Reminder: Guidelines For Comments/Participation at CTH

“Seek first to understand, then to be understood”.

patriot1.) First, please READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD – and the full context of any discussion thread you wish to participate in. Skipping to the comments to express an opinion without reading the content of the discussion is not helpful.

Often, unfortunately very often, we find many of the points injected into comments are already outlined in the construct of the thread itself.  -or- Questions asked while the answers are in the primary post.

2.) STAY ON TOPIC – please do not post something unrelated to the specific matter and content of the thread subject. There is a ALWAYS a daily open thread available for any subject you feel should get attention.  Never place unrelated, “O/T”, or “Off Topic” comments on a thread unrelated to the topic.   It is not ok to say: “sorry, O/T but”… or any iteration therein.

Additionally, if we are currently investing time in a legal case discussion (ex. Zimmerman/Martin, Wilson/Mike Brown, Chambers), or a specific aspect of research that warrants an individual and unique thread, DO NOT post anything related to those topics on the Daily Open Thread.

3.) NARROW YOUR THOUGHTS – Quality beats quantity. Please construct your comments to target specific areas and not broad generalizations about the discussion topic at hand. If you have four or five disconnected points, break them up into individual comments.

4.) AVOID GENERALIZATIONS – Don’t speak in riddles.   Words like “he, she, they, it, them” should rarely be used. Spell out “who” using the name, spell out who “they” are at the beginning of every sentence in your paragraph; so that there is clarity as to who you are talking about.

5.) BLOCK PARAGRAPHSDo not post huge blocks of text. Think of the reader, and modify your presentation for understanding, not for exclaiming. Do not write to yourself, you are writing to others, so please structure your presentations such that other people can grasp and enjoy. NEVER post massive blocks of text without paragraph breaks.

Do not post huge blocks of text

6.) PARAGRAPHS – Should NEVER be longer than two or three sentences taking up three to five standard lines of text. Again, you are writing to understand, not to be understood, the emphasis should be on the reader comprehending what you are sharing.

Do not post huge blocks of text

7.) SPELLING AND PUNCTUATION – This is not school and we do not demerit for poor spelling, nor do we allow anyone to call others out for the same. However, if your construct is too poorly written the context is lost and important details can be missed.

8.) TIME – Everyone ‘s time is valuable. Some of our discussion threads are 500 to 1,000+ comments long. Please try not to duplicate the commentary that might already exist and has been missed because the entire thread has not been analyzed. We try to limit the comments to 500 and then post another related thread, but with some research threads it is challenging to do so because we do not want to break a continuity.

9.) THOUSANDS ARE WATCHING – For every person writing a comment, there are 100,000 or more reading lurkers on every discussion thread. Do not write anything you would not say in your own living room. Do not disparage our conversation with vulgarity, profanity, or any expressions of any “ism”.

Troll10.) MODERATION / FILTERING THE HATE – Because of our honest approach at seeking facts and truth, and openly discussing various analytical theories along the way, we are bombarded by those with ulterior motives which include:

• Intentional efforts to distract
  • Intentional diatribes to affix labels to our objectives
  • Intentional expressions of rabid hate, vulgarity, and threats.
  • Trolling and professional obfuscation.
  • Concern Trolling as a tool of distraction and derailing conversation.
  • Psy-ops and Intentional Efforts to diminish fact-finding.

We do our earnest best to stop the agenda hoard at the moderation gates, however sometimes they get through. If you see something untoward say something. When a new comment surfaces that we view is only presented to argue, we watch carefully – but we also are not perfect. You can help. Feel free to alert us via email.

11.) MANNERS MATTER – Simple kindnesses and courtesy should always be present in tone and content. When writing ask yourself before you hit “send” does this add value?

SUMMARY: You, the Treehouse community have historically accomplished a lot. Through exhaustive research and analysis our accuracy and reputation for truthful fact-finding, regardless of where it leads, is well regarded. Retain that distinction of intellectual armament.

