President Trump Meets With Creatures of The Swamp…

President Trump meets the swamp people to discuss the making of swamp sausage…

Again, as with 99.99% of all ObamaCare conversations, the entirety of media discussion  surrounds Medicaid spending, funding, etc.

The middle-class taxpayers’ healthcare interests, those on the individual market, are entirely disconnected from the political discussion by the professional political class.

Frustrating is an understatement.

[Transcript] 4:08 P.M. EDT – THE PRESIDENT: Well, I thought I’d ask you folks to come say hello, and we’ll discuss healthcare. We have really no choice but to solve this situation. Obamacare is a total disaster.

It’s melting down as we speak. Rates are going up. In fact, it’s very interesting, Lisa, that you’re sitting next to me because, in Alaska, it was 206 percent — a 206 percent increase in Alaska. And I used to use Arizona as the standard; that was 116 percent. So it’s really meltdown, and we’re going to try and solve the problem.

So I invited all of you, and I think we have either 52 out of 52, or 50 out of 52. And John, either one is pretty good, I think, as a percentage.

So we’re going to talk and we’re going to see what we can do. We’re getting very close. But for the country, we have to have healthcare. And it can’t be Obamacare, which is melting down. The other side is saying all sorts of things before they even knew what the bill was. This will be great if we get it done. And if we don’t get it done, it’s just going to be something that we’re not going to like. And that’s okay, and I understand that very well.

But I think we have a chance to do something very, very important for the public — very, very important for the people of our country that we love.

So I’ll ask the press to leave. I greatly appreciate you folks being here. We love you very much. You’re very kind and very understanding. (Laughter.) But we will now ask you to leave. Thank you very much, everybody. Thank you.

Q Mr. President, what do you think of the Senate bill?

THE PRESIDENT: I think the Senate bill is going to be great. Thank you, everybody. Thank you. Such an understanding lot.

END – 4:10 P.M. EDT

This entry was posted in Agitprop, Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Legislation, media bias, Obamacare, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Rand Paul, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

366 Responses to President Trump Meets With Creatures of The Swamp…

1. Howie says:

Coming soon….The RINOCARE LEAD PLAN.
    $1,000,000 deductible
    Sliding premium (gimme all yer money)
    Covers 100 percent of all bills for pre existing cornditions

• nimrodman says:

AND … !!!
      Welfare Parasites get in FREE !!!

• Howie says:

Thet get the Palladium plan zero deduct….125 percent payout and a new car.

• Ned says:

Muslim “refugees” and illegals get it for free!
        Tell me, WHY are Muslims considered refugees”: when it is MUSLIMS that are slaughtering Christians? Yes Muslims fight other Muslims sects BUT why aren’t they defending their country? It’s the Christians that need to be removed or given refugee status since ALL Muslims in these war countries agree on slaughtering Christians. All we are doing is importing their hatred of the west, Muslim baggage of hating Muslims of a different sect – it makes no sense.

• Maquis says:

You couldn’t possibly be more right.

We also need to look at South Africa. Christian farmers, educated, intelligent, very definition of a work ethic, a Western Civilization culture, being murdered in manners too vile to describe, entire families at night in their own homes.

Seems Black Lies Murder in SA also, but it’s looking like a full Zimbabwe extermination coming on. We should import the whole lot, put them in charge of rounding up and expelling the murderous Muslim welfare cheats that refuse to defend their homes or their country, and will surely seek to destroy ours.

• svenwg says:

Never forget that Apartheid, that was a crime against humanity created the wealthiest Black population in Africa, was the first country to create compulsory education, in 1953, for a population that was completely illiterate as were there families going back to the ancestors 500 years ago, were the first government in Africa to create universities for the Black population and the only government in Africa to provide safety and security to the entire population.

For instance, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission in 1995-1996, came up with the following figures. In the 46 years of Apartheid, there were 18-19,000 unnatural deaths in South Africa. 1,800 were State executions for terrorism and politically motivated mass murder, including Black on White murder, Black on Black murder and White on Black murder.

