Report: 19 Executive Orders Under Consideration For Gun Controls…

A Politico report (below) says that Vice-President Biden will outline nineteen possible Executive Actions that President Obama could take.    I Had an interesting conversation earlier today about this.   On one hand you have people saying that President Obama cannot use his executive power to “change” gun laws;  Call those people Traditional Reference Thinkers.

Obama_seal

On the other hand you have people who recognize President Obama has previously ignored his own Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) regarding the use of Executive Orders and bypassing congress;  Call those people Non-Traditional Reference Thinkers.

Example Here……. and HERE……  and the most staggering example HERE, when he became the first president in history to override his own Office of Legal Counsel and found new lawyers willing to agree with him.

“Presidents have the legal authority to override the legal conclusions of the Office of Legal Counsel and to act in a manner that is contrary to its advice, but it is extraordinarily rare for that to happen. Under normal circumstances, the office’s interpretation of the law is legally binding on the executive branch”.

(*Note, how rare is it for the President to ignore the Top Legal Advice of the OLC?  It’s never happened before….EVER.  That’s how rare !…. )

In the final analysis, President Obama can only be stopped “by” Congress – hence my initial suppositions back in 2010 about the specific motive, and intent, behind Obama’s approach at attacking, isolating, ridiculing and marginalizing congress.

Obama ConstitutionWASHINGTON DC – The White House has identified 19 executive actions for President Barack Obama to move unilaterally on gun control, Vice President Joe Biden told a group of House Democrats Monday, the administration’s first definitive statements about its response to last month’s mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary.

Later this week, Obama will formally announce his proposals to reduce gun violence — expected to include renewing the assault weapons ban, universal background checks and prohibiting high-capacity magazine clips. But Biden, who has been leading Obama’s task force on the response, spent two hours briefing a small group of sympathetic House Democrats on the road ahead in the latest White House outreach to invested groups.

The focus on executive orders is the result of the White House and other Democrats acknowledging the political difficulty of enacting any new gun legislation — a topic Biden did not address in Monday’s meeting.

Harry Reid give us the fingerPelosi-finger-closeup

Obama-finger

“It was all focusing on enforcing existing law, administering things like improving the background database, things like that that do not involve a change in the law but enforcing and making sure that the present law is administered as well as possible,” said Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.).

But Biden did indicate that the remains of the Obama campaign apparatus may be activated in the effort.  (read more)

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Potus Gun Ban, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Report: 19 Executive Orders Under Consideration For Gun Controls…

1. czarowniczy says:

Yep, and while the mirrors are flashing gun control and the smoke is obscuring other little Obama plays, He (I just started to use the capitalized pronoun instead of awaiting the Executive Order to do so) and Sen Rubio, according to Newsmax, are putting wheels on a new immigration reform plan that would put some 12-million Latino/a immigrants on the fast-track for citizenship – hello mid-term elections. I’m awaiting news that the Feds are going to start ‘encouraging’ new Latino/a immigrants to spread out into red areas to poison (is that too strong a term?) the voter base elsewhere as they have in the Southwest. No wonder they are pushing gun ownership restrictions on US citizens who – um – don’t vote Democratic.

• howie says:

Is this oppression? I am trying to find out if it is any different than the leaders in Selma. Alabama. They denied MLK a parade Permit. Who can say? Is Obama acting like Bull Conner? Cuomo and Bloomberg like George Wallace? A law abiding gun owner bothers no one. The tables turn. Is this the rise of the Neo Klan? Ain’t it funny how history repeats. The new majority tries to mimic the old. What would JFK think about this crap?

• czarowniczy says:

Wallace caved in his later years; perhaps he found ‘religion’ and worried about his legacy. I would not insult the Klan by comparing them with anti-Constitutionalists such as Cuomo and Bloomberg, two New York politicians whom, as such, are in the same league as incurable social diseases. The gun grabs in the planning are nothing less than an attempt by the national revisionists to ensure minimal resistance as they increase the tempo of the transformation of America into a Spanish-speaking 2nd (at best) world nation. Then again, I may be overstating the issue.

2. And zero, zip, nada information about the Sandy Hook massacre.

What a farce.

• jordan2222 says:

I have read so much I do not know what to believe but I have serious doubts that |FBI agents killed those kids. That is too much for me to handle. I do have an issue with visualizing 20 kids huddled together waiting for their turn to die.

• justfactsplz says:

I would not put anything pass them to achieve their agenda. We may not want to believe things but things are happening that we cannot deny.

• michellc says:

I don’t believe the government killed them and I don’t believe the deaths were faked.

I do though think the questions should be asked how did one man enter a school carrying a rifle without being seen. For one it’s hard to see how and for two if you don’t ask and have those questions answered it hinders preventing it from happening somewhere else.

Saying that though, there is nothing that would surprise me that the government would do.

