One of the Atlanta Public School officials who was convicted in the largest national school cheating scandal in U.S. history – appeared before a Judge today:

040215 APS verdicts kdj08(Via AJS) Convicted APS educator Donald Bullock, a former test coordinator with the school system, asked the judge to show leniency and not sentence him to jail time.

Bullock – who was the second convicted APS educator to address Judge Jerry Baxter at Monday’s sentencing hearing — asked if he could instead provide community service and be placed on probation.

“I’m appealing to the compassionate side of you,” Bullock said. “I know you’re a man of compassion.”  “I ask you to grant leniency to me… My livelihood is gone.” (link)

178 Atlanta Public School Teachers/Educators Cheated

178 educators and administrators named in the governor’s investigative report of teachers changing answers on the Criterion-Referenced Competency Test. Thirty-five were eventually indicted. Eighty-three were named unindicted co-conspirators and will not be punished. Sixty of those were given immunity. Ten of them testified.

atlanta teachers and admins

(Full Story)

This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Common Core, Conspiracy ?, Education, media bias, Police action, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to Follow-Up: Cheating Atlanta School Official Asks Judge For “Leniency” After Conviction on Racketeering Charges…

1. Socrates says:

I am sure the judge will agree to community service,lest he be labelled a Racist

2. zephyrbreeze says:

For sure this is the tip of the iceberg, and because it’s probable that this goes on all over the country. Why wouldn’t it?

Meanwhile, public charter school head Eva Moskowitz, was blasted because her publicly funded charter schools took 7 out of the top 10 rankings for highest test scores in New York City. That’s who leftists think should be punished. How dare she! DeBlasio is trying to shut her 50+ schools down, of course.

3. francesmuldoon says:

The damage they have done to the kids should mandate that they do some time. Not that the kids would have been geniuses anyway, but surely their education took a step backward with this cheating. At least give these people several months at the county jail so they have time to reflect on the harm they have caused.

4. Sharon says:

My livelihood is gone.

Iz consequences, Donald. Dint yo mama ever tell you ’bout consequences?

• Not to mention that his livelihood was based on fraud.

• Judgy says:

Did he find another “livelihood” moonlighting as a waiter, and was he then unexpectedly hauled into court before his shift was over? Or did some misguided lawyer advise him that tuxedos lend an air of class, and thus maybe innocence?

What kind of LIVELIHOOD does he think the uneducated students are going to end up with, thanks largely to him & his dishonest buddies?

Throw the book at him! Sounds like he could stand to read one!

(Even though his students probably can’t). So damn sad!

• ctdar says:

Livelihood of a fraudster.

5. ZurichMike says:

Racketeering laws are raaaaaacccissssssss.

6. Les says:

That guy was the testing coordinator, the head testing guy that is to train all the people who administer the tests. He should NOT be given leniency, he should be made an example of and suffer the greatest consequence. He is the one who signs the paper saying nobody cheated.

Anybody who has ever sat through one of those meetings KNOWS they threaten you with your livelihood about a hundred times. No apology to the students, just wants mercy for himself.

Don’t black kids’ lives matter?

7. czarowniczy says:

If you live in a major city the crooked school staff at all levels isn’t anything new. First one that comes to mind is the Dade school super who ordered some $9000 in luxury plumbing fixtures, including gold plumbing fixtures, for his house and paid for them with school funds.
    In New Orleans we spent decades watching millions being poured into schools that vied for ‘worst in the nation’, where students had to bring in TP and cleaning supplies, where roofs leaked, where bathrooms didn’t work, where aluminum can drives were help to by room air conditioners, where there weren’t books and daily lessons were photocopied and handed out – there’s more but you get the idea. It wasn’t until after Katrina when the politicians’ abilities to hide the obvious truth faltered and courts started sending school officials to jail that some light came through the clouds.
    Schools are the perfect place for crooked political cartels to steal freely. They wave the kids in front of you, stealthily hide the theft as they dissemble about why the kids are failing and where the money’s really going. I say send ’em to jail where they may well run into ex-students who are the issue of their theft, then let’s see if the educators can spell p-r-i-s-o-n b-i-t…..

• dginga says:

Actually in interviews following the convictions, blacks from the school areas involved made comments to the effect that these teachers would end up in prison with their former students. One person commented that might be dangerous for the teachers.

8. booger71 says:

A whole bunch of dint do nuffins

9. justfactsplz says:

He should have thought about his livelihood before he decided to become immoral and break the law. He should get no leniency. He needs to learn that it’s not all about him. He isn’t fit to work with students.

10. Roy says:

“My livelihood is gone.”

Who took it away? Why, you did! #BlackBehaviorMatters

Whether a thug like Trayvon Martin or Michael Brown, or an educator like Donald Bullock, it does not matter. They share the same disconnect between their behavior and consequences.

Let’s see just how much those black kids lives matter to the judge, because they sure aren’t worth anything to this group of opportunists.

