jackboots(Via Front Page)  It’s not a story out of the Soviet Union though Oleg Atbashian, an artist, activist and commentator, had gotten in trouble for defying the authorities there too.

“Back in my Soviet dissident days, when I was collecting signatures in defense of Andrei Sakharov, I was screamed at, threatened, and lectured by the KGB and Communist functionaries. What I never imagined was that in the United States, the land of the free, I would not only be subjected to similar treatment, but go to jail,” Oleg writes.

But that’s exactly what happened to him.

Oleg’s mixture of art and satire took off with Communists for Kerry. He’s the mastermind behind The People’s Cube and his tweaking of the radical left and  its alliance with Islamic terrorists allowed him to continue the same fight he had pursued in the days of the Soviet Union. But as the US comes to resemble the USSR, political satire and activism carries a serious price.

This is what happened to Oleg when he put up some of his Freedom Center posters challenging the anti-Semitic environment created by the left’s alliance with Islamic terrorists on campus.  (read more)

oleg-2

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Communist, Israel, Political correctness/cultural marxism, propaganda. Bookmark the permalink.

124 Responses to We Stand With Oleg – Artist Threatened With 5 Years In Jail For Anti-Terror Posters…

1. Come 2017 hopefully President Trump can simply quell this fascist goonery. Until then it requires people power. Lots of people power.

And seriously,the institutions need to be totally purged and cleansed, this is ridiculous and evil.

• Even after President Trump takes office it will take people power, and lots and lots of people power. We are way behind in a war that began in 1913 (officially) and we have yet begun to truly fight.

One of the first things I feel we can do is begin to shift the narrative. For example, these modern day fascists posing as liberals are anything but liberal. As I said, they are fascists.
      Period!

2. Angry Dumbo says:

Peoples Cube is absolute genius. Fake news or satire? I remember when Stephen Colbert was funny – then liberals loved satire.

3. fedback says:

Political correctness slowly leads to fascism

• Totally Domestic says:

You are so right.

• Political correctness actually has another, much more descriptive name: Cultural Marxism…..

• I disagree. It is totalitarian feudalism at the top with a group of one world psychopaths who feel they own us and should control every aspect of our lives.

On the streets are fascist sociopaths who fall for the fake “liberal” bullsh!t and have been indoctrinated to believe they are entitled to destroy until they get “their way”. They don’t even have a “way”.

Oh, so very much work to be done, by all of us and from now on… as is stated the price of liberty is eternal vigilance. I would add and the intestinal fortitude to demand and protect it was reinstated. As of now, what liberty? None…

• ZZZ says:

I have been watching re-runs of All In The Family.

For this who don’t know this show from the 70’s, the main character, Archie Bunker, is a 100% bigot…no holds bar. The things he says are incredibly ignorant and racist, yet the show was wildly popular and lasted 8 years!

The producers (Norman Lear being one of them) were not afraid of offending their audience – they LET their audience think for themselves, knowing that most who watch the show KNOW what was being said was wrong – but found the outrageousness of it entertaining. His wife, Edith, who he repeatedly calls a ding-bat, is actually the smarter, more sensitive character. The writing was risky but genius.

We don’t need to be TOLD what is right and wrong. We do not need someone to THINK for us. Look where it has gotten us – the generations coming up are weak, uninspired, and literally brain-atrophied.

Think about the 19 yo kids storming Normandy. Today they are in safe rooms petting kitties and puppies.

Teach your children well…ignore the media, fight the public school indoctrination, pray with your kids. Help them build a foundation of good character and principles.

Off my soap-box…thanks for listening. 🙂

• unseen1 says:

Nothing slow about it. It’s a fast trip once you limit speech

• Indeed, it is immediate.

• herbork says:

And, by the way, PC has destroyed American Literature. After WW II, we had High Brow — Hemingway, Faulkner; Middle Brow — John Updike, John O’Hara; and Low Brow — Mickey Spillane and pulp magazine fiction. Today we have a Lower-Middle Brow of feminized twaddle: zombies, vampires, empty urban chic-lit and twenty-volume sci-fantasy sagas. I am not saying some of these novels aren’t worth reading. I’m saying they are the surpassingly mediocre fruits of college Creative Writing classes which instead taught How Not To Offend. Literature is not PC. IMO young men need to return to serious fiction and do their job as artists: show us, in all truth, The Way We Live Now. “The rest is silence.”

