Secretary Tillerson Arrives In China – Flight Time Interview…

Last Thursday Secretary T-Rex was in Japan (below left); Friday he was in South Korea (below right); tonight (tomorrow local) Secretary Tillerson will arrive in China.

During a flight between nations, Secretary Tillerson gave an interview to IJR reporter Erin McPike.  A full audio file has been provided CLICK HERE (will open in separate window) The interview is almost 30 minutes in duration and takes place aboard the flight.

In addition, IJR has posted a transcript of the interview which is AVAILABLE HERE.

I would again strongly urge everyone to ignore the media presentations of the comments from Secretary Tillerson, and instead go directly to the unfiltered source material.

The Audio Interview is very interesting.  Understandably, with the full content available, the DC media and their Deep State partnerships are frustrated and angry about their inability to manipulate the Tillerson narrative.

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Deep State, Dem Hypocrisy, Legislation, media bias, N Korea, President Trump, Secretary of State, Secretary Tillerson, Uncategorized, United Nations. Bookmark the permalink.

233 Responses to Secretary Tillerson Arrives In China – Flight Time Interview…

1. Travis McGee says:

MSM: “That’s not fair, we’re supposed to be the filter.”

• sundance says:

Exactly.

Look at the BS they write about from that interview:

• Derek of Florida says:

Thank you for posting transcript link.

• Katefelinus says:

Thanks, Sundance-that interview was so telling. I love Sec. Tillllerson! It’s great to have grown-ups back in the White House.

• MianeCoon says:

Really like SoS Tillerson’s style. It’s tried and very successful approach, common sense and simple. MSM makes things so difficult and stupid.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

OMG – the LyingPress are truly idiots. There was ABSOLUTE GOLD in that interview – enough historic diplomatic information to form the basis of multiple scholarly articles in Foreign Affairs – and Politico tweets out the 2% of gossipy crud from the reporter-driven questions!

Even if, as some media person, I didn’t LIKE what he said, there is still extreme value in it. It’s front page NYT stuff for a week, back in the days when the Times was truly great. And Tillerson never even really gave the desired “scandalous” answers!

Here was my favorite part:

“And I know that you’ve asked me a lot of questions here that I didn’t answer, and I’m not answering them because we have some very, very complex strategic issues to make our way through with important countries around the world, and we’re not going to get through them by just messaging through the media. We get through them in face-to-face meetings behind closed doors. We can be very frank, open, and honest with one another and then we’ll go out and we’ll have something to share about that, but the truth of the matter is, all of the tactics and all of the things were going to do you will know them after they’ve happened.”

WOW. Just WOW.

• R-C says:

Translation: “The ADULTS are once again in charge.”

(Hallelujah! NO more ‘Cadaver of State Lurch’ or Marie Harf putting on their sad displays of abject incompetence on the world stage…)

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Oh, do I hear you about THAT. AMEN!!!

First, I have to interject this picture, which I just love….

That look on Trump’s face says it all. He knows that he just unleashed the Quiet Kraken with the appointment of Tillerson – er – I mean T. Rex.

Normally, the people who are appointed to this position are either academics, diplomacy wonks, or politicians. They’re people who know the world from an intellectual, schmoozy elitist, governmental and/or legal viewpoint. And – sadly – they’re not just predictable – they’re guaranteed to deliver a kind of status quo ad infinitum. We saw that with the horrendous policy of “strategic patience”, which is about as Orwellian as it gets for “do nothing, maybe make things worse, but take no blame”.

Now, as an aside, I think the Obama strategy is to hope this all blows up in Trump’s face, so that they can load him with blame. Not likely, but just sayin’. It’s important to know what the enemy is up to. But that’s quickly dispensed with.

So back to T. Rex. The man is all about the job. This guy wants to get things done. And he’s just as willing as Trump to NOT let an idiot press get in his way, with their tiresome shilling of false concerns – not from the public, but from the OPPOSITION PARTY. Or should I say “oppositional party”, because that’s pretty much what we’ve been dealing with.

Clearly this man is not going to be shipping around palettes of untraceable cash to make horrible deals look like they worked. He’s going to make deals that work.

Short version – not just adults – adults who actually plan on completing the job! OMG!

And more – so much more – but enough for one post. The other things I’m hearing could fill ANOTHER post. And ANOTHER!

OMG. TOO MUCH WINNING!!! 😎

• deanbrh says:

BRAVO Wolfmoon! And love your photos too. Thanks.

