Paul Ryan Has a Legislative Lyin’ Problem – ObamaCare Edition…

Today, as CPAC begins, there is an auspicious breaking of ‘I-told-ya-so’ sunlight…

On February 17th (five days ago) we posted a research and discussion outline surrounding an interview between Speaker of the House Paul Ryan and Fox News Sean Hannity.   Within the outline I emphatically stated:

Paul RyanFirstly, no-one who has deep understanding of political constructs trusts Paul Ryan.  PERIOD.  This interview doesn’t change that valid and central truism one iota.  There are Trillions of dollars at stake.

Paul Ryan is setting up the groundwork in his preparation to orchestrate the financial legislative priorities of Tom Donohue, Wall Street and the U.S. CoC.   It’s a con. If you don’t grasp that basic foundation, you’ll be entirely lost for the remainder of the year. -link-

I went on to outline how Sean Hannity was accepting a construct of legislative lies from House Speaker Paul Ryan.

How do I state emphatically Ryan is lying?

Quite simply because I’ve followed his parseltongue for so many years, on budgets and immigration specifically, that I can identify exact moments when there is no doubt Ryan  is constructing a “Con”, or a “Scheme”.

Well, lookie here:  Today, Jeffrey Lord discovers Lyin’ Ryan has a problem:

[…]  Ryan specifically said the Congressional Budget Office was scoring a specific [repeal ObamaCare] plan. Yet there on the Wednesday Hannity radio show were members of the House Freedom Caucus saying they had seen no such bill.

Huh? Hannity was gobsmacked.

So stunned that he suggested he would come back to D.C. and do a joint televised interview with Ryan and the House Freedom caucus members to find out what in the world is going on.

To put it gently? Speaker Ryan, you have a problem. -link-

Perhaps, just perhaps, a few more people will now begin to stop thinking of Paul Ryan as the constitutional savior of all things Republican – and begin to see him for what he is, the GOPe gatekeeper of the Swamp and the legislative mouthpiece for U.S. CoC lobbyists, Tom Donohue and the DC UniParty BIG CLUB:

the-big-club-2

It’s not just the Jeffrey Lord’s of the world who extend favorable opinion where no favorable opinion should be extended; there’s an entire network of those who call themselves “conservative”, or even “republican”, who won’t accept or admit the scheming lies that are sold by political republicans to their constituents.

Maybe, just maybe, this example will awaken a few more people.

…. However, given the illustrative example of a standing ovation from CPAC, I won’t hold my breath.

humor-in-nature8

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Decepticons, Legislation, media bias, Paul Ryan, President Trump, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

373 Responses to Paul Ryan Has a Legislative Lyin’ Problem – ObamaCare Edition…

1. Archie says:

Hannity is nothing if not a good parrot. A parrot is a pretty bird that repeats the same meme his whole life but, unfortunately, has no idea of its own.

• paulinFL says:

I know we both read the same post “Paul Ryan Has a Legislative Lyin’ Problem – ObamaCare Edition…”
      What I don’t understand is why you are dissing Hannity! Hannity has upwards of 50 million fans and let his platform out to Paul Ryan to make his case. We should all be thankful for Hannity’s platform which he earned. Your angst ought to be redirected at Paul Ryan and not Sean Hannity. The end!!!

• Dr. Emmitt L. Brown says:

Agree.

• ethicall says:

I left this for Ryan on his Facebook page.

Mr. Ryan, I don’t trust you and with good reason. Over a year ago you brought forth a plan that would undo most of Obamacare, “The House on Wednesday passed legislation that would repeal much of ObamaCare and defund Planned Parenthood for one year, sending the measure to President Obama’s desk.” The Hill, By Peter Sullivan – 01/06/16 05:48 PM EST
        Over the last six years there have been many other proposals to undo Obamacare. Now you say it will take 200 days to figure something out? You have a multitude of proposals sitting in your desk already! I think you brought repeal forward when Obama was President because you knew he would veto it. Now, that you have President Trump, you won’t bring it forward because you know he would sign it. You are dishonest on this subject.

• paulinFL says:

I applaud your action directed at the source problem!
          Well done sir or ma’am!! 😎

• Somewhere in Dixie says:

Rush today was saying that Ryan sent a repeal of obamacare to Obama can’t remember how many times knowing full well that obama was going to veto it. Not that Trump is president, Rat Ryan is afraid to send the repeal because HE KNOWS Trump will sign it. Voila.