• Jenny R. says:

Yep, and now incoming students are having a hard time with the old Middle Brow…reading Faulkner is almost an impossibility for most.
            We need to start at kindergarten and not stop until the graduate courses are back on line with actual academic work.
            Consider this: the average high school educated (even drop out) blue collar worker of the 40s and 50s was often more culturally educated and had a broader base of knowledge than many incoming college freshmen today (heck, college graduates). This is what happens when you give up the liberal arts without a fight…and now the STEM classes are full of the same bs (Common Core math anyone?).

• WSB says:

Here’s a piece of history for you. In the 18th century, most children at the age of 16 had already learned two languages, most Latin, all sorts of sciences, mathmatics, and were holding down jobs and caring for family.

If you read ‘John Adams’ by David McCullough, you will get quite a sense of the Adams’ childrens’ upbringing. Truly remarkable.

• mopar2016 says:

Young people can’t even write in cursive these days.
              They buy into the nonsense of the socialists and leftists without questioning anything.

Quote: The goal of socialism is communism.
              Vladmir Lenin.

• Ozzie says:

Try reading a little C. S. Lewis. After a few pages you see your I. Q. begin to rise.
            What have we become? If this is progress I want no part of it. People are smart who allow the older generations to speak, they keep us on track.

• BigMamaTEA says:

And then, take away guns. (ps That’s why they are #1 and #2 on the list)

4. bertdilbert says:

So the guy got arrested for defacing property? I do not understand why this is news.

• Doug says:

its because of the subject matter… being singled out because of that is tantamount to censorship

• It’s news because the police told Oleg that the poster is highly offensive, disturbing, and scary to GMU students.

• AmyB says:

It isn’t about defacing property. It is about making sure the other side – his side- is never heard from. You might want to visit FrontPagemag.com if you want to understand the bigger picture. If this was just one incident on college campuses today, maybe you’d have a point. But the SJP group is exceedingly anti-Semitic and tries to shut down the other side all time, in every way possible. Take over speaker meetings, check. Intimidate Jewish students, check. Run vile student council elections, check. There’s a help of a lot of that happening all over the country and the posters is a way to present the other side of the issue.

Here’s a question for you: do you think that if the posters had been pro-choice instead of anti-BDS/SJP/Hamas, anyone would have cared or called the campus police?

5. WeeWeed says:

Welcome to GMU, a leftist shite-tank where we pass these out rather than diplomas.

photo a.m.20combat20medals_1.jpg

We stand with YOU, Brother Oleg!!

6. Rino Hunters United! says:

He is brilliant and his web site is the best Left mocking site I have ever seen…

7. paulraven1 says:

Appalling story but not surprising (which is also appalling). In the words of Greg Lukianoff, leader of F.I.R.E. (which I trust is on the case already or shortly will be), “the American university is now where free speech goes to die.”

• Rino Hunters United! says:

Thought Criminal #39720984-HG6374

Write down this number and report to your Kommissar at the nearest railroad station.
      Don’t forget warm clothes and a shovel!

8. DoggyDaddy says:

People’s Cube is brilliant…followed them for years. I’d say give ’em hell, Oleg; but, those lefty, pc-preaching, buttercups are already in hell — they just don’t know it’s their safe space.

• Raven says:

Spent time in the U.S.S.R. in 1994. Every time I think of the buttercups screaming here in the U.S.A. I wish I could transport them back there so they could witness for themselves what life is really like in a socialist country.

Everyone, from waiters to street sweepers, asked if I would shop for them in the ‘foreigners only’ stores and buy everyday necessities for them (toilet paper being their main request). Buttercups can have socialism, just not here in America.

9. JJ says:

Look, it’s difficult to defend failed policies. Part human nature, part mathematical certainty, liberal policies will fail. Simple empirical evidence proves this time and time again throughout history. It’s seen on the local levels here in the US, worldwide as other countries begin to suffer systemic failures due to centralized planning and control of the means of production, etc.

What’s left? If you’re on the left, how do you defend fringe left policies? You shut down the discussion using a number of logically fallacious arguments and tactics.

1) Appeal to emotion fallacies.
    2) Ad hominems.
    3) Outright lie.
    4) Use questionably legal force to silence dissent.
    5) Threaten outright violence.

