updateNo need to drag this out.    Democrat Terry McAuliffe WINS !

AS EXPECTED – The electorate around the Washington DC area, who are dependent on BIG GOVERNMENT, voted overwhelmingly to protect their place at the TROUGH and their livelihoods.   AS did the ethnically divided Newport area.  The rest of the state voted generally for Cuccinelli.

McAuliffe - Cuccinelli - Virginia Governors Race

UPDATE and Bumped: The Polls closed at 7pm, we will update with results when available.

Update #1 – With 36% of Precincts in:
Cuccinelli   313,440 50.78%
McAuliffe   258,713 41.91%
Sarvis           43,463 7.04%

Update #2 – With 55.53% of Precincts in:
Cuccinelli    524,486 49.05%
McAuliffe    467,157 43.69%
Sarvis             74,486 6.97%

Update #3 –  With 87.64% of Precincts in: (the race is tied but favoring McAuliffe)
Cuccinelli 837,525 46.51%
McAuliffe 837,125 46.48%  <— anticipated Winner
Sarvis        121,563    6.75%

*NOTE*  The Northern (DC AREA) Counties of Virginia are heavily supporting the Democrat McAuliffe.   This Federal Government Dependent Electorate is helping to lift McAuliffe to an anticipated victory.

McAuliffe - Cuccinelli - Virginia Governors Race

Democrat – Terry McAuliffe and Conservative Republican Ken Cuccinelli

Sixteen months ago, mustering support from tea party activists and Christian conservatives, the attorney general of Virginia, Ken Cuccinelli’s,  backers forced a convention, instead of a primary.   This worked around the establishment control and wrestled the nomination away from establishment favorite Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling.

Bolling was the chosen “next-in-line” favorite guy of every Republican party insider.  Upon losing the nomination, Bolling did what all establishment Republicans do when they are defeated, Bolling refused to endorse Cuccinelli.   Joining him were numerous establishment Republican mayors and numerous former Republican legislators.

The GOP establishment machine decided to do what they do best, burn down the house rather than give up the keys upon ideological eviction.

TruthinAdvertising_Rinos

According to a Washington Post review of finance records, about two-thirds of former Republican Gov. Robert F. McDonnell’s top donors in 2009 have given Cuccinelli no support; this was not coincidental.

Again, according to the Washington Post review:  Four years ago, McDonnell’s largest single donor other than Republican Party organizations was the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which spent $973,000 on his campaign. This year, the chamber gave Cuccinelli nothing.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is entrenched with the GOP Establishment.  They are fully vested in traditional Republican candidates; and a symbiotic relationship exists between K-Street Chamber Lobby and the Insider Republican machine.

This Establishment Republican decision led to a massive disparity in spending as Democrat candidate McAuliffe raised over $35 million, and Cuccinelli less than $18 million.    McAuliffe has taken full advantage of this difference by running an aggressively negative campaign outspending Cuccinelli 10 to 1 on TV advertising alone.

Almost all of it negative.

Yet even with the drags on Cuccinelli’s campaign by a current Republican Governor mired in a scandal, and despite the blistering spending disparity and the establishment sitting on the sidelines waiting for a “see, you need us better” collapse, the polls are showing Democrat candidate McAuliffe’s lead smaller by the day;  so today’s outcome is by no means certain.

But make no mistake about it, if Cucinelli does lose – the Decepticons, the Republican Establishment, will use his defeat throughout the entire 2014 election as ammunition to claim their grip on power is the only option to stop liberal advancement.

This entry was posted in Decepticons, Election 2014, media bias, Mitch McConnell, Notorious Liars, Tea Party, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

123 Responses to FINAL RESULT – UPDATE #4 Virginia Votes Today for Governor – Open Discussion Thread – Polls Closed, Thread Bumped – Updates To Follow

1. deqwik2 says:

I would love to see Cuccinelli win to send message to DC but also to shake the world of MSM. I would love to listen to them explaining how that happened. I want to see “a whole lot of shaking going on”. I do believe this is more than an election for a governor .. it’s also the first step in the war for the America’s political future. (I believe there is some spiritual warfare going on too).

2. rashomon says:

You DO know there hasn’t been a “legal” election since JFK? Spare me.

