A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The NSC Meeting…

The anti-Trump media jumped into a level of gleeful frenzy today amid a required security filing noticing that Senior Trump Adviser Steve Bannon was no longer a member of the “principals committee” on the National Security Council.

The hilarity cemented itself when competing media outlets were arguing about Steve Bannon being on the NSC, or being kicked-off the NSC, while Bannon walked past them en route to today’s NSC meeting.  Wait, wha… huh?   Yeah -{Insert Laugh Track HERE}-

Nothing ever happens in a vacuum, and today is no exception.   No, Steve Bannon is not being removed from the Senior advisory role to President Trump and will attend NSC meetings with the President.  Bannon’s security clearance therein remains unchanged.

However, Bannon is removing himself from the Principal’s Committee of the H.R. McMaster NSC (*note* he never attended the committee meetings, well, that is, he did, once), now that the political weaponization of NSC intelligence operations has been removed; and McMaster has recalibrated the incoming intelligence agencies to remove the political intelligence they were previously used to sending.

What does that prior paragraph mean?

Start by reminding yourself of the current headlines about National Security Adviser Susan Rice requesting raw intelligence to the NSC based on Obama’s political agendas’, not national security.

HR McMaster, the current National Security Adviser of President Trump, had to reset and re-instruct each of the heads of the intelligence agencies who provide intelligence to the NSC to remove the political intelligence.

McMaster needed to visit with each agency, CIA, NSA, State Department and Defense to reorient them on what national intelligence the Trump administration wishes to receive within the National Security Council.

President Trump doesn’t want the national intelligence agencies sending him updates on what Senator Schumer had for lunch, where and who he dined with.  Instead President Trump prefers the intelligence agencies focus on global security issues that are actually vital to the national security interests of the country.

H.R McMasters instructions toward he intelligence agencies has just freed up thousands of hours of operational intelligence (spying and analysis) to focus on real threats unrelated to domestic politics.  Subsequently with the new direction established, Steve Bannon doesn’t need to be a pre-filter for NSC raw intel any longer.   Bannon can now be a consumer of that intelligence, just like President Trump.

White House Chief Legal Counsel Don McGahn’s job also just got a lot less stressful.

Secondly, with the anticipation of President Obama’s Nat Sec Adviser Susan Rice remaining in the headlines as more is discovered about her role in the weaponization of intelligence for political use, there’s no better time for political Bannon to exit the NSC Principals Committee than right now.

It would be a little sketchy for Rice’s political weaponization of the NSC to be exposed in the media headlines while Steve Bannon, painted as a pure political partisan, sat on the Principals Committee of the Trump NSC.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, CIA, Conspiracy ?, Deep State, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, media bias, NSA, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

401 Responses to A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The NSC Meeting…

1. zephyrbreeze says:

I NEVER DOUBTED!! Not for a moment.
    I was thinking about Andrew Breitbart today, and the unlikeliness of Breitbart News, and all that has meant to the world. Steve Bannon has a mission, and I have confidence in the Plan.

• George Wallace says:

If true, absolutely incredible. I wonder who else they’ve been spying on.

• Mary Wilson says:

Every. Single. American.
        The NSA intercepts and collects all the computer and cell phone records on every American, in complete violation of the fourth amendment.

• Deep Blue C says:

To which I say–OF COURSE THEY DO! I have known this for years. Why is everyone so alarmed by it?

So you just work around the spying if you really need to do something that’s anti-government–don’t talk about stuff on the phone, don’t post stuff on the Internet, TURN OFF Internet access on your phone and TV, etc., etc., etc.!

• navysquid says:

Agreed. I do not have a FB, Instagram, Snapchat, etc of any of the social media kind…I have email and that is it…I think people nowadays are really starting to open their eyes to what Snowden revealed about our gov’t and how we use that information.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

However, this kind of information gathering is pernicious in the extreme and should be intolerable in a society concerned with individual liberty.

• olderwiser21 says:

yup! Watch the documentary “Citizen Four” and you get the full, disturbing picture of what is going on with the NSA. Plus, you get the bonus of seeing James Clapper lie about it.

• bloodvipre says:

All stored on high density disks in big data center. We have a similar one in UK called GCHQ, short for Global Community Head Quarters. Frightening isn’t it.

• bloodvipre says:

• catmom says:

Everybody.