• uvaldegirl says:

I am thankful for Hannity’s platform but honestly, he needs to call out the uniparty Republicans, like Ryan, who lie and lie. It is just shameful. And once again, WTH, Wisconsin District 1. Just who the heck are you people voting this guy in again?

Sean and Rush tiptoe around this, and frankly, that does us no favor. With Trump, now is our opportunity to right this ship of state.

• geri670 says:

Disagree! I’ll put it bluntly: Hannity is still a shill for some in the GOPe. Just watching that lapdog interview with the liar brought it home to me again. I’m about done with the guy. I’ve had enough of his “hannitizing”.

• aguila2011 says:

I don’t think Hannity has ever had an original thought. He does repeat what everyone else is saying but says it with authority so it sounds as if he claims it as his own. My larger issue with Fox News is why they give GOPe RINOs like Ryan, McLame, Graham, McConnell, et al., air time at all. They should take page out of Trump’s book and sideline them all. Ignore them.

We already know what they stand for and giving them air time only makes them stronger and bolder in their own minds. They are traitors to the country and serve interests that are not the majority of Americans best interests. That is why we MUST have term limits. The fact that there is no progress on repeal and replace ACA while Republicans own both houses of Congress is a complete and utter disgrace.

• geri670 says:

Hannity and FNC are the same. Keep all options open and play both ends against the middle. I’m sick of them. Look at Schepp Smith… why in the world do they keep that creep??? I’m watching Fox Business more than FNC. Lou Dobbs is the only one that says it like it is and he doesn’t tolerate fools. He’s always calling out McTurtle and especially Lyin Ryan and Alligator Arms McCain. He’s the only honest and true conservative on either channel. I’m thinking of leaving Hannity a voicemail…

• geri670 says:

I happen to agree with you! I’m actually getting tired of Hannity. It’s the same thing with him every day of the week. He has become so redundant that I now FF through his show on Fox. He’s repetitive, like a parrot. I tried to watch his interview with Lyin’ Ryan, and finally had to turn it off. He just sat there and lapped up everything Ryan was spewing. Didn’t bother to challenge him on a few questionable talking points. Hannity’ s all about kissing a$$ more so than ever. Compare Hannity to Lou Dobbs. Right, there is no comparison. Dobbs is my favorite.

2. andi lee says:

Paul Ryan stops in Corpus Christi Tx for a private campaign fundraiser for Rep Blake Farenthold on way to Tx border tour by air. 😒😑😐

3. Curry Worsham says:

Hannity to CPAC audience:”How many of you trust them [Ryan and McConnell]?
    [Loud jeers]

4. truthandjustice says:

Hannity at CPAC keeps saying he felt better after interview with Ryan because he promised they’d have it done in 200 days – but he understands there’s so much to do, etc. – nothing else.
    No surprise here………

5. Dekester says:

Yes. Would some please tweet Hannity with Sundance article. Ryan as I think most would agree is a pitiful excuse for a Republican leader.
    Ryan needs to be replaced, at least that is my belief.

Surely there is at least one Republican in Congress that feels the pulse of the nation, and can lead a revolution in that mausoleum a.k.a. Congress.

6. MVW says:

Ryan tours Mexican border on horseback
    Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) spent part of his tour of the U.S-Mexico border on Wednesday with Border Patrol officials on horseback.

Ryan is a snake. Pence supported him. Why?

• Agave says:

The article I read mentioned that “the Speaker did not appear to be wearing a riding helmet.” Fake news? You decide.

• cmscarpa says:

Bad seat too, looked to be bouncing all over the place. But I’m no expert, just a rescue owner who jumps on occasionally.

• toriangirl says:

The horse was taking him for a ride and not vice versa. Horses can tell when they have a greenhorn on their back pretending. I’m surprised Ryan stayed in saddle. Besides, horses are very smart and know good folk from bad. By the looks of it, the horse was not fond of Ryan.

• Texian says:

You are correct. Horses are smart, and have their own personalities as well. A stallion will take advantage of a greenhorn for sure.. It’s a sure bet they put him on the tamest gelding or a gentle mare.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

The horse knows whether you can ride the minute you put your foot in the stirrup.

• coltlending says:

Haha…so true.

As a kid, I mucked the stalls with my brother to ride for free.

I never could ride very well, but my brother was a real horseman though, one of the best around, he’d never give me tips, then.

The horses were always messing with me. They’d step on my foot, make sudden moves, but never throw me.

They are not dumb animals.

Just looking at someone mount a horse and holding the reins you can tell if they know what they are doing.

As you point out, the horse sure can tell.

