update-1UPDATE: The moonbattery has metastasized into a supernova of hatred. The intolerant leftists have shut down the mom and pop pizzeria with phone attacks and an on-line onslaught similar to Chick-Fil-A in 2012. Only this time the business is not a corporation it’s a family restaurant without the corporate resources.

A GoFundMe Fundraising Account has been set up to assist the “Memories Pizza” owners offset the damage to their business.

As of this writing it has raised $23,742 in 3 hours – ACCOUNT DETAILS HERE

You might have noticed an absolute apoplectic reaction to an article about an Indiana Pizza Shop, Memories Pizza, which is being sold as the “First business (restaurant) to publically deny service to same sex marriage”.

Check out the screenshot from their story.  Note the “HEADLINE“, and note the “AUTHOR“:

pizza story 4

“Business Wouldn’t Cater A Gay Wedding” ??

Sounds a little weird, no?

…”On Tuesday, the proprietors of Walkerton’s Memories Pizza praised Gov. Mike Pence for protecting religious freedom and said they would choose not to serve their pies at any same-sex weddings”….

(Says Politico as they pick up the story)

I mean who exactly has a Pizza Restaurant cater a wedding?

The answer shows how ridiculous and over-the-top insane the media narrative has become around the issue. (This is legendary Moonbattery in the making, amid the scale of Scott Walker VS Wisconsin Teacher Unions circa 2010)

The story is complete nonsense. The restaurant was never asked to cater, nor did they deny a request to cater, any same-sex anything.

A local reporter walked into the pizza shop and asked their opinion of the controversial Indiana law.

“If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no,” Crystal O’Connor, whose family owns Memories Pizza, told ABC57.

(Says the author of the article)

So curious people wanted to know how this story came about:

pizza story

AND THAT’S HOW THINGS GET STARTED…..

The LEVEL 7 meltdown is a media driven moonbat narrative:

pizza story 2

pizza story 3

Dr_Phil_teen_youtube_beatingmedia

This entry was posted in 1st Amendment, Christian Values, Cultural Marxism, Gay Issues, media bias, Notorious Liars, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, wobbly word alert. Bookmark the permalink.

128 Responses to *UPDATE* – Indiana Pizza Shop Gets Set Up By Local Reporter – Instantaneous National Moonbattery Ensues – *Update* Pizza Joint Forced To Close, GoFundMe In Action…..

1. Chip Bennett says:

Not my screencap:

This is a teacher/coach at a nearby school.

Gotta love the #tolerance crowd.

2. cohibadad says:

They’re in Walkerton, Indiana. I blame Scott Walker.

3. Krazy Kat says:

And so it begins. Now they will be targeted and forced out of business having to answer to various complaints and protests. An example to be made. It’s not enough to accept–you have to agree. It’s not enough to obey Big Brother. You must LOVE Big Brother. Rightthink must be enforced.

4. BertDilbert says:

Hey millions of dollars worth of free advertising. Probably a line of people waiting to eat as we speak.

5. According to Rush on his program today, most of the people complaining about this bill on Twitter aren’t even from Indiana.

Personally, I’m a little tired of the brouhaha. I went from living in Flyover Land to living in the center of the universe thanks to a bill that inspired mass hysteria in people who never even bothered to read the thing or understand how it works. (Can’t let facts get in the way of the narrative!)

I don’t know where Michiana, Indiana is, but I should make a note of who these people are so I can be sure and eat there if I’m ever in the area.

6. John Galt says:

Where’s the gay pizza parlor? Westboro Baptist Church needs some pizza for their next protest.

7. hocuspocus13 says:

This happened to me last summer

It’s a true story

We were walking along the boardwalk and decided to have a cocktail

The first bar we saw was a gay bar

We were going in for a drink didn’t mind it was a gay bar

At the door was a guy who stopped us and told us we could not go in and to leave

We are not kids
    Well dressed
    And were not drinking anywhere prior

We asked why but was told to just leave and we did

We were refused entry into the gay bar and refused service because we were not gay

You know…
    man and woman walking arm in arm

man and woman holding hands

This has not been an isolated incident it has happened to me before where a gay establishment has refused to service heterosexual people ( especially gay bars )

8. cohibadad says:

I’d eat at the place just to make the haters madder. The reviews before the fake reviews sound like they make a decent pizza. I’d eat more chik-fil-a after the uproar too, but I doubt I could. Worked there for a couple years in high school. Great organization. Ate it all the time and never got tired of it.

