President-Elect Trump Announces: Governor Terry Branstad and Linda McMahon…

President-elect Donald Trump continues to frustrate the legacy media by making his announcements around the traditional media enterprises; this time via Facebook.

A secondary source of media antagonism is the lack of institutional academics amid all of the various appointees and nominees.  The professional left are apoplectic about Donald Trump continuing to select successful private sector captains of industry and action-oriented military leaders.  The absence of institutionally academic wonks is making the media very unhappy.

Then again, the old axiom is self-evident:

Those that can, do. Those that can’t, opine about those that can…

linda-mcmahon-1(New York, NY) – President-elect Donald J. Trump today announced his intent to nominate Linda McMahon to serve as the Administrator of the Small Business Administration, a cabinet-level position.

“My America First agenda is going to bring back our jobs and roll back the burdensome regulations that are hurting our middle class workers and small businesses. To help push our agenda forward, I am pleased to nominate Linda McMahon as the head of the Small Business Administration,” said President-elect Trump.

“Linda has a tremendous background and is widely recognized as one of the country’s top female executives advising businesses around the globe. She helped grow WWE from a modest 13-person operation to a publicly traded global enterprise with more than 800 employees in offices worldwide. Linda is going to be a phenomenal leader and champion for small businesses and unleash America’s entrepreneurial spirit all across the country.”

“Our small businesses are the largest source of job creation in our country,” said Ms. McMahon. “I am honored to join the incredibly impressive economic team that President-elect Trump has assembled to ensure that we promote our country’s small businesses and help them grow and thrive.”

Ms. McMahon advises global businesses as part of APCO Worldwide’s International Advisory Council. She is the co-founder and chief executive officer of Women’s Leadership LIVE, LLC, a company that uses live events and ongoing mentorships to educate and inspire women to launch and expand their own businesses, advance their careers toward executive roles, and pursue opportunities for leadership in public service.  (read more)

The second announcement is pure Donald Trump “Art of The Deal“…

terry-branstad-1

President-Elect Donald J. Trump Intends to Nominate Governor Terry Branstad as U.S. Ambassador to China

(New York, NY) – President-elect Donald J. Trump today announced his intent to nominate Governor Terry Branstad of Iowa, the longest-serving governor in American history, to serve as the U.S. Ambassador to China.

Gov. Branstad’s relationship with President Xi Jinping dates back to the mid-1980s, when President Xi was a young county official seeking a closer relationship with Iowa’s robust agriculture sector.

“Governor Branstad’s decades of experience in public service and long-time relationship with President Xi Jinping and other Chinese leaders make him the ideal choice to serve as America’s Ambassador to China,” said President-elect Trump. “He successfully developed close trade ties with China while serving as chief executive of the Hawkeye State. That experience will serve him well as he represents America’s interests and further develops a mutually beneficial relationship with Chinese leadership.”

terry-branstad-2“After long discussions with my family, I am honored and humbled to accept President-elect Trump’s nomination to represent our great country as Ambassador to China,” said Gov. Branstad. “I have known President Xi Jinping for many years and consider him an old friend. I look forward to building on our long friendship to cultivate and strengthen the relationship between our two countries and to benefit our economy. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to serve as Governor of Iowa and I look forward to serving in this extraordinary new role. Chris and I will always keep Iowa close to our hearts.”

Gov. Branstad is the longest serving governor in American history, having served from 1983 to 1999 and again from 2011 until the present. Since leading his first delegation to Hebei Province in 1984, the Governor has led six trade missions to China meeting with numerous provincial governors, ministerial leaders and local officials.

Gov. Branstad is considered an “old friend”, a culturally significant title, by President Xi and has a long-standing relationship with the Chinese Ambassador to the United States Cui Tiankai.

Gov. Branstad collaborated with the Ministry of Agriculture for China, including meetings with Minister Han Changfu and has worked closely with Madam Li Xiaolin of the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries to further relationships between states in America and Chinese provinces.  (read more)

trump convention 2

US President Barack Obama (R) listens to

…”but he seems velly nice”.

This entry was posted in China, Donald Trump, Economy, Election 2016, Legislation, media bias, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

226 Responses to President-Elect Trump Announces: Governor Terry Branstad and Linda McMahon…

1. Sandy says:

Trump knows exactly what he is doing!
    Can’t wait until he takes office.

• DelAware says:

As enthusiastic as I am about Trump, I’m finding the “cheerleading section” tone of TCT getting to be a bit much lately.

I realize that this site is being used to disseminate top-down information in an emerging, Alt-Media way. I understand the necessity of that. I realize that we all have come through one of the awfullest periods in American history with the corporate globalist left in charge of EVERYTHING.

But I’ve always loved TCT, Sundance, and yall commenters for the stance of probity and reluctance to kneejerk accept anything just to feel good about it (what I always hated about the left).

Feeling good is a drug and it can be manipulated.