3. Gregg keyes says:

Will this voting be carried out with the Pre-Programmed Voting machines or the Cemetary Shuttle Bus System?

4. The MSM is touting this election as “How goes Virginia, so goes the country…” but I’m not convinced of that. Virginia has a large area that is a “bedroom community” for D.C. and has had a serious influx of liberals in recent years including immigrants and Hispanics. I certainly hope that Cuccinelli wins today but I will not be disheartened if he doesn’t. Virginia has always been a conservative state and yet it titled for Obama in the last 2 elections.

I find the acts and behavior of our establishment Republicans abhorrent. It’s bad enough we have to battle the liberals with their media control and Hollywood elite backing, but now we have infighting between our own base. It is definitely time for a viable 3rd party to emerge.

5. WeeWeed says:

“Polling machine problems”……… hmmmm……. where’ve I heard that, before??

6. Reblogged this on Right Wing Nuts and Bolts and commented:
    This is why I can no longer call myself a Republi-Con. Several times a month I drive to Ripon, WI and see the sign that proclaims it the “Birthplace of the Republican Party”. Every time I see that sign, I wonder to myself just where it died. And I think about the humble beginnings of a party that was once great. Ripon, you see, still has those old-fashioned conservative values. They still roll up the sidewalks by 10PM. They are not open on Sunday. But their conservative party has been hijacked, never to return. “Decepticons” is a fitting term for what passes as the GOP.

7. LetJusticePrevail" says:

There are several elections that have implications extending beyond the office being sought. The New Jersey gubernatorial race will definitely be used as a talking point by the DeceptiCONS as they “ramp up” their 2016 campaigns and seek to stamp out the opposition in their own party:

8. Kkdgrace says:

Obama campaign bundler helped fund a “libertarian” 3rd party candidate- one that supports all the same-old, same-old progressive agenda to try to pull votes away from Cuccinelli. Evil people!

9. MAB says:

I ‘m a desperate conservative, and I hate the work of the RINO’s. But lack of support because of ideological differences is exactly what WE do. To be fair, I cannot fault them for putting up a fight. But here is what I DO fault them for: They run conservative, but legislate Lliberal.

Fake right, move left. That’s the sin.

10. flaladybug says:

I’m SHOCKED I tell you…..SHOCKED!!! (Sarc off)

11. Josh says:

I’m too distraught over this election (and so many others). I will not be able to participate in this thread. I know that *they* own the voting machines, the Supervisors of Elections, the takers …

12. elvischupacabra says:

BEWARE of Wolves in Sheep’s clothing telling you things about the Virginia governor race that are not necessarily true!

Since it is likely that Terry “What investments?” McAuliffe will win, the Democrats and the State-Controlled Media have offered this as a “referendum on ObamaCare”.

I ask, how can this be any sort of referendum? A huge number of government bureaucrats living in Virginia will be voting and are protected from the ravages of ObamaCare, because they have exempt, gold-plated healthcare plans. They are voting as their unions tell them, which will be for MacAuliffe. They essentially don’t have a dog in the ObamaCare fight, except as it extends to creating more and more well-paid co-workers, on which they will all have seniority.

Referendum on ObamaCare my a**. It’s a referendum on D.C. largesse versus the rest of Virginia.

13. Josh says:

If Ken Cuccinelli (VA) wins, I will donate to Matt Bevin. Matt Bevin (KY) is probably a shill but at least it will get McConnell out.

See what’s happening in Florida? I do not want to vote for Rick Scott but what is the alternative? Charlie Crist??!!!??? Charlie Crist is a whore! Looks like I’ll be voting for Rick Scott!

Look at New Jersey’s Governor’s race. Chris Christie against some other liberal? Liberal against Liberal.

Florida’s Attorney General – Pam Bondi against some other liberal? Liberal against Liberal.

That’s what they do to us – we are almost always picking the least of the evils.

14. Conservative Alaska Gal says:

Josh, why do you say that Matt Bevin is probably a shill? Everything I know of him so far looks quite good. And compared to Mitch, even a Lisa Murkowski would be an improvement…

• Spar Harmon says:

That’s just Josh da cynic….