14-15,000 deaths attributed to Blacks killing each other over political differences and the rest attributed to the war that was fought against the anc’s army, named aptly ‘I come for a sweetie’ umkuntwaisizwe on both sides. Those that died fighting the war had their names engraved on a wall of remembrance, but those that were White were excluded.

Since 1994, when St Mandela took over, 23+ years ago, 500,000 murders have taken place, the perpetrator’s race has been omitted by law, 250,000+ citizens have died of AIDS during Thabo M’Beki’s reign, where he denied the existence of the disease. All in all 800,000+ citizens have died under the Black anc’s misrule and not a word is raised in the UN. Get the USA out of the UN and the UN out of the USA 🇺🇸MAGA!

• Mike says:

Many prices are simply absurd, presumably due to regulation and lack of competition.
      Medicine is biased toward high prices and high priced procedures.

Right now our safety valves are DIY, natural medicine and overseas, to reduce costs 90+% and to improve results.

• Mike says:

PS I live in Anchorage AK. In our 60s, the cost for collecting the first 60 cents (most providers out of network) for a couple in 2017 is over $46,000 (2 premiums + a deductible).

• but.. but.. the minimum wage will be $100K/year. Everyone will be able to afford it.

• svenwg says:

That will only happen in a Demonrat Utopia, of course $100,000.00 will not be enough to buy a latte at the Left’s favourite coffee shop, or is that cofvefee shop? If you do not believe my tale, ask Zimbabweans, they will only be too happy to tell you I am right on the button!

2. woohoowee says:

The U.S. government has become so expensive they had to remove the debt ceiling. The GOP is supposed to be for smaller government. But the most important thing to the GOP Senators is more expense for more government. I’d say the GOP has major problems and they look like idiots.

• Howie says:

I hope the president does not get so disgusted he decides to just buy an Island with a good golf course and retire. He did this for us and is getting nothing but crap from the crooked DC Swampers. Nuke em’

• R-C says:

The GOPe hasn’t been for ‘smaller government’ in at least 3 decades. They’re for the platform requirements set forth by their sugar daddy donors, and nothing else will do. (And the sugar daddies just LOVE big government.)

The US Constitution is an impediment for these scum.

• Yes, Sundance… Frustrating is a huge understatement. I just got a letter from Aetna telling me that in 2018 there will be no individual policy for me. This, after being with Aetna for only 6 months and only due to BCBS dropping their individual plans last year.

I am far more than “tired of” being the globalist uniparty cash cow that those of us that produce things for a LIVING are seen as, and completely over with their mucking about with my personal liberty and Natural Rights.

There is no lesser of two evils, nor any acceptable level of totalitarian control. News flash too for “them” that pretend to care, it isn’t healthcare, it is health insurance. It shouldn’t be equal to or greater than a damn mortgage.

There should never, ever… have been allowed to exist a “professional political class.”. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• And R-C too… I agree with your comment completely!

• R-C says:

Your anguish is shared by literally MILLIONS of Americans who got shafted by scheming, on-the-make politicians and their damnable donors.

I’m still waiting for ONE of these snakes to give me a clear explanation on how in the world this MESS is in any way constitutional. It is NOT (no matter what Chief “Justice” John Roberts has to say on the matter).

• No, it and MANY other things foisted upon us are not constitutional. The Reckoning is incredibly overdue…

• Mike says:

Yes, the unconstitutionalist Progressive (-ly Socialist) Century needs to end. With a whimper or with a bang, take your choice.

• I have no respect at all for John Roberts in that black robe. He reminds me of the Sushi Chef in his weird outfit behind the counter at the Piggly Wiggly supermarket.

• That anguish put my husband into an early grave. I live with it daily. I cannot express my hatred for the grifters, liars and thieves that brought this about. His company changed insurance plans four times in less than five years, each one worse than the last, forcing us to change doctors, pharmacies and other health providers. He was an amputee who for years went to the same excellent prosthetician and had few problems until insurance forced him to go to a different company -Who could not seem to make him a leg that did not cause pain and blisters – making every step agony. I truly think he died from despair.

