Looks like the suspicions many people had were correct.

It was announced tonight that Senator John McCain is diagnosed with Primary Glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer.

It appears from the reporting the initial operation removed cancerous tissue (a tumor), not necessarily a ‘blood clot’ as originally reported, and clear margins were achieved.  Unfortunately this type of cancer can quickly spread to the brain stem where the primary function of respiration can become quickly affected.

(CNN) – Sen. John McCain, 80, has been diagnosed with a primary glioblastoma, a type of brain tumor, Mayo Clinic doctors directly involved in the senator’s care told CNN exclusively. The doctors spoke directly to CNN Chief Medical Correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

The senator underwent surgery to remove a blood clot on Friday at Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix. Lab results from that surgery confirmed the presence of brain cancer associated with the blood clot.

Glioblastoma is a particularly aggressive tumor that forms in the tissue of the brain and spinal cord, according to the American Brain Tumor Association.

A pathologist was in the operating room during the procedure, a minimally invasive craniotomy with an eyebrow incision, said his doctor, who added that the surgery lasted about three to four hours. Post-surgical brain scans show the tissue causing concern has been completely removed.

[…] McCain is now recovering at his Arizona home. He and his family are considering treatment options, which will likely include radiation and chemotherapy, his doctors said. (read more)

It should be noted that chemotherapy has almost no reasonable way to offer a positive treatment outcome.  The process of chemotherapy itself is only possible because the blood brain barrier protects the brain from the effects of chemo itself.

Because of this inherent and natural physiological defense system, when dealing with a brain cancer traditional chemo-treatment most often cannot get to the source of the rapid cellular compromise caused by the growth of cancer.

Our thoughts and prayers are extended to the entire McCain family.

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Election 2017, Election 2018, media bias, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

735 Responses to Senator John McCain Diagnosed With Aggressive Form of Brain Cancer, Primary Glioblastoma…

1. JuntaCopter says:

John McCain was the best Middle-Eastern war salesman the Israel Lobby had. It will be interesting to see who takes his place. Dopey-faced Paul Ryan is the number one contender if you ask me.

• Derek of Florida says:

Marco Rubio.

• Ned says:

AZ. has a Republican Governor. In AZ the Governor can APPOINT a successor until a special election can be arranged. Kelly Ward would be IDEAL. He narrowly bet her. She is a firm Trump supporter. Of course McCain would have to resign to allow that.

Now we will see what McCain puts first. His country or HIMSELF. He needs to STEP DOWN. This would be a distraction and by year end he will be gone anyway. We have too many serious votes coming up and he will not be thinking clearly as usual. At least there is another reason for that… I suspect he will put himself first and continue to wreak havoc in the Senate and block Trumps agenda at every turn. He is a NEVER TRUMPER. That Russian dossier that he went to great lengths to get and circulate was a disgrace. His statement that Obama was a “better President” than President Trump is also horrifying. That was recently stated.

From FOX news:

Patients with this aggressive form of cancer face a grim survival rate.
      About 4 percent of patients over age 55 live for five years.

McCain’s doctors managed to remove all of the tumor that was VISIBLE on the brain scans, but surgery is hardly ever enough. Glioblastomas plant MICROSCOPIC ROOTS THAT GO DEEPER into the brain tissue, making the tumors aggressive and hard to target.

Standard treatment following surgery includes a combination of chemotherapy and radiation, which can take weeks to months. Even among those who respond well to initial treatment, the cancer can come back, often within 12 to 24 months.

McCain is a long-term survivor of melanoma but doctors classified this new cancer as a “primary tumor,” meaning it’s not related to his former malignancies.

• Amy1212 says:

JM has only one option to give him the best chance of survival – that is submit to treatment at the Burzinski clinic in Houston, TX. Dr. Stanislaw Burzinksi is the ONLY physician to have cured a patient with brain cancer. (Watch the movie, “Burzinski” – available on Netflix or Amazon). McCain has had previous bouts w/ cancer. If one has chemo or radiation as part of the cancer “treatment”, that patient has a recidivism rate for a re-occurrence of 90% with an even more aggressive cancer. If that same patient gets a 2nd bout w/ cancer, goes thru chemo or radiation, the recidivism rate for another cancer is 100% with an even more aggressive form of cancer. No surprise that JM’s brain cancer is described as “particularly aggressive”. The numbers don’t lie. Dr. Burzynski fought the FDA’s lawsuit against him for nearly 15 years when it tried to steal his patent for a cure to cancer. He won. Watch the Burzynski movie. Here is Dr. Mercola’s link to information. The movie is available on this link as well.

• My father died of a glioblastoma. Once you have symptoms and it’s diagnosed, it’s too late to treat. My father’s doctor gave him three months to live, and he died almost exactly three months to the day. There is no treatment or cure. It is a death sentence. But at least you can spend time with your family, say goodbye and make proper funeral arrangements. McCain should resign from office immediately and allow the governor of Arizona to appoint a conservative senate replacement who will support our President. Then, next year, Jeff Flake needs to be primaried so that Arizona finally can send two conservative senators to DC to support President Trump. McCain was a heroic POW fifty years ago, but became a POS when elected to office, including the “Keating” scandal of the 80’s. A true swamp creature of the first degree. Liberals and the media will sorely miss him, as he was the useful idiot maverick who would attack the conservative “wacko birds” in his own party, including his president. I feel bad for his family, but better for the country, after he is gone.

• As a side note, McCain is a veteran, but was able to choose the Mayo Clinic for surgery rather than a VA hospital since as a Senator he has the best insurance taxpayers can provide. I guess he thought that he would get better care at Mayo than through the VA system he once oversaw as senate chairman of that committee. And no one would know that better than Senator McCain.

• Correction: McCain was never a member or chairman of the the Veteran Affairs Committee. It was the Armed Services Committee. But I stand by the fact that he knew where he would get the best treatment, and it wasn’t in a VA facility.

• lokiscout says:

Well stated, pretty well sums up my feelings also. As a fellow Vietnam vet I always admired and respected what he went through in the war but I could never agree with his politics. Two separate lifetimes, two separate John McCain’s.

• V.Lombardi says:

Consider reading alternative views of McCain’s service. If you do, you may conclude that his service matches his Congressional career. I did.

• Mr. T. says:

As a Veteran and fellow citizen, I do NOT respect McCain, either as a POW, or as a Congressman and then a U.S. Senator. Many of his fellow POW’s nicknamed him “Songbird McCain”. He’s not the hero everyone thinks he is. Also, here in Arizona, when McCain was attending various functions around the state, he gets hammered by VETS, asking him why he’s not doing more to help our Nation’s Vets. McCain’s response at times, “You got a paycheck and medical care while you served, what more do you want?”.

