Reports: HR McMaster Entirely Safe as National Security Adviser…

After spending 72 hours looking specifically at the motives of those pushing almost identical paragraphs including the catchphrases: “holdovers”, “purging loyalists“, “unfettered access” and “Caroline Glick“; it comes as no surprise to hear the administration perceives the anti-McMasters crowd as having “jumped the shark”… “reached too far”, and  “exposed their agenda” etc.

Ironically HR McMaster appears to be safer than ever in his position as National Security Adviser not specifically because of anything he has done, but as an actual outcome of the piranha approach taken by his detractors.  The severity of his opposition’s group-think actually exposed the common denominator.

“General McMaster and I are working very well together.  He is a good man and very proIsrael. I am grateful for the work he continues to do serving our country.”

~ President Donald Trump, August 4th, 2017

HR McMaster might not get the Afghanistan policy outcome he prefers, but his position as NSA appears safe; and we won’t have to go to war against Iran to appease his opposition.  This looks like a genuine win/win/win.  Bannon wins on Afghanistan policy; McMaster wins on Iran policy; America-First wins because we’re not going into another war in either Iran or North Korea.  Perfect.

WASHINGTON […]  John Kelly, Trump’s new chief of staff, has told McMaster he supports him remaining as national security adviser, Politico reported, citing two unnamed senior White House aides.

After Kelly started Monday, McMaster ousted Ezra Cohen-Watnick, the senior director for intelligence programs at the National Security Council, and the latest ally of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn to be dismissed from the White House.  (read more)

Also, the President weighed in directly in response to an inquiry from the New York Times:

President Trump defended Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, his embattled national security adviser, on Friday in the face of a full-bore campaign by the nationalist wing of his political coalition accusing him of undermining the president’s agenda and calling for his dismissal.

General McMaster has angered the political right by pushing out several conservatives on the national security staff and cautioning against ripping up the nuclear agreement with Iran negotiated by President Barack Obama without a strategy for what comes next. His future has been in doubt amid speculation that Mr. Trump might send him to Afghanistan.

But after two days of unrelenting attacks on General McMaster by conservative activists and news sites, complete with the Twitter hashtag #FireMcMaster, the president weighed in to quash such talk. “General McMaster and I are working very well together,” he said in a statement emailed to The New York Times. “He is a good man and very proIsrael. I am grateful for the work he continues to do serving our country.”

A senior White House official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe the president’s views, added that Mr. Trump has “total confidence” in his national security adviser. (read more)

China and North Korea policy working smoothly.  Economic Diplomacy – No war.

ISIS is on their heels and the Freedom Alliance is strong against Qatar. Diplomacy – Less War.

Syria slowly working down, Russia going along; Iraq stabilizing and Afghanistan likely following Erik Prince approach. All equals lessening War.

Now we just have to figure out how to pay for it all.

Enter Steven Mnuchin, Wilbur Ross and Robert Lighthizer…

Keln has a great perspective:

[…] The Deep State, Political Establishment, whatever-you-want-to-call-them, have since the moment President Trump started getting his staff and cabinet picks into place, been systematically attacking each and every one of them. From Flynn to Sessions to Bannon to even his own sons and daughter.

They leak from “anonymous sources” to the media complex, who then print it. A narrative is setup…not necessarily that said member of Trump’s team is bad or anything, but that said person is really “a swamp rat”. Various “pro-Trump” denizens of social media and regular media, from bloggers to Fox News to radio hosts to YouTube personalities to prolific Tweeters push this narrative endlessly, inviting Trump supporters to get on board with the latest member of Trump’s team to get outraged about.

All without any actual proof of course. Proof, evidence, is one thing. But rumors are better. Conjecture is more appealing. OMG Trump is surrounded by enemies in his midst and if we don’t cry out about it, he’ll never know!

This is the Establishment’s game. They want us to not trust in Trump. They want us to be suspicious of anyone in his circle. They want us to eat our own because they cannot defeat us directly. We’re too strong for that, so they want us to defeat ourselves.

It reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode “The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street”. Look it up, it’s a good episode. A happy neighborhood is suddenly tossed into a situation of suspicion and utter chaos as a result of a power outage and some rumors from a comic book. They turn on each other, neighbor on neighbor, believing each other are an enemy. That each other are aliens in fact.

During all of this, the real aliens are watching in their spaceship in awe of how easily these people can be turned against each other using a simple thing like messing with their electricity.

Science fiction to be sure, but the psychology of it is very real indeed. And Trump’s enemies are using it against us.

Every time I see someone railing against Sessions, I hear the Deep State talking. Every time I see someone talking about McMaster being some swamp dweller, that’s the Deep State talking. That’s CNN and the WaPo, and yes, even Fox News talking.

They want to isolate Trump. They want to put him on an island. They want to tear down any kind of team he can put together, so that he is powerless to do anything. And they can’t force that themselves. No, they need us to do it for them. They need us to demand his people are fired. They want us to believe anything his people do are against us and him.

