Republican Senate Blocks President Trump From Recess Appointments…

And remember, there are some people who think the “UniParty” isn’t real. Meanwhile, republicans led the way in the Senate to initiate a rules process blocking President Trump from recess appointments during the upcoming Senate break.   The pro-forma session process requires all Senators to agree to the rules maneuver; they did.

There are over 100 Trump nominations awaiting confirmation from the Senate.  The Senators will not return until after Labor Day.

WASHINGTON DC – […] Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), doing wrap up for the entire Senate, locked in nine “pro-forma” sessions — brief meetings that normally last roughly a minute.

The Senate left D.C. on Thursday evening with most lawmakers not expected to return to Washington until after Labor Day.

Senators were scheduled to be in town through next week, but staffers and senators predicted they would wrap up a few remaining agenda items and leave Washington early. (read more)

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Legislation, media bias, Mitch McConnell, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

845 Responses to Republican Senate Blocks President Trump From Recess Appointments…

1. jdvalk says:

A primary rationale for this breaks is so congressmen can get back to their constituents and get their feedback. Time for visible and vocal feedback.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

The actual reason for the holiday is the career politicians are lazy leeches who want some time off from their mistresses in DC. The Republicans don’t care what their voters think as evidenced by the healthcare fiasco.

• stiv says:

I guess they don’t have time with all the work they are doing to read their mail.

• Lois says:

The Republicans are so terrible now, right in league with the communist democrats? Ryan, McConnell, poor leaders, trying to make Trump look bad. TRUMP SHOULD FIRE MCCONNELL’S WIFE RIGHT NOW, Trump should not be working with McConnell’s wife, she’s probably the leaker? She seems anti-American to me! Why would they all vote against Trump about recess appointments? The Republicans are ruining our country right along with the stupid, low-class, racist, ignorant communist democrat party. They are all full of it, Ryan, McConnell should stand up and speak loudly and every day for our President that we, the people, voted for! Those 2 Ryan and McConnell are working just for their own asses. I agree they will go to hell. They should not be in government along with the Clintons, the democrats who say they are socialists, that Maxine Watters, she sounds like a real dumb bunny to me, spewing dirt is the only thing that comes out of her mouth. We have had enough of that racist woman hag. She is filth.

2. Neural says:

Eternity in hell is too good for these people.

3. maiingankwe says:

Please let me know if I’m wrong in my assessment. I went to, thoughtco.com and did a search on ‘pro forma’ since I didn’t know what it was.

Article II, Section 2 of our Constitution states that the President is allowed to make recess appointments while congress is in recess or adjourned. So, a pro forma essentially allows to make it look like they are still in session by having a representative or senator preside over a pro forma session where there is usually no one else present every three days. No bills or new legislation is allowed to be reintroduced during these and only lasts a few minutes gavel to gavel. In holding these it somehow stops the claim they are not in session even though no one is really there. They are all on vacation or visiting their constituents. (Wonder how many are going to face their constituents this time around?).

Pro formas are usinally held by the minority party. Really? Okay.

In 2012, obama did not take kindly to this and went and made recess appointments anyways. When the senate returned, the dems passed them through since they held the majority.

I had mentioned last Thursday that murkowski got a bug up her skirt and claimed to her constituents and the media that the Secretary of Health had called her up and threatened her and her state with economic hold backs from the President if she did not vote accordingly on the skinny health bill. (Big fat lie). So, she took it upon herself to cancel the time slots in which she would preside over six people from being confirmed in the Interior and I believe energy as well, not sure on the last one. So to me it is quite telling she is the one holding these pro formas. I don’t know if it has to be the same person or if it can change every three days, but no matter, she is doing the first one. And I am angry as all get. So angry, I’m spitting nails. An amazing feat and talent I have right now.

So even if our President did it anyways, he wouldn’t have the republicans to okay them when they returned. Wow. Talk about a big slap in his face by his own damn party. They are getting out of control. I wonder what they know that we don’t? I’m thinking our President does though.

I know it’s sad that I didn’t know what a pro forma was, but I sincerely doubt if I’m the only one here, and I’m sure there are millions more. I so wish we knew more of what our senators and representatives do. I probably learned about it in civics class and had forgotten, but still, it’s no excuse to be so blind on what the people we voted in do on a regular basis.