• toriangirl says:

Thank you for posting your experience! This time of year with the hunter/jumper winter shows going on full tilt, I’m around some amazing horses all weekend long. Saw a Silver Dapple Dutch Warmblood this weekend that I would have taken home with me if I could have fit him in my car.

• darcy says:

The horse’s head is up, Ryan’s arms are bouncing up and down as is his seat.
          A bit out of his league, I would say.

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Helmet? When you ride English (e.g., a hunter/jumper), you wear a helmet. When you ride Western, you don’t.
        Glad he never rode any of my horses either way.

• Sam Houston says:

Because Pence is a rat. Don’t believe him. They’re aiming for no Trump. Ryan VP.

• Texian says:

Did you catch that Yankee journalist snowflake statement in her article: “the Speaker did not appear to be wearing a riding helmet.” LOL! No doubt raised on participation trophies and training wheels..

• amjean says:

For obvious reasons; they are on the
      same side. And it has nothing to do
      with protecting the citizens of the US.

7. Ozzie says:

They say when you flip a gator on his back you can rub his belly and he will be still. We are the gator, hannity is rubbing our belly. I don’t trust any of them.

8. Lame Cherry believes that Ryan and Pence are going to make a move with the Deep State soon-ish.

I hope Trump is ready if they do.

We need to be ready to push back online and offline.

• GrouchonotKarl says:

Beware these two vipers, they dance like cobras to Koch flute. Donald has to cut PRs head off and the keep Pence on a track with guard rails. DJT has to surprise Ryan. How? Everyone of these traitors has secrets.

• SteveInCO says:

Apparently if Lame Cherry says it…it’s meaningless. At least that’s the impression I’ve been getting.

• Guy K. says:

Do not treat stuff that comes from either Lame Cherry, Alex Jones or Roger Stone as gospel.

• cmscarpa says:

Really?

• Sharon says:

Alex jones and roger stone are very truthfully!! So you like CNN,MSNBC, abc,NBC!! You should appreciate Alex jones and roger stone they have help bring many trump voters!! We don’t have much choice any more because the MSM has gone bat shit crazy!! Be thankful for Alex jones and roger stone!! Go continue watching the lying msm!!

• Texian says:

I’ve listened/read Alex’s shows for a long time.. as far back as his radio station show (whenever I was in his neck of the woods). Much of his reporting has merit, he just tends to angle it from the “what if” stage if the subject matter is fully implemented – which does need to be analyzed. He is whiskey, not wine..

Read all the angles of the various news outlets, then make up your own mind..

• Sometimes I think the CTH site is awfully PRISSY and PRUDISH! As soon as you make a controversial statement you’re accused of being a troll . GUESS what? I think the ones who are smacking people down for making a statement about potential danger to Trump which anybody with half a brain still working knows is true, I think these are the REEEAL trolls anybody who would ock Alex Jones and Roger Stone has got to be a troll. You leftist creeps, ain’t fooling me. Every time someone from the right who wants to discuss the potentials of problems for Trump, no we can’t do that cuz somehow that’s like bad karma. Really ? That’s what turns me off to this site I have to go somewhere where I can talk to adults. Then the next thing you all do here is you spend a lot of time correcting people’s English and words,what’s the matter with you guys were y’all English teachers in high school, still card-carrying members of the NEA? Get off your high horse. Conservatives spot you! Hidden trolls don’t fool me, I can smell the stinky poo on you!

• Athena the Warrior says:

Thanks MOG!

• Athena the Warrior says:

So cute how the MOGs rush in to discredit LC especially over big revealing things like Koch Puppets Reince, Pence, and Ryan. How about Katie Walsh being a Bush operative who Reince placed as his Deputy Chief? She really hates President Trump and is hiring Never Trump scum like Johnny DeStephano to head up WH Personnel.

Yep, just ignore the truth bombs coming from LC right Guy K.?

• Stringy theory says:

Trump would crush them if they tried such a maneuver and we deplorables would be there backing him up. Lame is a good moniker for that website.

9. Aparition42 says:

What we clearly have on display is the Republican variant of the entrenched D.C. elitists’ pattern of playing the perpetual loser falling apart around them. The ACA was already written and ready to go before Obama was ever even voted on. It was passed within weeks of his inauguration. The Congressional republicans have been claiming that they want to repeal it ever since. They said they had the power and plan to do exactly that during Mitt Romney’s sham of a campaign. House Republicans voted through “repeal bills” six times when Obama was president and they knew it would never go anywhere. So what happened to all of those? What have they been doing for the last six years?