• Yippeekiyay says:

Excellent analysis Wolfmoon. T-Rex did an excellent job at setting the stage going forward. He, very articulately and accurately, presented facts and solutions in a diplomatic manner.

I think we can look forward too many good things coming from these meetings and from T-Rex in the future. He is up against a great deal of damage control from the last administration. From what we have already seen after just six weeks in office, I have no doubt that he will do an amazing job. Thank you T-Rex!

• SpanglishKC says:

Every time that smug little know-it-all I am smarter than Trump or anyone in his administration is on Fox commenting I immediately turn the channel. Don’t need that ruining my day. Life is good without her 😳

• Kelly says:

That even qualifies for a Zowie!! Or maybe even a SHAZAAM!

• Sunshine says:

I love this, thank you.

• JC says:

Pure gold is right, Wolfmoon. Night and day difference between President Trump’s Team Of Experts and the “confederacy of dunces” of past administrations.

• lumoc1 says:

What this interview shows beyond any doubt is Tillerson’s wisdom in taking only one reporter on his plane because he clearly said that he did not answer a lot of question and also the perfectly logical reason for not answering them. Obviously a larger number of reporters would have have resulted only in a larger number of unanswered questions but no additional relevant information. What a refreshing change from the dishonest and incompetent crew of the departed POS administration.

• JT says:

I like that he said he’d rather use the time in air to work rather than sip beers with the press like other SoS we’ve had.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

I was just so impressed by that. And THIS is surely why Trump said “T. Rex is THE MAN.”

It immediately reminded me of the very hard workers I’ve known over the years in that sector of the business world. I mean – I always considered myself a hard worker, but I tended to feel a bit of shame, knowing that the people I knew in commercial petroleum and related industries worked WAY harder, and under very big pressure to perform. You don’t advance there unless you’re just plain good, no matter what you’re doing. To T. Rex has to be a very impressive guy. And it shows. His thinking is evident in his speech in that transcript. This is a guy who solves problems. No doubt about it.

That kind of business ethic? In Washington? OMG – we need to be saying extra prayers of thanks.

• singingsoul says:

Tillerson seems to be an introvert and needs time to contemplate digest and just have some quiet time. If more Secretary of State had done so we might be in better relationship with other countries. The last two seemed more interested in fun and fraternizing with media than the seriousness of diplomacy.

I admire Tillerson for focusing on the task at hand and to save tax dollar by letting media find their own way. Media seems to think they are an infected appendix to the administration they can diminish at every turn.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Very great point about media manipulation of politicians. This point really inspired me to think deeply about the problem.

They insert themselves between the people and the politicos, and then use their various techniques of facade creation – one of them being to blackmail politicians.

McCain is the ultimate example of somebody vulnerable to the technique. And the Marxists knew this from his POW days. I will bet that Soviet and Chinese psychologists found him supremely vulnerable to image blackmail with his fellow POWs. This is not only why he was the first to attack Trump – it’s why he was so easily baited into doing it. He’s like a politician so vulnerable to the media watchdogs, he becomes THEIR barking watchdog.

We essentially disarmed the LyingPress® by creating an information channel that works around them – that passes information through, instead of reflecting it and obscuring the government from us. And now social media is being reined in by the totalitarian segment of the powers that be, to try to infringe on that channel of truly free press, to inhibit the People’s ability to see Washington and Brussels clearly.

Government does not have the right to define a free press.

Fundamental. This can be used to strike down social media censorship.

• Stephanie says:

Loved this interview, I am so, so pleased with Secretary Tillerson. His answers show that he is working for us and that he will be a good steward of our money and his time in resolving issues. Every “gotcha” question is deftly answered. Our wonderful President knows how to pick winners. 🙂 Not tired of winning yet!

• BigMamaTEA says:

Hey wolf, how’s your security? And, is that from the transcript? And, if you have good security, did you by chance, copy the entirety of that transcript?

Read below, for explanation of my questions. I’m trying to figure out if and when “the listeners” put a Trojan on that link, which I am detection at now at 2:45pmCST on Sun, the 19th of March.

• wolfmoon1776 says:

Mama – I suspect advertising-based malware. The right-web is under heavy ad attacks from the left, which are likely cover for a rapidly shifting ad-based malware attack from Soros-land or Deep State (Soros probably has the #Vault7 toolkit now, or a close facsimile).

I put up a copy of the transcript HERE, which is protected by WordPress, who likely does a better job of screening out malware in ads.