• deanbrh says:

rosecolouredglasses2016, God Bless you. I am praying for you, feeling like walking into the Senate with an AK 47 and blasting them all into the walls. Wish I could be a giant sponge to absorb the anger you live with.

• Thank you for your prayers. That is the sweetest thought, but be careful what you wish for! Only God could make a big enough sponge! It’s such a strange emotion for me; I’m not used to dealing with it (or grief, for that matter) and would never wish it on anyone. I struggle with my faith while praying for relief. In my sixty-one years on this earth I have been blessed in so many ways that I never knew what true grief was till now, or how it can fuel anger.

• R-C says:

This unspeakable travesty brought to you by America’s greedy, incompetent politicians…

• https://mychristiancare.org/medi-share/ Check this out it is working great for me. Read about it and call if you need to they are very nice and explain it all to you.

• Or, the uniparty repukelicans look like the fully invested cloward-piven destroyers that they are… just sayin’.

Because globalism.

3. Papoose says:

WAH! 20 million will be left behind without HC insurance. Go Home and get it in your own country.
    Just sayin’

• Minnie says:

Yes, Papoose!

I never thought of it this way before, thank you 👍

• Mike says:

Actually once people have to pay cash, many overseas locations have better prices for similar basics, + or -.

America needs to totally restructure in medicine to have competitive prices and results. The FDA and NCI are parts of the problem, not the solution.

• sg says:

that number is misleading. its based on the fact that the mandate will be gone, and so many ppl will choose not to buy insurance since there will no longer be fines for not doing so.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I have been wondering why no one is pointing out that a HUGE number of those who would “lose” Obamacare are ILLEGALS. The rest are people who would do better with private policies.

4. bulwarker says:

Kill the Filibuster and get it done right, right now. I’d rather Trump not have to rely on on these Congresscritters, RINOs, and frauds for Steps 1 & 3.

5. Phil aka Felipe says:

I used to be a Republican. (no bueno)

Now, I’m a TRUMPICAN!

• lastinillinois says:

I used to be a republican, now I’m a free thinkin’ sum batch!

• sg says:

i get the sentiment -problem is , when we got to vote there is no “Trumpican” choice. we have to accept the political reality we have and not one we would like to have. of course one CAN write in “Trumpican” and so ,in effect, vote for pelosi and schumer’s choice.that would be a great help to the Pres.

• Phil aka Felipe says:

“when we got to vote there is no “Trumpican” choice”

Yes, there is a choice.

Those Republicans, Democrats, or Independents either follow Trump’s agenda or they don’t.

Simple to know whether they are Trumpicans on the Trump Train or they are not.

• svenwg says:

In the primaries the Conservative Treehouse should recommend which one of the 15 candidates that are put up to ensure a traitor like McStain is reelected to vote for, thereby solidifying the vote behind a single candidate and ensuring that s/he is on the Trump Train for the actual election against the Demoncraps candidate!

6. Angry Dumbo says:

Humpty Dumpty can’t be fixed. Likewise OCare is broken, truth is it was designed to fail. Fixing it is a fools errand. Repeal is the only solution, back to the future. Short or repeal, I am in the let it fail camp. Failure will focus issues.

7. RedBallExpress says:

I really wish Trump could permanently bestow ObamaCare on the members of Congress and create something that works for everyone else.

• MaineCoon says:

Maybe today President Trump threatened to remove their special health care plan and they could get on the USA HC plan whenever they got around to passing it. Yawn.

8. blessdog says:

not frustrating at all – Trump isn’t about to let the dysfunctional swamp ruin his day over some thug puppet globalist psychopaths colluding to screw the American working people for those fat checks from the trillion dollar insurance industry lobby…and neither am I

• It might ruin your day and more when you get cancelled on your private individual plan and can’t get another one though.

