President Donald Trump held an informal luncheon with news reporters and TV anchors today in advance of the upcoming international visit.  Brett Baier reports President Trump was relaxed, warm and comfortable and showing no change in disposition from all prior encounters. Most of the discussion was off the record, however the president did release the following response to a question from one of the participants at the meeting:

Reporter Question:You made a point about the special counselor and and you believe it hurts this country” —

President Trump: “I believe it hurts our country terribly, because it shows we’re a divided, mixed-up, not-unified country. And we have very important things to be doing right now, whether it’s trade deals, whether it’s military, whether it’s stopping nuclear… all of the things that we discussed today. And I think this shows a very divided country.

It also happens to be a pure excuse for the Democrats having lost an election that they should have easily won because of the Electoral College being slanted so much in their way. That’s all this is. I think it shows division, and it shows that we’re not together as a country. And I think it’s a very, very negative thing. And hopefully, this can go quickly, because we have to show unity if we’re going to do great things with respect to the rest of the world.”

~ President Donald J Trump

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, FBI, Legislation, media bias, President Trump, Russia. Bookmark the permalink.

373 Responses to President Trump Releases Additional Statement on DOJ Special Counsel Appointment…

1. Sylvia Avery says:

Okay, folks. I have my doubts about Mueller and the Special Counsel process just like many of you have expressed. It looks like the Deep State is winning.

HOWEVER, let’s shake it off. We don’t have time for that. We know, we have seen, it has been proven over and over that PDJT is a winner, a “killer” if you will. He is not some naive, foolish blunderer without plans and purpose. Don’t fall into the trap of writing him off. He has got this, and he has the power of our Lord protecting and supporting him. Never doubt that. He also has our support. No one likes the media or finds them trustworthy. Trump has us, and he has our prayers and our actions.

There isn’t much I can do, but I figure I can do this much. I am identifying a list of Republicans on Capitol Hill who either need praise for standing up for our President (won’t be much of THAT) or they need to be reminded that there are Trump supporters out there. Now, they don’t care about people who aren’t in their state or their district, but I am collecting addresses from post offices or other buildings that are in the state or district. Short, simple messages like: Why don’t I see you on TV supporting our President? I’ll remember this at election time.

That and pray is all I know to do and all I am able to do right now, other than to be prepared in case this cold civil war turns hot. I cheer every time I see a treeper talking about getting organized locally. I think that is super important. Unfortunately, I live in the bluest little old corner of the world so that isn’t too effective for me.

Let’s roll!

• Sylvia: I second that a thousand times.

• shallbe4 says:

On the local news a reporter said that Trump is considering Joe Lieberman as FBI Director. The reporter went on to say that Lieberman is a Democrat but has two good friends John McCain and Lindsay Graham who are Republicans. I pray this is Fake News. Please God enough already.

• L. says:

Is it possible that President Trump wants Lieberman’s name leaked at this particular time to quiet the left? After all he will not be in the country and it certainly gives the left and the media a bone. Perhaps he has no intention of using Lieberman at all? Wondering-

• Sherlock says:

That would be a very bad appointment indeed.

• shallbe4 says:

Trump’s National Security Adviser Dina Powell was leaking to the NY Times. This came out today.

• litlbit2 says:

Bout time, seems almost to easy. Makes sense her appointment. Keep or friends close and your enemies closer. President Trump knows much more than most think he knows.

Thinking how many whether msm, GOPe, or others that are in the crosshairs of a new legal department that will uphold the law and prosecute when necessary.

• Fe says:

The deep state is not winning, but I agree it “looks” like they are. Looks can be very deceiving! God is orchestrating the stories and events beautifully and it is a wonderment to my eyes and heart to be a witness watching it all unfold.

Love your plan of action Sylvia 😀. I can’t do much due to health issues except fervently pray, share articles, and trust the Lord to restore our country back to we the people. The gospel will continue to go out as a result which is the ultimate goal and plan behind all of this. It IS a spiritual battle. Satan loses every time. Praise the Lord! We all just need to keep praising the Lord.