McCain is an arrogant son of a bitch. He doesn’t give a damn about our state or the voters, all he cares about is his personal agenda, which includes servicing his puppet masters who sell military hardware to our government, to Donahue, the asshole who runs the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and even to his buddy, George Soros. McCain is NOT a conservative or even a patriot. He’s a war mongering jerk. Even today, that SOB thinks he’s coming back to the Senate. Yeah, right. The type of cancer that he has is very aggressive, doesn’t respond to chemo, and has a 4% survivability rate for those above 55 years old, and that’s only for 5 years or less. He’s done. Best thing he could do is to resign/retire, and go enjoy whatever time he has left with his family. He won’t. The SOB think’s he’s going to live forever. He also acts like he’s the POTUS. He’s not and thank goodness he never was.

• dayallaxeded says:

I pity da fool, but will be glad to see him out of any kind of power very soon. I really hope songbird will take his trills home to his nest, where he can spend time with family and try to get his earthly and spiritual house in order before he runs out of chances to get right with the Lord.

• Billy Dunn says:

Two thumbs up MARKa3
          You are spot on.

• Jedi9 says:

Very well said! The country will be much better without him and he should put spending time with his family first! His days are numbered!

• Old Codger says:

Feel bad that he has to go out this way, but he OLD!
          To live is to eventually die; ain’t no way any of us get outta this world alive!
          Yes, we’ll see if he’s more loyal to his country or to himself.
          No, he was NOT an heroic POW; he was a collaborator with the NVA. He hoped no one could locate his old propaganda radio broadcasts, but someone did!

• V.Lombardi says:

McCain does not have the grace to step down. He owns the position. He will let America down once again, and will miss key votes if need be. I recall he idolized Kennedy when he would not step down though incapacitated.

• freedom says:

Very well put. ‘McCain does not have the grace to step down’. Grace was never in his vocabulary and his recent alliance with Obummer and the Syrian rebels has more than a whiff of treason. I, too, feel pity for his family, but will be relieved when he is gone from the political arena.

• All American Snowflake says:

Some call it kabuki or bizarre theater; but puppet is more Westernnized.

• RG says:

Let me first write that I am always sorry when older people face difficult and life ending illnesses, however, Christ died a horrible death, and many people go out of this world with a lot of suffering too.
        That said, McCain has long been overdue for retirement and I suspect that there a are many more seniors in DC who should follow suit. I don’t have to name them, you know who I am talking about.
        After the age of 75, it is time to go have fun, sit in a rocker, read all those books you never had time for and if politics has you addicted, become a political consultant. But, we don’t need law makers and mentally unfit people making choices that affect our country and our future.
        Yes, I realize there are some fully functional “old” people out there but they are usually stuck in there thinking. Look around and show me one that can reason and think with an open mind. Show me.

• georgiafl says:

DO NOT blame Obama’s and Hillary/Huma’s Arab Spring cr4p, McCain’s war-mongering arms-donor ownership and their ISIS arming perfidy on the Israelis.

• Mr. T. says:

That’s right, the Israelis had nothing to do with it. However, McCain sure gets along well with his Muslim donors, including Saudi Arabia. He even met with some of the ISIS members in Syria. Looking at the photo of them together, he sure looks like their friend.

• JuntaCopter, antisemites like you, have to bring up Israel in every discussion on any subject. Rot in HELL.

• BigMamaTEA says:

I too, must send my thoughts and prayers to the entire McCain family. The type of cancer he has, will more than likely take him within 12-18months even with chemo and radiation.

But, since I’m an “only human political activist”…….I must get just this one meme out of my system…….

2. Katherine McCoun says:

Sad that his leaving the Senate is triggered by this tragic health situation. Tragedy for the McCain family. I am sad for any and all families going through such an ordeal and a loss of a loved family member. I lost my own mother to a similar situation. As a Christian and a daughter I feel nothing but sympathy and compassion for him and his family.

As an American, I feel appreciation for his service in Vietnam, overwhelming respect for his experiences after capture and absolute relief that he will no longer be an active Senator in DC, muchless taking trips to other countries doing who knows what kind of deals. Due to his current harmful political policies, esp his deep state hawkish behavior in the ME, his absence from the Senate will be a blessing for our country.

I hope he resigns quickly and ends his life well, peacefully and with his family.

On a side note, reishi mushroom extract did help contain and slow my mother’s tutors in the brain to the point the medical staff found the results unusual. Was not a miracle but did show significant results. She passed earlier than necessary due to a prescription foul up rather than directly of the cancer which had spread to her liver, weakening it and it was this unable to handle a med that she should not have been given. I share to emphasis that No one will think about the health of your loved one as much as you do. So many details that med staff can’t keep it all straight. Ask questions and speak up. Take ownership of your own health and treatments.

• Excellent Comment @ McCain. Wise side note!
      Condolences.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Excellent post, Katherine. My condolences to you and your family.

• Katherine McCoun says:

Thank you both fir condolences. It has been 9 yrs but I still miss her so much. Just 2 days ago I though, “I’ll tell Mom about that…” Or “won’t Mom like this/think this is funny..” Or “I need to call Mom..”. Gets better with time, I have gotten used to a new normal but never stop missing her!

• webgirlpdx says:

I know what you mean, Katherine. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of things I need to ‘tell Dad” about. It’s been 7 years now since he entered heaven. But we can be happy each day knowing that they are very happy up there.

• Carol says:

That is so true as to wanting to share things and then all of a sudden, we realize and remember they are gone. My Mom passed in 1987 and I still want to tell her things I think she might be interested in knowing. You were very close to your mother and so was I and I think that is especially true for us. My mother also had cancer of the liver and kidneys and there was no hope to stop the disease, it was too far along when noticed. I was just discovered with breast cancer but it was small and removed. I go today for a visit to the follow-up med doctor specialist and in a week, to the oncologist. Cancer is scary, even with my own minimal experience. God bless you and thanks for being such a wise person and kind, even thought many dislike McCain, he did serve our Nation and everyone has something good in them, not always seen at first. I wonder how long this cancer has been disabling him, maybe that is a large part of us actions.

• Kaco says:

I just did the same last week, thought about calling Mom, it’s been 7 years for me. My sympathy to you and to all those who have lost their loved ones.

• 17CatsInTN says:

Likewise. Mine lived with me the last 4+ years of her life. She’s been gone 8 years now, but I still will see something in the store I’ll say, oh mother would LOVE that and want to get it for her because she loved BLING! And there are times when I still listen for her and have to step back and remember she’s no longer with me. Time does heal, but you never stop missing them.

• fuzzi says:

I used to call my mother every evening after I got home from work. The first few years after she died were really hard. I found myself often reaching for the phone to share something funny that happened to me but then realizing she wasn’t around to call anymore. It’s been over 20 years, and though I still miss her, the pain is no longer there. Time does not heal bereavement wounds, but can reduce the feelings of loss.

• dayallaxeded says:

Condolences but thanks, too. I kinda thought I was a little nuts, ’cause I think those kinds of things about my long-gone grandparents pretty often. They were such wonderful people and we were super-close. Wonder how it suddenly got so dusty in here? Gonna have to hit the eye wash station.

