was attempted to parallel park. We all watched and laughed as one try after another was a complete failure. After four or five tries, I pushed my pocket book and shopping bags toward one of the women with me, giving it NO thought whatsoever, saying, “My gosh! That kid needs some help. The mall is going to be closed for prayer-time before he’s able to park thing. Here, hold these. I’ll go show him how to parallel park.” Thank goodness, our driver pulled up just then, and the woman I was trying to get to hold my things said, “You can’t go park that car for him,” as she was pushing me to our vehicle, “You’re not allowed to drive here. Are you crazy?!”

Oh, yeah. There ARE going to be a lot more accidents, that is for dayum sure!

• Heaven forbid a woman gets into an auto accident in the ‘Kingdom’. Sharia law would kick in and probably impose the following actions IMHO:

Declared an act of heresy,
        Public stoning,
        Seizure of property,
        Removal of various body parts,
        and then,
        Death by hanging.

Enjoy your new freedom, Ladies.

• WSB says:

Now, that just looks like a getaway car.

• Sunshine says:

Next, the veil has to go. Too dangerous driving with such face equipment.

• Sunshine says:

The magic words: Economic Reform. Think ‘Economic’, think ‘Trump’.

2. Sharon says:

It’s a good thing. Obviously.

But my immediate thought was, “Well, isn’t that special.”

Sometimes I don’t play well with others.

3. MIKE says:

Good for King Salman. And Coho… and Steelhead.

4. treehouseron says:

I saw a Tom Hanks movie called “A Hologram for the King” and it was all about a guy trying to do a sales pitch for the King over there… in the movie the women were portrayed as fairly liberated. So I’m not sure what to think about all this. They talked about it, but for instance the main lead was a female doctor.

It’s a very complicated subject I suppose… which is kind of what T-Rex was getting at.

5. Gil says:

So are we going to start hearing Arabic “women driver” jokes? I can say I am a much better driver than a lot of others, including men. I think I would have a blast at one of those police defensive driving classes or the nascar training too!

6. Travis McGee says:

Trump got done what no other president has done. This is a big deal for that country and I give all the credit to Team Trump.

7. georgiafl says:

NEXT – I hope President Trump can cause Islamic countries to forsake SLAVERY – human trafficking and slave ownership!!!

AND:
    – rape of boys and girls, women and men.
    – jihad, bombing innocent people
    – hatred of Christians and Jews.
    – drug and p0rn trade.

8. fedback says:

Just give that Nobel Peace Prize to Trump

9. maggiemoowho says:

It’s a good first step, hopefully more steps will follow to give women freedom.

• I have to think it will help in the fight against radical Islam. If women feel like they are participants in the society, mothers will have the courage to tell their children that strapping bombs to their bodies is not an honorable thing to do. Any women who has a positive self image will not tell her son to martyr himself, IMHO.

10. NYGuy54 says:

Saudi men probably got sick of listeing to directions from the women. Here you drive. j/k, j/k
    hat tip to Gil.

• olderwiser21 says:

Ha! Cute!

• scott467 says:

This is something I notice ALL the time now.

When I was a kid (which was not that long ago…), if a man and a woman were in a car together, the man was always driving. It was STRANGE to see a woman driving with a man in the passenger seat.

Today, when I see a man and woman in a car together, unless it is an elderly couple, it is usually the WOMAN who is driving.

With young men in particular, they have been completely emasculated by indoctrination and the school system. It’s as if the traditional roles (in every area, now that I think of it) have been completely inverted.

Personally, I don’t like putting my life in other people’s hands whenever it can reasonably be avoided. I don’t like flying on planes for the same reason. It’s not so much that I mind being inside a tube at 35,000 feet, it’s just… unnatural to trust one’s life to a pilot I don’t know and probably won’t even meet.

The only reason I can think of why I would not be in the driver’s seat when traveling by car (with anybody) is if I’ve had some horrible injury and cannot drive myself to the hospital, lol!

• sedge2z says:

I thought women driving their man meant she was not guzzling all that beer.

