A Subtle Donald Trump Victory Almost Invisible to Everyone…

Last September we shared some researched insight and analysis about the candidacy of Donald Trump and how it was predicatively playing out behind the scenes of a very famous media empire:

Roger Ailestrump with hat

(In Part) […]  As a consequence of the specific forethought, and after deciding it’s better to have an honest enemy, Mr. Trump is now in the position of tearing down the pillars of Roger Ailes creation. And, as evidence of Trumps’ strength therein, Roger Ailes’ responses reflect a reality that Ailes views this ENEMY, unlike any other enemy, because Trump holds Samson-like capabilities. (link)

There are numerous, albeit subtle, recent indications Donald J Trump has won that battle; yet few people even noticed it taking place.  Perhaps we should prepare for a rapidly approaching new reality amid a network in a current state of chrysalis:

Rupert Murdoch

New York […]  The most visible change is that, since June, Murdoch has been attending Ailes’s daily executive meeting held on the second floor of Fox headquarters. The secretive afternoon gathering in Ailes’s conference room is attended by about a half-dozen of the network’s most senior lieutenants. It’s where some of the most sensitive decisions about running the channel are discussed. (link)

Where “sensitive decisions” can be defined through the prism of a very specific history.  Hence, the example of Fox News and “comprehensive immigration reform“.

In essence, if you review carefully the subtle hints from flashes behind the curtain, and attach them to the reality of what you witness on the box, what you will note is a paradigm shift.

Fox broadcast financial success was in large measure created from filling a void – they gave voice to ‘conservative’ perspectives.  But Donald Trump has now moved the political platform askew.

Candidate Donald Trump has not just moved the political platform, he has moved the underlying political fulcrum.   As a consequence the media measuring tools have to be re-calibrated.  The Vulgarian electorate, and with them the measuring bubble, is off balance.

There are profound indications Donald Trump has won the war we previously mentioned.  He has, at the very least, won the most significant battle.  This was accomplished by Trump forcing, through sheer will, seismic shifts in the media landscape.

Much like the battle at Thermopylae, Candidate Donald Trump narrowed the canyon for his opposition.  Through constant and consistent reinforcement, and a growing awakening which he forced upon the electorate, a new media battle space was created.  This one was much narrower than previous, and Trump defined the parameters.

Now Rupert Murdoch has to accept Fox News is no longer as strong or as viable from a position of opposition to Obama-policy, in combination with advocacy for their preferred candidates Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio (along with the political positions they represent).

Candidate Jeb Bush attends Chamber of Commerce dinner with Fox's Rupert Murdoch and Valerie Jarrett (December 2014)

Candidate Jeb Bush attends Chamber of Commerce dinner with Fox’s Rupert Murdoch and Valerie Jarrett (December 2014)

grubering us 2

Despite the constant cheer leading by Murdoch, Bush and Rubio could not gain policy traction on the slippery platform controlled by Donald Trump.

Only brutally honest, vulgarian types, with a principle-centered and natural balance are able to navigate this political dynamic.   Professional politicians who are trained in the fine arts of: fence sitting, straddling and obfuscation, find themselves at a disadvantage when the political positions are no longer ‘straddle-able’.

2016 Presidential Candidates are responding to the positions of Donald Trump on the campaign trail.   Trump moves in one specific and consequential direction; and if they don’t follow him they’ll slip off due to the severity of slope he puts beneath their feet.

Many have already fallen.  Many more are teetering.

These are consequences of Donald Trump focusing on the underlying electoral fulcrum, not the platform surface.  The fulcrum is also the high-point in the bell curve, where the majority of the electorate position their perspectives on a myriad of issues.  Trump owns this battle space, and as a consequence everyone from the candidates to the media moguls are now having to modify their positions.

Seismic. Nothing short of seismic.

Consider:

Quite a remarkable new position when you consider it was only a year ago, when Mr. Wall Street, Rupert Murdoch, considered Jeb Bush as the most favored candidate.