I hope McShame’s family will be able to remember some good stuff about him and not have feelings toward him like I do. I can’t be very encouraging or sympathetic to his “friends” since that would include Al Baghdadi, various terrorists, and war mongers/profiteers.

• 1IreneFlick3 says:

I’m sorry for your loss. My dad’s terminal gall bladder cancer was cured with a supplement I found him made from rice bran fungus. Instead of a week to three weeks, he had eight more, cancer-free years.

• Ned says:

I can only agree with this:

“…absolute relief that he will no longer be an active Senator in DC, much less taking trips to other countries doing who knows what kind of deals. Due to his current harmful political policies, esp his deep state hawkish behavior in the ME, his absence from the Senate will be a blessing for our country.”

The problem is he intends to RETURN to the Senate. He is a selfish man and puts himself first. I hope he reconsiders…

As for your Mom, I am so sorry. It is painful to see someone you love go through that.
      Wise advice too! Always do you own research. All any doctor can do is offer an opinion!

Our family is coping with Mom’s 5th-6th stage Alzheimers. My Mom was diagnosed at 4th stage about a year ago. It appears to be rapidly taking over but you can never be sure. It can linger at a stage for years. There are seven stages and they over lap. Just the other week, she lost the ability to taste food.. She stated it tastes like she is eating nothing. She can discern temperature of food but it has no taste. Other parts of her persona are fading away. Recognition of us is less predictable.

It’s a horrible disease with no cure. The human brain weighs 3 pounds. When done with Alzheimers it weighs one pound and completely erases the person and functionality.We don’t have the resources for 24/7 care, so we all pitch in to help my Dad and it’s difficult. I can only hope as she progresses, she has a lovely dream and goes to heaven,

• mcclainra says:

Ned, prayers for your family and your mom. Alzheimer’s is a terrible disease, probably as it progresses, worse for the caregivers. My mom had pretty bad dementia, which is also terrible.

And I agree with you about McCain. He is very selfish, and has been since Vietnam, after which he should never have been pardoned for his treason. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone, but does not make me like him any more, and hope he will resign, or be replaced by AZ gov.

• suejeanne1 says:

Ned, my Mom and I did the same thing, trudging with my stepdad 24/7/365 so that we could keep him at home, with people he knew – dear Dad was diagnosed with dementia – probably Alzheimer’s, the neurologist said over the years (2000-2015) but Mom and I did not think he really seemed to have Alzheimer’s because he would remember Mom and me –
        the only pill he took was his Namenda – sometimes, in the later years, when he would start to get in a wound up situation, we found that if we handed him a (small, plastic) glass of beer, it would take the edge off – he would settle back into his chair and you could see him being sprung free from the clutches of an anxiety – we thought somehow the hops or the protein in some way helped whatever it was cycle on through his system and on its way –
        we also found that when he was roaming around and around the master bedroom, turning on the Jacuzzi heater switch, turning on and off lights, rattling the door handles (eventually pretty loose), we found we could seem to help him out of that “trough” (we called it) by taking him back into the family room/breakfast table and giving him a nice hot bowl of oatmeal (which he loved – or sometimes scrambled eggs) – it might even be at 1 in the morning but it made him content (he was not eating as much at dinner as he used to, so we wondered if he was actually looking for something to eat as he made his rounds).
        The dear darling made it to his 98th birthday on August 28, 2015. The next afternoon, a Saturday, he was sitting in his recliner between the two of us and we did not expect it, but his breathing changed and then dear God took him – no hospice or any extra medications, not in the middle of a horrible night, not sedated or anyone but his dear little self.
        We were stunned and a dear friend of my Mom’s came over right away – it was very hard to comprehend but we were grateful – so grateful – he never had to go to a scary place and get into lots of trouble for turning on and off the lights.
        Many times, in the middle of the night – as we would get past a rough few hours and things would settle down again, Mom and I would say a prayer for other people going through the same thing surely, somewhere – and doing it all alone for their loved one –
        Mom started reading the Bible every day on her Kindle and I did the rosary, sometimes in bits and pieces, as we were getting through things with Dad.
        So many times as I took my turns with Dad, so that Mom could go and sleep, sleep, sleep – many things repeated, but as I went down into the depths of exhaustion, it became so much easier and lighter when I embraced every word and repeated story as brand new and gave acknowledgment, he would gradually relax and then squeeze my hand and laugh in his inimitable way that made me very much doubt that he had Alzheimer’s.
        Prayers and appreciation from us as members of this solidarity of people who don’t know each other but are trudging through nights, loving and treasuring a good person.

• suejeanne1 says:

I am sorry that somehow my spaces between the paragraphs are not there, so it is all glommed together, makes it worse

While I am popping back in here, Mom and I – in our prayers for our fellow trudgers in the middle of the night, we would ask dear God to give them a puff of wind in their sails, to help them through whatever they were doing or trying to do at that moment, in their determination to help their loved ones who are afflicted with dementia –

now we do not have Dad and so we are not up all night as we used to be – but that is part of our prayer routine now, to ask for “an extra puff of wind in their sails” – whether for President Trump or the brave people confronting ISIS.

• My grandmother died of brain cancer in 78…she was 76, it was USSR and doctors refused to treat her because she was “over the hill”…She had a huge tumor on her forehead, and she would look at it in the mirror with a horror in the rare moments when she was herself…But everything in her behavior was like Alzheimer’s…It was all over in 6 month. Right before she died of heart attack she was in her clear mind and was horrified with her condition…I am sure that McCain would not be able to return to senate, because brain cancer is very similar in outside behavior to Alzheimer’s…But he will not resign, by simply being not an honorable man.

• auscitizenmom says:

How horrible for your family and your grandmother. We have already questioned John McCain’s mental abilities lately, but I am sure you are right about him not resigning.

• LULU says:

Keep a notebook. Note everything. I helped a friend with a dreadful rare cancer some years back. That “diary” became very important as he moved from doctor to doctor to radiologist to oncologist to microsurgeon.

• Concerned Virginian says:

Katherine
      My condolences to you and your family. Went through similar experiences with both my parents. I had to make the critical decisions for their care and in the end, to sign the papers to turn off the ICU machines. My other siblings just couldn’t deal with it.
      What I learned:
      Everyone needs to have a signed Health Care Directive (Living Will) with copies to the person who will make the decisions if you cannot. Same with a Health Care Power of Attorney.
      I agree—get as informed as you can about your health issues and tell your surrogate TO DO THE SAME.
      You’re NEVER really “prepared” for a loved one’s death. It’ll still hit you like a ton of bricks. The sadness can go on for years. Please don’t let the sadness drag you down.
      If you believe in God, a Supreme Being, a Divine Force, some other higher Power, or even just in the human spirit, you know that the human spirit/soul never really dies away when the physical body passes. The spirit still exists but in the world after this one. Doesn’t mean you employ “mediums” to “communicate” with the one who has passed on. For example, every time I see a rainbow, I can still hear my late father say to me,”When I go, I’m going over the rainbow.” To me, it’s Daddy saying that he’s OK.