Is Sessions ineffective? I don’t know. I don’t work at the DOJ, so I don’t know what all he is doing there. The wheels of justice are very slow, something I do know, and I can at least accept that is why I haven’t seen widespread arrests yet. But I don’t really know what is going on behind the scenes.

Is McMaster a swamp creature? I really don’t know. I’m not on the security council. I don’t know the man personally. I have not been involved in discussions between him and the president. I have no way of knowing if he is trustworthy other than that the President chose him.

Are his staff or his cabinet untrustworthy? Again, I don’t know. I have no reason to believe one way or the other. Because I am not in the meetings. I am not privy to the President’s thinking or plans. I have no access to any of the departments, nor know what they are working on or planning. I don’t know what goes on in any of their heads.

I, like many of you, cannot discern exactly what is truth and what is mere conjecture, and what is flat out lies. Because like most of you, my source of most information comes from a media complex that has been proved time and again to be deceptive. And like most of you, I am not a part of any inner circle that actually knows what is going on.

But I trust Trump. I trust our President. I trust that he is capable and intelligent enough to know who around him he can trust. To know when he should fire someone. To know how to use people that might actually be opposed to him in a way that benefits him, whether they realize it or not. I trust that Trump knows far more than any of us does. And I trust that he has the instincts to navigate the Swamp without our help or “concerns”. That all he needs is our unwavering support.

I trust President Trump. Do you?

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Donald Trump, Economy, ISIS, Islam, Israel, media bias, Military, N Korea, President Trump, Russia, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Syria, Uncategorized, US Treasury. Bookmark the permalink.

499 Responses to Reports: HR McMaster Entirely Safe as National Security Adviser…

1. frank field says:

Sessions keeps his cards close to his chest. I hope they are going to bury Hillary.

2. SaguaroJack says:

I have serious doubts about McMaster.

• Ned says:

The more I read up om McMasters the more concerned I am that he is NOT being fired. While I am not privy to closed door meetings etc. in my reply below are PUBLIC STATEMENTS made by McMasters and from sources close to the situation. This is what any journalist and reporter used to write opinion articles. I am not a journalist or a writer but I have a brain, use it and see a pattern here I don’t like.

• Deplorable_Vespucciland says:

Welcome to the club Saguaro.

3. Ned says:

I have MORE questions than ever about McMasters.

1. McMaster blocked Ayaan Hirsi Ali from speaking to NSC and meeting Trump: “Islamophobic”. Why? I have heard her speak. She is a former Muslim and understands what Islam is about.
    Ayaan Hirsi Ali was schedule to present a paper on radical Islamic terror at the National Security Counsel before being blocked by H.R. McMaster and his recently appointed Senior Director of Counter-Terrorism, Mustafa Javed Ali.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who was in town to present her work to the Senate, was also prohibited from visiting the President during her White House visit, where she was allowed to meet with select members of the NSC in an informal setting. I personally listened to her Senate testimony as the swamp yawned their way through it.

2. McMaster calls Israel “illegitimate,” “occupying power”
    How can anyone call this statement by McMasters as PRO ISRAEL?
    That is how Obama referred to Israel.

3. McMasters fires pro Israel Trump loyalists.
    The list of pro-Israel voices in the administration that were removed from McMaster’s National Security Council now includes:
    Steve Bannon,
    K.T. McFarland,
    Ezra Cohen-Watnick,
    Derek Harvey,
    Rich Higgins,
    Adam Lovinger, and
    Tera Dahl.

4. It has been stated that McMasters twisted Trumps arm to RECERTIFY the Iran agreement Obama made. That is blatantly absurd to recertify it! Iran is constantly breaking the agreement. Trump promised he’d rip it up and consider renegotiating it when he campaigned. What changed besides Iran blatantly violating the Obama agreement? It seems clear to me McMasters is following the Obama agenda.

Do I trust Trump – YES BUT wondering why he is keeping McMasters on?

• Delilah says:

You trust Trump but…. (They say you can ignore everything in front of the word “but.”)

However, you do choose to believe Jordan Schachtel. You remember him, don’t you?

Surely you remember that NeverTrumper, right?

He’s one of the Breitbart editors who resigned from Breitbart over the fake NeverTrumper Michelle Fields’ fake claim that Corey Lewandowski assaulted her.

• Israel IS an illegitimate occupying power. Moreover, they have been conducting a slow motion genocide against those who lived in that land before the Balfour Imposition … erm “Declaration”. That includes not letting hospital and food relief ships dock.

Knock it off and wtfu.

Look at the modern history of Israel with an objective eye and the evidence is all there.

Look at it as somehow STILL being some “chosen people” and you will never see it. The Jews murdered Jesus. Get over your loyalty to Judaism and let your loyalty return to the United States.