• yankeeintx says:

Somebody posted a link the other day, that showed that Blevin couldn’t answer some important questions (possibly about the constitution). The link was disabled by the time I clicked it, but that might be why?

• Josh says:

From the 2013-Nov-04 thread:

golfmom3 says:
      September 29, 2013 at 11:39 am

“I am new here, but I have an extensive history on Discus if anyone wonders. I live in Kentucky which is a small state so we know each other. I know many of you do not have the same advantage in assessing the KY Senate race in 2014. From what I hear, real constitutional conservatives in Kentucky are all struggling on this race — we really need an entirely new candidate. Bevin is in because Bevin has a personal fortune. That’s it. http://mycn2.com/politics/matt-bevin-s-challenge-to-mcconnell-game-changer-or-exhibition-game

There is no choice at this point in the election cycle: Mitch McConnell is miserable, the ditzy Dem is the daughter of a former state Dem chair convicted of a felony who catered the 2012 Obama inauguration, and Bevin is most likely a shill. He is not a natural born conservative and has trouble speaking the language if caught off guard. He’s saying all the right things, but so did Scott Brown, Marco Rubio, Kelly Ayotte, etc. I very much wanted an alternative to the disaster that is Mitch but then there’s this: Constitution Day (remember that, I said CONSTITUTION Day) debate at the University of Kentucky just 2 weeks ago. Jesse Benton, married to Ron Paul’s granddaughter and previous campaign manager for Rand Paul, is standing in for McConnell who is in DC. Jesse asks Bevin a quiz question on a section of the Constitution Mark Levin has thrust into the news in The Liberty Amendments.

I don’t know what to do with this. I am a college professor. This dummy is not prepared for the opportunity that is his for the taking — and he’s not interested in being prepared. This is “D” work — Fail, you failed, Matt Bevin, on something that matters and you haven’t expressed one peep of regret for screwing up.

Look harder at Matt Bevin before you throw good money after bad. Elect more real true Constitutionalists from other states and take the dang Leadership away from our idiot. Just don’t throw one more McCain or Scott Brown into the cesspool in place of McConnell. Please?”

• sundance says:

You do know that comment is a typical approach of a liberal right?

Know how these folks operate, and learn how to spot a “concern troll”. It’s part of what the other side does (psy-ops) to define their opposition.

• Josh says:

Doh! Obviously I’ve got a lot to learn. Spar is correct – I am a cynic. Bevin MAY be a shill but I’d vote for him anyway. I’ve already donated to Cuccinelli. I’ll mail my check for Bevin tomorrow.

• yankeeintx says:

It is hard to ignore the video clip. I would have liked him to be honest, and admit that he didn’t know, or just couldn’t remember at the time. I feel he is the better choice, but honesty always works best.

15. Mist'ears Mom says:

Donate to Bevin anyway, even if it is $5. Even if Cuccinelli loses, Bevin needs help against McConnell and cronies. We need to do everything we can. Kentucky, Bevin and US need support from true patriots. Wolverines!

16. rashomon says:

Illinois is in the soup; Charlie Trotter dies. Go figure. This country is so screwed up.

17. ctdar says:

Some VA updates
    “it’s gonna be close”
    Sorry, where have we heard that phrase before 😦

18. LetJusticePrevail" says:

Cuccinelli has distinct lead, but it’s too early, and too few precincts reporting so far:

19. ctdar says:

Er Drudge has in red above the fold?:
    TONIGHT: RESULTS…

CUCCINELLI 54.65%
    MCAULIFFE 37.17%

20. Susan M. says:

RNC is going Down. Individuals of High Moral Character will be supported by GOOD people of this Country.

• I certainly hope so, Susan. It’s past time that a viable 3rd Party emerges to replace what USED to be the Republican Party. The Republican Party is nothing more than a more moderate offshoot of the Democratic Party these days. The establishment Republicans are MUCH more concerned with their cushy D.C. jobs (or state level) than with preserving our Constitution and defending our rights to freedom. The Dems/Progs/Libs etc. have succeeded in “cowing” them and convincing them that they cannot win on a platform of morality and constitutional conservatism. Morality is NOT dead in this country…yet. But it is dying a slow death and unless we get some men with the fortitude to fight against the evil that is pervasive in our society we will be lost. GOD blessed this country and guided our founders in making it what it was and, with God’s Grace, we can rise again from the ruins of sin and corruption. It will take bravery, perseverance and moral fortitude. It will take hard work, sweat and boots on the ground. Somehow the conservative base in the country MUST have a voice and find a way to form a cohesive bond that will empower us and our candidates.