• Gil says:

Even if my husband is tired he prefers to drive. He drives at work but his driving is a bit squirrelly and hates all the “safety alarms” on new cars. I totally get your point, but I find myself in the reversed roles rather often. 🙄

• G. Combs says:

Our friends beg ME to drive and get angry if I ask Hubby to drive because I am tired. (And yes I am the better driver. I have the CDL )

• Maquis says:

You have NO idea… The Horror! Once was enough, thank you very much.

11. jdawgswords says:

it’s a historical move in the right direction

12. Pam says:

POTUS and TRex knew that Saudi Arabia just like other middle east regions have millenniums old traditions and that things don’t change magically overnight. I totally agree with Dixie about the covering of their faces. That’s another thing that needs to be axed in terms of safety but at least this is a step in the right direction.

• Coldeadhands says:

In Arab countries there is always the danger that when social change is undertaken, there will be a backlash. Wherever Wahhabism and Muslim Brotherhood are present, the potential for violence and murder is high.
      Anwar Sadat was murdered by the Muslim Brotherhood as their reward for making peace with Israel. King Salman is protected but there is bound to be a segment of even the royal family that would like to see him pay the ultimate price for this social change.
      President el Sisi of Egypt has a big target on his back for orchestrating the military coup that ousted the Muslim Brotherhood. His great advantage is that he has steadily and aggressively purged the Brotherhood declaring them a terrorist organization, jailing and executing many.

13. tonyE says:

Now, in most countries this would be a disaster…. but given how males drive in Saudi Arabia, I figure this will calm the traffic on the roads… however, with that head gear, it will be very hard to make “eye” contact with those drivers.

• WSB says:

They now need clear hijabs…lol.

• Maquis says:

How are we going to make eye contact with the driverless cars in development?

There is no way to discern another driver’s intent nor even their awareness of our presence if there is no driver to observe and communicate with.

Reminds me of being in South Korea. Here, once a driver makes eye contact with you he bears the responsibility to avoid bringing you harm. In SK if you make eye contact you are entirely on your own. Especially as a pedestrian. I learned to run across busy ten lane streets in Seoul while pretending to be oblivious to the metal mayhem that surrounded me.

If confronted with a Hijab I will presume I am the intended target and take evasive action. You never know who’s hiding under there!

14. MfM says:

Who knew that T-Rex doing the sword dance would lead to women being able to drive in Saudi Arabia!

Well Rubio didn’t seem to be thrilled with Tillerson. Rubio is so clueless at times that he likely doesn’t realize that Trump and Tillerson are behind this change!

• olderwiser21 says:

I’m sorry, but I think Rubio came off looking like a petulant, arrogant, posturing little brat during this hearing with T-Rex. I really cannot stand to watch these maroons at all. They just totally disgust me nowadays.

• thesavvyinvester says:

He’s been fighting above his weight class for years. What El Rushbo saw in him I’ll never know. Remember the vaulted 16 and what a great field it was? In Dec-2014 I saw it and called it for what it was, and that included Rubio…

• Tegan says:

To be honest, I think many of us were fooled in the beginning with Rubio…the All_American story, well-spoken, good looks, fast rise into the political arena, etc. Unfortunately, not much of a deep-thinker, got himself into some financial binds that undoubtedly made him ripe for payoffs, etc. For the most part, with today’s easy, quick access to information it doesn’t take long to dig out the true character of public figures and all those little attached strings that manipulate their actions.

• TreeClimber says:

Well, that’s slightly nicer wording than I was thinking (saying), but pretty much!

• Little Marco wasn’t a passing thought:
        It’s TRUE, It’s TRUE.

15. Dixie says:

I’m gonna make a bet: Most of the women will not want to drive.

It will take a very long time for this to become commonplace.

We’ll see.

16. zephyrbreeze says:

Now on to ending Female Genital Mutilation.

• Sharon says:

…..including in Minnesota and Wisconsin, etc.

• treehouseron says:

When I was in college, I took a class called “Sexology” (I know, I know). Anyways, there were about 12 of us in the class and we had to teach 1 individual class.

It’s not as liberal as it sounds, this was 15 years ago.

Anyways, one class this girl taught about Female Genital Mutilation. I’d never heard of it. Before the class was over, I had a panic attack and thought i was dying. I’m serious. I was imagining all the women I knew and literally thought i was dying.