Seeing Jeb fail, Murdoch switched his hopes to Marco Rubio, a promotional position which still holds most currently favored status visibly throughout the network:

[…]  Several other prominent conservatives I’ve spoken with grumble that Murdoch is pushing Fox to be openly hostile to Trump and Ted Cruz at the same time the channel boosts Establishment candidates, most prominently Marco Rubio. “I’ve joked to people that they’ll be doing a segment about kumquats in China and somehow they’ll mention Rubio,” one Cruz ally told me. Another conservative activist pointed out that Fox gave Rubio the first interview opportunity following Obama’s Oval Office address on ISIS last month. Murdoch’s Wall Street Journal, it should also be noted, has been one of the most aggressive Trump and Cruz critics.  (link)

The problem for Murdoch in 2016 is now how to re-navigate the landscape with Donald Trump as an inevitable winner.   Obviously Roger Ailes tried, and tried, to knock back the populist uprising, consistently repositioning the GOPe crew.  However, while it might be less visible now, the sunlight is less than a few Iowa weeks away from exposing the scope of failure.  There is a certain urgency now.

And what to do with Roger’s little princess, Megyn Kelly.  As we shared within Trump’s battle plan back in September:

[…] It’s not about Megyn Kelly per se’. It’s about taking the strongest most valuable part of Ailes organization, the one he has invested the most time, effort, energy and emotion with, and confronting that ‘golden goose’ first.   Ailes would surely never respond the same way if it were a less valuable part of his business. Trump hits em’ where it hurts.  (read more)

Trump did not want that fight.  However, once Ailes little princess began it, and knowing such an attack carried executive approval and transparency, Trump knew what he had to do and wasn’t shy about doing it.

By winning in such a brutally obvious fashion -and by doing so with such public review and sunlight- Donald Trump has made the network’s biggest asset, it’s biggest liability.

How would/could a TV Network deal with a President Donald J Trump, knowing their primary public face is the antagonistic reverse image of Trump’s populism.

Think about it.

And knowing the history, again considering a Trump Presidency with a full-throated Trump-sized mandate, who the heck would take her on board?

Interesting times ahead…..

Interesting times.

[…]  A friend who ran into Ailes in Palm Beach over the holidays remarked that he was using a walker. “He seems detached and removed,” one Fox personality tells me. “He’s not around as much,” says another friend of Ailes. “He doesn’t have as many meetings with talent.”  (link)

Trump rally illinois 4

trump lion

Reference:

This entry was posted in Donald Trump, Election 2016, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

211 Responses to A Subtle Donald Trump Victory Almost Invisible to Everyone…

1. nyflacon says:

Great article about voters that haven’t voted in years coming out for Trump.

2. kathyca says:

Exactly right on! I’ve never seen anything like it, and never thought I would. They are foiled and defeated at every turn. I’m positively giddy over it.

3. hnlbeach says:

Good Riddance to Fox News .. David Gregory ,Daily Beast , Megyn Kelly, Howie Kurtz liberals on Fox News Sunday some of the bozos on Fox now .. while guests bash Trump and Trump supporters .. skip Fox

• fred says:

And at the debate before hand was the little RNC meeting to take trump down strategy and who was there but the once good looking Dana perrino looking hang dog. Pretty much proof the operatives are there not that we needed more with Megan and her metro band of Sirewald and hayes with the Frank Luntz trio and then the astute Kraut and Will and BOR having Glen Beck on to bash Trump for him. Nikki Haley did the man’s job to bash him before. A bunch of wuzzies now. FOX has fallen so low I MIGHT watch CNN once in a while. FOX never they hate me and my candidate of choice so buzz off FOX news. They got away with stacking the audience at the debate too. I’d never go back Donald if I was you…….. Pure evil over there.

• WSB says:

I hate to admit but I now watch Scarborough and the spy’s daughter in the morning, then switch right to Varney. Fox’s morning show used to be good. Now it has a housecoat agenda.

Glad they got rid of the View anchor. Why do we need races in stilleto heels in the morning? Waste of a channel.

• Dixie says:

Looks like we are having the intended affect. Go VULGARIANS ! GO TRUMP !

• WSB says:

I cannot believe they now have David Gregory (I call him the Cheshire Cat) on Fox!!!!!! Bret Baier’s show, nonetheless! Yuk.

Ever since their first debate, Kelly ruined and exposed Fox on air. Prior to, it was rumor. She confirmed it.

• tg159 says:

I haven’t watched Fox since that debate and have NO INTENTION of watching Faux News anytime soon.No matter what the future holds,Mr. Trump,has pulled back the covers and showed everyone how many “conservative” frauds they are.