Mr. Trump has a lot to answer for and a lot of promises to deliver on.

Not all those promises were to us.

Be wary, stay calm, and make him earn our respect with deeds, not offer it up like sluts in return for sweet words!

• Orygun says:

Don’t worry about Trump. I worry more about Pence and the people surrounding him. I was around to watch the whole Reagan presidency and what happened behind his back and the near assassination attempt on him was awful. I wouldn’t worry about Trump but keep a close eye on the people surrounding him.

• NormaJean says:

“Champion for small businesses and unleash America’s entrepreneurial spirit all across the country.” Considering all of President-Elect Trump’s nominations…. please somebody pinch me…. I feel like I’m dreaming. So sweet….. FINALLY!!!

2. p'odwats says:

We’re all tired of the pointy headed academics who make the decision making on every level of government in this country. I would rather have people who have actually created jobs, managed payrolls, and created their own wealth than the college professors who only knows of these things based on the theories they learned in academia.

• RG says:

Don’t forget he did at least go to military school for five years – that isn’t full military enlistment but it gives him much more insight to the live of a military man/woman than Obama ever had. All Obama ever had was the teachings of a communist and left leaning family grandparents….I believe that communism was their favorite topic during dinner…..

• oifoefvet1969 says:

While Im a long time supporter of the PEOTUS, lets get real here. Military School gives him exactly zero “insight to the live (sic) of the military man/woman”. That said, I don’t think the President needs this as long as he understands/accepts this limfac and actually has people around him that do.

• DelAware says:

I went to military school. I never enlisted. (I wanted to work, and my profession found me early–when I was 17!)

Military school does NOT give you “insight into the life of a military man/woman.” For people completely removed from all that, it may give them a taste of the kind of discipline, honor, and aspiration that is part of the best military culture. But until one has signed on the dotted line, literally offering up one’s life to support and defend the Constitution, one has NOT “taken the oath.”

Let those people speak for themselves. It is WRONG to speak for others’ experience, and I’m pretty sure Mr. Trump would never think of himself as able to do so.

One last thing. When Mr. Trump takes the oath of office, he will formally commit to preserving, protecting, and defending the Constitution. He will be Commander in Chief–a civilian position in our system. This will be as close as he gets to a military oath, and I am certain he understands the difference…even as he already, in effect, has pledged his life, his fortune, and his sacred honor for the republic. I’m sure his military school years give him a good appreciation of that, even though he didn’t choose a military career.

3. sDee says:

What glorious days – from the darkness we rise……………….

Obama Surrounds Himself with the Most Extreme Appointees in American History

Looking back – even that article underestimated the carnage of Obama

4. Gov Jay says:

Trump is making some great selections here… no more Obama-era theoreticians who couldn’t change a light bulb without electrocuting themselves…

• sunnydaze says:

LOL! Great way to put it. So true.

• p'odwats says:

So true. Our federal, state and local governments are bogged down by too many “thinkers” who are on the take instead of a bunch of doers whose main concern is to serve the public.

• DelAware says:

Maybe if our jobs hadn’t been offshored, these civil servants could have found work somewhere else?

I know that was the case where I come from, the Delaware Valley, which used to be called the Industrial Valley, but all that was utterly destroyed in the 1960s-1970s and the Reaganites like “Chainsaw Al” finished the job in the ’80s. The other diabolical event of note was the invention of the unsecured revolving consumer debt industry–credit cards–in Joe Biden’s Wilmington, DE. Global speculation took the place of productive work.

You cannot bash Americans for having gone wherever they could to stay employed…though I will agree that we need to address civil service, the Education Business, the NGO and lobbying and “philanthropic” foundations sector.

Just one example: the Pew family that got so rich on oil and shipbuilding in the Delaware Valley cashed out the lives of thousands of workers and their families in the Asbestos Plague and the offshoring of jobs…then cashed out our jobs, homes, and communities. They moved to Texas and now spend all their time lecturing us about morals and religion.

• USMCLt says:

And Obama could not bring himself to hire any light bulbs brighter than he…which wasn’t easy. However, I’d say he succeeded brilliantly. 😉

• NormaJean says:

Ha! True words..

5. keeler says:

The version I’ve always heard is “Those who can’t do teach. Those who can’t teach administrate.”

Pretty much sums up the Obama cabinet. A clique of potemkin professors who nearly ran the US into the ground.

6. Carolina Kat says:

I love this choice for small business (as a small business owner). Her personal history is a recommendation to me – she is a self-made woman – like so many others who own businesses – who was not living life waiting for some government handout, but a real risk taker, bill payer, and paycheck writer. She knows how to get down to the brass tacks. She will bring reality to a government steeped in theoretical delusion. Thank you God for giving us a PRAGMATIC leader.

Please God, keep him safe.

This time next year life for those in small businesses will be so great, we might be a little weary of winning, but I doubt it!

