Following a briefing and meeting with cabinet members and national security officials President Trump and Vice-President Pence held a rather lengthy Q & A with media reporters to answer a myriad of questions surrounding national security and ongoing administration policy.

The president discussed North Korea, regional partners, the United Nations, China, Russia, Syria as well as leaks, Jeff Sessions, Mitch McConnell, healthcare reform, taxes etc. together with Vice President Mike Pence in Bedminster, New Jersey.

This entry was posted in AG Jeff Sessions, media bias, Mike pence, Mitch McConnell, N Korea, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized, United Nations, USA. Bookmark the permalink.

184 Responses to Press Conference #2 – President Trump Answers Lengthy Media Questions on National Security, Policy and Status…

1. dogsmaw says:

2. It seems that if NK launches missiles towards at Guam, then we are going to strike them. Note, NK has said they plan to hit the water 30 miles from Guam, not Guam itself.

3. Holy Moley sundance, you are rally cranking out a whole lot of articles today!
    I can’t keep up!

4. Pam says:

Among the questions about NK, POTUS sent a very clear signal to McConnell that he’d better do his job or else. It’s sad that it had to be said, but it was necessary.

5. Raffaella says:

I loved that press conference by our President. Very strong. Very impressive.

6. bluegirl says:

MAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Minnie says:

Thanks, Sundance.
    Going back upthread to read ๐Ÿ‘

8. Question Everything says:

The pivot from Sessions to Kelly was interesting.

9. Jay Chou says:

Hello Treepers! (Republican Workers’ Party)

This is being shared widely everywhere. From the WSJ, nonetheless. A must read. WowX3!

“The sweet spot in American politics is thus the upper-left quadrant of the double majority: economic liberals and social conservatives. Itโ€™s the place where presidential elections are won, and the winner is usually going to be the candidate whoโ€™s wonโ€™t touch Social Security and who promises to nominate judges in the mold of Antonin Scalia. In other wordsโ€”Donald Trump.”
    Unquote

10. Angry Dumbo says:

Even better than tweets, we get to see PDJT’s face and body language AND the mouth breathers in the press trying to keep up. : ))

MAGA

11. Minnie says:

Of course, one of the first questions was a pressing one re: military transgender policy.

๐Ÿ˜

• Lulu says:

What’s sad is that reporter probably believes that is more important than say nuclear war – I’m not kidding.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I thought it was interesting that Trump KNEW he was doing the military a favor, by making himself the sacrificial lamb here. And I agree completely. Trump understands that the military is not a place for people to come in needing fixed. And transgender – no matter what you think of it – is a BIG FIX.

• Minnie says:

I know for a fact the military will not accept anyone with a mental illness or instability or taking anti-psychotic medications, anymore so than one battling (God forbid) a life threatening illness.

Why would that policy change to allow those “conflicted about their gender”?

I am open to having an honest dialogue but sense there cannot be one.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I would say that the fallback position might be that surgically complete trangenders, stable in their new gender, could be accepted or remain. HOWEVER, the risk of “transitioning back” is so high, I think it is wiser to just classify transgenderism with most long-term or serious episodic major mental disorders. We have seen what happened with Manning. Pre-trans is just as dangerous to secrecy as beginning trans or mid-trans, in my opinion. I would even classify gender conflict at any level as too risky.

• Maquis says:

A very big very expensive fix.

Our Military would be flooded with gender dysphoria sufferers demanding their very big expensive operations are paid for by Uncle Sam, ie, us.

You can find scads of Sex Reassignment Surgery seekers on gofundme and the like. Guaranteed they would go nuts if we opened our pocketbooks to such. Trump did do our Military a huge favor. Military Bearing and Self Sacrifice are the furthest things from transgenders’ minds. Pampering them would decimate military capacity and readiness.

Notice the Left never offers to fund the Social Experiments they champion nor to take such under their wing. Nope. They tweak the Military and watch to see how their little ant farm fares. Failure is then always the Military’s fault…

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Yup. PURE Cloward-Piven, and fully self-justified by the envy-driven leftist mentality.