Now we are having the fight establishment Republican D.C. politicians who are willing to sell their souls for another term in office. They are willing to blackmail, blacklist, smear denigrate and lay ruin to anyone who DARES stand up to them. Sound familiar?

Someone needs to write a grant and fund a study into the epidemic of “spine disintegration” that occurs when politicians sit in the seats of Congress. Something must be really wrong with the structure of those seats!!

21. Ms.Tee says:

The RNC officially died in 2012…

I’m totally ignoring the Drudge headline that is currently up. If the precincts in NOVA were reporting first, then I’d give them some validity…

22. With 31.5% of votes counted Cuccinelli is leading by almost 10% points. PRAYING this trend continues. The only northern county reporting so far is Alexandria and it went heavily for the Dem. We know that the northern counties will swing for McAuliffe so let’s pray that the rest of the state votes heavily for Cuccinelli. It must be extremely frustrating to live in VA as a conservative these days and watch a few bedroom counties, full of D.C. insiders, swing your state from Red to Blue.

• Interestingly, with approx. 15% of the votes in Alexandria, McAuliffe is winning handily, but in Loudoun and Prince George counties they are neck in neck. These are Blue/D.C. counties.

From the VA Board of Election, with 45% of precincts reporting, Cuccinelli is winning by 7.5% pts. McAuliffe is closing the gap but Cuccinelli is holding strong. I’m very anxious about this race. If McAuliffe wins the Dems are going to use this to further corrode the morale of the conservative base. All of the MSM is touting this as a referendum on how the elections will swing in the upcoming mid-terms. They will use a McAuliffe win to dishearten conservatives. We cannot afford to have a single one “give up” the fight.

23. Aslan's Girl says:

Thank you for this illuminating post, sundance. I’ve been posting it everywhere I can to help people see what happened here.

You know, when the GOP runs a moderate, the grassroots are told to STFU and vote for him; but when the grassroots run a conservative, the Establishment takes their ball and gives it to the Dems. I like how party unity only works when the Establishment gets their own way.

I’m still praying Cooch can win this. Not only to defeat slimy McAuliffe, but to defeat the Establishment. They are evil and needs to be purged.

24. 3rd Party Candidate, Sarvis, has 7.05% of the vote. Praying he does take many more votes and cost Cuccinelli the election. It figures that the Obama/Dem machine would have funded his campaign. They are dirty, dirty, dirty and justice would be it backfiring on them and splitting the votes for McAuliffe.

25. 55.5% now reporting and Cucinelli has a little over a 5.30% lead. McAuliffe is closing the gap.

• Ms.Tee says:

Has all of NOVA been counted? Richmond and Albermarle are the other reliably blue areas in VA. If those precincts are in, then the gap may not be so bad..Still, I wouldn’t get my hopes up. These folks mastered the art of election theft last year and I don’t see how this year will be any different.

• WeeWeed says:

Tee!! Where’ve ya’s been?? I’ve missed you! 😀

• Ms.Tee says:

Hey, sister! Just working and trying to hoard my cash before they come after it. Haha! Try to stay away from the madness but the tradition of following an off-year election is too addicting. 😛

• WeeWeed says:

Poli-ticks, GF – we are doomed! 😆

• Ms.Tee says:

Yup, I’ve pretty much resigned myself to that fact. Just trying to enjoy life before I have to go up before the death panel. I kid..I kid..I think…

Anyway, Cucc took Essex county, which apparently went to Obama last year. I think this race may hinge on that pesky, pseudo Libertarian candidate…

• michellc says:

Albermarle – 21/29 reporting, total votes 21,205, C:38.36% M:51.77%
        Richmond – 6/6, C:56.34% M:37.06%

26. sundance says:

27. Sal Paradise says:

CNN keeps pushing this is normal for mcauliffe…..Just wait. All is calm, all is well….