We are The Conservative Treehouse, not because of political affiliation, but rather because the word “conservative” expresses our outlook. We would rather be deep, than wide; we would rather be honest, than popular; we avoid semantics in favor of accurately presenting both intention and meaning.

We are bold in our willingness to go into conversational places where others do not, and we are brave enough to stand firm for principles which are time tested.

We would rather advertise our outlook so the viewer can understand our perspective on a particular subject, than deceptively claim we are something else and deliver an inherently biased view. The entire spectrum of the MSM is based on the latter.

Every reader knows where we stand on any given issue, and our opinions -while they may be unpopular- are based on solid research and analytical insight into the subject matter at hand. This is why our predictive analysis is routinely more accurate than others.

Lastly, this Treehouse is a conversation. Just like sitting on a porch with friends.

Because the “conversation” is the ends and not the means, this approach inherently means YOU are the important part:

[Remember] …”However each of us got here, it’s probably a fact that we have the turmoil of those storms in common, perhaps some unease that we could share and always, we also find fresh ground to cover from day to day.

We’re developing valuable relationships as we trust one another in our community in the woods. The chatting in the branches encourages, strengthens and equips for some serious walking.

We think the Treehouse is a good armory for those who doing long distance walking for the sake of our nation. We hope you’ll think so, too. Find yourself a good branch….or just pull up a rock to the campfire”.

The smores can be enjoyed because our Wolverines faithfully patrol the perimeter.  Please be respectful.

Patriotic Cowboy Kid

This entry was posted in Treehouse Campfire, Treehouse Tips, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

171 Responses to Reminder: Guidelines For Comments/Participation at CTH

1. thetrain2016 says:

…and l wish to add: Trolls shall be beaten with a rubber hose… (Obviously not too violently :0)

2. cmscarpa says:

I must say — there certainly are many of those who seem to be the “respected regulars” who don’t follow the guidelines, regularly! My only comment is, in a thread of 500+ comments there’s going to be some duplication.

• stobberdobber says:

cmscarpa says:
      August 2, 2016 at 1:45 pm

I do not know which respected regulars you are talking about because I see few of the long time people posting at all anymore, as the threads are usually overrun by people who have been here less than a year. Even the admins get few posts out because of all of the posters who have only been here a short time.

3. It cannot be emphasized enough that RESEARCH is far more interesting & valuable than chat or cartoons or other joking. I love many longtime posters, but the chattiness really bugs me at times. Some morale boosting is OK, but there are times when I will leave a thread because it smothers the meat of the topic.

• coeurdaleneman says:

I would like to add a corollary: some of sundance’s greatest posts have been the results of research that somebody dug out of the bowels of the internet. Sundance is spectacular for being to spot them embedded in an ocean of chatter sometimes.

So, please make it easier on his eyes for not having to be so overworked. Slow down and think first in order to make every post count, and to minimize impulse detritus.

Sorry for sounding like a scold.

• Spencer's Mom says:

And if you find something particularly juicy or newsworthy, please give us a clue where you found it. Add the link perhaps – or at least verbally tell us the source – so that we can check it out and/or verify it – instead of just assuming that it is a rumor.

• Ad rem says:

Ah! An excellent time for me to interject with a problem we’ve been having.

Several commenters, even longtime regulars, have felt compelled to post streams of political cartoons and videos on the Presidential-Open Discussion thread. One or two pics here and there are no problem, however, lists of them become disruptive to the flow of conversation and prove more irritating than amusing.

4. ctdar says:

Wish could post a virtual wall of troll gravatars

5. azgary says:

I have trouble using the blockquote feature here a < is always separated from the rest, so it doesnt work.

it happens on no other wordpress site I comment on, is this intentionally done here?

blockquote is valuable to convey context and making points.