• deanbrh says:

I seem to remember hearing there are 10,000 transgender people in the military now. I wouldn’t have guessed there are that many in the whole world. Hermaphrodites have both male and female sex organs and would logically have to make a choice that would require surgery. But Trans is a matter of “I Identify as….”, so gays and lesbians could request surgery, in which case they are then considered Trans? Am I confused?

• Maquis says:

Seems confusion is the literal goal. I can understand how folks can be messed up in these ways. I can understand the fears and the desire for acceptance. However I am concerned that the Left is using these peoples’ problems to confuse our youth, who are already confused about who they are and who they want to be.

Gays don’t want to change their bodies, just society’s view of them. They often do want to recruit by challenging kids perceptions of themselves. I find that reprehensible and destructive.

Hermaphrodites, more accurately known as Inter-Sex, range from near full dual genitalia to incertain or incomplete formation of either. They do not “have” to choose one or the other, they may, but usually it is parents that insist on this, usually when the child is still an infant.

These surgeries are frequently botched, and the early gender selection may not jive with who the child ultmately feels they are as an adult. It seems best to let such children grow up and decide themselves. Tough to do, parents worry about them being harrassed and abused, but you sure wouldn’t want to discover you chose wrong.

Another issue for Inter-Sex is how often doctors decide themselves to do some tinkering without asking, even when they are of age. The leader of an American Inter-Sex organization discovered only many years afterwards that her uterus had been taken as a teenager, even her parents didn’t know.

Transgender folks experience “gender dysphoria,” they literally feel as if they are a member of the opposite sex. It is surely a mental/emotional condition, but there are no real cures. A great many feel that surgery is the only way to be happy. There are multiple surgeries involved in many cases.

As long as they are honest about themselves after their transformation, and do not pretend to be a literally genetically complete Barbie or Ken, or get mad that their preferred potential “opposite” gender is not attracted to them, then I suppose I have no real problems with their unconventional search for happiness. Just stay out of my kid’s head, and out of our Military Barracks.

• deanbrh says:

Your last sentence mirrors my angst! Gender dysphoria was submerged in the olden days…I had a few male friends who I KNEW were “closet gays”, even though hetero-married with children.

• G. Combs says:

Hermaphrodites during WWII were REJECTED by the military. A friend of my mother was the person rejected.

• Jmkny says:

Marquis – You are right. All the transgendered would sign up for the military, demand their surgeries, and then try to find a way out of their obligation afterward. As the wife of a three-war vet (Vietnam, Gulf 1 & 2) whose family is in the military healthcare system, transgender transitioning and all the medical resources it would consume would break a barely functioning medical system military members and their families rely on. Tricare is already referred to as Try-to-get care as it is. And I’m not even talking about the dysfunctional VA.

• Okinawa Jim says:

Amen to that. we have enough problems already without being used as a test tube for experiments.

• US says:

The transvestites are just the latest edition of the Cultural Marxism wedge into our civilization. Thank you dear President.

• duchess01 says:

That’s because they are confused about (among other things) – their gender – needless to say, it is not cost effective to have transgenders in the military – too much psychological analysis/evaluation – occupational therapy – downtime – unqualified for the job – period.

If this list of disqualifiers for joining the Army is any indication – this is a no brainer –

• Minnie says:

Exactly, thank you.

I didn’t see your post before I started typing.

• BebeTarget says:

I have posted this before . . . .these transgenders (no such thing) have a pre-existing condition, a legitimate reason to deny them entrance into the military. Anyone who wants to cut off or alter their anatomy in the belief it will turn them into the opposite sex, has a mental condition that is in need of treatment. Men CANNOT turn into women and vice versa. It is time common sense and reality were brought back to the public forum.

• duchess01 says:

Agree, Bebe!

