Titanium Level Winning – U.S. Steel Wants To Hire Back 10,000…

…“and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

~ Donald Trump

CNBC – United States Steel would like to accelerate its investments and hire back laid-off employees now that Donald Trump will be occupying the Oval Office, CEO Mario Longhi told CNBC on Wednesday.

“We already structured to do some things, but when you see in the near future improvement to the tax laws, improvements to regulation, those two things by themselves may be a significant driver to what we’re going to do,” he said in an interview with CNBC’s “Power Lunch.”

In addition, the belief that the U.S. economy can grow at least 3.5 percent also adds to what the company can do, Longhi noted.

“I’d be more than happy to bring back the employees we’ve been forced to lay off during that depressive period,” he said, which could be close to 10,000 jobs.

[…] “There was a point in time in the past couple years that I was having to hire more lawyers to try to interpret these new regulations than I was hiring … engineers. That doesn’t make any sense.” (read more)

Specifically and directly related:

scott-pruittrump-west-virginia-hat-3WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald Trump has tapped Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt to lead the Environmental Protection Agency, according to a transition official, choosing a harsh critic of the agency to take its helm.

As the chief legal officer of a big oil and natural-gas producing state, Mr. Pruitt, a Republican, has led legal fights against some of President Barack Obama’s most significant environmental rules.

Mr. Pruitt has touted his leadership role in fighting the EPA rule that cut power-plant carbon emissions, as well as an EPA measure that put more bodies of water under federal jurisdiction. Both of those rules have been temporarily blocked by federal courts as litigation proceeds.

In choosing a legal official to head his EPA, Mr. Trump could be signaling that legal action will be central to his plans to repeal a raft of regulations, something he promised on the campaign trail. (read more)

But… but… but… he talked to Al Gore….

al-gore-trump-towertrump media wall

This entry was posted in Big Government, Big Stupid Government, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Transition, Economy, Election 2016, energy, Environmentalism, media bias, Mike pence, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

337 Responses to Titanium Level Winning – U.S. Steel Wants To Hire Back 10,000…

1. Attorney says:

Bigly.

2. India Maria says:

As so many here, I am very optimistic. In fact, I see Trump showing great foresight and vision by choosing Pence as his VP; giving him Chair of Transition; sending him out across the country to rally the country; utilizing him to run point with Congress and Legislation; bring on Pence people (Seema Verma) into the Cabinet…..i.e. granting Pence the visibility which make him the poll position for POTUS in 2024. Trump is setting up SIXTEEN full years of AMERICAN RENAISSANCE.

• sunnydaze says:

And hopefully, Americans won’t fall for the “We can’t do that” BS again for another 100 years.

Honestly, it’s been frustrating and pathetic beyond belief to watch that happening for the past few decades. Just sick.

• starfcker says:

Remember, he’s been thinking about this, and talking about this for a long time. You can bet your bottom dollar the business community has been given ample opportunity during the campaign to make their needs known. The reason this seems so easy is everybody knows exactly what they are expected to do. I talk to doubters everyday, and they are being overwhelmed by positive events. It makes it fun. Imagine three or four months from now.

• sunnydaze says:

Yeah, I know. And I’ve been thinking the same thing all these years. It’s what got me on the Trump Train. Finally, someone said what I’d been thinking for what has seemed like forever. It’s been excruciating.

And I agree it’s interesting watching people who did not vote for him get on board. I expect it to keep happening – and look forward to some of the harder nuts cracking.

• GForce says:

100 years… How about never again. :). Teach your children well!

3. aredtailblog says:

So how many jobs has Trump brought back to the people before becoming President?

How many bets it’s going to be a couple hundred thousand or higher aside from the increased investment in American enterprises from foreign bodies before his inaugeration?

4. notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

5. Timmy-the-Ute says:

I feel there is a view among the Left that they can control Trump thru his children especially his daughters, Ivanka and Tiffany. After all they did it somewhat with Reagan thru Patti and Ron Jr. The difference is Reagan had no money and his kids could be tempted with money from the Left with careers in acting and journalism.

I haven’t seen any sign that the children of Trump can be peeled away from Donald like the Reagan Children were. Tiffany may be the most vulnerable so she needs to be kept busy by siblings. I hear she is going after a Graduate degree like a MBA, though she likes to sing too.

Anyhow, I really feel Al Gore was just hoping to have a talk with Ivanka, after all she is friends with Chelsea. and maybe plant some subversive ideas. The next thing he knew he is presented to The Donald to present his case.

The same may have been with Romney. He originally contacted one of Trump’s sons and the next thing he found himself standing before The Donald, where he was told to make his pitch. Romney being brash said he should be SOS. Donald said fine you on my list of choices, knowing as long as Romney was on the list he had control over the Mormon Mafia of the Republican Party. And he has been playing Romney ever since.