It sounds crazy but was believe it or not one of the worst experiences of my life. The girl had pictures, movies, was incredibly descriptive and had this monotone delivery, after about 45 minutes of it I felt like I was dying and couldn’t breathe.

Similar thing happens to guys watching childbirth I’ve heard.

• sixgeese says:

Now that you mention it, we should also end Male Genital Mutilation.

17. Howie says:

Then there was the time my ex-wife hit a Deer…it was in the Zoo. She got 9 out of 10 on her driver license test. The other guy in line was able to jump out of the way. What a driver. Then there was the time she got lost trying to find a store. She told me she knew she was lost. I asked …big mistake…how do you know you are lost. She said because she recognized a building and that it was the same place she got lost last time. Not a joke that one.

• LBB says:

Some people just don’t have good sense of direction. Somehow my Mom wound up on one of the tarmacs at O’hare. (70’s)

• missmarple2 says:

My mother wound up at the gate to the Federal Narcotix Hospital in Lexington. My dad, sisters and brother were asleep in the back of our big Chevy station wagon, and she drives up to the gate and got a rifle poked in the window.

I think the guard thought we were there for a jail break.

• LBB says:

Becomes good family folklore. : )

• WSB says:

I hear ya! I have a solid sense of direction but was relying on one of the original GPS programs trying to find the correct road to a boathouse restaurant that is near SingSing.

Needless to say, we ended up right under the guard, frantically being waved off. I am glad it was during daylight.

• carrierh says:

WSB: Every time I have been in someone’s car with GPS, it always gave the wrong address or way, so you can be sure I don’t have it in my car! I had every time to tell t he driver you are going the wrong way but should go this way. They wouldn’t listen until finally it dawned on then that yes they were going in the wrong direction. In any case with GPS, everyone has the ability to know everything about you and I don’t want that either.

• G. Combs says:

I use MAPS! I love maps and have an entire book case shelf of maps. First thing I did when we were planing to move to NC was get an entire set of topo maps for the state. (I also was often on mapping crews when caving.)

On the other hand I stand in awe of the incredible sense of direction some men have. One guy I caved with ALWAYS knew what direction north was. Underground we routinely checked him with a compass and he was always right.

However the one experience that really floored me was on a ‘Dark and Stormy Night.’ I was supposedly leading a blind caver back down the mountain to the vehicles. I got lost within tem minutes. He grabbed my arm said “Your Lost!” and a half hour later lead me directly to the car door! Since this guy had no eyes, there was no way he was ‘cheating’ (He was also incredibly brilliant. I wish someone who knew him better would write his story.)

• Maquis says:

Sounds like something you might want to look into doing, or actively encouraging, yourself. Sounds very interesting, I’d surely be happy to read it.

I think a great number of Treepers could write books with ease, or at a minimum write ones worth reading. CTH is a Treasure. As was the custom to say in my Active Military years…Damn Glad to be here!

• Gil says:

I wonder what she was like when she played pin the tail on the donkey! 😉

• Now Howie that was a laugh. In fact it was several repeating laughs. Thanks

18. Sharon says:

“In a country where a woman cannot even open a bank account without her husband’s permission, here are several other things they are still unable to do:”

And the first is: “Drive a car

“There is no official law that bans women from driving, but deeply held religious beliefs prohibit it, with Saudi clerics arguing that female drivers “undermine social values”.

“In 2011, the “Women2Drive” campaign encouraged women to disregard the laws and post images and videos of themselves driving on social media to raise awareness of the issue in an attempt to force change. It was not a major success.

“Saudi journalist Talal Alharbi says women should be allowed to drive – but only to take their children to school or a family member to hospital. ‘Women should accept simple things’, he writes for Arab News. ‘This is a wise thing women could do at this stage. Being stubborn won’t support their cause.'”

Since it’s been based on “deeply held religious beliefs” – it would be helpful if they outline what is supposed to happen if there is an accident involving a vehicle driven by a woman and a vehicle driven by a man, because another thing a woman cannot do (according to this article) is

“Interact with men

“Women are required to limit the amount of time spent with men to whom they are not related. The majority of public buildings, including offices, banks and universities, have separate entrances for the different sexes, the Daily Telegraph reports. Public transportation, parks, beaches and amusement parks are also segregated in most parts of the country. Unlawful mixing will lead to criminal charges being brought against both parties, but women typically face harsher punishment.”