Thoughtco.com may not have all the answers to my questions, but at least it’s one spot I can learn from. If anyone has any other links they’d like to share, so I can start learning more, I would greatly appreciate it. I really need to up my game.
    Ma’iingankwe

• jdvalk says:

But of course, if he did and they refused to act on them, that puts the heat squarely on them. No “we’re protecting Sessions” spin…

• mikeyboo says:

jdvalk, good point.

• Lois says:

Sessions now thinks who he is, because Trump hasn’t fired him! Why is Kelly telling Sessions that his job is safe, after what Sessions has done along with that ugly, mean-spirted Rosenstein? Because of Sessions there is a special prosecutor who is showing utter disrespect for our President and system of government. He should be recused as he’s a close friend of Comey for years? And Mueller gets away with breaking the law regarding that friendship BECAUSE THE REPUBLICANS ARE LETTING MUELLER DO IT TO TRUMP! WHAT A BUNCH OF PHONY LAW-BREAKING POS this Ryan and McConnell, Mueller, Rosenstein, Sessions, and others are. TRUMP SHOULD FIRE SESSIONS, ROSENSTEIN, MUELLER IMMEDIATELY NO MATTER WHAT THE UPROAR THEY SAY WOULD BE! IT COULDN’T BE WORSE THAN THIS! AND BESIDES, WHY SHOULD TRUMP HAVE MUELLER, ROSENSTEIN, SESSIONS, RYAN, MCCONNELL HAVE IT OVER ON HIM WITH THIS PHONY WITCHHUNT? FIRE THEM NOW TRUMP. LET THERE BE AN UPROAR! STAND UP TO THESE LIARS AND CROOKS OF THE SWAMP! if you fire them, you will win your second term without doubt! These Republicans and Democrats are trying to scare you by telling you not to fire them and that there would be an uproar. It would be fine, you are the President, not them! And if so, take it to the Supreme Court and they will throw it out in a minute or two. Go Trump, don’t let these phony, two-faced MF’s win this battle. They started it, not you, and you should finish it. They think they are so smart, they are nothing but a dirty swamp!

• Kroesus says:

SCOTUS ruled that each house determines whether they are in recess and found Bammy’s recess appointments illegitimate…….Trump should just call a special session of Congress for 4 items to be completed——1) health care (repeal is the desired outcome here) 2) tax reform (reduction in personal and business taxes) 3) debt ceiling increase (must be done by 29 Sep according to Mnunkin) 4) official budget passed for signature by 30 Sep as required by law….if these traitors want to play games trump should keep them in session until they do their jobs

• libertysc2016 says:

Yes – POTUS should call an emergency session until necessary work, like the budget, is complete. Congress will throw a fit but I am not sure it will change their behavior. I mean it seems pretty clear that these folks are just beyond the pale.

• maiingankwe says:

I didn’t know it had been put up to SCOTUS and had been ruled on. Did the president ignore them and keep them on anyways? It’s okay, I’m pretty interested in this case, I will look it up and read on it.

Thank you for letting us know, and I think it would teach them right in getting them back to work. The People are angry at them and for good reason. It would do them good to return even though I doubt if they will get anything done. At least it will ruin some of their vacations like they are ruining ours. I’m sure there are a great deal of families who could not do their family vacations due to aca and increased insurance premiums and deductibles. They are truly nasty people.

• Orygun says:

I am astounded that the people of the State can’t recall their elected representatives. The last I heard the congress critters made themselves employees of the Federal government so the State citizens no longer had control over them other than the ballot box.

Losing the ability to recall our representatives is a huge blow to freedom and government by the people.

I looked through my State’s statutes and constitution when Obamacare was rammed through but I think the only people who would have a chance are the R States of accomplishing anything.

The Senate is completely out of control by the people as I see it. They are content to just wait us out.

• Indimex says:

You’re not the only one. Thank you for looking it up and explaining.
      Hillsdale college has superb online courses on The Constitution. And they are free.

• maiingankwe says:

Thank you for admitting the truth. It’s not easy. I think it’s different here though, we don’t get attacked for not knowing or understanding. They actually want us up to speed and on the same page they are, which says a lot to me.

Thank you for the reminder, I keep forgetting about their great classes, which are free!
        Stay smiling,
        Ma’iingankwe

• Sure; go to TacticalCivics.us

4. Unfortunately the lying, conniving, cowardous GOP have us between a rock and a hard place. If we vote them out by allowing the dems to get in, they will start impeachment proceedings. If we leave them in, we get more do nothingness. A revolutionary war was fraught over far less tyranny.

