Sweet Mother of Hades – This is U.N.R.E.A.L.

During a June 13th 2012 PBS interview with Frontline Jonathan Gruber explains with great and specific detail how the entire construct of ObamaCare came into being.  Full Video and Transcript HERE (while it lasts).

Within the interview he is asked questions about meeting with President Obama.  Gruber discusses meeting with Obama in 2006 as a senator, and then meeting with Obama in the oval office as President when they brainstormed the “Cadillac Tax” and came up with the way to fool people about taxing for healthcare.  There’s no longer a way the White House can try to distance themselves from Gruber.

gruber 2

Here’s an excerpt of the transcript.  The interviewer is PBS producer Michael Kirk:

So were you ever in a room with Obama?

Yes, twice.

Tell me. Take me there.

So the first time was in, I don’t know exactly. You know, if I knew at the time how important it would be, I would have written down the date. It is like late 2006 maybe. It was right before he announced he was running. So maybe it was earlier than that, maybe spring 2006, right before he — when people sort of knew he was thinking about it but he hadn’t announced yet. I went down, basically did a tutorial for him on what we had done in Massachusetts and how it would work and basically thinking about expanding it to the national stage.

Where were you? Where was it?

This was in his Senate offices.

And what was he like then?

He was very interested. It was really just an information session. He was really interested in learning. He clearly was not interested in little incremental things. He wanted to be bold. That was clear. He said, “Look, I want to do big changes.” He was really interested in what we had done in Massachusetts. The evidence wasn’t in yet by the time I was meeting with him, but he was interested in what we had done. …

The next time you see him?

The next time I see him is summer 2009. The big issue there is that he really wants to make sure I’m moving forward on cost control. I think that at this point he sort of knew we had a good plan on coverage, but he was worried on cost control. So we had a meeting in the Oval Office with several experts, including myself, on what can we do to get credible savings on cost control that the Congressional Budget Office would recognize and score as savings in this law.

And that was a meeting — it was very exciting, once again, because the economists in the room all said the number one thing you need to do is you need to take on the tax subsidy to employer-sponsored insurance. We need one minute of background on this. The way employer-sponsored insurance works is, if you get paid in wages, you get taxed. If you get paid in health insurance, you do not. …

Once again, that ultimately became the genesis of what is called the Cadillac tax in the health care bill, which I think is one of the most important and bravest parts of the health care law and doesn’t get nearly enough credit. I mean, this is the first time after years and years of urging — and the entire health policy, there was not one single health expert in America who is setting up a system from scratch, would have this employer subsidy in place. Not one.

So after years and years of us wanting to get rid of this, to finally go after it was just such a huge victory for health policy. And I’m just incredibly proud that he and the others who supported this law were willing to do it. …

Is there a difference in the Obama you see in 2006 and the Obama you see, especially in the summer of 2009? …

You know, I would have thought — in one case I’m sitting in his Senate office; in the other I’m in the Oval Office. One case he is just a senator, and the other he is the president. He is just so relaxing to be around. It was not stressful. It’s just people going by. I was a little nervous. It’s the president, after all. But he’s just kind of interested in what people had to say.

The way these meetings work is everyone gives their little five-minute spiel, and then he would make a comment or two, and they would go around, and then we would have a discussion.

And he had a couple of remarks after everybody’s, and he was clearly interested, and he was clearly thinking about it. But once again, it felt sort of like an academic meeting, not academic in the pejorative sense, academic like in the academy. It was just a fun, intellectual conversation. …

If you really want to see publicly how Obama works, then the key thing to do is watch that Blair House meeting. That, to me, is one of the proudest moments. That was an incredibly intellectual exercise where Obama sat in front of a bunch of people, including people very opposed, and held his own and discussed the policy issues and really, he is just a smart guy and interested in getting it right.

That was the Obama you recognized?

That was the Obama I recognized, yes.

(more)

blair house obama

The Blair House Meeting was where President Obama told Senator John McCain, “look John the elections’ over, I won”.

This entry was posted in Big Stupid Government, Conspiracy ?, Cultural Marxism, Dear Leader - Creepy POTUS Worship, Dem Hypocrisy, media bias, Notorious Liars, Obamacare, Professional Idiots, propaganda, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Gruber Video #4 – Bragging About Constructing ObamaCare Lies/Fraud “In The Oval Office” With Obama – Even More Devastating Than Prior Three

1. Josh says:

As I see it we have many to thank for this destruction of our liberties but ultimately it was John Roberts who should have sealed the final nail in its coffin.

2. TexasRanger says:

Is this the rats jumping off a sinking ship scenario? Or the Hitler plea – I was only following orders?

3. Cosmo says:

There needs to be a day of reckoning so impacting that for years to come people like Gruber, Obama, Pelosi, and Reid will run from conversations and strategies like this because they will remember the tragic end of this messed up attempt to control one sixth of our economy.

4. Madmax says:

Nothing less than a jail cell for the Traitor in Chief.

5. Daniel says:

I wonder how much truth there is that the ACA is the same as whatever it was Romney did.

6. Worc1 says:

Gruber claims that the so-called health insurance tax subsidy is super-expensive and the feds lose about $250 billion per year in tax revenues. His premise, like all progressives, is that all money is the governments. The so-called tax subsidy doesn’t cost the gov’t one cent, b/c it isn’t their money, it is the people who earned it.