3. jordan2222 says:

We don’t see much speculation about how the silent majority of gun owners will respond to all of this. Those are the ones that matter, not the hot head but I do wonder what Obama thinks about them.

I would bet that security costs have increased dramatically recently. I cannot find the cost of protection at the WH website. I think he has entered the danger zone.

4. That goofball VP better rub the White House boy’s curly head for good luck,
    because this Gun Control issue is definitely not going to end well.

That voodoo mother-in-law at the White House had also better line up those chicken bones in a Pentagram and pour some salt around her son-in-law if he EO’s the confiscation of guns.

Lucifer has been getting pretty excited at the prospect of a huge wave of new residents coming through The Gates in 2013. :evil:

We’re still waiting for No-Show Hugo to arrive.

• Sharon says:

http://news.yahoo.com/deaf-twins-going-blind-euthanized-165500992–abc-news-topstories.html (via iOTW)

I think in 2014, things will be stepped up even more. Since we will be required to all have some skin in the game, those who are breaking the bank by seeking medical care beyond the level estimated to be sufficient for them will be expected to step up and step out.

These brothers in Belgium have shown us the way.

• sundance says:

There is so much in that story that just hurts to contemplate… :(

• Sharon says:

Beyond comprehension. Evil. Deception.

• lovemygirl says:

And even on a personal level. As I age, will I get the required treatment I need or will the cost be too much for someone my age and my youngest daughter not have me to walk her down the aisle. That isn’t just a philosophical question since I know what may be needed (known issues unfortunately) and don’t know what will come over the next decade or so. It isn’t just so much about me, but if this new government just lets me die to save money and my daughter’s children do not experience the grandpa, certainly not great grandpa like I did, just so the low level types can get free BC or whatever crap Obama is giving away for power. I didn’t expect to work so hard for this long to have my Health Benefits suddenly become in danger due to people who never worked being promised something they never earned just for a vote.

• I checked the LLB this morning…no Belgium brothers down here.
        (Lucifer Log Book) :evil:

5. lovemygirl says:

A Time for Everything – Ecclesiastes 3
    Don’t forget there is a time to Kill.

6. Sharon says:

And keep in mind, it’s all ok with Congress. Except for Rand Paul.

• lovemygirl says:

I’m trying to get Rand to talk to my “former” conservative rep. For years he would only vote the right way and then this tragedy was sold to him like a bag of goods and he bought it They (the fairly new conservatives) don’t understand the importance other than their power was usurped. I don’t think it is setting in that the power of the People is being hijacked just yet but I really think it will. I do know the Obamamites are gleeful and are happy he is acting like a dictator from other sites. These jackwagons think it is a good thing.

7. sundance says:

Having outlined, repeatedly, the abject willingness for President Obama to manipulate his way around limitations, I find myself wondering exactly what the end of this “trial balloon” actually is.

If you look at the constitution, I mean actually look at it, and all the amendments to it -in it’s current format- you can go right down a checklist of action taken by this administration that specifically undermines each in an almost sequential order….

• lovemygirl says:

It may be easy to predict his next move then, he isn’t the genius people make him out to be. I remember laughing when people spoke so highly of his intellect and trying not to laugh, so I did not appear arrogant. I have always known he was a snake oil salesman with a goal. I thought that goal was his wealth and accolades. I did not realize that he really would start in his second phase to work against the people for the animals better than us until they all started walking on their hind hooves.

• retire2005 says:

sundance, remember this: Joe Biden is advising Obama what Obama can legally do via Executive Order. This is the guy (Biden) that failed his bar exam eleven times. ELEVEN TIMES. Biden didn’t pass the bar until the 12th try.

So here is the plan; make illegal criminals into legal citizens and make legal gun owning citizens into criminals. Hellofa deal, right? Only one problem; I don’t know one gun owner who is going to agree to register their guns with the feds. And according to the FBI, 19,592,303 NCIS background checks were done last year and a total of 2.7 million firearms were sold, up from the 2 million sold in 2011. Since Obama took office, 67 million LEGAL firearms have been sold, giving us more firepower than China and India combined.

Here is a suggestion for all of you: find out if your local Chief of Police, or County Sheriff belongs to Oath Keepers.

8. Ron Callaway says:

His exact number of 19 executive orders have special meaning for muslims
    there were 19 hijackers on 9/11
    the number 19 is known as the voodoo magic number in islam.

9. This is the #1 most dangerous thing the president could do for himself and us. To take million of legitimate law abiding people and to suddenly turn them into felons and make them angry to boot? This could easily cause a civil war, and that did not turn out so well for Linclon. Is this man insane?