This is how the left has advanced its agenda for the past 60 years. And it’s the same principles a toddler uses when you tell one if can’t have any more candy.

• ryanomalley1 says:

You left out a very important component…their opposition has been controlled. The old media was run by the left and they selected the opposition to put on their media. WE changed that online.

10. georgiafl says:

This prosecution is not about dissent or damages – it’s all about Islam. And the fact that, if it were up to Islamists and the UN – no one on the earth today would be allowed speak against Islam, not in the USA or EU or Asia or Africa or the ME.

No one is allowed to point out that, according to Islam’s core texts, history, speech and actions, it is and always has been a supremacist, misogynist, violent, aggressive hate group.

There have been 29,715 documented deadly Islamic terrorist attacks since 9/11/01.

Here are the works of Islam in 2016:

• BigMamaTEA says:

georgiafl, not only the moose limbs and the UN, it is/was secretly on the Hilldabeast’s agenda also!

I am flabbergasted it’s gone this far. Well, not surprised, but it sure has advanced while we were busy with the election.

• Jimmy Jack says:

GaFl – I’m a long time opponent of the UN starting from when a bf cooked dinner for me at 16 and told me how awful the organization is and how anti Israel they are. As a young girl I was surprised at how passionate he was about it and started studying it.

But I hadn’t put it into the Islam context until this election. I just looked at it as corruption but it is actually more insidious than that. It is dominated by one world government communists – specifically Muslims who plan to be the group that controls that one world government. The numbers alone show it to be a Muslim dominated organization. This is why Israel is the only nation routinely condemned by the UN. The US will be next.

The useful idiot commies on the left have no idea that will be crushed under the feet of Islam as soon as they can make that happen. The useful idiot left still has a role to play for Islam but their days are numbered and we will be left trying to save us all.

We need to get out of the UN, defund them, collect what they owe us and kick them out of US soil.

• JJ says:

And of course, Islam and the Democrats both push their agendas using the same intellectually dishonest and illegal activities.

• BigMamaTEA says:

enemies will join with enemies to achieve their common goals. Stupid thing is, eventually they will fight each other, and one will lose. In fact, if you study history, sometimes that’s one the first things they do in the goal to claim power. They kill the ones they’ve used to get there, because after all they both know each other’s business.

And that will be before they go for us.

Pop some corn. This is getting interesting.

• mopar2016 says:

Good post georgiafl.
      Those nasty people that you mentioned are a big part of Hillary’s base.
      I read an article stating that Mr.Trump got more of the white female vote than she did.
      That means that Hillary alienated and lost the white vote, while embracing the minority and illegal alien vote. Oh well, what difference does it make at this point?

11. RedBallExpress says:

They’ll have him cleaning out the reactor tubes. They know how to handle this sort of thing.

12. smiley says:

I ❤ Oleg

• Concerned says:

Oooh I like that one too. Another good one to print and hang up. In fact, I might blow that up large and put it up as a poster in my home.

13. tommylotto says:

I am a big fan of the First Amendment. Stickers and glue… not so much.

• susiepuma says:

Did you read the article…………………..wheat paste…………washes off with water……..

• tommylotto says:

So they say, and that is just the posters. I remember my days on college campuses. The stickers used by “street artists” usually use the same permanent adhesive found on bumper stickers and ruin whatever they are attached to.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I guess my question would be whether or not other people who have done the same are facing the same charges.

• BigMamaTEA says:

JJ, truly it REALLY is the subject matter. I’ve followed David Horowitz and his campus crusaders for 10 years plus.

The school and their police do not want to call it what it really is; therefore, the distraction of “glue vs.paste” How many of you were distracted by the …………squirrel ?

THAT is what has kept people confused for eons. Do Not fall for it again!

• Concerned says:

tommylotto, read the article please. Your priorities are absurd.

• tommylotto says:

I read the freakin’ article.

I doubt their version of guerrilla advertising would be legal regardless of content. I hate it when lefties stick their crap all over the place without permission, and I don’t see why my opinion should change just because I agree with the content this time. There are plenty of ways to get your message out without damaging other people’s property.

“…the officers decided to charge us with “destruction of property worth of at least $2,500,” which was a “class 6 felony.” They claimed we had “super-glued” our fliers to school signs and it was impossible to peel them off.”