7. Stormy says:

Gruber – gate !

8. Tkim says:

Today Leonard Pitts’s column was essentially demanding that the GOP either impeach Obama or shut up about it. Lennie what a fine idea.

9. LOL! Gruber is such an idiot. He is so anxious to take credit, he is burying the pres. His arrogance is the equivalent of zero’s and he and the dems can’t run fast enough to get away from this stool pigeon. Aside from that, I have just lost respect for Romney. He may as well forget ehvah running for president again.

I fully expect a very large explosion at capitol hill, so powerful that Washington will break off from the U. S. and float out into the Atlantic ocean with zero and congress on board, never to be heard from again. LOL!

10. yakmaster2 says:

Gruber is a self-important MOTOR MOUTH. The truth of loose lips sinking ships is lost on him. Good.

11. SAFVet says:

Cross-posted to Lucianne.com – let’s see if we can get a hat trick 🙂

12. Coast says:

…”So this tax subsidy economists have been railing against for decades, it’s super-expensive. We forego about $250 billion per year in tax revenues. It’s regressive — the richer you are, the bigger tax break you get. And it’s inefficient because it causes people to buy excessive health insurance. So everyone in the room said, “You want something that is real cost control that we know it will work, go after this.”

Now, the problem is, it’s a political nightmare, … and people say, “No, you can’t tax my benefits.” So what we did a lot in that room was talk about, well, how could we make this work? And Obama was like, “Well, you know” — I mean, he is really a realistic guy. He is like, “Look, I can’t just do this.” He said: “It is just not going to happen politically. The bill will not pass. How do we manage to get there through phases and other things?” And we talked about it. And he was just very interested in that topic.”

A–HOLES…all of them! Even the first two sentences (we forego about $250 billion) indicate such a tremendous arrogance…it ain’t your money!! Not taxing something IS NOT a subsidy!
    And with Obama saying “How do we manage to…” yes, he was and is a total deceiver. A–HOLES, all of them.

13. DizzyMissL says:

Any story about Gruber really should include two photos. First the one of him with the cockatoo on his shoulder and the other one of him holding up the comic book.

14. texan59 says:

FTA –
    “I like to say in the U.S. there are only two issues that matter, global warming and health care costs”

This is the mentality of these people. To control every aspect of our lives. B*llshiite!

15. Burnt Toast says:

18 usc 1001

16. Tom C says:

Two points: First, in what little fairness Gruber deserves, he did not sell out the President because he was eager to take credit. These clips are old, and I don’t think he ever expected them to see the light of day at far as national attention is concerned. He relaxed enough after it passed that he felt he could tell the truth, at least to “insiders” that would judge him favorably.

Second, I am surprised that no one has brought up the McCain connection with regard to the “Cadillac tax”. In the campaign, McCain suggested a tax on employer-provided insurance benefits, and Obama HAMMERED him on it, in at least two debates as I recall. Did Obama change his mind, or was his objection untruthful from the beginning?

17. Ash says:

Just an idea but I have always wondered why the government didn’t just help pay the insurance premiums for people who were poor, elderly,or disabled instead of paying the actual medical bills that are paid out through Medicare and Medicaid? We already pay for anyone that can’t afford medical care that come through any ER that is subsidized by the government so we could use that money to help pay for the insurance premiums instead.

One ER visit these days can be more than the cost of a years insurance premiums and if they gave aid to those who have no money to buy insurance then we could scrap the 20,202 pages that make up the ACA and probably get it down to less than a dozen pages easily readable and understood by all us “stupid Americans.”

Also let people to buy only the coverage they need because everyone does not need the same coverage. We are not a one size fits all country with everyone needing the same medical care. Some people that are younger might need OB/GYN care, and some may need more medical care for concerns of only the elderly or disabled might use like nursing home care.

Much like car insurance I could buy what I feel I need. The state says I must buy to cover the other driver but if I choose not to cover replacing my own car if it gets totaled then I must replace the car myself out of my own wallet. If people choose not buy any insurance and then need care then they make payments until the bills are paid. We have done that for years to cover what our insurance doesn’t.

If we looked at medical care like a cafeteria/buffet and all the things a person might need for health care, then let people pick the list of items they need instead of forcing everyone to pay say for birth control when a 70 year old woman would probably not need that, then people would only need to pay for what they might actually use in the future. Then have everyone buy into catastrophic coverage, for those really big unexpected expenses that anyone could encounter like a heart transplant, a bad car accident, or cancer care that risk pool would help cover those huge bills that very few can cover on their own.

I had written to all of Congress back before the ACA was passed and presented this idea but got no where.

Maybe I’m naive but I do think it could save billions of dollars by not paying the actual bills but just helping people buy the insurance and let them buy from whatever insurance company would offer them the best deal. The federal and state governments could save money, the hospitals and doctors would get paid because everyone would be covered, and people would have a choice of buying what they need and no more.

Just my 2 cents.

18. TwoLaine says:

My favorite of his quote’s about Romney.

“You know, I was very impressed. I came out of that meeting. I went home and told my wife and said: “As a Democrat, I’m very scared. This guy could be president.” He was really very smart, well-spoken, and just really seemed to know his stuff and was very impressive in person.””

19. Pingback: Understanding The Scope Of The Obama/Gruber Lies Within ObamaCare….. | SilentSoldier