Anticipate ‘splodey heads tonight as President Trump delivers remarks honoring veterans at a Kennedy Center event hosted by an evangelical megachurch and Pastor Robert Jeffress.

(Via ABC) […] President Trump is spending the weekend at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, but plans to travel back to Washington on Saturday night for the “Celebrate Freedom Rally” at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.

Evangelical megachurch First Baptist Dallas is sponsoring the event, along with Salem Media Group. First Baptist Pastor Robert Jeffress was a strong backer of Trump. A news release says that Trump will: “deliver a powerful address honoring our veterans, hundreds of whom will be coming from D.C. area to attend the event, including wounded warriors who are patients at the Walter Reed Medical Center.” (link)

Melania and Barron Trump weekend style watch below:

Man-o-man, Barron is getting tall.

This entry was posted in Christian Values, FLOTUS, Melania Trump, President Trump, Religion, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

148 Responses to Tonight President Trump Honors Veterans at Kennedy Center – Also, Melania Trump Style Watch Alert…

1. missmarple2 says:

Does anyone know if there will be a live feed for this? I no longer have cable. Thanks!

2. Grandma Covfefe says:

America is back. Love the fabric of Melania’s skirt. It brings back memories of my favorite outifts. Melania is dressing neutral, but classy/sharp or stunning depending on the event of the day. Thank You, Sundance, for doing this for us ladies (and men, since the previous one was an eye-sore).

3. duchess01 says:

WHITE HOUSE LIVE – 07/01/2017

8:30 PM EDT
    President Trump Participates in the Celebrate Freedom Rally
    Washington, DC

4. Sylvia Avery says:

Sundance, I love you for giving us some Melania coverage.

You can’t imagine the rage I feel at the disrespect shown to our First Lady by the national media. Scores of women’s magazines and NONE of them cover her, and I know I am not alone in hungering for news about her.

I feel like an idiot saying such a thing, but I admire her as a role model of feminine grace and accomplishment and strength. And when have we had one like this??? Certainly not the Mooch despite having her shoved in our faces 24/7, and not before, either. Probably the closest was Nancy Reagan or Jackie Kennedy, but in my opinion Melania is bigger, better, more awesome. I am so proud she represents us.

• snarkybeach says:

instead the fashion mags still cover Michelle and pine for the “good old days.” I used to subscribe to a bunch of magazines but have cancelled most because they all push a hard left agenda.

• LULU says:

I subscribed to Vogue for many, many years. It was an inspiration for clothes I ended up buying off the peg, and for clothes I sewed and tailored for myself. My own originals. Then sour little Ms. Wintour ran it into the ground with her bogus politics. I haven’t paid any attention to Vogue for decades.

• snarkybeach says:

I used to subscribe to Marie Claire for years and enjoyed the articles and the photo stylings until the issue where they pushed Wendy Davis for governor. The next article was about a writer who was embarrassed by her Tea Party father and finally an essay about a woman loving a transgender. I just want to look at clothes & makeup, not get a SJW lecture.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Even on a more modest level, Woman’s Day, McCall’s, Ladies Home Journal, stuff like that used to be full of articles and pics of First Ladies. Of course, I haven’t been to a doctor’s office in months because I can’t afford it (TY Ocare) so perhaps those mags are long gone by now.

I used to enjoy Vogue, Marie Claire, even Vanity Fair for the fashions. But they made such a fetish of the Wookie.

• Tegan says:

Well, gosh darn, it was those “toned arms” that were to die for!

• shallbe4 says:

The Dems used to be the party of the people. Now they have become the party of elites with more dollars then cents. I have not heard of one idea to make this nation strong again. We Americans are either victims or perpetrators in their eyes and their their goal for us is a downward spiral while they collect huge checks from the filthy rich.

• Bendix says:

Even Adirondack Life is trying to go PC, for crying out loud!
            Too much ownership of too much media in two few hands.
            If someone put out a Time Magazine style weekly of the First Lady, I’d subscribe.

• Same here LuLu. I was reading some comments today on a left wing site today about Melania. I was curious about their perception of her. Some lady was going on about her “belly” and other negativity. Others talking about how “obvious” it was that “there was no love between she and her husband”. What the hell planet are these aliens on???