• Margaret-Ann says:

I’m on a PC, Vista Windows —

I use blockquote all the time and have never had a problem with it here. Make sure you double-space and start on a new line.

Good luck!

🙂

6. No One says:

It would be great if conservative treehouse could expand with some meet ups. Online is great, but in person is better. This thread reminds me how much community building you are doing. It would be great to extend that. Participating in Republican politics solo isn’t that great because even the few Republicans around me are globalists.

7. Lanceman says:

Heh. The Hil-bots are out in force all over Disqus (account made after the DNC, no avatar, etc). You’d better be vigilant here.

• georgiafl says:

I suspect the Hill-bots are the same as the Cruz-bots, the Carson-bots when he was briefly ahead, etc. as well as the in 2012 Romney-bots. Same attack tactics, name-calling, vehemence, vocabulary, etc.
      Hirelings of some sort. Government agency, uniparty or political agenda group?

• Lanceman says:

No, these are the hired commenters spoken of in the hacked DNC e-mails.

Since the democrats know they have such a fatally flawed candidate, they MUST destroy Trump at all costs. It’s her only hope.

When you have polling agencies changing the parameters, networks refusing to show the protests, obama sticking his nose in, and on and on, that’s the only thing they can do.
        And with the amount of stupid evident in 2012, I fear it will be successful. There will never be another Republican President. 10 million more poorly educated brownskin illegals/refugees with no intent to assimilate given voting ‘rights’ by democrats should just about do it.

• georgiafl says:

During the primary, the same ones followed which every candidate was on top and used Alinsky tactics….same vocabulary, etc. Exactly the same cr4p in 2012 from the Romney-bots.

• Lanceman says:

We had precisely 3 over at HotAir in those days. But they were regulars. I miss the days of registration periods. Oh, we had our trolls, but most went over the top in short order and were subsequently banned. We kept a few that knew not to push it.

• jackphatz says:

What I’ve come to like about Discus is the ability to “block” people now. Yes, I know…but I only use it to filter out those who have been outed as trolls (and a few seriously crazy ones).

• ZZZ says:

same in intent but waaayyyy better paid…

• Lucille says:

Yahoo threads are trying diligently to take over Yahoo…an entity already in the tank for Hillary. Sometimes I’m respectful there and sometimes not in my replies.

Also, I’d like to make an apology to anyone to whom I’ve written unkindly recently. Sometimes I can get a bit too adamant about topic. So, sorry if I’ve offended anyone. “A soft answer turneth away wrath.”

8. inquirer_2point0 says:

Amen!

9. InfidelDefiler says:

What about people constantly linking the OP to their blog, saying ‘Blogged’, then adding a few words of comment all in an attempt to drive traffic to their blog?

• DS says:

I agree — that is really annoying. If someone has their own blog site, they need to just stay there and write their own material…

• Well, that seems ok if they are linking to this site from their blog and not just copying the content. Or are you referring to linking to their own blog from here?

• InfidelDefiler says:

Linking to their own blog from here.
        Copying SD’s hard work to their blog with a hyperlink to their blog then some random comments all as click bait to take advantage of all the commenters here.
        It’s annoying and junks up the comments.

• Ad rem says:

It’s called “blog whoring”, and it’s one of the things that irritates us the most. If someone is observed to be doing it on a regular basis, they’ll be added to the banned list….where all comments go straight to “trash”.

• jackphatz says:

Well now…hold on… Although I knew about CTH, once the Zimmerman/Martin trial was no longer top news I forgot about this place. Had it not been for some other “blogger” linking to here regarding Ms Chambers death, I re-found this place and had no idea to what extent the people here delved into different subjects, not just Zimmerman. So I stayed.

Just saying.

• TheseTruths says:

I don’t think there’s a problem with people linking to this site. The problem is their coming here and making a comment: “Reblogged on blah-blah site.” They are trying to get clicks for their site. It’s annoying.