• 17CatsInTN says:

I had a similar experience with a rehab center. My mother lived with me her last few years and during the last couple months, she cycled through pneumonia 3 times. I’d take her to the ER, they’d monitor her for a day, put her on meds and she’d return home, She’d be better for a week or so, then the whole thing would start up again. Third time I said, ok, let’s get her in a rehab with regular breathing treatments and care and give her body a break from the cycle and time to recover.

First night after she was admitted, I went after work to check on her and stopped by the nurses station first to get a report. “How did her breathing treatments go?” “Oh, she didn’t have any.” “Why not?” “Well, she didn’t ask for any.” I blew sky high. I said, “She is 88 YEARS OLD. She has been extremely ill for TWO MONTHS. She has DEMENTIA. SHE. DOES. NOT. KNOW. TO. ASK. FOR. A. TREATMENT. That is YOUR job. THAT is the reason she is HERE.” I was furious. I got her out of there two days later as it took that long to set up hospice at home. She was gone 5 days later.

To this day I get livid even thinking about it. Would she have recovered? Who knows. Maybe not, but their inability to do their job certainly exacerbated her already fragile condition. I’ve since forgiven them because I needed to for my own peace of mind, but gahhhhhhhhhh!

• dayallaxeded says:

Sympathies and empathies for those troubles–I’ve become so disgusted with the “industrialized” medical systems in my area, I avoid them in every possible way. Only in the event of significant trauma will I go to see them. Illnesses, I can treat better myself, using common sense and good research skills. Best doctor I ever had (a WWII vet who went to Johns Hopkins undergrad and medical school–one tough dude), once prescribed a shot of whiskey, as needed, for cough and discomfort from a flu-like illness. When I looked at him a little funny, he said, “What do you think is in cough syrup? At least get something that tastes good!” I continue to follow his advice, with overall very pleasant results! There are no more doctors like him–been looking for 20 years.

• Bill W. says:

Well put, Katherine, I also share, best to you, yours, condolences, too.

Thanks for the added observation regarding the mushroom extract, not surprized, but good to know of the specific.

• Midwest Mom says:

Spot on comments. I remember meeting him in person after the POW’s came back. Ross Perot hosted “Dallas Salutes” to the POW’s at the Cotton Bowl. He was sitting in a car after the program was over, as standing was too difficult. It was an honor. While I didn’t like how he comported himself politically I do admire him for his service to our country.

• MaineCoon says:

Very nice post KM. Good advice regarding staying on top of one’s medical situations.

My mom passed 6 years ago. She was my best friend, my spiritual mentor, and, she was my mom. The grieving was so very painful for so very long. It was not unusual for me to have the thought driving home from work “I’ll have to call mom …..”. We talked most days.
      I still miss her greatly. I thank God that her ‘advice’ still comes to mind giving me guidance. I thank God for giving me that mom. My life has not been the same since her passing. It’s like driving and coming to a stop sign and having to choose which way to go now. I thank God every day for my blessings, but she was my greatest one (besides Christ).

3. NoeliCannoli says:

I will be very surprised if McCain has the grace to step down. I expect that he will try to do Senate work part-time while his health deteriorates, further impeding the President’s agenda. I hope that II am wrong.

• Ned says:

I believe you are RIGHT! McCain will probably see himself as a hero of sorts, trying his best to sabotage President Trump’s agenda. McCain is either very confused or very corrupt.

• Concerned Virginian says:

NoeliCannoli
      I agree with you. Sen. McCain believes that HE is the “Shadow Real President” and will do all he can to interfere/defeat the administration of President Trump up until the very last minute, even if McCain has to do it from the hospital.
      AND in addition I am firmly convinced that McCain has ALREADY chosen his “successor Shadow Real President” and is instructing him/her how to “carry on” the McCain “legacy” of obstruction/interference.
      God forgive me for saying this. McCain is facing the end of his life coming at him.

• V.Lombardi says:

You are correct. McCain is all about McCain. He always has been, always will be. All it takes to really understand him is to read.

4. Blade says:

Well I’m sorry for his mother, as no parent should ever have to outlive their child. Beyond that, I’ll take the Fifth.

While everyone is being so Christian and charitable, shed a prayer for the Arizona Governor instead, asking the Lord to grant him the strength to *resist* the onslaught of pressure to appoint a “centrist” or a “maverick” like St. Juan. Indeed, I wouldn’t be surprised if McCain is already plotting to pick his own successor so he can haunt us beyond the grave.

We do not want to fall for the sympathy trap and wind up with Meghan or Cindy in that seat! ( this is exactly what worried some of us about that recent announcement of her joining the Trump administration because that looks like a stepping stone ).

• JMC says:

Re: The McCain women taking over John’s senate seat, I think you’re spot on. He will not resign, I predict, unless one of them gets it. Otherwise he’ll occupy the position but not participate and just stink up the place even though absent.

• V.Lombardi says:

Fine then don’t resign we can wait for the governor to appoint an actual patriot/ conservative.

• Maquis says:

At some point my prayers for him to leave the Senate may become, less charitable, if he refuses to do the right thing, or pushes a really wrong thing, i.e. Sympathy Spouse Senator, which is as UnAmerican an act as, well, as John McCain would approve.

Sigh.

• suejeanne1 says:

Does Senator McCain have a son who he would “dub” to step into his job, if it was in his power to do that?

5. Peter says:

God has his own way around cleaning out the swamp. Feel sorry for the man, not the politician.

• Ned says:

Unfortunately you can not separate the two. McCain is a wayward politician.
      I feel more sorry for the the people that suffer under the policies that hurt our country that he advocates.

6. sobriquet4u says:

The unfortunate John McCain is the worst kind of narcissist. They are never “sorry” because they perceive themselves as perfect. Also I’m sure he believes he has never done wrong therefore he will never ask for forgiveness. He will allow others to do that for him as he thinks of ways to disrupt heaven.

7. brschultz says:

God Himself is impeaching McCain. Turn your hearts to Christ Jesus Alone politicians or far worse will happen to you as well as hell awaits McCain unless he repents and surrenders his life to Lord Jesus Christ.

• PDQ says:

pray for his salvation…I agree.
      and for the rest of congress…

• Ned says:

I can pray for that but I can not praise someone like McCain.
        His lack of character has been on display not just through his policies but also WHY he was kept alive in VN. His dad was a high ranking admiral.. Many would have loved to have been beat up over being tortured to death but they had no high ranking family or connections. You don’t get the nickname Songbird for being a patriot. How other military men were killed with his plane accident and he covered up hundreds of military men still captive in VN.

When he returned he turned his back on his first wife and kids. How he treated his first wife and kids when he saw his former model wife, in a wheel chair and left her to party with the elites tells me more about him. He did nothing for fellow Vets on the “permanent waiting list” or get concerned about their care of lack of care. He ignored it and headed ht committee for it! It just goes on and on and on.