It’s fine to change the policy but it might turn into a real mess if procedures do not reflect the new policy, just like in corporate settings.

• Cuppa Covfefe says:

That’s probably why they’ve given themselves around a year to implement it. Need to have driver training courses, etc., too.

It’s baby steps, indeed, but they’re in the right direction…

What I worry about are the Burkahs, or the Nikabs (full over-the-face). It’s not just a seeing probably, but a being-seen problem, as in ID. They’ve just ruled here in Germany (finally) that driving with head coverings (other than racing helmets, natch) is illegal. Of course some ultra-rich sheik has promised to pay all the fines.,,

19. progpoker says:

TCT University is starting to pay dividends for me!!

As soon as I heard the news I checked the archives. I remembered this being something to watch for, while bearing witness to the Trump Doctrine’s advance. Sundance was kind enough to point me in the right direction. This site rocks!!!

Thank you Professor Sundance and a shout out to your band of merry minions who make this site possible!!

20. Doug says:

baby steps, fighting islam and making a difference also will require us working with reforming those within it that want reform

21. FL_GUY says:

This is a major step forward for the entire ME and is totally due to President Trump. It may seem inconsequential to people over here but it has big ramifications over there because it is the first of a series of reforms we will be seeing due to the leadership of President Trump! Making the WORLD great again.

22. LBB says:

My husband had a business trip in ME a couple years ago. He told me about bath houses near Dubai & Bahrain where Saudi women leaving the country would change out of their burkas and put on more western clothes , then move to the driver’s seat since they could drive in those other two countries. His host said the women were better drivers.

I was happy to see this headline and hope it helps towards progress.

23. M33 says:

Oh my God

THIS IS YUUUUUUGE!

24. missmarple2 says:

Also, on Thomas Wictor’s Twitter feed I discovered that the King has prohibited religious police from arresting women who have their hair uncovered. I wondered about Melania appearing without a head covering on that trip, so that is another change attributable to President Trump.

• WSB says:

Foreign dignitaries and execs are normally exempt.

• pochas94 says:

Melania probably set this whole thing off.

• Maquis says:

Those Religious Police are a scary bunch. Met one eye-to-eye as he was helping his team clear a mall of foreigners for afternoon prayers. Despite my being there to save his butt from Saddam Hussein, his eyes burned with hate. Quite similar to the look a ticket-agent described after her fateful encounter with Mohamed Atta. I’m no fan of Islam.

Uncovered hair is now okay? I only once barely glimpsed a Saudi woman’s face through her veil, let alone anyone’s hair. That’s a big thing to allow that.

Incidently that one woman, encountered in a quiet momentarily abandoned area of the aforementioned mall, actually smiled at me as we passed. A very human gesture, one that she would pay for dearly if witnessed by her masters.

It was very disturbing for me to know that the most charitable, even chivalous, thing I could do to respect and protect Saudi women was to pretend they didn’t exist. Still bothers me.

Of course, I feel quite differently towards the jihadi breeders here in America. I don’t need to pretend they don’t exist. I struggle to suppress my instinctual exclaimation that their very presence in my country as unreformef Anti-Civilizationists ought not exist.

25. Lauren says:

Whoa, hold the phone! Women being allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia now that is way too progressive for me…

Is Saudi Arabia in the 19th Century or what? I’m glad they have been given this right, but the overall treatment of women in Saudi Arabia is horrifying. If you notice Christian nations (as opposed to Muslim nations) give women so many rights. I thank Jesus for that…

26. Matt says:

We all pretty much know that this is due to POTUS and his manner of dealing. It would be nice, and appreciative, if the Saudi King gave our President, and First Lady some kudos. ( I know, I’m probably expecting too much.)

27. SafeSpace says:

Coming soon: The Presbyterian Church issues a decree allowing women to participate equally with men in church governance and teaching (really).

28. rsanchez1990 says:

Wonder if the media is going to “blame” Trump for this one.

29. justme928 says:

Was Saudi Arabia the country where the king change his successor to be the son who is more friendly toward the USA?

• Maquis says:

Towards Humanity itself, one hopes, but yes, the chain of succession was recently revised in SA.