To answer my own question, nothing. They didn’t think they’d ever actually have to do any work. They just have to give lip service stopping those darned democrats to get elected and keep cashing those paychecks and showing their face at all the right lavish parties. Life was easy under Obama. It was even easier when they were a minority in Congress. That’s why they feel no hesitancy about back-stabbing their fellow Republicans. That’s why they’ve consistently shown no interest in winning. And that’s why, now that they have a majority in both houses, the presidency, and even the Supreme Court if they really wanted, they’re more vocal than ever before about opposing the white house even though their supposed to be on the same side.

Now they find themselves in a dilemma. The people that keep voting to send them to oppose the Democrats are expecting something in exchange for their years of loyal voting, but the people at those fancy parties are expecting something else for their years of loyal campaign donations. How do they continue to pretend they’re opposing the leftist agenda while still delivering to their paymasters without the cover of an opposing political party?

Enter the complex sociopolitical dilemma. The problem is too nuanced for us to understand. It’s totally the Democrats’ fault still, but we’re going to have to think long and hard about how to unravel this Gordian’s knot because we can’t just abandon all these poor, poor people that have somehow come to depend on these subsidies and regulations after only a few years of them existing. It’s too late to just go back to what was working just fine seven years ago, and we don’t want people to think we’re mean to those with pre-existing conditions, do we?

The movement to elect President Trump was just the beginning. We need to grow. We need to rally more troops in more states. We need to continue marching into enemy territory no matter what color they paint their state. We need to swarm the primaries, Republican AND Democrat. The Entrenched congressional politicians that are used to uncontested elections term after term have to go. They’re still convinced that we are a fluke, that we’ll lose interest, that they can just drag their feet and play defense for four years and we’ll go away. We will fail if we do not prove them wrong in 2018 and we need to start the ball rolling now.

• TPW says:

Where we lose focus is putting the blame where it should be………yes I predicted the GOPe does not won’t to repeal ocare….the COC has figured out a way to play it to their advantage …probably was that way in the beginning……the GOPe was instrumental in the whole construct of ocare….Ryran has been trying to screw the middle class lower class for years…..he needs to go …….Trump will make sure of it……

• Betty says:

That was a great comment Aparition42, I liked it all especially your last sentence:
        “Our President is doing all he can to deliver wins for us. We have to deliver wins for him. ”

And that is the reason I replied here under TPW’s comment in which he says
        “….Trump will make sure if it….”

President Trump is moving mountains every day, facing a level of obstacles, threats and sabotage we can hardly imagine – trillions are at stake. Why don’t we see if we can’t take care of this one?

• Marygrace Powers says:

Great post Apparition42/

• Kroesus says:

let’s see…20 Jan 2009 the usurper is inaugurated……23 Dec 2010 ACA passes the Senate….if by weeks you meant 100 you are correct….you are more believable when you deal with FACTS….Apollo Group with Rahm’s brother has in fact already written the majority of Obamacare but key portions were yet to be formulated

• Sarah Palin says:

Bingo:

“… Congressional republicans have been claiming that they want to repeal it ever since. They said they had the power and plan to do exactly that during Mitt Romney’s sham of a campaign. House Republicans voted through “repeal bills” six times when Obama was president and they knew it would never go anywhere. So what happened to all of those? What have they been doing for the last six years?”

Sarah Palin

• Leslie Ingersoll says:

I wholeheartedly agree! 2018 mid term elections could be another win for Conservatives, if only we could get to 60 Senate seats!
      Lyin Ryan never ever pushed back on that commercial that showed him pushing granny in the wheelchair over the cliff. If that’s all it takes for cover, in order for the 🐀 to jump ship, will they dust off that commercial and present it once again, when lyin Ryan has to repeal Obamacare? Makes me so mad that I ever supported him and the ‘young studs’ that year!

10. navysquid says:

Here is my issue with the Obamacare and the whole “repeal and replace” line we are being led around on…see if you agree with me.

What did we have prior to 2010 regarding healthcare? We ALL had either our own individual plans, employer plans, some form of Medicaid insurance OR we choose NOT to have/pay for health insurance (re: single twenty-something that would rather have the extra $180 in his paycheck). There have ALWAYS been a few million that either choose to not have insurance or could get it through Medicaid or an employer if they desired.