• blessdog says:

let me clarify – i have a COMPLETELY different take than most on what i’ll call the racket of insurance, generally…
        in my 61 years, I’ve taken full, personal responsibility for my own health and well being, and health related expenses – never purchased insurance out of pocket (except some liability and add ons for my auto).
        But I’m really not interested in debating it…I respect and understand that many are convinced that they need insurance for their families to survive…
        As far as Trump’s reasons for not caring so much, I see him as understanding and accepting now, the complete obstruction that he’s facing from BOTH thug puppet parties, and simply not allowing it to bother or stress him all – as he gathers power, I think he cares less about the gyrations of the swamp…and that is heartening to me

• deanbrh says:

blessdog, I have to believe there are MANY thousands of us who are the same as you…..personal responsibility was all we had, back in the day. It wouldn’t have occurred to us to expect otherwise. We chose our employers based on the Benefits, and we didn’t all NEED or WANT the same Benefits. Why can’t we return to those days of Personal Responsibility?

9. freepetta says:

Swamp creatures!!

10. Tonawanda says:

Only Trump can sort this out.

No one, Trump or anybody, can get perfection.

Trump is the ONLY person who can get as close to perfection as possible.

This is the genius of the man we have supported through overwhelming hostility.

• Mike says:

Well, in fairness Rome wasn’t built in a day. We are likely to go through several stages of demolition and rework to get to the new, and truly improved.

11. georgiafl says:

Obamacare is the Democrats way to the US taxpayer paying for corporate America’s cheap imported labor’s healthcare, illegals and indigents health care.

In other words, it’s putting the burden of all that on our shoulders.

12. Phil aka Felipe says:

As we see President Trump sitting among all those GOP (good for nothing) Senators, I encourage you to contemplate this: Barack Hussein Obama is NOT the POTUS. AND NEITHER IS HILLARY!

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Psalms 150:6)

• eagledriver50 says:

And don’f forget…calling the Gopers there at 4:00 in the afternoon was not done without thinking about it first. This was done to put those creatures on the NEWS for 5 & 6 droppings. Just be patient a little while longer. WE will get a healthcare bill before recess…ALL of this pimping by these creatures is just that…pimping!!! Don’t spend too much time in weeds ya’ll!!!

13. alliwantissometruth says:

“The middle-class taxpayers’ healthcare interests, those on the individual market, are entirely disconnected from the political discussion by the professional political class”

And there lies the actual problem infecting all things government. The wealthy are taken care of & the poor are taken care of, yet the middle class, the ones who pay all the bills the government runs up, are a second thought at best & are the ones who bear the brunt of the pain

• Lily says:

You are exactly on the money with that statement. They never hesitate to tell us they need more money for more people. They’re even willing to bring into the country more poor people, immediately put them on welfare & Medicare, then tell us we didn’t give them enough.

14. andyocoregon says:

The longer this Republican Obamacare replacement drags on, the more I’m inclined to think President Trump should have just let Obamacare crash and burn, then start with a clean slate. The Dems would have to support anything at that point, I should think.

• It should have been left to die a cold and lonely death with absolutely nothing put forth from HUGE government put forth to replace it… we’ve been “conditioned” to not only accept “replace” but to now request it!

• Mike says:

From Alaska, we (a couple with cancers) are perfectly ok with that. Already wired around the network failures. However the IRS mandate was/is not okay.

• sundance says:

Trump killed the IRS mandate his 2nd day in office.

• M33 says:

I couldn’t be happier about it!
          Especially since I don’t have health insurance.
          Always seemed like some big scam to me.

• Mike says:

Yep, needs to stay that way. Dr Pepper poker (lots of wild cards) like politics in Congress.

• MVW says:

Coding, back office documentation requirements went out of sight with Obama Horror an is why there are more back office costs. The red tape is through the roof, a bureaucratic nightmare. Insanity.

Maximum flexibility, including cross state lines flexibility, back office coding flexibility, and treatment methods flexibility, is what has to be done. More word in a bill = more costs. More bureaucrats = more costs. More regulations = more costs.

Medical theory is stuck in the past. The Microbiome has yet to find its way into the understanding of Chronic Disease and theory is stuck in the past before the Microbiome was discovered. The Microbiome inhabits every tissue, organ, and even immune cells themselves, yet what it is doing, the idea of successive infection, the problem of immune suppressing protocols widely employed, is yet to have any effect on treatments and protocols.