• Josh says:

“I forgot about this place.”
        THIS ^^ is what I don’t understand, jackphatz!! 😉

• jackphatz says:

And here I was, sitting here looking for something good to read when all of a sudden I landed here again. Then, out of the blue….my bit chslap hand came up and whacked my head and said..BOOKMARK THIS . So I did…the rest is history!

True story!!

• Keln says:

Completely agree. I’ve mentioned my blog a few times here and there, but you have to be respectful about that sort of thing. It’s kind of an unwritten rule in the blogosphere that you shouldn’t be basically using a popular blog to advertise your own. Once in a while to say “hey I wrote this really relevant thing over here” seems ok to me, but the daily links is over the line.

I’ve actually not been writing as much on that old rusty blog of mine lately because I spend so much time here with you guys 😀

10. andymilken says:

Agree w/ everything you said, SD. But does that mean we can’t use the term Islam*** anymore? Khan’s effects?

11. i would kindly request that sundance touch lightly on grammer & punctuation which vastly improves presentation and comprehension.
    pet peeve on posts.. please, when writing of a person use the adjective “who” not “that”. i.e. “a person that votes hillary is not informed” is not correct. s/b “a person who votes for hillary is not informed”… see the difference? “that” makes you look uninformed. “who” makes you look wise.

• Lucille says:

“Who” should be used only when referring to people.
      “That” can be used for referring to people and objects/subjects.

• TheseTruths says:

I hope I’m not coming across as rude, but you don’t see flaws with your own presentation in that post, yet you want to correct others on something as minor as “that” vs. “who” –which does not even interfere with the intended meaning?

I say let’s all give it a rest and give people a break. We can’t edit our posts, so lots of mistakes slip through. (I’m not complaining, just stating fact.) Some very wise and intelligent people are not naturally good spellers, and some do not have the best grasp of grammar and punctuation. But they might be excellent in some field that others are deficient in. And they are patriots.

• ShirleyM49 says:

Using that instead of who incorrectly. I was taught that in elementary school. Adults should know better. Also, looooooong comments are especially annoying. Pay attention to Sundance’s comments.

• Josh says:

I agree with the blacksmith. I don’t mind being corrected in fact, I kind-of appreciate it.

TheseTruths is also correct:
      “Some very wise and intelligent people are not naturally good spellers, and some do not have the best grasp of grammar and punctuation. But they might be excellent in some field that others are deficient in. And they are patriots.”

• nimrodman says:

If you’re expecting proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation, I’m sorry, baby, but that train has sailed (apologies to Austin Powers).

You and I may come from a generation where those were intact but dumbing down in our educational system has resulted in near-illiteracy in written English that began several generations of schoolchildren ago and advanced progressively (no pun intended) to it’s present nadir.

Nothing can be done so I advise “just live with it.”

• Josh says:

Uhhh, nimrodman, it’s its not it’s. 😉

Of course you are correct stating that sad, sad truth. Finding a good employee is very, very hard.

• nimrodman says:

Thanks Josh. I almost always know the difference, so in this instance I guess I’ll plead autocorrect or my grammar mug’s in the dishwasher.

12. Margaret-Ann says:

Do not post huge blocks of text repeated & repeated, lol

I like it when someone posts just a bit about an article, maybe the title and first paragraph to let me know if interested .. then posts the link. 😉

I’m glad these guidelines were posted today. It’s gonna get crazier in the months to come.

13. Mr. Honey says:

Amen Sundance, as usual, I agree with your insight. Keep on rocking the vote! We The People, are with you, in our hearts and prayers. Bless you dear one.

14. BoneHead says:

It WOULD be quite helpful, if your blogsite had a better comment interface. The one you’re using here is lacking, compared to many others which are available.

• Sunshine says:

The ‘edit’ is important and ‘notify me of follow-up comments’ also. I agree.

• Ad rem says:

Sorry….since we are not a “self-hosted” blog, the ‘edit’ function is not presently an option.