We have bought into the idea that the Gov’t SHOULD be involved with healthcare now and people are clamoring for a replacement if or when it gets repealed. I am of the opinion of “repeal and nothing”. Let the MARKET determine rates and coverage as it should be NOT the gov’t. The gov’t can continue to cover those that they always have covered. The Market also will now include in their plans the “up to 26yo” plan and the “pre-existing” plans, “across state line coverage”, etc as they have seen the popularity of these ideas. They will not want to be the only insurer that does not cover these because guess where people will not buy their insurance?

We need to return to market based ideas. We need to seriously PUSH this idea to our Congress people so they know we want plans to return to PRE-Obamacare and not a replacement. The market on its own can figure that out we do not need the gov’t.

• navysquid says:

“choose” = chose

• TPW says:

problem is not insurance but pricing……who decided that hospital MRI is $2000 pricing has gotten ridiculous……you are talking about competition among insurance …..there has to be controls on pharma, hospitals, and doctors…….doctors ordering every test that is not needed instead of going with the most obvious answer is part of the problem…ok now my head hurts. They love diagnosing cancer….big money……..lots of room for corruption……

• Your Tour Guide says:

The tests all get ordered because the lawyers have them scared to
        death. A high percentage aren’t needed. It’s a CYA thing. A whole lot
        of MDs got out of the Ob Gyn/ L&D business. Couldn’t afford the liability
        insurance.

• Kroesus says:

it is called defensive medicine and necessary as a doctor to protect from false claims of malpractice….at one point Rs were calling for tort reform to address this and other legal chicanery

• navysquid says:

TPW…I understand what you’re saying but again I think the Market will fix that issue as consumers find out which Doctor or hospital produces those outrageous charges/fees. I believe that increase is the fear of medical malpractice which is an issue and needs to be addressed. Possibly there are those in the medical community that can answer these questions.

I just recall prior to 2009/2010 my deductibles were very manageable and my monthly was as well per pay period. Now I cannot even afford a family plan and just cover myself and one son and my deductible and monthly are outlandish…and the insurance is jacked up and covers very, very little. So how did Obamacare help me?

Repeal and Nothing (by the gov’t).

• Texian says:

(Pre Zero care) Walk into any large city public hospital emergency room – and find out why one band-aid costs $50.00. Practically all ethnic, from runny noses to hacking coughs – in a place that once was officially intended only for emergencies. They were morally indebted to never turn away anybody – i.e. “free healthcare” for those who don’t want to pay. They had to cover their costs to treat the freeloaders. If “Repeal and Nothing” is to be viable for lower costs, some sort of guidelines will have to be made to what is truly considered an “emergency” that is worthy of the benevolence of the facility. Otherwise pricing will not decrease.

• Texian says:

[An underlying theme to this problem is illegal immigration and immigration without assimilation. Unchecked immigration has collapsed every great civilized empire in history.]

• shadowcole says:

Yep, I work in the healthcare field from home and I had chart/pt that the docs and nurses said was a frequent flier in the ER, 222 times in one year and the patient was on Medicaid. These peeps should be banned from all public welfare programs as they don’t care about the costs associated with their “problems”.

• WalksByTheWater says:

This is a key point. There needs to be a requirement that any entity performing treatments have posted costs for treatments that are not to be exceeded, with severe penalties for failing to comply. They may apply a ‘discount’, but cannot exceed the posted amount.

If I take my car in to get it worked on, I have to sign off on the work. But when you go in for emergency treatment, they never let an emergency go to waste. As a result, financial servitude and bondage are placed on individuals.

The medical field, which does hold some I would call honorable and good people, is riding on the coat tails of its reputation and status for care. The corporate model of this has abused that goodwill by ripping off people and taking the original intent and focusing on the profit aspect. Requiring posted costs would force their hand.

• tellthetruth2016 says:

Add the cost of prescriptions for seniors and the cost is sky high. ….. Even meds that have been around for years have risen to where alot of older people have to choose between their prescriptions or their mortgage …… In a piece from Sundance a while back, I think I read that Healthcare is 1/3rd of a family’s paycheck now… it’s the Government’s way of controlling a big part of your life and whether you can afford the medicines you need or the ones They think you need …. it’s called getting between you and your Doctor ….

• amjean says:

I have a personal story on that one:

Everyone thinks that seniors healthcare is “free”;
          you know the one whereby you paid 3% of your
          salary?

My sister finally got on Medicare (well, forced
          is actually the case). She pays $104.00 per
          month for Medicare; $230.00 for supplemental
          insurance that pays the 20% co pay and $65.00
          for prescription insurance. Her prescription
          insurance won’t pay for one of her medications
          so she pays $235.00 per month for that. And
          she is still working so is still paying the 3%!