The only thing I will do is pray that he repents so eternity will be heaven.

• V.Lombardi says:

You touched on a few fully accurate aspects of his life. There is, of course, no evidence whatsoever that he was tortured. The 2 top US officers at the prison said they saw no evidence. I take their word, and the word of others at the prison, rather than the word of a spoiled brat son of the commander of US forces in the Pacific.

8. cohibadad says:

Yeah., there is no glioblastoma cure, at least when I last checked. I’ve seen them completely resected surgically, dissolved away with gene therapy or other novel treatments, and back 100% in 3 weeks. Radiation and chemotherapy offer little help, maybe a month. There is a 50% mortality at 1 year. People who survive the diagnosis have usually been misdiagnosed. Repeated resections help less and less. It doesn’t metastasize, it just grows into vital brain tissue until the patient is debilitated and dead. So he must have had a bleed into the tumor. The center of glioblastomas develop necrosis, and GBMs are noted for their abnormal vasculature which is prone to bleed.

• R-C says:

The spouse of a close relation of mine didn’t last 6 months with this exact form of cancer. “Aggressive” is right.

As for me, I won’t shed a tear for a man whose vindictive, vicious streak has caused us all so much grief. Karma.

• cohibadad says:

yeah. It is a very sad disease when it’s someone you care about, though I feel no remorse for this man. At his age 6 months would probably be a typical life expectancy if it is frontal lobe. If it is something deeper, less than 6 months.

9. cbjoasurf says:

I honestly believe that God brought us President Trump to save this nation, our way of life, and, to ensure that Christianity has at least one safe conclave left in this otherwise increasingly heathen world.

I also believe that this affliction that has befallen Mr. McCain is Gods way of dealing with someone who has done wrongful anti-Christian deeds against all of humanity with his shady dealings and war mongering.

I feel sorry for his family having to suffer through this, but, not for this man. He is reaping what he has sown and I hope in these trying times he is able to make peace with his creator.

• Ned says:

cbjoasurf you put it much nicer that I. I completely agree with you!
      I too hope he makes peace with God and I will pray harder for President Trump and out nation. I am hopeful that God is giving us a second chance.

10. redtreesquirrel says:

I’m thankful that God has made this decision for John McCain. I see His wisdom in it. We are receiving grace by it. I will continue to watch for signs that God is leading the way, protecting us and ultimately giving us our country back. When God is for you, no one can stand against you.

11. webgirlpdx says:

I guess all I can do is join many of you in actually not saying what I really feel about this man. I’ll leave it up to God and his mercy.

Also, like many of you, we lost a loved one to brain cancer two years ago….our beautiful, strong 27-year-old son/law. The Treatments are grueling so my hope is that McCain will have the grace and dignity to resign and spend the remaining months he has left with his family and those who care about him.

12. JBrickley says:

Not a fan of Senator McCain but I wouldn’t wish a Glioblastoma brain tumor on anyone. I know two people recently with the same and it’s terrible. One died in a few months and the other just had a second surgery where the tumor grew back with a large cyst in the brain. Multiple rounds of radiation and chemo had almost no effect. There is an experimental treatment at Duke University where they inject Polio virus into the tumor and that is much more promising. But it’s still very high risk.

Ted Kennedy & Beau Biden both had a Glioblastoma. Survival is maybe a year and a half.

13. imalulu says:

Well…I am going to make another observation about the ‘tragedy that is named John McCain’: the left and never-Trump-ers have lined-up behind McCain and his insane,unintelligent,erratic,frankly lunatic comments.The MSM loves to present McCain as an example of “finding-common-ground” and “reaching-across-the-aisle” when his true legacy,particularly in the last 10 years,has been the disaster called ‘McCain/Feingold’,hawking for American arms and support for the ‘Muslim Brotherhood’,(i.e. ISIS) and war mongering EVERYWHERE! His comments in the past year have been beyond concerning to the point of outright craziness and yet,here he sits as a Senator,making laws that effect us all and being lauded as a ‘maverick’and ‘fighter’,while in reality,he has a brain tumor that’s rendering his decision-making reckless and dangerous. We really.REALLY need term limits.The hubris of these politicians renders them unable/unwilling to face the reality of their own mortality. Listen to Susan Collins speak;does she have Parkinson’s or is she just on the verge of tears all the time? Then there’s crazy,totally unhinged Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee…something seriously wrong with BOTH of them. Why can’t Pelosi remember minor details,like,I don’t know…who’s currently President?! Then there’s Hilary, and the coughing,fainting…ugh…alcoholism? In the ‘real-world’…you know,the one WE live in… these politicians would be confronted by their boss,have an intervention by their family,be undergoing psychiatric/drug/alcohol treatment,or be locked away to protect themselves and others.

• Kaco says:

I can’t see how he should be allowed to serve with this impending impairment of the brain.

I have had strong feelings against Sen McCain. But I had hoped justice would be served in a different way for him. This has thrown me. When it comes down to it, terrifies me to see anyone end up suffering in hell for eternity so I pray McCain repents of his sins, as we all should, and tries to get right with God and makes amends before he passes. May God have mercy on his soul.

• fuzzi says:

Kaco, sometimes the Lord enacts His judgement, His justice, in a way we would not.

I, too, would not like to see this man, or any person, in Hell. But the decision of where John will spend eternity is his, and he’d better make it soon before he no longer has the ability to think about it.

• joshua says:

Big John thought he was anointed by the People who believed his press clippings.

John…..here is your fate writ large for you…

Mine eyes have seen the glory
          Of the coming of the Lord
          He is trampling out the vintage
          Where the grapes of wrath are stored
          He has loosed the fateful lightening
          Of His terrible swift sword
          His truth is marching on

I have seen him in the watch-fires
          Of a hundred circling camps
          They have builded him an altar
          In the evening dews and damps
          I have read his righteous sentence
          By the dim and flaring lamps
          His day is marching on

Glory, glory, hallelujah
          Glory, glory, hallelujah
          Glory, glory, hallelujah
          His truth is marching on

I have read a fiery gospel
          Writ in burnish’d rows of steel
          As ye deal with my contemptors
          So with you my grace shall deal
          Let the hero, born of woman
          Crush the serpent with his heel
          Since my God is marching on

He has sounded forth the trumpet
          That shall never call retreat
          He is sifting out the hearts of men
          Before His judgment-seat
          Oh, be swift, my soul
          To answer him be jubilant, my feet
          Our God is marching on

Glory, glory, hallelujah
          Glory, glory, hallelujah
          Glory, glory, hallelujah
          His truth is marching on
          His truth is marching on

John….you shouldn’t, maybe, have messed with Donald J. Trump, who was chosen by the people who love America….a concept that never crossed your ego driven mind. Donald Trump was sent to create a movement to bring America back to the reality and principals that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD…..not under Congress, the Uniparty, or the Industrial Military Complex…..