If the officers are lying or selectively prosecuting due to the content of their message, I would agree with you. However, if those flyers were attached so that they could not be removed without damaging the property to which they were attached, then they were breaking the law. I just can’t tell who is telling the truth in this situation. However, in my experience, I have seen plenty of street artist’s stickers affixed in such a way as to damage whatever they were attached to. We are in favor of the rule of law, right?

14. I thought George Mason U was a conservative campus. Didn’t Dr. Walter Williams teach there? What the heck is going on? To those parents we were advising a day or so ago about where to send their kids to college, we now must caution, “But check it out carefully, I haven’t been there for a couple of years.”
    Is Hillsdale College still okay???
    I can vouch personally for George Fox Univ in Oregon.

• BigMamaTEA says:

The only one that I can confirm is okay is Hillsdale. Hillsdale takes NO government money.

• Sherlock says:

Parts of GMU are pretty conservative. For example, they just named the Law School after Scalia–won’t find that happening anywhere else in the US, I’ll bet. But, there are lefties there too–remember the story a day or so ago about the admissions officer who described
      certain Christian conservatives as “worthless trash”?

• Rebel Mope says:

That would be Dr. Walter E. Williams. There is another Dr. Williams he prefers not to be confused with. Perhaps I should send the ADL an e-mail requesting their involvement. The ADL detests these sort of tactics. Look how they handled the unfounded accusations leveled against Mr. Bannon.

• BigMamaTEA says:

A h/t wouldn’t hurt RebelMope. do it.

• Rebel Mope says:

A hat tip? I don’t understand.

• BigMamaTEA says:

Drop them a line, a call, an email, a link to the article, notify all of these patriot attny, groups you are aware of, Rebel Mope.

They’ll reach out. (Big cases all the way to the Supreme Court, help these attorney groups get donations!!!!)

Anybody, if you know of any Public Service Attorney Groups, go to there websites and drop in a link to the article. This helps. It helps publicize, it helps all of us. A lot of these Public Service Attorney Firms specialize in challenges to our Basic Rights and the Constitution, and will represent, and are looking for clients with cases to challenge, especially, if they could turn out to be BIG cases, like a 1st Amendment case, etc.

15. Summer says:

Trump promised to defend the freedom of speech on campus.
    Not sure about posters, though. Maybe they are illegal per Uni policy?

16. facebkwallflower says:

Well then, get over to DML’s site and especially his fb and set things straight. So many of his “followers” are thinking this is a good idea but it is the “front” reason for getting rid of sites like “The People’s Cube”. It includes satire with fake sites. http://dennismichaellynch.com/google-facebook-targeting-fake-news-sites/

17. JunieG says:

I remember years ago, listening to a report on NPR about the rise of antiSemitism in Europe. I was stunned that Christians would turn against Jews in our modern age. What the NPR report left out was that the antiSemitism was stemming from mass immigration of Muslims who hate Israel and all Jewish people, and their leftist supporters.

When confronted with Muslim atrocities committed against Christians, the best Obama has come up with his to preach that Christians committed atrocities against Muslims during the Crusades – and the secular left, who don’t believe in God but do believe in “karma” lapped it up.

ISIS is killing Christians in horrific ways. There was a conference on persecution of Christians in the modern middle east earlier this year – it was held in Russia.

Trump denounced the massacre at Pulse, and vowed to protect gays against anyone who would harm them. Hillary and Obama, not so much – but the deranged left still think of them as the savior of gays.

• Jimmy Jack says:

You are right about the media obscuring where the anti Semitism is coming from. Jews are fleeing France for Israel in record numbers. I have read they are afraid to go in the streets especially on high holy days for fear of attacks.

Shame the Jews are unarmed yet AGAIN in Europe and facing attacks.

• fuzzi says:

I see a lot of Christians are no longer believing the Bible, especially what it teaches about Israel. Some have even proclaimed that God is done with the Jewish people, that “Christians” are the new “chosen people”, and use these ideas as an excuse for abandoning and persecuting the Jews.

It’s not a smart thing to do, not if you believe in God, and His word.

“Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
      And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
      And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” – Genesis 12:1-3

• Joel says:

Islam has been killing non-Muslims since Mohammad the terrorist started it in the seventh century.