So much for free!

• psadie says:

I just got the bill from the hospital for a breast MRI totaled $6800…most of it was paid for but I just got the total with no breakdown for that is pretty excessive.

• Marygrace Powers says:

I LOVE IT navysquid/
      REPEAL AND NOTHING/ BRILLIANT/

• JoAnn Leichliter says:

Two pcredictable things happen when government gets involved in a process: it becomes more expensive and the quality declines. Best examples: education (public schools and most universities) and health care.

• Daniel says:

I have always thought it should be repealed and to stop there. The only exception to that would be to make law enabling insurers to sell across state and other lines. That’s it. Increase competition and make health insurance completely optional. Obamacare did nothing to insure the flood of illegals and refugees.

Just put it back the way it was and open competition. Done and done.

11. boogywstew says:

March 23, 2010 makes it 60 weeks after obammy’s inauguration… just sayin’.

12. gary lacey says:

I recall Lyin’ Ryan saying Obamacare will be gone in March?!
    I think the Chamber of Commerce is where the money laundering takes place.

13. Paul Killinger says:

They play so many GAMES up there it’s often difficult to discern what’s really going on…

I would be surprised if the so-called “Freedom Caucus” actually doesn’t know what Ryan’s doing with Obamacare.

If you recall, this is the same crew who installed Ryan as Speaker in the first place!

(Who’s lying to whom in the GOP caucus on any given day is more like it!)

• Patriot Lady says:

Paul,
      ‘same crew that installed Ryan as Speaker in first place’… Exactly!!! Every da*m one of them a bunch of lyin treasonous vipers.
      “It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.”
      ― Mark Twain …. and the voters who keep re-electing them. — PL

14. chojun says:

Something seems highly suspicious about a 200 day plan. Why should a repeal take that long?

To me the repeal/replace plan should be as simple as this:

Phase 1:
    Repeal Obamacare and fund plans until 2018. Continue the medicaid expansion for opt-in states through the end of 2018.
    Keep the healthcare marketplace/exchanges.
    Make everyone eligible for Health Savings Accounts (HSA) except for those on high-tier (“Cadillac”) health plans.
    Eliminate insurance boundaries on state lines.

Phase 2:
    Require care providers to list costs.
    Require providers to provide an itemized cost breakdown as part of informed consent before care is provided (except for emergency care situations)
    Exempt heathcare cost information from HIPAA/PII rules to allow a care marketplace to be established and allow people to know how much procedures cost.

15. waicool says:

cuck a doodle do, send in Trump!

16. Paul Killinger says:

What made the “Contract with America” work is we got those legislators to WRITE IT DOWN.

Donald Trump works the same way. He PUBLISHES his list of proposals and then attempts to fulfill them one by one.

The problem with our present GOPe UniParty is their word is only good until the words themselves leave their mouths!

17. lbmomblog says:

I for one want to remember what it was we wanted from a President this time around, and I have to realize that we aren’t going to get every swamp creature out. Our President is going to have to work with some of the swamp creatures – art of the deal. We are going to have to realize what we have now good and bad, and we are America – a democracy, and as such we aren’t always going to all 100% vote for every person in office. I don’t like Ryan, but there are bigger fish in the sea to catch. HRC, Obama, Soro’s, Pelosi, etc. etc.

There is something to be said for keeping to the main objectives and goals,

Ryan is derailing – or at very least delaying – one of the main objectives/goals, and we can find ways to put that back on track by setting Ryan straight ….Sean Hannity will help. And, we can all help by ramping up our tweets/blogs/posts about Repealing/Replacing ACA now.

18. Aaughh,sophmoric little weasle!!! How can he look in the mirror and not be ashamed?!!
    To think we could have had Nehlan and been done with him. Aarrggguuhhhh!!

19. Red says:

What really pi $$es me off is the fact that the House has voted over 60 times to repeal otrauma care. 60 times, but they have no plan????? All they did was blown smoke up our you know whats!!!! Nothing more than SHOW votes…..it was all a ruse. We can’t seem to get them primaried and voted out of office, and there is no way they will ever vote for term limits on themselves.

The one and only way to send a clear message is for the working people to go exempt for at least a month on federal income tax withholdings. We have to hit them where it hurts and money, our money, is the only way to do it. SSI and Medicare taxes are separate, so we could send a real clear message.