If you are using Windows, be sure you’ve gotten updates specifically for Vault7 attacks. McAfee tweeted about this. They have some tool to see if you’ve been affected. But it sounds like your security must be good. You may want to make sure you do your politics from a non-administrator account, just to be extra-careful.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Already do. I started out as “scared the daylights” out of me computer user. Married a computer nerd before they were cool. He started with ’em straight out of the Navy. That’s when computers required their own rooms and air conditioners. Work on them all day, and come home and play on them all night. Once, I even threatened to stick a copy of a keyboard on my chest to get his attention! (Ooops, too much sharing. tee-hee!)

Anyway, got all your advice covered. 11 years ago, I told hubby what I was going to start doing (research wise) and said “fix it so the black choppers won’t be swarming the house.”

• Augie says:

The MSM is increasingly looking like Wile E. Coyote.

• And this is exactly why he does not want them around. Just that one headline could cause problems with South K. Our press is worthless.

Thanks for the link to transcript…so impressed with Tillerson. Finally a master is in this position, not just another political hack.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Wow, pathetic. I just listened to the audio file.

• skipper1961 says:

Travis McGee,
      If Secretary Tillerson offered to replace the mehdia swamp creatures with EXCLUSIVELY H1-B visa applicants, do you think they would change their tune?

• Kelly says:

You are full of all sorts of mischievous ideas. Really great ideas, actually. They should at least make the announcement on April Fool’s Day just to get the reaction.I’d pay money to watch.

• skipper1961 says:

Imagine asking Ambassador Haley to request the prescence of several of her international counterparts, all dressed up in their obviously ethnic attire, sporting press passes, occupying at least the first two rows of seats in the press room on 04/01/17 (with a few of the kitchen staff and groundskeepers sprinkled in)? Before they allow entry to the snowflakes. Then make the announcement (President Trump) from the monitor beside the podium, to MQ-Ultra that “You’re Fired”! Followed by ..”FAKE NEWS!” Sean “Slicer” Spicer deserves the honor of delivering that scale of wind-up, the way they treat him. Let RSBN video tape it. I would pay as well.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

So would I.

• Travis McGee says:

Especially if he required the current reporters to train their replacements.

• T-Rex’s travel plans took a bite out of the MSM.

• aguila2011 says:

“Hey, that’s our job. Otherwise, what do we do? Sit here with our thumbs up our you know what?!!”

• BigMamaTEA says:

Sd!!
      (Sorry to but in here gang) But I just went to the link Sd posted (This now being 24 hours later than the post) I am getting a “Trojan threat WARNING” on that link. Now, I do have my system screwed down pretty tight. There is a lot of crap out there that is designed to “kill” us;but, I get a lot of “suspicious” warnings; but only occasionally do I get a TROJAN WARNING detected, and you cannot access. I have a set up that will not allow that at all. Suggest anyone who clicked there, run security scanner tonight.

Well, that certainly is just another way to stop that transcript from getting out; attach a virus to it!

2. TwoLaine says:

T-Rex is SO GOOD he’s already got his own Monopoly token. The rubber ducky and the penguin are the UNIParty & the lyin’ media.

3. paulinohio says:

“And when I have something important and useful to say, I know where everybody is and I know how to go out there and say it.”

Translation: MSM, don’t call me – I’ll call you.

4. A2 says:

Funny, I just read the transcript. Excellent. Everyone here should do so. Even the foreign press are quoting from it and giving a fair report.

5. ZZZ says:

brilliant having the one unfiltered interview available…learning quickly how to circumvent those who hate the people of this country.

• 3x1 says:

Yep. That should become standard practice for all high-level officials of the Trump administration. Then have a catalog of all transcripts and audio files at each Department website for ready reference. Wonderful way to smack down media prevarication.

Hope (use nasal voice) *Andrea Mitchell* is enjoying JetBlue or their ChiCom equivalent.

“you no like our service? Take this, yankee fossil!”

6. sundance says:

Raw feed video is always the best feed.

7. sundance says:

• wheatietoo says:

Hah. He does, doesn’t he.

• Life “imitating” “art”? LOL

• Bull Durham says:

Wang Yi is a very skilled man with a subtle power. He’s like Cui Tinkai, the gray haired Ambassador to US sitting next to him in the CCTV video. Very soft approach.
      These are like quiet card sharks who break the bank at Vegas.
      These people are trained in strategic thinking, GO is the game, weiqi the Chinese name.
      And they Chinese invented martial arts, a very defensive style that counts on the force of the aggressor. Southern Wushu. These are influential cultural models as they engage with others from outside the Chinese world. Especially, in China for such critical “talks”.