• Maquis says:

If treason merits death, if murder merits death, if our implacable enemies merit death, if we kill to defend, kill to protect, kill to correct injustice, how is it that we are required to display sympathy to a man who, by all accounts, does indeed merit death. It is harsh. But it has been the way of the World since Time Immemorial, of God since Adam.

His kin have riches and fame, their father and husband and such for Eighty long years, and a grace period in which to reconcile; is not that sufficient recompense for suffering the loss that all face unless they themselves fall prey to the consequences of John McCain’s legacy?

• V.Lombardi says:

McCain’s life is filled with his created disasters.

• imalulu– While I agree with absolutely everything you wrote, I almost felt redemption reading your comment about Senator Susan Collins! Many years ago, I thought she was just an extremely nervousness person; but as time went on, I too, began to think that some sort of pathology may be involved with Ms. Collins… Parkinson’s, some sort of Sclerotic affliction– but no normal person speaks like that.

14. JBrickley says:

Glioblastoma strikes everyone equally, therefore I cannot attribute it to God’s wrath. Especially, since my Baptist Preacher’s wife was recently diagnosed. Many thousands upon thousands around the world are earnestly praying but the prognosis is far from good (churches across the US and missionaries across the globe all know her and her husband). She will leave behind a wonderful husband, three married children, and six grandchildren. All of whom are deeply involved in the church. God is granting them strength and peace beyond understanding, she is taking the treatments with grace.

Senator McCain needs to step down and spend time with his family as soon as possible. His time in this life will be short.

• fuzzi says:

It could be God’s wrath, or just God allowing McCain to be removed from the picture.

Not every cancer is a punishment, not every tragedy is a recompense for evil-doing.

• georgiafl says:

Sometimes, GOD allows the destruction of the body to save the soul.

1 Corinthians 5:4-5 New International Version (NIV)

4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

15. Headbanger says:

FYI: temozolomide is the chemo used to treat brain cancer (in conjunction with XRT) and it does cross the blood-brain barrier. Nonetheless, many challenges ahead for Mr. McCain. I wish him the best.

16. F D says:

We pray and decide to turn from our sins and the Lord moves for us, 2 Chronicles 7:14.

17. joshua says:

who John McCain the hero actually IS

Johns narcissistic ego and anger and pomposity will allow the cancer to metastasize, not to go into remission…he will die in pain and bitterness that for the most part he will have doomed himself into the final life failure…..no amount of MSM praise nor Congressional Member atta boys will save him from his own mean spirit and petty incompetence at living a good and valuable life in service to anyone other than himself.

18. Searkreb says:

I don’t understand all the sympathy if what I read on this site is true. I do know that “if” he repents he will be forgiven, but that is a big if and is not for me to decide.
    However, we preach our funeral everyday and it is hard for me to act like this man who has done so many terrible things is all the sudden worthy of my tears and sympathy.
    My sympathies lie with the innocent men, women and children who were raped, beheaded, burned alive and who knows what else due to action John McCain promoted with his full vigor.

• fuzzi says:

Searkreb, my sympathies are also for those who have suffered for the ego and power hunger of people like Senator McCain. However, my concern for McCain is that he is headed for Hell without the salvation obtained through Jesus Christ. He, like every person ever born, has to make the decision whether to accept God’s offer of forgiveness, or reject it and be turned into Hell.

19. LULU says:

Chemotherapy for patients with glioblastoma multiforme occasionally raises an important question as to timing. Specifically, although chemotherapy is beneficial, it is not known whether the timing of administration after radiation is important, particularly for older patients. Some centers in the United States now save chemotherapy until there is evidence that the tumor is growing after radiation therapy in these older patients. This may mean that months could elapse between the end of radiation treatment and the beginning of chemotherapy, allowing the patient to recover strength. Other specialists prefer to give chemotherapy immediately after radiation therapy and to give different chemotherapy when the tumor starts to grow again. This decision has to made on a patient-by-patient basis.

From Massachusetts General Hospitals Brain Tumor Center patient booklet.

20. auscitizenmom says:

My first thoughts were of the MIAs from Viet Nam. I can’t get past that and his meddling in the Mideast to our detriment.

21. Atticus says:

In this order:
    1. Get yourself right with God
    2. Retire
    3. Get your affairs in order
    4. Say your goodbyes

22. Jimmy Jack says:

What’s the over/under on his daughter Meghan McCain working to get the appointment to his seat?

I suspect this is her play based on her social media and appearances.

23. Shadmoll says:

Mccain’s ego will not let him retire. His handlers know he’s an obstructionist for the GOPe. We’re stuck with him to the end.

• joshua says:

might be tough to be a speed bump in ICU or during an MRI or under radiation treatments.
      They are not going to try any more surgery, cause any more brain taken out will likely affect cognitive issues and body functionality.

the man is toast.

24. jstanley01 says:

I destest the man as much as anyone, but still, a little human pity for what McCain faces isn’t a bad thing.

“The Senator and his family are reviewing further treatment options with Mayo Clinic care team. Treatment options may include a combination of chemotherapy and radiation.”

Having gone through the mill, with three in my immediate family having died from cancer, I know first hand exactly what this kind of statement means. The basic question, when you’ve got cancer at a stage that is for all practical purposes terminal, is: Are you going to grasp at straws?

Most people, if given a 1 percent chance that they might get better by “a combination of chemotherapy and radiation,” will go for it. Even though the treatments are going to make the end of their life a living hell. When, with a combination of steroids and proper pain management, the end of life would not be comfortable, but it wouldn’t be hell either. .

Accepting the fact that he was at the end of his natural earthly existence, that is what my dad should have done. But he would not listen to reason, and he paid the price. And rest assured, the medical establishment will put you through exactly as much hell as you request. They make BIG MONEY from people who grasp at straws

That said, I don’t want to be too hard on my father. We all die, and many of us will die from cancer, and it’s all so easy to second-guess when we are healthy. We’ll see how well we do personally only when we get there, that I know.

In a number of articles for Vanity Fair, Chistopher Hitchens described the hell he went through, grasping at straws. Including the following, where he writes about losing his ability to speak:

Unspoken Truths
    Vanity Fair, June 2011
    by Christopher Hitchens

“‘I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,’
    “‘And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,’
    “And in short, I was afraid.’ —T. S. Eliot

“Like so many of life’s varieties of experience, the novelty of a diagnosis of malignant cancer has a tendency to wear off. The thing begins to pall, even to become banal. One can become quite used to the specter of the eternal Footman, like some lethal old bore lurking in the hallway at the end of the evening, hoping for the chance to have a word. And I don’t so much object to his holding my coat in that marked manner, as if mutely reminding me that it’s time to be on my way. No, it’s the snickering that gets me down.

