President Trump Welcomes Arrival of Indian Prime Minister Modi (Video)…

Moments ago President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump welcomed Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the White House.

Prime Minister Modi is currently in United States in the second leg of his three-nation tour. This is PM Modi’s fourth visit to the US. However, this is his first visit to US with President Donald Trump, and comes at a time with Geo-strategic security and and economic trade interests at the forefront of policy issues for both countries. (Video and Pictures below)

This entry was posted in Economy, Education, FLOTUS, India, media bias, Melania Trump, President Trump, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

72 Responses to President Trump Welcomes Arrival of Indian Prime Minister Modi (Video)…

1. sundance says:

2. sundance says:

3. Publius2016 says:

Wow! So happy for FLOTUS…so classy and refined: a finer pair for our country would be impossible.

• Check out THAT DRESS!! Not only is that a statement to Modi but to his entire country that he represents! Totally WOW!

I have to hand it to FLOTUS Melania Trump; she has absolutely impeccable fashion taste.

• georgiafl says:

Melania’s (and Ivanka’s) clothes are beginning to get a lot of attention:

• Sylvia Avery says:

I find it absolutely fascinating how Melania manages to find the perfect outfit for the occasion.

This gown is not my favorite, but guess what? She didn’t choose it for me. She chose it for the occasion and my gosh it is a perfect choice. It really manages to show Indian influence, and is such an honor to India.

She communicates so intelligently using the language of her appearance and fashion. I cannot stop admiring how she does it. If it were me, I’d be picking an outfit based on weather, comfort, occasion. Melania takes it to a whole other level that I can’t recall ever seeing anyone else do.

• trialbytruth says:

That has to be silk never in my life have I paid so much attention to what someone wore. It truly is fun to watch her dress for her husband’s success an incredible ability to translate message into fashiom.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I know. And I can’t think of anyone else that managed to “message” with their clothing. Not Jackie Kennedy, not Princess Diana. I can’t think of anyone who has done this and done it so smartly. And looks fabulous, no matter what. Melania is a national treasure.

• trialbytruth says:

• JC says:

Well-said, Publius.
      A beautiful shot of the three of them walking by the Rose Garden. Thank you, SD.

• Abster says:

Yes, we are so blessed.

• indiana08 says:

I love her dress. The First Lady is one of these women who wears the clothes but doesn’t let the clothes wear her. That’s why she could wear a potato sack with a belt and women around the world would be buying potato sacks left and right to look like her.

4. Nigella says:

Love that Melania is there!

5. sundance says:

6. FL_GUY says:

I know it sounds weird but to me, the White House, the building itself, looks happy!

7. mark4trump says:

How does Melania do it? She looks like a fine Indian woman with her outfit! She is amazing 🙂

8. Pam says:

FLOTUS looks stunning as always.

• wheatietoo says:

I love seeing Potus & Flotus together.

There is this sort of unspoken communication going on, like they are on the same wavelength and are working in consort, synchronized.
      It’s very cool.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I don’t do “the Twitter.” However, I really enjoy reading the tweets from TEN-GOP. They are always spot on, and usually with a sly sense of humor.

9. fleporeblog says:

I can’t stop thinking about the reporter in the WH that always asks Sean Spicer about our President and India. I will never forget the time that the Wilburine was talking to the press and the reporter from India was asking trade questions and the Wilburine couldn’t understand what the hell he was saying. Finally reporters had to translate it for our Wilburine. I am cracking up as I write this!

10. Dora says:

11. Dora says:

More Pictures.

===

First Lady Melania Trump stuns in yellow floral-print crepe $2,160 gown to greet Indian Prime Minister at White House alongside her husband

12. Bob Thoms says:

What a genuinely warm greeting between these leaders………………

13. Mustang4176 says:

A beautiful sight for these old eyes!
    Thx SD.