They have very steel-edged spokes people, men and women like Hua Chunying who deliver the tough talk.
      But the main players are super genteel, though like silk, bullets don’t penetrate them. The silk just moves aside.

President Xi is tough. That’s the gnarly one.

Even Premier Li Keqiang is not a tough man.

• jeans2nd says:

And perhaps add in all the unseen players. Remember Madame Mao?
        Thank goodness we have our own skilled tough guys now.

• Father Thyme says:

Please gimme a break with all the superior Chinese culture references…they’re a bunch of corrupt commies not superman.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Oh, but FatherThyme, some of us like to read and learn, the “art” if you will of our enemies. And yes, they are corrupt commies, but we, for now much deal with them, and use them to OUR advantage for a change, like they have done with us for the last 20-30 years.

We have a great number of treepers here, with a lot of varied deep knowledge and a lot of deep skills and training. Be nice, and when it comes time to blow their @*!*’s in the dirt we’ll count on the knowledge of those treepers too. Yourself included.

8. skipper1961 says:

GRAVITAS…………

9. CharterOakie says:

The issues are far too crucial to allow stupid and/or subversive members of the media to influence perceptions.

10. “I guess, what I’m told is that there’s this long tradition that the Secretary spends time on the plane with the press. I don’t know that I’ll do a lot of that. I’m just not … that’s not the way I tend to work. That’s not the way I tend to spend my time. I spend my time working on this airplane. The entire time we’re in the air, I’m working. Because there is a lot of work to do in the early stages.”
    The MSM does not get it President Trump & T-Rex among others in the admin are trying to save America working hard.

11. JustSomeInputFromAz says:

I feel remorse for the North Korean people.

They are basically held hostage so the ChiCom’s can have an attack dog to bark.

Have traveled to South Korea many times on business. Good people. Didn’t like the dog thing, but oh well.

They only became North & South in 1945 at the end of WW2.

Wonder how three/four generations of indoctrination have changed the North common folk from the South common folk.

• 3x1 says:

We’ve had a couple generations of leftist indoctrination in public schools and universities, with considerable damage. That’s with free speech and elections. NK has none of that. One can only imagine what they believe in their heart of hearts. Maybe they only know abject poverty and total submission to their pudgy dictator. Ideally, an indigenous leader would arise, like a Lech Walesa or something, but lil Kim kills everyone who he even thinks might be a threat.

Bit of a quandary. Maybe put some documents incriminating the Clintons on his computer and let nature take its course…

• MVW says:

South Korea is in an election so news coverage like the US will be a pack of lies.

South Korea has a lot of NK and Chinese operatives screwing with the election. So, this is part of it too. Not to mention the CIA, but it is hard to know how competent they are after 8 years of Obama.

• lumoc1 says:

To see how three or four generations change the common folk, you can look at how the Democrat Party policies changed during the same period of time from a pro America party to one essentially anti American party.

12. freepetta says:

I love T-Rex

13. georgiafl says:

T Rex, the Chinese minister, and Mike Pence wear their neckties with a little dimple under the knot.

Trump, al-Sisi, and the King of Jordan do not – they wear their ties smooth and rounded under the knot. No dimple for Putin either.

Obama also dimples his tie and so does Biden.

This could be serious….

14. Orygun says:

My take on his interview is that the press is just annoying no matter which way they lean. What I hear in TRex is a little of the irritation you get when you are trying to do a job and it seems like everyone is trying to work against you.
    I am satisfied to have the man working for my best interests that is more than most of the press are doing.

• MVW says:

Of all the things that the press thinks is important the lady reporter focused on press inconvenience. Narcissism, pure and simple, pathological. She wanted to be wined and dined, treated like their role was more important than just reporting to the public. TRex pointed out there was local press too, implying nothing is hidden, and the Mewing Stream Media was not special. A real blow to a narcissist.

There was a veiled threat in her questions, an attempt at bullying, the ‘press has power’.

TRex told her he had work to do and did not have time to socialize and suck up. Second kick in the teeth to a narcissist bully.

• MVW says:

There is one more issue.

Leaks. As critical as these talks are walls have ears. It would be hard to keep something secret if there were 10 ways the leak occurred. With one reporter, if she was able to leak it, her life would not be what she had in mind.

Her knees should be shaking that someone in her group should leak.

Two phones, a government phone and a grandkid phone.