• optingout says:

I haven’t watched Fox (or t.v. in general) in years – I mean that literally. If David Gregory is who I think he is, he always reminded me of that kid who turned into a donkey on the animated Walt Disney version of Pinocchio. He was called Lampwick – here’s a still.

So he’s on Fox now? It’s just the media’s version of musical chairs – none of them have principles, merely paychecks.

• citizen817 says:

Ditto. In addition to faux pushing their agenda, money motivates. Let’s do our part and take down the ratings.

• MVW says:

Fox has two nails in its coffin, the illegal cell phone tapping crisis in Britain and Saudi ownership. What deal did Murdock make to get his family out of the stockade? And then there is the Bush – Saudi thumb on the scale of fair and balanced.

I stopped watching anything on Fox except Trump interviews.

• Garrison Hall says:

Well, just wait. If/when Trump gains the presidency, which I suspect will happen, you’ll see Fox News and all of its talking headbots, including the comely Ms. Kelly, suddenly become Donald Trump’s very best friend. Nothing personal, it’s just business.

4. don welch says:

trump is the only persona on the landscape who could take down kelly. hasn’t happened yet though and probably won’t. but still……..

5. don welch says:

trump could take down kelly but i doubt it will happen. interesting to think about that however.

6. auscitizenmom says:

😀

7. NewOrleans says:

Those recent tweets from Rupert Murdoch are interesting, indeed!

Thank you, Sundance, for monitoring that stuff, so those of us with weak stomachs and low tolerance for bullshit don’t have to!

8. My mom said she turned on Faux for a minute this afternoon and George Will and some other doofuses were saying Trump would definitely not be the Rep nominee-she said they were starting to get hot on Chris Christie–maybe Rog. Ailes wants another Jabba the Hut to succeed. I wish I could make their kind of money to sit and talk such ridiculous drivel.

9. irvingtwosmokes says:

Donald has set off Ivy Mike right in the middle of the political, media world.

10. Nation says:

I was turned off when Greg Gutfeld called me a RINO for supporting Trump back in July. I completely stopped watching Fox News after the Megyn Kelly shtick. And I use to watch Fox News all the time…

11. lastConservinIllinois? says:

….and all it took was 1 man – 1 non-bought-and-sold man – to set a multi-billion dollar industry on its ear.

Beautiful stuff we are witnessing.

12. zephyrbreeze says:

Donald says he likes to be unpredictable.

“Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

13. Ivehadit says:

Only have local cable now..cut the money flow to channels I do not like or want to fund…like FoxNews. Used to literally watch 24/7 for 17 1/2 years. No more after August 6th, 2015. It is stale and predictable. And so boringly obvious.
    Same with some websites. They have been exposed, I guess. It’s their visceral hatred of Trump that does it. It’s one thing to disagree with a candidate’s positions. It’s another all together to go out of your way to try to take Trump down. Argh!
    Thank goodness for The Treehouse. Go Sundance!

14. margo says:

Amazingly, I tuned in to the Dem debate, just for a refresher course on who thier candidates truly are. I found myself laughing so hard I worried about neighbors hearing me! H is an absolute loser, O’M. not as disgusting as the other two, and B.S. really is what his initials represent in culture. It was frightening to hear any of them elicit audience applause along with groupie-esque moderators. NEVER again!

• marco, thanks for doing it though. I could not bring myself to watch or listen.

• parteagirl says:

I tuned in too. My husband and I can’t shake the image of Larry David playing Bernie Sanders on SNL- he even sounds like him! And Hillary sounds like she’s scolding everyone. CLICK.

• WSB says:

Same. O’M’s ears attempting to find a satellite station? Sorry, not kind of me but he speaks as though you are watching a movie where the audio skips.

Cartoons at a debate? Seriously, Bernie? Notice the upper balconies were vacant, so they were not trying to sell out, I guess.

15. NJF says:

Oh looking forward to delve into this post. I feel like I should grab some popcorn

I just want to drop this in as I found his comments spot on.

Rick Santorum Defends Donald Trump, Knocks Ted Cruz – Breitbart

• margo says:

I cannot read this post on Breitbart due to an ad for a meeting of their followers posted right in front of the Santorum article. I live in the geographic area where this meeting is supposed to happen, so I must be a target they feel compelled to victimize until I sign up, which I now never would. Could you paraphrase it here?