• bon says:

Anybody active in politics, judges, bankers , and the list goes onand on and on to infinity

• Beverly says:

And it’s nothing new. LBJ spied on Goldwater in the 1964 campaign, and had his hotel rooms bugged. Goldwater was astonished when he learned this, as he himself was an honorable man. [Source: It Didn’t Start With Watergate, an FANTASTIC book published in the 1970s by Victor Lasky; available from the usual booksellers. It details DECADES of Demonrat spying on their political opponents and their dirty tricks going back to FDR, who was another operator.]

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Yes, Beverly, I remember Goldwater talking about his experience during the Watergate flapdoodle. Lasky also wrote an interesting book about JFK.

• Old Codger says:

“…FDR, who was another operator and closet Communist to boot!”

FIFY!

• DD More says:

By Judge Andrew P. Napolitano – Published January 19, 2017 | FoxNews.com

On Jan. 3, outgoing Attorney General Loretta Lynch secretly signed an order directing the National Security Agency — America’s 60,000-person-strong domestic spying apparatus — to make available raw spying data to all other federal intelligence agencies, which then can pass it on to their counterparts in foreign countries and in the 50 states upon request. She did so, she claimed, for administrative convenience. Yet in doing this, she violated basic constitutional principles that were erected centuries ago to prevent just what she did.

It gets worse.

The recent USA Freedom Act permits the NSA to ask the FISA court for a search warrant for any person — named or unnamed — based on the standard of “governmental need.” One FISA court-issued warrant I saw authorized the surveillance of all 115 million domestic customers of Verizon. The governmental need standard is no standard at all, as the government will always claim that what it wants, it needs.

NSA can ‘Hear You Now’.

2. jackphatz says:

There is nothing wrong with voicing ones concern about the perceived ideology of the various people here, we’re all concerned. It does fell good when we can bounce these thoughts off of each other too. So when any of these people prove themselves to be a detriment then yes, we should speak out. In the mean time let’s be more cautious about throwing our dislike around. The Left is our enemy, the media and the Democrats. That in it’s self, is a full time job beating them back. Let’s choose our battles wisely.

3. Joe Collins says:

Drip. Drip. Drip. The revelations about the political intelligence gathered by the Obama cronies will continue to be dripped out by this admin. We’re in this for the long haul 🙂

4. Andrew E. says:

Don’t go to the Drudge homepage.

• Because the NYTImes and CNN are linked … 😀

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Yes. Maggie Hatethetrump has an article dissing Bannon right and left. And of course she fails to give Bannon credit for evicting Deputy A.G. and designated Sessions successor, the treasonous treasonette Sally Hates, using the Travel Ban – one of the most brilliant chess moves in US history. Instead, she labels it a “mistake”.

Suck it, Maggie! Your treasonous Obama’s plot to hobble Trump was FOILED by Bannon. LIVE WITH DEFEAT, SOCIALIST SCUM.

• Well its plain misreporting when they run a headline saying Bannon’s security clearance is revoked, I won’t be back that is just clickbait

• Sanj says:

The authors of that hitpiece fake news are the Larry, Moe and Curley of fake news.

• Ploni says:

It is time to depart from Drudge.

You’ve heard of a welcome mat.

This is a Goodbye, Matt.

• graphiclucidity says:

I get the feeling Drudge doesn’t like Bannon.

Drudge also seems to have a problem with Breitbart for some unknown reasons.

• magaskook says:

What the hell happened at Drudge…..is this just sandbox bullshit and he’s jealous? Sure is looking like it more and more……my go to source for years, now there are days I don’t click at all and when I do…there is nothing but TMZ pop culture type crap 💩 thanks CTH

• Patriot Lady says:

‘….nothing but TMZ pop culture crap.’ Exactly! Please Matt, don’t waste your time or ours. We might as well be reading Cosmopolitan! Sadly, it seems he’s following the paths of Beck, Hewett, Limbaugh, Levin and Steyn.

• Sylvia Avery says:

I still check Drudge regularly, but rarely click. ALL of my media intake changed after I got on the Trump train. Things looked different to me and sites and pundits I used to respect I no longer could. I had a major, heartbreaking break up with Bret Baier. I hadn’t missed Special Report in over a decade. But I was hurt by the way they treated Trump because I knew that Bret and his pals had the same contempt for me that they were showing Trump. It really stung. So, I almost never watch any part of the show these days. And Drudge? Well, I go there and look at the headlines and WANT to click, but when I do I am almost always distressed to find I have clicked on a failing NYT article, or WaPo or something else that I abhor. It is that or the TMZ stuff. I don’t know what happened to him. Or maybe I am the one that has changed….