Now Donald may make Romney SOS for Machiavellian reasons, or he may continue to play with him till he cements his control over the Party and then dump Romney knowing by that time he can do little. If he does that he should at least give Tagg a position as a bone to the Romney family. Holding the son as basically ransom.

• Toronto Tonto says:

I also worry that Trump is too influenced by his children, but I also know he won the White House through an unconventional campaign. Trump has known all these players for many years. Remember, too, that Gore hates Hillary and it goes back to Bill’s years in the White House.

The left is not a monolith. No group is when it comes to politics, especially the old timers, people who have been around for generations. I’m not a fan of Gore, but I know he was a pragmatist. He may have offered Trump some good advice, to be taken, of course, with a grain of salt.

I hope Trump keeps making it obvious that he is the Negotiator In Chief and doesn’t need any jobs or infrastructure bills from Congress to make him popular within the Beltway. He must keep his promises to the American people about immigration. He also should go after the corruption that Hillary personified, even though he’s backed off of that. Those people pose a personal threat to his safety.

6. donebydesign says:

We all know what Black Friday is, but do you know the story behind Black Monday?

I moved to this city from out of state as a young man to further my education….not long after Black Monday. It was devastating for generations of working families.

I would like to see a rebirth. It’s time for Youngstown to win. MAGA.

• JJR says:

I second that! Youngstown and the counties around it! This used to be an area booming with job opportunities! Now, abandoned factories and homes. PE Trump gives me new hope that jobs could return to this area! MAGA!

• Somewhere in Dixie says:

Go see what happened to Gary, Indiana after US Steel closed the plants. It is a ghost town infested with crime and dilapidated buildings.

• JJR says:

Somewhere in Dixie, I believe it! Thank God PE Trump won! Hope for good jobs to return for all of America! I hear a distant whistle! It’s getting louder everyday! The Trump train is on track and on its way! MAGA!

• JJR says:

I forgot to say thanks for posting this great article donebydesign! I remember like it was yesterday! I lived in the village of McDonald during that time. It was devastating news!

Better times heading our way! MAGA!

7. tappin52 says:

I really hope that President Trump can bring back the good old American lightbulb.

• I want my light bulbs back too.
      The new ones are expensive AND DON’T LAST !!!!!
      \
      MAGA

• TrumpFanFLA says:

TRUMPERS, please submit all such desires, ideas, concerns, etc. to Trump at the sites they created for that very thing:

GreatAgain.gov under the SHARE YOUR VIEWS/Ideas menu; &/or go straight to this link:

Agree 1000+ % !! re Incandescent bulbs, & water pressure/faucets, & toilets that barely flush!! Got all those same problems here!

And how about heating pads that actually heat up!! Wow, what an idea!

And solid plastic jars/lids that actually work together, like the old days, vs the CHEAP THIN THIN crap that products are in now!

And I do NOT want coffee that comes in a CARDBOARD cannister!!! Can you believe that crap? I’m talking to you MAXWEL HOUSE “Lite”! How can coffee stay fresh in CARDBOARD? Bring back VACUUM-PACKED FOIL “bricks”! Grrr!

And STOP SHRINKING products, YES we do notice!! (Pict-Sweet knocking off a few ozs from prior 1-lb frozen collards; & Pure N Gentle making baby wipes THINNER than before & knocking off 20 sheets from the cannister!!; & making the hole in toilet paper rolls BIGGER/Wider meaning LESS TP sheets!! etc.!)

Trump needs to convince companies to bring back QUALITY & EXCELLENCE vs this shoddy business they are doing.

Thanks for letting me rant, lol. 🙂

• TakeBackOurRepublic says:

TrumpFanInFL, I want to add one of my biggest pet peeves. Restore our ability to select water level options in washing machines! These new models have severely restricted water flow and barely clean the clothes. Drives me crazy.

• JJ...the first one says:

Which is why I bought about 100 total before they stopped making 100 and 75 watt bulbs.
        I never have to buy a bulb again.

• Sayit2016 says:

PLUS they cause seizures……

• Somewhere in Dixie says:

I want a lightbulb that brings light, a toilet that I don’t have to flush two and three times and a faucet that has enough pressure to wash dishes. This is for starters.

• Gary says:

That’s an easy one for any administration.
      It’s not illegal to produce them…it’s not illegal to sell them…it’s not illegal to use them.

It is however illegal to transport them across state lines, so repeal the I.C.C. ruling.

8. Does Obama get to take credit for all these job Trump is saving and creating? I hope most of these hit no earlier than January 20th.

• Beverly says:

The ole booger will try. Just watch him.

What made America great in the first place was FREEDOM. If The Donald gets that, we’re good. So far, I’ve enjoyed this transition process immensely. And I think it’s bracing (and hilarious) that everyone’s left the ole booger in the corner and has run to The Donald to transact business!