9. coeurdaleneman says:

Ask your liberal friends and acquaintances whether they would live in someplace like Ferguson’s Canfield Green complex (the answer wll be a unanimous “no,” of course), and why they would discriminate so.

De facto private discrimination is a fact of life, and no government dictates can erase all of it. Not even close. In fact, liberals abandoning majority black or Hispanic neighborhoods has a much larger impact than the denial of gay wedding cakes … or even separate water fountains, truth be told.

10. Ellie says:

Media setting this up as a critical election issue for 2016.

11. John Galt says:

“I mean who exactly has a Pizza Restaurant cater a wedding?”

Obamunists.

12. auscitizenmom says:

This is really STUPID. We are on the verge of being overrun by muslim extremists and probably having a nuclear bomb dropped on us and these people are marching over SEX. They need to get their heads out of their pants and other people’s pants and see what is going on in the world that is so much more important.

And, further, if we are overrun by muslim extremists, this problem for the 1% will disappear because they will be wiped out by the muslims. 😯

13. Krazy Kat says:

AND–AND…they are not keeping a kosher kitchen so observant Jews cannot eat there–or have it at their bar or bat mitzah! These people are worse than Hitler!!!

14. John Galt says:

People can get conscientious objector status and avoid defending the USA on religious grounds, but there’s no shirking pizza duty.

• John Galt says:

“Concord High School girl’s golf coach Jess Dooley”

The taxpayers pick up the tab for a girl’s golf coach at a public school?

15. JohnP says:

Instead of wasting our breath here, we should be going after the ABC 57 and the reporterette Alyssa Marino. This is a clear case of a setup, I wonder how many places Me. Marino called before she found a target?

• JohnP says:

Here it’s easy:
      Contact ABC57
      News Tip Hotline: (574) 344-5557
      General Information: (574) 344-5500
      Fax: (574) 344-5094
      Address: 53550 Generations Drive, South Bend, IN 46635

I let them know I think they are unethical, despicable for setting up the story and I will provide support to Memories Pizza if they choose to litigate.

• Bruce says:

If you think about it, every business in Indiana has probably been called by someone in the media. All they could come up with is one small town pizza shop that was never going to cater any weddings anyway.

16. lepanto says:

Sounds like a set up.

Isn’t it a little weird that someone would ask a pizza parlor to cater a wedding reception?
    Maybe they should just schedule the wedding reception at a time when the Good Humor ice cream truck will be in the neighborhood.

• Bruce says:

Message to any liberals, there’s a Dunkin Donuts in the greater Indianapolis area that won’t cater gay weddings … to find out which one it is, call them all.

Hee hee.

17. QuadGMoto says:

I used to think Genesis’ depiction of the homosexuals in Sodom was over the top. Now it just seems consistent with today’s behavior. 😦

18. LEE JAN says:

Keep all this in mind when you stay home and don’t vote because the candidate is 100% pure enough.

19. John Galt says:

Negotiations continue, but they appear to be just one more Ken doll away from reaching an accord.

20. Hank Rearden says:

Is there a way to find out whether this is legitimate?

• AghastInFL says:

Who is Lawrence Billy Jones III? I would venture a guess based solely upon his photo that he is not nuclear family.
      What is his connection and is this actually funding the O’Connor family and their business? A lot of money has been donated by many instantly recognizable names.

• carterzest says:

Damn:
      Jesa DeVir 1 min ago Aw, this is cute. All of the Republican “Christians” are piling money on a discriminatory company, meanwhile ignoring all of the countless children out there who are suffering and in need of help. Or how about the people out there living on the streets? All this is, is a further push against the LGBT community, so that you can all pretend like you’re “good Christians”. Anyone religious who wants to claim to be such a good f’ing person should be helping the kids and homeless out there who actually NEED the f’ing help… not some stupid business in a little redneck city in IN who wanted to run their mouths about how they’re going to use RFRA the minuet it’s enacted.

Heidi Bean 1 min ago No WAY! You don’t get to be the victim here. You discriminated, and now you’ll feel the economic wrath of your hatred. Please explain to me exactly how your religious freedom is impeded by serving a gay customer. Furthermore, you should have spent $10 dollars and claimed your DOMAIN name, because now that you’ve lost it, you look even more foolish! http://memoriespizza.com/

• carterzest says:

$29,445 of $35k
        Raised by 745 people in 3 hours

WOOT!

• QuadGMoto says:

A) They did not discriminate against anyone. They were asked a question by a reporter. Get your facts straight.

