Illegal Alien Scolds Congress for Calling Him an Illegal Immigrant

Illegal is not a race

WASHINGTON DC - Jose Antonio Vargas, an illegal immigrant and former reporter, scolded a congressional panel on Wednesday, saying that he should not be called illegal, and saying it is an insult to his family who brought him here.

“When you inaccurately call me illegal, you not only dehumanize me, you’re offending them,” he said. “No human being is illegal.”

Mr. Vargas testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee alongside Chris Crane — a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent and president of the ICE agents’ union — who is unable to arrest him under the administration’s new non-deportation policies.

Mr. Vargas, who “came out” as an illegal immigrant several years ago, delivered an emotional plea for the country to legalize him. (more)

About these ads
This entry was posted in A New America, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Illegal Aliens, media bias, Mexico, Obama re-election, Obama Research/Discovery, Political correctness/cultural marxism, States, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

63 Responses to Illegal Alien Scolds Congress for Calling Him an Illegal Immigrant

1. I am Trademark says:

Did you come here LEGALLY?
    STFU!!!

2. waltherppk says:

So what should we call a horse thief so as not to hurt their feelings while hanging them ?

3. WeeWeed says:

“..Mr. Vargas, who “came out” as an illegal immigrant several years ago, delivered an emotional plea for the country to legalize him.”

Horseshite. He’s had plenty of time to become “legal” had he remotely wanted to. More political showboating.

4. kinthenorthwest says:

So if I sneak into Mexico, Canada, Spain, or ????
    What am I call…I have a feeling that whatever I am called the word prisoner would be added…

5. Rich Branson says:

Just the fact that this crap is going on is a slap in the face to all the people who are here immigrating the legal way, paying fees and going thru the proper process. When is anyone gonna give a crap about those people? Cart these illegals up and ship them back to their countries of origin. Also, do away with the wet foot, dry foot nonsense law that let’s Cubans come over by the thousands and wreck South Florida.

• michellc says:

It’s always been a pretty simple problem to solve if they would just do it. If you’re here illegally then you don’t get an education, medical care, or free stuff. That’s the first step that has always boggled my mind, when my kids started school I had to produce a birth certificate, ss #, shot records and current address, so why should my kids who were born here have to provide all of this yet kids brought here illegally can get into school without it?
      Second step is not only fine those who hire or rent to illegals but give them jail time.
      Final step which would make the others moot if they just did it, send them back across the border.

6. realitycheck says:

Simple solution ….. Deport him for being in violation of USA immigration laws

7. michellc says:

If you didn’t enter this country legally then you’re illegal, don’t like the term then return to your own country.

8. Chip Bennett says:

No human being is illegal.

I want to hurl every time I hear this straw man.

You’re an illegal alien, not an illegal human. You’re not being called “illegal” for being a human, you nitwit. You’re being called “illegal” because you are residing in this country illegally.

You’ve been openly flaunting the laws of this country for years, and you have the audacity to demand to be naturalized as a citizen? There are thousands of foreigners here legally who have to wait years (or longer), working legally through the system, in order to earn the privilege of being naturalized as an American citizen. You disrespect, dishonor, and offend them by your very presence in our country.

You are the perfect spokesperson for amnesty supporters.

• pbunyan says:

Another way to refute that particular strawman is too say, “Jose, if I were to hit you over the head with a base ball bat and take your wallet and valuables and walk out of here, are you in agreement that not only should I face no negative consequences, but I in fact should be rewarded since I am a human and ‘no human is illegal’?” This is even a more persuasive argument if you happen to be holding a baseball bat in your hand at the time.

And since I’m already a citizen and don’t need citizenship, welfare, food stamps, or medicare, maybe my reward should be a lifetime membership at the local golf club?

• pbunyan says:

The more I think about it, it’s a shame I don’t know of any leftist-owned golf courses, ’cause if there was one, I could just go there and start golfing without going into the clubhouse to pay. When they confronted me, I’d just say, “You can’t call me an illegal golfer, no human is illegal.”

• 4TimesAYear says:

Had someone bring that term up in a recent conversation – talk about offensive….I hadn’t even used the term “illegal alien” – merely asked what they would call someone who entered the country illegally.