• DelAware says:

I’m not optimistic that she understands entrepreneurial self employment–microbusiness–which I think we need a sort of Marshall Plan/Manhattan Project for in this nation.

It’s more complicated than the Chamber of Commerce rhetoric and very different from small business at larger levels. A “small business” in my NAICS codes (Sector 54) can mean 1,000 employees or $15-30 million per year!

There are a lot of potential service sector and infrastructure jobs that individuals could do by themselves, or with a buddy, or with a couple others. A lot of work needing done.

But the burdens on microbusiness creation and ownership crush them before they can get off the ground. And not everybody with a good idea has the personal and genetic qualifications, nor sense of honor/dedication/work ethic, to make it work. Potential micro- and small business owners need someone to help them discover this for themselves without too much ruination.

I formed and dissolved several microbusinesses. When I started the first one, I needed a loan of $3,500 for capital improvements to the tiny industrial space I found, and that was with me doing most of them myself. I went to everyone under the sun in my city, county, and area. All the “business development” mahoffs and academics and Program Directors and Lending Specialists told me in practically the same words that if I wanted $350,000, they could help me, but I was too small to bother with. IOW, they would only loan me something that they could foreclose on late. IOW, they bet on me to fail!

My first business was a highly technical, highly specialized, and very in demand set of services. It was successful. But the costs were terrible.

I was working a 60-70-hour-a-week salaried public sector job, for the modest salary and the benefits for my family…then every night at 2000 hours I’d go to my business and work till midnight. Then up at 0600 to start the next day. Year after year, all weekends, only the occasional half-day family holiday (Christmas, etc.). This meant deferring childbearing…and just as that looked possible, my mother got Alzheimer’s and I ended up being the only person on earth to care about her and provide all the support. That brought an end to my marriage–which had already been limping along as my husband/partner became less of a business asset and more of a slacker hippie parasite. Which he wasn’t when I met him, and others agreed with that assessment. He simply wasn’t equal to the challenges we faced.

Small business tests not just the owner(s) but everyone around them. No wonder people look for structured civil service jobs. There’s no longer any “middle ground” in employment. You’re either a total wage slave with a smart phone implant demanding attention 24/7, or you’re unemployed.

7. I was always a WWE fan until last year when they threw Hogan under the bus and wasted Sting’s character in the WWE. She should do fine as head of SBA though. Scott Pruitt is a sensible head of the EPA, no more of this climate change BS. Plus he got him out of Oklahoma. I was going to vote against him as AG because he has been suing to get Colorado’s marajuana laws overturned because he claims the weed is coming into OK. It is none of his business what Colorado does. Im glad he s gone and in a position where he can actually do some good.

8. KBR says:

Academics?

Those leftist globalists who brainwash our youth, deny the truth, and spend time in “think tanks” pretending to be experts and “opinion makers?”

The very ones who believe the unindoctrinated-in-leftist-nonsense-USCitizen to be worthless?

Those who believe themselves to be the epitome of correctness, and create PC?

Well, Sir! Thank You!

Please keep up the excellent non-“academic” choices!

9. RG says:

about half the college professors need to be in a Conservative “re-education” camp…LOL

10. victorsharp says:

Linda McMahon was the brains behind WWE during the “Monday Night Wars”. Yes, I was a wrestling nerd in high school. Long story short Ted Turner created a wrestling company called WCW and poached all of WWE’s top talent including Hulk Hogan. In the mid 90s WCW was destroying WWE almost to the point of bankruptcy. Linda McMahon created a new strategy which ultimately led to domination in the ratings and the eventual purchase of WCW by WWE.

This is the type of leadership that our country has been lacking for decades. Vince McMahon was the face of the franchise leadership team but make no mistakes that Linda was making most of the critical decisions. I cannot be more prouder of President Elect Trump. And I am absolutely not tired of winning yet!

11. Bendix says:

I’m in favor of giving an ambassadorship to someone who understands both government and China, yet someone not of the political hack/connected elitist preppy snot class. Our foreign service is closed to our best and brightest, if they don’t know the ‘right’ people. This appears to be a step in the right direction, bringing diplomacy into the real world, and into the 21st century.
    As far as the Small Business Administration goes, I didn’t even know that was a cabinet-level position, but that’s because I am no expert in small businesses. What I do know is that small businesses are having trouble in an economy rigged for the globalists. If America’s businesspeople are happy with this choice, I’m happy too.

12. Hillbilly4 says:

These 2 selections, alone, represent the complete break from the Obama years. Trump has national and international contacts. It is a damning comment on the Obama administration that they never recruited Trump to help them. Trump’s business acumen, real sense of right vs wrong, personal integrity come along only a few times….and we the living get to see an American president lead the resurgence of the American Spirit. Much like Reagan, Trump stands point-guard for a people ready for change.

13. Barbara Williams says:

Awesome pick in Linda McMahon. …she’s a powerful force to be reckoned with….

14. True Colors says:

As usual, the leftist media cites white skin as being a shortcoming