• BebeTarget says:

Thanks, Duchess . . . . . this subject went off the rails a long time ago.. When you stop and think about it, this ‘transgender’ business has to be the biggest hoax (outside of Obama) ever perpetrated upon the American people. It is ridiculous in its simplicity. And how did the population EVER get to the point where they ACTUALLY believe anyone can change their gender.

• duchess01 says:

I think it began with cross-dressing and drag queens – in addition to babies born with both parts – all in the closet – it evolved to the point where ‘imitation’ led to ‘acceptance’ – just saw a headline the other day about girls growing an appendage – why?

From dressing up to ‘designer babies’ – how could this happen – long story short – there is an evil in this world far beyond anything we could imagine – and its tentacles reach further than we want to believe – satan is playing God because he wants to be God!

12. I’d like to see a prime time, take no prisoners press conference.

13. wolfmoon1776 says:

STRONG on McMaster. STRONG. WILL. NOT. BUDGE.

No amount of wedging is gonna work. Any plans to generate disarray at this critical moment are a FAIL.

I may not like McMaster, but I like to WIN. And I think he is a part of Trump’s winning hand, and China knows it. I think we will find ChiCom hands behind the attacks on McMaster right now. The ChiComs have become extremely good at making others do their fighting.

• Minnie says:

Bottom line, I trust Mr. President ๐Ÿ‘

• deanbrh says:

The internet chatter against McMasters is so rampant, it’s nerve-wracking to trust Mr. President, but to NOT trust him would be to not trust God.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Yes. I think it’s also important to realize that Trump wants to work with a lot of people who think differently – like even his own frigging daughter – who he does NOT let influence him in any untoward way. So I’m OK with McM on that score. He’s kinda like Trump’s Patton – a real son-of-a-bitch.

I am trying to maintain a TRUE viewpoint on this debate, and not get sucked into any of the personality cults. Too many people are saying “That guy’s a nut!”, when it seems like everybody has SOME truth in the matter.

Wictor has some good ideas, but he can be dead wrong about things, and one has to be very careful to disagree with him only in the most tangential and non-accusatory ways. It’s very psy-oppy, actually, and I don’t like that angle. It’s a bit of mind-frack, and I’m watching a lot of people lose critical judgement as they crystallize on the surface of his planet. That said, he’s very observant, and a lot of what he says makes sense.

What bothers me most, is that he doesn’t even believe the Rich Higgins memo is real, and thinks the wording is fake. I can read it easily, it’s like Higgins’ video interview but written for insiders, also very rough draftish, and it basically translates as CORE (and I mean CORE) Treehouse, Deplorable, Trumpian thought.

So when Wictor starts dissing the Higgins memo as a bunch of made-up cr&p, it almost sounds like discreditation of core Trump thought to me. And THAT is weird. So in Wictor you have a guy who says Trump is like a god (Stranahan really finds THAT odd) – BUT he also claims that the idea of cultural Marxism and the actual theory of Trump is a crock of shite. W.T.F.

That smells like 100% “rapid Overton window” psy-op – you love Trump himself and he’s never wrong – now I want you to hate what he used to stand for – and here’s the new Trump that thinks differently.

Really?

Whatever. And then there’s Cernovich, but everybody here understands that. Different people hate him for different reasons. The MSM, I am ABSOLUTELY convinced, is going after him as an avenue to discredit #HillaryHealth.

Check out Maggie Haterman’s attack on Cernovich. I had not done so earlier, but it looks like she adapts MY original theory that he was getting toxic tips, in a new way – she positions it that they gave him good stuff to salvage his bad OLD stuff (PizzaGate, which is Brock disinfo IMO, and HillaryHealth). Remember – those two were what Pelley went after in his interview, and also what a more recent interview of Cernovich discredited in the journalist narration, but NOT the interview itself (a very sneaky MSM technique).

And then look at Stranahan. He takes heat for his overt Russian backing, but he is scoring a major hit on Ukraine and the Chalupa connection, and is even getting traction in Washington legal on it now. But he seems pretty over the edge on McMaster, who Trump has NO intention of getting rid of.