• Minnie says:

I have personally witnessed God’s hand and His miracles.

Faith and trust, my friends, that’s all He requests in return ❤️

• Sylvia Avery says:

Fe, I’m in a similar position. But I believe so firmly in the power of prayer I think that may be the most important thing we can do. I for one give in too easily to pessimism and I think it is really important that we bear each other up when we stumble and keep on doing our part.

I always look forward to your comments. Your faith and trust inspire me and encourage me and remind me to turn to prayer. It may not seem like much to you, but it means a great deal to me.

• redlegleader68 says:

Fe, a small aside: God Bless You and Get Well Soon!!

• Fe,
        I had moments of doubt several times today about how this would turn out. Each time, I went to the Lord and he led to me verses where he brought up a leader and when it looked like all was lost, the Lord intervened and kicked the plotters to the curb. My life experience has taught me to believe in Him when He leads me to His Word. I am at peace and know we will be fine through His power.

• Gil says:

Everything counts no matter how small the act appears to be. You never know whats going to be the spark for something bigger! 🤗

• Eileen says:

I heard a very good explanation from a former NSA person about this: he expects Comey to get off and no investigation because it is his job to protect the swamp like it was Comey’s. So why did the President ( or DOJ) do this? Any investigation will lead to Clinton, Obama, the DNC, Podesta and the FBI itself. In fact, this guy thinks Comey ordered the assassination of Seth Rich and that investigation will go no nowhere. So what does Trump get out of it? A quiet Congress! A Congress that is willing to shut up about the Russians. He is NOT a Special Prosecutor – so nobody is charged or going to be charged with a crime. Yes Comey deserves the orange jumpsuit; in exchange for Mueller, Comey goes away and the Justice Dept becomes free to prosecute the others. This guy also speculates that someone in the DC swamp will agree to throw Clinton under the bus and she’ll be prosecuted. Trump also gets to advance his agenda. IMHO, it was orchestrated and I think that is why Trump threw threw out his tweet about those tapes.

• Rebnstx says:

Sylvia A, thank you for those words I needed them. Sorry to say but because of health issues I don’t travel or get out much. I have just little computer skills but looking forward for your posting on address etc. If needed I am willing to meet other treepers in my area, South Texas. I will keep reading here.

• peace says:

Here’s a copy of a letter someone (sorry i can’t give credit here) posted earlier on this site. I thought it was excellent and sent it to my Illinois reps:

emailed both my senators this

I am sick of this inhumane treatment of Donald Trump who is the President of the United States of America. Every Republican in Congress who does not stand up and defend President Trump, those who do not support his agenda, are making a mockery of what should be the most dignified office in all of the world.

Trump supporters will not stop our support of President Trump regardless of what schemes the Lying Media and the Progressive party come up with, our support of President Trump will never waver. I and we resent the enemies of America, the lying propaganda arm of the MSM and their DNC political allies with their attempts to subvert our Constitution while slandering our President and their attempts to prevent our President from doing his duty.

We are sick of the violence, the threat of violence and the rhetoric coming from the Progressives whose side lost the election.

Time to do your duty Sir, it is time to take a stand and support President Trump both publicly and privately. It is time to denounce the attacks on President Trump. It is time to end the Witch Hunt against the man We the People elected to be President.

I will not donate a dime to the Republican party for any reason and I will work to try and make sure as many incumbent Republicans lose their seats in Congress.

Regards,

• WSB says:

Sylvia, just to assuage your well based skepticism. I found a small quote by Alan Dershowitz this morning on Breitbart.

The entire article is interesting but here is the best quote:

“The only legitimate targets of a special counsel, Dershowitz says, would be “those current and former intelligence officials who willfully leaked classified and highly secret information to the media” over the past several months.”

So, putting 2+2 together, it may be that since a special counsel works IN SECRET and in conjunction with a grand jury, that Mueller was was really hired to investigate the leaks in Trump Tower and the White House.