• snarkybeach says:

the lefty talking point is that Melania is a trophy wife who hates her pig of a husband. (That’s why the MSM were obsessed with the hand-holding on the foreign trip.)

• shallbe4 says:

What bothers me is that Leftist women can go after this beautiful, smart woman who speaks 5 languages and is obviously in love with her husband while most of them look like the back of a bus and believe that marriage should consist of a woman and her poodle.

• H.R. says:

daughterofthewest: “Others talking about how “obvious” it was that “there was no love between she and her husband”.”

That sounds like a Mika mynah bird talking. In the boarding video at the end of this post, I didn’t see any signs of loathing at all.

Oh, and no reports of broken lamps or unexplained black eyes displayed by President Trump. I’m thinking the First Couple are doing just fine.

• livlovely101 says:

It is so heartwarming to have true gracious LADIES in our WH.

I’m a girly girl so having Mrs. Trump as FLOTUS is such a treat; and as a woman, I am so proud to have our country represented by Mrs. Trump and Mrs. Pence.

• Magagirl says:

I cancell all mines too, including parents magazine. Terrible!

• Peg_C the Deplorable says:

I last read a women’s mag probably 20 years ago. They’ve been going straight downhill for a very long time (heroin chic, unspeakably ugly clothes, ghastly editorlal pages. They idolize all the wrong people and are contemptuous for the rest of us. And they don’t consider themselves far left. That would be like a fish considering itself wet.

• piper567 says:

I once liked looking at Vogue for the ads…I love studio photography. But when I began to notice all the models looking anorexic, or tubercular, or worse, like heroin addicts, I gave it up.
          Can find studio photography onlne!

• Oldschool says:

This shows just how deep their stupidity, hatred and jealosy runs. The mags will forfeit profits to keep FLOTUS off the covers. When someone finally puts her on a cover, I predict that sales will smash all records. Let’s see who has half a brain.

• Sylvia Avery says:

It is mean and ugly. It is also anti-capitalistic because, as you point out, they are forfeiting profits. So stupid.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Of course, even if they cover Melania they cannot be trusted to do so in a neutral or flattering way.

Just like this Joe and Mika kerfuffle. Mika said on air Friday that she is sure Melania wants to leave POTUS and only hangs around b/c of Barron.

Melania’s strongly worded rebuttal where she said she didn’t even know Mika was picked up by the Daily Mail and oh, lordy, Mika had the first interview of Melania so OF COURSE she knew her so the implication was Melania was lying. Oh puh-leeze. Any idiot knows what she meant. The media irritates me beyond belief.

I’d love to see Judge Jeanine get an interview with Melania. That would be fun!

• Oldschool says:

I agree Sylvia. As much as I would love to see her on covers, those bastards would sandbag her. Best FLOTUS remains above the fray. Love her!

• Bendix says:

It’s just a vile, disgusting thing to say. To think it didn’t come from a desperate Rosie O’Donnell type, but from someone who has a show and pretensions of being in journalism.
          Rush is right, Donald is right, these two are back-stabbing WEIRDOS.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Yeah, I read the transcript from Rush’s show where he spoke about Mika and Joe and his encounter with them. It is so peculiar. Honestly, I don’t know anyone who would act that way and I have known some oddballs in my life. It is a mystery.

• Tegan says:

From what I read, Melania said that Mika didn’t know her. Meaning, as I took it, Mika doesn’t have a clue what Melania is or thinking.

• Tegan says:

I’m certain she could care less about being featured in any of those magazines…been there, done that and doesn’t have a thing to prove. Michelle was starved for the attention…used every opportunity to get in front of the cameras even when she looked foolish. Maybe that’s why she’s so sullen these days.

• Nancy Seeger says:

I agree about the previous first ‘lady’ being shoved in our faces about being so fashionable. Last week there was a People with the Os on the cover laying out at my office. I buried it.

• Nancy Seeger says:

And everyone knows she’s gorgeous and elegant no matter what they say. I do worry a little about she and Donald. Maybe it’s a New York thing, but you don’t see much warmth.