“On a much-too-regular basis, the disease serves me up with a teasing special of the day, or a flavor of the month. It might be random sores and ulcers, on the tongue or in the mouth. Or why not a touch of peripheral neuropathy, involving numb and chilly feet? Daily existence becomes a babyish thing, measured out not in Prufrock’s coffee spoons but in tiny doses of nourishment, accompanied by heartening noises from onlookers, or solemn discussions of the operations of the digestive system, conducted with motherly strangers. On the less good days, I feel like that wooden-legged piglet belonging to a sadistically sentimental family that could bear to eat him only a chunk at a time. Except that cancer isn’t so … considerate.

“…So now every day I go to a waiting room, and watch the awful news from Japan on cable TV (often closed-captioned, just to torture myself) and wait impatiently for a high dose of protons to be fired into my body at two-thirds the speed of light. What do I hope for? If not a cure, then a remission. And what do I want back? In the most beautiful apposition of two of the simplest words in our language: the freedom of speech.”

Hitchens believed that this life is all there is, and was willing to put himself through hell at the end of it, courtesy of the medical establishment, to hang onto it. McCain likely believes likewise, and will willingly put himself through the same hell. It is what it is, the eternal verities of justice and mercy being above my pay grade.

25. joshua says:

Now, Lord….you ain’t gonna whop my brain too jes cause I been talking shat about President Trump, is you? I can maybe change some if Ya’ll jes cuts me some Slack ’cause you know that my ignorant ranting is because my forebearers were victims of Jim Crow brutal white folk hatred an stuff like that….

26. MfM says:

I fear McCain will only retire if his daughter is given the seat. That is a really bad trade off. Great response to that would be “No, she needs to be spending time with her father.”

He needs to retire and have the Governor replace him with a strong Trump conservative. Anyone have insights into what that Governor will do?

27. mcclainra says:

Daughter might be easier to defeat in next election than McCain, although still think last win by him was not really legitimate. Kelly Ward was too close, and should have beat him, until Soros’s $ entered the mix, and if I remember correctly, Trump’s endorsement????

• joshua says:

John McCain cannot be too thrilled that daughter Meghan McCain posed for the April issue of Playboy, in a racy spread in which she calls herself “strictly dickly” and says, “I love sex.”

While McCain kept her clothes on for her Playboy photoshoot — she is pictured in a red sequined dress — she did pose seductively on satin sheets. And the blogger’s accompanying interview is just as shocking.

“I’m not a lesbian, if that’s what you’re asking,” says McCain. “I’d be the first person to tell the world I was gay. I’m not private about anything. I think you should live how you should live. But I’m strictly dickly. I can’t help it. I love sex and I love men … I’ve been hit on by women from time to time, and it might simplify my life if I were gay.”

When asked what would be different if her father had been elected President of the United States in 2008, McCain says, “You would have the craziest first daughter ever, who’d be making ridiculous headlines and hurting the administration every step of the way. That aside, I think Dad would have made an incredible president.”

• budman says:

Too close????? Try this………..Republican Sen. John McCain won an easy victory over his primary challenger on Tuesday in Arizona, defeating former state Sen. Kelli Ward — the most prominent anti-incumbent Senate primary challenger of 2016 — by a double-digit margin. McCain had 55 percent of the GOP vote to Ward’s 35 percent when The Associated Press called the race soon after it started tallying the votes.

Kelli Ward got trounced! She is a weak candidate and McShame made her look like a fool. Remember the “face” shot? I voted for her, but would not recommend her in the future.

• winky says:

I totally agree as I said in my comments below…..We do not know where her loyalties are.
        I read somewhere that Jan Brewer would be a great replacement……we know for sure that she would behind PTrump 100%.

• V.Lombardi says:

McCain was, is, and always will be, a weak person. He won because of big money and left wing media support. He’s never earned anything in his life.

28. IMO says:

What goes around comes around👹. Enough said.

29. CountryclassVulgarian says:

I find it very interesting that people who not a week ago were lambasting John Mc Cain are now lauding him a “hero”. Why is it that anyone who doesn’t toe that “he is a hero who served his country well” line is accused of wishing cancer on him? Why are people now not allowed to say or recognize that John Mc Cain has done lot to betray this country?

When I first heard the news yesterday my response was sorrow. Sorrow for a life spent on the acquisition of power. Sorrow for a life spent betraying the country whose uniform he wore. Sorrow that he has spent the last several months trying to start some kind of war with Russia over a narrative that he helped fabricate. My chief complaint against Mc Cain has always been why at his age does he not recognize the evil that he has chosen to embrace?

Does that mean I wish him ill or that I don’t empathize with his family’s pain? No it means I fully recognize and pray that the man repent and turn to God for forgiveness. I wish hell on no one but John Mc Cain has done an awful lot of harm to this country and its citizens and I cannot ignore that.

• StrandedinCA says:

Best comment I’ve read today, Countryclass! McCain has betrayed this country in countless ways since he became a senator after his return from Viet Nam. I’ve heard the rumors that he betrayed this country well before he returned from Viet Nam, but I don’t have first-hand knowledge of that so I’ll refrain from commenting. I’m sick of the theater that has been performed since yesterday with all these sanctimonious people lecturing us on what a patriot and saint he is. He’s not – nor was he ever a saint. And all of you who think Sara Palin is the be-all and end-all of conservatism: take a listen to her interview with Fox News last night. She was in tears extolling the virtues of Saint McCain and his walk-on-water persona. He threw her under the bus after that disastrous campaign and she couldn’t wait to jump on board the “Don’t talk bad about Saint John” campaign. That tells me all I need to know about her.

• CountryclassVulgarian says:

I don’t watch False News so I was not aware Palin gave an interview yesterday. I am disappointed. It’s one thing express sympathy or even concern for him and this illness. It’s fine too pray for the man if you are a Christian. There is no need for the over the top talk of what a grand hero and brave fighter he is.

So does all this praise mean that they were lying when they criticized him for his actions against the country? Because either he is a great hero and a saint who relentlessly fought for the country or he is a man who sold out the country whose uniform he wore. They can’t have it both ways.

• suejeanne1 says:

Good point re Sarah Palin – if that’s what she got out of that experience in 2008, I would have to call her a “Dumb Dora” (an expression one of my grandmothers used to use). We can’t afford to be “Dumb Dora” any mora!

30. budman says:

REP: DORNAN: They made those transcriptions, and in the transcriptions, I heard a POW who heard them comin’ into his cell and said, “Oh, my God, is that Admiral McCain’s son? Is that the admiral’s son? Is that Johnny — telling us that our principal targets are schools, orphanages, hospitals, temples, churches?” That was Jane Fonda’s line. Where are those transcriptions? Believe me — they’re in the archives of the museum, the bragging military phony museum in Hanoi. McCain could not have wanted those [to] turn up in the middle of a presidential race. He knows that. I know that, and a few other people know that, and that’s why he went against Bob Dole’s legislation.