• mike says:

Frankly snowflake reporters, We the People aren’t interested in your lies.
        Go away and do something useful, if possible.

• KBR says:

When there was no other way for the people to get the information than via the press of the day, the press was important, like Paul Revere was important.

Now the people have the ability to get the information.

So the so-called news media has become the propaganda media: you already have the news straight from the horse’s mouth, so our job now is to tell you *how to think* about it.

These people are not “press” at all, they think they are “interpreters” as if our leaders were speaking a foreign language, and we could not comprehend them.

The key being they think we are so unintelligent that we cannot understand plain English.

The MSM are useless now. Purveyors of innuendo and twisted words. Purveyors of lies.

Worse than tabloids, they only produce lurid. sensational. lies.

• Shadrach says:

I think what the press still fails to realize is that until their position is re-defined to “reporting the news,” rather than reporting commentary as news, their value at a diplomatic table (from the US point of view) is negative.

Diplomatic conversations can be adversarial at the best of times, and adding a dissenting media voice to further confuse the issue has a negative benefit. Until they reevaluate their position, they will not be asked to come with Tillerson. Duh. I wouldn’t invite them either.

15. EV22 says:

Tillerson is the best SoS in my lifetime. I wonder to what extent he really believes that the development of the N. Korean economy for the people is a priority for Lil’ Kim. His father starved 2 million to death and didn’t seem bothered by it at all – and neither did the Chinese.

“With that, we do believe that if North Korea [were to] stand down on this nuclear program, that is their quickest means to begin to develop their economy and to become a vibrant economy for the North Korean people. If they don’t do that, they will have a very difficult time developing their economy.

I don’t think Lil Kim cares about the people and he’s making money for his interests other ways. Of couse, since Obummer gave the Iranians all those billions and the Norks are dealing with the Iranians on very shifty deals, T-Rex has really got his work cut out for him.

Godspeed Mr. Secretary!

16. sunnydaze says:

How wonderful is it to have a respectable SoS instead of what’s her name?

What.A.Relief.

That’s a job that should go to someone who fills the bill, not used as a consolation prize as it was with what’s her name.

And “journalists” should take lessons from that IJR interviewer, Erin McPike, on how to give a worthwhile, informative interview.

17. SoCal Patriot says:

Rex could not be more different than the haughty little Senator we just had as Secretary of State.

18. ginaswo says:

OMG that was awesome. Thank you #TRex for helping us #MAGA
    Thank you President Trump for choosing this great man for us

19. Janice says:

So proud of this administration!

20. rashamon says:

Why have “journalists” become to exemplify “stupid questioners”? Maybe they always were, but I would have been fired 3 minutes into this interview if I had tried to overplay T-Rex as she did. Ask the basics about setting up international relationships and shut up. Don’t keep trying to prove your intellect on the details above and beyond this Secretary.

BTW, the LSM does 10x worse than this reporter did.

• MVW says:

There is the opposition party, press has been labeled that by Bannon, and there are traitors, enemies of America. I think Bannon was being nice, I think the press are traitors, enemies of America.

21. H.R. says:

T-Rex put a halt to the “who’s getting more face time” line of questioning. Good. Irrelevant issue.

22. snailmailtrucker says:

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson: They never invited us for dinner, then at the last minute they realized that optically it wasn’t playing very well in public for them, so they put out a statement that we didn’t have dinner because I was tired.

EM: So are you saying they lied about it?

RT: No, it was just their explanation.

As soon as she said “EM: So are you saying they lied about it?”

I WOULD HAVE SAID…. DID YOU HEAR ME SAY THAT ?
    pERHAPS YOU SHOULD FIND ANOTHER FIELD OF WORK…IF THAT IS WHAT YOU THINK YOU HEARD !

• rashamon says:

“Lie” is a bigly word in diplomatic relations. One does not toss it around lightly.

• KBR says:

The S.Koreans might interpret themselves as being thoughtful of a man who might be reasonably expected to be tired from his travels.

As in receiving a guest who has travelled a long way, and saying “You must be tired from your travels, please rest, we won’t expect you to attend a big dinner party right now.”

Face-saving “politeness” as opposed to a “big fat lie.”

Especially when they have not chosen a new leader after having ousted their former leader. With whom would he have dined? Who would have the authority to preside at such a dinner?

Would it seem, if ther were such a dinner, that the S.Koreans were letting the US determine who would be the next leader of S.Korea? Would such a dinner indicate that the US govmt. was interfering in an election in S. Korea?