28. sundance says:

This will be the mantra from the media and the GOP moving forward:

29. LetJusticePrevail" says:

Here’s a link with an interactive map. Scroll over the counties to see how each one is voting.

30. ctdar says:

76% in
    Cucc 48%
    Mac 45%

I’m sure the trucks full of votes are showing up as we type

31. It looks like a loss, folks, sorry, really.

I will check in an hour. Don’t want to follow the agony second-by-second.

32. Ms.Tee says:

VA Beach and Norfolk trend red, well they did in the past. I’m actually quite surprised the election was this “close”. I guess they didn’t want to be too obvious this time around.

• michellc says:

Amherst, Bland, Buena Vista City, Campbell, Charles City, Colonial Heights City, Craig, Emporia City, Fairfax City, Galax City, Lunenburg and New Kent all have 0 reporting. Are they blue or red?

• michellc says:

Never mind, FOX is calling it for Cuccinelli. So what is the media spin going to be now?

*ADMIN NOTE* This is NOT Correct. Fox predicting McAuliffe as victor

• Ms.Tee says:

What are you talking about? I thought Fox called it for MacAuliffe?

• stella says:

Fox just called it for McAuliffe (Brett Baier).

ADD: Raw vote is still in favor or Cuccinelli, but based on votes + exit polling etc., they are calling it for the Dem. Damn.

• michellc says:

I was writing about the same time you posted it. I was in one room and listening in another room and thought they called it for Cuccinelli. Then my DH said I was wrong, so I rewound it and was wrong.
            Sorry, I should make sure next time I hear what I think I hear.

• sundance says:

McAulliffe is the anticipated Winner. Don’t know what’s confusing you, but it does not look good for Cuccinelli.

• michellc says:

I thought I heard it differently. I didn’t just make a fool out of myself on here. After I typed what I thought I ran downstairs and told DH and he said you’re wrong. I then rewound and thought darn a made a fool out of myself on The treehouse.

• Its OK michellec, it was so close that it is easy to get excited with the anticipation that for once we might-just might prevail. I was to at first, what a disappointment. It is hard to understand the ignorance of the voters with this healthcare fiasco in their face, they believe the lies. It will happen change is coming we must not give up.

33. Ms.Tee says:

Off the top of my head, I can tell you that Fairfax City trends blue. It’s apart of Northern Virginia, NOVA for short. NOVA is traditionally blue as it has a high population of federal workers and lobbyists due to its close proximity to DC. Also, George Mason and a few other universities are there, which gives it that urban college town vibe. NOVA and Albermarle County(home of UVA) are areas that almost always go blue.

34. michellc says:

OOps I’m sorry they’re calling it for McAuliffe, the tv is on in the other room and I thought they said they had called it for Cucinelli. I went and rewound and they’re calling it for McAuliffe although they showed Cucinelli up by a fraction of a percent.

35. Ms.Tee says:

Well, RIP Virginia. At least this doesn’t sting like last year. SMH. Later Treeps.

36. Well, there we go…with 90% reporting McAuliffe just stole the lead by .40% (@ 6,500 votes) and the 3rd party candidate has 126,722 – so enough to steal the election from Cuccinelli and give it to the Dems. Way to go, establishment RINOs.

37. ctdar says:

Hmmmm We are in the phase of the election returns we called “the dance” when I was in politics in Illinois. A handful of urban, Democrat precincts would hold back their results as would a handful or rural, Republican counties. Each was afraid the other would steal the election if they reported all their results at once.

38. Sal Paradise says:

If anything, Red state dems can kiss their *** goodbye……

39. Ms.Tee says:

But somehow Mark Obershain wins the AG race? I guess he was in on the scam and they gave him the race as a thank you.

40. Their scheme worked – Sarvis received enough votes to lose the election for Cuccinelli. I’m disgusted but REFUSE to be disheartened. People are already calling the comparison between Christie and Cuccinelli a referendum on conservatives and “their” candidates. Absolutely sickening.

• michellc says:

I’m kind of in the dumps, I got all excited, then terribly brought back down to earth and embarrassed myself as well. (And no, although my husband asked me if I’ve sneaked me some cooking brandy, I did not touch the bottle.)

I’m very, very sorry if I put anyone else in my up and down state.