• JCL says:

Bill, as a Christian my position is we all murdered Jesus. He died for our sins – “for the wages of sin are death” – He paid the penalty and said “It is finished.”
        Onto geopolitical matters, Israel is, to date, our best ally in that region. They are a shining example of modernity, and they are hated and under attack – and they will defend themselves.
        Onto critical differences of faith, I understand that a majority of Israeli Jews despise Christians. They believe we want to convert them – and we do (I make no effort despite the Great Commission). I understand that that offends them. I also believe that our loyalties lie with U.S. first.

• Sherlock says:

“Bill, as a Christian my position is we all murdered Jesus.” He died for all of us, and for our sins. He was not “murdered” by all of us.

• Bill in Lexington,NC says:

Although he willingly gave up his life, the Jews were not trying to cooperate with prophecy … they were actively trying to kill him for two reasons 1) apostasy (look it up before replying) and 2) the challenge he posed to their political power (the Bible comments on their concern about the people following him and not the Pharisees).
          Since they were not >trying< to fulfill prophecy, the murder is still on their heads.

What Jesus gave those who accept it as a free gift, cannot be counted against them … only those who drew his blood for their own selfish purposes are charged with that weight.

Now, here's the good news for Jews: those who accept the ransom sacrifice as applying to them are no longer charged with the murder (subject to 18 Ezekiel). However, this applies to individuals and not to an entire people, as the earlier designation of "chosen".

• Ploni says:

“The Jews murdered Jesus.”

How original of you!

• JCL says:

Thank you for that JW link. This is shocking!

4. ihaterats says:

DJT is getting lousy advice from somebody. That person(s) need to be identified at once.

I doubt you’ve heard of Chris Cornell, front man for Sound Garden, or Chester Benington, front man for Linkin Park. Both popular singers were longtime friends,happily married, and fathers of several children .A six or so weeks ago, Cornell was discovered in a room of his home allegedly dead of suicide. It rocked he music world. Then, about 3 weeks ago, Chester was found dead in a room in his home also dead of suicide. I ran across a couple articles that reported both men were working together with a government agency to expose pedophilia in the music business and Hollywood. What agency, CIA?

• Sherlock says:

You know, I have yet to see a credible article that contains the line “…was about to blow the whistle on…”. They just never have good solid reporting, sources, and rarely if ever from a credible, proven outfit with a track record of truth. Anybody can write and claim anything. Where were your two articles run?

5. NJF says:

Thank you Keln. Every once in awhile, ok maybe more often than that, I need reminder of the big picture.

6. hammerstamp says:

Know them by their deeds.

7. Delilah says:

We want to be friends with Israel, not their pet. But it looks like too many people like to be on the wrong end of the leash…..

8. Tom Johnson says:

Trust A Jones or this site? Opposite views on McMaster.

• Anchored says:

Do you actually think Alex Jones has info about McMaster (or anything else) that Trump is unaware of? Or the other “InfoWars” stooges like Roger Stone and self-proclaimed (and now anti-Trump) “national security reporter” Mike Cernovich?
      Puhleeze.

• Prisoner says:

Some of the info on McMaster is known fact. The rest of it seems credible. That is the main point here, not who knows what. McMaster being safe is just another deep state report. Trump praises people before and after he fires them. I suggest site readers attempt to understand what McMaster is and not be pulled into a false sense of patriotism towards the man.

• Anchored says:

“Known fact?” Doubtful. Reported from “sources” who aren’t named and/or who have their own agenda. We either believe that (a) Trump is being trumped or is just perhaps clueless, or (b) believe that he is orchestrating his staff exactly as he wants them to be for his own purposes.
          To me, an active duty general who has served brilliantly in 2 anti-Muslim terrorist conflicts deserves a “sense of patriotism” — and giving it is not “false.”

• Tom Johnson says:

Your protest is so intense that it casts doubt on itself.

• Delilah says:

Why do you believe a guy that threatened to blackmail POTUS twice and says he’s not even a Trump supporter? https://twitter.com/Gingrich_of_PA/status/893535630759784448

9. NJ Transplant says:

I still don’t like Susan Rice having security clearance. I don’t care if it is a courtesy. She is under investigation for unmasking members of the Trump team. I’m sure what she did is much worse than just unmasking. What kind of administration spies on the incoming transition team and leaks a slanted version of the information to the press?

• bliss3609 says:

Why does anyone have a security clearance after leaving their position! It should be ended immediately upon vacating their post. They can be subject to bribes, intimidation, etc. …. Too many people with access to information that they really don’t deserve or need anymore! Unbelievable how lax our government is!

10. InTime says:

Anyone Bill Kristol supports and the establishment supports is NO friend of DJT. And besides, there are rumors, that statement was made without DJT’s approval…..and the reporting is coming from NYT and Politico…really? What is the difference between InfoWars and the NYT and Politico or even WaPo?