9. kinthenorthwest says:

Borrowed part of my statement from another forum but most is mine..
    Boy our country is really going crazy..I bet next we will see drug dealers insisting on being called “undocumented pharmacists.”
    Excuse me and all the other legal citizens for being offended that his parents broke our laws coming here and are therefore illegal until the go back to Mexico or become legal by process.
    Excuse me for being offended while watching our schools deteroiate because so much of our public school budgets are now used to cater to ESL classes mostly filled with students here illegally.
    Pardon me for being angry and put out as I watch the over taxation of me and legal citizens due to the abuse of our Social Service systems by those illegal.
    I think this list goes On and On…Add if you want..

10. kinthenorthwest says:

Politics
    DHS admits it does not track immigrants who become welfare dependent, pursued zero cases last year
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/13/dhs-only-makes-one-public-charge-deportation-in-last-fiscal-year-admits-inadequate-recordkeeping/#ixzz2KpH9X1tA

11. Chip Bennett says:

Meanwhile, high school students are being suspended for wearing red, white, and blue while chanting “USA! USA!” at a basketball game, because such actions might have racial undertones. (Reminds me of the students who were suspended for wearing Old Glory on Cinco de Mayo a few years ago.)

12. jwoop66 says:

When the day comes that folks like jose antonio vargas commence to actual bloodshed, which will eventually happen, we will be the ones that get the blame. It is all by design. It is all coming to a head. It is a beast with MANY heads that bears down upon us.

13. texan59 says:

I have asked my liberal friends for a long time to name one country on this globe where I can go without notifying their government, set up house and begin using the free stuff in that country. I’m still waiting.

• michellc says:

Can you ask your liberal friends what deserted island we can send them to so they can live in their utopia and leave the rest of us the hell alone?
      I’ll even donate them a rifle and a few bullets for them to put some food in their bellies.

I don’t have many liberal friends anymore, I’ve pretty much offended most of them because I’m not too fond of being PC.

• dizzymissl says:

Me too Michelle:)

• kinthenorthwest says:

Hey just stick a whole slew of dynamite in the San ANdres Fault and that gets rid of West Coast Liberals…(private joke between some friends here in Oregon)…If you look at polls and voting, 90 % of the the western Liberalism is west of the San ANdres Fault..

• PatriotUSA says:

Well noted, KIn.
            The entire left coast west of the San Andreas needs to fracture and slide into the deep. Please take with it western POOREGON and Trashington. I make no apologies if you live west of the Cascades. A true arm pit of political correctness and perversion.

• michellc says:

About all that’s left are extended family members and I try to have as little to do with them as possible. They’re always wanting me to give them something. This is how bad one of them are, during the summer they started calling asking me if I had any fresh veggies out of the garden or any fresh eggs. I felt kind of like a heel as they have a young child so I told them if they came and got them I’d give them some veggies and eggs and would even give the little girl a few hens of her own. Then they said, oh we don’t have the gas money can you bring it to us and some feed for the hens. I told them look I don’t have the spare time to drive the 2 hours there and back and if I did would you like me to fry the eggs and cook the veggies for you when I get there?
          Of course then they called everyone telling them I was selfish and wouldn’t share with them and then tried to claim I was a Christian.

I can be quite revengeful and called them and told them I was really sorry and wanted to do my Christian duty and I was coming down that weekend and bringing them some seeds, some canning jars, some freezer bags and some baby chicks so they could grow their own garden and put up their own food and raise the chicks up for eggs and be able to feed themselves for longer than a day. Needless to say they didn’t want my offering.

• texan59 says:

I am making it well known that any libs outside of my immediate family will not be helped if SHTF. Don’t ask and I Don’t have to tell you NO again. There are no libs in my nukular family, although my step-mother is close. She get’s a pass as long as pop is still around. But then, I’ve been called an a**hole on more than one occasion, and I’ve decided that I don’t care anymore. :D

• michellc says:

The older I get the bigger a..hole I become. I once was a person if asked for the shirt off my back I would give it to you. I’m still that person to an extent, if you need it. However, I get tired of people who are just as able as I am to make a living or grow their own food, etc. who think I should give them everything I do work for.

• kinthenorthwest says:

Its called growing wise and mature…
                There comes a point where you look at all your hard work and all the things you need and have done without for many years.
                Then you look at those who do not work and all the things they seem to have and wonder why.
                Why do I give to them when they already have more than me?

14. brutalhonesty says:

“no human being is illegal” is a not starter. it is not a valid argument. I dont know why they all keep repeating that as if it has any meaning.