18. Nunya Bidness says:

Shop at People’s Cube!

19. maiingankwe says:

Yesterday there was an article at Pamela Gellar’s site saying Trump will sign off on making the muslim brotherhood a terrorist organization. This will finally take out CAIR right along with ISNA, ICNA, and MAS. The U.S. Attorneys office in Dallas were the ones trying to take them down until the DOJ put a stop to it with rumors the directions came from the WH. The FBI was also very involved in this, which most of us already know.

It has strong support from both sides of the aisle, and I only counted a dozen who were against. I was even shocked to see Tim Kaine on the winning side for once.

Here is a small excerpt from the article:

“Donald J. Trump will work to pass legislation designating the muslim brotherhood as a terrorist organization, said Walid Phares, a foreign policy adviser for the president elect.” He was giving an interview to a news source from Egypt.

A strong argument to this legislation is that Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, UAE, and Bahrain have already classified the MB as terrorists and have cut them off, jailed and/or kicked them out of their countries.

If there is any evidence to be found that this group has been funneling money to hamas they too will be properly dealt with from Trump’s administration.

Once we deal with these islamic groups they will lose their power to use our courts against us. We won’t see these stories anymore. At least not at the levels we are seeing now, and I don’t believe they will go anywhere anyways. I hope I’m not wrong on this.

I know this post is slightly off topic, I just want to give people some assurances it will get better with Trump. These groups will lose their power to push us around.

20. Paco Loco says:

The courts have been packed with liberal judges for years. We won’t be free until the courts are purged of the lefty judges and lawyers.

21. entagor says:

What a shame a University named for George Mason. Mason’s “Virginia’s Declaration of Rights” was a model for the Declaration of Independence. Mason would not sign the original Constitution because it lacked at that time a Bill of Rights

The name of this great great man used as cover for the vilest alliance of anti Christian Marxists and Islamists. Cowardly snowflakes and terrorists who curse free speech

The People’s Cube is so good. Minitrue posted a rewrite of the Marseillaise there on the page where the site sells its own version of les Deplorables tee shirts

Allons enfants de la patrie,
    les déplorables ... sont arrivés!
    Contre nous, de la tyrannie,
    le corps d'Hillary s'est levé (bis)
    Entendez-vous dans les campagnes
    Mugir les médias traditionnels?
    Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras
    Égorger la vérité avec des mensonges!

Aux armes, citoyens,
    Lisez le People's Cube,
    Marchons, marchons!
    Que Donald Trumb
    Devient le Président!

You can find the translation at:

To Oleg: I was told this story by my grandmother about her family in Poland during WWII. When they returned to their farmhouse after the Germans left, the roof was gone. Winter, they had to gather wood for heat but the Russians moved in and declared the woods was the People’s Woods. So the family only picked up fallen branches and were arrested for stealing from the People’s Woods. Their punishment was all the eggs from their chickens and all the milk from their cows That is the justice of the Snowflakes.

• RedBallExpress says:

If there was ever a country that was caught in the jaws of history it was Poland. They were totally fearless in WWII and were always given great respect by their allies. They paid a deep price for their country. You can be proud that your family stood tall when the chips were down.

22. SouthCentralPA says:

Saaaaay, what’s that Atbashian fellow’s website? 🙂

Fortunately for him, that campus is a stone’s throw from a number of public interest law firms that will doubtlessly take their lunch break and spank GMU, but it’s only meant to be a nuisance. The process is the punishment, etc …

Hopefully, DJT is preparing to dial up a DoEd secretary who can send some “Dear Colleague” letters that would clear up some of these things for administrators who are having problems with the 1A…

23. Keln says:

Wow…had no idea the guy behind People’s Cube actually came from the Soviet Union. No wonder the satire is so perfect. He lived the real thing!

24. IMO says:

Soros bands with donors to resist Trump, ‘take back power’ – POLITICO

Speaking of commies soros piglosi warren ellisin licking their wounds and scheming in the deep bowels of hell

25. decisiontime16 says:

From a fashion perspective…wondering if those boots would look good with burkas?

26. squid2112 says:

He should have burned Trump effigies and threatened assassination .. he would have been applauded instead of jailed.

This isn’t the USSA, this is perhaps even worse. George Orwell never knew just how accurate his story really would be, just took a few years longer.