• Sedanka says:

The current GOP will likely start impeachment proceedings themselves.

Trump might as well start a new party at this point. In order to do a hostile takeover there has to be SOME people of quality to work with at the company being taken over. The UniParty appears to have NONE. No olive brances are ever accepted, none of them care about being on a winning team with Trump, they only want to be in total control of everything themselves even if it kills America.

• Sam Gallo says:

Sedanka, you make a good point. The Republican Party did not put Trump in office. So, if he was to form another party while in office, the RINOS that are left, are not lost because he never had them in the first place, And I bet a large percentage of the sittings Republicans would follow Trump.

5. TigerBear says:

The ENEMIES OF AMERICA and AMERICANS …….Just RAISED THEIR COLLECTIVE UGLY HEADS!

NOT ONE OF THESE SENATORS SHOULD BE REELECTED, PERIOD!!!

• TimeIsNow says:

Nice thought, but cannot work that way. Only a few of the RNC senate seats are up for reelection in 2018, but lots of DNC senate seats are up. The way it works is we target some of the worst RINOs and NeverTrump Senators and Congresspeople, and the ones who are most vulerable, and use them as a lesson. Also, build an insurgent base to start getting rid of even more people against the agenda in the future.

These people do not want to get kicked out of office even if given good outside jobs. It’s power folks, not just good money.. We need to start building a pro-Trump base on state levels from here on out.

• TimeIsNow says:

This is all likely a very long term game, and we need to stick it out.

Yet, the Uniparty could decide to burn it all down, and they are pushing it. They need to watch what they wish for, as traitors will be treated as traitors if this goes hot. I’m hoping they are just arrogantly saber rattling and bluffing. They will reap the whirl wind if they keep going.

• You are right TimeIsNow. This is going to be a very long term game.

It has taken a long time to get us to this point, we can not turn things around quickly.

We need to plan carefully and long term.

This fight to get our Liberty back will not be over for quite a while.

As a grandmother of 12, I am not sure I will be alive to see the victory, but I hop so.

• Gueppebarre says:

The Article V convention of states to propose amendments designed to countermand the leaders of this coup d’etat is looking more and more necessary.

6. David says:

I am Israeli and love Trump.
    The hard reality is that it will take a long term strategic planning to replace the opposition from within in order to save America. Winning the elections was only one big step. Reality.

7. The Boss says:

When your pimp tells you to whore yourself, that’s what you do. Right Mitch? Whose bitch are you today?

8. redtreesquirrel says:

There are 100’s of Dems coming up for reelection in states that Trump won. 2018 is the perfect time to vote new Republicans to the House and Senate. Those Republicans who are up for reelection need to be repealed and replaced during their primary. It’s really not that complicated.

We don’t have a viable 3rd party and I don’t think we need one. We just need to replace the ones we have in both parties to keep them from becoming entrenched by special interests.

President Trump needs our help! Let’ DRAIN THAT SWAMP!

• Kaco says:

Totally agree, just like the General when I was screaming at the Never-Trump voters to not throw their vote away on Johnson, or God forbid, that McMuffin dude, they didn’t listen. We can’t split the vote now. Primary the baddies.

• sunnydaze says:

Exactly. Primaries!

Time to start a new Party is AFTER we get Trump re-elected in 2020 and a batch of new Trump/American-supporting Senators voted in, from 2018 and on.

Then they can all leave the R Party together and any lingering Dems can join up with the GOPe. If we play our cards right, Dem Party will be gone by then, IMO. And the GOP will be in tatters.

9. History Teaches says:

The Republican party are for more treacherous than the Democrats. Remember right at the beginning of the primaries how they agonizingly did everything they could to prevent candidate Trump from crashing their little party? “Loyalty oath”? Who else has ever been so shunned and unwelcome in a so called democratic process?

The Democratic party are pure ideological enemies. Radically hostile and evil, but it’s all up front and obvious. They look for the frailties and smear every Republican. That’s pure power politics in a tradition they have mastered. But ironically, if citizen Trump was on their side he would have been welcome and all their criticism of him as a person would never even enter the equation. He was a pretty good guy to them when he donated to their side in the past, and chummy with those who took his money.