A glimmer of strategy by Rosenstein? He has been in the FBI long enough to review the true evidence so far, no?

• shallbe4 says:

There is one other thing we all can do. Its called Ask a Question of the President. Unfortunately I didn’t take down the entire number but its 202 — 4111. One of Hannity’s guests said its the best thing we can do for Trump to show we are with him all the way. Sorry about not remembering the full number.

• Sylvia Avery says:

Got it! President’s Comment Line. 202-456-1111. Also you can go to Whitehouse.gov and click on get in touch. It provides that phone number and also the email information. I just went there and sent an encouraging email.

2. https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/05/18/rnc-chair-calls-on-gop-unite-trump-n2328911

Republican National Committee Chair Ronna Romney McDaniel questioned reports Thursday that President Trump fired former FBI Director James Comey because he wanted the agency to drop its investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

“If Comey really thought the president had crossed a line he would have reported it and he didn’t,” Ronna Romney McDaniel said on Fox News Radio. “There is an investigation that is going to take place, we are going to get to the bottom of that.”

Despite a series of media ‘bombshells’ this week regarding the Trump administration, including the Comey memo, McDaniel called on Republicans to unite behind the commander in chief.

“We need to rally around our president right now. He’s had unprecedented obstruction from the Democrats and the media. They are coming after him with everything, and this is the time for our party to be rallying around our leader, which is our president, who the people voted to represent them,” she said.

• deanbrh says:

Am I the only one who simply cannot, under any circumstances, support anyone from the Romney clan being Chair of the RNC? Given the millions of Republicans available, why choose Mitt’s niece?

• Sylvia Avery says:

deanbrh, I thought that too at the time the announcement was made. I believe (not certain) the Romney woman was head of the Michigan RNC and it was a reward for delivering Michigan to Trump. That makes sense. However, I admit I don’t know what the actual job of the RNC Chair is but I surely think part of it should be to stir the troops to support the President and the RNC has sure been quiet. Mittens wasn’t much of a fighter, either.

• bigsy says:

I think this is more a case where this woman sees the writing on the wall and is warning the republicans not to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Looking at the Seth Rich case as an example:

If we consider, as a conservative estimate, that 50% of Americans go about their daily lives not too interested in politics, a murder case like this will pique more interest than the usual political blah blah.

So we have a case where a young guy working in the Clinton campaign ends up dead. Suspiciously.

Older Americans will hear Clinton and suspicious death and will form an immediate opinion of what may have happened.

Younger Americans, watching the shills destroy their message boards, will counterattack and learn for the first time about the Clinton reputation.

The democrats trying to cover this up with “Russia” 24/7 is a losing proposition. No one in that 50% will buy it.

The democrats are being routed and this woman is trying to tell the republicans to be smart enough to stfu while the enemy is screwing up.

• deanbrh says:

Well “this woman” sent out a plea for donations today, by e-mail, so the RNC can fight “sabotage” of Trump. I have to ask why we taxpayers need to donate to a Party that has done NOTHING I can see to EVER benefit President Trump. We The People, without ANY help from those who should have been cheering him on, got him where he is thus far. Where the hell has she been for the last 4 months, just for starters?

• The campaign website, DonaldJTrump.com, and the joint fundraising operation with the Republican National Committee took in more than $314,000 in contribution Wednesday, which is a one-day record for fundraising since the election, said the campaign.

• daizeez says:

I read where Pat Buchanan said he was concerned if the GOP doesn’t pass tax reform and healthcare they may lose enough house seats that the Democrats will try to impeach Trump and can be successful. That really bothers me because I can see them using that as a way to keep their lousy jobs. I just want someone to run against them in a primary. As far as the RNC why haven’t they been pushing the GOP for not supporting the party platform? All Trump’s agenda items, including the wall, are in the party platform.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I’m glad to see the RNC make a stand. But there doesn’t seem to be much fight in them. I’d like to have seen the RNC out right along making STRONG forceful statements and whipping their elected officials to get on the Trump Train and support it vigorously. Surely that is part of their responsibility? If not, it should be. There is no room for weak, tepid support or hiding under the bed until the Dims have taken it all back and they can resume their comfort zone position of lobbing occasional insults at their rulers.