• unconqueredone says:

Whether or not Obama specifically takes credit for these jobs, you can bet the unemployment numbers published will be astonishingly low and the job creation equally astonishingly high for Obama’s last quarter- only to be quietly “adjusted” at some point in the future. This will give the liberal talking heads 4 years of “published” numbers to try and detract from what Trump accomplishes.

• 1stgoblyn says:

Of course! The ‘talking heads’ have already been saying Trump is taking advantage of the ‘Obama boom’ he has been handed.

9. ZZZ says:

Trump is undoing alot of bad done in past decades. why wasn’t these USA crippling measures ever exposed bigly?
    Seems like these industries wanted a life line.
    Makes one wonder…?

10. QuiteContrary says:

I’ve been wondering whether Trump’s getting these commitments from business leaders to use as leverage once he takes office. He can say he must cut regulations and taxes in order to make these new jobs a reality.

It would be great if the CEOs who’ve been outsourcing, offshoring, and hiring illegal labor wanted to be part of this jobs renaissance. It was great to hear that Japanese mogul announce his $50 billion investment in America and give his version of the MAGA slogan.

I’m sick of hearing about how adding tariffs would start a trade war. We’ve had one for decades. Our politicians have unilaterally disarmed the American worker while pocketing money and favors for themselves from the business lobby.

Paul Ryan needs to be ousted as speaker. He’s already indicated more than once that he’s opposed to Trump’s major plans. I do hope Trump is working behind the scenes to make sure Ryan “unexpectedly” falls short of the necessary votes in January.

• Sunflower says:

Ousting Ryan is OUR responsibility. Everyone keeps saying about EVERYTHING: “Trump’s got this” like he’s magic, but let’s not forget that we have a roll in this fight, too. Call your Congresscritter, e-mail them, and tell them them to ditch Ryan.

• QuiteContrary says:

Sunflower: I’m in Massachusetts, so that’s not an option for me. That is definitely something those with R House members should do.

I do call my representatives at times when something very important is going on. However, it’s a complete waste of time because they are left-wing extremists who will never change their minds (such as they are).

• Justme77 says:

I hear you, QC. I live in VA and have NO representation either. I have two moonbat senators plus my district was just gerrymandered so that my congressman is the commie Bobby Scott. It used to be Randy Forbes.

• Somewhere in Dixie says:

Well, the morons in Wisconsin reelected him in the primary. Nehlen would have been far better.

11. pbunyan says:

If they keep using the same math as they have been, pretty soon the unemployment rate will be around -45%.

12. waltherppk says:

Niobium futures look good about now. Niobium steel just might be the “Rearden Metal”

13. MC227 says:

Winning! Another Reagan revolution but bigger and better.

14. Justme77 says:

This is amazing! Plus, this will be a lot more benefit than just 10,000 jobs. This will lead to manufacturing which then leads to loads for truckers; all those people will have money to spend and want and need to spend it so many thousands more will benefit. This is great all around!

15. Mr.Right says:

You can see Obama / Trump national economic strategy with US company/stock like this one.

Under Hillary, US Steel would have downsized and possibly entered bankruptcy before the end of her term. (including hundreds if not thousands of other U.S business)

What happened to US Steel, affect all products, from solar panels to tires, you name it.

The strategy from China is that the GOVERMENT itself subsidize entire industry to produce/sell product under cost. This cause other country companies to go bankrupt, leaving only China as the manufacturer.

China knows how to leverage capitalism as a weapon of massive economic destruction.

But If you even the playing field, America would have so much new factories and jobs that we would possibly enter NEGATIVE un-employment.

And we might indeed ask Trump to “stop the winning”…

16. Trump4President says:

I was really incensed when I read that VW was getting away with 40% higher EPA until I read this column. http://ericpetersautos.com/2016/11/29/not-just-vw/

“In any event, even if you use the EPA’s official numbers as your basis for the math, we are dealing with whole number improvements in fuel usage, diesel vs. gas. Double digit whole numbers.

As opposed to the fractional, infinitesimal, picayune, how-many-angels-can-dance-on-the-head-of-a-pin “cheating” that VW/Porsche/Audi is “guilty” of. The “up to 40 percent higher”… of a fraction of a percent’s difference.

It is … a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury… signifying nothing.

Well, that’s not exactly right. It signifies economic destruction on a vast scale for the sake of nothing. The human cost of this idiocy is incalculable.

Maybe someday, someone will care.”

40% of a fraction is infinitesimal all right. The way the press presented it, it sounded like 40% of a whole number more than my Chevrolet was allowed.

17. TheVelvetKitten says:

I read here on the site about a manufacturing company who is bringing full manufacturing back to US..I cannot remember where on the site I read it though. Anyone remember the name of the company?