The majority of the Republican party see Trump as potentially destructive off their private world. It has been a nice comfortable ride to riches emulating the Washington Generals and playing the role of controlled opposition. Put on a show now and then, spout platitudes, take a few crumbs thrown their way as ‘victories’ and gaze at their navels in debates about the purity of their ideological philosophy. Meanwhile Rome Burns as they fiddle in their pacified stupor.

Day by day it is becoming more evident that they are reaching a breaking point. To their view, Trump crashed their party, stole the silverware and is making them work for substantially important things. No room to hide or plead helplessness. The Republicans are existentially far more threatened because it is they who have to answer to the leader of their party. Who they hate personally, professionally, ideologically.

Not all, of course, but a pretty sizeable chunk of them, who are where they are by playing the conventional political game and grovel to donors and power brokers.

More and more I don’t see this ending well for the President. Traitors on his side, evil sharks on the other. His closest allies bombarded non stop with media and personal attacks. Even Superman was vulnerable to Kryptonite. All is not lost, but the tide will have to change dramatically to even get this first term completed with any degree of momentum.

10. TexasDude says:

The GOP appears to be going the way of the Whigs. If the Dems were smart, they would stay fairly quiet and let Congressional GOP eat it’s own. They can weather Trump. End result would be a weakened or non-existant GOP.

I have voted Republican for almost 30 years. After Trump, if the GOP continues it’s fight against the President, I will never vote Republican again.

Matter of fact, I do not know who I would vote for because no party represents me anymore.

• libertysc2016 says:

I am inclined to agree with you. I support Trump and the Republic. Consequently, I am opposed to the deep state/uniparty criminal cabal that has grabbed control of our government. They want investigations – let us give them what they want. Given the seriousness of the situation, we probably have to consider extraordinary means. But we need much of the leadership needs to answer questions and in a public setting.

• mikeyboo says:

I feel the same way, Texas Dude. I switched my voter registration to support Trump but I now hate the Republicans with the same white hot flame.

• gerkenstein says:

1 million dittos here.

• mimbler says:

After Trump, unless he successfully transforms the republican party, I think we will have to view our voting duty not as voting for who we like, but voting against the more odious candidate.

And make no mistake, as much as I despise GOPe, the dems truly are multiples worse. Yes they both share the core values of the uniparty, but the dems hate America and will destroy it if given power.

11. Godzilla says:

Nullify the 17th amendment by calling for an Article 5 convention of the states. Under the original Constitution the Senate is supposed to represent the state governments, not the people of that state. That is the purpose of the House. It won’t take that long and is a permanent fix. Wanna bet that’s been PT plan all along?

12. TimeIsNow says:

I firmly still believe things are still going well, and that Sundance’s cold anger is still the way to go. The Uniparty sometimes seem so desperate that they are willing to burn it all down, but i believe it is mainly a frantic bluff. Could be wrong…,cornered rats and all that.

If they try to seriously impeach PDJT, or destroy his family or his main people, it will burn completely down, and they will go with it. None of their underground escapes, and moves to New Zealand will work. HA,HA,HA!

13. nobaddog says:

Its become so clear even the democrats should be sickened. Were not represented by the people we elect. They become part of the club and live happily ever after. PT has his hands full. This is an impossible task. I give my loyalty to PT and none of the critters.

• omyword says:

Yesterday, when all the bad news about a grand jury and as the senate prepared to defy the constitutional process and to further the agenda of a soft coup against the president and we the people, this happened over the white house.

?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonexaminer.com%2Fdouble-rainbow-appears-above-trumps-white-house%2Farticle%2F2630599

14. sere says:

ponder… if Sessions were still a member of the Senate, would he have agreed with the rest?

15. Delilah says:

👊 #MAGA

How to Completely Fund 60 Primary Challengers without Breaking the Bank:
    ———————————
    $1 campaign:

There are 60+ million Trump voters. If each of us contributed just $1, that would be $60+ million.

The average price of running for Congress is $1.5 million.