• ALEX says:

Romney McDaniel was supporting President Trump back when her uncle Mitt was bashing him…She is way better then Reince in my opinion…He is a snake and she stood with the President against establishment like her Uncle..

• pyromancer76 says:

Is Ronna Romney McDaniel the real deal? I would like to know. She sent me an invitation to join “troops” for Trump from my State, California. i had 48 hours to make up my mind.

The invitation sounded like it was going to Trump supporters in every state. It also asked for a donation. So far I refuse to donate anywhere except to President Trump himself, but I receive no solicitations from him. I imagine he is way too busy.

However, who do I trust? I would have joined this in a heartbeat, but my thought was I would be contributing to the GOPe.

I was Tea Party in California until the reformers were taken over by establishment Republicans. The pitch was that we must support Republicans now; when “we” are strong enough then we will pass Tea Party reforms.

Yeah, Uh Huh.

3. pochas94 says:

Those swamp creatures make a lot of noise, when you’re draining their swamp.

• Ron says:

Absolutely! This is the key! When you throw a rock at a pack of dogs, the one that screams is the one that got hit.

The reason the Libs and the Deep State are freaking out is because we threw a cannonball in their direction, and they got hit. All this talk about changing government? We just elected the guy who’s actually going to DO it, not just talk about it.

So they’re bringing out all the big guns. They have to. Their reaction is vindication that we made the correct pick.

BTW….. it’s going to get worse!

• Compared to Trumps roar they sound like…..

4. I ‘ain’t worried about nothing’ because I know my God is The Power behind our President and as long as those with even an ounce of REAL Faith will get into UNITY with those of us who get up and show up every day and keep this nation and this President covered under The Blood…we will walk right over satan and everyone of his operatives!

5. Liked by 3 people

6. wyntre says:

Oh FSS!

John Roberts reporting that there are now questions about Pence!

7. Scotty19541 says:

Does anyone here actually think the Special Counsel was a surprise to PDJT? LOL…. if so I believe that you need to rethink what you know about President Trump! My take on this is simple …. Bannon and Trump came up with this. They know Mueller and tho they could not put a vociferous Trump supporter in this position they trust Mueller will be fair and honest. NOTHING happens that PDJT hasn’t set in motion inside our Lions cabinet! They are his wolverines and that include Sessions! And do not think for 1 second that Sessions isn’t in charge tho he recused himself from OFFICIALLY acting on the muh Russian crap. By acting upset about all this (it IS a tremendous waste of resources after all) PDJT is doing what he does best …. giving the swamp scum more rope and getting them to feel like they are winning until all of a sudden …. SNAP!! there goes their scrawny necks!

8. wyntre says:

Ron DeSantis on with Lou says:

A Special Counsel is assigned when there is a criminal matter.

But the issue is a counter-intelligence matter.

Speculation that Rosenstein buckled in to media/dim pressure.

He has to answer questions about why he decided on a Special Counsel.

• wyntre says:

“An iron triangle to seize the Whitehouse. It’s a coup attempt against the American people.

How many felonies have been committed by people releasing classified information.

Media laughed at the idea of special prosecutors for Lois Lerner and Eric Holder.”

At least there’s ONE Republican out there supporting President Trump.

• Sylvia Avery says:

After Rod Rosenstein briefed the Senate, sweet Miss Lindsey ran for the first mic and explained that this is clearly a criminal investigation not counterintelligence so now it will be very hush hush and may mean the Senate Committees information is limited and certainly the public’s info will be limited. I don’t know what to think of this. Need a bit to process it. Here’s the link if you want to read it in the NY Post.