Breitbart is still doing good work, but MAN are they over the edge on McMaster.

Whatever – I just want to be RIGHT and find the TRUTH.

OK – gotta run. Enough pontification!
            Good night!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Maquis says:

He sure has a serious command of his position.

No misunderestimating this President.

• BebeTarget says:

You make a lot of sense Wolf, but how can you reconcile ALL the behavior, comments and history of McMaster and consider him the victim. This article is just too unsettling to contemplate. Would you see the Chicoms behind this? . . . https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10802/trump-foreign-policy

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I’m not saying McMaster is anything less than what he is. He’s a tough guy, a bit of a bully and control freak, slightly soaked-in about an inch deep with Obama PC, insufficiently wary of Islamic extremism, clueless as to its eternal emergence, not fully sympathetic with Israel (being overly kind there), and if he shoved out KT for the reasons I think he did, then he’s a sexist jerk who disrespects women and especially civilian women.

All that said, Trump isn’t hiring people because they’re nice guys. He’s hiring them because they can WIN for America.

I do not think McMaster will throw Israel under the bus. If I did, I would be off his train so fast, it would make your head spin. And bear in mind this fact – nobody works for Trump forever – or at least very few. But if Trump thinks he’s the guy – and especially the guy he needs right now – then he’s the guy.

I’ve worked for some extreme assholes with unswerving allegiance. I would have taken a bullet for Obama without a microsecond of hesitation, because the office of POTUS is a living embodiment of the Constitution. McMaster may be swampy, but I believe he is also a professional like virtually everybody else in the military, and will serve Trump to the absolute best of his ability.

All that said, I have no beef with people who want to criticize the guy. Gentle reminders that America elected Trump because a significant number of Americans know he will go to the mat for Israel and Jews, are probably educational for him, and will keep him on the right track.

And finally, this. I believe Thomas Wictor is right. There is much smoke and mirrors right now. We should not be 100% certain that everything we are reading and hearing or even seeing is exactly what it seems. I think everybody is telling the truth – but they’re telling it in ways that confound the bad ones and allow justice to proceed.

Part of 4D chess is remembering that TIME is the dimension which allows winning to occur throughout the game, and even after it is over. Trump gets that.

• Okinawa Jim says:

I think you are 100% correct. There is so much going on that we do not see. My ultimate faith is in God and that he has a hand on President Trump. Our President will make mistakes, but dont we all. He is the only one that ran that seemed to care about what was happening to our country and I am behind him to the end.

• deanbrh says:

I didn’t know KT was history. I hope another job was found for her.

• BebeTarget says:

Thanks Wolf, . . . I do agree with you 100%, especially POTUS hiring those who can win for America. THAT is where my doubts come in. McMaster’s agenda doesn’t appear to be the same as DJT’s ‘winning’ agenda. Given the personality of McMaster, I can’t see him tabling his own and advancing the president’s. POTUS already has refused to take his advice (refusing to not include the term ‘radical Islamic terrorism’ in an early speech) .. How can he trust McMaster to advance HIS agenda and win for America when McMaster’s ‘winning’ is opposite POTUS’ . . . . .perhaps it is best for McMaster to be inside the tent rather than outside? I guess I just like answers, but DJT has my complete trust.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Nothing says we can’t keep McMaster under the microscope and comment on his performance or apparent agenda. And Trump has plenty of other advisers concerned with MAX MAGA, so I agree with Wictor, who spelled out how the NSC actually works. There is simply no way for McMaster to deceive or control Trump that others could not stop.

• jeans2nd says:

“The president/CinC of the US has the constitutional and legal authority to order military action at any level that is needed to defend the US, its forces or its allies. The notion that a silent coup has occurred in the Pentagon is simply absurd.” Col (R) Patrick Lang, USA, a retired Army officer, Commentator on the Middle East, South Asia, military affairs and intelligence, with three terriers.