B) Do you also plan on forcing a Muslim to eat pork so you can prove how “tolerant and open” you are?

C) Destroying someone’s livelihood with vulgarity, harassment, and death threats for mere disagreement is somehow okay with you?!? Bigot much?

• Hank Rearden says:

Who are you addressing???

• QuadGMoto says:

carterzest

• QuadGMoto says:

Now that I have full internet speed back and a little time to think…

Why did you ask? Was that something posted at that link? (It doesn’t say anything nearly so hateful now.) I’m wondering if carterzest was quoting someone else, but unclear that he was doing so.

• Mscynlynn says:

LOL! Carterzest was quoting Jesa DeVir and Heidi Bean on a review page.

That was funny.

• QuadGMoto says:

In that case, I should not have been addressing carterzest. But the substance of my comment still applies, just to the bigots who originally wrote that hateful garbage.

carterzest, my apologies to you for thinking you wrote that baloney and responding at you. I was wrong. Could you help me avoid embarrassing myself publicly in the future by making it clear when you’re quoting someone else and who you’re quoting?

• Bruce says:

Last time I checked the small town pizza shop had gotten $122K in donations …. liberal causes never raise money like that because liberals are so ungenerous. The least of liberal’s faults compared to the psychotic hatred, the fascism, the death threats ….. BTW that bile isn’t good for you … why don’t you have some pizza?

21. Aslan's Girl says:

Ace quoted Baseball Crank’s “Seven Stages of Liberal Activism” that I really enjoyed:

“1. It’s a free country, X should not be illegal.
    2. The Constitution prohibits X from being made illegal.
    3. If the Constitution protects a right to X, how can it be immoral? Anyone who disagrees is a bigot.
    4. If X is a Constitutional right, how can we deny it to the poor? Taxpayer money must be given to people to get X.
    5. The Constitution requires that taxpayer money be given to people to get X.
    6. People who refuse to participate in X are criminals.
    7. People who publicly disagree with X are criminals.”

As Ace said, we all know what Step 8 is and certain countries like oh, say, Germany, achieved it.

22. cg says:

Reblogged this on Catholic Glasses.

23. Do they cater weddings? Have they ever catered a wedding?

24. Does Alyssa still kick her dog?

25. Aslan's Girl says:

Awesome tweet:

Yep, we are not allowed to love Who we love!

26. kinthenorthwest says:

I was a member of Angie’s list due to a free offer until this Indiana fiasco.
    Last Monday they send me an email advertising some business or ??
    At that time I told them that i do not support companies that start spouting a political stance. Below is their response.(I added in their article on their stance in the news.

Hi Elaine,
    Thanks for getting back with us.
    I apologize you received unwanted emails from us. I have removed your email address from our future mailings unless they are specifically related to your account status (a default I cannot override on an active membership). Please note that it may take up to a week for this to process completely as some of our lists are populated in advance.
    If you would ever like to change your preferences in the future, sign into http://www.angieslist.com and select “Contact Preferences” under the “Account” drop-down menu.
    I also want to thank you for your e-mail and opportunity to explain. On Saturday, CEO Bill Oesterle announced the company has pulled its proposed campus expansion project on Indianapolis’ Near East Side from City-County Council consideration as a result of the passage of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
    The company is putting the project on hold until it can fully understand the implications of the freedom restoration act on its employees, both current and future.
    Angie’s List has a number of employees who are members of unrepresented groups. The expansion project calls for Angie’s List to make a substantial commitment to hiring. We are concerned that this bill may create an atmosphere where it will be difficult for us to retain and attract talent.
    Angie’s List is not boycotting Indiana. We are proud of our Indiana roots and we love Indianapolis. We need time to understand the full implications of the religious freedom bill on our business and that’s why we have taken the action we did – to give us time to fully assess its impact.
    Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any other questions or concerns.
    Thank you again, Elaine. Have a great day!
    Megan P
    How Angie’s List got involved in the Indiana religious freedom law

• QuadGMoto says:

I was about to save a couple hundred dollars by using one of their deals when I found out about this. So instead, I cancelled my membership. My money is going where my mouth (and true citizenship) is.

I also received their form explanation (from “On Saturday, CEO Bill Oesterle announced…” on). I would like to share my original comment to them, plus my response to this claim.