• NJF says:

Here you go. The highlights:

Breitbart News asked Santorum if he believes Trump is sincere on his conservative principles following the recent criticism by Cruz about Trump’s “New York values” shared in a 1999 interview between Trump and Tim Russert.

“Past is prologue and if you look at someone’s past, it’s legit,” Santorum began, but added, “people change and that’s a good thing. I want to encourage everybody to be more conservative.”

“You look at some of the greatest conservatives, many of them changed positions over the years,” Santorum added. He said:

People do change their minds over 15-year period of time. I mean, if it’s something you did last year or the year before, then I’m thinking, ‘Well, maybe you’re conveniently changing your mind for the purposes of running for office.’ I think if you go back 15 years and you’ve seen a progression, I’m not sure that’s legit.

Santorum took a more skeptical line when asked about Cruz.

“You’ve seen a shift,” he said.

“If you’re going out there as he is and saying ‘Trust Ted’ and ‘I am the guy you can trust all the time because I’m not going to waver’ [but] then you have a whole laundry list of wavers and changes, then I think it’s fair game.”

The issues where Cruz has allegedly shifted his position recently include: Free trade, the annual inflow of foreign workers, and ethanol.

Santorum said what bothers him the most “is not that [other candidates] shift, because there’s certain things that happen… but when someone says, ‘No, I never had that position’ and tries to deny what is obvious that they did… I would just say to voters be careful of people who are not being particularly forthright with you.”

Pretty much nails it.

• Rick Santorum Defends Donald Trump, Knocks Ted Cruz – Breitbart

“I went to visit Donald Trump about a year an a half ago in his office when I was in New York and it was about three months after I wrote my book Blue Collar Conservatives,” Santorum explained. “He was holding a copy of my book.”

“He said, ‘I read your book.’ My response was, ‘The hell you read my book,’” Santorum joked. “He said, ‘Yeah, I really did. I read your book.’”

“He read enough that we could have a conversation,” Santorum said.
        GOP presidential candidate former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee also defended Trump in an interview on Saturday against Cruz’s criticism.

Santorum took a more skeptical line when asked about Cruz.
        “You’ve seen a shift,” he said.

“My message doesn’t change depending on what state or what group I’m in front of. I think that’s really one of the most important things to think about,” Santorum said, adding that:

You get all of these candidates that go to New York City or go to Los Angeles and get in front of this group or get in front of that group and they sort of, well lets just say, don’t have the level of enthusiasm and commitment in front of those groups as they do in front of a group that’s more at the base of our party. I’m a believer that if you’re a conservative and you really want to shake things up that means you go in front of every group and shake them up too.

“If you really want to win with something that’s meaningful… and make a difference, then you got to go out and be on almost like a crusade,” Santorum said. “It’s one thing to take on the establishment… when you’re in front of the establishment” and not a group of grassroots conservatives and Tea Party supporters.

Santorum stressed the need for conservatives to select a candidate that has a proven track record of winning.

“If you look at the top and the bottom of the tickets, the higher you are, the less experience you have. And the lower you are, the more experience you have. Experience is actually a negative in this election,” Santorum argued.

Santorum explained that as a former senator, he’s been able to reach out to the “blue collar party” and represent the steel mills in Pennsylvania.

“If we’re going to be successful nationally, then we better start winning states like, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin,” Santorum warned. “It’s who our base is in the future.”

SOURCE ARTICLE: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/17/2799029/

• texasmama6 says:

Good insight by Santorum about shifting political views. I consider some changes to be a sign of humility and intelligence. (The old “If you’re not liberal at 20 you have no heart, but if you’re not conservative at 40 you have no brain” comes to mind.) If one has never seen the need to change an opinion, one is either insufferably arrogant or a shallow non-thinker. We change through gained experience, wisdom, and knowledge.

The trick with politicians is discerning when a shift in position is genuine and when it is a weasel acting from self-interest. His point that a person will be honest about a change in position when it is sincere is a good one, imo.

• jackmcg says:

Santorum is a good guy. Doesn’t have a great personality, and I don’t always agree with him politically, but his head is in the right place. I’m not surprised that he found common ground with Trump.

• TheTorch says:

Agreed and I would not be surprised to see Santorum in a Trump administration in some role. He is a capable guy, and also knows a fake conservative when he sees one – so he has Ted’s card well and truly marked.