I know this would be difficult to get people on board, but it is the only way I see to send a message to Congress. We put Donald J Trump into office and they still aren’t listening to us nor do they give a damn about us. The only use they have for us is our Federal tax dollars rolling in every week/month. They will only take notice if and when that money stops for a month or so!!!

Speaker RINO and all of the rest would get a real quick reality check as to who their employers are. We pay the bills, we pay for their high browed standard of living, salaries, life time full salary retirement, health insurance and their high-falutin cocktail parties. I, for one, am sick and tired of this fiasco!!!!!!

• uvaldegirl says:

This “no plan” thing is nonsense. Of course they have figured out other options. Years ago. They just don’t intend to do anything.

20. Jeff says:

” TRILLIONS of Dollars are at STAKE ”

CPAC is the GOPe gatekeepers chance to GRUBER the HERD !!

I wouldn’t trust Ted GLENN BECK Cruz one nanosecond . RAT RYAN is BUSH WING NEOCON Globalist leading the way to “STOP TRUMP ” by the perceived right .

THE BLOB ( neocons , Nevers , commiecrats , media , GLOBLISTS ) exposed as Trump drains the water in THE SWAMP .

21. gettherejustassoon says:

Hopefully, some day in the near future, there will be no Saving Lyin’ Ryan.

22. mg says:

These idiots at rinopac will do anything to screw the voters. We need to tar and feather traitor Ryan and throw him to the wolves. That is the message that these sick retarded republicans can understand.

23. JAS says:

The “200 days” is standard SOP in Congress. They have to “debate” the finer points of the bill – translated – “We are debating how much pork everyone gets out of this one.” No pork, no vote, no bill. That’s how they roll.

Here’s a typical example: When the F15 was first accepted as the new fighter for the Air Force, it did not go into production until the powers that be added 5 TONS of stuff and BILLIONS OF DOLLARS in additional cost to an otherwise perfectly engineered aircraft. Same exact thing with the F16.

24. MaineCoon says:

“Perhaps, just perhaps, a few more people will now begin to stop thinking of Paul Ryan as the constitutional savior of all things Republican – and begin to see him for what he is, the GOPe gatekeeper of the Swamp and the legislative mouthpiece for U.S. CoC lobbyists, Tom Donohue and the DC UniParty BIG CLUB”

Never trusted Ryan. Never will.

I supposed President Trump had no chose. Nehlan wasn’t going to defeat Ryan. Maybe next time.

Lyin’ Ryan’s a traitor to President Trump and the deplorables. This needs to be reiterated constantly in order that he be primaried next time.

25. ZZZ says:

…there’s an entire network of those who call themselves “conservative”, or even “republican”, who won’t accept or admit the scheming lies that are sold by political republicans to their constituents.

Another example of Elephant-In-The-Room mental illness.

And our president LOVES to point out that Elephant. 🙂

26. barton2016 says:

My gosh people STOP WATCHING FOX NEWS. It’s all fake gaslighting garbage designed to distract you from what’s really happening.

Infowars has live streaming content all day and you can listen to it on your smart phone or PC. Or download podcasts. Not saying Alex Jones is 100% correct either but he is free to bring up topics that could never be mentioned on paid broadcast stations.

27. Atticus says:

Listened to Hannity’s radio show yesterday and he really seemed taken by surprise that Ryan had lied to his face. Open your eyes, sonny. Ryan is a snake who’s just waiting for the right time to turn on DJT.
    You’re either
    ther with “the people” or with he GOPe.

28. I just wrote my Congresscritter denouncing Ryan’s lies about Obamacare repeal. I have previously written him that I do NOT favor any “replacement” since the federal government is delegated no authority over healthcare in the Constitution, and this is purely a state issue, just as education, and other matters not explicitly enumerated in Article I, Section 8. That is why the Left outed itself as Constitutional ignorami when they criticized Romney for implementing Romneycare in Massachusetts, as though a state matter would or could ever become the template for nationalized healthcare! This conflating of what are appropriately state matters versus federal matters provide evidence that the Left neither understands nor has the capacity to understand exactly what federalism is. If California, or New York or Massachusetts want to set up state healthcare, that’s their prerogative. However, there is no such parallel authority for Congress to do so.

29. bolshevict says:

Any time I’ve seen Ryan on TV since the election, the ONE takeaway: “We’re on the same page, we’re working together” blah, blah, blah….This is half huffin and puffin, runnin as hard as he can to get out in front of the parade…and half setting Trump up for a double-cross.
    He wants to be able to say “We had an agreement. Trump is running off the reservation again….” etc

Ryan needs to get these questions every time he opens his yap:

1. Why didn’t you guys EVER take a stand and create a BUDGET under Obama? What in the hell were you DOING the past 8 years?
    and
    2. You obviously DIDN’T think a budget was necessary for 8 years, why are you giving Trump trouble over the budget now?