• Angry Dumbo says:

What is up with Drudge? Friends don’t let friends link to fake news.

5. Guaranteed that Bannon is on the team means that I don’t have to pay much attention to politics for the foreseeable future. Everything’s on cruise control in the Trump White House.

🙂

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Trump has better sense than to get rid of Bannon. Were he to do so, I would leave the grid immediately and start buying .223 and .308 with all the money I’ve been sending the GOP. No point in pouring money into a junker.

Seriously – Bannon saved this administration. PERIOD. Multiple times. Even for the RINOs. Losing Bannon would be a HUGE mistake. Love it that he cleaned up the NSC and skedaddled. Brilliant strategy. Deobamafication is proceeding, on time and under budget.

Demotion? Yes. I think the idea of a demoted, disgruntled, zero-influence Bannon, puttering around the WH, not listened to by anybody….

Why, it sounds perfect. Hoping to see MANY NYT articles laughing about it.

😉

• SteveInCO says:

By the way, you don’t need an AR-15.

You can get an 805 BREN as a rifle now. Same ammo, same mags.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Nice! Very sharp-looking gun! And available in .300 Blackout, too! Kinda expensive, but very nice.

• SteveInCO says:

In black it looks “futuristic” enough that I call it the “phased plasma rifle”

(No, NOT “in the 40 watt range”…sorry Ahnuld, but a 1/10th of a second pulse at 40 watts is a thundering three foot pounds.)

• jello333 says:

Not too many years ago my wife would have freaked out if I even showed ANY interest in guns. But because of recent events, she’s not so opposed anymore, even though we’ve yet to actually buy one. Handgun most likely, when we get around to it. Anyway, the other day I showed her a really cool AR-15 and asked her if she didn’t think it would be fun to target practice with that. She kinda shrugged and said “Yeah, I don’t know, maybe.” She said we could never afford one, though, and I told her no, you can actually get one for around $500 or so (although even that’s too much for our budget right now). She seemed to think that was better.

So now the funny part: Just now I looked up that 805 BREN rifle, which I had never heard of before, and immediately thought, now THIS is cool! I showed it to my wife and she agreed. She asked how much it cost, and so I checked. In the $2,000 to $3,000 range. She goes “No way! If we get one, it’ll have to be that other kind you showed me.” 😀

• wolfmoon1776 says:

LOL!

There you go! Use sticker shock to sell the middle-of-the-road model! Smart!

AR-15 makes a great home defense weapon which is easily handled by somebody who might balk at a shotgun’s recoil. However, I’m not sure I would recommend it for a first gun. A .22 is a lot more forgiving of beginner mistakes, and a lot of fun to shoot.

You can always rent some pistols at the range. That’s a great way to try things out and find out what types and sizes best suit you and your wife. I’ll bet you’ll need completely different guns.

Home defense is a touchy question. It’s like guns in general – the best answer is what’s right for YOU. It really depends on your abilities, your needs, your experience – basically everything. The best for a person can be pistol, rifle or shotgun, and a lot of variation in each of those. For many people, it can include more than one kind, or more than one of each kind. Really depends on one’s individual needs. Thankfully, there are a lot of great options these days.

Just make sure you do two things most of all. A way to secure your firearm, and TRAINING. Training increases the effectiveness of your weapon by 3, 5, 10, or 20 times, depending upon how much you put into it. It also leads to safety.

Gun safety is extremely important. I’m a HUGE safety buff, and I’ve had, in my lifetime, one accidental discharge, and one case of ALMOST mistaking a good guy for an intruder. That’s actually a pretty good record, and that is WITH being extremely safety-conscious, which is why they were non-events. So please become a safety nut, and that way you will never regret your firearm! 😎

• jello333 says:

Oh yeah, if we get anything (or more than one) you better believe that safety/training will be at the top of our list… probably trying-before-buying too. While my wife has done very, VERY little shooting, I’ve done quite a bit. She only did the shooting-at-tin-cans thing way back when we were first married, and I had my little .22 rifle. She’s passed up every chance since then to shoot…. including trying out my brother’s crazy stuff (like 12-gauge and .44 magnum :/ ). And while I haven’t done much shooting myself in years, way back when I was actually in the Army for awhile, and so I got to play with about everything under the sun (and they tell me I was pretty good 😉 ).

• filia.aurea says:

I don’t know which way is up anymore. McMasters doesn’t feel right…

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I’m getting used to McMasters, and Trump must see good things. I was a bit alarmed at first, I will admit. Don’t remember the context, but I was alarmed.