14. QuestGirl says:

Our FLOTUS would be stunning in a burlap sack, with a belt. Even in old winter coveralls. Lovely women have it good like that, and Melania Trump is lovely and exquisite.

15. Janie M. says:

I find the repeat physical contact – handshaking, arm patting, etc. between President Trump and Prime Minister Modi telling. To me, it reflects mutual respect, admiration and a level of comfort. Reminds me of the interaction which also occurred when President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi visited the W.H.

16. Mike diamond says:

Right on president trump, first lady is beautiful !

17. 17CatsInTN says:

Anyone notice how the Prime Minister greeted our President with genuine affection and respect? Uh huh, me too.

Ok. I’m a woman. Gotta say it: that dress is PERFECT for the occasion. My goodness this woman knows how to dress with honor as well as style and class. Good thing I’m not the jealous type….lol!

18. C. Lowell says:

It’s nice to have a president America can be proud of again…

19. Jimmy Jack says:

I have long thought we should strengthen our relationship with India as a hedge against the expansionist powers of China and the ongoing extremist nuclear armed Muslim threat of Pakistan. This is very good to see.

20. NJF says:

Gaaaahhhh.

I simply can not concentrate on the main content when our lovely FLOTUS is in the frame!!!

21. jeans2nd says:

T-Rex has Our POTUS’ back.
    India stands vindicated as US names Hizbul chief Syed Salahuddin ‘global terrorist’
    “NEW DELHI: Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Salahuddin, who last year threatened to turn the Kashmir valley “into a graveyard for Indian forces”, was on Monday named a ‘Specially Designated Global Terrorist’ by the US, mere hours before PM Narendra Modi was scheduled to meet US President Donald Trump.

The US state department named Salahuddin…a global terrorist”

State Department Terrorist Designations of Mohammad Yusuf Shah AKA Syed Salahuddin
    “In September, 2016, Salahuddin vowed to block any peaceful resolution to the Kashmir conflict”

22. Reality Wins says:

Let the negotiations begin! We will start:
    For every IT job India has taken from an American worker,
    they have to take ten (count ’em-10!) registered Democrats to live in India.

23. wyntre says:

Melania is the ONLY woman I have ever seen who can pull off the color yellow and still look fabulously flawless.

Amazing.

• Serena says:

I so agree with you,Wyntre. That is one color that most people just don’t look good in and most women avoid it. But our awesome First Lady wears it with confidence and looks absolutely stunning.She is amazing!

24. jeans2nd says:

#TRUMPCARD and #ModiTrumpMeet are trending in India. This is a big deal for India.

Pres Modi addressed the Indian Diaspora yesterday in Virginia.
    Top 10 quotes from PM Modi’s address to the US Indian diaspora in Virginia

25. wyntre says:

26. Spencer's Mom says:

I’m so proud of the Italian designers (Dolce & Gabbana, Pucci, et. al.) for having the common sense to “dress” Melania – they are talented enough, classy enough, and independent enough to appreciate her beauty and the advantages of her showcasing their designs – unlike certain American designers who felt that they had to remain “loyal” to Michelle Obama. Puh-leeeze!

27. Sylvia Avery says:

Is it just me? Doesn’t it seem like PDJT does a lot more meeting with foreign heads of state than old whats-his-name? Or was it just that I found the sight and sound of him so distasteful that I avoided news involving him? But really, did BO just spend 8 years playing video games, watching ESPN, smoking dope, planning his next vacay? Seriously it seems like PDJT is a whirlwind. He NEVER slows down.

28. MrE says:

Hopefully, PM Modi will be willing to work with us on the Pakistan problem.

29. Serena says:

Every time I see Melania the Stevie Wonder song starts playing in my head ♫♫ “Isn’t She Lovely?” ♫♫ And yes she sure is one lovely woman. I adore our lovely First Lady.

30. rvsueandcrew says:

In the photo near the bottom of the post…. Is the carpet dirty? It looks terrible!