• wyntre says:

Linda is sending conflicting messages, as usual. I prefer his earlier comments.

• Sylvia Avery says:

wyntre, I know I was trying to reconcile the two statements from Lindsey. Slightly baffled. But who knows? The NY Post is fairly reliable for old media, but who knows anymore? I trust none of them.

• deanbrh says:

Catherine Herridge is the Reporter who ran with the Graham idea that the probe has gone beyond “investigation” into “CRIMINAL investigation.” She tried soooo hard to get other senators to buy into that, but none would. I used to admire her. Now I see her as just another azzhat Reporter who twists the news to make it a big negative against Trump. Bret Baier has always done that, to the max, but I was sooo disappointed to watch Catherine Herridge really working the Senators to get them to agree with Graham. Roger Ailles, defamed president of FOX, died today, by the way. I wonder if Catherine was one of his accusers.

• Sylvia Avery says:

That makes me sad. Catherine Herridge was on my short list, very short list, of good journalists.

I watched Rep. Ron DeSantis tonight on Lou Dobbs show. He said the House Committee on who knows what was getting briefed by Rosenstein tomorrow and that he was planning to ask him what had changed to move this from a counter intelligence investigation to a criminal investigation, because so far he doesn’t see it as a criminal investigation at all and he wants DOJ to explain itself.

• deanbrh says:

Catherine interviewed 5 senators, subsequent to Graham saying the matter had crossed the line into Criminal, and she tried to get them all to agree with Graham. None of them did. In fact, some had not even thought of the distinction between a plain investigation and a criminal investigation until she brought it up. KI will not ever trust her again, she was so doggedly wanting them to say it was criminal.

• Lindsay Graham said as much, he said the dems won.

• Sherlock says:

Pat Buchanan has the same take–Rosenstein needed to get back into the good graces of the Beltway elite–and has done so. Washington Post says he “redeemed himself” with this single move.

• Harleyd says:

It’s hard to believe that with Republican control of the White House, the Senate and the House of Representatives, plus all the administrative levers, the Dems are still setting the agenda. And this in an environment where the country is in real trouble, morally, culturally, militarily and financially.

It shows how deep, powerful and entrenched the Swamp Creatures are. Trump needs to pick a few who have really broken laws and see to it that they are indicted. This may change the tone and direction in DC.

Absent such a change, there is little hope. If Trump can’t do it, who can?

• WSB says:

Wyntre, Alan Dershowitz quote below:

I believe Sundance was correct. Rosenstein has seen the evidence already and knows the real investigation is the one of criminal leaks that Trump has been tweeting about to be investigated. They have cloaked this investigation in the Russia farce.

A special counsel works in secret with a grand jury, so this is the perfect cover for Mueller.

PJDT excels at a poker player’s game.

9. Stringy theory says:

Looks like the concern trolls are out tonight. Lots of new names here too. I take that as a sign the anti-Trump forces are scared shitless. Trump knows what’s going on and has the situation in hand.

10. flawesttexas says:

Be ready to Primary your NeverTrump House rep and Senator in 2018

• Stringy theory says:

Plan on doing just that. In 2016 Trump asked his supporters to vote for Republicans, but in 2018 thos who did nothing to support Trump need to be ousted.

11. lisaginnz says:

Gateway Pundit is reporting special counsel Mueller is NOT a “great” guy… at all. Apparently he was in on the uranium deals the Clintons did w/Russia… anyone here have more research on Mueller??!!!!!

12. wyntre says:

Chris Ferrell of judicial Watch is urging President Trump to release info from the Obama Administration in the interests of transparency, the same way Obama released Bush information.

Great idea.

(Sorry, I didn’t get the details of which dox Farrell was referring to)

Dobbs is exhibiting controlled cold anger.