11. benzy says:

Apparently.. Black lives matter, but #BlackBrainsDon’t

12. moehamhead says:

why not he will get to see all his friends

13. ensitue says:

He’s behaving exactly like Obama has for decades and like Obama he expects to walk and get his job back

14. Brett says:

Those that did not receive a penalty will continue to lie, cheat, and steal. They all need to go down hard. I work in education, and am constantly threatened with harsh penalties if standardized tests are plagiarized.

“Thirty-five were eventually indicted. Eighty-three were named unindicted co-conspirators and will not be punished (guilty!). Sixty of those were given immunity (why?). Ten of them testified.”

White privilege? I think not…

• Monroe says:

Wonder why the Black community struggles for success. Did the extra federal and state funds ever go to funding actual education? Blacks struggling to get jobs bc they cant read or write. This is black folk keeping black folk on the plantation while profiting.

Dont blame white folk for your failure. What race are all those involved?

15. Monroe says:

Some of the school districts were faced with losing certification. If that happened then students will have problems being accepted into state colleges. Keep successful blacks down and protect/reward criminal behavior. Sadly this is created and perpetuated by the black community funded on the backs of white citizens. Even Al Sharpton gets away with tax evasion. I dont recall Martha Stewarts crime but it has to be on par with Al’s.

16. taqiyyologist says:

Can a crack dealer use that plea? “But now I can’t make money! Be lenient!”

I repeat, there are not enough black people in prison, let alone too many.

And yet at the same time, there are too many black people in prison, for the simple fact that there are too many black people behaving in such ways as to get them thrown in prison.

• taqiyyologist says:

RIGHT NOW, I wish there were more blacks incarcerated.

SOMEDAY, I hope that they stop acting like fools, and don’t need to be incarcerated.

That day isn’t today.

17. Monroe says:

Where are the BLM protesters? How many children were harmed?

Oh…black on black crime is okay.

18. Guilty says:

Maybe this is a little off the point… my husband is losing his job as a teacher. His unethical principal constantly pressures the teachers (not officially – it’s understood) to raise the students’ failing grades to just above passing, because he thinks that will motivate them to do better. The students have little interest in school and never any consequences for bad behavior. My husband won’t play along and pass them all, so he is being let go for made up reasons – but pressured to resign instead, so the principal won’t have to do any paperwork. Oh, and I’m pretty sure the principal can never be fired himself, since he was obviously an affirmative action hire. I am sad, sad, sad for the education system and society. I’ll bet this news story is the tip of the iceberg.

• Josh says:

You’re husband should not resign.

• John Galt says:

I know a white Fulbright Scholarship winning woman who was bought off the faculty of a black law school because she insisted on grading her students fairly: mostly Ds and Fs.

• Guilty says:

He isn’t planning on resigning. It would feel like taking part in the lies, and we are honest people. I say make the man do the paperwork, and put his bogus reasons in writing. Getting a good recommendation letter from a man like that isn’t worth it – if he would even write one, which I have a hard time believing, based on the ethics he normally displays.

• tails6 says:

You might consider speaking with an attorney (teacher advocate type). Documenting everything properly may allow your husband to continue in his field at a different location if he wants to without resigning as if nothing is wrong.
          My sister just went through this. Hope t works out for the you and your husband.

• Les says:

Make them fire him. NEVER resign.

• dginga says:

My SIL spent her whole career teaching in a district that is 96% black. The administrators were determined to purge all of the white teachers, but the union wouldn’t let them. So she and the few white teachers who stuck around were bounced from one school to the next, never got to teach the same grade in the same school two years in a row, and had to work alongside functional illiterates who kept their jobs simply because they were black. We encouraged her to change districts many times, but she said she’d have to go back to the bottom of the pay scale and she wasn’t going to do that.

19. TwoLaine says:

A high school teacher friend of mine that I highly respect, says his state is requiring seniors to know only about 80 words to pass. The bar is SO LOW.

And they want us to give them Free (cough.cough) college after that. Why?

• Phooey says:

Hopey changey stuff, the kind of thing where you ignore the obvious — all the “free” education in the world isn’t going to magically put a new brain in somebody’s head or cause 30 IQ points to fall out of the sky and diffuse into craniums where it’s in critically short supply. If this nonsense ever came to fruition, community colleges would be as ruined as most of the public high schools.

Folks with 80 word vocabularies either don’t want to or have no aptitude for “book learning” and should be diverted away from classrooms by the time they’re 15-16 and trained in a job to actually do something with their lives besides breed & collect social services or sell drugs and shoot up the neighborhood.

• Roy says:

“And they want us to give them Free (cough.cough) college after that. Why?”

Maybe the government will pay a per head fee to the college for accepting them. Kind of like the government pays private prison contractors.

20. Sentenza says:

Is it just me, or does that guy look like a penguin?

21. JB from SoCal says:

John Galt, Guilty, TwoLaine and others above~
    Please call out the States involved, as czarowniczy (TYY!) has done. If you can, not only the states, but Counties, School Districts and actual Schools, including HS, College, Law School, etc., as discretion and privacy allows.
    Then the rest of us can check them out if they affect the areas in which we individually live. As Sundance, DiWataman and other of the righteous here at TCTH have shown/ taught us, we can then check out the weasels who run these bogus programs for ourselves and act accordingly.