Original comment:

Reason: Activist position against Indiana’s Religious Freedom Act. Angie’s list has taken actions against a law which A) restates First Amendment protections using well established Supreme Court standards (compelling government interest, minimum possible impact) B) is exactly the same as the Federal Law easily passed in 1993 with full bipartisan support, C) is equal to or tamer than similar laws in 19 other states, and D) makes it illegal to impose “thought police” style destruction of lives over mere disagreements.

Such an action is in direct opposition to the foundational principles of this country. I cannot allow money I spend be used to support such an intolerant, destructive attack against this country.

And here’s my response to the claims they’re sending out to us.

Sorry, but that is a load of baloney.

As I said initially, there is already Federal law that says the exact same thing. Therefore, Indiana’s new law will not change a single thing.

• Rob Crawford says:

“Angie’s List has a number of employees who are members of unrepresented groups. ”

“Unrepresented groups”? What world do they live in? A group that makes up no more than 3% of the population is being turned into the driver of public policy, stomping over the rights of everyone else!

Where I work there are little identity clubs for all the “underrepresented groups”. I’m a single, middle-aged white male — not one group that “represents” me.

• 7delta says:

“Unrepresented groups”

Gay activist don’t want equality. They want special rights. They already have equal rights and that right requires they self-govern. If they can’t control themselves or respect someone else’s right to peacefully disagree, then somebody, specifically the government, will provide control of them and everyone else, only they won’t get to be special in the way they think they deserve.

These dimwits are so emotionally overwrought all the time, they can’t see they’re handing their unalienable rights, lock, stock and barrel, over to a government that, in due time, will turn on them, just because it will have the power to do it. And you know who will go to the mat for them to fight for their real rights…if they can, considering the mess their temper tantrums have created and how it effects the rights of others too? It won’t be the wolves-in-sheep-clothing intolerant progressives. They go whichever way the political winds direct them to get what they want. If they have to squash gays, they’ll squash ’em flatter than a flitter. History, people. There are only so many ways to skin a cat and it repeats over and over.

These people, activists and supporters alike, literally have the maturity of a tired 2 year old pitching a tantrum because they want a cookie…now! I’m pretty tired myself of people who can’t tell the difference between disagreement and hate. Stop it! before I have to stand between the Gestapo and the gaystapo. I might get confused about who I’m supposed to aim at, being as I’m just stupid conservative believer in the Constitution and everyone’s equal rights. Real rights, not the intolerant made-up ones.

Seriously, I’m worn out with the whiners who have nothing to whine about except the mess they’ve created themselves. Fortunately, I have self-control.

27. Plain Jane says:

The family received so many death threats that they closed shop today and according to neighbors said the family packed a U-Haul and left. According to the Joe Walsh show, no one knows where they went.

Maybe they moved to Galt’s Gulch. I’d love to.

• It is beyond frightening to hear that. All of this came about because a reporter with an agenda went out looking to cause trouble.

This should be treated as the moral equivalent of yelling “Fire” in a crowded theater and the reporter should be treated accordingly. I hate to say that but if you are going to ruin businesses and endanger lives there needs to be repercussions for that.

• Plain Jane says:

Absolutely Rhea.
        Former IL Congressman Joe Walsh sent someone out to investigate the situation and reported live on Joe’s radio program. This is beyond sad.

• QuadGMoto says:

A Very Hearty A-MEN!

• Jeff says:

Isn’t that what the progressives have been doing for the last 6 1/2 years?

• georgiafl says:

“… if you are going to ruin businesses and endanger lives there needs to be repercussions for that.”

The @#$%^&*! Obama administration has done just that from day one in 2009.

Remember Gibson Guitar Company?

• georgiafl says:

Obama, Inc. have used every agency of government as their private leg-breakers and propaganda tools since day one.

This is the most despicable crowd of people since Joe Stalin. They are even making mewling admiration noises toward the North Koreans…that’s how corrupt they are.

• CCG says:

How terribly sad that during this Holy Week, we see Christians being persecuted for their beliefs. And the despicable group causing this family to shut it’s business is shouting victory.

• Alan says:

They reopened yesterday.

28. doodahdaze says:

The gay cake, and crazy pilot stories are just too much. I do not give a hoot about either one. I am more concerned about nuke war in the ME and total corruption in the DOJ.

29. kinthenorthwest says:

This is going around FB

30. doodahdaze says:

They should serve Fly Pizza. When I was a kid I had a job in a Pizza joint. If a customer gave them trouble the word went back for a Fly Pizza. This is crazy. the leftists are agitating to the max. If they don’t want the job I don’t see how they can be forced to take it.