To Col Lang’s words “is simply absurd…”, add “…as is any U.S. military officer or enlisted disobeying a direct order.”

One may modify an order IF an unforeseen situation arises AND the order includes discretion to act in order to obtain the objective. Insubordination is not an option (but you knew this, wolf). One may rest assured LtG McMasters will follow this.

Have you read the Atlantic article on Higgins? If true, Higgins was one of the leakers, in which case Higgins should have been fired.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I only read part of the Atlantic article, and all of the one in Foreign Policy, but even that one gave me the impression that there was cause for termination. POTUS is simply in the chain of command, and routing stuff around ANY channels “personally” strikes me as impossible to reconcile with the job, if the subject matter has anything to do with the office of the President.

I don’t know which ones were leaking, but I suspect one or more were leaking, or merely “leaky” (blabbing to a dead end, but on unsecured devices). POTUS wanted to stop the leaks, and he wanted to be harsh about it. THE END.

PS – wouldn’t it have made Maggie Haterman’s day – Trump nemesis Maggie, who was watching Cernovich very intently – if POTUS and McMaster WEREN’T hard on leaks to going to “friendly” ends like Cernovich or Israel?

14. Phil aka Felipe says:

President Trump (I like the sound of it) looks very relaxed, strong and confident…like a real leader.

• TheWanderingStar says:

Phil, I agree. His demeanor is of someone who has a plan, who is executing and who is winning, winning and more winning!
      MAGA dude!

• jmclever says:

What we are seeing with President Trump is the result of all our prayers for him. I firmly believe that when people pray for you, there are things that God does for you that can be seen by those who know what to look for. The calm, confident, peaceful demeanor is not because he is growing into the presidency. It is because we pray for Our President.

15. lfhbrave says:

As usual, POTUS gave a straight answer to each and every question. No more ums & uhs

16. Lulu says:

Am I crazy or did the same reporter ask like 10 questions between the two press conferences today? What’s up with that?

17. Sylvia Avery says:

So, I thoroughly enjoyed that. A lot of times I get all tense when I watch the President speak because I know he will say something that the press will pounce on and they will use it to beat him mercilessly for days and days.

But today, I just sat back and watched with a grin on my face. The way he talks, you could be sitting down having a normal conversation with him across the table. That is how it feels. The way he meanders a bit like you do in normal conversation makes me feel like he is totally transparent. He says what he thinks. No surprises with this man. It is such a relief after the empty suit Manchurian Candidate we had previously.

I came away reassured about a number of topics. President Trump is in charge, he has hired great help, and I have confidence in their ability to execute on their plans.

And I am hating the media in advance for whatever stupid spin they try to put on this chat with our great leader that will try and make him look bad. He was awesome.

PS I have to wonder if Putin will crack a grin over the comments thanking him for helping us trim our payroll?

• duchess01 says:

PS – my favorite part of the news conference, Silvia! ๐Ÿ™‚

• MaineCoon says:

Putin: Ya know. I have to put forth a response to our diplomats being kicked out of USA by
      Zero. Otherwise my people will think I have gone soft..
      P/T: How many?
      Putin: 50…60..
      P/T: Would 450 be a good number?
      Putin: phone drop…
      P/T: What happened? Got disconnected.

• Minnie says:

Excellent ๐Ÿ‘

• mimbler says:

You know, I used to cringe when he would say something in a way I knew the media would pounce on.
      Now I’m totally relaxed because I understand they will distort what he says no matter how well he words it. It is kind of liberating; I was laughing out loud when he told the police not to bother covering criminals heads when they put them in the patrol car! Sure the media would jump on that, but if not that they would still have found something to distort and make him look bad (in their eyes only, the viewers in general know the game by now).

• Sylvia Avery says:

I guess I am finally getting used to his style of communication, perhaps.

In my former life as a management type, I was so accustomed to having to speak a certain way and to be so careful that my words were very, very measured. So PDJT has seemed like a wild man to me at times.