Result: 60% of Americans have 1 or more chronic disease and 12.5% have 5 or more. The cost of just one chronic disease, Alzheimers, is estimated at $200 billion a year. Diabetes, heart disease, etc, you get the idea.

So, arguing how to pay for palliation and symptom management is just huge insanity.

The problem is the Medical Industrial Complex is responsible and is an institution put in place and regulated by law. Law and regulation is the foundation of permanent insanity.

15. wyntre says:

The WORST thing about the ACA boondoggle is WE are suffering from the evil intentions of the former WH occupant and he’s living the good life, along with the Sasquatch and their spawn, laughing his butt off over how he got “whitey” and brought the U.S. to its knees.

It irks me no end. He PLANNED this onslaught on our lives. He Deliberately set out to destroy our lives.

16. rumpole2 says:

Here is an idea for the Reptilian Senate Swamp caucus..
    (I suspect the Dim Senate Swamp caucus already incorporate this to some extent).

By all means “discuss” a Bill, make changes, but AT THIS STAGE (about) 48 Reps are in favor and only 4 opposed. The 4 opposed are CLEARLY out of step with the Party (and Trump). There “concern” is noted… now DO YOUR JOB and be a team player and vot YEAH!!
    It is arrogant (delusional) to imagine that you are right and the 48 are wrong.

I wonder if they have heard the story of the proud mother watching her son marching in a parade…
    “Look… my boy Jimmy is the only one in step”

• ALEX says:

I have seen up to seven against the initial draft and it’s probably more…There are 10-12 hardcore RINO…

• Bazza McKenzie says:

So how much “team playing” with Trump have we seen from McConnell and the other GOPe who are pushing this rejig of Obamacare? They haven’t supported the program on which the President was elected and this rejig is not what he campaigned on.

The holdouts are protecting America and President Trump. It is not their job to attempt to breathe a lingering life into a dying Obamacare and relabel that zombie as Trumpcare.

17. ALEX says:

Here is a fact. You could easily get enough republicans to vote with democrats to shore up Obamacare and screw the middle class republican taxpayer…Sad thought…

It’s just like the CR was veto proof and people on our side wanted the President to veto it…Reality is a b#&@$….

• Ron says:

President Trump will never sign it, so they’d almost all have to agree on it. He said he was going to get rid of Obamacare and that’s what he’ll do.

18. MaineCoon says:

Who do these Senators really think they have fooled?

We aren’t drinking the kool aid anymore. We know the drill.

We will give our President a whole bunch of new senators in ’18. Lots of them. He’ll have all the leverage. And he doesn’t forget.

• ALEX says:

That’s why the pain will be short lived I hope…2018 is looking to be nearly as big as electing our President…One of the Trump pollsters was on Hannity radio show and he said the Trump voter is engaged and turns out…They have no clue what we are going to do….

MAGA

• sg says:

i like the sound of that. we/they turned out in GA06. i think we still have the energy and enthusiasm.

• sg says:

i will add on thing though. Bob Gray ran as the maga candidate in the GA primary. of course we know Handel won. however , a few weeks before the election he criticized Handel for changing positions on various issues over the years (or something to that effect.) and added it was time for an “outsider” to win. by which he had to have meant ossoff. to me thats unacceptable, comes across as being a bitter loser, and def tarnishes his standing (imo) if i was a GA voter he would never get my vote now.

• treehouseron says:

That’s the thing, everybody’s eyes are opened now… this next election will be amazing.

• sg says:

we can only hope.

19. rjcylon says:

All the people who had great health care before Obamacare destroyed it, have Rand Paul to thank. I bet Mitch and Rand worked this out before hand.

20. MVW says:

It is amazing to me that we are spending 1/6 of our economy and what do we get? 60% of Americans have one or more chronic disease, and 12.5% have 5 or more! And over time the statistics are getting worse. What are we paying for then?