If each one of Trump’s supporters sent just $1 to our candidates, they would have 60 times more money than they would need. $1 is all you need to do your part. You can feel good knowing that you’ve stepped up to the plate to help take back your country! Send more if you have been blessed, but it is the duty of each of us to at least send $1. Help spread the word!!
    ——————————–
    OUR CHALLENGERS:

*Kelli Ward challenging Jeff Flake:

(Jeff DeWit is also a challenger, but right now, we’re hoping that he takes McCain’s place)
    ********************

*V.A. Shiva challenging Elizabeth Warren

*Paul Nehlan challenging Speaker Paul Ryan

*Mo Brooks challenging NeverTrumper Luther Strange

*Michael Faulkner for Comptroller of NYC (Will help to limit De Blasio’s budget)

*Corey Stewart challenging Sen. Tim Kaine

*Josh Mandel challenging Sen. Sherrod Brown

*Kid Rock challenging Debbie Stabenow (Has NOT formally declared yet)

*Omar Navarro challenging Maxine Waters

*Anthony Sabato, Jr. (Waiting on him to get his Web page up and running)

*Lou Barletta (Trump endorsed) challenging Bob Casey (D)

*Tony Monetti challenging Clair McKaskill

*Lena Epstein (Trump loyalist) challenging Debbie Stabenow

16. dustahl says:

Anti Trump people might be compared to Tories, not America First, and Trump supporters as patriots . I see a connection as history repeats itself but with a twist. Globalist Tories, America First Patriots

17. georgiafl says:

Heh! Hope this starts a trend and snowballs!

• AmericaFirst says:

This is close to what I was thinking: Would there be a way to “claw back” what is paid to the Senators who fail to do their jobs and instead go on vacation? I think I read here at the Treehouse a few weeks ago that at current rate it will take 11 years for President Trump to get all of his nominees confirmed. That is NOT doing the peoples’ work.

Failing that, perhaps have an America 1st Congress critter – if one exists – propose that, for every House member or senator who receives anything of value, whether trips, monies, gifts, etc., for anything OVER AND ABOVE their $174,000 salary, that that amount over (and yes, I know they would all receive more than that in a year), goes back into the US Treasury, or, alternatively, to the WALL. They already sell us out: Why should we pay them?

• AmericaFirst says:

Should be a class action.

• Ivehadit says:

GaFl, ^^^^This^^^^

• Dixie says:

GF, a link from gatewaypundit was posted by psadie at the end of the presidential thread. I found this comment on that site:

John said: I called the original reporter who broke this story and left a message asking if he could ask Mr. Heghmann if he would consider making it a class-action and, if he will, I will hire a marketing company to get the word out. I left my number and hope to hear from Mr. Heghmann next week.

I think we need to get really serious about this and if it goes class action, we need to look into it. I have no idea what is involved in a class action lawsuit…….

18. Susan says:

Maybe a pay reduction due to lack of
    Work days. This is not allowed by
    Other government employees.

19. john says:

I do not like feeling helpless. These gentlemen have crossed a line with me. I am also dismayed by some of the comments. Sometimes it is better to sit quietly and contemplate. Arguing if paying your taxes or not as a protest and then clutching our pearls when the thought of the IRS chasing us is brought up. Are you serious?

We are witnessing the dismantling the will of the people by a group, a conspiratorial group of uni party self serving bandits. We are worried about petty taxes while they are stealing our country?

I am pretty sure I could hear the groan emanating from the grave of Paul Revere…shame on us if we allow this treason. How dare they thwart our will while they go on recess. I sense a let them eat cake moment.

No more subsidies until they return in the fall. Period

20. TexasDude says:

To mimic Obama … “Let me be clear ..” Uggh – hate that line.

With Trump, the GOP has done a lot of good. Who knows how it would be if the party united behind him.

Trump is showing the GOP how to fight the Dems, invigorate the economy, show powerful world leadership, and it is done by mainly force of conviction.

The problem you have is that Congress has it’s inherent power structure and if you do not kowtow to their whims and desires, you are shunned and opposed. Freshman Senators and Representatives know this all too well. What we have seen, though, are a few GOP Congressional leaders get butt hurt by Trump and it is their mission to obstruct and deny no matter the result. It appears that even supercedes party.

The Tea Party was targeted by Obama’s IRS and by the GOP in Congress. When Ted Cruz and Sessions (Cruz was the front man) shut down the government over Obamacare, Cruz was villified by the GOP.

During the campaign, time and time again, GOP folls like McCain stated they will check Trump to make him stay in line.

The GOP, though, is in danger and do not seem to see it, refuse to see it.

There is a reason Trump won.