Far too many diplomatic holes to step into in S. Korea at this time.

23. snailmailtrucker says:

Tyrone Woods, Glen Doherty Sean Smith and Chris Stevens APPROVE !

• BigMamaTEA says:

AMEN snailmailtrucker!

I wear a different Benghazi t-shirt on a regular basis when I’m out and about. You’d be amazed at the responses I get! (Some forget so quickly. That is by design.)

24. Stringy theory says:

Wow! What an impressive interview by Secretary Tillerson. He is an absolute, no nonsense professional. He will get the job done, and the pussy hat media can go suck lemons while he does.

25. CJ says:

I thought this was an important statement by SoS Tillerson.

“I’ve been very successful diplomatically for over 25 years. Done some really tough deals around the world with some really difficult ”

The press tries to make him to be some neophyte. ExxonMobil is a major corportation that could nothave survived with sloppy management. Unlike the reporter he knows the leaders who he is meeting with and has a strong grasp of foreign policy. The reporter probably has little no international experience.

• MVW says:

The reporter’s negative and insulting manner forced Tillerson to say that. I know some here consider this reporter a step up from the normal trogs Sean Spicer deals with daily, but this reporter made Tillerson’s flight another ‘Snake on the plane’ story.

My guess is that this was the only interview chance she got. Raw footage was likely released to keep her as honest as possible. At least ‘Fake’ can be nailed to their profession’s horizontal wooden box once again by the modern real press.

• E C says:

Maybe it was me, but I noticed toward the end, she started asking not so smart follow up questions such as about the emails and phones. Not long after the unknown voice shows up and the interview is over. Seemed like he doesn’t like dealing with BS. Hopefully she learned something from this experience.

• emet says:

Petroleum companies operate successfully in unstable countries, where it is difficult to know who is really in charge, and where the whole operation is always on the edge if being shut down. Kidnappers, thieves, spies, rebels, yep you find out about them in the oil business. Throw in an indispensable knowledge of geography, and imo overseas petroleum business experience is an excellent prep school for any foreign service officer.

26. An adult at State is such a welcome relief after 4 years of Kerry and 4 years of Killary. Refreshing!

• BigMamaTEA says:

What are the Qualifications of a Secretary of State? He ought to be a Man of universal Reading in Laws, Governments, History. Our whole terrestrial Universe ought to be summarily comprehended in his Mind. ­John Adams

27. missmarple2 says:

Quite a remarkable interview. President Trump knows what he’s doing. I have no doubt.

28. Elroy says:

It’s awesome to read Tillerson’s comments reaffirm that Trump’s tweets are consistent with internal discussions/positions and apparently part of his strategy in messaging… a direct pathway around MSM obfuscation.

29. jeans2nd says:

Oh, bummer, Very Fake News. SoS Tillerson leaves China with another win for us.

Tillerson ends China trip with warm words from President Xi
    “With warm words from Chinese President Xi Jinping on Sunday, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson ended his first trip to Asia since taking office with an agreement to work together with China on North Korea and putting aside trickier issues.”

30. quintrillion says:

The State still needs major flushing of people that do not belong in a Trump administration

A architect of the Iran deal is now running Tehran policy at State. WTH.

31. Bob Thoms says:

Sec. Tillerson’s response to the question was fantastic = “…we are trying to save money”…..

Very interesting interview. Sec. Tillerson is a pretty smooth guy. Listening to him is like wearing a pair of my favorite shoes – comfortable and stylish at the same time.

I think his style will be a refreshing change from the typical stiffs that have been Sec. of State….especially Kerry and Christopher.

I like that he isn’t traveling with an entourage (of staff and reporters)……,.

32. The Ghost formerly known as Prince says:

The press thinks THEYRE the story, and that’s a problem.
    I’m quite sure their stories would be all about how Kerry and Clinton were better as SoS, how much nicer to the press, and how much everyone all over the world loves and misses Obama, and what a crying shame it is that the stupid stupid stupid people elected that horrible man Trump.

The effect of these stories would be to create diplomatic crises and undermine the current administration’s policy initiatives. They would be sure to characterize Tillerson as “careening” from one “embarrassment” to another, creating “international incidents” and uttering “gaffes” at every stop.
    So no I’m not upset at all that Tillerson isn’t dragging along an entourage of Obama/Clinton/Kerry fanboys and sycophants.

33. gary lacey says:

Will he notify them that a strike by N Korea will be deemed a strike by China?