13. fleporeblog says:

Thank you Lou Dobbs! He just has Chris Farrell from Judicial Watch on his show. Chris asked for “Extreme Transparency” from the WH allowing Judicial Watch to get their hands on all types of documents during the Obama presidency. Lou loved the idea and asked Chris if he has spoken with the WH. Chris said he wrote something on his website. Lou said that isn’t going anywhere. He told Chris that the 2 of them will call the WH together. At the end of the time slot he reiterated it! Lou is putting some serious skin in the campaign! Thanks again Lou for your love and support of our President!

• Sylvia Avery says:

Terrific to hear that! Judicial Watch has been stalwart, and this is great news! Hurray!

• Mariposa 323 says:

Drudge headlines is that Impeachment talk is cooling … wonder what they have up there sleeves ? Perhaps the fear of their own impeachments looming with the new special counsel ?

• Stringy theory says:

One word: Mueller

• WSB says:

Agreed. I think someone just explained to them what a special counsel is.

Sundance was right. They were thrilled…and now they are not!

• churchmouse says:

The content of the article shows that Drudge’s headline is misplaced.

The Dems are not at all cooling on impeachment. They want to do it in a constitutional, legal way:

‘Senator Richard J. Durbin, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate, was even more forceful in speaking of the party’s activists.

‘“They wanted the president gone on November the 10th of last year,” Mr. Durbin said. “I want to make certain that we follow the law, follow the Constitution, do it in an orderly way and not to get into a crazed political crusade at this point.”

‘But such a measured approach is not sufficient for those progressives who are channeling the fierce urgency of now.’

• WSB says:

Oh, I am sure they are still on the warpath, save for this paragraph:

“Democratic members of Congress have for weeks sought to find their own political safe space when it comes to questions about removing Mr. Trump, calling for a special prosecutor and a thorough investigation and airing of all the facts. But the decision Wednesday by the Justice Department to name the former F.B.I. director Robert S. Mueller III as special counsel for the investigation into Russia’s interference in last year’s election has complicated their position.”

14. ALEX says:

Whatever I think the fact is a Special Counsel with all sorts of power has been put in place…on its face that’s ridiculous…

15. Sometimes I think this is the only site that remains sane.

16. albrevin says:

I wouldn’t blame President Trump ump if he liquidated all his assets, put the cash overseas, moved his family out of the country…. then declassify every government document that’s ever existed and resigns, giving a big middle finger to Washington DC as he walks out the door.

• Mariposa 323 says:

Yet we are blessed that Trump is not a quitter !

• NC PATRIOT says:

He will gladly “take the slings and arrows for YOU”—–as he said on the campaign,folks. “And when things seem to go badly, you put your head down and fight, fight, fight—-and you never ever give up! ” (yesterday at the Coast Guard graduation) The lion roars !

And when when Bret Baer was asked how the President seemed at the luncheon with press members today—–he said “he was calm and acted just like he usually does.”

• WSB says:

Hysterical!

17. Pam says:

18. Scotty19541 says:

Keep in mind the III percenters! I consider myself one of them. When the SHTF in the Revolutionary War somewhere around 3% of the population took up arms and joined the fight! There are about 300 million people in the US so the 3 percenters would be an armed force of about 9 million patriots would take out the uniparty if they ever tried to pull a coup on PDJT. You can check them out at http://iiipercent.blogspot.com/ but be warned the site is not for the timid! The basic marching orders are ‘If the SHTF then go out, find something evil and kill it!’ LOL…. the antifas and snowflakes have absolutely no clue what they would be up against! God Bless President Donal J Trump and may His will be done!

19. Pam says:

This is dated 2-23-17 but it applies to what is happening now. We will be hearing from this man again next week. He’s been right on everything so far.

• Landslide says:

Yes, Mark is the real deal. His prophecy from 2011 was first aired in April 2016 by Rick Wiles of Tru News. I have listened to it many times. (onYou Tube) It brings tears to my eyes every time. Prophets are proven when their prophecies come to pass. Mark’s have been spot on. So encouraging!!