• Jimmy Jack says:

I have two questions you may be able to answer.
          1). Is there any way to delete one’s own comments?
          2). Do I need my own wordpress blog to “like” comments? I have not been able to do this so far and would like to be able to.

Thanks.

• Ad rem says:

1. Send us an email requesting what you want deleted. Be sure to give us the name you post under, and the time you posted the comment.
            2. No…..you can “like” comments without owning your own WP blog. The ability to like comments, however, appears to be something several of our commenters have complained about. It more than likely has something to do with how your particular browser interfaces with our blog. Sorry to say, but this is out of our control.

• petszmom says:

sunshine, the follow up comments can be found on the icon that is shaped like a bell up at the right corner. i also get them thru email.

• HolyLoly says:

I do not see an “icon shaped like a bell up at the right corner.” What am I missing? Which “right corner” do you mean?

• petszmom says:

the CTH website opens within the wordpress frame, at least on my computer. there is a black bar at the very top and off to the right there is a pencil within a box symbol, then a round symbol with the shape of a human form, then the far right is a white box with a black bell in it.

• HolyLoly says:

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I am not seeing any of those icons, so it must be my computer. I’m using Windows 10 and Firefox browser, so I’m not sure what you mean about the website opening within the wordpress frame. But that’s okay.

• petszmom says:

i have windows 10 and firefox, too. maybe someone else here can clarify.

• HolyLoly says:

Hmmm…interesting. Maybe something to do with how I’m registered. I know I cannot “like” stuff either.

• petszmom says:

play with it. you should be able to like and reply. the CTH website is shown inside a maroon background and back up to that black bar at the top, off to the LEFT is a W My Site and then a newspaper icon Reader. check settings or go back to your account and poke around.

• Margaret-Ann says:

I am clueless abt WordPress settings, but I’m always signed in and get notified (orange spot) when I have a like or comment to a post. Using this notification, you can like the comments to your posts and read which of your posts are liked — without having to go to that page. I hope you can figure it out and use it. 🙂

• Josh says:

“Maybe something to do with how I’m registered.” This is what I was thinking. I don’t see it either. I’ll poke around, as suggested.

• Margaret-Ann says:

I have a screenshot somewhere, I’ll try to find it.

• Roozter says:

I was having problems “liking” and posting – have to log in every time.
                  That seemes to have stopped since I am using the mobile site more as opposed to the “full-site”. I am using an Android device with Chrome browser.

15. petszmom says:

thanks for the reminder. we forget sometimes.

16. maxx power says:

Too bad Sundance felt the need to post this. I will certainly be more careful in what I post, even though I don’t post large blocks of text. 🙂 We have become friends here, & it’s great to bounce an idea off someone whom you know isn’t trying to trap you or slam you. There is some good judgement here along with some real good resources and expertise that many here have. Real good group here. Mods, if I do something wrong, please let me know & I’ll fix it.

17. glypenblog says:

Thank you Sundance for all your hard work and the best site on the internet.

18. SPMI says:

I read the rules again.

G O D J T R U M P!!!

19. CO Gal says:

Wow. I had no idea there were so many reading this. That’s great. And a big responsibility.

20. petszmom says:

i just had a thought…on old, old threads is it ok to continue conversing about stuff? i notice sometimes, things get said, we have provided all the feeback we can, it’s run its course but some people go off on a tangent about different things. just wondering.

21. daughnworks247 says:

Hmmm, we must be adding to the Treehouse.
    Diligence, diligence, diligence.
    Gotcha.

22. Guyver1 says:

Got it.
    I have the feeling this was mainly aimed at me- I do tend to go deeply into details.
    My apologies. I will try to be more concise in the future.

