“Gaslighting” (and Barack Obama)

From Wikipedia:

Gaslighting is a form of mental abuse in which false information is presented with the intent of making a victim doubt his or her own memory, perception, and sanity. Instances may range simply from the denial by an abuser that previous abusive incidents ever occurred, up to the staging of bizarre events by the abuser with the intention of disorienting the victim.

The term “gaslighting” comes from the play Gas Light and its film adaptations. The term is now also used in clinical and research literature.

On that note, here is Bill Whittle’s latest FIREWALL:

This entry was posted in Bill Whittle, Decepticons, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, Notorious Liars, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to “Gaslighting” (and Barack Obama)

1. auscitizenmom says:

“You’re not nuts, he’s nuts.” Hahahaha

2. texan59 says:

Good find. Now people can put a name to the process.

3. ctdar says:

You are not nuts.
    Phew!

4. stella says:

By the way, check out truthrevolt.org. It’s a good source for conservative commentary, a news aggregator. Lots of good content.

5. sundance says:

This is an awesome video. Great job Bill Whittle. Thanks Stella.

6. pbunyan says:

It’s been pretty clear to me from the start that Obama was a sociopath (what with his constant straight-faced lying) and this is just more evidence to support that conclusion. Then again aren’t most politicians?

• nyetneetot says:

We know he’s a Marxist. It’s debatable if he’s a sociopath. Their tactics closely match the personality disorder. Maybe there is no difference for him.

7. Josh says:

I’ve used the phrase “gaslighting” often (I learned of it years ago from a fellow employee). This video helps me to realize that I am a victim of such tactics. I knew I was but I never put the word to it. Criminy! Thanks, stella.

8. Josh says:

Thinking about this a little more: If I could get the word out (and I’m trying) it would be to inform good people that they are not alone BUT they’d better start doing their part to save this great nation or they may find themselves alone.

9. lovemygirl says:

So many times I hear people that are surprised when con-artists / sociopaths are exposed because they are so charming. If they had a nasty disposition they would not be able to con anyone so being charming is almost a pre-requisite for them to be successful.

10. lovemygirl says:

Another form of this deception comes from the lack of coverage of certain events. Most people are hoodwinked by that they never heard about, what else could happen if they don’t know?

11. Murse says:

Excellent video.

12. CrankyinAZ says:

Excellent video!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

13. ZurichMike says:

And the maid in the movie was played by a very young Angela Lansbury!

14. radiopatriot says:

LOL… I just love Bill Whittle. Thank God we have folks like him in our time.

15. Spar Harmon says:

For those who now wish to go on an exposure rampage, a warning. Those who have been fooled do not take enlightenment well. Also what people want to believe trumps their receptivity to truth. Never under estimate the power of people’s denial systems; you are the one who will end up marked “the enemy”.
    As one who was fooled by Mr. Obama, for a long time I was impervious to evidence to the contrary of the constructs emanating from the White House. I was convinced that at least he was trying to do the right thing. Which made me a little hopeful, considering that I had no trust that, on the Federal level, anything but corruption and incompetence could be expected.
    I came to The Last Refuge because of the pending Zimmerman trial ( and despite the word conservative in the address). I started being aware of the other subjects being discussed. I was surprised and engaged by the level of truth-speak in the discussions and made a few tentative comments which seemed well received… So I began viewing events and news more critically and– well that is all it took really, to see Obama’s perfidity and begin to appreciate the pathos of his insanity.
    I remember a key for me was a video link somebody shared late last summer of a BBC study of the Narcissism Socio-pathology. I had never heard of it. Afterward, U Tube offered several videos of an actual self-confessed video by a narcissist, whose name I cannot remember, but I watched everyone with growing horror — So I educated myself.
    Bill’s suggestion is well taken, that just getting someone to see the actual truth behind one lying meme is all it takes to wake a good hearted person up; they themselves will do the rest. I’ve seen a lot of people change their minds in the last year; They changed their minds starting when they saw the reality behind just one lying meme. I’m pretty persuasive but I have never convinced anyone of anything. I am pretty resistant, I have never been convinced of anything by anybody. You can never convince a drunk to stop drinking; only the drunk can do that…

• auscitizenmom says:

Spar, that makes a lot of sense. But, then, you often make a lot of sense. 🙂

• stella says:

It is important to speak the truth, to see that sunlight is shone on things that are happening in our country these days. If one or two are better informed thereafter, then some good has been done. You may not even know that good has been done, that someone has been led to question or to dig for more information. We all must continue to enlighten whenever we can – not in a confrontational manner, necessarily. It IS important to inform ourselves so that we are credible.

An “exposure rampage” is not necessary. Also, certain people will mark you the “enemy” even if your approach is reasonable and honest. That can’t be helped. As you say, “just getting someone to see the actual truth behind one lying meme is all it takes….”

If each of us tells some truth each day, progress will be made. It takes time and effort to turn around a huge ship.

16. Pingback: VIDEOS OF THE DAY: THINK FOR YOURSELF! - Angry White Dude

17. Pingback: Pressure From White House/DOJ – FBI Now Says No ISIS Link In Chattanooga Terrorist Attack… - Rage and War