Palliation (feel good pills), and symptom management.

And we are arguing over how to pay for this? How should we restrict access to the various payment plans?

Medical Industrial Complex is bigger than the Military Industrial Complex.

21. R-C says:

I’m reminded of that time Arlen Specter went home to PA for some town hall meetings–and was destroyed by his constituents. They rocked him. Collins and the rest of the RINO cabal deserve the exact same treatment.

• big bad mike says:

Specter was a Dem after his hero Barry became President, then he lost Re-election to Toomey in 2010. Then he died a traitor.

• R-C says:

I’m well aware that Specter FINALLY chose to self-identify as what he was all along. I’m only talking about the thrashing he rightly took from his constituents.

• Remington..... says:

‘Seem to recall that lobster head had some problems a few years ago with fraud involving a online University problem. Her hubby was also involved. Maybe it’s time “exhume” that situation for another look.

22. carrie2 says:

Why keep blocking Trump and what he wanted: REPEAL and Replacement in only a couple of places, we would have the choice of being or not being insured, and we could choose anywhere in the US. With Ryan and his establishment creeps and the RINOS, DINOS and nasty democrats all indicating they don’t want us to have what is needed but embarrass Trump. Time we drain the Congress swamp because there were elected/hired by us to REPRESENT US and not those outsiders who make them millionaires. They can be impeached in spite of what crazy Maxine Waters says. 2018 will not be kind to either of the 2 parties in 1. AND I want then to leave with NO benefits/perks or huge salaries for life that we did not authorize for them. I am aghast that they just got back to DC and now going on a break again? They only work a few weeks a year and that needs to change. They need to return to their state/city and do their job by electronics in today’s world and no need to be nor live in DC where we can’t keep our eyes on them. Only 2 assistants and they have to read the material and know what it says. They have to grow up and respect our President and work with him to MAGA instead of playing games and changing what he said he wants. Amazing before ACA there were 40 million without insurance and most because they didn’t want any. Now they whine because some 20 million without insurance which is really a good many less than before. We are a Republic by and for the People and we need to step up to the plate and let them know their job is easy to remove so they better get with us and Trump and get things done. 8 years the republicans obeyed and gave Obama everything, and now they know that if they back Trump he will make it more difficult for them to take outside money, and think they will spend their whole lives in Congress. No way – it has been suggested and I like this: 2 3 yr. terms, and that is all. I also want a retirement age of 65 of 67 (average age in Congress is 76! and the feeders off of us continue term after term!), and if seen to be demented at any age, then immediate removal and we have a few that need to be removed now and we know who they are. Either we wake up and take back our America or just give all the keys to our robber barons.

• sg says:

” 8 years the republicans obeyed and gave Obama everything” . actually thats not exactly true. O did many things through (unconst.) e.o.’s precisely because the Repubs. would not enact some of the things he wanted. for example, amnesty, the clean power plan, cap and trade, just to name a few.

• eagledriver50 says:

Go back and crawl underneath a your rock…

23. dogsmaw says:

I wanna know…

Let’s get some statistics and let each state know what advantage it is to be a Senator and to feed at the trough from lobbyists :oP

Guaranteed Job for eight years!!!
    Guaranteed to keep their plan and choose their own doctor!!!
    Guaranteed Future Employment when they leave office!!!

Days worked this year: _?
    Yearly Salary: _?
    Cost of Insurance: _?

So maybe citizens from each state might just want to get a resume ready for these benefits!!!

24. Troublemaker10 says:

If Republicans don’t get this dine now (it’s now or never) and start unwinding the Obamacare tentacles so free market has a chance to properly work then they are going to be up against the next big progressive push…

Single payer.

Elizabeth Warren is already referring to Obamacare as the “failed conservative plan”….and single payer as the savior to all that ails us.

Elizabeth Warren Calls For Democrats To Embrace Single-Payer Health Care

25. Paul Killinger says:

Thus my earlier prediction still holds… This Senate will never take a roll vote on repealing/replacing Obamacare.