I’ve gradually gotten used to his style, and I’ve come to understand him better. The whole thing about taking him seriously but not literally was a big key. And I have come to appreciate his sense of humor, like the example you gave about the thugs heads and patrol cars.

He is engaging and likeable and smart. I can’t help but feel like I’d enjoy sitting down and chatting with him.

The media are idiots if they can’t or won’t see that. And you are spot on with your comment that if he didn’t give them something to stroke out over, like Putin saving us payroll dollars, they’d just find something else.

Sometimes I just have to pinch myself. It has only been six months of the greatest show on earth. May God bless and protect our President.

• G. Combs says:

“… I was laughing out loud when he told the police not to bother covering criminals heads when they put them in the patrol car!….”

Makes me wonder just how many cops had their hands injured by the criminal using his head to smash the cops hand into the door frame. The criminal has all the leverage advantage (Back and legs.)

18. fedback says:

Two brilliant press conferences by the President
    Love the way he doubles down when the media and Uniparty attack him for being to tough on North Korea.

19. Minnie says:

Per Mr. President – 6 trillion!

$6,000,000,000,000.00
    (did I even come close?)

Spent in Middle East while America’s infrastructure crumbles ๐Ÿ˜ก

Get it done, sir!!

• duchess01 says:

And – that is without the fraud, waste, and abuse, too, Minnie!

• Minnie says:

It truly is stunning.

• duchess01 says:

Two things President Trump does not like – stupid people – and – wasting money – everything he will do to MAGA – is dependent upon financing and resources.

The best part is – he knows where the ‘pork’ is hidden – where to make the cuts – and how to finance multiple projects simultaneously! He knows what is cost effective, and what it not! He knows what is value-added – and what is not – he knows what is needed and how to capitalize on it! He sees problems as opportunities – and people as assets!

If people only knew what goes into designing, planning, and finishing a new building – they would understand how his mind works – how he thinks – and why he is so successful at what he does!

Oh, Wow – Are we Blessed!

20. angela says:

Trump was ON today!

21. MVW says:

There is nothing more real than Trump in a negotiation or the positions he takes in a negotiation.

• Minnie says:

Mr. President says what he means and means what he says.

Where I come from, that’s known as INTEGRITY ๐Ÿ‘

• NC PATRIOT says:

I think we have been so conditioned with PC —that we still cringe a little by his lack of it.

But I love it and I am quickly growing accustomed to his style. I even called my grown son (who is also a PTrump supporter) a snobby elite the other day because, he didn’t like the “fire and fury” off the cuff comments, saying it didn’t sound like something a leader would say.
        I said it sounded like something P45 would say and he is like no other leader. We need to get used to it.

22. Old Lady says:

I love that man.

23. Beenthere says:

What a great press conference! Trump at his best. This press conference tells me that he is fully aware of what’s going on in the WH, nation & outside the country.

24. Lion2017 says:

Yes, I love our lion President Trump!

25. IrredeemableDeplorable says:

Classic Trump….he’s the best.

26. WeThePeople2016 says:

All of the millions the Soros group had used to pressure the GOP RINOs in the Congress/Senate against voting for Obamacare, voting for the Russian sanctions bill, etc. just went up in flames with two very informative press conferences. lol

27. no-nonsense-nancy says:

I love listening to him! He tells it like it is and doesn’t dodge questions. And he is visibly respected by his cabinet members who are there with hum. Did he mean they would be at Trump Towers tomorrow when he said they would be in Manhatten? I thought because of security reasons he didn’t go there.

28. Barry Odinga says:

Can anybody understand why is the Breitbart’s hatred towards McMaster?