• “The good thing I can see though is if you combine Cuccinelli and Sarvis the majority of Virginians didn’t want McAuliffe.”

It does not matter. Sarvis was supported and propped up by the Dem machine because they knew he would steal votes that Cuccinelli needed to win, and that’s exactly what happened. They will be doing this on a widespread basis in 2014. The Republican party is deeply divided and will cave in on itself but not before every level of government is packed with Dems/Libs/Progs. I hope someone much wiser and more capable than I am is working on a serious solution to this problem, because I can’t see a way around it.

• Don’t worry about others being let down by the error and don’t be embarassed – it happens sometimes. We misinterpret or hear something incorrectly. Hope DOES spring eternal, after all.

• michellc says:

Unfortunately, it’s not the first time I’ve embarrassed myself and although I would love to hope I never do again, I probably will.
          I just hate the thought of others reading it and thinking it was correct before I could correct myself.
          I guess either I’m going deaf or I’m hearing what I want to hear.lol

• Ms.Tee says:

Don’t feel bad. We all make mistakes. Last year was a lot worse for the entire country. Just be thankful that you don’t live in VA. Ha ha!

41. MAB says:

It is absolutely vital that the heavily democratic precientcs tally-up last. Thy need to have near-final results in-hand, so they know how much to juice the final results in their districts.

42. Shaking my head and heading to dinner, although I seem to have lost my appetite. My stomach is actually churning right now. Good night, fellow conservatives. Sleep well in the knowledge that good always triumphs over evil. Always. This fight is far from over.

43. AdukeLAXobserver says:

49 other governors are relieved they won’t be called the biggest scumbag governor.

44. KPM58 says:

The Dems won but for all the money and political capital spent, they did not cover the point spread.

45. raskog says:

.4 % or 6,700 is not enough of a clear vote. In circumstances like this, the third party which got the least amount should be removed, and then a re-casting of ballots occur, for truer representation of what the people want. Technically and in scientific probability, McAul cannot consider this a win. There should be no celebration much like there should have been no celebration for Lame Obama in Senator (Illinois) winning when he eliminated candidates by counting petitions.

46. Aslan's Girl says:

Before Obamacare kicked in, McAuliffe had a 20 point lead. After Obamacare, it shrank to 1.5

Early voting may have played a role: early voting took place before insurance cancellation notices were sent out due to Obamacare and early voting took place during the Shutdown with MSM blaming GOP.

• raskog says:

Good point. 1.5% is practically insignificant in key weather vane state Virginia. Tea Party is the not the old establishment. It is learning. It has energy. It has leaders like Ted Cruz, Cuccinelli, Mike Lee and growing, just like Tex Mom’s video above. We really should send that around to everyone to feel inspired and stronger in circumstances brief defeat.

47. Eggs Nihilo says:

This is why I so much want to move back out of New Jersey (I left once, only to move back due to family concerns and a homesick ex-wife), and to a freer, more independent state like Indiana (or, at a minimum, south-central or northern Pennsylvania). No “feel sorry for me” in either place, a private-property line is still countenanced by the kids growing up in the area, and daddy’s place for talking (and living) his politics is in the home or the town hall, and not the bar.

48. stella says:

Cuccinelli would probably have won were it not for the Libertarian candidate (backed by Democrat money). McAuliffe won with less than 50% of the vote, I believe.

• ctdar says:

Morning Stella, Duggan won, hopefully he can begin to turn Detroit around 🙂

• stella says:

Yup, he won 55% to 45%. I am praying for his wisdom, and cooperation among the various parties – the Emergency Manager (Kevyn Orr), the Governor (Rick Snyder), and the new City Council members. I haven’t seen the results of the City Council election, but I believe this is the first election governed by the new city charter, which requires all but two of the members to live in the district they represent. The other two are “at large”.

• ctdar says:

Thats key, members need to live in district.

• raskog says:

Glad to hear Detroit has a new mayor, a former medical center chief. He actually has management skills and experience! Prayers for Duggan and Detroit. Sometimes it takes learning the hard way for people to finally get it. Even then, it is with reluctance. No one in the Obama fiasco will be celebrating that they were wrong but we know, that they know, that we know, and God will be the final equalizer on the Democrat (and RINO) machinery and purposefully foolhardy voters.