The main problem being is all the CAMPAIGN CASH isn’t in yet.

So my suggestion would be to watch Sen Cruz. Once he signals he’s ready to vote on the bill, you’ll know everyone has their pockets full and they can proceed.

26. Texian says:

It is so plain to see.. the People are not represented anymore. The Senate is totally disconnected.. we are but slaves to them.. and our Senators want to whip even more out us. The Senate serves corporatism fully and completely now.. Nazism now rules the House of Congress..

The Fourth Turning marches inexorably closer..

• sg says:

lets see, the “nazis” running the senate have passed , i think the Pres. said, 35-38 good bills that came from the House. they are getting through dozens of good judges DT has nominated. and while the results can be disappointing, to say the least, at times ..at least much of the time they are doing no harm. if they get the President’s chief goals through and then do not much else, freedom is safer.

• Texian says:

That many goodies huh? Give a few examples so I can delineate your definition of what is “good” for the people of this Country.

27. sg says:

they should do hc in a series of bills. also,Tom Price has the power to make big changes through regulation.

28. Ok, I might have had a slight notice this new episode was coming out… And it looks like it’s a good one! I might have seen a bit of it too, though… lol Perfect for this thread!

Swamp Creatures

• Donna in Oregon says:

I know it’s good, eh? Funky mood tonight because of Susan Collins acting stupid. I’d say something to a Republican Senator, if I had one.

29. jmcasper06 says:

Could Trump sign an EO requiring that each & every member of congress must immediately carry ocare, or ANY solution to it (without exception or waiver)? I’m seriously asking. I wonder if that would light a fire to get something done – including the motivation to just repeal this entire mess. It’s the biggest offense to me that the swamp hasn’t been subject to this disaster.

30. 6x47 says:

Before Obamacare I could cover my whole family of 4 for $350/month. $10 co-pay on office visits, and it covered 80/20 after the first $500 with a $1500 out-of-pocket maximum per individual ($3500 per family).

Now, the least expensive plan is $700/month, but it doesn’t cover anything at all until I pay 100% of the deductible – $1500 per individual, $7500 per family.

It’s like not having health insurance at all, really. Except for the very huge monthly payment that does nothing at all.

31. shirley49 says:

I wish Trump would put a group of knowledgeable medical experts to come up with a Healthcare bill. Paul Ryan met with his lobbyists to get their ok with the bill. Where is the competition in this bill? Are the deductibles going back to how they were. Are those stupid gold, silver and platinum going away. Are Congress and federal employees going to be exempt again. I have already sent a message to Trump via his WH email. We need to all do so to let him know that WE DO NOT WANT GOVERNMENT INVOLVED IN OUR HEALTH CARE.

32. JAS says:

Simple Questions:

– Who pays for Medicaid?: The Working Middle Class
    – Who pays for most all Insurance?: The Working Middle Class
    – Who pays for Politicians?: The Working Middle Class
    – Who can “barely afford” to pay for Insurance?: The Working Middle Class
    – Who do the Politicians want to protect?: People on Medicaid
    – Who gets “Platinum” Insurance for free?: Washington Politicians

I see a picture emerging here.

33. Buck Turgidson says:

A breath of fresh air leadership between a couple of old harpy used establishment liberal bags

34. Just wrote to my senators and representative to emphasize my disgust with their (lack of) actions. I expect this will be round-filed, but it still needed to be said.

LEGISLATIVE INCOMPETENCE
    You said your hands were tied because you didn’t control the House, so we gave you the House. But, you couldn’t do anything because you didn’t control the Senate, so we gave you the Senate. Oh, but you didn’t control the White House, so we gave you the White House. Now, we’ve given you both houses of the Legislature and the Executive – you control two branches of the US government, and still you plead that you can’t do anything. Liar – it isn’t that you CAN’T do anything; the problem is that you WON’T do anything, no matter what we give you. Despite your protestations and promises, you’re not in Washington, DC to work for your constituents – you’re there to work for yourself. Don’t ask me for money – I already gave; don’t ask me for votes, I don’t vote for liars and frauds.