20. wyntre says:

More on the Mueller-Comey connection:

According to a lengthy Washingtonian article published on the eve of Comey succeeding Mueller as FBI head, Mueller was the “one person in government in whom [Comey] could confide in and trust.”

As the showdown with Bush was going on, Comey, riding with Mueller to the White House, reflected on the impending fight that could be bearing down on the men. “At least Bob Mueller will be standing on the tracks with me,” Comey thought, according to The Washingtonian.

When Comey was initially called to Ashcroft’s bedside, his first call was to Mueller who reportedly responded: “I’ll be right there.”

Now he’s tasked with evaluating Comey’s accounts and recollections as he tries to play arbitrator in a mushrooming saga that’s clouded Trump’s nascent presidency.

• Howie says:

Do you know what court venue the SC is in? If he were to charge anyone what court would he go to with the charges? I can’t find it.

• Howie says:

What I think is that if he finds evidence of criminal activity he then takes it to the DOJ. They then prosecute, using the evidence. The counsel is not a prosecutor himself. More like a detective in a local police department that has special powers. ???? A detective with subpoena power and grand jury? Ahh dunno.

• bigsy says:

If this report is accurate, maybe Mueller is the guy who can talk Comey off the ledge.

If you look at the number of diametrically opposed statements Comey has made, maybe he’s been swamped with so many opinions pushing him to act in a certain way he’s lost any kind of legal orientation.

If Mueller is a friend, maybe he can get Comey back on a consistent track and stop him from reacting to pressure from opposing sides with misguided statements.

Bottom line from the get go is that Comey has said publicly there is no there there wrt Trump/Flynn/Russia. If Mueller can get Comey back to that position, and drop the emotional reactions it will be a positive thing for the Trump administration.

21. Howie says:

The legal process and rules are there. If followed they will lead to the truth. The problem is when the trier of the facts is not impartial. Social Justice is nowhere in the rules. Is there an impartial fact trier left anywhere? If not….time for a fight.

22. David R. Graham says:

The doorway to demanding and calling this investigation is said to be Russia. Actually it is Turkey.

Turkey is a synonym for Moslem Brotherhood. They wanted to take Raqqa and Mosul, keep them as prizes of reborn Turkic Empire. Kurds prevented the former, Iraqi Arabs and Kurds the latter. Modern Turkey is a Salafi hegemon nation state ambitious as the Moslem Caliphate.

Mike Flynn nixed a Pentagon plan to help Kurds take Raqqa. Pentagon nixed Mike Flynn, then helped/is helping Kurds take Raqqa. Because they fight and because they are Indo-Europeans, not Arabs or Turks, and not death-eating Salafis.

Trump people undergoing OJT, especially regarding Moslem Brotherhood. Learned auspiciously early that Mike Flynn was Turkey/Moslem Brotherhood, not as traitor plotting, I think, but as ignoramus in over his head.

Brazen Turk anger in this video — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3cH5x6j-Gw — reflects their frustration over USA supporting Kurds, especially Syrian Kurds at Raqqa and Iraqi Arabs and Kurds at Mosul.

John McCain — much worse than an ignoramus in over his head — is on Moslem Brotherhood/Turkey side — of his own knowledgeable volition — violating the Logan Act since 2008 and earlier — a bitter, old loser, to include graduating near the bottom of his class at Annapolis — most recently meeting in Syria with ISIL and AQ to focus both against Russia/Assad while planning to betray them at Raqqa/Mosul/Eastern Syria to the other Salafi horde on the scene: Moslem Brotherhood/Turkey. He is hated in Iraq, and by more than one nation’s representatives present there.

At its deepest level, the fight in D.C. now — a necessary one — is over whether American representatives of the American electorate or John McCain and the Moslem Brotherhood (CAIR, etc.) helm the USA. At a shallower level, the fight in D.C. now — also a necessary one — is over whether American representatives of the American electorate helm the USA towards spiritual, intellectual, moral and cultural independence — or — the so-called intelligence community feeding actionable data to its control freak partners in the bureaucratic deep state, in politics, in mega-banks and in so-called trans-national corporations helms the USA towards the delusion of a rules-based global order under a cruel posturing of global governance.