• Q&A says:

Warmth? You mean like overwrought PDA? Oh yeah, that’s a real indicator of the state of a relationship – NOT. What you are looking at are grown-up people who don’t have to put on a show to convince the public of their love and affection.

• Oldschool says:

Nancy, they seem to have a very unique relationship. I remember her interview, I think with Greta, during the campaign. Melania said they never argued about anything, nor did they stop each other from pursuing their own projects. So, I think they have a mature and supportive marriage and do not engage in public or overt displays of affection. FLOTUS is making huge sacrifices and deserves our gratitude for sure. I pray the people will see this and treat her kindly.

• thluckyone says:

Nancy, have no fear. The connection between Lady Melania and our beloved President is deep – and I have not the words to describe it. I say this as an awestruck male who can see the chemistry between them and I can assure you that our President is PROFOUNDLY in love with Lady Melania – and only death will part them. I don’t even want to think about that time…

Our treasured 1st Lady? I can’t quite read her – she is SO mysterious (and I love it!). At my age I know I won’t live to see anything like this again in the Whitehouse but I gather that Melania is a woman of EXTRAORDINARY “spiritual” power (and I mean that in a far more than only religious sense – even though her faith is real and deep). Someone else told me here that she is an “old-soul” and that may very well be – but I know she is not a some sort of cheap beguiler. Lady Melania has NO NEED to compete with or to control our President.

My take is that Lady Melania is something like a “seer” – but by the Grace of God. It is a gift of the Holy Spirit. She “sees” things and can compliment the razor sharp vision of our Lion. But more, FAR more than only that. They are Yin and Yang: two complimentary faces of the same magnificent force. They are Lion and Lioness. They both are mighty dragons. They both are leaves on the wind. They are both brown-coats (See the movie “Serenity”) and it is our EXTRAORDINARY privilege to watch them elegantly dance their dance on the world stage. And we ain’t seen “nuthin'” yet.

Thank you, Nancy, for helping me to write this. Apparently I needed to say these things and you gave me the chance. GBY & Good night.

• srr says:

Thank you, thluckyone, for putting in words what we old Slavs who love God deep to our ancient, tortured roots, recognise and understand in our grateful hearts.

• daughnworks247 says:

Sure, Melania is gorgeous, unlike any first ladies we’ve had in a long time (just wait until she steps off the plane in Poland).
              Sure, Melania was a multi-millionaire, on her own, by the time she was 35 and did not NEED to marry wealth.
              Sure, Melania speaks five languages, is old school, and a great mom.
              But don’t ever, ever, ever, underestimate the power of Melania. She sees things others don’t and is fiercely protective of her family.

• Ivehadit says:

Lucky, beautifu,l beautiful comment. A keeper.

• Esperanza says:

Over here in France, they are quietly covering her as a fashion icon. Mme Figaro knows gorgeousness when they see it. They have also quietly dropped La Macron lol. The teeny bopper/ spindly legs look at the Nato fiasco lowered her Vogue credit no end.

• Jimmy Jack says:

Sylvia, I agree whole heartedly. I am incredibly thankful for her acting as a role model in this capacity.

If you look at many current media campaigns they are encouraging women to look like slobs. I think the commercial that best illustrates this now is a Special K commercial. This is all by design, part of an agenda to destroy traditional values and gender roles by eroding women’s confidence and pitting women against men.

5. JohnnyII says:

Picture #5 is a very good pic of a very beautiful skirt. . . dang, I’m smiling

6. dutzie60 says:

Barron wants to be a pilot. 😀😀👍👍👍

7. Sloth1963 says:

Hmmm… what has Barron stuck his feet into? I’m glad he’s not sporting a severe haircut. He looks good a bit shaggy 🙂

8. Pam says:

Yep, Barron is looking more like his father every day. It is pretty cool to see what FLOTUS and Barron are wearing each weekend. Love the photos! 😀

9. Martin says:

Barron will probably end up being around 6-10, making him taller than Eric.

• wondering999 says:

My next door neighbor’s son shot up one year and must have grown at least a foot within a few months. His mom commented that he had been complaining of body aches — there are literally growing pains for a lot of people at that stage. I hope Barron’s having an easy time of growing up — that kind of physical growth all at once, needs food and enough rest.