31. BobNoxious says:

This is so infuriating. Sadly, until the Right has a multi billionaire willing to part w/ $25m/year to fund agitators that can go combat this junk it’s hopeless. The Right can cannot compete w/ all 3 big networks, all major newspapers, unions and Soros’ crew.

It’s nice to see $30,000 raised for these folks but that’s nothing in the long run. We are in a world of trouble folks. I hate to be a defeatist but I don’t see how we can compete.

32. carterzest says:

$36,460 of $35k
    Raised by 963 people in 5 hours

33. michellc says:

You will be destroyed if you don’t deny your God. They could fit right in with Islam if it wasn’t for the little fact they’d be without a head.

34. BobNoxious says:

The more I think about this LGBT mafia and the Twitter outrage mob, the more it reminds me of a movie I had to watch in a HS class (it was extremely dated then, so it’ll be worse now) called “The Wave”…. For those who have seen it, please let me know what you think.

And if you haven’t seen it, check it out:

I see a lot of similarities….

35. Lucille says:

A history lesson for lefty/progressive/liberals/Dem bigots:

“Video: A bunch of crazy bigots speak out for religious liberty”
    POSTED AT 10:01 PM ON APRIL 1, 2015 BY MARY KATHARINE HAM

36. Truthfilter says:

The GoFundMe Account is at well over $50,000 now. That’s amazing. Just reading the hateful comments on the account page inspired me to donate, too.

37. JohnP says:

When Death Threats become “Market Forces”

….for daring to be honest and because Alyssa Marino and ABC 57 played up the “no gay wedding” and waited till the very end of their story to point out Memories Pizza would gladly serve gay customers, the pizza restaurant came under attack. It’s computer system was hacked, its employees received death threats, and gay rights supporters called for the business to be burned to the ground.

Time to call ABC57 and give them a piece of my mind again. Maybe I’ll ask them what business they are going to close next.

38. JohnP says:

FYI – ABC57 is getting slammed with comments on it’s Facebook page.

I’m trying to get a list of their advertisers so I can spread the love. Did I say love? I meant pain.

• JohnP says:

Best comment on the ABC57 Facebook page:

Sky Korito: ALYSSA needs to be boycotted and fired !!!
      Her dirty agenda driven story has destroyed a family and small business based on a HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION SHE ASKED THE OWNER’S TEEN DAUGHTER … NOT THE BUSINESS OWNER BUT THEIR KID !! FAKE JOURNALIST MAKING UP FAKE STORIES !! Shameful !!

I pray she causes as much damage to the business and reputation of ABC57 and to herself that she has to this family that she targeted !
      AMEN !!

Sounds to me like Alyssa Marino has unleashed the Kracken.

39. MacDonald says:

Gofundme account is over 130K. Wow!

That’s probably more than a pizza joint brings in profits.

40. sloth1963 says:

gofundme over 130K. I bet that’s more than the stores annual profits. I hope the donations are legit.

41. lilbirdee'12 says:

Todd Starnes has interviewed the owner of the pizza shop. He is getting slammed big time…the pitchforks are out at this link. Fox is literally having to delete posts as soon as they are made because they are so vile. So sad he and his daughter are being persecuted for their beliefs.

42. georgiafl says:

Stupid Indiana has gutted the bill and backed down to the Gaystapo – gutless Pence.

The owner of a business should be able to operate their business according to their own set of principles – and the customer can decide if they want to trade with that business. That is capitalism (that the left hates).

Somehow, the Soup Nazi came to mind:

• QuadGMoto says:

They haven’t done it yet. Only proposing a bill to gut it.

IMNSHO, the absolute bigotry, vulgarity, and hatred to the point of death threats over this issue is the very reason this law is necessary. They hate that law because it gets in the way of what they are already doing: “Join us or we will destroy you.”

If they pass that “revision”, they will be giving official approval to the destruction of the pizza family’s livelihood. Say hello to open season on Christians.

(Can you tell that such open evil succeeding makes me a little angry?)

• QuadGMoto says:

Oops. I made an HTML tagging error. Here’s the correction:

43. georgiafl says:

$185,798 raised in 20 hours.

44. JohnP says:

Humm….Lots of comments on ABC57’s Facebook page about boycotting the station.

ABC57 is actually WBND (Notre Dame) and is owned by Weigel Broadcasting in Chicago. Now I have someone else to call. Later….

45. carterzest says:

$252,405 of $200k
    Raised by 8,992 people in 23 hours

I don’t remember if I added this here last night, but this is a differing perspective from a Gay Conservative.