• Cozette says:

Yes. He made Trumps ally the Crown Prince. He is a fascinating man and Trumps kindred spirit. Brilliant, extremely well educated, a business man and a real maverick.

• Blacksmith8 says:

Maybe the old king was looking at future history and trying to rig the royal bank for his ‘progeny’
        Maintain the reign in the right hands with our President Trump [still not tired of saying that] to help ‘a little bit’

30. keeler says:

Wow!

Congrats are due to all of the third-wave feminists who forced through this major step towards Progress(TM) through their tireless, selfless efforts to draw attention to problems such as the campus rape crisis, the wage gap, the male gaze, and the unacceptable levels of manspreading which plague privileged, middle class females in first world nations. In particular, Linda Sarsour has shone like the sun in her efforts to expand equality and civil liberties for all. She truly is the Rosa Parks of this generation.

CNN is reporting that King Salman even said, “Once those Pussy Hats took over the streets of Washington, we knew it was only a matter of time. You can’t ignore a powerful message like that for very long.”

If only this racist misogynist President and his cadre of rich white men could learn the nuances of tact and diplomacy, maybe then we could see REAL change!

31. MTeresa says:

So allow me just a little snark here……….when you see our lovely FLOTUS, can you just picture Jane Sanders in Mrs. Trump’s place? Yeah, me neither.

32. zephyrbreeze says:

Melania looked regal.

33. MrE says:

Saudi Rules of the Road

Rule #1: Women drivers must always yield to men, no matter who is turning right or left. Punishment is death by stoning.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

• MrE says:

Rule #2: Women must not drive sexy cars (including but not limited to: Corvette, Cadillac, and Rolls Royce), so as to avoid being spontaneously raped. Punishment is death by stoning.

34. Maquis says:

Little Marco sure got schooled. Trumpian Success continues to school all the virtue-signaling fools.

35. Maquis says:

I notice that the only non-veiled female greeting Melania has avoided the covering through shaving her head. Shame. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 🙄

36. quintrillion says:

This comes to mind….sa-oodis in ah-oodis

37. moe2004 says:

We had a chance to make a ton of money there, it will be a cold day in hell before I walk behind my husband.

38. I remember those comments by Tillerson quite clearly because he is absolutely correct in his understanding on how change takes place peacefully in all countries. I feel the same could be said about the US…for example the race issue, which was evolving quite successfully until Obama. Obama has set race relations back years and the left continues to do this.

Things have changed and improved dramatically since the 50’s for blacks but with all of this race baiting and faux racial issues created, now daily, it pushes people back against the wall. The whole confederate statue thing…most likely no one was even noticing these statues and many people had no idea who they were or cared. Now all of a sudden we have to relive the civil war. It just pushes people a part.

Change is generational, but you have to let one generation pass away and a new one be born.

39. mo says:

Both Limbaugh and his full throated conservative pal can take a flying leap.

• sturmudgeon says:

Do not know who you are, but you only WISH you could be as much of a true American as Rush! One may not always agree with him, but on this! you can rely.

• G. Combs says:

Rush is true to $$$$.

A quicky on Rush Limbaugh.
        Rush is very good friends with Ailes (Fox News) and has Megyn Kelley over for dinner.

Just before the Iowa Caucus Limbaugh bashed Trump. For small business owners Obamacare is a real horror and Iowa is full of small businessmen. To cripple Trump, just before the Iowa Caucus Rush Limbaugh refused calls from Trump supporters, ignored the Cruz Shame-Mailer and trotted out Trump supports Obummercare based on Trump mentioning people dying on the street at the Wounded Veterans rally (Referring to our disgraceful Veterans Hospitals — One year after VA scandal, the number of veterans waiting for care is up 50 percent)

This is a major falsehood. pg 121 to 134 of Trump’s book “Time to get Tough” calls for repeal of Obummercare, Tort reform to lower insurance cost of medical practitioners and more competition in the health insurance industry by allowing cross-state competition.

So it seems Rush was trashing Trump. This is why.

Rush is bought and paid for!

Rush Limbaugh was up for negotiating a new contract with Bain Capital (Mittens Romney) during the campaign.
        Wall Street Journal: Jul 3, 2008 – Rush Limbaugh signed an eight-year contract for about $400 million, a big jump from his last Clear Channel deal.