I say this, having done so in my own state, which obviously is California. In this case, race was not a factor. In summary, here’s what happened: Total And Complete Victory, however including the heavy price I had to pay personally.

*** MODERATORS: Please delete what follows here if you consider it to be OT, although it involves Education at the College level. Thank you ***

Realizing the whole story may be OT, here’s the BL – the Bottom Line: The high-ranking subject lost his State License to practice his particular profession for 2 years and was forced to resign his position in lieu of being fired, but he escaped jail time. His accomplice at the State Board suffered a similar fate. The Nat’l Board told me it was the biggest scandal in the USA that they had ever encountered, far overshadowing previous situations in NJ and FL. As a result, the Nat’l Examiners Board threw out all the old exams, and sprung a brand new test which saw a significant plunge in those who passed in my state.
    This weasel had run tri-state seminars at $300 a person twice a year where he handed out Xeroxed exam sheets with all the answers. All the xeroxing was done out of his county office by his own people incl. family, who also assisted at the seminars.
    He pulled an all-out Ryan Julison PR stunt when the local newspapers contacted him, but I called the reporter and gave her the true story for the follow-up. It was priceless, as only his employees and accomplices responded with BGI level accusations on this unknown whistle-blower.
    Somehow, my identity was kept anonymous, but over the years his people figured it out (but had no proof) and decided to pressure my College and the School District Board, to no avail. I retired after 24 years, but on my own terms. Not even my family knows what happened, only a few close friends.

• CoffeeBreak says:

God bless you, JB from SoCal.

• JB from SoCal says:

Thank you very much for that, my friend.

In writing this I was abnormally nervous and noticed my hands shaking as I typed this (shortened) version. Two or three times I had to take a break go outside for some fresh air and calm down.

Though I kept smiling and appearing strong on the outside, I was eventually diagnosed with clinical depression from the harassment, constant pressure, threatened lawsuits, etc. Over thirty years now, but with help from whom friends have said “Somebody must be watching out for you,” and medication, I’m still standing.

A heartfelt hanks for taking the time to read and respond, CoffeeBreak. God bless you.

• CoffeeBreak says:

When I read your comment @10:15pm, I knew you had endured a difficult experience. I understand as I have also worn those shoes.

There are others, like us, that have deliberately stepped into the fray with the knowledge that we wouldn’t know peace for years to come and our sanity would be tried. I used to wake up in terror that I would be arrested as I was repeatedly threatened. I developed a “crutch” towards the end. Hoo boy- I didn’t know hair could hurt during DT’s.

So glad you and I are here in these branches! 🙂

• JB from SoCal says:

Much love to and yours. I feel better knowing I’m not alone and just may tell my family some day soon. (oldest of nine + all their kids & grandkids)
            I especially appreciated this part:
            “. . . [we] have deliberately stepped into the fray with the knowledge that we wouldn’t know peace for years to come and our sanity would be tried.”
            Beautifully spoken. Thank you from the heart, CB.

• JB from SoCal says:

TYPO: ” . . .to YOU and yours.”

• Guilty says:

The situation I’m talking about is a Texas middle school, and it doesn’t involve standardized testing. It’s just across the board pressure from the principal to raise failing grades to passing grades, and to play along with a whole set of unwritten rules that aren’t ethical. It baffles me that anyone would truly believe that raising a student’s failing grade to a passing grade would result in any kind of motivation. Quite the opposite – it reinforces the notion of entitlements, victimhood, and lack of consequences. Any idiot can see that. I do fear naming the school district and school right now, since my husband is still employed there for the rest of the year. Once he is out, I will feel like I can say more about it.

• JB from SoCal says:

I sincerely thank you for that, Guilty. Please tell him to hang in there. I’ll be thinking about you and your family, because it always seems to affect everyone involved, especially the whistleblower, sad to say. Bless you and yours.

22. JB from SoCal says:

Thank you, Mods.

23. Worth says:

Maybe I’m looking at this the wrong way… but if they didn’t want to do the jail time, they could have plead with the others before trial. They took a chance by taking it to trial knowing that they would either get a harsher sentence or (as I’m sure they were hoping) they might not be convicted. Now that they are convicted, they want to go back and get a better deal than the original plea offer. It seems like they thought that they would beat the system, and it didn’t work out for them.

24. triper57 says:

Maybe he should be sentenced to jail and while there be required to read the text books in the GA schools. Every week he should be required to pass a test on the book of the week. If he does not pass another week is added to his sentence. Should be easy for him.

25. JohnP says:

UPDATE: Nine of 10 former Atlanta public school educators convicted in a massive cheating scandal were sentenced to prison time Tuesday, with three of them getting seven years for their role in the conspiracy.
    The state had met with the 10 ex-educators to discuss plea deals. Two agreed to them: Donald Bullock, a former testing coordinator, and teacher Pamela Cleveland. Cleveland got one year of home confinement plus five years’ probation, and Bullock got six months of weekends in jail. Both waived their right to appeal amd agreed to apologize to students, parents and the court.
    The prison sentences ranged from one year to seven years, with the harshest punishment going to former administrators Sharon Davis-Williams and Tamara Cotman and former schools executive Michael Pitts.