Just wait. The Uniparty is GOING TO USE THE BUDGET PROCESS TO DEFEAT TRUMP POLICY.
    WE have to set Ryan up first, educating people about what he’s been up to, so he doesn’t have STANDING to bitch about the budget.

30. MVW says:

**A Newt and Rand Paul critique of the legislative procedure and what should be accomplished is necessary. I distrust Nice Pence**

31. LULU says:

Boehner: Republicans won’t repeal and replace Obamacare

Former House Speaker John Boehner predicted on Thursday that a full repeal and replace of Obamacare is “not going to happen.”

Boehner, who resigned in 2015 amid unrest among conservatives, said at an Orlando health care conference that the idea that a repeal-and-replace plan would blitz through Congress is just “happy talk.”

Instead, he said changes to former President Barack Obama’s signature legislative achievement would likely be relatively modest.

“[Congressional Republicans are] going to fix Obamacare – I shouldn’t call it repeal-and-replace, because it’s not going to happen,” he said.

More here:

32. Mickey Wasp says:

[…] ” Hannity radio show were members of the House Freedom Caucus saying they had seen no such bill […] do a joint televised interview with Ryan and the House Freedom caucus members to find out what in the world is going on.”

To me this is key, and it does not have to be done in a “joint interview”, because their will be much interruption and vague and ambiguous answers and I’m not sure that Freedom Caucus members would publically call Speaker Ryan out on his obfuscation.

The avenue to take is to quit giving the mic to Ryan and start interviewing the ‘lesser members’ of the committee’s and start with the Ways and Means Committee members. Remember, the ACA (Obamacare) was ruled a tax by the Supreme Court.
    https://waysandmeans.house.gov/ ~ their opening page has Ryan and Brady’s “Better Way” plan. https://waysandmeans.house.gov/subcommittee/full-committee/ ~ this is the full members link and they, even the Democrats, need a mic stuck in their faces and pointed questions asked.

Ways and Committee Chairman Kevin Brady (R-TX) 8th District – was hand picked by Ryan and the CoC cronies and is much a DC swamp creature as any … the House Ways and Means Committee, considered by many to be the most powerful committee in Congress with jurisdiction over taxes, health care, Social Security, Medicare, international trade and welfare. Get that? This is where the smoke and mirrors begin. Prior to his election to Congress, Kevin worked as a chamber of commerce executive for 18 years.

33. mike diamond says:

paul needs to show more support and respect to president trump!!!!!!

34. Juliet says:

Agree 1000%. Ryan & McConnell are leading the way to preserve the status quo anyway they possibly can. They don’t seriously want to repeal Obamacare, because they are big government crony capitalists — they’d rather make a deal with the devil to retain their powerful seats than do what’s right for the American people. I despise the RINOS – all of them!!

By the way, when Trump chose Priebus, I thought this is not looking good. Priebus is a longtime friend of Ryan’s – both from Wisconsin and joined at their RINO hips. Then Trump chose Elaine Chao who is Tooter Turtle McConnell’s wife as Transportation Secy – her and her husband will shepherd through a huge infrastructure scheme to scam taxpayers once again and solidify his power. Too many powerful RINOS have Trump’s ear and have installed like minds to crush the American people! Because all said and done, the GOP establishment loves power and control and hates individual liberty.

35. Greyledge Gal says:

On the day of that Trump had his press conference aka “Trump v The Media: The Reckoning”, I was watching Varney & Co on FBN while awaiting the President.

Paul Ryan held a presser in the 11:30-12 p.m EST frame about the Border Tax and Obamacare (what they would be doing after the Presidents’ Day recess).

Afterwards, guest Steve Forbes called out Ryan on several lies about the Border Tax, including that we don’t have a national sales tax so there is no tax to remove, and that The Constitution specifically precludes us from taxing exports so Ryan stating that a Border Tax was an equalization mechanism was absolute rubbish.

Varney posted a tiny fragment of Forbes’ statement but if anyone can find that whole segment broken up over a commercial break, it would be a credible slam on Ryan and his lies.

36. gary lacey says:

How does the corruption work in DC?
    Some one knows the answer to how the politicians are working the scam? I know the basics, the C of C bribes the politician, so how does the politicians get the bribes into their own pockets, speaking fees?