16. Bull Durham says:

Bill O’Reilly is still key to Fox. The only man with wisdom. The rest walk the line of corporate. And they began heading for the cliff. Ailes backed off, made up with Donald and he began to appear all over every day. Except Kelly’s narcissistic show.

Trump resurrects the competition at CNN and MSNBC, CNBC, OAN in a split second and Fox knows it.

Murdoch changing his tune certainly is big political news. Ailes did it for ratings (business). He may be pushed away or ill, Murdoch’s criminal son (ran from Britain over the phone tapping thing) will be put into top dog position anyway.

Donald actually owns the media. They take a number, genuflect and get some air time. Most respect him because he gives them access and answers questions. He’s boosted many of those losers’ ratings by multiples.

I don’t know what his Q rating is, but he’s got to be tops in TV.

Communications PhDs will be written about this campaign and Donald Trump. He’s a phenom.

• rashamon says:

You’re right about this being a Ph.D. in journalism/communications/PR, but I think you should add poli sci, international relations and econ to the pot. Trump is a Kahn Academy for election junkies.

Again, you’re right about him owning the media and it’s for the same reason voters are flocking to him. They trust him. They are beginning to realize that, if they treat him fairly, he will give them a good interview and their audience will feel that they’ve learned something new about their country’s potential. Notice that the interviewers’ nasty dispositions are mellowing; they don’t want to be on the wrong side when he wins. After all the years of being jerked around by the present administration, it has taken a fair amount of time to adjust to and trust the new Sheriff in town.

I’m glad all of you watched the Dems and reported to us. I still can’t stomach them.

17. R-C says:

Another tour de force by Sundance!

I wouldn’t add a single thing to SD’s exposition above, but all that talk about “policy traction” and “platform” made my ‘little gray cells’ percolate. Let’s see if I can make sense of the thoughts swirling in my mind, and place them to the keyboard with clarity:

The various other cardboard cut-out candidates have surely been destabilized by Trump’s game plan. No doubt. I think it’s delicious that the media has also been knocked off its game. For decades, the television media have strutted around, absolutely certain that they were the king-makers (much to the chagrin of the NYT and WaPo). The TV media believed–and largely were–the setters of the narrative; the gate-keepers to high office. No so any longer.

Nowadays, Trump breezes through interviews with all the ‘network heavyweights’, batting them about like a cat ‘toys’ with a mouse. The once-arrogant–supremely arrogant–media talking heads treat Trump with deference. He intimidates them–and no other candidate even comes close to that reality. This phenomenon is ENTIRELY new.

The thing about Trump’s mastery of the political realm–his shifting of the fulcrum (kudos on the perfect term, SD!) is that Trump is, above all else, genuine. He isn’t ‘staking out policy positions’ and building a ‘narrative’ to fill in the blanks out of the blue, having ‘suddenly discovered’ his policy preference. And unlike Cruz & Rubio, he didn’t manufacture his back-story just prior to the campaign. This is Trump, simply being Trump; Trump squaring his shoulders and throwing his considerable heft into the ring exactly as he’s always been. No buffing up the ‘image’; no ‘focus groups’ to preen the message. This man Trump lives his life entirely without pretense; there is no ‘facade’.

So what IS Trump’s ‘game plan’? “Let Trump, be Trump.”

We’re living in uncommon times, my fellow warriors. Let’s not forget to take stock of that; we are seeing the first completely genuine person run for the presidency in many a year–perhaps (and I might be going a little too far here) since George Washington. He may very well may be that formidable.

• carole says:

I don’t think you’re going too far in going back to George Washington! Last week, I had a sudden great urge to read some bios of our first president and wondered why I cared so much — heard the stories of him but never read an actual bio. But now I know: Like Trump, Washington was an American patriot who became president for the good of the country — not for himself.

• lumoc1 says:

You are right in putting Trump at that level and, as the losers recognize that fact they will use it to explain their loss, rather than blaming their poor performance on their own incompetence and/or stupidity, succeeding in proving one more time that their loss was inevitable and well deserved.

• redsequin4 says:

It’s easy for Trump because he’s so truthful. Nothing fancy, just the facts. And people flock to him like a dying man in the desert seeking water. We know and feel his genuine love and passion for our great country, who in his/our opinion is being run by “stupid people”. It’s so simple when he talks to us like we have common sense.