• mimbler says:

There are a lot of conservatives that are not McMaster fans. I’m one of them. That being said, I assume he is successfully executing the mission PDJT has assigned him, or PDJT wouldn’t keep him. So I’m not out for his head like many. But some of the reasons reported about him that some don’t like
      1) Firing Trump loyalists while keeping obama holdovers
      2) Allegedly has list of further Trump loyalists to fire
      3) Stated Susan Rice legally unmasked people
      4) Gave her unfettered access to any classified material she had previously seen Supposedly common practice but doesn’t seem appropriate with Rice.
      5) History of negative comments on Israel versus PLO for example.
      6) Wants to expand Afganistan war
      7) Brought in Obama people on his staff.

Anyway those are some of the reasons off the top of my head. Some are debatable, some are subjective, etc. That would explain why there are those that like him and those that don’t.

• Alexsandra says:

I have no problem with any of POTUS’ choices until POTUS has a problem with them — if he’s fine with it, so am I. Why should I worry about his personnel choices when he’s the one in charge? Everything in its own time. Despite everything that has happened and gainst all the headwinds, POTUS is making excellent progress.

• ALEX says:

They have an agenda and McMasters fired their boys as It’s told..I find it hilarious either way..Reminds me of National Review during election…I don’t read any of them personally, but everyone has their favorites…

29. kpm58 says:

Has anyone seen the B52’s with the bubble windows?

30. watched the video.

Question. Why are all news reporters gay. The anchors, the talking heads. They are all gay. I have nothing against gay people, but they doseem to be over represented. And I know that this stuff is important to them. If it weren’t, they wouldn’t support affirmative action, and they do.

31. Trumpmendous says:

It wasn’t a dare, it’s a fact. Like Billy Jack.

32. That was a really good press conference; not the usual group of “journalists” i assume as they were respectful and asked good questions. I thought the coverage and discussion afterwards was also good…actually serious and mature. Maybe POTUS needs to do these more often…would be good to do them during prime time….they would have to cover it and more people would watch.. A+ all around.

33. CharterOakie says:

Straight shooter, straight talk. Damn refreshing.

34. rainy973 says:

Fake news now reporting Putin and Trump colluded to save American tax payers $.

35. georgiafl says:

Uh-Oh.

36. Donna in Oregon says:

Great press conference. Fabulous communicator.

Much better than the MSM guessing all the time, and making stuff up this past 6 months.

37. jmclever says:

I loved it when President Trump said that he was somewhat honored by the inter-White House leaks LOL. He stole their thunder just the same as when he told the protester to “go home to mommy…and your mother is voting for Trump!”

38. Charles says:

re McMaster, here is the memo written by Higgins that ostensibly caused McMaster to remove Higgins and others from the NSC:

It doesn’t use the phrase “Obama holdovers” and only uses “Islamic terrorism” once. I have read it fully. It seems like a “call to arms” for Trump to be mor epro-active and go on the offensive against the deep state.

• Charles says:

correction: I have *not* read it fully ….

• Charles says:

I should add, the document is discussed and provided here:

• Charles says:

Ok, so now I’ve read it. I’m not sue what subject material is normally considered approriate for the NSC, but assuming identify a concerted effort to deligitimize Trump and the rule of law, this document seems innocuous. It reads like something you’d find on a patriotic blog.

It calls out the conspiracy of media, academia, radical activists, partisan politicians, globalist corporations, and Islamic oraganizations to perpetuate false narratives and pseudo-publicity (he seems to mean “fake news”) that undermine and obstruct Trump.

He describes the “battlespace” as:
      “Battlespace. These attack narratives are pervasive, full spectrum and institutionalized at all levels. They operate in social media, television, the 24-hour news cycle in all media, and are entrenched at the upper levels of the bureaucracies and within the foreign policy establishment. They inform the entertainment industry from late night monologues, to situation comedies, to television series memes, to movie themes. The effort required to direct this capacity at President Trump is little more than a programming decision to do so. The cultural Marxist narrative is fully deployed, pervasive, full spectrum and ongoing. Regarding the president, attacks have become a relentless 24/7 effort.