15. brutalhonesty says:

they pretend we dont normally call people by their crimes: bank robber, rapist, murderer, shoplifter, drunk driver, illegal immigrant.

16. brutalhonesty says:

these are the same idiots that brought you the following FB pages:

U.S.A is NOT America
    Government Organization · 60 likes

America is not U.S.A. America is a Continent.
    Community · 113,939 likes

America is not U.S.A. America is a Continent.
    Community · 114 likes

EEUU no es América – USA is NOT America
    Community · 214 likes

L’Amérique n’est pas les Etats-Unis; America is not U.S.A; A América não é os U.S.A e sim um continente
    Community · 23 likes

America is NOT only USA
    Open Group
    10 members

17. dizzymissl says:

I just want to smack him in the face.

18. John Denney says:

Mr. Vargas’ view is obviously another by-product of our failed public education system.

19. maggiemoowho says:

Only in the US can you speak to the Senate or Congress, admit to breaking the law and demand nobody call you out on your crime, get a thank you and be free to go your merry way. Mr. Vargas should be deported until he learns how to obey laws. Pompous A$$!!!
    Also, whoever hired him as a reporter should be prosecuted for hiring an illegal.

20. BertDilbert says:

OK we cut the BS and call them Trespassing Humans.

21. Sharon says:

Haven’t read the thread yet, but I would sure like to hear the explanations from some of the Congress-persons for their justification/excuses for being willing to sit there and listen such lawless tripe…..and taking into account that they invited this illegal alien there, and then sit there taking notes.

I understand that if I enter Mexico illegally or stay there illegally some really serious things happen. Even if I’m not there illegally, Mexican law says this about me:

….foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers….no welfare, no food stamps, no health care….any “burden” will be deported……foreigners can invest in Mexico, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage…..if foreigners go to Mexico and buy land, options will be restricted…..Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag…these will lead to deportations.

22. Sharon says:

And actually, of course, this particular illegal alien is not an immigrant of any kind. There is no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

23. ctdar says:

Other descriptions for illegal, my personal favorite: bootleg
    illegal[ih-lee-guhl]
    Main Entry: illegal
    Part of Speech: adjective
    Definition: against the law
    Synonyms: actionable banned black market bootleg contraband criminal crooked
    extralegal felonious forbidden heavy hot illegitimate illicit interdicted irregular lawless not approved not legal outlawed outside the law prohibited proscribed prosecutable racket shady smuggled sub rosa taboo unauthorized unconstitutional under the table unlawful unlicensed unofficial unwarrantable unwarranted verboten violating wildcat wrongful

24. metrometeor says:

Well I’m Mexican and all I can say is… I am sorry.
    I don’t agree with the pro-illegal mindset at all. You guys are right… Illegal is illegal, it’s not racism, not an insult, just a hard fact.

• auscitizenmom says:

You know it makes me angry that “illegal alien” is equated with “Mexican”. It actually refers to anyone who is in the United States illegally, no matter where they are from. But, it confuses the whole issue, which is the reason pro-illegals do it. It makes the immigration discussion almost impossible. And, it actually causes a rift where there really isn’t one. I am staunchly anti-illegal and in no way anti immigration.I jjust want it to be legal.

25. Lynn says:

Not sure if I posted this before, but it has stuck with me for so long that I can’t ever forget it. I had to have a medical test done in Florida. I had no insurance at the time and was given a form to fill out to determine how much I could pay each month. At the end of the form, there was a box to check if I was an illegal alien. My cost to have this test done was $400.00 without insurance as an AMERICAN. If I was an illegal alien, it was free. Why?

26. Lynn says:

Oh, good heavens, my 22 year old son just said it best as I was reading this to my family. “America is the ‘day care of the world’. We allow things that no other country would allow.” Damn, he’s a smart kid!

27. lynn says:

Very sad times to call oneself an American or patriot, when you know congress is on the brink of granting 11mil Uninvited Guests, who violated our borders by entering US illegally. It truly turns my stomach to know these people are months away from being placed in same category. United states of Mexico is upon us people–its arrived. Proponents of illegal immigration and open borders are stuffing pockets big time. Money talks–even with thugs, the money still green….red too.blood money

28. 4TimesAYear says:

I would suggest Mr. Vargas go get a dictionary and look up the term “alien.” My guess is that he wouldn’t find the term “foreigner” any more palatable. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alien?s=t