From WIKI:

Clear Channel Communications. — In 2008 it was taken private by Bain Capital, LLC and Thomas H. Lee Partners through a leveraged buyout
        ” In 1998 it made its first move outside of the United States when it acquired the leading UK outdoor advertising company More Group plc, which was led by Roger Parry; Clear Channel went on to buy many other outdoor advertising, radio broadcasting, and live events companies around the world, which were then re-branded Clear Channel International. These included a 51% stake in Clear Media Ltd. in China.”

FROM WIKI
        Who owns Clear Channel?
        July 2008 – Bain, together with Thomas H. Lee Partners, acquired Clear Channel Communications

Bain Capital is a global investment firm. “Bain Capital was founded in 1984 by partners Mitt Romney, T. Coleman Andrews III, and Eric Kriss, Romney initially had the title of president. He was also the sole shareholder of the firm. Early investors included members of elite Salvadoran families and other wealthy Latin Americans invested $9 million primarily through offshore companies registered in Panama.”

I’d add that Mitt Romney’s partner in Bain Capital T. Coleman Andrews, III attempted to run for Lt. Gov of VA (but family issues caused him to drop out) and John Hager won and John Hager’s son married Jenna Bush daughter of George W. Bush. They’re all in bed together literally and figuratively.

This explains why Rush will always be ‘lukewarm’ and subtly bashing President Trump.

40. pjb535i says:

This is YUGE !. And thank you for posting the video of little Marco getting schooled by a real statesman in SOS Tillerson.

41. jeans2nd says:

This wasn’t T-Rex’s first Sword Dance…

Seems like we have a few forward-looking thinkers in the Deplorable Trump Cabinet. One cannot help but wonder how influential Ivanka and Jared and were in this decision.

23 Apr 2016
    “the prince (Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman) had been quietly planning a major restructuring of Saudi Arabia’s government and economy, aiming to fulfill what he calls his generation’s “different dreams” for a post-carbon future.”

“last year there was near-panic among his (bin Salman’s) advisers as they discovered Saudi Arabia was burning through its foreign reserves faster than anyone knew, with insolvency only two years away.”

“Plummeting oil revenue had resulted in an almost $200 billion budget shortfall— a preview of a future in which the Saudis’ only viable export can no longer pay the bills, whether because of shale oil flooding the market or climate change policies.”

“Prince Mohammed has (proposed) a proposed share-sale in state oil company Saudi Aramco that may end up being the world’s biggest-ever initial public offering.”

“In the past week, authorities also relaxed the rules to allow women to attend celebrations for the anniversary of the kingdom’s founding, and men and women danced together at a street party in Riyadh.”

Kind of explains the push to remain in the Paris Climate Scam from T-Rex and Ivanka, huh?

42. Mitro Roman says:

I say this half-way joking. Not sure it’s such a good idea. Not to stereotype, but from my experience, the absolute worst drivers that I’ve seen in the U.S. are the Muslim women drivers.

43. Edith Wenzel says:

Better a 100 years late than never!

44. Bendix says:

When I heard this tonight, I immediately thought of President Trump’s visit.

45. ZurichMike says:

Watching the serene T-Rex having to answer the smug, snarky question of Little Marco made me realize how much I loathe that punk. Another one that needs to go. Remember Trump in Florida after the hurricane “joking” on stage that Governor Scott was doing a great job and “maybe he should run for Senate” and jokingly turned to Rubio and said “sorry Marco”?

46. MVW says:

When will the Saudis make it illegal to own slaves?

47. Piper says:

Melania is standing in front of my daughter in the third picture down, taken during her visit to the American School here in Riyadh. My daughter still talks about it like it was yesterday!

48. POP says:

Don’t do it Salman old pal.
    Next you’ll be giving them a vote for traffic wardens that is counted by overseas agencies……that’s led to disaster everywhere.
    Unsophisticated 3rd world clowns are about to ruin Saudi Arabia.

49. Bob Thoms says:

The team of people that P Trump has entrusted with his (our) agenda is phenomenal; one of the best ever to serve a presidency. Maybe better than the Roosevelt WWII cabinet or Lincoln’s famous”team of rivals” ?