We have to be very careful. I detect a strategy on the part of Maggie Hatethetrump, who is apparently a known Cankles operative. She tries to turn Trump’s base against key players at every turn, either through arousing suspicions or demoralization. And I think a lot of her stuff gets syndicated, too, so her poison spreads widely.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

My son was in intel with the Army and worked with McMaster in Iraq. McMaster’s method is to surround himself with a wide variety of opinions and insights and derive solutions therefrom. He learns how all sorts of people think. This means he has people on staff or talks to people who may alarm you–but he is rock solid and a military genius.
          If, God forbid, there is a war to be fought, this is the guy you want in charge.

6. oncefired says:

Drudge has it flashing right now “Bannon Threat To Quit”

7. bayrat65 says:

Dolt48, Gannon is one of the white hats!! Go away, no go back to that surreal world where Hillary is president.

8. Scotty19541 says:

Yep …. Drudge sinks a little lower …. Bannons gonna quit …. link leads to a great story by the ….. wait for it …… wait for it ….. THE NEW YORK TIMES …. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• ivehadit says:

Exactly, Scotty! What the heck is going on with Drudge? No one has given a good answer to this that I have seen. Very troubling…

• Shadrach says:

I missed the claim that Bannon had lost his clearance until you made this comment. Seriously? Reported as truth by the failing NYT???? Too funny. They just keep beclowning themselves (I love that word)

• He already removed the flashing siren. LOLOL

• Ghostrider says:

I’ve been hearing that Drudge has legal trouble…lawsuits over Trump bias. It’s costly to defend against the litigious Left. Is there any truth to the story, he’s been out there looking for financial support to buy into his company, and the (classified) word is investors want to see a complete change in venue. Either that or Drudge is no longer a Jedi like his father before him…total darkside transformation.

9. bayrat65 says:

Damn, typo. Bannon

10. Stephen says:

“The Washington Post” propaganda outlet:

>>>Mr. Bannon resisted the move, even threatening at one point to quit if it went forward, according to a White House official who, like others, insisted on anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. Mr. Bannon’s camp denied that he had threatened to resign…

Sadly, I wouldn’t be surprised to find that the anonymous source is closer to the truth.

Either way, this is NOT winning.

11. Scotty19541 says:

yep …. we must be on target as the flack thickens! So PDJT and his most loyal sidekick know the enemy has turned the talking points of the day to Syria and are trying to provoke Trump into a very lame trap ….. they drop the Bannon story and it works like a charm …. talking points turn to Bannon…. then in answer to a fake news question PDJT declares that Susan Rice is indeed guilty of a crime! MSM can not resist and the talking points turn back to the Rice scandal! Mission accomplished;) MAGA and God Bless President Donald J. Trump.

12. Scotty19541 says:

The proof is in the pudding … Fox News and Breibart both have Susan Rice as lead stories …. ABC, CBS, and MSNBC all have Susan Rice stories on front page of web sites tho you have to scroll a bit and those 3 are all upset that Trump accused her of a crime! LOL…. got to love all the winning all the time! Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings!

13. janc1955 says:

I’m kinda proud of myself, because whenever I see the MSM headlines, like the Bannon screamers this morning, I just get more angry and disappointed in media (I’m looking at you, Matt Drudge), but certainly not POTUS.

14. jstanley01 says:

The MSM has predicted that that the Trump administration is going to fall apart into some kind of gaudy soap opera, and by golly, that’s what they’re going to report whether it’s true or not.

That Matt Drudge is following along, well. It’s too bad, I guess. But then again, the guy has always been a sucker for a gaudy soap opera. He made his fame breaking the Monica Lewinsky story, let’s not forget….

• CountryClassVulgarian says:

Matt Drudge, Alex Jones, Roger Stone. They all jump on these lie wagons and start going on about President Trump’s inner circle getting taken over by Jared, Ivanka and their liberal allies. To hear them talk our President can’t make any decision unless Ivanka and Jared approves. My hubby listens to these guys and get worried about all the scary scenarios they put out. Its very frustrating because there is good information to be gleaned from these men but their penchant for soap opera is annoying.

15. jello333 says:

Sundance… dude! Most of the time when I’m reading your posts, I’m already in sync with what you’re saying, and I’m nodding my head going “Yep, that’s what I suspected, makes perfect sense.” But once in awhile you post something that clears the cobwebs in my little brain…. this is one such case. I couldn’t figure out what was going on with Bannon and the NSC, and honestly I wasn’t in the mood to dig that deep just yet (still upset over how the Syria thing is going). So as I’m reading this post just now, I’m realizing just how lucky I am to have you and the Treehouse to set me straight on those rare (Ha!) occasions when I’m lost.