• tempo150101 says:

What can they do? They are swimming upstream. They’re all pro-amnesty except for Trump and the people don’t want amnesty!!!

• singtune says:

R-C Excellent~! & i might add, that last Paragraph, is NOT a “Reach” at all.

• redlegleader68 says:

T.H.I.S.

18. Millwright says:

I was an avowed “populist” before the TEA organization blossomed. And, as I recall, Ms. Palin was wowing crowds with her rhetoric (certainly not her voice), until the RNC “kingmakers” curtailed her speech because, IMO, she was a bigger draw than “their choice”, McCaine. Now DT is bigger draw, by several orders of magnitude, than Ms. Palin infusing new life and power into the populist movement. But I remain concerned about the GOP convention. With so much money, and more importantly, power on the table “citizens’ votes don’t count ” is, IMO, pretty much the order of march for the RNC. The consequences of their actions could be catastrophic.

• lastConservinIllinois? says:

First things first millwright.
      We need to make this overwhelming.

Trump is putting his ass on the line,
      Sundance is providing sunlight and structure,

The rest is up to us.

• budmc says:

“We need to make this overwhelming.”

This is key.

• Trumped says:

They wont be able to do anything if we show up everywhere in masses and hand him a huge leverage.(delegates)

The goal for us individually is to get the people who might not go to vote for minor reasons to show up and motivate them.

Call them prior to the deadline for the registration if necessary: http://www.diamondandsilkinc.com/deadline-to-switch-/register
          Call them a week prior for a reminder.
          Call them a day prior and vow to pick them up if necessary.

Many people dont go to vote because of bad weather or needing more sleep or whatever cause they arent as much into it like the avid supporter like us at the Treehouse.
          Its perfectly fine to push these people a bit in calling their pride or motivating them with a nice Trump video.
          You can imagine to what percentage decreases or increases this can lead..

• Here, here, LastConserv! We cannot sit back and expect Donald Trump to save nation and our butts as we sit on them! We have a duty and responsibility to make it happen, too.!

19. RINOKiller says:

If it wasn’t for the other two news channels, FOX News may be sliding in the ratings behind such channels like The Food Network and Animal Planet.

20. rsmith1776 says:

What’s ailin’ Ailes?

21. Be'ElzAE says:

For me, Trump’s master stroke was completely changing the dynamics of political thought as it relates to campaigns. Trump has made this an issue based election. While the ther side is using the old staid ideological model based election-conservatism. Trump being issue based is unconstrained by hierarchy, by precedence, by slow approving party apparati. Trump can parce issues on a whim, sculpt his message to his audience. The only constraint Trump has s his larious vision: Make America Great Again. People understand issues. They are tired of all the political baggage of being labeled, tied to the past and to issues that ever get resolved because the ideology of Liberal and Conservatism offer their own same answers and responses. Trump addressing issues breaks away from this. Issues allow Trump to speak to people individually. Which is why you hear so many people say, he says what I think! The Elite can never control the answers and that is what removes them from the equation. Trumps meandering is not that at all, it is someone who as his hand on the heart of the audience and issues allow this symbiotic relationship to grow. This is why people trust Trump, he’s touched them like no other politician ever has.

22. Raffaella says:

What I do not understand is why Cruz is going so hard at Trump now. He is destroying any chance he might have had for a position in Trump administration. Unless….he is delusional enough to think he can win?

23. RoninInCA says:

Fox has become the Barns & Noble Network.. Even the Camera guy has a book out.. It really sucks because they had a good thing going in the beginning.. Anyone remember when Drudge used to have a show? I will catch 15 Minutes here or there of them.. Always good to keep tabs on the enemy.. Trump really helped all of to see these people for who they are.. There are a few good folks left there not many though.. They are doing the same thing on FBN.. Slowly moving people out..

24. Just saw this: LOU DOBBS RETWEETED SUNDANCE’S POST about Glenn Beck!

25. lecombatblog says:

Fox and their henchmen & women picked a fight with the wrong guy. Trump did what needed to be done.

Andrew Breitbart knew the media needed to be defeated; minimized in their influence. Trump has achieved that tenfold.

26. feralcatsblog says:

???? Tues. in Ames, Iowa, at 5:00p.m. local time. Big announcement. ????