23. alliwantissometruth says:

Hey Sundance, while I have never been censored or had any posts removed, I do tend to use a small amount of profanity in my writing. While I would never use it in the guttural street sense, I’ve always peppered my political writing, & yes, political conversations, with the occasional profanity

I do so to emphasize certain points, to give them some punch, to express the anger felt

I think you & your moderation team understand my purpose when I use the occasional naughty word, or at least I hope you do. I just hope it’s acceptable, & if not, please let me know & I’ll cease & desist

• Menagerie says:

It is not. First of all, it is not necessary. Second, we have been overrun with people who have no judgement, see a minor profanity, and go further, and the next one goes further yet.

The tone and quality of conversation on this blog has been impacted by a huge number of commenters who have nothing but rudeness, and profanity to offer.

Also, the word that absolutely inflames several of us, and will get you in spam, and seems to be loved by many is c**k. If I see someone use it I trash their comment and never approve them again if they wind up in moderation.

24. teaforall says:

Sundance and Staff,
    We will all be more considerate with our postings. Thank you for all your great Articles, and extensive research. You are our GateKeeper

25. Anonymity Preffered says:

My only comment on CTH, ever, was a warning about voter fraud. I was, and still am, convinced that the Democrats will do their best to steal the vote in November.

I never got to see my comment published.

Guess who’s woken up to the same realization? Why, none other than Donald J. Trump himself. So was I right or what? And how unfair was it that my comment was put in the trash?

I’m just a lurker, not even an American, but I support Trump. I live in the 3rd World. If there’s anyone who can pick up on the signs of impending voter fraud, it’s me — we literally breathe and live it in Africa.

America is a force for Good. A strong America gives the rest of us a better chance of influencing change in our own countries. Please do all you can to stop voter fraud. If there’s no paper trail and voter ID, Trump is simply setting himself, and his supporters, up for disappointment. He’ll have to win by a massive landslide to counter that, but can he??

Praying for the best for Trump/Pence.

• Ad rem says:

I went through our current collection of trash and could find no comment matching your current IP#. (Our trash is recycled approx. every 30 days.) Perhaps your comment was inadvertently sent to Spam and then deleted at the end of the day? I rescue many people every day from our Spam Hellz….just something we have grown accustomed to with the wiles and whims of WordPress.

• Wend says:

Wow-Thank you so much!

• Josh says:

“If there’s no paper trail and voter ID…”
      “He’ll have to win by a massive landslide to counter that, but can he??”

Good post, Anonymity Preffered. Your concerns are the concerns of many. I think he can win by a landslide because a vote for Mr. Trump is also a vote against:

the Criminal Clintons and all the other criminals in our politics
      globalism
      Common Core
      the Federal Government in our education system
      un-elected bureaucracies making law
      our weakened military
      slavery by enslavement via the welfare system
      et cetera, et cetera, et cetera

I THANK YOU for the good wishes toward our great nation and I send the same wishes back to you and yours. Take care and G-d bless!

26. HolyLoly says:

I was recently fairly devastated by another blog that was similar to the Treehouse in terms of quality discussions in the comment section. It was my first time getting very involved anonymously on an internet blog and I made a lot of good friends there, so it was very painful for me to leave.

For those reasons mainly, I am tiptoeing into the water here in terms of frequent involvement. But I will say, I really enjoy the in-depth reporting and have shared CTH articles on other sites more than once.

Thank you all for your hard work and I will try to be a conscientious commentator.

27. ckainredstateusa says:

RE: paragraphs: The “perfect” Web paragraph has two to three sentences of 20 to 30 words each.

RE: Pronouns: Great suggestion, but such devices make it easier on the ears and eyes. How? You’re not inundated with someone’s name. Mentioning the proper name in each paragraph works.

And when you’ve included lots of people’s names and venture into pronoun land, it can be more useful to mention the proper names.

RE: Your tutorial: Thanks. Much needed everywhere else on the Web.

28. skeinster says:

Thank you, sir. We can all think of sites we’ve given up on, due to their comment sections.
    The uniformly excellent content here goes for the commenters, as well.