10. John Galt says:

Finally, someone talks sense:

Rep. Steve Stockman, a Republican from the Houston area, called Obama’s plans to skirt Congress and implement some controls administratively “an unconstitutional and unconscionable attack on the very founding principles of this republic.” He also threatened to defund the White House.
    “I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment,” Stockman said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/15/texas-congressman-threatens-impeachment-if-obama-moves-on-guns/#ixzz2I3ZqaRmG

11. Patricia says:

I have still dont think 911 was an inside job, but this sandy hook thing is really weird..

12. Bongo says:

Obama is inching his way towards impeachment every day.

• ctdar says:

He is past that mark…what is the reasoning to arm non us citizens in Mexico (F&F) but disarm the US Citizen?
      I pray Congress is inching closer to calling for impeachment.

13. brutalhonesty says:

amazing. all these years all this gun violence, when Obama and Biden had all the answers all along. I mean, it only took biden a few weeks to come up with these 19 executive orders, which apparently will solve all the problems.

Anyway, I cant wait to see them all outlined so I can ask over and over to no avail and never get an answer as to how any of them would have stopped the sandy shooting.

14. ctdar says:

What part of infringe via executive order does not violate the Constitution??

2nd Amendment
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”

Main Entry: in·fringe
    Pronunciation: \in-ˈfrinj\
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): in·fringed; in·fring·ing
    Etymology: Medieval Latin infringere, from Latin, to break, crush, from in- + frangere to break — more at break

transitive verb
    1 : to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another
    2 obsolete : defeat, frustrate
    intransitive verb
    : encroach —used with on or upon
    synonyms see trespass
    — in·fring·er noun

15. ctdar says:

Just saw on Fox Obama going to be joined by children at press conference regarding new gun control tomorrow. What a POS to use children in guilting others to think this this way !!!

• WeeWeed says:

I KNEW it. “It’s for the chirrens…..”

• aliashubbatch says:

They would just as soon have these children aborted if they were in the womb.

• WeeWeed says:

I’m quite often tempted to ask how they made it “out” in one piece when they pull these photo-op stunts. I guess some fetuses are more “equal” than others.

• aliashubbatch says:

You’re gonna have to explain this one to me slowly. I didn’t understand the joke (is that even the right word) here.

• ctdar says:

Need to pay attention to who these children are and if seen before. Bet parents are related to the administration somehow.
        Props are props and meant to have multi uses. :evil:

• howie says:

Gotta have some props. This is sick. Really sick.

• ctdar says:

Spokesman Carney said WH received letters from all those children regarding the need for stricter gun control. So tomorrow will POS in his next breath going to disarm the SS and those security agents guarding his & other members of congress childrens schools?
      what about the rights of the children that were saved either by an adult or themself with a firearm? Guess all those letters went to the shredder.

16. WeeWeed says:

Aaaaaaannnnnnnddddddd…. the Texas-bashing will begin in 3…2….1…..

• John Galt says:

Just go ahead and indict and impeach Obama and Biden for conspiracy to illegally infringe constitutional rights.

18 USC 241

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or
      intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth,
      Possession, or District **** in the free exercise or enjoyment of any
      right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of
      the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same **** ;

OR

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the
      premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free
      exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured -

**** They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than
      ten years, or both ****; and if death results from the acts committed in
      violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an
      attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit
      aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined
      under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life,
      or both, or may be sentenced to death.

• howie says:

Not before they mint some trillion dollah coins to pay off the billz. It is the only hope we have of ever paying off the note. Then impeach them. Debt paid, Obama in jail….Perfect.

• howie says:

WOW!.Just did a little research on this. You are heading in the right direction I think. As I have thought it is time to turn the tables against them. All the precedents from the 60′s can now be used. These cases were decided to stop the blacks from being deprived constitutional rights. Maybe they can be used to stop the communists from depriving the citizens of their constitutional freedoms. Good show. After all we are now the minority.

• howie says:

Double WOW! These laws are how they went after “The Ku Klux Klan.” They could be used to go after their modern day counterpart.

• howie says:

Let’s found the Southern Wealthy Law Center…:) Poverty Sucks!

17. brutalhonesty says:

This is concealed carry in action. That poor thug never saw it coming; then again he is just another stupid criminal preying on a “defenseless” hard working honest citizen. But this time the citizen was armed, and was obviously well acquainted with gun control, meaning the ability to control his gun so as the bullets come out of the barrel well aimed and on the right target, in this case a scumbag out to do no good.

18. howie says:

Well all the ammo and guns are sold out. Is this mobilization? I don’t think the people will buy this laying dow. Just my opinion. Wonder where it will start?

• WeeWeed says:

OT, but our WalMartinez here said they’ll be getting more ammo, they just don’t know what or when, exactly, since they don’t do their own ordering. (Central purchasing, I assume.) With fluctuating pricing and availability, who knows – but DH was able to pick up a little of something-or-other tonight. So let’s not all go thumbs-down on Wal*Mart just yet.