31. budman says:

An audio recording has surfaced proving that U.S. Senator John McCain collaborated with the North Vietnamese by recording a “Tokyo Rose”-style propaganda message that was broadcast on North Vietnamese radio in 1969.
    For many years, American former P.O.W.s who were in the “Hanoi Hilton” North Vietnamese prison with John McCain called him a “Songbird” who collaborated with the enemy against his own country. They accused him of turning against them and against his own country in exchange for preferential treatment while many of the actually brave and honorable American P.O.W.s endured torture and denial of medical care and food for refusing to collaborate. The P.O.W.s branded McCain a traitor who was no hero, but nonetheless used his fake hero status to rise to political power.

32. Saveedra says:

God Bless the man and his family. I pray he knows Jesus Christ as his Savior. I pray God’s will is done. He will need courage and strength and contentedness that only God can give now more then ever.

That said, I do not like this republican’s politics & he has been shameful & derelict in his duties to represent ‘we the people’ as well as the Republican President Donald J Trump. His blatant, obvious ‘never Trump’ actions & his elitist GOP attitude can’t disappear fast enough!!

33. joshua says:

adios, John.

34. budman says:

He’s a TRAITOR!

• V.Lombardi says:

I have a problem with anyone that violated the US military code of conduct over 30 times by participating in North Vietnam & French anti-war films and publications. For this man to be considered a hero shows what a sad state America is in and is proof that Americans do not read.

35. Robert says:

Let me just say, when I hear the news of john’s death soon. I’ll quietly open a bottle of champagne…

36. RedBallExpress says:

I understand the negative comments about McCain and also the support for him. The lucky have to realize that this is a nightmare revisited for those who have lived through it.

37. winky says:

Read somewhere it would also be good to appoint Jan Brewer……she is totally a Trump supporter. Kelly Ward scares me…..we do not now where her loyalties are.

38. kaste668 says:

Just saw that McCain tweeted that he would be back in Congress soon.

• winky says:

I heard on the news he cannot have treatment for a month……is he coming back to wreak more havoc and more trouble?

• georgiafl says:

Flying back to DC could be dangerous post-op and with the kind of tumor that causes bleeds.

Wonder if JM wrote the tweet or did one of his handlers?

Notice, Nancy P and Hillary have to have handlers now to keep them going and from making total disasters/fools of themselves and to keep the $$$$ pouring in.

Likely Maxine and some others do as well.

39. sunnydaze says:

NOooooooooo!!!!

40. Jimmy Jack says:

Well McCain virtue signalers, McCain is attacking Trump – after his cancer announcement – over Trump’s success in Syria and links it to Russia.

No mercy. McCain is a war mongering thug and will destroy Trump if he can. Sorry, not sorry.

• georgiafl says:

An unrepentant serpent to the end, John?

• mysticrose80 says:

In spite of his disease, this monster (yes, MONSTER) is still spewing his anti-Russia, anti-Trump rhetoric. Still trying to call for the removal of Assad. This is someone who is deserving of pity?!?

• Maquis says:

Nope. I’m done. Not that there was any sorrow, but I gave him a chance to earn a grudging acceptance of his continued existence. He blew it. Defending arming ISIS? Attacking President Trump for ending an illegal immoral arms and training for jihadi monsters program that he created at the expense of three Special Forces troops and the moral compromise of who knows how many good men forced to train them. Even most CIA folks got as far from this program as they could out of fear from the blowback.

I won’t go pee on his grave, but I would never drop a flower on it. Nor a flag.

41. yy4u says:

I’m sure everyone here wishes Senator McCain a swift and complete recovery. We are not the Left. We do not wish ill on anyone.

The diagnosis is such that it is unlikely that he will survive. But so long as there is life, there is hope, and for many their sense of who they are is wrapped up in their job. I think that’s true of Senator McCain. He will not put the country or the party first. To resign would signal that he has given up hope for a cure and that would be damaging to him psychologically no matter the reality of his diagnosis.

McCain will remain in the Senate so long as he is alive whether he is incapacitated or not.

On another subject, I read on Drudge (I KNOW, I KNOW) that Mueller has expanded his Russian probe into POTUS’s business dealings. We are watching a silent coup unfold. It might succeed, it might not, but whatever the outcome, that’s what it is.

• Bill W. says:

Well said, yy4u, although prog. appears grim, there are possible options, that may prolong, or lead to a ‘cure’. This applies to John M. or other unlucky victims of GBM and related malignancies. The smart readers here will copy these comments, which are mostly current state of mankind’s state of art, Tx wise. In addition, mushrooms seem to have some molecular benefit, along with tomatoes. Worth researching for studies.
      Here are medical Tx details……

“There have been substantial improvements in surgical approaches, including new methods of detecting tumor anatomy with special illumination techniques and now MR spectroscopy approaches to defining tumor margins for the purpose of radiation planning,” he said, citing the work of several other groups.
      ……recent approval of a fluorescent dye for identifying tumor cells in situ during surgery has been helpful in assuring more complete excision of malignant tissue.
      Progress with drug treatments for gliomas got mixed reviews from the experts we contacted. ……….the new immunotherapies such as pembrolizumab (Keytruda) and nivolumab (Opdivo) have changed the landscape, with “initial promising results” in brain cancer.
      …. the “establishment of temozolomide as standard of care for all patients, including advanced age patients such as Sen. McCain,” as an important development……also intensity-modulated proton beam therapy as an enhancement to the clinician’s arsenal against brain tumors.
      …rapidly changing area is in molecular tumor analysis………. this research has “allowed us to prognosticate and to group patients into more homogeneous groups to allow more rationale choices of treatments and for more scientifically rigorous clinical trials.”
      ………. approved in 2011: the Optune “tumor treating fields” electrical device. Susan Chang noted that in one recent trial, it appeared to boost 5-year survival from 5% to 13%.
      …. there are investigational treatments that could be available to McCain. In addition to the approved immunotherapy drugs, other approaches to harnessing the body’s immune system to attack brain cancers are in development. S0-called CAR T-cell therapies have attracted significant attention for hematologic malignancies, but could also be helpful for gliomas, noted ….. And a recent study from Duke found that a vaccine against cytomegalovirus had shown benefit for glioma patients in an early trial.”

Must be noted, is that all methods have side effects, variable, some of which are very serious, or deadly. The immune system is nearly unimaginably complex and yet poorly understood. No free ride. But there is hope, more than even 5 years ago.

And for the bitter children on this site, calm down, we all, you too, will not make it. We all fortunately die, eventually. So the bitterness will cease, won’t it? Maybe a fortunate reason for us to be terminal, all, in the grand scheme of things….

42. Dessert loving in your eyes all the way
    If I listen to your lies, would you say
    I’m a man without conviction
    I’m a man who doesn’t know
    How to sale a contradiction?
    You come and go, you come and go

43. TwoLaine says:

My parents taught me that if you can’t say anything nice…

I WISH Johnny A SPEEDY RETIREMENT.

44. Paul Keller says:

Yea he’s a fighter just don’t remember him winning any