29. gary23902003 says:

Very good post, thank you so much SD, and admin. Treeper is a rather noble title, don’t you think? CTH is a good place to be, and I feel we are all better citizens for being here.

30. Rex says:

“When writing ask yourself before you hit “send” does this add value?”

I must plead guilty to this and a few other sins listed above. You are quite correct, SD. It is better (and much more efficient) to read a dozen observations and informed comments than it is to sift through a hundred facebook/chat type posts. Let the reader note I am speaking of my own negligence and not implying that toward anyone else.

I now have a sticky note on the monitor that says, “Is this post necessary?”

P.S. Keep up the good work and many thanks for the good works already done!

31. Trumped says:

Can you pin the daily thread if no breaking news are more important?

32. notamemberofanyorganizedpoliticital says:

If Sundance wants to put us all on guard and make us mind our P’s and Q’s, then Sundance can do this. Remind us every day or so that the Trump Campaign, maybe even Donald J. Trump himself may read TCH.

When I think about that, I get more heebie-jeebies than Hillary thinking about Trump mopping the floor with her.

P.S. It would be great if a thread were intended for research if it started with some wording such as:
    “RESEARCH ALERT!”

33. xyzlatin says:

Thank you so much Sundance, for the reminder of how to post and thank you to the moderators who make the blog so well respected. I love the comments section and follow many links posted there. My theory is that the people who post insightful comments are good “sorters” and they post good links. When I read comments on other websites, as soon as I see abuse of Mr Trump, such as referring to him as “Drumpf” out it goes and I usually don’t go back. If I do, I don’t read the comments. A good comments section draws people back to a blog. I also love when people at a rally tell us what is happening.

34. TheFightingMan says:

My sincere apologies for, perhaps, too many flip comments on political threads. I will ‘be wise and seek for grace hereafter’ as did The Bard’s Caliban in The Tempest. Thank you for the kind reminder of our purpose here. God bless.
    TFM

• Jimmy Jack says:

TheFightingMan said everything in my head way better than I could. I too will watch for flip comments and other infractions. I apologize and appreciate all of the work Sundance and the moderators do.

I believe you are doing God’s work.

35. HeatherMae says:

Kinda new here. I love this site and its thoughtful actual journalism but I don’t get how to be able to like others comments and why I have to write in a name and email for every comment I make, it makes it hard to check for replies and to see if others like.

36. Margaret-Ann says:

I think this post should stay up top all week, perhaps placed at top for a couple of mornings. A lot of people don’t come here every day. 😉
    People still reading, I’m getting notifications, but it’s about to roll off the page. Just a suggestion.

37. George True says:

Sundance, I want to thank you so very much for having a comments section that at least is MODERATED. It goes a long way toward keeping the riff-raff out. BY that I mean the trolls who come to a conservative website for the express purpose of derailing the thread, that is, preventing the meaningful exchange of ideas and information. A hallmark of a great conservative website is where you can frequently learn as much or more from the highly informed and intelligent commenters as from the original article itself.

Trolls, primarily of the leftist sort, art trying to prevent this if at all possible. There are a number of what used to be excellent conservative websites that I do not go to anymore simply because their comments are unmoderated (Discus, for example) and thus the trolls essentially rule. To me it is a YUGE deal when an otherwise great blog has its comment section taken down the rabbit hole by trolls every single day. I see very little evidence of trolls here, and I can only conclude that it is because you do such a great job of moderating. (In addition to the ground-breaking research and original content.) So kudos to you, sir, and keep up the great work!

38. Mike says:

I probably need to be more careful when Cruz supporters show up and do their little gas-lighting routine. After doing nothing but smear and lie about Trump and his supporters for a year now, I have zero tolerance for these creatures, and I get brutal with them.

Easier said than done, sometimes, isn’t it.

39. Thanks for the reminder SD. I’ll be sure to note when I’m being sarcastic or speaking figuratively for the future.