Thanks! 😉

16. Jim Smith says:

Thank you Sundance for your insight into today’s events. I expect the spin from the MSM, but while I suspected some of this, your explanation helps to put things in perspective.

17. NJF says:

If true, this was probably Trump’s “red line”

The intelligence reports at the center of the Susan Rice unmasking controversy were detailed, and almost resembled a private investigator’s file, according to a Republican congressman familiar with the documents.

“This is information about their everyday lives,” Rep. Peter King of New York, a member of the House Intelligence committee said. “Sort of like in a divorce case where lawyers are hired, investigators are hired just to find out what the other person is doing from morning until night and then you try to piece it together later on.”

• NJF says:

Yikes bad c&p. Textbook of all it up. That’s a quote from the article

I’m sure this type of stuff was exactly what Bannon was referring to in his quote.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Wow. Marxist radicals – Frank Marshall Davis, Jr. (Obama) and Dr. Susan Mugabe, Ph.D. (Rice), researching the everyday lives of Trump and his family. Not that such details would be useful primarily for an assassination, especially if they “slipped out”. No, we mustn’t think THAT.

Trump can’t be the first person they ever did this with. I’ll bet this gets worse. In fact, I will bet that, without the need to unmask “ordinary” citizens, who are generally sole users of things like cell phones and land lines, I’ll bet that these creeps could find people and study them with great ease, identifying them purely by context, and NEVER having to request unmasking.

• jdvalk says:

I’ll wait until don lemon tells me if this is a story.

18. KitKat says:

That’s the picture I call the Republican Unity picture.

Tea Party on his right, GOPe on his left. He hired them both around the exact same time, right at the start, and described what a great team they were, how they’d complemented each other on the campaign, and worked magic together.

I think that picture portrays his goal for Republican unity.

“We must, indeed, all hang together or, … we shall all hang separately.” – Benjamin Franklin

19. Curry Worsham says:

Something untruthful,
    Something not sleuthful,
    Something for everyone:
    Fake news tonight!
    Something intriguing,
    Something deceiving,
    Something for everyone:
    Fake news tonight!
    Nothing with facts, nothing with grounds;
    Bring on the sources, liars and clowns!
    Old situations,
    New complications,
    Nothing veracious nothing erudite;
    Fake news tomorrow,
    Very fake news tonight!

20. frank field says:

YUGE smile. I love me some Bannon brains teaming up with our president! Great quick read!

21. William Ford says:

Obama admin likely spied on Cruz and Rubio too during primary season not knowing who would win the nomination. Expose that and erase all doubt the spying was politically motivated and had nothing to do with national security or Russia.

22. Patriot Lady says:

Well Reagan Refugees, I could chat for another hour or so, but Cleveland just swept the Texas Rangers in their opening series, so my husband and I are going to celebrate with an adult beverage. The futures looking bright here in Tribe Town– it’s a 6 shades night!
    😎 😎 😎 😎 😎 😎
    God bless President Trump and GO TRIBE!!!!!

23. Kelly says:

I’m not sure who chaps my hide more – the msm or those who blast their knee jerk reactions all over social media before they have one single clue about what they are so upset about. Even tonight, they are still shouting how certain members of the Uniparty are celebrating Bannon’s change of focus. First, those in the Uniparty should be nervous rather than celebratory. With Bannon completing this task, he is on to other projects. Second, who in the heck cares what their response is? Quite frankly, I don’t give a flying fig. I’m beginning to think some are either addicted to the drama or they benefit from whipping others into a fearful frenzy.

24. aguila2011 says:

But someone needs to keep an eye on the likes of the Schumer’s and other “domestic enemies” of the country. Screw appearances. These people are avowed enemies of the country and do not even care about the Flag, the Constitution, the Rule of Law or the American People! These rats are up to no good and someone needs to know what they are up go, which is no good, all the time.

25. CountryClassVulgarian says:

As a general rule I do not believe anything the very fake news media “reports”. When I heard the breathless reports today my first thought was President Trump is miles ahead of the very fake news drive by media. Don’t sweat this. I’m so glad I listen to my own counsel.

26. Bob Thoms says:

I give some credibility to the Politico story about infighting between Bannkn and Jarreed’s team…..

27. I can’t tell you guys how much I appreciate this site, Sundance and the treepers. You are the best.