And I LOVE watching for Mrs. Trump’s outfits. I wasn’t crazy about the white outfit she wore to meet the South Korean leadership; I would have preferred a fuller skirt cut on a bias, but the outfit was still interesting. This latest picture of her skirt has the same sideways cut, she seems to like that. Whatever, she looks great whatever she wears

• LULU says:

When the designer who worked with her was quoted about her Inauguration Ball gown he said that she liked “tailored”. That’s what we see her in. And very high quality.

• wondering999 says:

In the white dress from the Korean visit, I didn’t care for the crease around the lower abdomen/legs that probably develops during the time she’s sitting down.

I really liked the tailored top on that dress, but I would have had an A-line skirt cut on the bias that wouldn’t have made a crease, and would have had a nice easy flow to it.

It’s her dress not mine, and she still looked great, but I thought an A-line would have looked even better. 🙂 Clothes are so much fun… and shoes…

• Tegan says:

The cut makes it easier to board the plane steps. At least she doesn’t come off the plane wearing khaki cargo shorts like Mrs. O. Remember that disaster?

• Jimmy Jack says:

She looked so bad so many times I honestly can’t.

The outfit that most sticks in my mind was that Easter egg monstrosity she wore while meeting Kate Middleton. She looked so bad it was embarrassing. And who can forget the photo of the three backsides of the First Ladies? Smh.

• Jimmy Jack says:

The side cut is very in vogue right now. It’s also flattering.

• nwtex says:

He’s going to top his Pops in a minute. Love it. And his mother in a blink of an eye….. keep in mind his mothers 20″ heels 😉

• Peg_C the Deplorable says:

Eric’s “only” 6’5″. I hope Barron doesn’t get as tall as 6’10” only because there are some common physical problems associated with that. Or in Comey’s case (I think he’s 6’9″), mental problems. 😉

10. MaineCoon says:

I’m a Trump Watcher…

Busy watching Trump,

Busy watching Melania, and what she’s wearing, and, now,

Busy watching Barron watching all around him, particularly the helicopters.

I’m very busy!

11. LULU says:

They are very interesting to watch… I’m enjoying our First Family a lot!

12. hugofitch1 says:

The president has slimmed down noticeably.

13. StuckIntheMiddle says:

What an elegant, respectful family. Every single one of them.

14. I like Barron, he makes me chuckle…such a kid.

15. Liked by 8 people

• The Boss says:

…”THEY’RE not!”
      Not “…their not”.
      End of today’s spelling lessons.
      Class remains in session at the White House since January 20, 2017.

• All American Snowflake says:

With internet comments on the rise, American’s are finally learning what bad spellers we are. 😉

16. Joe S says:

FOTUS is ALWAYS styling:

TOTAL CLASS ACT!

Best since Jackie!

17. Plain Jane says:

Barron looks like he’s a bit in sync with Dad’s hair style, at least from the back and sides. 🙂

18. US says:

Barron Trump is the new Justin Bieber. Moccasins in, socks out.

19. nwtex says:

Barron seems to be warming up to his new life. Shyness is on the way out. Bless his heart.

20. daughnworks247 says:

AND we’re going to have a baby soon from Lara and Eric!!!
    I wish I had 20 grandchildren. Grandkids are the best!!!

21. Jimmy Jack says:

One more thing, it’s always obvious how much Melania lives Barron. She’s very affectionate and protective of him.

This is probably why she went after the fake Mika story about her only staying married to Donald bc of her son. Melania knows this kind of talk is hurtful and damaging and isn’t having any of it. I get the feeling that she would go after anyone who does anything to hurt her child.

22. 4430lacey says:

It is certainly mysterious that the Democrat Party hasn’t attacked the GOP Congress for its inability to get the job done. Why am I giving the Democrat this attack point, because it is true. The GOP congress can take care of its own business, ie, corruption, bribes and non profit foundations, but when it comes to the people’s business,….forget it.

23. saveedra says:

Aren’t they a lovely family? Barron will soon be taller then his dad the way he is growing and he is only eleven. Thank you for sharing this video. I am so proud of President Trump.