27. notamemberofanyorganizedpolicital says:

Sums it up about the media and the rest.

• Tampa2 says:

Wow! A thousand likes!

• Bull Durham says:

Hedges has been a moral voice for many years. Marginalized truth-seeker.
      Understood the Tyranny had no ideology and used Left and Right to control everyone.

• GiGizMe says:

Chris Hedges is a revolutionary and I have agreed with him in the past on some issues, but not with his opinion on Trump.

• GiGizMe says:

The Pathology of the Super Rich with Chris Hedges & Paul Jay

• LawrencePaul says:

Chris Hedges is a left wing nut who thinks that a huge socialist government is the answer to the crony capitalist system. It is not, it just brings a different type of misery whereby all of the people are poor instead of just some of them. The answer to the corruption of crony capitalism is free market capitalism which has not existed in the west since the growth of the welfare state. Corporate and social welfare can only succeed if the debt that it generates can be managed with low interest rates and constant economic growth.
        The west has exported it’s growth to places like China and Mexico in the form of jobs.
        The western welfare states can no longer grow at a rate where it can pay down it’s debt and or even pay the interest on that debt at normal rates and it’s citizens can no longer afford the lifestyle that the pre welfare state aloud them. Politicians, corporations and the banks have destroyed capitalism in the west and we are about to see just how deep the hole that they have dug for us is.
        My hope is that Donald Trump can rip up all of Americas trade deals and bring back manufacturing. If not we are doomed to stagnation for as far as the eye can see.

28. Just a question to SD! What’s your opinion on the upcoming debate which will be moderated by megyn kelly along with Wallace and beir? Any predictions? Ft rump boy it ??

29. You know that Fox News completely misjudged and miscalculated their importance and power. They were drunk on their mega-ratings and convinced they dictated the agenda. That first debate and the disgusting shots taken at Donald Trump demonstrated just how far up their own petoots they’d crawled. They forgot or have never known their power was derived from their loyal viewers. There’s an important component to Fox News viewers; WE WEREN’T MIND-NUMBED FOLKS TUNING IN TO BE TOLD WHAT TO THINK. We are intelligent, educated professionals and common sense-laden Middle Class Americans who understand the world around us and our roles in it. We have already formed our own deeply-held Conservative principles, Fox News didn’t put those beliefs there.

Their stratospheric ratings have to have tanked since that debate. We were all shocked at the absolute enmity and malice revealed by Megan Kelly, Bret Baier and Chris Wallace. Their disrespect was palpable; you could actually feel it come through your TV screen. Shock quickly turned to anger and we became enraged!

We’ve been watching, enjoying and cheering these “news” professionals for years! Yet, there they were acting like Dan Rather, Sam Donaldson and Helen Thomas. It was definitely a wake up call and a WTF eye-opener. How could Fox News not KNOW something so important, so fundamental about their success? It’s mind-boggling, really.

I wonder if Megan Kelly will ever understand and concede how badly she damaged her reputation, her career and her network. The same goes for Bret Baier and Chris Wallace. They were so full of themselves, the soaring ego trip the three of them were on…. talk about shooting yourselves in the feet!

I don’t see Fox News recovering from these monumental, bone-headed decisions. For a week or so after the debate, they were all basking in the glow of their record-smashing ratings. But, eventually they paused for reflection and realized they’d completed screwed the pooch. I don’t watch any of their programs with the same trust and I don’t watch nearly as much as I used to. So now Rupert Murdoch realizes the error of their ways, and is tweeting compliments about Trump. Too little, way too late!

30. Tampa2 says:

FairestWitness… Nail on the head! I was 100% Fox until Megyn let the cat out of the bag that she was going to take “someone down” at the 1st debate. Her arrogance was stunningly narcissistic. I can’t stand the thought of her any more, when at once, I was so proud of her for h
    er escalation to the top tier. She’s like fingernails on the chalkboard now. What a waste!

• jackphatz says:

She’s a Feminist, but not a very good one. Feminism means specific things today: fat, ugly and Gay. She didn’t get that memo apparently. Feminism is not well received today my men nor women. Only a big fat apology on air to not only to Trump but men in general might reverse her negatives.

FOX had it made, thought they had the news business locked up (they did) until Megyn thought wrong. Ailes is in a really tough spot with watching all his #1’s fall from grace. They blew it, now they are no better then CNN and we’ve stopped watching.