21. 4sure says:

I wasted my time watching the Sessions Pep Talk w/swamp critter Coats and never trumper rosenstein. It was nothing more than an amateurish pep talk. Nothing new was stated. Absolutely nothing! Should have sent Miller out to do this clown show and then let him take on the fake news. Would at least have been entertaining.

22. chick20112011 says:

I have never seen anything like the attack on all fronts of a President. I’m flabbergasted. No leakers during Clinton, Obama, I’m assuming because “snitches=stitches” (or death) under those regimes.

• mimbler says:

I worked 17 years for the fed government. It is inherently democrat (not totally, but mostly). So Clinton and Obama took over institutions pre-disposed to treat them favorably.

They also ruthlessly purged those that didn’t support them.

It’s far steeper uphill climbing for PDJT.

23. Ivehadit says:

Get on the phone and call the senate if you can. EVERYONE OF THEM. Let them know they have crossed a line. Let them know they are despised. Let them know they have made it crystal clear who they represent. 202-225-3121.

24. Ivehadit says:

If the senate keeps this up….

• Old Ez says:

I believe JA is on the right track, but he hasn’t judged that train by American standards. Comparing the American reaction to that to the ongoing mess in Venezuela is like comparing getting ran over by a bullet train to stepping out of the way of one of those two man see-saw carts you still see in the movies. Outside the urban areas, Americans still have balls for sport, guns for hunting, and gitt-er-dun attitude.

It won’t be a whole lot of standing around shouting and holding signs mixed in with a little smoke, a few rocks, and maybe bottles. It won’t even be a bunch of screaming, looting, and burning down the businesses of innocent people.

When we have to go to Washington to straighten this mess out, it’ll get straightened out hard, fast, and ugly.

25. scott467 says:

The move, which requires the agreement of every senator, means the Senate will be in session every three business days throughout the August recess.”

________________

Then they better return to Washington every 3 days.

The Senate can’t be “in session” if there’s nobody there!

Pence can be there.

He can make any motion he wants as president of the Senate, and with no one to vote against him, he can cast his own deciding vote and pass whatever measure the president wants.

26. Publius2016 says:

The liar from Alaska will be in DC most of the time – The people in Alaska should tar and feather her for lying!

27. Ncrdbl1 says:

If they want to play that game. Then they had better be prepared for a quorum call every three days and if one does not exist. Be prepared top be called back into special session. Senate rules cannot circumvent the Constitution.

28. I didn’t catch the part how they were going to amend the constitution to do this ? That would be required I believe ? Otherwise it just the “press” reporting on the “press”

29. omyword says:

According to the US constitution, the POTUS has the RIGHT to make recess appointments. To convene the senate in this manner is an act of infringement of the constitution and the rights of the executive branch. POTUS needs to immediately appeal to the SCOTUS for remedy! The reason for this is POTUS is going to have to fight. This is all part of the so called “soft” coup. Nothing soft about it. Look isolate your target and marginalize your target, then remove your target. The game is afoot and I would say by October??? We may have serious consequences for POTUS and we the people. The uniparty, aka the swamp in 2010 and 2014 used the election process to slap Americans in the face. I live in the Philippines, but I am from South Mississippi. I remember Thaddeus Cockaroach stealing the election from us. We are still P I S S E D! My concern is with 3 or 4 people in the admin.
    Kelly: Isolating the president from his advisors (Isolation)
    McMaster: Opposing POTUS in his foreign policy and firing Trump loyalist, over and over. (Believe he was recommended by John Mcsongbirdcain.) (marginalization)
    Sessions: The recuser in chief. (enabling and abetting.)
    McCabe: Why oh why hasn’t Wray fired this guy?

• Dixie says:

They are all dragging their feet.

• deanbrh says:

The supreme Court already ruled on this, I think in 2014, but maybe wrong year. they have to have congresspeople go into the chambers every 3 days, ro day the congress is still in session. Takes 2 people a few minutes, every third day thru-out the recess.

30. Mary Whetzal says:

So the Senate, i0n essence, is blocking Mr. Trump from doing his job trying to fill his open cabinet positions so he will have a fully functioning organization to work with when they all return from recess. Ridiculous. It seems we have some people in Congress who have outlived their usefulness and not doing their job. They need to retire and let Trump staff his cabinet so he can do his job to MAGA.

31. Ree Fungorio says:

God these people make me sick!