Does America belong to Americans or, like Europe now and for millennia, to unelected, untouchable, semi-anonymous, autonomous, unchallengeable and permanent policy makers (aka Royalty, Aristocracy, Oligarchy) populating GOs and NGOs? It is kind of an ancient, necessary and therefore recurring question, and at periodic moments of clarity it always goes one way: towards popular freedom and away from elitist compulsion. It always will … because it has to … because freedom is natural whereas compulsion is abnormal.

America’s authority is America’s nature as a sovereign nation state inspired by, concretizing and inspiring divine freedom. America always will be hated by control freaks foreign and domestic, of this world and of others. POTUS Trump is a builder, not a control freak. An American, not a snoot. That is the Divine Way.

23. AndrewJackson says:

So I have been doing a mental dis-service to myself and watching the enemy media (cnn/msnbc). I watched for about an hour last night and then another hour today. The change in their framing in just one day was absolutely stunning. Yesterday, was “the sky is falling”, “grounds for impeachment”, “staffers need to lawyer up”, etc. Today was a complete 180. Now they are talking about “Undermining Pence”, “Not Vetting Flynn”, etc. I seriously think overnight they did the polling and figured out the numbers and determined now was not the right time. Perhaps it was the special counsel, I don’t know. All I know is that the enemy seriously retreated its attack level today.

24. psadie says:

The President needs to STOP TALKING for now there is a Special Counsel to deal with it all…the less said the better! Step away from it before you are accused of something else!

• Sherlock says:

That is the advice most competent attorneys would offer, I believe, at least at this stage.
      Plenty of time for talking later. Now, no comments until and unless a coherent strategy emerges suggesting that is the wisest course, legally as well as politically.

25. Sherlock says:

Pat Buchanan’s take on Rosenstein: He did it to get back into the good graces of WaPo and others after being shunned for writing the “Comey needs firing” memo.

26. Trump2020 says:

An article on Gateway pungent say Dina Powell is the WH leaker. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/report-trumps-deputy-natsec-advisor-dina-powell-leaks-new-york-times/ She should be fried in my opinion.

27. Trump2020 says:

Pundit! Dang note pad xoxoxoxoxox,

28. jstanley01 says:

Here’s a couple of fun facts that NOBODY has pointed out that I know of:

FACT NUMBER ONE: Trump fired Flynn on February 13.

FACT NUMBER TWO: Trump had dinner with Comey on February 14.

QUESTION FOR THE LIBTARDS: Why would Trump try to pressure the FBI to end an investigation of a man he just fired?

It is noteworthy that the original New York Times story does not give a date for the dinner. It just says, “in February.” That’s what you call a telling omission….

• I don’t make a practice of reading the New York Times but did (out of boredom) peruse this article.
      Surprise,surprise! It reads just like a low-rated spy novel or good ole gossip column.
      Honestly, my favorite author is John Grisham. I’ve never actually purchased or read a low-rated spy novel, b/c I peruse the book before reading/purchasing. I’m not very good at staying with gossip columns either; don’t have the patience for the lack of authenticity.
      So, you’ll have to suffer through this NY Times blather yourself if you really want to know what is printed, if you think it worth your precious time.

29. mimbler says:

Has comey actually been contacted to verify his memo? I haven’t seen that he has been.

• albrevin says:

He’s laying low, trying to figure out how to square his ‘memo’ with his testimony saying there has been no influence….. give him time, he’ll figure out some weaselly explanation that can be spun to make Trump look bad but in actuality answers nothing and leaves the door wide open to more questions and more testimony……. it’s how he roles.

30. mailmannz says:

The establishment hasn’t found anything after 6 months if trying. They most certainly won’t find anything in a year’s time. Mostly because when you are chasing a hoax there is nothing to find.