31. manoagirl says:

Here’s my Megyn story if anyone is still awake and interested. It was Dubya’s 2nd inauguration, a freezing cold day in DC. Everyone was sensibly bundled up, but there she was out on the street giving her commentary with her blonde curls fluttering in the icy wind. The guy in the studio called her out, asking where was her hat. She giggled and said “Oh, I forgot it.” Sure you did, darlin’… Never forgot that silly moment and now doesn’t it explain a lot…

32. Juan says:

As long as Fox News dominates the ratings, they are winning. No matter how much anyone despises the “talent” they are secure as long as their ratings hold up. To attack them to Fox is a waste of time .. their ratings must suffer for them to fail.

It’s better to attack the regular “contributors” that spew the GOPe nonsense. I go after many like George Will, Stephen Hayes, Dana Perino & Bernie Goldberg. That way, the “talent” may become nervous about losing viewers. They care more about their ratings than promoting an agenda. Twitter works well for this as it goes both to the host, contributor & FNC.

Now go sic ’em.

33. MVW says:

Want to buy a democracy? Buy the media. Socialists know it, the Saudi’s know it, it is actually common knowledge. That is why the Uniparty needs to destroy the internet freedom.

34. kenmar1965 says:

There are going to be many, many books written about this election (and the Trump presidency) when this is over.

35. KH says:

Donald Trump has made the network’s biggest asset, it’s biggest liability.

Not if Rupert intends for Hillary to win.
    Her ratings (and fox’s in general) are still solid\leading by far if not up slightly, so till Trump is actually Potus she’s not a liability, sure plenty of tuned her or the entire network out, but the data say not enough to actually hurt the bottom-line. Their talking heads are losing credibility fast though, that’s where actually you’ve seen more movement toward avoiding trump attacks, the smarter ones are now starting to hedge a bit, even though you know deep down they can’t stand Trump, the intractable ones are just embarrassing themselves into even further irrelevance.

36. Searkreb says:

Haven’t watched fox in years. Actually don’t watch and news tv. Quit glenn beck years ago also, wasn’t really sure why at the time. I seem to have a pretty good radar

37. seventhndr says:

I think this fits the narrative of the blog post:

38. Please take this poll and RT if you can:

POLL: http://www.gopnominee2016.com/

Ted Cruz busted on secret tape admitting his core positions are fake! http://www.politicususa.com
    Ted (real name Rafael) Cruz was born and bred in Canada. His mother, although born in Delaware, was also registered on the Canadian Voter Register roll (don’t you find this odd?). Law and Constitutional scholars indicate that Ted Cruz cannot run for the President of the USA. Our thoughts are this:

A Saudi Prince visit USA. Prince marry USA girl (USA Citizen). Babe born in Saudi Arabia. 35 years later the newborn Saudi Prince comes back to USA and run for President of the USA. What is the difference between Ted Cruz and this Saudi Prince or any other Radical religion group who wants to undermine the USA?

39. I think it deserves mention in this thread that Fox News and others have become much less important due to Trump’s ability to circumvent them via social media. I saw a discussion of it recently using a word I was unfamiliar with (probably here since it’s where I spend most of my time) – dis·in·ter·me·di·a·tion, In economics, disintermediation is the removal of intermediaries in a supply chain, or “cutting out the middlemen” in connection with a transaction or a series of transactions. -Wikipedia
    FoxNews can no longer parse or slant what Trump says. We have it the same time they do. The MSM is far less important than they used to be. Lots of millennials have no cable, but they sure have social media and Trump’s followers there are the equivalent of a poll, probably more accurate than landline telephone responses.

40. Robert What? says:

Assuming that Trump comes through the first handful of primaries with a strong showing, I suspect that at some point Ailes and Murdoch are going to accept their defeat and try to cozy up to Trump. Hopefully he accepts nothing from them unless it is completely on his terms. I’m sure one of the reasons they hate Trump is because he is not begging for their money.

41. Regina says:

I just realized how Kelly has altered her appearance since the debate – gone is the slu_ty black-and-white covergirl we saw a few months ago – now she seems to be trying to emulate Mika.

She’s lost her bimbo hair, she wears high collars, low heels – she really stands out on Fox aside all the leggy broads in stiletto pumps. A stunning change – a hopeless effort to be taken seriously.