While there is certainly a Marxist agenda and even lslamist motivations that must be seriously addressed in their own right, these motivations alone seem inadequate to explain the scope and magnitude of the effort directed against the president. The economic drivers behind the Marxist and Isla mist ideologues are enormously influential and seek to leverage these ideological movements for their own self interests. While beyond the actual scope of this document, the benefactors of these political movements include; Urban Real Estate who depend greatly on immigrant tenants, International Banking who seeks to maintain US debtor status so as to control the application of American power, and elements of the business sector that depend upon immigrant labor or government infrastructure. The overall objective of these economic forces is the forced urbanization of the populace, thereby necessitating a larger, more powerful government. In summary, this is a form of population control by certain business cartels in league with cultural Marxists/corporatists/lslamists who will leverage Islamic terrorism threats to justify the creation of a police state.”

The highlighted text hints at what Sundance has termed “trillions of dollars at stake”.

The author summarizes the types of narratives being pushed:
      โ€ข “President Trump is illegitimate”
      โ€ข “President Trump is corrupt”
      โ€ข “President Trump is dishonest”

โ€ข “Russia hacked the election” – illegitimate
      โ€ข “Obstruction of Justice” – corrupt
      โ€ข “Hiding Collusion” – dishonest
      โ€ข “Putin Puppet” – treasonous

The author (Higgins supposedly) concludes:
      “End State. Attacks on President Trump are not just about destroying him, but also about destroying the vision of America that lead to his election. Those individuals and groups seeking the destruction of President Trump actually seek to suffocate the vision of America that made him president. Hence, the end state is not just a delegitimized, destabilized, immobilized and possibly destroyed presidency; but also a demoralized movement composed of a large enough bloc to elect a president that subsequently become self-aware of its own disenfranchisement.
      CONCLUSION.
      The recent turn of events give rise to the observation that the defense of President Trump is the defense of America. In the same way President Lincoln was surrounded by political opposition both inside and outside of his wire, in both overt and covert forms, so too is President Trump. Had Lincoln failed, so too would have the Republic. The administration has been maneuvered into a constant backpedal by relentless political warfare attacks structured to force him to assume a reactive posture that assures inadequate responses. The president can either drive or be driven by events; it’s time for him to drive them.”

All in all, I don’t see why McMaster would think this “firing material”, unless he a) doesn’t believe it, or b) doesn’t see the subject matter as somethng the NSC should be studying.

• BebeTarget says:

I agree, Charles. . . everything that is alleged going on against Trump is correct. An absolute ‘fair warning’ . . . . I don’t know enough to comment on the collateral information. But knowing POTUS read this memo, makes me very comfortable.

• Charles says:

From a McMaster “cheerleader”:
      “LTG McMaster is not an Obama spy trying to undermine the Presidentโ€™s agenda. When he fired people last week it was because of keeping the integrity of the office he runs. A staff member canโ€™t fire off an unvetted memo bypassing the chain of command, which was what happened in at least one case. This shows disunity and dysfunction in the White House. President Trump needs his NSA to have a single strategy โ€“ not a shotgun blasts of opinions.”

Don’t know if Higgins’ memo is the case mentioned as having been circulated “unvetted”. The way to vet something is to circulate it and get feedback. Maybe the vetting process got “leaked”???… idunno.

But no, President Trump needs his NSA to present multiple, workable strategies, not a “one size fits all”. I wrote earlier elsewhere that maybe one of McMaster’s problems is that as a military commander, he is striving for too much “unit cohesion” and not enough “improvise, adapt, overcome” initiative thinking. McMaster’s job (in my uneducated, outsiders opinion) is to channel his staff’s diverse views into researching all options to discover what is or could be workable and identify the contingencies that make some ideas workable or not, but McMaster’s ought not stifle options he personally doesn’t like.

A unit that is cohesive in a single strategy, is a unit that is fractured when multiple unanticipated (or dismissed) attacks arise.

39. US says:

Thank you amazing Sundance for bringing real news to US. I have donated to Donaldjtrump.com recently and think it I should time to donate something for CTH again for it is the same fight, which we must win.